/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best/Worst Player Names you've encountered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 34

decided to list the names ive encounted GMing in the past few years, mostly Adnd and 4e

>Aryan the White Knight (kid was like 16)
>Balb
>Count Knight Sir Robert (guys name was robert)
>Lord Fraghtin, Son of Jorn Fraghtin, Once-Hand of the Northen King Olav (literally printed a custom sheet for to fit it and insisted the full title be named when referring to him, i told him to fuck himself about it)
>Lord British (fucking original)
>Hansel
>>
>>52374050
>Demetoir the Demoncaster (literally was a standard boring fighter and player was edglord)
>Deeque (surprisingly wasn't black)
>Cancer
>Pennydull the Quick
>Sir Lancer (dickjoke)
>Hardfield the Catman
>Kailesion
>Harold of Grayden, Son of Lord Jon Grayden (probably the most down to earth to lengthy ratio. i like the names epic and long like dark souls bosses)
>Bandolf The Grey (guy left after 1 session)

If i remember anymore I haven't greentexted I'll post
>>
File: 1473900991067.png (2MB, 1500x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1473900991067.png
2MB, 1500x1050px
also
>Barnaby (all time best)
>>
File: 1476386373344.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1476386373344.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
_______ the _____ is overused trope
>>
Arg.
>>
Strictly speaking, this is not /tg/.
I wish I had a pic of this lovely creation, but at the time I was equally embarrassed and ashamed to have done it.
I created a bulbous Mon Calamari with soft pink colored skin with blue, veins of mottling and named him: Scrotal Testicus.
The visual kind of sold it.

Indeed it was my Best/Worst Character Name
>>
>>52374086
I much prefer _____ of _____
>>
>>52374050
I actually know a guy named Aryan.

He's Persian though and it's pronounced Arri-yahn
>>
the Night Wight, formerly known as White Knight
>>
>>52374050
No one can beat Jeremiah motherfucking Kingfisher, the fey corgi with a british accent and a disdain for unopened/broken bottles

Shame he died in something like the third session. He'd earned the title "motherfucking" by that point, and he's remembered fondly.
>>
>>52374394

I used to work with a this 5'0" blonde haired blue eyed girl who was actually named Arian. Sweet girl, her parents had no idea.
>>
>>52374050
>Baron Big Unit
>Balthazar the Tuneful
>Knight
>Baruurak
>Drayeloth the Indifferent
>Url
>>
>>52374050
>Grand Elf the Gay
>>
Melf
>>
Rate my naming sense. These are most of my played characters so far:

>Tarin In-Exile, elf thief
>Pharoth, human necromancer that defected from a tyrannical mage empire
>Arael Talassen, half-elf enchanter
>Mrogar Silverstream, dwarven cleric
>Cailean Dellarn, human ranger and minor noble
>Aurefin Ricantar, elf witch(er) and seer
>Eleonora, human druid
>>
One of my players is the guy who names all his characters after whatever catches his attention on the character sheet (Usually race/class) and jus flips them.
"Emong Cirelc" the Gnome Cleric.
>>
>>52374611
conventionally made-up fantasy names. entirely acceptable, i approve.
>>
>>52374394
Yeah you know, the normal way to pronounce words is the letters they're written with, except for Anglophones and the French.
>>
>>52374622
Being fair, that's a pretty decent name for a gnome.
>>
>>52374622
Elf Wizard
>Lewd Friza
Dwarven Fighter
>Fag Vented Whirr
Gnome Mage
>Engage Mom
>>
>>52374853
Human Cleric
>Malice Churn

Fucking metal.
>>
>be named Eric
>make a Cleric
>name him Eric also
>>
all from the same player
>Hagrid, the child snatcher
>Tesco Lasagna (character was a talking horse)
>Guard
>Cave
>Citizen Bob
>Franku
>*named after his high school geography teacher*
>Rolf, son of a Shepard
>Sokka Mei-Wang
>The Wall
>>
I once decided (against my better judgement) to teach a bunch of 13 year olds how to play D&D, their character were called
>Goku (human fighter)
>Gaben, the lord (dwarf monk)
>Death, the kid (human Barbarian)
>>
I used to play with a guy who named all his characters as variations on the word "Dude"

>Igor Dudovsky, russian spy
>El Dude, a knight vaguely reminiscent of El Cid
>Dudolas, an archer (not an elf)

And so on and so forth.
>>
>>52374907
Could be worse.
>>
>>52374050
Fuck you, Balb is great. I'm stealing that one
>>
Think the best one I've done is "idon tavewan", the half elf rogue.
I was kinda put on the spot, was the first thing i thought of.
>>
File: fuck.png (234KB, 409x370px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
234KB, 409x370px
If I make a bard named brad for my first character interaction in a new group what kind of reception will I get?
>>
>>52374895
THAT'S THE WALL, BROTHER!
>>
>Artyom Nikolai Grigoriy Yankovic Yarick Kalashnikov

He's from a underground human network of citys
>>
>EZROLLS EZLIFE
>>
>>52374050
>Worst Names
Oda Tokugawa
Richard (because his character was rich)
Munroe Steiner (for a campaign set in fantasy!India)
Akage (in a game where we actually had a character named Akage, because he had red hair, but this newer character didn't have red hair)
Every other name in our fantasy!Poland campaign
>>
God tier
Lore appropriate thematic name which fits perfectly within the setting, is consistent with a character's backstory and includes a minor, subtle pun on one or more of the character's traits/specialization that elicits a sensible chuckle upon first hearing it, yet is not distracting

High tier
Lore appropriate thematic name

Medium tier
A normal IRL 21st century (your country) name that is not the player's own name, a less subtle yet non thematic pun name

Low effort tier
using your own name or online handle as your character's name

Superlow tier
using the name of a character, or a spin on a name of a character from fantasy that is kind of related (ie Ryolas, Gregdalf, Donbledorf, ect)

Superultralow tier (I refuse to let players use names from this tier or lower)
using the name of a character from fantasy that isn't even tangentially related to the setting you're playing in and breaks immersion (ie Batman)

get the fuck out of my game tier
typical edgy teenage chuuni garbage, Japanese names in European fantasy settings
>>
File: Mecha Dildo!.png (35KB, 1340x307px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha Dildo!.png
35KB, 1340x307px
>>52374050

To be fair, this isn't my group, I saw the story on /tg/ a while back.
>>
Rate my name game with the last three characters I played:

>Julian Farnsworth III - Human Gentleman Thief with more charisma than brains and more money than sense.

>Liao Mei, the Fox of Khitai - Human horse nomad in a game set in the world of Robert E. Howard.

Hubert Barnswith Egdwin Fonkbow Garrik Rosebottom of Everglade-on-the-Sea - Gnomish wizard-scientist from a region based on Saxon Britain.
>>
>>52378926
Hopefully my ability to invent names is better than my ability to greentext. The fail is real.
>>
>>52374050
Montague Chef, a megalomaniac wizard.
Lilliputhammer, a Norwegian midget mafioso
Job Wett, a contract killer
Tuborg Heineken, an inquisitor
Shakespear, a tribesman hunter
>>
>>52374050
Brad the Destroyer. Backstory to match. To this day, I know it was a a safer bet not to take him, but always wonder, what could have been?
>>
File: 1484010813451.jpg (4MB, 3317x4976px) Image search: [Google]
1484010813451.jpg
4MB, 3317x4976px
Sveten of House Palmsow

Sveten
Steven

my namie is steven
>>
I play a shirtless Dwarf named Bicep Hardbeard
I'm the only one who thought it was funny but idc
>>
My worst name was Dildo Faggins but in my defence I was 14.

>>52374895
>>Tesco Lasagna (character was a talking horse)
Inspired.
>>
I once had a player use Garfunkle Simonson, druid extraordinaire. It didn't really fit the setting or tone, but I said fuck it and just had NPCs react incredulously from time to time.
>>
Fig H Ter
>>
I usually just swap the first letter of the first andnlast name of the DM. Herric Darty, Witch Minburn, Lric Eegette, and Sat Cellers are ones I've used.
>>
>>52374050
One of the PCs I'm GMing for

>Niz
>pronounced Nize
>short for no-eyes

He's blind
>>
Grotti Mir - dwarf barbarian, patriarch of the storied Mir clan of dwarfs.
Elan Iberius Fabool - human wild magic sorcerer- astronomer and vizier to the late sultan.
Brother Godwyk Niraj - Dwarf cleric of Arcana who had the misfortune of being on guard duty when someone torched his library and is on the shitshow quest to recover/replace the missing tomes just to get him out of the guild.
>>
Some I've personally used:

Sir Worthington. Low fantasy, was an idiot, ugly midget. Wasn't a knight, his name was just Sir.

Nicholas Ashleigh. Space opera sci-fi campaign. Was an excellent leader and diplomat, utter shit at everything else.

