[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 362
Thread images: 82

File: 1486587710548.png (1MB, 1000x740px) Image search: [Google]
1486587710548.png
1MB, 1000x740px
New thunderhawk incoming edition

>previous thread

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
>>52345762
>posts gay anime op
>>
Do we have the rules for shadow war armegeddon yet?
>>
Now that people are actually running fucking CSM units again, I expect more people have painted ones. Show me your CSM bros, the normal traitor tacticals are my favorite mans both model and fluffwise.
>>
>>52345882
Not yet
>>
File: IMG_20170128_224927746~3.jpg (414KB, 1524x1926px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170128_224927746~3.jpg
414KB, 1524x1926px
>>52346081
Am I kawaii, Fulgrim-senpai?
>>
>>52346184
where is that mutant arm from?
>>
>>52346217
Mantic's Dreadball Extreme's plague team. I used a lot of bits from it to do a similar possessed squad. Unfortunately I'm not at home to take photos of them though
>>
>>52346113
Thanks.
>>
>>52345762

Damn you Anon

Now I want to see Sailor Moon fight Abaddon
>>
File: 865354_md-Chaos.jpg (49KB, 800x718px) Image search: [Google]
865354_md-Chaos.jpg
49KB, 800x718px
>>52346081
>>
>>52346081
As-yet unpained because I'm a modelling autist and a very mediocre painter.
>>
File: forrest.jpg (24KB, 195x232px) Image search: [Google]
forrest.jpg
24KB, 195x232px
>>52346398
Run forrest, run!
>>
>>52346256

Think they will release Mortarion?
>>
File: 1315486838085.jpg (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1315486838085.jpg
29KB, 400x400px
>>52346529
>tfw it was inspired by the exo-suits in STALKER but I like the idea of it being a leg brace for dicky bionics
>>
>>52346632
I still like it, it's cute
>>
File: tinyhospitaller.jpg (20KB, 236x334px) Image search: [Google]
tinyhospitaller.jpg
20KB, 236x334px
Been playing dozens of games mostly as sisters over the last month on tabletop sim, with 3 friends. They mostly play Ultramarines, Death Guard, and Dark Angels with the occasional Eldar, Tau, Alpha Legion, Nids, Blood Angels, Orks, and Khorne Daemonkin. I want to say some shit and have people tell me if I any of the conclusions I have reached are bullshit, or only worked due to our meta or my luck, I want to make an army out of actual real models and don't want to make a shitty one. I've won about half my games, and we usually play 1v1v1.

>Canoness should be either blank to fulfill HQ or +eternal warrior, 4+inv, eviscerator.
>If you want to go cheap, consider Veridyan instead.
>Celestine is cool as shit until you try to melee a LoW bigger than her or anything with 2+ armor. Good at tank hunting.

>5 sister squad with heavy bolter is good.
>Adding a flamer is okay sometimes.
>20 sister squad with nothing is also good. Or a second AoF is k.

>Command Squads can go 4-5 heavy flamer or 4-5 multi-melta but not much else is worth doing.
>Hospitaller is optional but good, unless against S6.
>5 condemnors+psyocculum inquis is hilarious if you are against psykers, unless it is magnus.
>You can make a really expensive melee command squad and cry when they die because T3 I3 and do nothing anyway because S3.
>Celestians are pointless

>Repentia are T3 I3 and S6 after eviscerator with only a 6++ and get a feel no pain AoF in melee that gets ignored constantly. Not worth.
>Don't forget their grenades if you do take them though.
>Priests help but only 50% of the time because Ld 7 for war hymns and 15 points to bypass that.

>Dominions can only really take 4 melta and outflank, but demolish one unit before dying. Savvy opponent will not place anything within range of table edge though.
>Seraphim can fix that by deep striking with inferno but are really expensive, can mishap, or land out of range. Not worth.
>Basic seraphim still good for capping and are decent in melee.

cont.
>>
>>52346714
>Immolators with flamers for Dominions, multi-melta for everyone else.
>Storm bolter on every immolator to protect against inevitable weapon destroyed. Same for exorcists.

>4 heavy bolter retribs is 100 points. An exorcist is 125. You have 3 slots.
>Exorcists will annihilate anything they fire at unless you roll a 1-2.
>They will also be lascannoned, deep striked, vindicare'd, strafed, and flanked turn 2 every game after that.

>Penitent Engines are really dangerous if they get in melee. Two heavy flamers followed by six S10 ap2 attacks (though at I3).
>Only 1 out of every 3 will get into melee due to how fucking fragile and slow they are without the option for deep strike
>Still projects an aura of "don't fucking come near me" though

>Forgeworld Avengers are the coolest shit and really good. Also the only way you will get to fire at things in the sky without fortifications/allies/lucky immolator shot.

Overall shit I learned:

>Never try to melee unless you want to tie someone down who can't get through power armor or will get charged anyway.
>Never take Repentia.
>Always go for the 5++ invuln trait.
>Basic bitch is 12 points for 3+/6++ with a bolter. Good shit, if you have enough of them.
>You can take bolter+bolt pistol on squad leaders
>Vestal's re-roll 1's on saves for a turn is garbage, ObSec is better.
>Depending on who you are against, your choice between flamers or meltas could decide the entire match. These are basically your only two choices so there is no in between but you can bring a lot of both, and then you just have to apply them correctly and hope you have enough of the right one.
>The only weapons you have that can hit 24" and be threatening are multi-melta, exorcist, and the avenger. Either get close or focus on those plus allies.
>Taking three exorcists under 1500 makes people mad.
>You can't afford an avenger in real life.
>Vindicares are your friend.
>6++ saves save vehicles constantly. Don't fucking forget them.
>>
>>52346714
The lack of complete armies on TTS triggers my autism. How do you do it?
>>
>>52346398
PRIME IT
will look dope tho
>>
I just made some greenstuff-modified mk3 plague marines and now theyre releasing new models. ow.

Also are Renegade knights battle brothers with both CSM and Orkz? Thinking of getting the double kit for an Ork and CSM knight if thats the case maybe.
>>
Does a formation need a dataslate in order to be fielded outside of a decurion? (ie: say I wanted to field the KDK War Engine formation in a Chaos Space Marines army, would I be able to do that?)
>>
>>52346958
they're allies of convenience for orks
>>
>>52347046
ree
>>
How heretical of me would it be to convert the ravenwing bikes from dark vengeance into imperial fist bikes?

I don't want to have to buy another box this close to 8E.
>>
>>52347130
what, does your meta only allow battle brothers? AOC is fine. Not like orks have any buffs they could use on the knight anyway
>>
>>52347131
theyre a bit too fancy for imperial fists but you could probably make it work
>>
>>52347141
I'd feel bad lobbing off the wings though, would it be too tacky to leave them on?
>>
>>52347131

>>52347131

Ravenwing bikes are great for captains and chapter masters on bikes since they're the only ones that have any amount of detail and accessories.
>>
>>52347152
I didn't think of that, I suppose it could save me buying a chaplain and use one of them instead. I could just cut off an arm and use a power fist.

Where to put the crozius though....
>>
File: RW3.jpg (228KB, 792x409px) Image search: [Google]
RW3.jpg
228KB, 792x409px
>>52347150
i mean with a bit of cutting and converting it could work
>>
>>52346714
One note,

BSS with HF,F and/or Combi-Flamer in Immolator are the best thing you have.

HB, SB x2 are only good in 10+ (ideally 20) sitting on an objective

Unless you know before hand you'll need meltaguns in your BSS just go for the HF+F

Repressor + Melta Dominions mitigante the smart opponent not leaving shit on the side. That front 13 helps a lot.

Repressor with Ret or command squads with HF are funny enough to take.

PE need 6 models in order to work. Anything less than that is tempting fate.

Castellans allows 6 Heavy support. So 6 PE and 3 Exorcist is possible. Also PE with hatred are pure sex
>>
>>52347170
Oooh pretty.

