[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 55

File: LogoClanTzimisce.png (22KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
LogoClanTzimisce.png
22KB, 500x530px
Fiends edition

Previous thread: >>52357038

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/gaining-the-princes-favor-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
Have you ever played a Tzimisce character that wasn't a flesh-shaping fetishist and actually looked somewhat normal?
>>
>>52382415

But why would you do that ever, OP?

Unless of course, you're playing Old Clan Tzimisce, the best clan.
>>
Also, did that anon find VtM - A Beast I Am by Bart Dijkman in the end?
>>
>>52382415
>Have you ever played a Tzimisce character that wasn't a flesh-shaping fetishist and actually looked somewhat normal?
Could Appearance 0 qualify as Normal?
Tzimisce infiltrator in the ranks of Camarilla posing as Nosferatu.
>>
https://anonfile.com/o688y6b9b6/CofD_Dark_Eras_Companion.pdf

Lest anyone who wants it miss it last thread.
>>
File: LogoBloodlineOldClanTzimisce.png (41KB, 557x500px) Image search: [Google]
LogoBloodlineOldClanTzimisce.png
41KB, 557x500px
>>52382549

Aren't the Old Clan Tzimisce pretty low generations? Being one of their childer would make your character kind of OP. Not to mention the circumstances for your Embrace would have to be quite special.
>>
>>52382549
>>52382612
Or you can be thin-blooded Caitiff with Ani/Aus/Dom and delusional self-esteem.
>>
>>52382609

Anyone else having trouble opening up the link, let alone trying to download it? My internet's fine.
>>
>>52382657
If anyone got it last thread wants to throw it up on mega or something that'd be for the best probably. Anonfiles I've found has really sluggish download speeds
>>
>>52382415
>Have you ever played a Tzimisce character that wasn't a flesh-shaping fetishist and actually looked somewhat normal?
Shapeshifting into someone else for most of the campaign? Infiltration style sociopathic Tzimisce is a personal favorite style of mine to play as. Give him a background like a Hannibal style murderer or as some sort of self-loathing identity crisis kinda guy.
>>
>>52382415
When I play a Tzimisce I either play old clan (no Vicissitude) or just use Vicissitude to get free dots of appearance
>>
>>52382550
I'm still digging. I had to go to bed because I'm dogsitting this weekend. So far, everything's turned up as a 'no'. I think it's not easily found because of the obscurity, like a bunch of 1e VtM books.
>>
File: sdadwrew.jpg (8KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
sdadwrew.jpg
8KB, 253x199px
How would you use Shrek as an inspiration for a Beast game? What would be Shrek's Hunger? Isolation?
>>
File: pathofmetamorphosisthe.jpg (87KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
pathofmetamorphosisthe.jpg
87KB, 350x500px
>>52382884
Learn Vicissitude, don't tell anyone. When it comes down to sudden but inevitable betrayal among the party, there's no trump card like Horrid Form out of nowhere.
>>
>>52382934

I looked it up on several different places (Rutracker, Warez and such), but no dice.
>>
>>52383335
I think this one may elude us just because the only digital source for it is gone. The usual places I go to grab archives of stuff aren't working either to get from that old site from that french VtM forum.
>>
>>52383429

It's a fucking shame that what.cd had to shut down preemptively.
>>
>>52382679
It'd probably be one of Prime actually since their memories are scribed on the Scroll of Ages and I feel like the only way to find that thing is Space and Prime maxed out.
>>
>>52383453
I'll prod around 7chan and a couple of other places too.
>>
>>52382796
Mathematically the bare minimum of Arisen is low thousands. We have an official number for the Deceived who were explicitly the smallest guild with least successful instances of the Rite. Even adding one o their total and multiplying by five for the Arisen gets you about 2k mummies. Still not a ton in the sense of our world of billions though, for sure.
>>
>>52383146
Onions.
>>
>>52382415
I don't understand why they dropped the ToD moniker when it was so appropriate
>>
>>52383796

>ToD moniker

The what now?
>>
>>52382415
Never played oWoD at all. NWoD masterrace. (Except for Bloodlines, those were honorary Aryan.)

>>52382657
Ok here.
>>
File: MagePrivilege.png (121KB, 897x619px) Image search: [Google]
MagePrivilege.png
121KB, 897x619px
Mage Privilege Discuss
>>
>>52384069
The first side bar on privilege they haven't fucked up.
>>
>>52384069

That does make me wonder if the traditional Supernal cosmology eventually won out universally by 2017 CE in the CofD, or if there's still parts of the world that have different paradigms on what Awakening magic is. It'd be a good excuse for Magical Traditions follow-up, probably.
>>
>>52384166
In theory half of the Free Council is shit focused on that, not just their tech and DEMOCRACY angle not that you'd get that by reading their sections in 1e or 2e.

Not to mention Nameless Orders since those are often regional powers rather than a global thing and can have either local politics or local religion as motivators.
>>
>>52384069
>>52384114
I don't know why "Privilege" part of title was even there.
>>
>>52384069

One of the primary themes of Mage is privilege, and that's evident and entirely uncontroversial. It's actually something fun to embrace for your character, generally without the far left-wing lecturing by the game writers and developers evident in some WW books.

The sidebar in the Companion is similarly relevant and understandable in such a book without the usual implied or explicit WW lecturing (*cough* Mortal Remains *cough*).

As someone who often rolls my eyes reading WW sidebars, I find absolutely nothing wrong with the cited sidebar.
>>
>>52384166
>different paradigms in Awakening

Let us never discuss *paradigms* outside of criticism of Ascension.

It's just different perspectives and explanation about the exact same universal Truths.
>>
>>52384276

Right, a Paradigm.
>>
>>52384293

Hey, how 'bout them Order of Hermes mages?
>>
I think we can all agree that Ascension is just SO much better than Awakening.

It's not like DaveB is going to storm on down and smite me for saying this.

Right guys?
>>
>>52383810
Trash of Dumbness
>>
>>52384166
its a deconstruction of the cosmology not a reaffirmation of it. Basically saving the phenomenon of being a mage is then reflected upon by the culture.

It says the modern mages have a belief in the Atlantis myth because of their culture and not whether is the actual truth of the matter. Mages think there is a supernal not because there might be but because that's what the culture believes.

The supernal, the path, and abyss are concepts to explain and understand wtf is going on.

What happens when you over reach and your spells go wrong? "It's the AByss clouding our spells as we reach to the supernal!"
or is it
"Father slapped my hands and sent a message to rebuke my sins"

Are they paths to power or ancestors? The side bar calls it out. Opening up questions and closing the secretes behind the curtain of the ST's notes. While at the same time saying the systems as before can still be used without a huge meta explanation
>>
File: skirmish.gif (755KB, 320x135px) Image search: [Google]
skirmish.gif
755KB, 320x135px
>>52384365
>Ascension is just SO much better than Awakening
I bet Dave would dropkick you through a window if you said to his face IRL.
>>
File: you_re_funny.jpg (34KB, 298x443px) Image search: [Google]
you_re_funny.jpg
34KB, 298x443px
>>52384365
>I think we can all agree that Ascension is just SO much better than Awakening.
>>
>>52384365
>It's not like DaveB is going to storm on down and smite me for saying this.
Sleep tight, anon. Keep the door locked
>>
stop giving him (You) s
>>
File: hundred million and one.png (157KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hundred million and one.png
157KB, 600x600px
>>52384663
marxists are retarded, kill yourself
>>
File: tzimisce_by_volkniv-d8wzdpq.jpg (54KB, 400x586px) Image search: [Google]
tzimisce_by_volkniv-d8wzdpq.jpg
54KB, 400x586px
>>52382415

