[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hard Science Fiction or Soft Science Fiction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: 1470419419175.jpg (476KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1470419419175.jpg
476KB, 1000x667px
Hard Science Fiction or Soft Science Fiction?
>>
File: 789266-areale1_large.jpg (49KB, 300x609px) Image search: [Google]
789266-areale1_large.jpg
49KB, 300x609px
Erotic Science Fiction.
>>
>>52398453
Fiction.
>>
File: 1471044800897.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1471044800897.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>52398463
Hard alien girls or soft alien girls?
>>
>>52398483
Hard all the way. There's nothing better than tenderly caressing the carapace of an insect girl.
>>
>>52398453
I like both. Depends on what I'm in the mood for.

Semi-hard is pretty good, though.
>>
>>52398483
Soft Alien girls. Gimme point eared, blue chicks in golden swimsuits all the way over amorphous memetic reproducing concepts
>>
>>52398483
hard alien trap girls
soft alien girl-girls
>>
File: 4800481_1.jpg (132KB, 600x933px) Image search: [Google]
4800481_1.jpg
132KB, 600x933px
>>52398483
Hard.

If her thighs aren't Velvet wrapped Granite, I'm not interested. I want a girl who can mount me no matter the gravitational field.
>>
Pretty stiff

>somewhat believable (or at least interesting) political changes on Earth, no "every continent becomes a country"
>Transhumanist revolution comes before space age, human body becomes absolutely obsolete due to scientific advancement
>humans manage to connect nervous systems to computers, eliminating all physical limitations and allowing digital content to be created through the mind
>the upper class become a separate species, earth ruled by immortals who change their bodies as they please and take advice from 500 IQ neurocomputers that generate all possibilities at insane speeds
>99% of space travel is done through AIs and remote drones, AIs can travel far away then self-replicate with the resources they find to multiply across the galaxy like viruses
>no stereotypical space battles, instead hulking ships drift around occasionally firing at eachother at sluggish speeds (more for flavor than realism)
>aliens have already claimed millions of star systems, capable of Dyson spheres and terraforming etc, humans have absolutely zero chance at defeating them, and the amount of people in contact with aliens is in the hundreds, no physical contact, no one knows what aliens look like, only their drones
>all spacefaring races are absolutely terrified of eachother, extremely limited contact and cooperation, no LE GALACTIC FEDERATION
>humans are just rats drifting around the abandoned systems of drones fighting over crumbs
>>
File: les_robots_asimov.jpg (30KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
les_robots_asimov.jpg
30KB, 300x250px
>>52398453
"Hard" scifi is but a science fiction story that tries to be more believable by using complicated words.

All scifi is deliciously silly up to a point.
All good scifi stories doesn't use the "science fiction" aspect of their setting as their main point of interest, but more as a good way to support an interesting point, wathever it could be.

See Asimov's cycle of robots, for exemple. Who cares, what is exactly a "positronic brain", or how it exactly works ? It's a concept, used to have thinking robots working upon a predetermined set of rules, and to see what happens to them. "Positronic brains" are simply a good pretext for that, not the main point of attraction of those stories.
>>
File: sherrif bot.jpg (75KB, 552x768px) Image search: [Google]
sherrif bot.jpg
75KB, 552x768px
>>52398733
Asimov's robot stories are not interesting and his laws of robotics are themselves not interesting and it is a shame his legacy is creating the 3 laws which ultimately exist today to create arguments on ss13 servers from people that have never read a single book of his works.

He's a good author though, stories like the last question and "does a bee care?" are fantastic
>>
>>52398788
>Johnny 5
M'lady.
>>
I prefer to go full Space Fantasy
>>
>>52398453
sci fi that builds on established technologies but upgrades them for maximum coolness, while adding a bit of Magic. It should only be plausible so far that only those with more than a basic understanding can easily uncover the layers of bullshit it's build on.
for example, Metal Gear series
>>
Semi-hard is the best.

Eclipse Phase gives a nice illusion of hard sci-fi.
>>
>>52398453
Depends on the story
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.