I like this >>52347152
idea though, I can use one for a librarian and one for a chaplain, save the other for when I have another HQ that needs a bike.

THANKS /TG/
>>
File: 20170313021937_1.jpg (572KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170313021937_1.jpg
572KB, 1920x1080px
>>52346919
I do stuff like use the SoB DoW1 air superiority fighter model and just call it an avenger, though you could use an IG bomber. And then have names on basic units denote what equipment they have if there is no model with it or if it differs from the model like "Exorcist with Storm Bolter". You might have to do stuff like call chainswords powerswords or bolters storm bolters but you usually don't have to go too far, and as long your opponent and you know what it is it all works. The fact that you can stat a model to tell you what it has on mouseover helps a lot.

It's not perfect, especially if you play SoB or DEldar since they are lacking a lot of basic stuff, but you can make it work. If you play space marines/IG/Tau/CSM then 99% of the variants you want have a model already, probably even in different colors and styles. Eldar have a few as well. Every army has most of its models at least, and there is a discord community for TTS that has a lot of modders and artists and modelers who are shitting out stuff about every day now. They recently began 3d scanning models and uploading them.
>>
File: 1460852795674.jpg (195KB, 1280x1446px) Image search: [Google]
1460852795674.jpg
195KB, 1280x1446px
>>52346529
I like this a lot. Now paint your fukken shit or all your work was worthless. Prime black, Leadbelcher spray, recess wash nuln oil, hit the flat areas with runefang steel or ironbreaker. Edge highlight stormhost silver. Get some tamiya 6mm modeling tape off amazon for like 5 bucks. Use it to paint all yer stripes. Fill in the details. You've got this. Iron within.
>>
>>52346930
I still have to strap a meltagun to his bolter (there's a heavily-converted flamer slung under the chainsword on the other arm), and I'm not 100% happy with his axe yet. In the very least want to file down the cog and replace it with something Chaos-themed. Maybe add some spiky bits to the spine of the blade.

>this mini is over 15 years old and has gone through numerous incarnations over the years and inevitably got shelved with each edition of fuckery from GW
Poor bastard has never even seen table time. Always playing second fiddle to old reliable, the twin Lightning Claw Lord that was formerly intended to be a Chaos Lieutenant for smaller games.
>>
File: Iron Warriors Pics 015.jpg (636KB, 2032x1354px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Warriors Pics 015.jpg
636KB, 2032x1354px
>>52347215
A billion years ago I created a custom basecoat (equal parts Boltgun Metal to Black Ink, with a drop of dishwashing liquid to break surface tension and help the two mix) that airbrushed on in a really nice dark titanium colour. Would Leadbelcher and Nuln Oil be the modern equivalents?

Way ahead of you on the Tamiya tape, picked up some 3mm for exactly this reason.
>I'm not going to let the potential AoS 8th Edition rob my motivation, it's already happened twice before over ten years, I WILL finish this fucking army!
>>
>>52347307
Oh if you're going for a -very- dark metal, leadbelcher and boltgun metal are equivalents. Actually leadbelcher is a bit darker inherently. You can darken it if you hit the whole thing with nuln oil (a black wash) but Id mix it with lahmian medium or equivalent thinner to keep it from drying in uneven blotches on the flat armor surfaces. That'll be a bit of extra work though so decide how how you like the look of standard leadbelcher with dark recesses first before you take on additional effort.
>>
>>52346774
>>52346714

Sisters vet with 10+ years of irl experience here.

The cannoness either goes full ham, or not at all, especially with IA. You vs. Take priests for a cheap mandatory HQ now. I swear by Combi-plas and Evicerator myself.

That leads me to the command squad. Combi-plas+flamers and hospi are a real thing to try out as a group for your canoness. The combi is nice for when you disembark and can't charge anyway.

Props for the blob. That was my favorite thing back in the WH Codex. Currently. It's less than optimal, but can be painful to the msu style of game by sheer math.

You didn't mention Seraphim, and that makes me sad. They're my favorite unit and can really down units in wounds on faith turn.

I've found that 2 exos and 1 Ret is a good ratio.
>>
File: 20170324144710_1.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170324144710_1.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
>>52347190
I probably should have included an example. Pic related. it's on the workshop

>>52347174
For some reason I had not thought to try flamer sisters with a melta transport. Pretty balanced option. Will have to try that. I've always done HB and had them sit on points.

I also didn't even consider the repressor for dominions due to the lack of multi-melta but of course dominions don't need one on their ride so I'm just retarded.

I have done heavy flamer command squad on a repressor and killed a few hundred points of units in one turn which was amazing. Never tried it again for some reason though.

Last game I played was a for fun 1000pt pure repentia/priests + three pairs of penitent engines list against CSM. I had one penitent engine left at the end but I tabled my opponent turn 4. It was pretty great. Though he didn't bring much anti-tank.

I'm always wary of castellans due to the list of possible units being weird, like how it has command squads under HQ instead of elite. Though now that I think of it I could take command squads instead of real HQs and be fine, or even better than fine. Did they ever FAQ that?

You expanded my list of possible tactics a decent bit, and it was lacking. Thanks.

>>52347457
I mentioned seraphim, but only a little bit, as I ran out of space. I really love them though, they're fun and cool as fuck and I would kill to be able to stick my canoness with them. I'm always kind of wary of combi-weapons but I always have an intense desire to try more plasma on my sisters.
>>
>>52346541
>Think they will release Mortarion?

Gw showed him in a teaser like 2 days ago.
>>
Sup, /tg/. I'm considering integrating Focal Points into 40k as a secondary objective to certain missions. Basically in addition to the objectives you'd have ground you had to hold.

At the end of either each turn or the game, you score 1 point or the objective's worth for having the most points worth of units within range of the focal point.

I can't decide if it should be a 6 inch radius or a 12 inch, if it should be turn-by-turn or end of game, and I'm also worried as to who this would inordinately benefit.

I feel like this gives a lot to drop pod space marines? But on the other hand, it's fairly easy to out-point cost the drop pod.

It'd also give a weird, but good reason to take things like mork/gorkanauts.
>>
>>52347451
Leadbelcher on its own will be too bright so I'll try darkening it with Nuln Oil prior to spraying like I did with my older minis. Some more Nuln in the deep recesses and heavy drybrushing with the lightest amount of paint with a really bright silver like Humbrol #11 gets a nice shaded effect, and you can create interesting contrasts by working areas that will pick up lots of paint like bionics, while leaving flat armour segments mostly alone.
>>
File: IF army - 1850pts.jpg (751KB, 1800x2403px) Image search: [Google]
IF army - 1850pts.jpg
751KB, 1800x2403px
Did I spend too much on dedicated anti air in this?

Or in general are there any big mistakes?

Termilibs go in the LR, other one goes with LCdevs for prescience.

termlibs are going for invis/veil of time
>>
>>52347525

>>>52347457 (You)
>I mentioned seraphim, but only a little bit, as I ran out of space. I really love them though, they're fun and cool as fuck and I would kill to be able to stick my canoness with them.
That's how it was back in the day. No one knows why they took away the canoness's jump pack, but she was a faith monster back then. I actually fluffed my order based on the loss of my old jump canoness.

>I'm always kind of wary of combi-weapons but I always have an intense desire to try more plasma on my sisters.
I started using combi-plasma because of Centurions, but fell in love with the combi-plas+flamer squad from its first use. It fills a niche that melta can't, which is multi-wound T5 units. Exorcists are nice, but are always target #1 and wildly unreliable.
>>
>>52347794
> Six men in that one dev squad
> Powerfist on the chaplain
> Centurion Assault Squad, ever
> Chainsword and boltgun on that one sarge
> Shield Eternal on one random-ass librarian
> 2 stalkers instead of 3

These are the things that I find questionable here.
>>
File: ynnari list.png (136KB, 880x946px) Image search: [Google]
ynnari list.png
136KB, 880x946px
Downcheesed my list a bit, 3 tanks felt overkill for 1250

Do you think this would be fun to play/play against in a fairly relaxed meta?
>>
>>52347846
Ablative wound, I can't afford two
Powerfist because of angel of sacrifice guaranteeing at least one hit
I like the model
Chainsword should be a pistol, I must have misclicked
He's going to be stuck in, and doesn't have EW. Does he not need it? Would a storm shield suffice?
I didn't want to spend more on AA than necessary, is there a big bonus in taking 3?