I like them better on the subtly abnormal-side. Andrei for example is cool but too many protruding bones and skin flaps makes him look like a stegosaurus dino furry or something.
>>
must be a bad day. tg is typically more on point with it's shitposting
>>
>>52384734
>must be a bad day only 100 muslims raped someone in my country, fucking islamaphobes probably oppressing them
>>
>>52384756
>>52384684
Go back to /pol polfag
>>
>>52384786
>i'm a rebel because I think what tv tells me to think
Wow, so THIS is the power of retardation
>>
File: Back cover of Tzimisce Book.jpg (342KB, 775x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Back cover of Tzimisce Book.jpg
342KB, 775x1024px
>not playing a Tzimisce with a vagina face
>>
>>52384734
Tell me about it. What with this poltard wondering in.
>>
>>52384955

>games for mature minds
>>
>>52385023
TRASH
OF
DUMBNESS
>>
File: laff.jpg (19KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
laff.jpg
19KB, 400x267px
>>52382415
>people here
>playing games
>>
File: sad cat.jpg (35KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
sad cat.jpg
35KB, 567x437px
GUYS STOP FIGHTING

THIS IS A PLACE FOR PEACEFUL CONTEMPLATION
>>
File: 1374908703251.jpg (36KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1374908703251.jpg
36KB, 500x382px
>>52383721
Anon who made the original request last thread here, thanks again for trying.
>>
>>52385063
vampire fuckin' sucks and the only people who have ever liked it are losers
>>
>>52384365
Who the fuck is DaveB
>>
>>52385023
the problem is one of mimicry. the vagina dentai is the fear of castration. divorced from it's original context and applied with an amateur understanding, what you get is gore for gore sack
>>
>>52385087
wow rude
>>
File: Komodo.jpg (63KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
Komodo.jpg
63KB, 426x240px
>>52385113
>>
>>52385113
A guy who hates waifus
>>
>>52385163
That's Hill, not DaveB
>>
>>52385121
freud pls
>>
>>52385178
nice try Dave but everyone knows Hill was just your pseudonym to let your inner weeb out
>>
>>52385198
There's a rumor that DaveB secretly produced Princess the Hopeful
>>
>>52385113
>>52384365
>Who the fuck is DaveB
>It's not like DaveB is going to storm on down and smite me

Heathens

Dave B is the Komodo Lord, King of Scales, Lover of All Reptiles, and developer of Mage 2e and Deviant (with author credits in every nWOD/CofD gameline and probably the best RPG actual play threads in existence).

Anger not such a powerful and fickle god!
>>
>>52385178
Oh, that was the nicest beatdown I ever saw, when that guy schooled him on waifu. Of course, he's an expat living in Japan so... yeah.
>>
>>52385187
something done bad is bad.
>>
File: princesscat.jpg (21KB, 324x244px) Image search: [Google]
princesscat.jpg
21KB, 324x244px
>>52385220
Tell him to get an Editor fro PtH. it's other wise an interesting idea, but a lot of chaff needs to be reworked or cut off
>>
File: rachnera maid.jpg (577KB, 1004x822px) Image search: [Google]
rachnera maid.jpg
577KB, 1004x822px
>>52382415
I haven't, but that's actually what I want to do (along with being non-Sabbat, so that'd be bretty tough). Would just make myself elegant. Sure, maybe would still make clothes and stuff, like bone corsets with flesh cloth, but that's more inventory than actual people, and even then, make the nature of things I make hidden. Why, maybe even sculpt things so say, look like a succubus.

I thought of a kind of side gig I could do, using Vicissitude to make appearance changes for clients. Maybe I'd even charge elders more, because they've got the resources and more pressing demands (like changing appearance completely, to hide).

Whenever I get around to having a haven, obviously I'd turn some ghouls into monstergirls.
>>
>>52385113

A man who turned mage the awakening into his waifu
>>
>>52384276
>Let us never discuss *paradigms* outside of criticism of Ascension.

Okay but only if we never discuss "Atlantis" outside of criticism of Awakening.
>>
>>52385361

Dave earned his gig as developer of Mage 2e.

After reading his mage actual plays, Broken Diamond and Soul Cage, all doubt will be erased.

It's a shame he's developer of Mage in the OPP era where supplements are very few and far between.
>>
>>52385361
The Exarchs are in fact Dave's personal harem
>>
>>52385396
>Okay but only if we never discuss "Atlantis" outside of criticism of Awakening.

Deal!

However, Atlantis was perceived as an issue far more than it actually existed from the text, particularly with most of the later supplements. In fact, many players really just seemed annoyed at the unified mage cosmology and background in the Awakening setting, rather than the gonzo paradigms they were used to from years of playing Ascension.
>>
File: Jade.jpg (18KB, 218x300px) Image search: [Google]
Jade.jpg
18KB, 218x300px
>>52385331
You don't want to be Tzimisce, you want to be Toreador Antitribu with Vicissitude. Fortunately, while not exactly common, they do exist.
>>
I am reminded of an old post by AmyV describing Dave's very own mystery cult in the CofD.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/43586930/#43590303

Adherents of DaveB

Among the few Onyx Path freelancers that subject themselves to /wodg/ on a regular basis, none are more beloved than Dave Brookshaw. His word trumps all in these threads, and a single post from him can turn the tide of a conversation and leave participants recanting, should they be unfortunate enough to have disagreed with Dave. Any that hold their beliefs even after the target of this cult's worship can look forward to being shitposted into oblivion until they recant.

Cultists: Anon, tripfag, nMage fan, newbie freelancer, aspiring writer, fa/tg/uy just passing by

Initiation benefits.

• All initiates are familiar with the rules and themes of Mage: The Awakening. They gain a M:tAw specialty in Academics.

•• Further-initiated Adherents have memorized the entire David Brookshaw literary canon. They gain the Eidectic Memory merit, but only for books either developed or written by Brookshaw.

••• DaveB likes Komodo dragons, right? Somehow, the cult's dedication to this guy grants the 8 again benefit to Animal Ken rolls involving Komodo Dragons

•••• Such close study of the game's developer unlocks the secrets of Mage: The Awakening in their entirety. A character with Adherents of DaveB •••• can talk about or play nMage without sounding like a twat. That is its own reward.

••••• Oh my god, you're actually friends with DaveB! When you do something on social media, roll presence + computer. On a success, he'll like or retweet the post. On an exceptional success, he'll actually reply to you! Now don't freak out.
>>
File: 1486616201150.gif (912KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
1486616201150.gif
912KB, 240x176px
>>52385250
>vagina teeth must always be a metaphor for fear of dick chopping
>expecting pomo faggotry from pulp entertainment
>>
>>52385542

Signs of Sorcery has been in development forever, Tome of the Pentacle hasn't even entered first drafts, and Dave rarely posts here any more.

My faith has been shaken.

I believe DaveB may be a false god...
>>
>>52385542
>geting the five dot merit bonus without trying
Priceless
>>
>>52385601
>players are idiots
Yes I'm saying this, what are you trying to say?
>>
>>52382415
I did, a Tzimisce Dirt Merchant.
I basically made a career shipping around soil for elders of the clan that would need to travel for major events around the world.
>>
>>52385542
DaveB really is the most beloved of the Devs, isn't he?
>>
>>52382415
How do storytellers handle a PC learning a discipline they're usually not supposed to have? A nosferatu in my group ended up using his ridiculous strength and his potence to use a Tzimisce's own ghoul like a club to beat the shit out of him, then bullied/blackmailed them into teaching the guy about the discipline.

