[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not even gonna ask for advice I just want to vent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Ijustliteralygoogledwitch.jpg (10KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
Ijustliteralygoogledwitch.jpg
10KB, 251x201px
I've got an old DnD friend from High School. Now that we're all in college and my social phobic ass couldn't ask to join a game where I am if someone put a gun to my head. So my pal says he'll make an online game for me to play and bring some friends along.

When he throws together the sheet for the rules of the setting its a ASOIF low-fantasy witch hunting style game. Humans only, no arcane or divine spellcasting. Not my style, I'm more of a "Lizardfolk Druid atop his Pet T-rex" kinda guy, but hey, he's running a campaign just so I can play, I'm just gonna go along with it.

So I suit up with a Human Bloodrager (I'm keeping my powers hidden) and get ready to do this with the two other people who managed to join. He throws us into a dungeon and says we'll fight witches.

It takes about three rounds of combat before we're making throws to stay conscious and hauling ass outta there. He says we'll try again next week and that we should have been prepared.

I flipped out. I feel bad about it because it was more complicated than I can get out, but whatever.

We try again and again, making a total of five attempts between four sessions. He's only been ramping up the challenges, because nearly dying to two burning hands wasn't enough, and I'm honestly flabbergasted.

I told him that if we don't succeed at this next game I'm done. I wanted to play some D&D, not smash my head against a brick wall and wait a week for the privilege to do it again.
>>
So he started us at Level 3, like I said no Arcane or Divine spellcasters (which pretty much leaves us with Psychic as our only choice, we're playing Pathfinder). He told me today that the dungeon is CR5, which a party of level 3s should be able to handle.

Thing is though it's literally all witches and we're completely without a full spellcaster, and there's two of us. I feel like he's chopping off our legs and telling us we should be able to run away.
>>
>>52370936

Dude, this is a witch-hunting game. You're mundanes hunting witches. You are obviously going to take it up the ass. If you're not up for that, this might not be the game for you.

Have you tried something more OSR? Like, laying traps, using poisoned weapons and so on?
>>
>>52370936
>CR5
>Level 3
>Pathfinder
>No magic for PCs but magic for monsters

Hmm, yeah, that's gonna fuck up the CR calculations quite a bit, I would imagine.

Tell him he has to adjust CRs if he's gonna homebrew PF like that.

Or, as >>52371086 said, go all OSR-sneaky on your GM. Find the location of one witch and cut her throat while she's sleeping. Witches do have to sleep, you know. Refuse to go in the dungeon, if there is one. Poison the people you suspect are helping the witches. Fuck his shit up.
>>
OP here

>>52371204
So he's homebrewing a lot of our opponents (and is expecting us to be familiar with their weaknesses, go figure), what we're fighting now is undead and actually does not sleep. PLUS all we've been doing is dungeon diving, with the witches only appearing when they want to appear. We will never have the element of surprise.

To clarrify, each session starts with us standing in front of the dungeon and ends with us nearly out of health back outside the dungeon. Then he packs up and we wait for the next round.

>>52371086
God, I would love to do another campaign. Like I said this is a whole thing he's doing because I told him I've been unable to join another group. There's a whole complicated emotional bit to this situation between the two of us.

I sent him a pretty long message that basically amounts to "This is really hard, you've given us no sympathy despite attempting 5 times, I don't want to quit but I don't know what else to do." He's asleep right now so we'll wait and see.

Honestly the two of us have been able to talk out issues before. He has pretty staunchly defended this one, I'm hopefully going to be able to find some middle ground or something with him tomorrow.
>>
>>52371502

> Like I said this is a whole thing he's doing because I told him I've been unable to join another group.

This is honestly your big problem. You simply don't play well with others, it sounds like - If you can't find another group, the problem's really with you.
>>
>>52371528
I can't find a group because I'm terrified to talk to people. That's a whole nother can of worms. Still the root of the problem, but it's not like I'm flabbergasted because everyone else has been kicking me out.

He and I are both from an old High School group and I got along swimmingly with others for a good three years.
>>
>>52371584
Why do you keep getting kicked out Anon?
I also have social anxiety but I've been in four groups for the last three years.
>>
>>52371584
fuck me i know this problem like the back of my hand
i also live in fucking malta so dnd groups are a diamond in the rough.
is there a cure for this anon?
>>
>>52373141
OP said he hasn't been getting kicked out. Reread his post.
>>
>>52373177
>Malta
You might get this a lot, but holy shit that sounds fucking beautiful
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.