[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explaining Unusual Concepts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 1450214638489.jpg (270KB, 996x2372px) Image search: [Google]
1450214638489.jpg
270KB, 996x2372px
Greetings /tg/,
I come to you with an odd request.
I'm exhausted and need to stay awake for the next couple of hours without entertainment and I would like something to occupy my mind.
I would like a concept to mull over in my brain that doesn't require any research or anything.
I like to think that I do well with unusual concepts that need explaining or justification in fantasy settings, but I'm open to anything.

I promise to deliver a typed up reply after I've slept, even if this thread dies.

I've delivered before with varying levels of results.

Party on.
>>
Damn it.
>>
Nothing?
>>
well it's a wordbuilding question.
Think of how it would affect trade if the sea was unsailable without a wizard and you have an island complex
>>
File: fighting horses.jpg (281KB, 1000x684px) Image search: [Google]
fighting horses.jpg
281KB, 1000x684px
How can a sapient species exist that use a typical herd dynamic in groups ie a single male has breeding rights to a large number of females until he gets deposed by another male.

You can choose whatever level of technological advancement you want but a timeline of how their group dynamic works across multiple technological/societal advances would be interesting
>>
File: sleepwonfeature.png.jpg (26KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sleepwonfeature.png.jpg
26KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: Pokemon Serperior Flygon Nom.gif (3MB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Serperior Flygon Nom.gif
3MB, 400x450px
>>52375755
Concept: why, in-setting, do Pokemon only KO at worst? It seems to affect humans as well as Pokemon (Team Rocket never dies from the effects of a Pokemon attack, despite being thrown high into the air and crashing down hard). On the other hand, humans seem to be able to kill Pokemon, considering there've been several references to dishes made of Pokemon in both anime and games.

>>52377343
Adding onto that: think about what might have to be true about a world where the sea is unsailable without a wizard.
>Is it because of forces of nature, hostile creatures, the technology used, or legislation?
>>Forces of nature: does this make wizards who specialize in fire- and earth-based magic less valuable, as they can't help as much to quell storms and waves?
>>Hostile creatures: could a particularly skilled non-wizard also defend a ship? If so, perhaps there might be legends or a legendary warrior who possessed enough skill and power to do so reliably. If not, that leads into stuff like "why are sea monsters more likely to be immune to non-magic attacks?"
>>Technology available: is it like a magic-powered ship, that just keeps a wizard along for maintenance? Are they the power supply? Maybe there are no strong enough winds or currents, requiring a wizard or a lot more brute manpower to generate propulsion.
>>Legislation: why would such a restriction be put into place (we need to lower wizarding unemployment)? Is it an archaic yet persistent law from centuries ago, now accepted as culture?
>Does this apply only to large bodies of water?
>>Can a town across a lake from another town paddle across without magical aid, or is the more reliable route to walk around?
>>Do bridges work? Do they need to be enchanted?
>>
>>52378578
The manga has Pokemon killing the shit out of each other. Koga's Arbok getting sliced in half early on sets the tone that this shit can be lethal. Also why Lavender Town is full of pokecorpses and graves.

If you wanted to make some weird noodly reason for it based on the anime, I'd just say because they're digital and can't really die. Humans can kill pokemon because they turn off the safeties I guess and eat... digital meats.
>>
>>52378578
Wild and raging forces of nature+ hostile dangerous creatures
There is no magitech
There are also many dangerous ghosts of those slain at sea cause the god of said archipelagos is also the god of lost souls and of the vainly lost( in relatively coastal towns it's used to give the unwanted bodies to the ocean)
>>
>>52378616
>I'd just say because they're digital and can't really die.
This was my first thought too.
>>
>>52378908
>Wild and raging forces of nature+ hostile dangerous creatures
This is what I figured.
>>
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.