Inquisitor 017. same setting as above, was a gene-splicing experiment to create powerful psionic soldiers by a broad spacefaring militaristic civilization. Was only pretty good at telepathy, not great, because he was a prototype.

My players have used:

Alias, same setting as Nicholas Ashleigh. Very powerful teleporter/telekinetic psion, was named by Ashleigh because he never hid the fact that he never used his real name.

Joe Nerrik. Same as above. Needed a generic everyman name, we came up with that. He was a master martial artist government agent. We hired him as the cook.
>>
>>52381285
In my latest long running campaign I wound up referring to the party more by titles than by names, because I am terrible at names.

There was:

Tryndalore, better known as the Prince. Exiled prince, eventually lead an assassination attempt and coup, with army of demons.

Rabadan, The Hedge Wizard. Later the Lich. Was a hedge wizard, died in the second session to a lowest class demon, sold his soul to a middle manager imp to come back to life. Eventually learned the ritual to Lichdom, became the second lich in the entire setting, started turning everyone who wanted into psuedo-liches. Fed their souls to his master, Grinnok.

Darius, the Soldier. A battlemage turned bureaucrat, wound up sacrificing himself at a key point to allow the coup, was loyal to the Prince.

D-something. Used his name the least. The Bandit King/The Dragon. Was a normal bandit, at the very start of the campaign through single combat and sheer force of charisma took control of a bandit stronghold, converted it into a private military, kept the name of Bandit Camp. Later fused himself with a dragon via a deal with a demon king, to become the first and only half dragon in the setting.

Spider. A giant tarantula from a race of Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Spiders. Was one of the scariest combatants, was giving a suit of special made chainmail, became indomitable tank. Spoke with a high pitched voice, thought most people were cute. Was later replaced by Spider Spiderson, Spider's daughter.

Nothing. Skilled agent, ran a spy network that eventually just became ridiculous. After most of the campaign refusing to make any deals with demons unlike the rest of the party, sold his legacy to save his wife.

It is very important to note that this was not an evil campaign. In fact, my stated goals for this campaign were for heroic adventures.
>>
File: 1469672161349.gif (397KB, 245x138px) Image search: [Google]
1469672161349.gif
397KB, 245x138px
>>52374868
>Eric the Cleric

I was pleased with Micky The Spiv. Spiv being an archaic word for thief/fence. Really fir the theme of the campaign we had.
>>
>>52380726
Underrated
>>
>>52374747
r between vowel sounds has a soft sound in may languages apart from french and english.
>>
>>52377981
>>
My current group has never played a tabletop RPG before, so we had a lot of pants on head retarded names over three different campaigns. The most notable ones include:

Greg Gregson, Human Druid (My own)
Sid Vicious, Human Fighter
Shia Labouf, Human Rogue
Profit Mohammad, Human Paladin (Same player as the rogue)
Honey, Human Sorcerer (The character and player didn't even last a whole session)
Alexander Jonesevich (And his twin, Aleksander Jonesvich. Same player)
Fug, Half-orc Barbarian with a 4 intelligence
>>
Tony Iomi is my bards name.

Also

Any other rpg than 2md edition ad&d is pleb tier
>>
>>52375011
Define please. I named my rogue Cuntrôsses. Hate my teen self
>>
Rate my last PC names:

- Fiona Zeiss
- Max Fire
- Sir Horace Gonville Magdalene Ferrero Rocher Caius Brazenheart
- Belenus Nuada
>>
>>52382342
Does he have his finger tips?
>>
>Samenko Morisov, !Not-Russian Strongman

Great character, shame the campaign dissolved an hour later cause the GM got salty, players were pretty nice. Never managed to find Samenko's phone number though.
>>
>>52374050
>Lord British (fucking original)
Well, Ultima references can't be that common nowadays.
>>
>>52378796
I made a guy in a LOTR game once, a Gondorian called Eremor. GM thought it "didn't fit". Nigga what?
>>
In a similar thread a while ago, someone brought up Robin Graves the necromancer, which I thought was funny.
>>
>>52381308
I take it you play LoL?
>>
>>52381389
Was he a friend of Lute Schitt and Lars Enny?
>>
Inspired by a fucking /tv/ meme that did give me a chuckle I named my female sorcerer Melly Sanders
>>
>>52383113
>Inspired by a fucking /tv/ meme that did give me a chuckle I named my female sorcerer Melly Sanders

Cool. I once made a fire mage named Sally Mander.
>>
My characters were
Fueryon, Lizardfolk Druid
Kas, Kobold Sorcerer

I'm worldbuilding now for my campaign and I'm going to have Ezra (Azrael) be the sheparf of the Shadowfell and Frey (Freyr) be the lord of the Feylands
>>
One of my players had a mute called Toxa. She swore allegiance to a noble family with the surname Lott, and got permission to take the on family name after a while. When I first said her new name I asked the fucker "Did you do all that just to have the irony of a mute with a name pronounced as 'talks a lot'?"

He did, the fucking asshole
>>
>>52383130
>Sally Mander
Fuck, that is actually pretty funny
>>
>>52383186
So wait, this took him multiple sessions?
Fuckin' A man
>>
D&D
>Tim the Wizard (Monthy Python refference)
>Pepe the Orc
>Eli (the druid) and Veli (the pet)

SWN
>Dr. Phillip Ollas ("Gilipollas" means "Asshole" in spanish)
>>
>Deviara
>>
>>52383090
The player who played Rabadan based it off of lol, but tryndalore's player literally never seen lol, and barely spends any time on computers.
>>
>>52380906
What's wrong with these? I think they're pretty good
>>
I played a hobgoblin rogue/barbarian named Gnash, he was the youngest of six brothers, Thrash, Mash, Lash, Rash, and Kash. Pretty dumb but fun
>>
File: 43Nnh7u.jpg (375KB, 3715x2089px) Image search: [Google]
43Nnh7u.jpg
375KB, 3715x2089px
>rp on play-by-post roleplay site (i know)
>player submits character
>character's name is same as player's screen name
>obvious red flag, immediate rejection

Besides those, the worst character name was probably "Ing" the Imperial Guardsman. Pic related was his character portrait.
>>
>>52386698
That's awesome.
>>
Leah Tuls the cleric.

Rian Barber the barbarian.

Wolf Wizzenheim the wizard.
>>
The worst name I've ever encountered was a friend's druid fox girl that was literally just named Ahri. This guy played pretty much nothing but League and he kept trying insist that the characters were nothing alike the only real difference was that his character was a bit more "innocent and curious" than the LoL one, but it was still cringy as fuck.
>>
In Eberron, a changeling named Ai. Pronounced "aye".
Entirely fits the bill of changeling names- simple one syllable sound. Entirely obnoxious as the table gets confused or derailed along the lines of "Ai did this" or "Ai got the thing"
>>
Yakub, Foremost of the Melanated
>>
Does anime freak anyone else out? Like really send a blinding plastic shiver down your oiled spine?
>>
Mon Jena - goliath monk who used an enchanted chair as a weapon
>>
One that I remember from a short-lived campaign I was in

GM: "...and your character's name is..?"
J: "My character's name is Pending"
GM: "look, I need you to decide on a name before you start playing."
J: "No, you don't get it. That was my character's name."
GM: "Wait, what?"
J: "Pending"
GM: "..."
GM: "Goddamnit, Jeff"
>>
Last 3 were
>Errol Staine, an Apocolypse Oracle in High Fantasy setting.
>Doyle de Bois, French Chef Alchemist who was the ship cook in a sky pirate campaign.
>Norm Al, the alias of a Changeling Investigator who tried really hard to be human, his real name was Dennis.
Sadly all of them have been fantasy Pathfinder since no one other then me can be bothered to learn and run a different system. Though an NPC name I was proud of was Norton, who was an overly chipper Chronicler for Degenesis, their naming system is based of old tech jargon and computer programs so O named him after the anti-virus because he was annoying and useless.
>>
>>52382096
John Jonathan Johnson lol
>>
Internet the Explorer
>>
I named my character Noah

My friend incidentally is Noah irl

He was conscious about paying attention but at least once per game he would get confused when the DM said it was 'Noah's turn'
>>
>>52374394
Persians are aryan, anon. That's what Iran is named after.
>>
File: 1490244923261.gif (121KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1490244923261.gif
121KB, 480x336px
>>52374895
>Tesco Lasagna
>>
>>52374375
It took balls to make that character.
>>
>>52374050
Wobniar, The Rainbow Warrior.
>>
File: Friza.gif (100KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Friza.gif
100KB, 500x300px
>>52374853
>Lewd Friza
I most certainly am not, you filthy lying monkey!
>>
>>52374050
>players who just use their own names
>describe their characters as "Me but a wizard / barbarian / street samurai"
>>
>>52374050
Stefan "it's pronounced Steffon"
Sacha "it's pronounced like the a in cat. The sound like in daughter is for a girl's name."