The scene was pretty funny. But I can't help but feel like it's kind of our of place for a nossie to just go running around with this skill.

How so I make it so that he's not going around abusing the shit out of it?
>>
>>52385789
Well for starters the Nos would have to be atleast the first step to being blood bonded.

Ontop of that the Tzimisce that taught him the secret art of fleshcrafting to some outsider is probably going to be fucking murdered... this extends doubly so to the Nossy.
>>
File: toreador antitribu blood.jpg (35KB, 500x688px) Image search: [Google]
toreador antitribu blood.jpg
35KB, 500x688px
>>52385517
Oh my, didn't know about this character.

And to be honest, I hadn't thought of that possibility. But I'm not really sold on the Toreador's philosophy. Granted, I'm, not really sold on the Tzimisce main clan's philosophy either, but just looking like a monster for the sake of itself or for 'art' strikes me as dumb as best. But I don't think my prototypical character is so much fascinated with beauty as rather making others happy with how they are, and making some good dollar out of it. Sure, I think said character would have the Tzimisce or Toreador Antitribu appreciation of flesh and bones as another canvas, or even an grudging appreciation for monsters who are well constructed or other character quirks, but beyond that I don't think said character would be gone that far.

Am I going about this the wrong way or what? I mean I was also planning on being with Path of Humanity, so that kind of nixes Toreador Antitribu, doesn't it? If anything, trying to keep Humanity as a depraved Clan like Tzimisce would be kind of interesting, I would think.

That said, I'll have a look at this Jade girl more. It's not like she isn't interesting, or the concept of Antitribu Toreador aren't interesting, but I'm very much a newbie at RPing tabletop.
>>
File: crazy tranny.jpg (63KB, 423x598px) Image search: [Google]
crazy tranny.jpg
63KB, 423x598px
>>52385789
same guy?
>>
File: folder.jpg (2MB, 3656x3661px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
2MB, 3656x3661px
>>52385667
your understanding is flawed and you should just take >>52384955 at (vagina) face-value instead of trying to enforce some rigid interpretation of what vagina mouths should be based on what your women's studies course and tvtropes tells you
>>
I know they're designed not to be, but think about what you could do with an edition whose splats WERE balanced with each other.

You could literally have Vampire clans work as a big crossover that actually functions coherently because it's still all within the totally normal Vampire fluff.
>Tremere are characters who make use of Vampire rules and Mage rules
>Gangrel are characters who make use of Vampire rules and Werewolf rules
>Setites are characters who make use of Vampire rules and Mummy rules
>Giovanni are characters who make use of Vampire rules and Wraith rules
>Kiasyd are characters who make use of Vampire rules and Fucking Faggot Fairy rules, although Toreador also meet that description
>Assamites (or maybe Brujah) are characters who make use of Vampire rules and Hunter rules
>other clans can stay "pure" Vampire, or even just inspire their own newer splat spinoffs if they're special enough

I love multiclassing sorry
>>
>>52385836
Almost all of the sabbat is on humanity, they just sit at around 1-3 most of the time.

Going in a path means you need someone who sees you as valuable enough yo spend the next decade or so teaching you to stop thinking like a human.
>>
>>52385861
So you're saying that vampires should have the capabilities of all the gamelines?

BOY GET OUT NOW
>>
>>52385836
Caitiff can theoretically have Vicissitude too, that would give you the freedom to pursue any philosophy or allegiance whatsoever. Just make sure no real Tzimisce finds out, they don't take kindly on thinbloods dabbling in their ancient art. Well, and Tremeres might try to dissect you for academical purposes. And some kindred might think diablerizing you will grant them the power... but besides that you should be safe.
>>
>>52385894
Paths were a mistake
>>
>>52385836
FYI VtES isn't exactly cannon. A lot of vampires were invented strictly for the game and to balance out clan/cap/discipline distribution.

There's a dude Ahrimanes in VtES and I think also a dude in another all-girl clan who's name escapes me but they're all singers or performers and their sig discipline is called Melponimee or something like that.
>>
>>52385947
Not fully, more like hybridization
Come on lad, have ye no faith in a hypothetical designer we are pretending will make no mistakes?
>>
>>52385834
So the coterie is basically gets fucked up and it's all Nossy's fault? Should I make him take the Clan Enmity flaw then?
>>
>>52385961
World of Darkness was a mistake
LARP was a mistake
>>
>>52385983
>more like hybridization

Sir, take your gay porn and get the fuck out.
>>
>>52385983
I feel like everything would feel very samey with a loss of focus on what particular kind of horror each line specializes in.
>>
>>52385963
>another all-girl clan who's name escapes
Sirens / Daughters of Cacophony
basically lesbian lovechild of Toreador and Malkavian Antitribu
>>
>>52386022
I'm thinking of heterogeneous mechanics, you're the one hung up on homo ones.
>>
>>52386001
If it becomes gossip in the courts that he has it then at that point he's looking at needing that flaw yeah.

Also if the Sabbat learn of it before that.
>>
>>52385780
>DaveB really is the most beloved of the Devs, isn't he?

Well the other devs are mostly people like David Hill jr, a charicature of what people think went the term sjw is thrown.

Not exactly a high bar.
>>
>>52385963
>>52386049
Daughters of Cacophony are just primarily female, the text goes out of its way to mention that. Nothing lore-breaking about living out a nightmare existence of a man bound to a female-dominated diva clan.
>>
File: nkcqmaCofd1tbaly7o1_400.gif (2MB, 360x243px) Image search: [Google]
nkcqmaCofd1tbaly7o1_400.gif
2MB, 360x243px
When vampires in movies mind rape people over long distances is that Presence, Auspex, or Dominate?
>>
>>52386130
>David Hill jr, a charicature of what people think went the term sjw is thrown.
Hes literally a Communist.
>>
>>52386149
Isn't that a Thaumaturgy thing you can do if you get someone's blood?
>>
>>52385894
>>52385951
Well I understand a lot of the Sabbat is really low on Humanity, but at least all named characters I've seen, even fresh ones, have taken up a Path, so I figure it happens real soon in the Sabbat.

Now I understand Humanity doesn't equal goodness 1:1, or that even "the good guys" have high humanity (I think I read somewhere that Smiling Jack's humanity is only at like 5 or 6, which Bloodlines reflected very well if you look at his dialogue), but I guess I'm a filthy Salubri admirer and I guess personally speaking I like doing good, or if I have to do bad things, try to do it in pursuit of something better, so maybe that would make a good complex to transfer over? What kind of combination powers would Obeah-Vicissitude have? Just kidding. And yeah I'm aware the Tremere have it out bad for Vicissitude users - that said, surely one can find a way to hide as a Tremere. Seems half the fucking clans/bloodlines do it anyways. Of course that won't save from any Tzimisce hunters, but eh fuck them.
>>
>>52386149
All three probably. Depends on the specifics of the mind rape
>>
>>52385861

Isnt that what monte cooks wod/gurps is for?
>>
>>52386003
Mage was a mistake.

Vampire was a godsend.
>>
>>52386003
LARP is the best, I haven't seen so many adults behave like children in my entire life
>>
>>52386151

Well, then in this case Zak S. really did nothing wrong.
>>
>>52386045
The fluff would be literally the same for most of these clans, just with LESS samey mechanics.
>>
>>52386151

What communism have to do with fighting social justice using the same shit methods of the people you oppose?
>>
>>52386161
It happens soon in the Sabbat because you lose your humanity in the sabbat so quickly and once you're down to humanity 4 or less someone above your station is going to make the executive call of either throwing you into a Sabbat Raid you won't come back from or bothering to teach you a way to keep your shit together.

