[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I make the next meme game like Secret Hitler and make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Secret hitler.png (701KB, 906x638px) Image search: [Google]
Secret hitler.png
701KB, 906x638px
How do I make the next meme game like Secret Hitler and make tens of thousands of dollars?
>>
Being creative and putting time and effort towards a project, looking at existing games and learning from them, and by thinking for yourself and not createing threads just to shit on a free game. If you actually hoped someone could give you an easy answer, you're probably retarded, and I'm sorry for you.
>>
>>52358187
I just wanted to make fun of Secret Hitler, because it was more successful as a result of marketing as opposed to mechanics.
>>
>>52358203
also everyone likes to be hitler
>>
>>52358203
Have you played Secret Hitler though? It has pretty great mechanics. The theme is just dressing, although a very effective one.
Shame it needs at least 8 people to be enjoyable though.
>>
>>52358158
secret hitler is not a meme game, it's just a very good upgrade to mafia/wearwolf games. You want to make something as good? Take a popular game, try to fix the flaws of it while at the same time giving it a fresh spin
>>
>>52358357
>>52358313
Werewolf is too political.
It's a "pick who loses" games.
Those games are never very good.
>>
wasn't the "this game shit" backlash come from it basically copying wholesale some other mafia style card game? like it's basically cards against humanity 2, in that it's just an "adult" redo of an already existing game
>>
If any of us know, we wouldn't tell you. We'd make the game ourselves, or at least tell someone who agrees to share the profit.
>>
>>52358158
Cash into the current political situation by making a spiritual successor, "Secret mexican".
>>
>>52358452
It's from the same studio.
It just effectively has reverse Merlin as the central gimmick.
>>
>>52358203
secret hitler has great mechanics for its genre though. you can have both marketing and good gameplay
>>
File: Frodo.jpg (44KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
Frodo.jpg
44KB, 400x399px
>>52358467
Is the gimmick of the Secret Mexican that it can steal the job of any other person?
>>
>>52358468
what
>>
>>52358474
Cards against humanity has great mechanics "for its genre".
Do you enjoy playing it?
>>
>>52358452
non of that. It's a very well done twist on mafia with some extra mechanics that play well into the game and arnt just something you homebrew out after 1-2 games, plus very little rng. The main reason this had a backlash is because youtubers liked it a lot and played a lot of it, which is unsuprisng because it's a good game
>>
File: ss (2017-03-25 at 08.38.20).jpg (67KB, 860x173px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-03-25 at 08.38.20).jpg
67KB, 860x173px
>>52358483
Reverse Merlin.
Did you not notice this while playing?
>>
>>52358486
Yes. The only issue is it has no replay value, because of an inherent limit to that style of cardgame. You start getting duplicates after two or three gamesz even with a ton of expansions. Secret Hitler has no such problem, due to the more complex mechanics offering more variety, and the political aspect, of trying to fool other players
>>
>>52358540
cards agients humanity has a lot of replay value, the secret is to play it whem compleatly drunk. Im not joking, this was our go to party game for a while because we would start to play it after 4-5 beers, making it funny againe
>>
>>52358187
fpbp
>>
>>52358442
>t. friendless neckbeard
>>
>>52358554
CAH is the boardgame equivalent of toilet humor.
>>
>>52358638
yup, thats why it;s the perfect drunk game, because when you are drunk you dont want to play the same things as when you are sober
>>
>>52358638
Half the game IS toilet humor and it never lies about being so.
It's not a deep enriching game, it's a fun setup-less turn based dickjoke .
>>
The concept is simple. Take an already familiar type of game, mix it up a little, fix mechanical hurdles to make it more fun, give it a layer of paint.

The execution is hard.
>>
>>52358158
>Turn "everyone is john" into a card game (black card with white text obv.)
>Make "john" an intersex biracial aromantic with heterochromia.
>Don't actually make the game, just make a video with a bunch of idiots laughing... Maybe allude to an eventual app.
>post kickstarter
>never deliver final product
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.