That's about it. Most of the players I've met had pretty normal names.
>>
>>52374895
>The Wall
>>
>>52374050
I have a player who insists on rhyming names (or names with a letter or two different between them) in sibling groups and naming Familiars/Animal Companions/Leadership Feat Followers after objects. I can't object too loudly; she isn't very bright, but she's a hell of a role-player. She's been at my table for ten years, and it's one of my only complaints about her. We've been playing for more than half-a-century of game time, and she has an elaborate family tree that spans every game, main or side, that we've ever played. I truly admire her autism.

I really can't stress enough that she is one of the best players I've ever met, yet she comes up with names like:
>Rune, Relic, and Requiem (Drowish siblings, and each a different caster class)
>Aristotle Aristocracy, the Elf Princess in Hiding
>Alistair Knaves, the Jester (that's like naming your character "Lumberjack, the Woodsman" in carnie-speak)
>Twin Drowish brothers named Novadryl and Nowheredryl (my personal "favorite" stupid names of hers)
>She once asked if she could, with her Leadership Feat, acquire a Cat Beast-Kin named Blue October (I have rules for animal people of every kind involving Orcs being whores of greater magnitude than Humans.) (I told her no on this one.)
>Goblina (She was playing a young Goblin girl, and she named everything Tina, from chickens to her Shadowdancer Shades. It was retarded in a fun way. I liked it so much that now Shades are called Tinas world-wide.)

As for other players, I've had some bad ones over the last twenty years. Here's my favorite:
>Dragonborn named Trogdor the Burninator (I get the reference, but that was dumb. I told him no, he went with it, so I just constantly had people not get his name. That character died in combat legitimately, and he never came back.)

I've also made some boners.
>Lupus Lupin, the Half-Orcish Barbarian (I didn't know what Lupus was, and it sounded like "Wolf McWolf-Awoo" to me. He had a wolf theme and 7 INT.)
>>
>>52387253
Back in the caves with you
>>
>>52378620
>Oda Tokugawa

>hodgepodge two historical names together

Would trigger my inner weeb.
>>
>>52378796
>using your own name or online handle as your character's name

What if my online handle was derived from a lore appropriate name?
>>
>>52374086
Fuck the you, fag of get.
>>
A recurring necromancer NPC I made to harass the party goes by the name Torvald Patricus Kronk

I named him for his objective

A mercenary fighter I rolled once was named Kirik Dullahan (three guesses how she died)
>>
I tend to use real obscure and often ancient names that have modern meanings that I think fit my character, and sometimes I take normal names and stretch them out or come up with an extra part to make it sound newer and fantasy-ish.

Most recent ones I've come up with are

>Ornwen
>Hrafn(Hurrah-fin)
>Vrana
>Asher
>Ichard(Ek-card)
>>
>>52389898
> I use muslim names.
FTFY
>>
>>52389904
Scandinavian actually.
>>
File: 1430274682422.gif (13KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1430274682422.gif
13KB, 350x350px
>>52374853
>Engage mom
>>
>>52389579
I just remembered a fun story:
>I had a friend who would never reuse names, not in her game where two of us played every week on a different day, and not in mine.
>She made a family list with her character's brothers' names.
>When the friend with all of the dumb names in my last post remarked, "Oh, Goblina had a brother named Caden, too!" she flew into a rage and said she would just play a different character.
>Thank the gods that Goblina-player is a bro, and defused the situation by saying that it didn't matter and it was just a thing that she noticed.
>"How many girls named (HER NAME) do we all know in real life?" She added with a wink at me.
>Best player and best bro at my table forever, even with her shitty character names.
>>
>>52389914
What's the difference? Hahahaha!
>>
File: 140037899534.png (205KB, 441x437px) Image search: [Google]
140037899534.png
205KB, 441x437px
>>52389989
Oh anon, you card.
>>
>>52378796
What about if I am playing an Orc Yakuza who wears a mask and is named Kabu?

Is that Lore apprope with minor pun?

Or chuuni jap name GTFOOMG?
>>
>>52374622
>>52374853
>>52374862
>Female Human Paladin
Madame Henna Pailful

Not bad!
>>
>Lord Murder, CN Rogue
>>
>>52374056
>Pennydull the Quick
I would use the shit out of this
>>
>>52374747
Confirmed for never having tried to learn another language

English is pretty tame as far as missing letters goes. In Danish you're supposed to just mumble the whole sentence. If you pronounce a single letter correctly you're a damn failure.
>>
File: 239852529.png (250KB, 562x388px) Image search: [Google]
239852529.png
250KB, 562x388px
>>52386698
>rp on play-by-post roleplay site (i know)
>(i know)

Other than the writing quality being horribly low, I didn't know this was a bad thing
>>
Bangmaster Jones, the fashion designer sorcerer who was a closet homosexual.

Johnny Triggerjackson

Uuntuhuu
>>
File: 360 view.jpg (79KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
360 view.jpg
79KB, 800x450px
>>52374050
>
The name I'm using in the current 5e game caused a stir for some reason.

"Erin Woodhouse"

>DM: What the fuck kind of name is that?
>Me: The kind that a peasant soldier from a prosperous family of farmers would have.
>DM: Huh?
>Me: Her given name is Erin. She lives in a rather nice house made of finished wood rather than rough logs. Ergo, "Woodhouse."
>DM: Thats pretty uninspired.
>ME: We're playing in a middle ages fantasy and shes from a peasant family. Thats kind of the point.

Pic related for the characters look. Just in dark gray and dark red-orange.
>>
File: 1475592758524.jpg (430KB, 1194x824px) Image search: [Google]
1475592758524.jpg
430KB, 1194x824px
>>52379723
I havent laughed like this in a while
>>
>>52389964
Some other examples of bad/so bad they're awesome names at my table:
>082 (My sister's Kobold Ninja with amnesia and a symbiotic experiment living inside of her. It's her experiment number, and she plays it so well it's actually great.)
>Ivan Ivanov (Drow are Slavic in my game, and a Drowish innkeeper didn't give his real name but everybody remembered him because of it. He's a favorite of my players.)
>Clank (He was an NPC Lizard Man slave that the party freed, who had never had a name. They asked him what his name was, and as those are important to Lizard Men in my game, he called himself that after the noise his bone-riveted shackles would always make. He was not a robot with a Lombax friend.)

>>52390284
I love Bangmaster Jones. Then again, I'm gay trailer trash.

>>52390076
I bet the party never saw his imminent betrayal coming.

>>52390011
We try to throw multi-lingual puns at each other all the time at my table, but as we are all multi-lingual, the puns get noticed.
>>
>>52390301
Does... does your DM not understand where last names come from or what they mean? I mean, even thinking for half a second and realizing that most European surnames are the local translation of fucking 'Smith' or 'Miller' or something should show how uninspired last names are.
>>
>>52390301
That's a good name. Check that you're not playing with a group of special snowflakes.

Also, make sure that her house made of wood is near a forest, or woods, if you will. Maybe also make it so one of her ancestors was a warden of those woods. That way you'll have all the possible origins of "Woodhouse" covered.
>>
>>52390301
I like how simple it is. My husband is playing a simple, tomboyish farm girl named Bessie Howards with a "Kobold scaring" bolt-action rifle currently. He plays her to a "T" and it is so much fun. Plain-Jane PC's can be the best.
>>
>>52390301
i think that name is perfect
>>
>>52374050
During the last few campaigns Ive had several npc's whom I had to name on the spot. I ended up with...
>Queen Erika, the ice witch
>Brodo Swaggins, of the Jersey Shire
>Bob Bobbinson the pig farmer
>Pain-fist Dark-Hammer, the Orc warlord
>Captain Nameless of the Imperial ship Placeholder
>>
>>52389879
decapitated
>>
>>52390573
Tbh I'd serve aboard imperial warship Insert Name Here if I could.
>>
>>52390443
I harp on my pal Goblina-player, but you all may have noticed some equally-stupid NPC names on my lists. Because nobody asked, and I want this lovely thread to endure, here are some more of my stupid NPC names:
>Ghir Fastpalms (Gnomes in my game are tiny little steam and clockwork golems, and he was a Force Missile Mage. Ghir is pronounced "Gear," and Fastpalms needs no explanation.)
>Django is the Drowish equivalent of John, and there are plenty of NPC's named both, as well as a slew of other common names that come up a lot. It feels real to me that there are common names.
>Most dogs are named Jeremy, and the name itself often means "good boy" after Jeremy, the Good Boy Who Saved the Universe (A legend about a dog who was a hero from ancient times.)
>Roberto Darkhold (A cutpurse in waaaaaaay over his head when he tried to mug the party.)
>"The Man" (The only known moniker of a crimelord who overtook a slum in the middle of a warzone. He was a bald, elderly human man in the most pimpin' attire.)
>"The Dirty King" (A Drowish warlord who tried to take out a primarily-human farming colony by setting up shop in the biggest trash heap on the continent. Codename.)
>Lord Jet (A charcoal-skinned demon-god of legend.)
>"Big Poppa" (The codename of a polar bear man who is one of the worst crimelords of the current timeline.)
>"The Fourth Quandary" (The name of an inexplicably-huge inn/tavern at the intersection of Trade Route 4 and a road named Quandre.)