Both generally will take you time, but that's one of thr things vampires have in spades.
>>
File: Fairest.jpg (45KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
Fairest.jpg
45KB, 450x338px
>>52384329

Except Mage is no longer the strongest splat as of second edition. It's between Beast and upcoming Changeling 2e
>>
>>52386339
wat
>>
File: vampire kangz and shit.png (94KB, 510x271px) Image search: [Google]
vampire kangz and shit.png
94KB, 510x271px
>>52384069
Nothing compared to literal We Wuz Vampire Kangz
>>
File: Smiling_Jack_VTES.jpg (42KB, 386x542px) Image search: [Google]
Smiling_Jack_VTES.jpg
42KB, 386x542px
>>52386161
The thing about Jack is that he's an anarch. Or rather, he's THE Anarch. He's not babyeating monster but large part of his routine is about fucking shit up, violently. And he's old, not quite antediluvian old but roved seas with Blackbeard old leaving aside the theory that he actually is Blackbeard and you can only be around for so long before you get detached from individual human lives.

You know what's the one thing Tremere would like to dissect even more than a fledgling with Vicissitude?
>>
>>52386401
A Salubri with fully-developed Obeah powers?
>>
>>52386401
I was going to say they won't ever know because you can sort of hide your third eye by going to a Tzimisce pal to make it look like you're into the body modding scene, but then that sort of defeats the point of OP's question.
>>
>>52386433
Actually that's sort of interesting, who has more control over bodies, people with Obeah/Valeren (what the fuck does Valeren do again?) or people with Vicissitude? Can't Obeah just totally override everything and heal anyone from anything?
>>
>>52386339
One. Beasts suck.

Two. Changelings are just not a threat to any competent mage.

Three. You're bloody retarded.
>>
>>52386499
Well technically Vicissitude, since Obeah and Valeran are primarily spiritual abilities. You're healing with Obeah by the power of faith, of light. You're not really modifying or changing anything. Same with all the other variety of stuff it does. Valeran is it's opposite, combat and destruction. It's very much a duality thing, and was intended that way.

At final/plot device level, at least as it's suggested ability, is to bring people literally back from death.
>>
>>52386514
>Changelings are just not a threat to any competent mage

Uh huh, says who? The fae have access to fate magics mages would drool over and are far better than any single acanthus. Mages are only jack of trades, and masters of none. This is how they were made.
>>
>>52386599
> The fae have access to fate magics mages would drool over
What makes you think tale crafting isn't gone after what that commie did to pledges?
>>
>>52386599
>Mages are only jack of trades, and masters of none. This is how they were made.
Its really not. Have you even heard of 2e or anything the developers have ever said?
>>
>>52386448
Just because Tremere is your enemy doesn't mean Tzimisce would be your friend. Or that they would not want to use you for their own purposes.
As for not being found out, Tremere have the thing that let's them discover various information about Kindred by tasting their blood, as little as a single drop. High-end Auspex can probably find this out too, either by mind-probing or aura reading.

>>52386499
Obeah / Valeren can restore body and mind, they do that well, but they do little besides.
Vicissitude can twist body far beyond it's natural form, but isn't much use returning to it. And the only effect it has on my is via crude brain damage.
>>
>>52386599
>Mages are only jack of trades, master of all. Being better than the other splats at their own games.

Fix that for you.
>>
>>52386599
It's actually the exact opposite. At its core, the Fate Arcanum trumps most everything changelings do.
>>
>>52386614
>tale crafting
That was never even enviable. The above Changeling faggot is retarded anyway.
>>
>>52386743
I bet Hill ruins Entitlements and Tokens/Hedgecrafting too
>>
>>52386339

Mage v. Changelings (and werewolves) per DaveB)

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/1009776-how-do-changelings-and-mages-feel-about-each-other?p=1010107#post1010107

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/1009776-how-do-changelings-and-mages-feel-about-each-other?p=1010109#post1010109

"Acanthus are both terrifying and uniquely useful to changelings for the same reason they are so to Demons: With sufficient Fate magic, oaths, pacts and contracts become optional.

Need a friend who can no-sell an enemy changeling's contracts, or rewrite a soul pact's terms? Go get an Acanthus. But they can do it to you, too, so it's a last resort."
>>
>>52386193

Zak S. still wrote We Blood, that's definately something wrong.
>>
>>52386377
Whats wrong with Nos running Africa? pot/ani/ofu and their clan flaw means jack shit in a region without western technology
>>
File: 956756347265.png (12KB, 987x159px) Image search: [Google]
956756347265.png
12KB, 987x159px
>>
>>52386614
Tale crafting is literally a court contract now. in fact every court gets talecraft, emotion control(court emotion) and a freebie. Thats what Hill had in his preview docs.
>>
File: ZackS.png (57KB, 753x753px) Image search: [Google]
ZackS.png
57KB, 753x753px
Lol found Zack's shitty stand-in character
>>
>>52386975
>Contract of Talespinning
This is about the story your court uses to protect the freehold. Its nothing like Tale Crafting except in name.
>>
File: confuzzled.png (2KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
confuzzled.png
2KB, 782x543px
>>52386854
>>52386898

And this is considered balanced why? If Mages are the perfect counters against Changelings, why even attempt crossover at all? Why not just have Changelings ask a Mage to solve all their problems?
>>
>>52387076
Because they have different spheres of interest and only tangentially interact. You could try to have a mage solve all your problems, but he has his own to deal with and unless you have something to offer him why would he bother to help?
>>
>>52387076
It isn't balanced because the games weren't meant to be, and you aren't really supposed to attempt crossover but if you do the main thing about the CofD is that they run on the same engine not that they're balanced together.
>>
>>52386780
>I bet Hill ruins Entitlements and Tokens/Hedgecrafting too

Entlitlements and tokens were already ruined in 1st. The former were 90% unusable or shit and the later was fucking vague and didnt have a system to them.

However is David "Waifu" Hill, if someone cant ruin something, he can.
>>
>>52387029
>random nobody posing as 5th Gen
>whose Sire is still around
True Death would be mercy.
>>
>>52387117

I can't wait for the Crossover Chronicle to pretty much just be a whole book of fiction and game advice, and then watch the general tear itself apart when the only splat balance in it is "just don't be a dick".
>>
>>52387076
because not all mages have fate4/5. when fate is one area of specialization in a game of ten equally legit fields of magic. Don't buy into the perfectly rounded mage meme
>>
>>52387222
>"just don't be a dick"
>magefag proceeds to malfunction
>>
>>52387250
You don't need Fate to completely fuck over changelings though. It's hideously wrong to think otherwise.

Not a single Arcanum is uncommon by any means, by the way.
>>
>>52387138
Um that would be extremely transphobic of them
>>
>>52387222
I'm managing to play an OP character in a crossover game and yeah the only way it works is that I'm trying to not alienate my friends and be a jerk, but instead we harness the OP power for group goals.
>>
>>52387076
>why even attempt crossover at all?

You don't Mr. Autismo, that's the point.
They're not balanced against each other because they're not meant to be thrown together and told to play "The Super Friends".

Mage posters are annoying but they're not wrong when they say they btfo out of anything. (Although the existence of things with a high enough Arcana that they spend their time wanking over is theoretical only)
>>
>>52387260

I would hope that Magewankery is merely just shitposting to blow off steam from their real, challenging Mage games, since the kind of power level stuff discussed here would be pretty boring to play.