Ty for criticism
>>
>>52347888
I guess, yeah.
A storm shield would be fine on that one librarian.
And having 3 Stalkers gives you Ignores Cover, which is huge on anti-air. Anything in the air can jink, full stop. Jink is how they survive, and Ignores Cover strips it from them.
>>
>>52347931
Ok, I will change that. If I drop the devastator, go with storm shield, and add a stalker that leaves me at 15 points over. Should I get rid of the deathwind launcher?

I am not completely against not using the centurions, however I really want to use my damn librarians!

And I only have one non-terminator model, so I need something termylike to stick them with.

I am open to ideas on that.

I suppose I could go with bikes and use a ravenwing bike to say "Oh that's a librarian"... twice. Is that better than centurions?
>>
>>52347931
How good is jink really? 4+ cover is strong but snap shooting seems pretty debilitating for most flyers. My friend who plays Elysians rarely uses it as Valkyries etc. are the big guns and can't afford to lose a turn of shooting.
>>
>>52347888
Drop Rando space marine from the dev squad, the shield eternal down to a normal storm shield, and the extra armour from the crusader. Grab another Stalker. Ignores Cover cannot be overstated.
>>
>>52347987
So, deathwind > extra armor?

I can dig that
>>
>>52347987
>>52347977
Fuck. I forgot Extra Armour was only 10 points. Yeah, drop the Deathwind instead; extra armour's not bad.

I can appreciate playing models you like, and if you're doing a Sternhammer and not abusing the cheap auxiliaries you're not really playing competitively anyway. Keep the Centurions.
>>
File: IF army - 1740pts.jpg (699KB, 1800x2256px) Image search: [Google]
IF army - 1740pts.jpg
699KB, 1800x2256px
>>52348019
What are the cheap auxiliaries? Do you mean cheap point wise or cheap tactic wise?

I have that list saved, and this is what I have using bikes instead. I have 120 points left, trying to figure out what to use them on.
>>
>>52348093
Cheap point-wise. You can literally just drop in a squad of devs as an auxiliary and be good. Or 3 vindicators - not the best units in the 'dex, but a fair distance from the worst. Also, you can drop in a thunderfire cannon or a centurion squad and go from there.
>>
>>52348116
Oh, I try to use auxes that have a bonus. Feels like it's more fluffy, probably going to get me tabled though. I could throw in a vindicator at 120, but I won't be able to use the apoc blast.
>>
Recently started a cult army. Almost done painting these guys. Sorry for sht pic quility, but i took these in the middle of the night.
>>
>>52348140
>>
>>52348209
how did i do?
>>
>>52348140
>>52348209
>>52348269
Better than the last Cult players paintjob that I saw on here. I like it.
>>
I've built my rust stalkers with the claw and razor, in combat do i chose one or the other to use or can i use both profiles? Sorry for the noob question
>>
>>52348140
>>52348209
>>52348269
Orange looks great and the exact kind of colour you'd expect mining coveralls to be. The blue carapace needs more highlighting though.
>>
>>52348319
Thanks, they still need some highlights here and there. But i am pretty happy with how they turned out.
>>
>>52348390
Yeah you definitely need more highlights but it's looking good so far. Solid WIP.
>>
>>52347131
cut the wings off and then greenstuff the wings on the front so they're flat
>>
>>52348328
Chord Claw just gives one of the models' attacks Fleshbane, with the same weapon profile as the Razor.
>>
Kill all grognards
>>
has everyone quit and started burning their models because age of guilliman is real?
>>
>>52348460
Not yet, we're waiting to see just how bad the damage is when we get a full rules leak.
>>
File: 14546947947.jpg (244KB, 698x821px) Image search: [Google]
14546947947.jpg
244KB, 698x821px
>Sisters - Ld 8 base
>Commissars - Ld 9 base
>Scions - Ld 7 base

Are stormtroopers just Schola Progenium wash-outs?
>>
Tabletop simulator just updated and it includes an increase of the 1 gigabyte limit on steam cloud file limit to 100 gigs.

So now mods have literally no reason to ever use external file storage.
>>
>>52348523
Client side storage means that GW can't ever delete your files
>>
>>52345882
Nope, but the combat rules are supposed to be basically identical to Necromunda. My guess is that the territory and skill-up campaign rules will be tweaked for the new background though.
>>
File: PicsArt_03-09-01.50.35.jpg (399KB, 1024x424px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_03-09-01.50.35.jpg
399KB, 1024x424px
>>52346081
>>
>>52347007
No, you just don't get any of the benefits that formation might have gotten from the Decurion. Formations are detachments themselves.
>>
File: 1482319256730.jpg (49KB, 341x487px) Image search: [Google]
1482319256730.jpg
49KB, 341x487px
repostan

I already have sisters of silence from the BoP box, and aparently the new box added new rules and costs for these girls.

Could anyone tell me what the rules are for the Vigilator Squad? I can't find an online version of the SoS "book" and there are only vague images to be found, which might set them at 65 points for 5.

Also, is weapon mixxing out of the window in this version of the SoS?

Pic urelated but she hates witches too.
>>
>>52348269
Looking good. Just be sure to finish your bases.
>>
File: schwarzesmarken 1456806104395.webm (315KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
schwarzesmarken 1456806104395.webm
315KB, 1280x720px
>>52348497

Funny thing is normal guardsman, veterans, storm troopers and even guardsman fukken marbo is ld7 while penal legionnarie are ld8

Guess the bomb collars really make your blood pump up huh?
>>
>>52348460
They aren't destroying the galaxy, so I don't see why I would. I've played through radical rules changes before.
>>
File: 0e3627ed3267aeb23297cf68e77e02fe.jpg (227KB, 1024x1453px) Image search: [Google]
0e3627ed3267aeb23297cf68e77e02fe.jpg
227KB, 1024x1453px
>>52346714
You're right about Canonesses.
I use Celestine as a Distraction Carnifex, so I've never gotten her into fights like you've described. That sounds about right though.

I tend to run 5-girl squads with a heavy flamer and plasma priest. I guess it depends on if you're using a CAD or not, as the Heavy Bolter gives good firepower but severely restricts the unit's mobility.

You are correct on Command Squads and Celestians.

Repentia are situationally useful. If you run a ten-girl squad and they successfully get their charge off, they get so many attacks (thanks to Rage) that even if a lot of the squad dies before Initiative, they'll still be able to kill or at least mortally wound whatever they're fighting. I typically use them in this manner against TEQs. They're also good against vehicles thanks to armourbane. All this being said, they're not exactly my first choice for a SoB army due to the reasons you mentioned.

I haven't had the issues you've described with Dominions, but I could see what you're describing being a problem.
Seraphim are primarily designed to skirmish, not kill things. Basically, you find an enemy unit you want to lock down, charge them with Seraphim, and use Hit and Run repeatedly to make sure they can't do anything all game.
You are correct about storm bolters.

Exorcists are pretty much always your best bet. Make sure you're hiding them in cover though because they are really tempting targets.

You are correct about Penitent Engines and Avengers. You also might want to check out Repressors, they're pretty fun.

>Taking three exorcists under 1500 makes people mad.
Yes, but said people aren't usually playing a low-mid tier army like you are, so they can suck it.

>Vindicares are your friend.
So are Imperial Knights (if you have one).

