[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making Iron Hands successors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1274.jpg (463KB, 782x1030px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1274.jpg
463KB, 782x1030px
So I've bought the Start Collecting! Space Marines kit and I need some help with figuring a paint scheme for iron hands successors, a name would be cool too since I've only drawn blanks. I've thought up a back story for them too and I'll tell you guys if you want.
>>
>>52364678
Try silver and and navy blue. Either that or some shade of dim green.
>>
>>52364678
>I've thought up a back story for them too and I'll tell you guys if you want.

Should've included it in the OP.
>>
>>52364678
Post your story OP.
>>
>>52364944
And give unwanted exposition? Anyways

The chapter and its world was decimated almost to the last man by (haven't decided but I'm thinking nids), but before that they called out to the iron hands who promptly ignored them. The ones who actually cared enough was the AdMech who swooped in and saved the day, after the chapter master pledged the chapter to the AdMech in thanks. As a present for doing this, the AdMech gave the chapter a legion of skitarii with all the fun stuff that goes with it. They are low in number but supplement this with skitarii and servitors.

I really like space marines and skitarii so I combined the two as more than allies. I intend for the SM and the skitarii to share a paint scheme.
>>
>>52365630
>The ones who actually cared enough was the AdMech who swooped in and saved the day, after the chapter master pledged the chapter to the AdMech in thanks.

Read as:
The ones who actually cared enough was the AdMech who swooped in and saved the day. After, the chapter master pledged the chapter to the AdMech in thanks.
>>
>>52364921
I was thinking of a dark blue with a red trim.
>>
>>52364678

Sons of Medusa you faggot
>>
>>52367349
Well, shit. That's a blow to my pride.
>>
You want to be careful with "pledged the chapter to the AdMech in thanks." Do it too formally and it could fall afoul of the Inquisition. But the story makes sense otherwise; all the Iron Hands successors are pretty close to the Adeptus Mechanicus (in Horus Heresy games they can take Mechanicum automata as troops) and yours are now even closer.

Given that the Sons of Medusa are bright green, it's clear that you have a lot of freedom. (The Red Talons are the other most prominent IH successor and they're red.) Most people pick a color first and then choose a chapter based on that... you really don't have any preferences? Blues, greens, and purples tend to be easier to shade and highlight.

May want to keep a metallic gray in there somewhere... but you'll also want a warm spot color for contrasts in small quantities.
>>
>>52367913
But the inquisition has to be careful to not run afoul of the AdMech. If the inq one day pissed of the AdMech too much ships would just start falling apart and inquisititors would be assasinated by servitors. In battle for the abyss, the fabricator gen. Blew up a small moon with a servitor.

No I don't really have preferences for colors and lead beltcher with some red color would be interesting to try.
>>
>>52365630
The AdMech tend to hate xenos technosorcery, so it might be fluffier to have the chapter almost wiped out by a race like Tau or Orks, whose tech is an affront to the Omnissiah.
Tyranids, being all biological are less of a relevant faction in that regard
Necrons are often temporarily worshipped by Techs priests, in the brief period of time before getting gauss flayed.
Just some thoughts I had
On the subject of names, a few anons occasionally post a chapter name roller in a create a chapter thread, Does anyone have that?
>>
>>52368001
>No I don't really have preferences for colors and lead beltcher with some red color would be interesting to try.
Here's a Red Talon contemptor dreadnought for you to try to not copy.
>>
File: Red Talons.png (2MB, 907x1119px) Image search: [Google]
Red Talons.png
2MB, 907x1119px
>>52370043
Here's also a Heresy-era Red Talon dread, in case you try to not copy the reverse scheme :^)
>>
>>52370043
I think a deep red, like the kind on techpriests, with a metallic trim. Or vice versa having full metal and red trim.
>>
>>52369948
Stygies VIII loves xenos tech, and it gets them into trouble every now and again, it would be a good choice for OP
>>
File: beyond the veil.png (18KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
beyond the veil.png
18KB, 201x281px
>>52364678
OP if you want to steal my chapter's idea, I've already come up with an idea for an Iron Hands successor based on Horus Heresy fluff.

>The Petrified were formed in M32 during the invasion of the Beast by a renegade Iron Hands Iron Father known as "Charon". Believing all was lost, Charon turned one of the great keys and activated one of the fabled "Vaults of Hel", Iron Hands killed during the events of the Horus Heresy, but resurrected as pure machines with almost all of their organic tissue gone. Although deemed heretical by the Iron Hands and even Ferrus Manus himself, Charon believed it a necessary act of evil to preserve the Imperium.

>Since then sightings of the so-called Petrified have been sparse, striking the Imperium's foes in their hour of need and crippling the enemy with cold precision before slipping back into the void. Inquisitorial investigations believe these undead cyborgs drift above the galactic plane, diving into the sea below when prey is sighted. No specimen of the Petrified has ever been discovered, and it is believed the corpses are merely resuscitated with further modification upon expiring.

>Finis Enim Justificari
>>
>>52370399
Fair enough, I'm doing Lucius, so I've not paid much attention beyond the general. I'm not OP, but I'm considering admech/iron hands.
>>
>>52371836
>robo-astarties
I bet the necrons are confused by them
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.