[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The anti-murderhobo chest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Flintlock.jpg (17KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
Flintlock.jpg
17KB, 640x427px
Upon opening a chest that you believe to be filled with gold you instead find that it has a most fiendishly clever device. When you open it, your opening releases a pin which causes a springloaded mechanism to strike a steel plate with a flint crystal at speed, which ignites a set of oil soaked bags which are stuffed with about eighty kilograms of gunpowder and a bunch of lead balls. The device works as intended and the chest explodes with a spray of splinters, lead balls and fire.
>>
Allright Mr GM, who hurt you?
>>
>>52367555

If you need any anti-murderhobo traps and tricks, simply read "Tomb of Horrors".
>>
>>52367555
So to train your mice to avoid the cheese, you poison their water?
>>
File: judging.png (75KB, 348x301px) Image search: [Google]
judging.png
75KB, 348x301px
>>52367555
You're not punishing murderhobos for their behavior, you're being a random dick without context to their actions.
>>
>>52367555
Good thing I'm a good sneak-thief and have checked the chest and disabled the device, and even if not my good reflex save probably saves me from a decent chunk of the damage.
>>
>>52367555
Wouldn't randomly killing the players' characters just make them less willing to devote the time and effort to building a connection between their character and your plot/NPCs (given it might be so easily snatched away) and turning away from heedless murder?
>>
The rogue aces his save as always and the bard brings him back from the -something with a spiteful healing word.
>>
>>52367555
Eh, I have Evasion.
>>
>>52367864
It's the same schtick as GM's who want to create stakes in their campaigns by murdering your NPC's for the sake of drama.

Lazily done to punish behavior that they find obscene even though it's rather innocuous and inspires players to create bad habits to counter their bullshit like a self-fulfilling prophecy.
>>
>>52367775
The GM said no save. You died bro. Also you can't disable the device either because you don't know shit about gunpowder
>>
>>52369672
As a thief, you would probably have some experience with spring-loaded traps and pins, even if you don't know what gun-powder is.

Also, if you're going to throw a no-save insta-kill against your players, even when it would make sense to give them the roll, you're a shit DM, no exceptions.

Like even Tomb of Horrors allowed you to bypass most traps if you were smart enough to think outside the box.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>52367555
Let's disarm this bitch.
>>
>>52369672
I smash the crate apart and withstand all damage through virtue of being a barbarian with more hitpoints than common sense.
>>
>>52369829
[Click]
You think that whatever you just did worked out.
>>
File: 1478319279713.jpg (11KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
1478319279713.jpg
11KB, 256x197px
>>52367555
>fiendishly clever
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.