CofD just isn't fun without characters being fuck-ups once in a while.
>>
>>52386149
Auspex for the long distance, other mental disciplines to violate them more than talking.
>>
File: DaveB CofD Balance.jpg (63KB, 1173x311px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB CofD Balance.jpg
63KB, 1173x311px
>>52387250
>because not all mages have fate4/5.

The 20%+ of mages proficient in Fate have the ability to no sell anything Fae. Mages with proficiency in other Arcana might need to exert a modicum of effort to eradicate a changeling. The end result will be the same. The splats are, and have never been, designed to balance one another.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/1055378-mage-is-biting-us-in-the-ass-every-step-of-the-way?p=1055434#post1055434
>>
>>52387334

Just gotta drag those pesky mages through the hedge. Although doesn't a demon going loud give a mage a run for their money?
>>
>>52387377
I'm sure with Spirit 3 and Fate X you could just make a portal back to the real world.

Also why would any changeling go back to through the Hedge?
>>
>>52387334
>Although the existence of things with a high enough Arcana that they spend their time wanking over is theoretical only

That's exactly why Mage is the grandest of the lines. You can do absolutely anything.
>>
>>52387403

I wasn't following along with the whole conversation, just noted that in Changeling any mage that gets caught in the hedge loses their magic eventually because magic fae thorns. A changeling wouldn't want to go through but they would probably be willing to seek cover there.
>>
>>52387369
>20% is a large percentage
k
>>
>>52387319
>I'm 3000 years old and what is this?
>>
>>52387435
It is when a cabal is usually 5 people.
>>
>>52387435
Add all the other mages that have Fate as their third Ruling Arcanum, and the others that pursue it further for their own reasons.

Yeah, each Arcanum is relatively common.
>>
>>52387409
Kind of, one of the main draws for a lot of players is struggle and working around what they can't do.

At a certain point in Mage the answer to all problems can be broken down to "magic, job done". In Awakening this point comes much earlier because paradigms aren't a thing and paradox is a lot easier to avoid.
>>
>>52386339
You are entirely retarded.
Even putting aside Archmastery, Mages can fucking annihilate Beasts and Changelings in almost every respect.
>>
>>52387428
That was in first edition. This is no longer the case. Dave has also mentioned that mages proficient in Fate can force their way inside-and-out of the Hedge, and perhaps even Arcadia.
>>
>>52387428
>in Changeling any mage that gets caught in the hedge loses their magic eventually because magic fae thorns. A changeling wouldn't want to go through but they would probably be willing to seek cover there.

You really need to read Mage 2e and the drafts for Changeling 2e.
>>
>>52387483

Ah well good to know. I only tangentially follow WoD so I don't know all the ins-and-outs of the various editions.

>>52387489

Apparently I do. I only have NWoD books and Werewolf 2E.
>>
>>52387428
I did not know that was a thing. Could make for a cool story.
>>
File: Bill_Cipher.jpg (98KB, 768x922px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Cipher.jpg
98KB, 768x922px
How would you build him in the CoD? I'm don't know whether to make him a Horror or an Ephemeral Being.
>>
>>52387525
Probably some sort of chaos spirit.
>>
>>52387471
I can acknowledge this, at least until Archmastery is involved.
>>
>>52387344
>Mage...since the kind of power level stuff discussed here would be pretty boring to play

Mages' adversaries are generally far more powerful than those of other splats, including other mages, Abyssal anti-reality monstrosities, gods and the very embodiments of human oppression.
>>
>>52387563

Right, but I'm talking about Magewankery, where it's more about the theoretical shutting down of other splats than fighting the fun, scary stuff. That's the kind of play that sounds really boring.
>>
>>52387583

I believe the more recent mage supremacy discussions were largely in response to vampire (old and new) fans believing in the infallibility of their preferred splat and Hunters insistence they can readily kill or capture all the major splats and/or somehow be immune to the quiescence. Of course, the release of Imperial Mysteries didn't help the debates.
>>
Ars Magicka 4 lyf
>>
>>52387645

>the infallibility of their preferred splat

Yeah, see, that stuff's always boring, even if it's a "retalitation" against another kind of splat wankery. Vampirewankery, Magewankery, Hunterwankery, it's all the same.
>>
>>52387645
It's mostly Masquerade whores that believe in the infallibility of their beloved princes of the night.

They weren't used to the idea of something legitimately playable (Archmages) being able to curbstomp something that shouldn't be playable (Caine & the Antediluvians) and just how much further they could go than even that.
>>
>>52387645
All splats can be fun in their own right, it's just harmless rp bants that encourage discussion, this is a mongolian chinese checkers board after all
>>
The Crossover Chronicles, if it's released this century, will either be a masterpiece of setting and rules exposition or a DEFCON 1-level ttrpg disaster that will make WOD: Gypsies look like War and Peace.

I do not envy the developer of that book.
>>
>>52387829

Porthos, I miss that guy, totally fucked in the head and a walking WMD.
>>
>>52387829
>All splats can be fun in their own right

I draw the line at Beast.
>>
>>52387868
We all loved that guy. Just not when he accused you of stealing his favorite yogurt and proceeding to disintegrate you.

Ah yes, the midnight snack raids of Porthos. Legendary.
>>
More recent commentary from His Highness, DaveB, Lord of Reptiles and D10's, on inter-splat game balance.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50600092/#50617741

"I don't give two tugs of a dead dog's cock if mages are more powerful than Prometheans, though. The CofD had ideas about cross-game balance very early on in 1st ed (see 1e Mage Acceleration being a names-stripped copy of Celerity, despite that making no sense) and it was IMO a bad thing.
>>
>>52387897
>stealing his favorite yogurt and proceeding to disintegrate you.

I totally understand. Stealing a man's dairy snacks should be punishable by an instant and messy death.

>Low Wisdom Obrimos
>>
>>52387884
Fair point
>>
>>52387897
>Legendary

I think you mean legendairy.
>>
File: porthos.png (127KB, 345x337px) Image search: [Google]
porthos.png
127KB, 345x337px
>>52387829
>>52387868
>>52387897
>>52388014
>>
>>52388014

Has anyone read DaveB's short story, Premeditation, in the Beast fiction anthology?

Dave really needs to develop a Changing Breeds 2e so we can forget the original abomination.
>>
>>52388047
Ok, I will admit I chuckled a bit at this.
>>
>>52388047

That's not Porthos, that's Porthas, his lazy, good for nothing younger brother.

The only magic he's capable of is making Cheetos disappear.
>>
>>52388055
>Premeditation

It was a better Mage story, than Beast.
>>
>A prophecy whispers in the winds of Sybaris. Involuntary oracles of fear awaken, babbling what they see in sweat-soaked dreams: calculated sex, bloody birth, gold, gods, and empires undreamt of since Alexander cried out in his own death fever, in Babylon.

>They call Arisen home, to the Black Land: Egypt.

I kind of feel bad for the Arisen this chapter, everything looked so good for them for one moment before it exploded and crumbled to nothing like always.
>>
>>52388047
>>52388096
Damn magical neckbeards.

There's nothing worse.
>>
>>52387850

Developers, most likely. I imagine it'll be like Dark Eras where every active developer is on the team with one active coordinating developer.
>>
>>52388145
>one active coordinating developer.
>to solve all CofD mechanical and setting crossover issues

>herding cats
>impossible, thankless problem

>suicide guaranteed

>ghost will haunt RichT from the grave
>>
>>52388239
>>ghost will haunt RichT from the grave
He'll probably put Brucato on it.
>>
>>52388145

Who would be so foolish and masochistic to take the job of uber-coordinator for Crossover Chronicles?
>>
>>52388256
>>52388251
Brucato is having trouble paying his rent...
>>
>>52388251
>He'll probably put Brucato on it.