>6++ saves save vehicles constantly. Don't fucking forget them.
Yes, yes, and yes. This is one of the biggest things my opponents hate about SoB.
>>
>>52348460
why can't fantasycucks fuck off to >>>/vg/ where they belong?
>>
>>52348638
I don't think 40k SoS have separate types of squads. It's all rolled into the one unit entry.
>>
File: DSC_0039.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0039.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>52346081
Not that I'm actually playing games
>>
>be overflowing with so many fun ideas for converting the new Death Guard dudes at work
>back home, want nothing but fuck my gf and sleep
Such is life for a normie.
>>
>>52348497
Yeah

They are not homicidal enough to be assassins.
They are not faithful enough to be Sisters.
They are not smart enough to be Commissars or Inquisitors.

They are the grunts of the Schola.
>>
>>52348765
They're exactly the same as normal guardsmen but they've got fancier gear.
Why are these guy special enough to get their own codex again?
>>
Which is not a problem that exists because files ARE stored clientside, the problem that has existed up to this point is that in order to distribute files, even using the steam workshop modders were using third party file storage like dropbox which routinely take down specific files for arbitrary reasons and change their public file access policies which resulted in half the mods no longer being accessible by any means whatsoever to anyone who had not downloaded that mod already.
>>
>>52348788
>They're exactly the same as normal guardsmen but they've got fancier gear.

They're BS4.

IMO they also need WS4 (alongside Sisters), Ld8, and Pistols, Rifles, and CCW's stock. Stormtroopers which can't actually STORM an objective are a bit crap.
>>
>>52347174
>Repressor + Melta Dominions mitigante the smart opponent not leaving shit on the side. That front 13 helps a lot.
>PE need 6 models in order to work. Anything less than that is tempting fate.
>Castellans allows 6 Heavy support. So 6 PE and 3 Exorcist is possible. Also PE with hatred are pure sex
Damn, I hadn't even considered any of this. I'm going to try that next game I play.
>>
>>52348794
Intended for >>52348540
>>
>>52348722
Those rules are outdated, they just got a print codex release in the Talons of the Emperor set.
>>
>>52348742
Me everyday my dude. My cult is languishing unfinished because when I get home I'm just tired and end up laying in bed with gf watching anime or scrolling through the shitposting on this board.
>>
>>52348910
Seems so, any chance they are in the OP? I can't find them if they are.

Then again I might just suck too much to find them.
>>
>>52348839
Normal guardsman aka veterans are BS4, they can even buy the same armour as them and the same number of special weapons.
>>
File: 146853569569.jpg (465KB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
146853569569.jpg
465KB, 1280x959px
>>52348839
>They're BS4.

So are vets tho

>they also need WS4 (alongside Sisters), Ld8, and Pistols, Rifles, and CCW's stock.

This. This so much.

Their shit WS, lack of pistols/ccw and the need to get within fucking 9" of enemy units to rapid fire (and you need too otherwise you'll be shot-to-shit without earning your points back) just means they get ripped apart in close combat. As it stands they're basically a 1 turn unit against most armies.
>>
>>52348933
Unsure, but the screencaps are floating around on here, you might be able to just google them.
>>
File: 1489539145582.jpg (157KB, 1321x910px) Image search: [Google]
1489539145582.jpg
157KB, 1321x910px
>>52348934
Veterans can take three special weapons to the Scion's two. The Imperium's mortal elite don't rate the same number of plasma rifles as cannon fodder that got lucky.

Go figure.
>>
File: 60580307289ecaa653d07b78946b2aa7.jpg (648KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
60580307289ecaa653d07b78946b2aa7.jpg
648KB, 1536x2048px
>>52348933
Here you go, anon:
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Burning%20of%20Prospero%20Imperial%20Datasheets.pdf
>>
>>52348765

They are not faithful and girl enough to be sisters you tried to say.
>>
>>52348986
Holy shit that is some badass art.
>>
>>52348962
2 squads of 5 scions can take 2 plasma each which is more than the Vets 3 in a squad of 10
>>
File: sisters-of-silence-2-1.jpg (49KB, 480x466px) Image search: [Google]
sisters-of-silence-2-1.jpg
49KB, 480x466px
>>52348638

The three different SoS squads are just Bolters, Flamers, and Swords. They don't have any rules differences between them.

Still, I'll dump the rules that I have.
>>
File: 14796705670.png (578KB, 687x575px) Image search: [Google]
14796705670.png
578KB, 687x575px
>>52348993
>Implying Assassins don't get shot at

They're not all Vindicares.
>>
>>52348497
schola washouts are imperial adepts
>>
File: sisters-of-silence-3.jpg (70KB, 1024x623px) Image search: [Google]
sisters-of-silence-3.jpg
70KB, 1024x623px
>>52349039

Note that the 3rd squad is literally the same as the bolter squad except with flamers.
>>
>>52348993
>Their job is to kill people while actually being shot at.
Also known as self defense, AKA not homicide.
>>
Anyone know how I can make the listbuilder mcpicturebook set points correctly for a WarConvo?
>>
File: null-maiden-rhino-1.jpg (59KB, 563x734px) Image search: [Google]
null-maiden-rhino-1.jpg
59KB, 563x734px
>>52349050

It's expensive, but they count as another unit in the cadre, so 3 squads with 3 rhinos is a 27" null bubble from EACH unit.
>>
File: 1434568569.jpg (47KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1434568569.jpg
47KB, 600x338px
>>52349005
>Running 5 man Scion squads

Fine if you're using them as a detachment and just want them to deepstrike and melta a tank or two but not viable as a central army unit.

Two Scion squads is 140pts. One veteran squad is 60pts, 75pts if you want to make them pretend-stormies.

65pts for an extra special weapon and deep strike, especially one contained in a unit that will evaporate the moment a tactical squad looks at it, isn't worth it in my opinion.
>>
>>52349072
If they're shooting at you, it's self defense.
>>
File: armada.png (2MB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
armada.png
2MB, 1360x768px
>>52349072
Attack is the secret of defense.

therefore storm troopers are the most defensive
>>
>>52348662
>penal legionnarie are ld8

Literally don't even exist anymore
>>
>>52349021
Yes, just trademark friendly. They have pretty much the same fluff....well, Scions fluff got dialed up in terms of grimderp to comical levels, so it's inferior to the old stormtrooper fluff imo, but they're still both weaponised orphans.
>>
>>52348962
Bolters are still special weapons for the Scions?
>>
Has anyone got any pictures of Scions painted as Inquistorial troops? Been googling but only getting the old models.

Finished building my first squads and getting ready to paint, but I still can't decide on what colour scheme to use.
>>
File: 20170324_165032.jpg (786KB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
20170324_165032.jpg
786KB, 2064x1161px
>>
File: 1427429199378.jpg (21KB, 313x235px) Image search: [Google]
1427429199378.jpg
21KB, 313x235px
>>52345762
>get start collecting nurgle demons box
>it's missing two of the bases for the Nurglings
>>
>>52349160
Yeah.
>>
>>52349191
did you buy it from a gw? if so just walk into that gw and they'll give you the bases no dicking about

otherwise contact customer support and they'll mail you some bases lickity split
>>
File: Orks - 1850pts of efficieny.jpg (217KB, 900x888px) Image search: [Google]
Orks - 1850pts of efficieny.jpg
217KB, 900x888px
>Field 1850 points worth of Shoota Boys
>480 BS2 Shots
>26 Dead Space Marines

BALANCE
>>
>>52349185
>Imperial Crisis Suit.jpg
>>
File: 1486504883419.jpg (204KB, 541x592px) Image search: [Google]
1486504883419.jpg
204KB, 541x592px
Anon from yesterday that asked for TTS mods yesterday: don't know if you saw me post it yesterday, since you didn't respond, but anyway, I compiled all of my army mods into one collection:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889822924
>>
I just REALLY REALLY REALLY want plastic sisters so I can invest into tabletop and feel happy with my purchase.
>>
>>52349237
>they're in range
>>
>>52349249
the "plastic sisters" rumor is literally sisters of silence

lap them up cuckboy
>>
>>52349226
Hey, it works for American police!
Just think of how many people they've shot in "self defense"
>>
>>52349226
>You're not serious.
it's a direct quote

Obviously the best defense is killing someone before they can attack you.

