[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k Weapon Idea: Meltaflamer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (94KB, 576x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 576x396px
Basically, it takes the best traits of the melta and flamer to create a terrifying new weapon of fiery destruction

Template S8 AP1 Assault 1 Melta Torrent

You roll the melta die if the template is 6" or less away from firer, since torrent is 12"
>>
>>52362694
The problem is that flamers and meltas don't actually work on the same in-universe principles.

Meltas might be radiation-guns, or they may be heat guns turned up to MAXIMUM FUCK, or they may be un-contained plasma weapons that lose coherency quite quickly.

What you are looking for is something that is basically armor-eating Phosphex.
>>
>>52362694

You know what I find surprising that is missing? Fire Swords. I mean literally there are few to no weapons that are just set alight with prometheum.

I was looking back in the archieves and saw a custom Soroitas chapter that specialized in CQC and it got me to thinking having spears and swords with super heated blades would be perfect.

And you can do it in one of two ways:

1. The cheap version where it's more like the fire sword from Fallout

2. The blade super-heats until it's red/white hot making a poor man's power sword of sorts next to whatever that special metal was introduce in DH.
>>
>>52362826
I guess it could spray a substance that superheats everything nearby. Basically bring a flamer that shoots meltaguns in liquid form.
>>
>>52362857
Flaming weapons are typically just Power Weapons with modified containment units. As such, 99% of the time they'd be identical to a regular Power Weapon at the practical level.
>>
>>52362694
You just described the guns that the Salamander Pyroclasts use is in 30k. Mind you, they're guns so complicated/finely made/advanced that they needed a Primarch to design them. So they stop being made shortly after he dies.
>>
>>52362857
Tau Farsight Enclaves have the Fusion Blade which is basically a fire sword.
>>
>>52362857

C:SM Burning Blade relic
Guilliman's Emperor's Sword
>>
>>52362694

Already exists. Salamanders pyroclasts use them.
>>
>>52363035
Except you can't hit an access point to cook the passengers and then blow up the vehicle to kill the stragglers, or land D3 meltagun hits on overwatch against charging walkers.
>>
>>52364338
Why would any walker in the history of 40k no matter how superheavy charge someone with such a weapon?
>>
>>52364461
>Orks
>Not charging something
I don't care what kind of gun it is, a Deff Dread/Killa Kan/Stompa will probably charge it.
>>
>>52362694
Sisters don't need more ways to cook people from close range. If anything, they need stuff like Meltabomb missiles that they can use from a longer range.
>>
>>52364758
I just chose pic related cause it shows a flameresque wave of melta. The meltaflamer doesn't have to be faction specific.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.