Also, despite years of lurking and posting here, I found out that my demented hobo king named Boxcar Joe is an old meme here only recently. I didn't post that story, and that had nothing to do with me. I was building a town of totaled train cars at what had been a giant train hub at one point, and the king of the hobos who moved there needed a name, so I gave him one. This was back in 1997. He's still a player-favorite occasionally-recurring character.
>>
>>52390654
Drop the name and post anonymously, you'll fit in better.
>>
>>52390636
First time I ran Rogue Trader the players chose not to name the ship until it had done something to earn a name. Following their bombing a city of millions of people just to kill one guy who had mildly annoyed them, they named the ship "The Collateral Damage".
>>
>>52390573
>Brodo Swaggins, of the Jersey Shire

I give up. I fucking give up.
>>
>>52374944
Eh, I'd tolerate it at my table
>>
>>52390654
Oh yes, and then there was the nearly-silent, mask-wearing, too-cool-for-the-party archer/mercenary named Boba. He was Drowish, and his player was great, so everything worked out. His family name was asked of him later, and when he said Fett, nobody cared. He was an asshole in-character. It was great.

>>52390573
Erika's a good name, but if that's a reference, I don't get it. The next three are painful, although I do love simple farm-folk names. If the Captain had a reason for his anonymity, that last one is great. It's great in its stupidity either way.

>>52390665
I love it. Ship names are hard for me for some reason, so the fact that it's snappy and memorable makes it great to me. Did they paint a bombshell on the hull?

>>52390660
I'm bored and killing time, so I'm posting a lot as I think of stupid shit from my game. The name adds cohesion to my ramblings about said stupid shit, so that people know that it's all from the same long-running game if they're reading it. I'm sorry that it bothers you.
>>
>>52390744
>I'm bored and killing time, so I'm posting a lot as I think of stupid shit from my game. The name adds cohesion to my ramblings about said stupid shit, so that people know that it's all from the same long-running game if they're reading it. I'm sorry that it bothers you.
The posting style is distinct enough, but I understand the sentiment and I don't really fault you for it. Just keep in mind that namfagging/tripfagging is generally looked down upon, in case you didn't already know. Enjoying the stories anon.
>>
>>52390744
>namefagging
>replying to multiple posts at once
Jesus christ could you be any more of an attention whoring faggot just kys
>>
>>52374050
>half orc named Scro'tom
>son of go'nad
>>
>>52390677
Brood Swaggins, of the Swagginses. If you were curious, he lived at Swag-end.
>>
Would you let someone play Telmia of House Bautbain?
>>
>>52390744
I sure did use the word "great" a lot in that post.
More stupidity:
>The group is currently in the Chinese-flavored Huang Empire. Due to the Emperor having a mess of concubines, half of the people there have the family name Huang.
>Ching, Chang, and Chong (Triplets whose mother named them for the sound of the windchimes outside her home, the only comforting sounds she heard in the nights of the warzone she lived in. They are not in the current Huang Empire, they were elsewhere a while ago.)
>Ajax, the all-powerful Sorcerer and peddler of trinkets

>>52390764
I'm glad that you're enjoying the stories!

>>52390790
It's more convenient for me to reply all at once to posts I want to reply to rather than making a zillion posts and flooding the thread, while I do morning things and whatnot around my house. The name is for post cohesion. You're the second to complain, and here I am doing it again.
Legitimate question not intended to derail the thread at all (seriously, honestly):
Are those things that people aren't supposed to do (like a rules violation), and I just didn't know? You seem pretty agitated about it.
>>
>>52390833
I wasn't curious. Kill me now. I'm done.
>>
Once ran a character named Dio in a Cthulhu Mythos game.
I hate Jojo.
He never died.
>>
>>52390301
>>52390494
Reminds me of the name of a classmate of mine in middle school whose last name translates to roofslate because they liked their slate roof I guess.
>>
>>52380726
Best one so far
>>
>>52390802
Man, when my friends and I were younger, we did stuff like that all the time. It's groan-inducing and stupid to me now, but back then it was fun.

>My little brother used to play in my game as well.
>He insisted on being party leader.
>He insisted that the entire group have code-names that started with "The Great..."
>His character's name was The Great Mo
>We had others
>The Great Alfie
>The Great Apocalypse
>The Great Collapse
>We were so young

>>52390915
I've honestly never seen Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Is there any appeal other than spicy memes apparently?
>>
>Balmundos
>Kek Blackfeather
>Maximilion Falcon
>Cappuccino Gorgonzola
>>
>>52390886
>Are those things that people aren't supposed to do (like a rules violation), and I just didn't know?
4chan is first and foremost an ANONYMOUS imageboard. Breaching the anonymity should be done only when absolutely necessary, like say when you're conveying something important to a collaborative project or maybe you're a creator visiting the fans or something. "posting cohesion" is kind of a retarded reason to post considering there is not a single other person who has ever needed a name to find cohesion in their own posts. Just dropping the name would be a wise move.
>>
A guy I know played a blackspoitation paladin in a PF game a few years ago called Shizzle B. Sanctified. The portrait was great too.
>>
File: 1489606466324.jpg (97KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
1489606466324.jpg
97KB, 640x627px
>>52390959
>A friend in highschool runs a game
>My little brother (THE GREAT MO) is in this game, too
>He plays a secret agent Paladin from the church of Pelor
>Mister Big is his name
>He wears golden plate mail that shoots sunlight (subtle)
>The activation phrase is "BIG CHESTS OF GOLD!" (he screamed it every time)

>>52391000
I figured that it being knowable that all of those stupid names I posted came from the same game was fun (and maybe even not just for me) so I'm just going to keep doing it if you don't mind, highest-ranking MI-6 agent 000. Hey, that can be your next dumb character name! Now we're on-topic. I'm sorry that I apparently am making people angry, it isn't my intention at all.
>>
File: Son_of_a_shepard.jpg (12KB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
Son_of_a_shepard.jpg
12KB, 268x200px
>>52374895
>>
>>52390744
If you like Colateral Damage as a name, pick up a copy of "Look To Windward" by Ian M. Banks, in adition to being awseom sci-fi it's got a scene with characers quoting ship namaes at each other.
Things like "Poke It With a Stick", "Lacking That Small Match Temprement", "All Done With This Niceness And Stuff", and my personal favourate "We Havn't Met Yet But You Are A Great Fan Of Me"
>>
>>52391083

you're fine, I don't know what that guy's deal is but it's ok to use a name.

usually we don't because like they said the anonymous thing is sort of the main deal here but it's ok
>>
>>52391099
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to check that out. It sounds like fun, and might even help me with ship names. The only things I know about ship names are that they need to be a Her and that they tie into the ship's fortune. Speaking of:

>Throw-away gag while the characters are in a port
>There is a race of people driven crazy by "black water" on this island who wear wicker clothing and other nonsense
>They overhear the captain of this ship, a man wearing an albatross and caked in bird shit with a wicker nest around his neck, as he orders his crew about
>They're leaving port and the captain yells "Westward, with the rest of the damned!" as the odd ship departs
>The party sees the name on the side of his ship
>Lucille, the Lucky Lady
>They call all boats Lucilles for the rest of that storyarc
>>
Malevenom was probably the one that got the most laughs out of me.

Best was Chef. Just Chef. Character woke up on the beach with amnesia. All he could remember was fine dining.
>>
>>52391178
Marvelous! I love amnesiac characters for some reason.

>There was a long-running character named "Cook" in my game
>He made magical food for the gang that my players had joined during that particular campaign.
>As it turned out, he was on the run.
>He had been the chef for a king who had been assassinated via poisoning over months, and figured the courts would blame the filthy immigrant kitchen staff.
>My sister's character once shouted "Cook, I'll take the daily special!" during a fight at the gang hideout with a rival gang
>He ate a cheese-stuffed mushroom and grew to Huge size
>The party buffed him and hid behind him
>They wrecked that encounter
>Nobody ever found out his name
>They encountered him in the main game a hundred years later and didn't know it was him
>He goes by Panini now, and is famous for his sandwich delivery service
>>
My old gm used to use the name Fritz for any unimportant npc we asked the name of. Merchants, generic guardsmen and town criers as the sort. It was a warhammer scenario so I was fitting that many common men was called that.