>>52349278
Alternatively it's the wingding triplets.
>>
>>52349249
conversions, i know it isn't "real" thing, but at least it's fun
>>
>>52349292
no, the rumors were INSISTENT that it was a full sisters army

well "sisters of silence" is a "full sisters army"

they even have a codex
>>
>>52349226
Right, you shoot at them, and they fire back in self defense. Now your return fire becomes self defense.

Glad you're catching on.
>>
>>52349185
Source on this?
>>
>>52349237

>An equal points of Kabalites kill 51 Marines
>hit twice as often
>pottery
>>
>>52349309
you can actually find it through iqdb
>>
>>52349321
Huh. That's unusual for 40k stuff. Thanks.
>>
>>52349329
not sure for that pic though, but i bet you have earlier one which is actual digital drawing
>>
>>52349297
I guess that shows how little I pay attention to any rumors

>>52349324
You're defending yourself from any and every potential attack they could have launched.

Checkmate.
>>
>>52349297
The rumours were insistent and consistent that it was a full Sisters of Battle army. The fact that conversations shorten that down to 'sisters' is irrelevant.
>>
When is 8th edition dropping.
>>
>>52345762
is that Jaghatai and Sanguinus?
>>
>>52349347
summer or later
>>
>>52349185
LEWD
>>
>>52349297
Precisely 5 unique models is not an army
>>
>>52348597

Nice paintjob. Some grass tufts would do wonders for the bases though.
>>
>>52349356

Should I just keep playing like nothing bad will happen? I just got back into it.
>>
>>52349373
>military engagement
>court
LMAO
look at this retard
>>
File: my brother.gif (940KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
my brother.gif
940KB, 320x180px
>>52349185
>darkwing
>>
>>52347864
>>team rainbow
I would enjoy fighting this list, personally. I bet it looks cool on the table.
>>
File: Nope.png (202KB, 689x705px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.png
202KB, 689x705px
>>52349321
Nope.
>>
File: Arbites_Icon.jpg (38KB, 359x389px) Image search: [Google]
Arbites_Icon.jpg
38KB, 359x389px
>>52349373
>Try saying that in court.
imperial justice finds the self-defendant not guilty
>>
>>52349343

I remember the shit storms from people insisting that Sisters would be here by now because the new naive players didn't realize that sisters have been "definitely coming soon" for 10 years.

That being said, I think GW is very likely working on a new range because of the current sales. However, the earliest we will see any of it is October, and a release won't be until Q1 2018.
>>
>>52349386
Yeah, they're changing a few mechanics, like leadership tests in combat and charging, but the game remains overall the same from what we know.
>>
>>52349418
>implying we won't get plastic Sisters in Age of Sigmar
lel
>>
>>52348986

Afraid those are the old rules mate. But thanks anyway.
>>
File: 1393994397601.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1393994397601.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>>52349427
I'm going to trust this one, but the moment I smell AoE I'm selling my army on Ebay.
>>
File: Inquisition - 2800pts.jpg (695KB, 1800x2595px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisition - 2800pts.jpg
695KB, 1800x2595px
Made a list for a game tomorrow, going up against a mix of Nurgle DG and Renegades. I'm using the WarConvo for Canticles and such, but paying for upgrades as normal. Splashed out a bit more than I would normally, since this is literally my entire army and 2800 took a few extra upgrades. Thoughts? I can change any of the options, knight types ect. around.
>>
>>52349352
Celestine and Greyfax.
>>
God, I want to fucking eat out a Sister of Silence.

Just fucking eat her out!!!
>>
>>52347846
>>52347794
Hey man, I like centurion assault squads. They can really defend a gunline as your counter assault and are a solid cruise missile against knights. Chaplain only makes them killier.
>>
>>52349039
>>52349061

Noice. thanks mate.

>>52349050

Am I right in that the Vigilators cost 65 ergo, less then the shooty variants?

Would be fair compared to the Flamer sisters I guess.
>>
>>52349478
I'm sure there would be lots of moaning involved.

[oh wait]
>>
File: 1490112418158.png (782KB, 910x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1490112418158.png
782KB, 910x1400px
>>52349416
then have better pic or use fucking saucenao/google images or tineye
>>
>>52349477
gayyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
File: thunderbirdsdisappear.jpg (55KB, 843x396px) Image search: [Google]
thunderbirdsdisappear.jpg
55KB, 843x396px
What did Forgeworld mean by this?
>>
>>52349478
GW should release Sisters bodypillows and/or sex dolls. Considering the fanbase, it'd basically be a license to print money. Fucking hire me already.
>>
File: DSC_0529.jpg (2MB, 3104x2328px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0529.jpg
2MB, 3104x2328px
>>52346081
>>
>>52349471
i especially like the attempt to make it look like "everyone" agrees with you
sorry you're so mad about basic facts lmao
>>
>>52348839

I'd like to see twin bolt pistols become the SOB standard.

It wouldn't give them any more short range shooting than the bolters already give them but a second attack in melee would make them a little less shitty there.

More importantly, it would make them a bit more mechanically distinct.
>>
File: sister of silence thanks.jpg (167KB, 415x563px) Image search: [Google]
sister of silence thanks.jpg
167KB, 415x563px
>>52349478
>>
File: Deal with it.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
Deal with it.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>52349527
>not preheating the oven before putting your loaf in

Virgin spotted.
>>
File: phawk.png (248KB, 608x502px) Image search: [Google]
phawk.png
248KB, 608x502px
>>52349541
nuthin
>>
>>52349291
Ha that's funny, it almost sounds like you think you could do a better job.
>>
>>52349541
that the model is sold out and no longer available
>>
File: 2017-03-24.png (78KB, 280x232px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-24.png
78KB, 280x232px
>>52349581

Beat me to it.
>>
>>52349541
>>52349581
>>52349598
Wew GW, now that's what I call an elaborate bait.
>>
>>52349554
>lmao

kill yourself
>>
>>52349613
>jk it's finecast
>>
File: 1489960610769.gif (87KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1489960610769.gif
87KB, 300x300px
With all these 8e changes teased at Adepticon - what will change for Crons and Tau? Will it boost them or nerf?
>>
>>52349476
If you're only using WarConvo for Canticles and not for the actual army bonus, why not use Conclave Aqcuisitorius or even a Cohort Mechanicus + Knight?
>>
File: resurrection orb.png (267KB, 300x418px) Image search: [Google]
resurrection orb.png
267KB, 300x418px
>>52349623
>when mortals don't even knoweth
>>
File: kek.jpg (5KB, 261x211px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
5KB, 261x211px
>>52349620
>not impregnating them just by standing close to them
>>
>>52349650
Because I lack models for both Breachers and electro-priests, plus a third Dragoon and second Crawler. Picking them up soon, but I can only paint so fast. That will be the next step, I think.
>>
>>52349527
>not cuffing her hands and puting her on your face just to eat her asshole
Beta and gay - great
>>
File: 1438654394557.gif (719KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
1438654394557.gif
719KB, 500x384px
>>52349639
>>
File: Operation Fuck Magnus.jpg (1MB, 1800x4714px) Image search: [Google]
Operation Fuck Magnus.jpg
1MB, 1800x4714px
Who likes AV 11?

I like AV 11!
>>
To someone who have Sisters of Silence codex.