While the early death of Brucato would be great for the M20 line (and a public service), he sadly is only involved in old WOD.

My best guess is the coordinator/developer will be Rose. She's an actual full-time OPP employee and it's basically already her job now. Nevertheless, after the likely impeding Crossover Chronicles trainwreck, her popularity will implode.

MattMc, however, will be very pleased. It will take some of the heat off him and his Beast disaster.

I just hope it's not DaveB. I don't think even he could pull this off, and the unmet expectations would be tragic.
>>
Why are mages always portrayed with goofy pointy hats, and how can the Wise fight against this horrible stereotyping.

Obrimos have the best fashion sense
>>
>>52388370
Pointed hats are a myth, but the flowing robes are real.
>>
>>52388239

>to solve all CofD mechanical and setting crossover issues

It'll just be "don't be a dick" and they'll call it a day. The only mechanics in the book'll probably just be crossover related powers.

>>52388256

Considering that it'd just be "hey, here's an outline, you devs work out what you need to do for your lines and chat with each other and the freelancers I'll hire to do the actual writing", it'll probably be Rose since she's essentially doing that already as the head of the CofD line.

Ya'll seem to think it'll be some hefty undertaking and a fool's errand when it'll just be a book full of fan service, plot hooks, and game advice.
>>
File: Alan Moore.jpg (146KB, 660x758px) Image search: [Google]
Alan Moore.jpg
146KB, 660x758px
>>52388370
>stereotypes

Hats are silly, but the cliché old bearded man can still look awesome in modern times. Just look at Alan Moore, real life wizard.
>>
File: Trump-Seer.jpg (90KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
Trump-Seer.jpg
90KB, 1100x619px
>>52388488

The Seers of the Throne don't need beards, robes or funny hats.
>>
>>52388532

>stupid Sleepers are so gullible
>>
>>52388532
Oh fuck. How would you even stat him as a mage?
>>
>>52388573
Using that forces/mind spell from 1e False Speech because everyone hears different things every time he talks.
>>
>>52388604
>establishment owned media lies about him
>"people hear different things"
>>
>>52388573
>How would you even stat him as a mage?

Beings that powerful don't need stats. Anything less than an archmage doesn't stand a chance.

However, I, for one, will welcome my new orange overlord, and the ample bounty he will bestow on his fellow Seers.
>>
>>52388646
Works out the same either way.
>>
>>52388532

In oWOD, Trump is definitely an Archscientist of either the Syndicate or NWO.
>>
>Mage supremacy
Can we just change the tread name to Mage general already. It's the only things that's discussed
>>
>>52388684
He's orange because of paradox!
>>
File: the face of god.jpg (30KB, 425x229px) Image search: [Google]
the face of god.jpg
30KB, 425x229px
You guys are fucking retarded.

Trump is clearly an Ochemata sent down by the Exarchs to reaffirm their tyranny. How is this not obvious?
>>
>>52388532
>>52388649
>I, for one, will welcome my new orange overlord

Of course, he will make the CofD great again.

His first order of business should be the eradication of vampires, err..., I mean the undocumented undead.
>>
>>52388716
>vampires ... undocumented undead

FTW
>>
>>52382549
>MFW

>>52385762
This guy. This guy right here.

>>52385834
The Nossie is toast. Either his own people are gonna think he betrayed them and fuck him up or the Old Clan is gonna show up and toast him so he doesn't spread the disease to anyone else. Some metamorphosists might want to keep him alive, but that will probably be worse.

>>52385517
>>52385836
>>52385331

You could also be a revenant who was embraced by another clan and keep your pre embrace discipline. There's a group of revenants who obsessively fixate on chasing greater and greater dopamine highs and get vicissitude.
>>
>>52382881
I played an embraced Obertus with several medical degrees who was collecting blood samples of different races in an expanded WOD game, in order to compare them. I ran a lot of tests when we discovered a rare blood disease on whoever I could kidnap. I based my character design on Molly from Sherlock. Good times.

>>52383181
I've always thought that there are probably some normal looking Tzimisce who have Vicissitude but mostly use it to fuck other people up and avoid getting recognized when they don't want to be.

You look normal, but all your ghouls are abominations because they just WON'T keep the haven in a proper condition.
>>
>>52388883
Sounds pretty stupid
>>
>>52385961
They are a really cool idea, but really difficult to implement. What they really wanted was a way to talk about how some characters don't have anything resembling a human mind, and don't want to, which I love.

>>52385963
Anyone tries to play a daughter at your table, just throat punch them now, it will save time.

>>52386144
I just realized this is someone's magical realm and not just an annoying mary sue power.

>>52386377
Every clanbook is like this, isn't it? Except Giovanni.
>>
>>52389022
The rest of the party turned out to be fucking decepticons, so I didn't try that hard.
>>
>>52388808
>The Nossie is toast...
Not necessarily, certainly his life expectancy has dropped quite a bit but the Antitribu of the Nos and their Cammy counterparts probably have some of the better relationships (mostly because even the cammy Nos believe in the Niktuku).
>>
File: The Trump Danse Macabre.png (938KB, 736x1199px) Image search: [Google]
The Trump Danse Macabre.png
938KB, 736x1199px
>>52386659
Wasn't implying that. Obviously a friend who isn't in good standing with the Fiends themselves. There's something nice about being outcasts together. Until they rat you out, anyways.

And I'm aware Tremere do blood testing, what's funny is that even WITH that, plenty of Bloodlines can fake Tremere ancestry - Tzimisce for example because Tremere blood isn't purely Salubri, it's also part Tzimisce, thanks to the Mages first magic potions that made them vampires in the first place. Also, thanks to them hijacking Salubri, all kinds of bloodlines, like Baali, can actually pass Tremere blood tests. For them, especially Salubri or Baali, the person doing the tests needs decently high level Auspex to catch even a low level faker.

>>52387029
Besides the fact this reads like cancer, why is crossdressing considered being gay anyways? I mean, especially for SJWs, shouldn't they understand it's extremely regressive to assume that? /d/ would have a word with him.

>>52387138
Yes, but think of the fun of watching this faggot twist themselves into insanity before breaking one day in front of everybody. I'd buy tickets to watch what the Sabbat have planned for them.

>>52388532
So what would he be as a Vampire? Stat him lads - hard mode, don't say he's Ventrue. Even harder mode, don't say he's Lasombra either.
>>
>>52389362
>So what would he be as a Vampire?

Probably a Brujah embraced in the roaring 20's. He's got the Charisma and despite the "tiny hands" meme the dudes got a solid frame.
>>
>>52389362
>>52389450
Brujah or Malkavian, depending on if you wanna make jokes or not
He's proven nothing if not that he has poor self-control, and he's dedicated to a cause, so he'd make a good Brujah
On the same grounds, though, he'd make a good Malk, and he's been known to make some pretty erroneous claims with absolute confidence
>>
>>52389585
I always felt his ridiculous claims were for free media coverage. The quintessential "any press is good press" kind of deal.
>>
>>52389605
>"any press is good press" kind of deal

Well, he did win the election.

>Crazy like an orange fox
>leader of the free world.
>kneel before zod
>>
>>52389627
>Well, he did win the election.