So as we start a new campaign I choose to create Fritz Teatime (Pronounced "Te-ah-tim-eh,"; everybody gets it wrong) The master murderer. 3 out of 5 people had a chuckle over it.
>>
>>52391213
Cook was an NPC in the same campaign where Ching, Chang, and Chong showed up, and also where >>52391164 occurred. This was also the game where Goblina-player played Novadryl. The game manages to be serious at times, I swear.

>>52391106
Alright, thanks for clarifying. I should re-read the global rules, since it occurred to me during all of this that I'm foggy on what they are exactly.
>>
>>52374394
Arianne is an ordinary european name, especially french.
>>
I have made a few pun characters over the years

>Tilda Cauzcomhoem
>Huzon the 1st
>Nico Ironkeep (Treasure hunter/historian based on Nic Cage)
>Orc who wore no shoes named Ki'kalf Mishu (With an entire family tree of Mishu's)
>>
>>52374050
Harry McSpankeybottom
Hanson McLit
Faustina Odinsdottir
>>
>>52391325
I also modeled a character off of Nic Cage once.
>He was a sorcerer named Bird, so-named for his hair that always resembled a bird and invalidated all arguments
>Familiar was an owl named Copernicus
>Had the same owl painted on his wagon
>He used extradimensional spaces to steal everything that fit his paranoid conspiracy theories, including a few national landmarks.
>Part National Treasure
>Part Carmen Sandiego
>All screaming and fire.
>I was damn near thirty at the time
>No regrets
>He's now an NPC in my game that the group has never met, but his name is known in certain circles
>>
>>52378620
>Every other name in our fantasy!Poland campaign
https://youtu.be/t-fcrn1Edik
>>
>Playing "French" Wizard named Ashole in a "Mage Academy" game
>It's pronounced "Ashley"
>He was a socially-awkward probable-autist who almost never spoke, so the group had only seen his name written down on his class notes and school records
>They knew that his father was terrible to his son from having heard some gossipy stories
>The party didn't know any French and thought his father was enough of a dick that his name was literally "asshole"
>It took him a long time to work up the courage to ask why the party hated him so much
>Spaghetti everywhere on all sides (we were awkward nerds playing awkward mages, after all)

>>52391354
>Harry McSpankeybottom
It's like Dirty Harry has the sort of last name I always figured he must have had.
>>
>>52374622
Emily?
>>
This is a story from a friend's game:
>A friend ran a backup game where we all played minions of a BBEG.
>There were literally ad flyers all over the slums promising gold to any chucklefucks dumb enough to go to the spooky swamp tower for a job.
>My husband, another friend, and I decided that we should play siblings from the slums trying to make a buck.
>Minions were usually marked with simple letters on the combat map, so we went with..
>A for Abrexta, a short girl with kleptomania, a temper, and a very sharp knife. Played by my husband.
>B for Bertramos, who was a cross-dressing maniac of a cannibal. He loved horses and intricate pulley-based traps. Played by me.
>C for Corasia, she was the meanest and only decently-skilled combatant among us. Played by our friend.
>D for their last name, which was Deldagrimm.
>We were not competent minions.
>>
>>52374050
For a joke, I once named a goblin character Shart Blumpkin. He had a reputation for being an amazing lover and was the love slave to a hag for six years before the game started.
>>
>player's go to name for any system is 'The [race]'

The player is me and it's great
>>
>>52391744
So, how many 'The Human' have you played?
>>
>Akanash Varel, religious swordsman
>Pinwheel, crippled slave with a little talent for magic
>Valyrie Kain, female necromancer
>Gideon D'Artenois, wandering knight
>Sigmund Von Engledorf, definitely not a vampire
>Artheon Fumble, definitely not Pinwheel with a beard
>>
>>52376159
I went to a DnD meeting in my area to play with a new group that didn't know me.

I played a Paladin and named him Chad. It was subtle but I noticed that it annoyed them.
>>
Chuck Blast
Clint Steele
Furious Flint
Gummy Watson
Miss Direction
>>
File: 1488213415960.gif (2MB, 517x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488213415960.gif
2MB, 517x400px
Arnold the Dwarf, son of Kevin the Human
>>
>>52387508
>Enchanted chair as a weapon
Elaborate please?
>>
>>52379225
>Tuborg
My friend had a metalcore band named Grobut
>>
File: chad 2 badd.gif (2MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
chad 2 badd.gif
2MB, 371x209px
>>
>>52376159

As long as he's a Bard you have my blessing.
>>
>>52378796

Gregdalf is hilarious. Stealing it for an NPC.
>>
Hateshit skullfucker

real name, player used it. golden
>>
First character was called Aesahaettr. WFRP High Elf mage, wound up mastering all 8 winds of magic then getting tricked into serving Tzeentch, but realising it at the big worldending battle (group had been playing for like 3 years, that's why the OP bullshit) and sacrificing himself to foil birdboy's scheme. Young me was a gigantic HDM fan, I have since repented.
>>
>Sjach
I searched the D&D translation for shadow for my kobold rogue and was surprised by how perfect it was.
>>
>>52378926
>farnsworth
>gentleman thief
Pretty weird disconnect there, 6/10
I never enjoyed chinese and japanese rp's so I will withhold my opinion.
>Fonkbow
I don't know why, but this got me hard
>>
>>52381285
A prototype that sucks
You are a good man
>>
>>52389579
Those are genuinely great names and I have a burning jealousy raging within now.
>>
>>52386698
You think that's bad
>want to do a spelljammer-esque game for 5e, put it on Roll20
>one of the applicants asks about homebrew races, wants to be a member of the Q from Star Trek Next Gn
>profile name is Q, picture of John Delancey as Q
>16 year old student applying for late-night game
Needless to say he was not in the game.
>>
All played, several in more than one game:

Rundle Tumperwink III
Bellnose Biscuitfingers
Handle (gnome locksmith)
Bvaorna Halmsdottir
Voryk Khaess
Rhuloc the Sage
Tobhen Wyldwylchan
Nildur na'Rhion
Hwaethgarne
Korbhen Draugrthegn
>>
File: IMG_0435.jpg (25KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0435.jpg
25KB, 457x480px
>>52374895
>Tesco Lasagna (character was a talking horse)
Dude please I'm in public people are going to look at me weirdly if I keep laughing
>>
Names from my recent games

>chad thundercock
>fight
>minimal
>gorkax (the only normal name)
>hopip
>worm-man
>chris cummings
>lenor
>hero
>El chore

Rate my retarded friends
>>
macemace the fighter with a mace.
>>
Still pretty new to tabletop RPGs, here are my characters.
>Lilith Ra'hab
Succubusesque alien that uses communicable diseases offensively. From a homebrew space opera setting that went nowhere.
>Kael Pilgrimthane
Human cleric. Sent out to observe the world by his fellow devout Ricardo and Stephano. Head like a fuckin' orange.
>Benji Dunlain
Human bard pissing about and putting off rescuing his incarcerated family. Likes flirting but hasn't gotten farther than that (He dun' lain anyone yet more like!)
>>
>>52387253
I really like you right now, like, like-like you right now
>>
>>52379225
>Shakespear
>tribesman hunter
I wholeheartedly approve
>>
>>52374532
Yeah let's be honest, Melf and Bigby aren't the greatest
>>
>>52399127
7/10 would kek heartily with
>>
>>52390443
I've met a person IRL who's name was Ivan Ivanov
>>
I have played a number of halfling rogues and a ratling sniper named Conall Stickyfingers.

I stand by it and regret none of it.
>>
>>52375588
I get it.
>>
>>52391099
Stupid ship names are a common part of any sci-fi setting I run. Military/government ships are usually pretty normally named, but free traders? They have weird, dumb names like:
>Not A Smuggler
>She's One Of Ours Sir
>Drop Table Ships
>Unsinkable II
>Pop Culture Reference
>Test Ship Please Ignore
>>
File: getit.jpg (60KB, 195x342px) Image search: [Google]
getit.jpg
60KB, 195x342px
I think the only name I'm really proud of was a monk named Ped-Xing
I am also ashamed
>>
>>52391571
This sounds riotous. Describe some of the Deldagrimm siblings' adventures, if you would.
>>
>>52374050
I have that dude in table with a noble kid calle
>Adolfo Octavio Ruben de Aguilar y Tortajada
At first I was like wtf but his brother(irl) was his character chiñhood friend and called him
>Casimiro Buenavista
The note is that Adolfo was a blind character so we all laughed our asses

The guy is in fact a very good player but all his characters have something really annoying
>>
File: colephelps.jpg (45KB, 291x280px) Image search: [Google]
colephelps.jpg
45KB, 291x280px
>>52374050
player's name is kevin
names character "Kevmo"
>>
One time we were drunk
The names were
>Eric harris
>Dylan klebold
>Sho seung hui
>Elliot rodgers
>Dylan roof
Don't play tabletop while drunk
>>
>>52401277
KevinTheWizard?
>>
In a moment of college retardation, I named my character after myself. So began the forgettable adventures of Dan Danson, fighter.
>>
My friend Kyle came up with "Elyk the well endowed"
>>
>>52379723
steven is a good namie, jamie
>>
>>52378796
Do a brain meme of this someone, please
And put "Mandor" as the most awakened name
>>
>>52374050
The worst names I've encountered:

>Vehemence
A Shadowrun character. One-word handles were the norm for us, but goddamn. He got razzed so much that he swiftly changed it to 'Anubis', which made a lot more sense for the character.