Ist there any fluff about them?
>>
>>52349654
>Games Workshop is introducing their new Command Points system for playing thematically! They want to reward players for being enthusiastic about the lore of the game! If you build an army keeping the fluff in mind you can gain all sorts of awesome stuff such as re-rolls and faction specific bonuses! Will painting be part of this? GW was tight lipped!
>The movement value is back! Each unit will have bespoke values! Unit types will be gone, you only have to learn the rules for your own units! This sounds a lot like the Age of Sigmar movement rules!
>Every weapon is going to have its own armor save modifiers. Weapons will “act more like you imagine in the lore”. So we can probably expect some sizable changes to weapon interactions to go alongside this!
>MAJOR changes coming in the assault phase! Charging units are going to strike first, enabling players to control the tabletop based on their movement and assault decisions!
>Leadership is being simplified significantly. Now you roll 1D6 and add the number of casualties you have taken this turn. If that value is greater than your Leadership, you take wounds equal to the difference!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dl0OtWqCa0
>>
>>52349714
>not liking traps

What a fucking faggot.
>>
>>52349717
>Games Workshop is introducing their new Command Points system for playing thematically! They want to reward players for being enthusiastic about the lore of the game! If you build an army keeping the fluff in mind you can gain all sorts of awesome stuff such as re-rolls and faction specific bonuses! Will painting be part of this? GW was tight lipped!
This is a really long winded way of saying "Fuck you for wanting to play Your Dudes, you play the fluff we tell you to play"
>>
>>52349584
At what?
Policing America or shooting black people?
>>
Anyone seen this yet? It's fucking fantastic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHOlbwjrAAI
>>
>>52349732

Get rekt, riptide spammer.
>>
>>52349738
those 2 are the same thing anon
>>
>>52349732
Yes.
>>
>>52349499

Yes. The Vigilators are 65pts, which is amazing for the amount of stabby that you get. However, the lack of assault vehicle could be a problem.

However, the fact that the flamers are the same price as the bolters (I don't have the page, sorry) is insane value, cheaper than a full flamer SoB squad by like 15pts (command squad is the only one that gets 5) AND has the null abilities. On top of that, you boost them to 10 models in the rhino.

Personally, I'm definitely going to add a full cadre to my SoB since I can finally fight psykers without psykers.

>>52349563

Seraphim are actually the elite of the elite in terms of sisters and they rock double bolt pistols. It's supposed to be a unique fighting style for the SoB, actually. I'd love of that's what they focussed on for unique options.
>>
>>52349741
Space Marines, 'Crons, and AdMech. I'm okay with it; I've got my battle company built and assembled already. I feel bad for my friend who has His Dudes using a Guard regiment as their 10th company because he likes Guard and doesn't like Scouts, or the space wolves player who's in it because he likes wolves and has been playing what is now barkstar since 5th edition.
>>
File: hjk.jpg (3KB, 168x155px) Image search: [Google]
hjk.jpg
3KB, 168x155px
>>52349717
> control the tabletop based on their movement and assault decisions

Reminds me of WFB.
Yeah.
Right...

...haha ha...ha....
>>
>>52349763
I'm not sure what's confused you.
>>
>>52349712

I don't have it, but I'm the one who posted the pictures I found. From what I've read, yes. There is a ton of fluff talking about they got to where they are now apparently. I might legit pic up the splat book if I see it.
>>
File: Grand Convocation - 1850pts.jpg (487KB, 1800x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Grand Convocation - 1850pts.jpg
487KB, 1800x1728px
>>52349708
I prefer AV 12
>>
>>52348597
nice, any chance of a paint list for these. I've got 2000pts worth to paint >.<
>>
>>52349738
>shooting black people?
Oh my, I'm curious why
>>
>>52349789
poltard

thats why
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (13KB, 480x471px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
13KB, 480x471px
>>52349784
>rofl

pic related my friend
>>
>>52349783
Only 2 Icarus Dunecrawlers? I'll admit to some surprise.

Also, anyone else planning to do a Combined Arms Detachment of Custodes, just because you can? ObSec Custodes seem pretty legit.
>>
File: 1485837569.jpg (27KB, 349x331px) Image search: [Google]
1485837569.jpg
27KB, 349x331px
>>52349758
>they rock double bolt pistols. It's supposed to be a unique fighting style for the SoB
>implying
>>
>>52349770
>Reminds me of WFB.
WFB was a mistake
>>
>>52349812
Ah, I see your confusion. No, every unit will have its own armour rating, and every weapon will modify that rating. Centurions will have a 2+, which with a bolter's presumed -1 will go to a 3+. Carapace armour will have a 5+, which will go to a 6+.
>>
>>52349708
>>52349783
>those lists

I sincerely hope GW just squats 40k at this point. You deserve it.
>>
>>52349847
announcing a report is a reportable offense
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
>>
>>52349812
No, it's an armor modifier, not a flat save against the weapon.

i.e. a Centurion has a 2+ save, a Fire Warrior has a 4+, a Guardsman has a 5+. The lasgun a -1 save modifier (not bloody likely but we'll roll with your example).

When shot at by the Lasgun of Minus One, the Centurion now saves on a 3+, the Fire Warrior on a 5+, the Guardsman on a 6+.
>>
File: 1473523354375.jpg (167KB, 1280x649px) Image search: [Google]
1473523354375.jpg
167KB, 1280x649px
>>52348638
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj4xVyhkB14

In french but you can make out the rules.

the CC variant is now 13 points, they got even cheaper holyshit i love it.

Fuck space wizards!
>>
>>52349840
You had your chance anon. Now they belong to us AoS where they raid the skies and laugh at shoddy manlings and their inferior technology.
>>
>>52349840
>he doesn't understand having fun with stupid lists
I fucking wish I had a dozen Dunecrawlers to do shit like that.
>>
>>52349758
>Seraphim are actually the elite of the elite in terms of sisters and they rock double bolt pistols. It's supposed to be a unique fighting style for the SoB, actually. I'd love of that's what they focussed on for unique options.

Yeah, that was my thoughts with wanting it to be a general SOB thing. The SOB could do with a bit more

Pistol + Pistol is basically the same on most units as Pistol + CCW but it's distinctive and means they have a bit more pistol shooting than you'd expect if they trade out their bolter for a special/heavy weapon.
>>
File: 1396586633885.png (242KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1396586633885.png
242KB, 500x382px
>>52349858
Well, then report me - I'm ready for it. Reporting the spammer is the only way to get rid of him and this is what I will do
>>
>>52349865
Or you can link the official unboxing video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTF0JRyReSI
>>
>>52349821

He's a single special character and not really indicative of his faction's fighting style any more than St Celestine is indicative of the SOB being really good at melee.
>>
>>52349835
>>52349883
You know pretending to be a retard isn't the smartest thing to do, and no one thinks you're funny?
You should seriously consider suicide.
Preferably by hanging, so that no bullets are wasted.
>>
>>52349821
>bolt pistol and plasma pistol
>double bolt pistol
U wot?

Also, I was talking about them have a unique fighting style they learn in fluff.
>>
>>52349902
Do you think that rope is going to get reused?
>>
>>52349925
Good point. Drowning maybe? I'd rather him not jump off a building, someone's going to have to clean it up afterwards.
>>
File: when coat lies just right.jpg (51KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
when coat lies just right.jpg
51KB, 557x605px
>>52349858
>Cheetahfag banned again
I told ya m8
>>
>>52349871
>Buy a dozen donkey tanks for much $$$
>Play one game
>Table opponent with massed 4++, IWND neutroncrawlers
>Everyone refuses to play your shitty WAAC list except for other WAACers

I don't see the appeal.
>>
>>52349356
>>52349347
June
>>
>>52349347
Q2 2017.
>>
>>52349738
Let's say the first one to avoid unesscessary argument. You think you could do a better job as a police officer? Cause I love listening to fat people in the bar talk about what pro athletes should be doing
>>
>>52349847
It worked. My man, you deserve a cookie. Or some tits at least.
>>
>>52349654
it's on the gw community page, AoS40k is confirmed
>>
>>52349117
That looks rad as fuck. Which is the scene from Armada it from?
>>
>>52349949
>implying I'd be asshole enough to bring that without my opponent's consent

I'm not a rapist, anon. Please don't project onto me.
>>
>>52349979
It should be called Warhammer ___41 000___
>>
>>52349910
>>52349758

>double bolt pistols are unique to SoB

what are destroyers?
>>
>>52349988
dont ally with the eldar
>>
>>52349991
>Opponent's consent

As I said, you get to play nothing but other WAACers.
>>
>>52349988
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyAArHfj6PQ
>>
>>52350003
current 40k is already in the 41st millenium

so I guess it should be 42nd or something
>>
>>52350003
>doesn't understand that it's 2017 but we're currently living in the 21st century
>>
>>52349278
Why dont people just get third party heads and slap bolter onto the sos?