No doubt The Unity will reward Tetrarch Trump well for his loyal service.
>>
So any word if WW is bringing back VTES anytime soon?
>>
>>52388710
>>52389362
>>52389627
>>52389684
Trump is obviously either an extremely powerful Time mage or temporal scientist desu
>>
>>52389939
Holy shit. Whoever made that image cap that is a vn fan and a god tier troll
>>
>>52389939
He's a mage that utilizes the 10th sphere. Memes
>>
File: walkergrimes.jpg (82KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
walkergrimes.jpg
82KB, 360x500px
>>52389692
There's a limited anthology set being given to attendees of WoD Berlin convention/EC this year. It's the first printed set in a while so that's kind of cool I guess, even though I don't live in Europe.

Also WW is also starting a kickstarter for a completely new, but IMO pretty retarded looking, casual style/Munchkin-like card game with a VtM theme.
>>
File: 1485924298489.png (731KB, 750x744px) Image search: [Google]
1485924298489.png
731KB, 750x744px
>>52389998

>implying trump can use the bog sphere
>>
>>52390002
Blech no thanks on that KS. I'll stick to printing out decks on Amaranth for now.
>>
File: FakirMusafar.jpg (20KB, 266x448px) Image search: [Google]
FakirMusafar.jpg
20KB, 266x448px
>>52382415

I dunno, I always imagined them like something out of RE/Search magazine but tbph I've never actually played one.
>>
File: 053 - 8zOiRPj.png (71KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
053 - 8zOiRPj.png
71KB, 800x600px
The family loyalty, capital wealth, building things, and 'Ivanka is hawt' makes me think of Giovanni. Not of course saying that being proud of how beautiful your daughter is wrong, it's just it adds to fun speculation. And maybe his mother's side is a Dunsirn offshoot, and his father is an offshoot from the German family.

Another factor is how no matter how far he's made it, he and his dad were very much thought of as 'New Money', and of course the old city patriarchs and Old Families would never give any respect. Which of course is fuel for even more self-empowerment and determination, which also converges with Giovanni - even though they have an active Antediluvian, and are a very old, rich family, it's still not enough, and they're treated as such in vampire society. He's also feared and disliked very much by the Old World, just as European Giovannis almost fear their American kin like the Milliners, who manage to do so much and are rewarded with jack shit from the Family. He's feared by the present establishment of his own party, just like relations with their successful lesser families.

In general, his ideology is very rested on yearning from seeing the glory that had been, the greater glory than can still come, if you believe and work toward it. It's also a Giovanni belief, in a twisted way, combined with the ideals of freedom.

So I'd say very nearly a Clan Giovanni almost-traitor about to go Anarch. 4D chess is going to pull off the greatest eruption in Vampire society since the Second Anarch Revolution.

Let's say his love of gold in his buildings just happens to disrupt the ley lines that Kuejin tap for chi. Elder Donald has always had a long eye on the Kuejin menace, even when other Camarilla and Sabbat elders found it easier to just do deals with them, get rich off their purely temporary status. Elder Donald saw what they were doing - building Kuejin wealth, power until it would be too late for the foolish and short sighted "elders" who sold us all out
>>
>Trump
sleeper agent from Russian Seer Oligarchy, here to play interference in the idea of egalitarian society. At the same time deranging the material components of the Seers' vamperic contestants in Europe. After a conjoint effort undermining Dems in the latest election cycle, the Rus Seers have pointed their clown prince at the majority party, further disrupting the governmental machine. This forces the majority party to either cave politically or pay resources to maintain control of the governmental bodies. Intell agencies are dismayed, and hammered in.

He is the poison chalice.
>>
>>52389585
>Malkavian
Easy mode, just about anybody can be Malkavian. Any outsider achieving power by the same disruptive antics that made them underestimated by established powers at all.
>>
>>52390208

That's more Alex Jones and Infowars than Seers of the Throne.
>>
>>52390208
>>52388710
Bernie Mummycucks need to stop being faggots grasping at straws and realize that their central power sold them out to Pentex.
>>
>>52390239
>Pentex

Don't try steering us in the wrong direction. We all know that the Union is at fault here.
>>
Trump is a plain vanilla human, not a supernatural or pawn.

Humanity are the real monsters.
>>
>>52390293
>Implying the Seers would let someone that important go about his business uncontrolled
>>
>>52390293
This
>>
>>52390038
Is this first for Bogdanoff Supremacy
>>
>>52390229
And him being a time traveling wizard is anymore possible? Are Seers too good for disinformation campaigns?

>>52390264
>Technocracy
Don't be a fool. Trump campaigned on exaggerated claims boarding on outright lies. or have we forgotten Alternative Facts? He used the powerful rhetoric rather than policy to push him forward. and Promised the moon and back to anyone in front of him. He was the outsider

Clinton was the time table politician. stable, in the establishment, connection to the wealthy. Trump was the alternative reality candidate, that backfired hard in everyone faces.

Clinton was the Tech's chose and missed the huge issue.
>>
File: 1267467190724s.jpg (13KB, 238x251px) Image search: [Google]
1267467190724s.jpg
13KB, 238x251px
>>52390293
>>52390311
>>
File: icanthus.jpg (244KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
icanthus.jpg
244KB, 768x1024px
>>52386514
>>52386614
>>52386635
>>52386719
>>52386743
>>52386854
>>
>>52390319

>archmages bow to the bogdanoffs
>>
>>52390339
This guy gets it
>>
>>52390484
The Bogdanoffs are themselves archmages of the Bogspheres
>>
File: Obrimos.jpg (96KB, 540x587px) Image search: [Google]
Obrimos.jpg
96KB, 540x587px
>>52390446
The Obrimos one is my favorite.
>>
File: shatteringcrescendo.jpg (78KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
shatteringcrescendo.jpg
78KB, 360x500px
>>52389089
Melponimee is pretty OP in VtES
>>
>>52388684

Thats not how you spell "Marauder."
>>
>>52385780
There's a guy names chris who develops for werewolf and used to come around here. he's rather well liked and easier to talk to
>>
>>52388118
If that wasn't the song of every single great force in the world of darkness, it truly would be a sad happenstance
>>
>>52390529
Post the rest.
>>
File: Faction-Technocracy.png (30KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
Faction-Technocracy.png
30KB, 500x464px
>>52385472
Hey now; Scientist: The Enlightenment is a great game about killing dissidents and making the world a better place!
>>
>>52390969
Fuck off technofaggot
>>
>>52390975

>muh fireballs
>>
>>52390975
>"It's not like I want you to brutally oppress my opinions or anything, s-tupid Technocrat!"
>>
File: so tsundere.gif (150KB, 500x396px) Image search: [Google]
so tsundere.gif
150KB, 500x396px
>>52390984
S-stop!
>>
>>52390988
>Technocrat waifu archetypes
>Deredere Progenitor Genegineer
>Yandere NWO Operative
>Kuudere Iterator BioMechanic
>Himedere Ivory Tower NWO
>Tsundere Void Engineer Border Corps Division
>>
>>52390969
Technocracy does rhyme with supremacy.
Coincidence? I think not!
>>
>>52391040
Technocratic Mind/Correspondence social engineering to create an association between victory and technology in the minds of sleepers.
>>
>>52386401
Jack is cool as fuck. Ever since Bloodlines he's been the only NPC I give a fuck about.
>>
>>52391056
Peace through power! You can't kill the mess...Union
>>
>>52391072
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est! Long live Reason! Long live the Union! Long live Control!

Now that I'm done unionshitposting, I should probably get to posting homebrew.
>>
Whats a good 3rd ruling Arcana for an Acanthus Legacy who uses Astrology to divine and change destiny?
>>
>>52391136
Space or Forces to gaze at the starry firmament above.
>>
>>52385220
Yeah, that rumour is spread by PtH fags in hope to attract more players. No one is falling for that.

