[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Godbound Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

you wake up with a ringing in your ear, blurry headache, you open your eyes and look around you see other each other, your clothes are scorched, the area around you looks destroyed, stone is singed and crumbling around you. in the middle is some kind of statue thats been completely shattered.

you hear the sound of multiple soldiers charging up the stairs shouting "kill the heretics!"

thats what I've got for the intro, I'm going to be running a game where the players are the split powers of a single god who have to piece together what happened to them.

i haven't read much of the god bound book but I'm liking it so far so I'm working on a campaign.

your thoughts? also I'm looking for some kind of big bad type of enemy, so far i have

1 - a determined human with a vendetta and will go to any lengths to kill the gods.

hes driven, maybe charismatic or crazy, but in the end hes just a normal human that had the power to change the world and take on 6 gods, one man changed the whole world.

2 - An emperor who has declared war on the gods

less dramatic but still can be interesting, a whole nation has declared war on gods, most people dont agree with them. he also has 10 powerful people titled god killers, human with impossible levels of strength as his soldiers.

3 - the titans that were sealed away before the reign of the gods have now awoken

4 - the trickster god

finally enacted his plan to kill the other gods, but since you were assumed dead/split he didnt take you out, so its you 6 versus him, you have a chance since he only won because he had the element of surprise.
>>
bump with pics

"godkillers"
>>
"servant of dark god"
>>
"Dark god?"
>>
"The Titan Koltrem"
>>
"The Titan Sherramuir"
>>
File: 1454219500435.jpg (98KB, 1275x669px) Image search: [Google]
1454219500435.jpg
98KB, 1275x669px
"Titan Isiar the Betrayer"
>>
File: 1454303265738.jpg (318KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1454303265738.jpg
318KB, 1000x1333px
"Typhon Titan of Monsters"
>>
welp, last bump i guess. if it dies, it dies.
>>
>>52390649
search by image just brings up a bunch of political shit, sauce?
>>52388924
Have you considered using more than one of those villain concepts? It might be cool to see 1 working with 4, who is actually using him for his own nefarious purposes
>>
>>52390676
that image looks shopped.

and i could see 2 in its quest and desperation releasing 3. what other villains could fit though
>>
>>52390676
bottom right corner of picture

SweetheartVideo.com
>>
I too am new to godbound and want to know if there's any supplements and modules. (Theres no general up right now)
>>
>>52388924
>a normal human that had the power to change the world and take on 6 gods
I don't think you understand the word normal
>>
>>52393909
i think you underestimate the power of good storytelling and determination
>>
>>52390676
1 being manipulated by 4 was my first thought as well. The imprisoned trickster god, unable to act from it's prison, instead goads a human cats paw. The human is themselves a godbound of the trickster god, having its powers to take on the others. They may or may not know their powers are granted by a God - perhaps they believe humans can undergo apotheosis on their own, and Gods are blocking humanities path in order to keep their own control and enslave mortals. Maybe he was even right.

In either case, he's actually a benevolent and wise ruler who has brought prosperity to his followers. But the problem is his destruction of the gods and their followers is unbalancing the world and causing it to go out of wack - weather is going nuts, crops die, forests are coming alive and spreading like a green fire, deserts are swallowing whole regions. The Mortal Ruler meanwhile believes this to be the last petty revenge of the gods at a humanity casting them off, and that these problems can be solved with Ingenuity and/or killing all the Gods once and for all.

The overgod, in the last days of the pantheon, gathered up the last sparks and fragments of his children and then conjured from all over the world mortals chosen to exemplify these dead gods and eventually become their replacements in order to save the world. This let's PCs have freedom with their backgrounds, they could be literally anyone pulled from anywhere, quite against their will - destiny just thought they were the ideal candidate. All that should unite them is the fact everyone now wants to kill them and that they were exceptional before hand

Basically a bit of exalted, a bit of Jade Empire.
>>
>>52394603
thats really fucking cool, jesus, how long have you been a GM?
>>
>>52388924
1 - Ancient Immortal Meticulous Wizard
2 - Demon of considerable power (preferably one they help put in power)
3 - A Child of the murdered God
4 - Slumbering Dooms Day Level creatures/people from old
5 - Other worldly monstrosities
6 - A simple bucket of water
>>
>>52396906
I have never GM's in my life

Anyway, for the tricksters motives - as the primordial embodiment of chaos, deception, and destruction they cannot help what they are. It is in their nature to unmake, just as it was the father gods nature to preserve and create. Destruction vs Stagnation, Death vs Life. However there was a problem. As the god of chaos, order was anathema to them. But as they played out their never ending unwinnable war across the ages, it just repeated an endless cycle. Order is anathema to it, as a being of Chaos. It could tolerate losing, that was fine, but not the endless repetition of the same cycles across eternity. So it attempted to break the cycle and the rules, and for this the father God imprisoned it. Now not only was it stuck, but it could not fulfill its purpose, and the universe grew unchecked.

It's alliance/patronship of the mortal Lord is actually an unlosable Gambit. By endowing mortals with the remaining fragments of divinity, the divine has been freed from the chains of fate. Unlike their forbears, the gods the PCs will eventually become will be completely free and able to choose their own paths, rather than being slaves to their nature. So either he succeeds and destroys the world in which case yay, because that's the purpose of his very existence, or he LOSES and he has successfully creates new gods not beholden to any primordial laws or nature. He has introduced human free will into the system, the ultimate chaos.

Whoever loses, the chaos God wins

All according to Keikaku.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.