They're almost identical.
>>
>>52350004
What are destroyers?
>>
>>52349185
Sauce Anyone?
>>
>>52350033
30k stuff.
>>
>>52350033
>>
File: Destroyer Squad.jpg (38KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Destroyer Squad.jpg
38KB, 600x620px
>>52350033
War criminals

(legion squads which only use two bolt pistols and war-crime chemicals)

Long before sisters dual wielded anything besides dicks
>>
>>52350075
>Long before sisters dual wielded anything besides dicks

Only in-universe.
>>
>>52350075
I almos choked in my sandwich. Thanks anon.
>>
File: 4d7525675e29ff746cdfbf1ed75a30d6.jpg (325KB, 1060x1500px) Image search: [Google]
4d7525675e29ff746cdfbf1ed75a30d6.jpg
325KB, 1060x1500px
>>52350016
Thanks.
>It takes a video game cutscene to make the Scions actually look cool.
>>
>>52350004

Something that existed in fluff long after the SOB fluff about the twin pistols?
>>
Which Space Marine chapter is the fucking best?
>>
>>52350117
Space Wolves
>>
>>52350117
Red Scorpions.
>>
>>52350117
Space Wolves
>>
>>52350117
Ultras
>>
>>52350136
He said fucking best, not fucks beasts.
>>
>>52350117
fire angels
>>
>>52345762

So I wanna play renegade space marines that have their HQ within a Rogue Trader's fleet.They're successors of the Blood Angels, and go into battle alongside the Rogue Trader's private army most of the time. A lot of them have started not caring about the Codex Astartes in recent years, and quite a few leave the Chapter to become mercenaries and pirates for a bit.

Do I run Chaos space marines or Blood Angels? I really dunno. Coming back into the hobby after a while.
>>
File: subway.png (537KB, 583x581px) Image search: [Google]
subway.png
537KB, 583x581px
>>52350089
faggot
>>
>>52350092
Nowt wrong with them, aside from the 5-man box bullshit. Scion models are cool.

in-game performance, not so much
>>
>>52350117
DEUS VULT
>>
>>52349876

Yea, that's what I'd like to see, too. Would be enough uniqueness to be distinct without going over the top.
>>
>>52349482
Thanks, friend. I think they are cool and fluffy
>>
>>52350175
Do you want dino bots or baal preds?

Do you want chaplains + death company?
Or do you want counts as world eaters with turn 1 charges?

If you want jump pack marines blood angels can turn 1 charge without it being disordered, but jump pack chaos marines are apparently shit so they make turn 1 charges disordered.
>>
File: welp.gif (2MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
welp.gif
2MB, 240x135px
>>52350179
>faggot
>posts THAT comic
>I recognize it
Ok you got me. I guess I have to drink myself to death now.
>>
>>52350194

It would also be a bit less of a random 'Suddenly, twin pistols!' with elite SOB.
>>
God Tier
White Scars
Salamanders
Raven Guard

Posterboy Tier
Ultramarines
Dark Angels

Okay Tier
Blood Angels
Space Wolves
Iron Hands
Imperial Fists
Black Templars

this is the truth
prove me wrong
>>
>>52350185
>>
File: Angel_Penitent_Colour_Scheme.jpg (269KB, 640x955px) Image search: [Google]
Angel_Penitent_Colour_Scheme.jpg
269KB, 640x955px
>>52350117
Angels Penitent
>>
>>52350214
I need to know what comic that is for reasons
>>
>>52350247
ok
>>
Just read the "Warhammer 40,000 News from AdeptiCon" from the Games Workshop Community site.

They are joking, right? I mean, the video is obviously a joke, but the written stuff is just plausible enough that I can image some people thinking they're good ideas.
>>
>>52350117

Lamenters.
>>
>>52350247
>Paragons of all
Ultramarines
>Pride of the Imperium
Black Templars
Blood Angels
Imperial Fists
>Good
White Scars
Raven Guard
Iron Hands
>Literally Who
Salamanders
>Unworthy
Dark Angels
Space Wolves
>>
>>52350285
General's Handbook is good because it lets them update everything's point costs simultaneously.
Move characteristic is a sidegrade, allowing more individual army diversity while buffing armies that tend not to need it.
Charge getting Always Strikes First is a strict downgrade, and there's been a lot of outcry to that effect.
Battleshock, I'm reserving judgement on. There's too much morale fuckery in the game right now that they'll have to account for.
>>
>>52350285
The move and armour modifiers are good ideas. The other stuff is like... ehhhhhhhhh.........
>>
>>52350285
It's two day old Anon. Even this Anon >>52349640
>>52349717 asked about it
>>
File: Sip.png (23KB, 103x112px) Image search: [Google]
Sip.png
23KB, 103x112px
>>52350280
[Powfooo] Arcana Tales
>>
>>52350337

I'd be ok with charges being +2 init or something. So a charging force DOES strike faster but not 'Always first'.
>>
>>52350383
+1 at best, they're already getting more attacks in all likelihood and dictate where the combat is happening and against what unit.
>>
>>52350371
You're a gentleman and a scholar.
>>
>>52350405

Well, I'm unsure if '+1 attack on charge' is staying. +2 init was assuming it wasn't.
>>
>>52350285
What would be the best way to contact GW to let them know how much we hate these ideas?
>>
>>52350442
Facebook probably, only place they seem to directly reply to things.
>>52350405
True, hard to really speculate at this stage.
>>
>>52350442
Comment on the relevant facebook post.
>>
>>52349185
That must be some influential inquisitor lady to have commissioned a terminator armour.
>>
>>52350442
>we hate
>we
Anon, I ~
>>
>>52350456
>>52350455
>>52350442
facebook comments, facebook direct messages, emailing customer support
>>
>>52350442
I'm certain that opinion has already been voiced, and promptly ignored
>>
I've always wanted to play death guard, but if they release Mortarion I might just get over my hated of stupid squatting Marines. How can I play death guard with minimal Marines? A big blob of plague zombies/cultists, drones, bikes and some plague Marines?

Also
>Mfw geedubs expects me to pay ridiculous prices for plague Marines
>When you can buy cheap as fuck marine sprues from the internet and apply green stuff
>>
File: Lorgar_Aurelian_sketch.png (2MB, 1041x924px) Image search: [Google]
Lorgar_Aurelian_sketch.png
2MB, 1041x924px
>>52350469
>>
>>52350477
>reee resin marines are too expensive

um, the new stuff will be plastic
>>
>>52350465
It's rare, but not unheard of. I'm surprised she isn't rocking the Daemon Hammer all Inquisitors in termie armour wear in the crunch.
>>
File: 1426100890321.png (598KB, 722x525px) Image search: [Google]
1426100890321.png
598KB, 722x525px
>>52350442
>He hasent seen the final product
>he already hates it
oooosh
>>
>>52350469
There are more people here who dislike the morale and charge changes than not.

Which is understandable because they are bad.
>>
>>52350476
I hope so. Sure, Games Workshop hasn't interacted with its community in a long time, but considering how its community acts can you blame them?
>>
>>52350477
If you hate squatting marines, then get the new Death guard stuff in plastic that's sure to not be.