>Wonder
A really nondescript, inappropriate moniker for a Tiefling Necromancer. I think the name was supposed to suggest her obsession with another player's Warlock (Fawkes Falbries).

>Dusk Edge
From the same mind which later brought Vehemence. The sharp-as-a-club wit by which all other 'bad' names are measured. Swiftly renamed 'Dredge' to preserve sloghtly more dignity.

>Thane, Doyen of Death
Same guy as Vehemence and Dusk Edge. He's...not the best at names, it must be said. He's also a Monk, so the name 'Thane' seems peculiar.

Names I've liked from various players:
>Tibie Esche
>Marven Meteo (Stan Lee + Tellah)
>Umgrim Rockeye
>Vyse Blueborne
>Virrasztas Tarkusson
>Niers of Fortran
>Sir Daniel Borden (Sword & Board Fighter)

My personal gimmick was that, for the last few years, I've tried to make a character whose name started with every letter of the alphabet. Now that I've obtained it, I have to get more creative with names.
>>
File: 1489773964762.png (298KB, 556x370px) Image search: [Google]
1489773964762.png
298KB, 556x370px
>Himo Nightbreeze (literally just an example name from the 3.5 book)
>2x4 the Ent
>Janitor (pronounced Yanitor)
>Dan "Rock-It Man" Daniels
>Vabogyurnogiygas Xygelroxeres (Vabo)
>>
Arsenal the human fighter in 5e.
He was played by a guy who didn't bother learning the combat rules and who had the goal of buying a magic staff so that he could then sell it to feed his family of 17 orphaned brothers and sisters.

The party has subtly attempted to murder him at least once a session, but he survives via dumb luck and good rolls.
>>
>>52403858
Thane is probably a Marvelfag, there was a story where Thanos had a dumbass kid named Thane.
>>
>>52374050
This is simultaneously the best and worst.
>Mr. Sneakman
>Tiefling Rogue
>After every sneak attack he shouts "Heh! Mr. Sneakman!" and scuttles away
>Actually a pretty decent rogue
>>
>>52405160
also same player
>Felf the Elf
>Autistic Elf ranger
>>
>>52374424
I want to hear his tale.
>>
>>52390959
Jojo is fun. It's not the most intelligent of anime, but it entertains quite well. Just make sure to find the recap of Part 1, which is real slow for only being 8ish episodes, and just start on part 2 which has a way better protag.
>>
>>52374050
Bardy the Bard
>>
At least your players choose names. I had a player who made an elf monk not come up with a name for like 2 sessions, then finally settle on Chen. Must have been reallll hard to make that one.

Another one of my players is Ivellios the Lifeless, so we all call him the No life as much as possible. It's great stuff.

Now their gods, on the other hand... Never let your players come up with deities, otherwise they'll be the most ghetto things ever.
>>
>>52400306
Wouldn't have gotten it without the picture. That's not half-bad.
>>
>>52374050
>Had the rogue in a game years ago
>Standard weeb shit ninja with katana and shurikin and shit.
>Avoids the edge Lord aspect somehow.
> Wants to get along with everyone
> Call me big brother
> Or just Nii-san

He's a fucking Nissan rogue. Played with him for like 6 months. Total bro, just went the long way for a joke.

His next character was a cavalier named Chevy
>>
Simultaneously best and worst:
>Jiraiya (weeb and notorious 4chan tripfag who stumbled onto a horrible conspiracy and decided to master the blade; unironically the best character in any one of my games)
>Wolfgang Cholo (gangster)
>Dr. Denim (superhero with the power to control denim)
>Mr. Skeltal (skeleton bard)
>>
>>52374056
>Deeque

That's also a dick joke
>>
>Torrin, a Dragonborn druid with a penchant for stufling Moss between his scales
>Fenlin, a short Pomeranian dog person Ranger, raised by wolves and druid's, he is convinced he is part wolf
>Ironfront, a Warforged fighter who wants ballads to be written about him and loves bards in general

And for NPCs I've made
>Twin BBEGs who's plan was to preform a sacred ritual, merge together, and ascend to Godhood named Daea and Tii
>>
I just steal chigaco gangster names. Two-gun Tommy becomes Two-Fist Tom the monk.
>>
I made a Half-Orc rogue named Warg Lur. The party never suspected a thing, nor did the DM
>>
Current party
>Smarx the Gommunist (Goblin rogue)
>Ser Hugh Dinkly (Dwarf Paladin)
>Kurkuro (Human Fightersamurai

There's also a bard that is joining us but hasn't been rolled up yet
>>
>>52390494
My Full Name Literally means "Farmer of the Field" in some European language, and I'm the fourth.

Multiple generations of un-inspired.
>>
>>52374050
Brian the Barbarian from the Clan of the O'Chiefs.
>>
I have had 6 different people tell me they used my last name as their character's last name in videogames/tabletop. Stonecipher

My next Character is going to be a Dwarf Cleric named Zodiac II because my Dad's favorite DnD character was a Dwarf Fighting-man named Zodiac from AD&D. Personal quest is to find my father's signature weapon.
>>
>>52374050
"Trouble"
Meric the cleric
Some mess of letters that was supposed to be pronounced Keelan
Captain James (not actually a captain, he insisted on being referred to as such anyway)

God I miss them
>>
Hope duGoode, the paladin/bard.
Klarg the Magician, the barbarian.
The Masked Journeyman, the monk/bard/barbarian (luchador).
Urag "Percival" Slough, the orc wizard
>>
>>52374895
>Hagrid, the child snatcher
sides gone
>>
File: 1440556529661.jpg (66KB, 612x574px) Image search: [Google]
1440556529661.jpg
66KB, 612x574px
>>52377919
first thing I thought of and now I really want to make the hulkster with the wrestling sphere
>>
I have a paladin in my game named Oliver Olivier Oxenfree.
>>
>>52374492
>Baron Big Unit
>mfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=griH3mrsnFk
>>
The worst was a guy who named his characters after his college professors (one of whom was my advisor).
>>
>>52408761
Tell me about it. We had a guy who named his character after out math lecturer, except his surename was bastardization of "Course retake" made so it sounds czech.
>>
The best character I have is Hendrick Valentine

>Incredibly charismatic as a younger guy
>Probably would have become a bard.
>Parents were a blacksmith and a seamstress
>Got his ass beat trying to woo a lady-knight, decided to get his shit together.
>Is now one of the foremost martial exemplars of his order. Still uses that 18 charisma for the party's benefit.
>>
>Ulysess B. Bearington (the B stands for Bruno), fuck off big sky pirate bear
>Honest McTrustworthy, a very untrustworthy assassin.
>Elrich and Balphonse Edwards, Two necromancer Brothers just trying to make in it the world.
>Fleshstick, CE gnome rouge who's main weapon was a petrified cock. He also ended up killing link (yes from Zelda) a good many times
>Tinderspark Ironsong, dwarf swordmage and killer of the party. Not smart enough to not summon a tempest indoors, underground, in a tight space.
>Rob-Bot, a guy named rob played a robot.
>The Boulder (had this game before Avatar), a Dwayne the Rock Johnson rip off that actually had rock powers.

there have been a few at my games, i'll have to think of more.
>
>>
>>52390198
worst yuro language with pronounciation is catalan
>we have 8 vowels
>BUT only use 5 letters
>and y isnt a vowel, except when it is. Then it counts as 9th but not really
>they all sound the same :)
>this als changes depending sub-sub dialect
Like french but autistical. Dont get me started on aprostopation rules and exceptions.
>>
r8 a few of my past/current names:

>Hans Brunschwieger, devout Christian who really hates demons
>Maria Saavedra, wannabe actress who almost ended up a cult sacrifice
>Slanelan Vazan and her sister Adra, Zabrak explorers/scouts
>Heptele Jenfrin, sorceress who likes the finer things in life
>Aaron Valens, fighter who used to be in a mage-killing squad
>Pavel Hearward, wizard in over his head
>Aimos the 2971st, warforged paladin with a guilt complex and frequent crises of faith

The only joke name I've come up with so far is Robert the Mercenary, a rogue who really loves disguises and has a fairly prominent chin