>>52385780
Chris Allen is great too. I dunno about Rose any more, since Cavaliers of Mars she apparently doesn't put much effort in CofD.

>>52387884
Seconded.
>>
>>52391136
Forces.
In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!
>>
>>52391136
Prime truth in the stars
>>
>>52391330
Chris Allen seems like a nice guy but what did he wrote outside of WtF
>>
Has anyone here ever ran a Vampire game focused on the whole personal horror/becoming a monster thing rather than on political power struggles or being a superhero with fangs?
How did it go?
>>
>>52391583
I do not focus on this but I tend to use other vampires to creep my players out with how they act and what their powers are. In general two of them are scared shitless and third one can't wait to get his hands on niftier powers -_-
>>
>>52391370
Isn't WtF enough? As far as I can see having track record of success and zero failures is pretty good. His actual play isn't bad either so for me it is all right.
>>
>>52391677
I know but I would like to see more competent writers in other game lines
>>
Holy shit I've just checked that Dave B is also responsible for Demon the Descent.

Truly a God among Man
>>
>>52391731
He's written for every single line except Hunter.
>>
>>52391370
>Chris Allen seems like a nice guy but what did he wrote outside of WtF

I believe he's also written for Mage.

He's also personal friends with DaveB and was part of his group in the Mage actual plays. I believe his character was Samiel.
>>
>>52391736
>DaveB's written for every single line except Hunter.

That is both a commentary on Dave's CofD greatness and Hunter's crappiness.
>>
>>52391787
Is it thou? IMHO Hunter isn't bad game
>>
>>52391794

One of Hunter's biggest problems is that it is seemingly a crossover game in that you hunt supernaturals. However, actual splat supernaturals will eradicate Hunters with ease, and the game implicitly requires use of its own monster creation system.

I don't know how Hunter 2e will really reconcile actual human hunters and inter-game compatibility (note I did not say "balance").
>>
WW just announced the German translation of M20.

Great, now we can get pretentious culinary advice from Phil in multiple languages.

Yay.
>>
>>52391826
I hear you. I did build number of slashers and hunters using Vigil to pit against my VtR players. I gave up after one of those got beaten to death with a chair....despite having a gun...and the vampire being tied.....and poisoned
>>
>>52391850
Everything sounds more orderly in german so maybe it will be an improvement
>>
>>52391872

So, how do you say "Brucato is a pretentious douche" in German?
>>
>>52392062
Im Vergleich zu Brucato hat Hitler nichts falsch gemacht.
>>
>>52391826

I have found the monsters generation system works for mage too. To give a sense of Mystery for player who know the other splats
>>
File: 1456202708_advent keks.jpg (41KB, 357x380px) Image search: [Google]
1456202708_advent keks.jpg
41KB, 357x380px
>>52392234
>in comparison to Brucato, Hitler did nothing wrong
>mfw
>>
>>52391583

Not really, i believe that you cant force personal horror/woe is me a monster i become to players. It has to come from them or dont appear.
>>
File: sylwia sad.jpg (112KB, 800x890px) Image search: [Google]
sylwia sad.jpg
112KB, 800x890px
>>52390187
If I start seeing skelingtons around the White House

>>52391070
Yeah he's cool as fuck, and has some thought towards others, but he's not exactly a stellar guy. You don't even have to read up his official stats of his Humanity being low (especially for a non-Sabbat) to get the idea he's got some issues. If comparing regular humans to cattle isn't enough, he even tries to dissuade you when you try to ask how things impact them. While clearly he has visions of freedom and justice, and yes it has been centuries, but still.

>>52391583
I'd suggest basically breaking your players over time. Forget horror, inject them steady tragedy and death until their PCs wish they had just died the night they were reborn.
>>
File: tumblr_oassq80hd21s4493xo1_250.png (62KB, 242x303px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oassq80hd21s4493xo1_250.png
62KB, 242x303px
Planning on playing a Nosferatu with Rugged Bad Looks who used to be a private detective, slight bit more on the ass-kicking side. Planning to watch a bit of Miami Vice to get a feel for him, anyone else got any ideas for inspiration?
>>
>>52391850
What? But we'll never get Awakening 2nd Ed here? What is this shit?
>>
>>52394682
There's a comic book series from a few years ago about a private investigator with a fucked up face from some bone disease. Stoic, good guy. It's called The Creep. Frank Miller drew one of the covers.
>>
>>52391787
Hunter is fun as fuck. Use the damn monster maker instead of opening another splat book you fucking autists.
>>
>>52394987

White Wolf is the final say on which of their IP does and does not get translated. White Wolf will always choose material based on World of Darkness to put over as opposed to Chronicles of Darkness, because that's the one that they want to use to promote 5e and One World of Darkness.

Any translated CofD material will either have to be from international companies who want that material specifically, or from fan translations.
>>
>>52385113
Pretty unimportant writer. Hasn't even worked on Hunter.
>>
>>52394987
They will only translate Changeing Breeds and Beast
>>
File: Trump's stand.jpg (1MB, 2298x2447px) Image search: [Google]
Trump's stand.jpg
1MB, 2298x2447px
>>52388532
>Implying the God-Emperor isn't a Silver Ladder
MAKE ATLANTIS GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>52395598
>We will build the wall and make exarchs pay for it
>>
>>52395620
When the Abyss sends its entities, they're not sending their best. They're sending entities that have lots of paradox.
>>
>>52395691
Is Trump Ochemata of Gate?
>>
>>52395620
>>We will build the wall and make exarchs pay for it

We will build a ladder, it will be magnificent, and reality will pay for it.

FIFY
>>
>>52395260
I know, I know, and the German market is possibly not profitable enough. Doesn't change that I'm disappointed.

>>52395484
Bestie: Die Urtümlichen? The name alone doesn't lend itself to easy translations, and that's for the best.
>>
>>52397902
>Bestie

I'm sorry, Beast, I don't think we're really that close. You need to clean up, get off the Dark Mother cultist nonsense or at least consider some other points of view, maybe get a nice safe and sustainable addiction like heroine or vitae rather than torture and fear.

You just have to get your shit together.
>>
>>52398118
You are not my (dark) mother. I'm going to that Consilium thing and I'm sure everyone there will like me.
>>
>>52398205
>and I'm sure everyone there will like me.

>Laughing_mastigos.jpg

But for real though, what would someone who views the world through the gnosis of a Mastigos see when they turn their arcane senses onto a Beast? It can't be very pleasant.
>>
>>52385780
Rose Bailey wrote the setting bible for "Demon: the Descent" and is involved in upcoming "1000 Years of Night" for Vampire. She's on the same tier as Dave Brookshaw, but has less of an online presence. Chris Allen shares that spot with them, but graces the common folk with his presence much more often.
>>
>>52398378
Allen gets bonus points for his humility as well, as he refuses to rise and de-throne the pretender-king of the Forsaken game line.
>>
>>52398378
We will see how good 1000 years is but she sure earned points for me for involvement in Demon
>>
>>52387525
Acamoth rated TV-Y7.
>>
>>52398410
>throne the pretender-king of the Forsaken game line.

Who?
>>
>>52398519
Stew Wilson, who rules Forsaken from far, in the lands of Apocalypse.
>>
>>52398645
>>
>>52398416
>We will see how good 1000 years is but she sure earned points for me for involvement in Demon

However, Secrets of the Covenants, developed under her leadership, and only transferred to the Requiem developer because of the delays, was a piece of fluffy crap.

The few spoilers for ATYON, and its focus on flashbacks, rather than crunch, also leave me pessimistic.
>>
>>52398378
>she
>>
>>52399492
wut?
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.