Also, I've found that you'd better come up with something short and memorable, like a nickname, or nobody will get it straight.
>>
>>52408069
You're gonna have to make that seven.
>>
>>52408986
Dude, you know that English has more vowels than 5, right? And sometimes the vowels can change even if we tack a vowel onto the end for some god-awful reason (Tim vs Time)

Long story short, almost all languages are a bitch to write down
>>
Right now playing Anna-Lydia Parapodé, Worm the Walks
>>
>>52374050
In fantasy:
Brandtbraur (Gnome alchemist)
R.A.S.P.U.T.I.N. (Warforged that just wouldn't die)
Not There (A voodoo shaman who would go invisible all the time)
Arjun Gupta
Gristle McThorne (Dwarf Brawler)
Gustav Remmingfold (Human Big Game Hunter)
Harold "Nine Lives" O'Flanery (Old human pirate)
Horatio Abd al Jabbar (Occultist)
Nigel Swift - and the Extraordinary Gimbi (A carnie and his pet monkey)
Godom and Simorah (A gangster and his assassin lover)
Skinsaw (werebear barbarian)
Crascend Von Bluchter (a serial killer pretending to be a paladin)

Shadowrun:
Zodiac (An occult investigator)
Kid Cairo (Phys adept)
Siren (A banshee face)
Mr. Dandelion (The Troll Johnson who is always wearing a Hawaiian shirt)
Silver Nuyen Sam (Street Sam)
Steel Toe Joe (Rigger)
Casper (The friendly Technomancer)
>>
I do indeed have stories!

>>52400366
A personal favorite:
>Off to steal some Dwarven Nth Metal from a Dwarven warehouse so our boss can build hisMacguffin
>One Dwarven guard who has a glaive
>Bertramos stands up on a crate and draws his whip
>His catchphrase/go to tactic was to "Whip him in the face!"
>Gets attack-of-opportunitied, because he was not good at sneaking and the guard knew he was there
>Yells "Whip him in the FUCK!" as a single blow reduces him to bleeding out due to being a squishy, dainty Rogue
>Abrexta runs out to stab him, misses, gets critted into the negatives
>Three roundsof Corasia and a no-name Dwarven guard going toe-to-toe
>She wins with less than ten HP left
>This lone guard nearly TPK's us

Another fun one, this time with traps galore:
>Boss wants us to break into his sister's mansion
>Not really clear as to what our job actually is
>She has a big walled-in courtyard filled with mean-ass dogs
>Bertramos: "Why don't we affix a rope to my waist, and using a horse as a counterweight, I can..." (insert long elaborate plan) (He had 18 Intelligence and 7 Wisdom)
>Abrexta and Corasia humor him up to a point
>He gets prettied up in his favorite princess gown, all pink and frilly, because that's how he dresses for work
>He's halfway up the wall on this pulley, when the guards show up
>Bert's sisters leave him there, dangling, ass up, surrounded by guards
>He gets arrested on suspicion of mischief
>>
>>52398779
I really am a lucky son of a gun. Last night was my game night, so I have some fresh stories!
>Goblina-player
>Current character is named AEvangeline Aristocracy, which is an awesome name
>AEvangeline's sister's name is Evangeline (She lives in the town/character bank I let my players make and use)
>Constant hijinks involving the Imperial Postal Service ensue

>>52399127
I'm not sure why Chris Cummings was the one that got me, but it did.

>>52399953
I've heard that there are lots of Eastern European names that have a similar theme, although I'm not worldly-enough to know why.
There was more to his story than I had mentioned there, in that he had three brothers who ran the inn with him. Identical quadruplets. They really screwed with the party, and pranked them hard.
>>
>>52374050
I wish I could just play with someone who names their barbarian something like OMNIMURDER FUCKSLAY, the Killer of AAAAAAAAAA.
>>
File: 1490701518528.jpg (21KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
1490701518528.jpg
21KB, 500x393px
>>52411966
More from last night:
>Used dice, with random tables and a name generator of my own creation, to create dozens of street vendors for a festival
>There's a Shiba man who got hit by a wagon once when he was younger, he sells breads and beers
>His name was Ronnover
>Didn't catch the pun until AEva asked him what his name was

Also:
>Dragon Spirit that is honored by the festival the party is enjoying has a long, complicated, Asian-sounding name
>Shujikijufukujin is her name
>Goblina-player (AEva)"So we're here enjoying the festival of Shoji Kills Jews, Fuck You Djinni, and I wanted to know what there was to do."
>MFW she said that to the Royal Vizier's wife

>>52408069
Legacies are my favorite stories. And your name is awesome.

>>52409266
>Aimos the 2,971st
I love how high that number is. Do his Warforged ancestors die a lot, or was he just mass-produced?

>>52411551
I love your names, especially
>R.A.S.P.U.T.I.N.
Please tell me what these letters stand for! Also, I would like to know the story of Godom and Simorah.
>>
>DM pulls out gorgeous hand drawn map of setting
>"Over here are the Upac mountains"
> notice blank smudge next to the text
>"Yeah, they were the Tupac mountains till I realised"

He's great but my god he can't name stuff for shit
>>
>>52412348
Godom was a hypnotist and Simorah was a contortionist at Mr. Plenty's Carniva, along with Nigel Swift (and the Extraordinary Gimbi) and the Amazing Oswaldo (an occultist). Godom became enraged at Mr. Plenty (the showman) when he was caught hypnotizing women on the side and promptly fired. Godom, and his lovely assistant Simorah, proceeded to burn down the carnival and start murdering the other carnies, of which only Mr. Plenty, Nigel Swift and Oswaldo remained, going into hiding. Now Godom has become a criminal mastermind and Simorah is his most skilled assassin and still his lover.

Recycled Arcane Synaptic Powered Universal Tactical Infantry Neutralizer
>>
>>52412681
Those are exactly the kind of answers I was hoping for. I've run a few carnie-themed games in my time, and they were some of the best games I ever had any part of.
Also, I'm a sucker for acronyms that actually mean something, especially when the acronym is super-appropriate like his was.

>>52400366
>>52411798
I suppose I could share a couple more stories.

ON THE TIME WE ACCIDENTALLY SAVED CHILDREN:
>BBEG-Boss sends us to this backwater hick-town
>His cousin is the mayor, and wants to steal his swamp tower HQ for himself
>BBEG-Boss has a whole family of inbred relatives, all vying for power, and this Mayor-cousin is probably the worst of them it turns out
>Using a wand of Polymorph that we've obtained as Minion-Lieutenants at this point, we make him look like a gross monster and let the guards deal with him (a lone guard almost TPK'd us once, after all)
>We break into his mansion and loot it
>Accidentally free his child prostitutes from what we thought was the vault

ON THE TIME WE UNWITTINGLY HELPED START ARMAGEDDON:
>Abrexta found a dragon egg on an adventure
>She kept it, oh fuck why did she keep it?
>Corasia's player and I took bets on what would happen to it while out for a smoke break
>She thought it would end up in an omelette
>I thought it would hatch and eat us
>Neither, as it turns out
>Abrexta, that sneaky bitch, traded it to our BBEG-Boss's sister and got us a new job working for her instead
>Corasia and Bertramos were barely consulted, and certainly not beforehand
>As it turned out, BBEG-Sister had been watching us, and knew about how we had tried to break into her mansion for her brother a few times
>It becomes a be-employed-or-be-dead scenario
>Our new boss was actually a lot nicer to us, but she was also basically the Antichrist
>We gave her the last pieces of her master plan, including the egg
>At least her minions got pretty, petite dress uniforms with a unicorn motif, so Bertramos was happier than a pig in shit while the Empire burned
>>
>>52374050
>Red (A Dorf Ranger, he had 14 int)
>Grug-Grug (Orc Barbarian)
>Onyx (Elf Rouge Assassian, Deadpool edge lord
>Frankalin Tesela (Alchemist with godly int at 1st level.
>Master Bates (why I don't invite girls to play)
>potato wrangler (another reason)
>ubiquitous (arrogant elf wizord that spoke in the third person, narrated everything, took trophies from monsters that he did not kill, broke the laws of magic on a regular basis.)
>Fat man (alchemist obsessed with large bombs)
>Drow fag (no explanation needed)
>Joseph Stallin' (Fighter built for crowd control and tripping)
> (Refused to give his name)
>a man/a woman/a boy/a girl (player was watching GoT.
>Alice matallice (loli robot builder, player got pissed after learning it would cost money to fix robots. Forgot them before getting on a boat. Bitched about it.
>>
Had a character based on MtG world Lorwin, he was actually a scarecrow turned into human. When asked about name he answered with this weird tongue sound when you snap with it like *tsocc*
So Tsocc was his name
>>
>>52374050
Do you mean PLAYER names, or CHARACTER names?
>>
>>52374050
A long time ago I joined a group with a character named randy Johnson, a nuwisha with heave-ho

In my current group is Taint Gundersen
>>
>>52390744
I'm a dumb faggot who can easily imitate you.
>>
>>52374050 James, the Sorcerer. Somehow still alive. Mermin, the magician. Melted in a pool of black dragon acid. Kenzaki(weeb af). Went back to Japan.
>>
I'm glad that this thread is still alive! Keep the fun times going. These names are golden, and it's fun killing time with you folks.

>>52416203
What is it about me posting that upsets you so much? Here, now I have a tripcode. I'm having fun still, how's your day going?

>>52414980
I'm not OP, but on that note, I don't think I've ever had anybody at my table with a strange given name. One person at my table did like to go by THE Techno-Raver (emphasis on the "THE" part, which he always said).
>>
For a one-shot:
>Magnus the Magus
>Razor the Ranger
>Saladin the Paladin
>Rich the Witch

The DM didn't notice until after the session was over.
>>
>>52416763
That's brilliant. Did you all get together to pull that one on your DM, or was it a huge coincidence?
Now I'm thinking of what names the other classes would have. Maybe Barry the Barbarian?

>>52413244
I've always wanted to run a M:tG game, and Lorwyn was one of the best settings they've ever used. How was that game? What system did you use?
>>
>>52416203
You are most certainly dumb and a faggot.
>>
>>52374050
>Hansel
What's wrong with this?
>>
File: 1436401251475.gif (1MB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1436401251475.gif
1MB, 800x533px
>>52374895
>hagrid the child snatcher
Christ my sides
>>
>>52416937
One of the characters in my game is named this, we call him Hans.
>>
GMing, made an NPC named an NPC with the name and title Lord Commander Sergei Strahdos, which the party heard and understood as Lord Commander Sir Guy for 2 sessions.

Made a bard named Chad Thundercock, after somebody mentioned it here once in a thread about waifus I think.
>>
More hilarity from my table:
>Goblina-player
>Descendent of Goblina's brother
>Another demented little girl, this time a Druid/Rogue (and later also a Stormlord)
>Named Miss Maim
>Has a scythe that she named Vorpal

>Much later in the campaign
>Starts a gang with a bunch of street urchins
>I give her complete control
>She moves them to the town that the party started that serves as the "character select screen" between stories, builds them a teapot-shaped HQ, and names her gang the Little Misses
>All of them have "Miss _____" -styled code names given by Little Miss Prime, A.K.A. Miss Maim
>Most of them are terrible puns
>Miss Spells (Rogue/Wizard)
>Miss Nomer (Gnome Illusionist)
>Miss Tick (Time- and clock-themed Shaman)
>They also serve tea in little maid outfits
>I think Goblin-player might be a lesbian
>>
>>52376159
Which is better, a Bard named Brad, or a Bard named Bart?
>>
>>52416879
>Did you all get together to pull that one on your DM, or was it a huge coincidence?

I realized that my character's name fit that pattern, then decided to go all-in on it and got everyone else to follow suit.

I figure that if you're going to make a pun, then go all the way. Don't half-ass it.
>>
a Thief
>Adam Smith, the Invisible Hand
>>
File: 1490048848942.jpg (53KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1490048848942.jpg
53KB, 500x700px
Lord admiral captain cappy TH slothicus high Lord of the fairies prime admasitor of the lathes conquer of secular V slayer of a thousands heresies the second
Fucking rogue traders
>>
Rob M. Blind, Nick Stuff, Enkog Nito, Dirt E. Deeds, Dundirt Cheap, all those other punny rogue and mercenary names.
>>
Is this the "is my name ok" thread?

I'm playing a Gnome bard called Dibble. He has other names, but everyone just calls him that. He's mostly incompetent, but keeps the story going.
>>
>>52374086
>>52374390

That's because thats how actual historical bynames work.
>>
>>52405160
That's amazing. Stories?
>>
>AZ
>PRONOUNCED ASS
>>
Justin Case, attorney at law.
>>
>>52419538
It sounds like every story involving Mr. Sneakman would be pretty much exactly the same.
>>
The rogues name was Trate N. Arrow.....
>>
Tad Disingenuous, confidence man.
>>
> Conan-like sword-and-sorcery game
> one PC makes a prince in shining armor; like out of Arthurian myth
> Name? Mario West
>>
>>52374050
Kitsune named Chewy (This was from a guy often shiting on nerd culture and thought that since he is playing d&d he should name his character after a star wars character)
Monk named Baka-chan (same guy as the kitsune)
Druid named Bear Jew
>>
>>52422340
And I haven't really come across great names
>>
>>52393883
Conandrew
Fredamir
Elronald
Elrichard
>>
A couple of months ago I was playing in a Pathfinder campaign, and my character died, so I put it up to a vote for what my next character would be.
The options were...
>Mr Skellington, the human necromancer who wishes he were a Lich
>Dirk Steadfast, the Elf who thinks he's a human and refuses to acknowledge any evidence to the contrary
>Twilight Sparkletail, the Kitsune sorceress who mistakenly believes that her magic comes from the power of friendship

They voted 2 for Twilight Sparkletail, 1 for Skellington, and 2 abstaining.
>>
>>52374050
Kraber Saskan Chengis. For a normal guy in New Mexico in the modern day. I don't know if this is the best or worst name.
>>
Some nutty names that I love from games I've played in (some mine, but most other players'):

Winkie (elf fighter/magic-user)
Velcro Rayon (human ranger)
Yll & Ylla -- elf brother and sister
Maximilian Von Rudebushe -- elf thief,
Snarf Von Stadnart (kobold witch-doctor/thief)
Zonfax Monmactor -- Hobgoblin Gladiator
Sir Richard Michael Noble -- human fighter, wannabe Knight/Paladin
Merlax -- Human wizard
Sir Shear -- Human fighter and sacrificer of his own offspring
"Snoopy" -- wizard, female disguised as male, dressed like a clown or harlequin
Vicar -- elf cleric/ranger
>>
Morbius tiefling mage necromacer
>nobody told him wizarda cant cast resurrect
>>
>Dorotea the Paladin (everyone just called her Dora)
>John (wanted to be edgy and mysterious, but everyone just kept forgetting his name)
>Ragazzo (was a dragon shaman, everyone thought he was a clown)
>>
>William Slate
>Real name was William Alistair, but changed it after avenging his family, getting a 'Clean slate'

Is that good?
>>
>Amadeus Vult, Religious zealot
>>
>>52374068
I had a Barnaby in a campaign once. Half-orc Paladin we sent on a diplomatic mission with City-Lord.
Instead of brokering an alliance he kidnapped the mayor and started a chain of events which destroyed one of the pivotal Trading ports in the Kingdom.

In hindsight, never send a half-orc on a diplomatic mission, no matter how civilized he normally acts.
>>
>>52374050
I'm going to run a OYW Gundam game using Battle Century G. I want the PCs' squad to be filled with NPCs who's whole purpose is to die during the first session. How are these for some cringe-tier, Tomino-esque names?
Roth Scheirt
Tod Flaggan
Hank 'Mook' Mann
Ross Guildenstern
>>
>chet awesomelazer
Travelling performer who tried to use prestidigitation to impress people. He also died trying to bluff a noble out of death.

he also happened to be the only one not afraid to go off the rails
>>
>>52429925
You're doing well
>>
>>52374050
Mai-Rhee Soo, who was one of my most well-rounded and developed characters in a Star Wars campaign we did, interestingly enough.
>>
I mostly make characters with obnoxious foreign names such as:

Elmo Maarschalkerweerd (used this name for 3 different characters by now)
Heijndrick Tuygertgen
Giuseppe Rossi (a bad pepe reference that fortunately no one caught on to)
Brandt Bruy Koning (A bad reference to B.B. King that fortunately no one caught on)
Zdeslav Giger, the 14th viscount of Rensselaer (a bad reference to two surrealist painters that people probably caught on to, but never brought up)
>>
>>52374050
Named a Techpriest Grun Duram Penna.
>>
Pædar MacGilleMhartainn, a gnome dirgesinger that once killed half an army in one song, followed by completely breaking the mind and spirit of an orc barbarian.
>>
>>52374050
Brokenop.

No, really. On a filthy homebrew class too. At least he was honest about it...?
>>
>>52374895
To be fair, have you SEEN what racehorse names are like? Go look up the Happy Valley records, seriously.
>>
after reading through this thread I'm feeling an urge to roll an orc barbarian named Brick Outhouse
>>
James Dio, a kung fu priest in a modern supernatural detective campaign.

Philip LuPacchi, a mage who uses magic rings and a gun sword to fight monsters in a post apocalyptic campaign
>>
>>52411966
>I've heard that there are lots of Eastern European names that have a similar theme, although I'm not worldly-enough to know why.
*ov or *ovsky roughly means "son of." Ivan Ivanov translates to "Ivan, son of Ivan"
>>
>>52374050
source on image?
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.