Heck, there's probably even gonna be new cool rules for plague terminators
>>
>>52346714
Played 2000pts against tau with riptide and fw and farsight and shit with my sisters and won 11-2. He only had 1 unit left standing.

I have to say; 6 sisters with 2 meltas in sn immolator with mm, sb and dozer is one hell of a unit. The sixth sister really does a difference, and 2 of my immos where the mvps of the game. One flat outed alongside the table edge and, with 1 hp left, tank shocked the riptide. The riptide penned witha death or glory smash attack, but my immo passed the 6++ and the riptide got crushed. Farsight also died due to a failed death or glory.

What I've learned from my couple of years with sisters, whom I've actually defeated stronger armies with, snd have as many, if not more, victories than defeats with, is; FUCK MATHHAMMER! Y'all motherfuckers need faith! The trick with sisters is to care less about odds and go more on blind faith. (Had a lone sister superior take out a t5 2++ FNP model last game with a prayer and a bolter, and had seraphims DSing between a pinned canoness and a big fighty blob an other game, burning the blob away. Against all odds!). Have Faith when you play sister, because, secondarely: if you're not agressive, you're playing them wrong! Push. Push! Push!!! Always! It doesn't matter if your enemy has a better army if he's crammdd in a corner and doesn't know what to do! And yeah, faith is all about having lucky rolls, but you still have to get yourself into situatios where you can get to roll those dice!

Faith and Aggression, or go play something else, like tau.
>>
>>52350202

Probs gonna go Blood Angels with an Allied Detachment of Guardsmen or something. Thanks anon.
>>
>>52350509

How do you know the exact numbers on an anon image board?
>>
>>52350511
Well GW has done awfully listening only to themselves so they need to crowd source actual feedback and not their retarded in house team.
>>
>>52350509
>t. my ass
>>
File: e8e.png (84KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
e8e.png
84KB, 600x587px
>>52350509
>There are more people here who dislike the morale and charge changes than not
>>
>>52350509
>more people here who hate AoS than not

and yet AoS is a massive success and almost sells as much as 40k
>>
>>52350533
Wait are they releasing a whole new death guard line with Mortarion?
>>
>>52347170
Decapitating the Sergeant is the worst part about converting that squad. It took me like 20 minutes of knife carving to get it to a point where I could put in a different head.

DESU, I'd just buy a regular bike squad. Also the square bases look like shit, and should very readily be replaced with the oval-bases for bikes, for a variety of reasons that aren't just having more room to make a detailed base.

Also, get gemstone paints for the bike's console. Green Gemstone looks great on the little screen, and can go a HUGE ways for adding that much more detail.
>>
>>52350569
Yeah. We saw leaked pics and everything. New zombies too
>>
>>52350559
It's common sense that if 4chan Hates something, it's pretty good and most people like it. Browse /tv/ for a bit and you'll understand.
>>
>>52350569
Yeah, looks fucking fantastic.
>>
>>52350559
It sells less than Warmachine, which already sells much MUCH MUCH less than 40k, so no. Not even close.
>>
>>52350601
>All boards are the same
>>
>>52350511
>but considering how its community acts can you blame them?
The community would be easier to interact with if the design team didn't make very egregiously stupid decisions on a near constant basis and fuck half their playerbase over.
>>
Why are Iron Hands so fucking boring? No one likes them.
>>
>>52350606
AoS is 45% of GW's model sales

If 40k outsells warmachine than AoS outsells warmachine
>>
>>52350637
>AoS is 45% of GW's model sales
Source it.
>>
>>52350569
Yeah there's new zombies, plastic plague marines, probably plague-lords or something too, checkout the video on the warhammer community page
>>
Anyone have any tips on priming so that you A) don't waste a lot of primer, B) are able to get a good coat from all angles, and C) don't overclump it on there.

I've tried double sided taping them down to a plank, and just placing them on cardboard. It kind of works, but I still have issues.
>>
File: allsmiles.png (337KB, 377x469px) Image search: [Google]
allsmiles.png
337KB, 377x469px
>>52350569
>>52350604
>>52350599
>>
File: 1479050286795.jpg (370KB, 807x666px) Image search: [Google]
1479050286795.jpg
370KB, 807x666px
I heard that Blood Angels are weak, but then I read their rules and they looks god.
So what is the truth? Are BA weak, medicore or strong?
>>
>>52350652
ask any gw manager
>>
>>52350664
They're bad, and you're bad at analyzing rules.
>>
>>52350604
>>52350599
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.
>>
>>52350606
source?
>>
>>52350671
Fucking kek
>>
>>52350671
>Ask the car dealer what he thinks of the new car he's pushing
>>
>>52349897
Can't make out points of lines in that vid mate.
>>
>>52350637
>>52350685
http://icv2.com/articles/markets/view/36971/top-5-non-collectible-miniature-games-fall-2016
>>
>>52350664
They're bad in ITC tournies
>>
>>52350658

airbrush primer on.
>>
>>52350671
You can't be this stupid, right?
>>
>>52350726
>because warmachines sells more than AoS in the USA it must sell more than AoS

you do know that nobody outside of USA plays warmachine right anon?
>>
>>52350735
I don't have one of those yet.
>>
>>52350748
If you can show me where that article says it's only looking at numbers from the US I'll cede the argument, but I'm not seeing it.

Also even if that's true, the US market is much, MUCH larger than the UK.
>>
>>52350800
I didn't know that there are only USA and UK on this world
>>
>>52350871
Those are the primary markets for GW.

There's some sales in other European countries and Australia but I don't think it really competes with either of the first two.

If you've got hard numbers I'm willing to admit I am wrong.
>>
Get off this sinking unofficial ship.

>>52350875
>>52350875
>>52350875
>>52350875
>>52350875
>>
>>52350730
>Muh house rules fucking things up
Par for the course.
Competitive play be damned
>>
>>52350896
>page fucking 4

Fucking hell, why the fuck do you even keep doing this rules-bending bullshit?
>>
>>52350888
>Those are the primary markets for GW.
Welp, I don't really know how the selling system works in UK and USA but i.e. in Poland you have only a single GW store in capital city but something like 5-6 LGSs with GW shit in every bigger than small city
>>
>>52350896
Stop making threads early to post your shitty strawmen from many threads ago.
>>
>>52349786
Straken Green Armor with a Agrax Earthshade recess shade and Ushabti Bone edge highlights. Substitute Nurgling Green for Ushabti Bone if you want the highlights less stark. Leadblecher, Typhus Corrosion, Ryza Rust, and a little Stormhost Silver for the metal. Duncan has tutorials for the effect. Eyes are standard red space marine lenses. Bone is standard bone colors.
>>
>>52350509
Eh, I kinda like the new morale mechanic. I mean, it'll let me save points that I'd nomally take on commissars and priests at the very least.

But then I also liked being able to choose to leverage the sweeping advance rules to my advantage. "Yea, nice berzerker army. Guess what? All my infantry squads are divided up so whenever you charge you're guaranteed to not be locked in combat for my shooting phase. Also, my men are arranged in lines so it'll take at least three turns of charging into combat and subsequently being left in the open to reach the tanks."

SPEED BUMPS BABY!
>>
>>52350942
>I mean, it'll let me save points that I'd nomally take on commissars and priests at the very least.
You will lose WAY more dudes this way most likely.
>>
Do you think $70 is a good price for 5 SoS, Rhino, and SoS Codex? I'm leaning towards it being on the high end.
>>
>>52351022

General Thread that correctly links previous thread edition over here.

>>52350979
>>
>>52349115
and move trough cover , and ap 3 lasguns
don't forget that you need to put your vets in a chimera to get them downfield to

scions aren't great and vets definitely are better and offer more versatility but you are missing some of their benefits
>>
>>52350509
>>I conducted an extensive survey on an anonymous board.
Only those with negative opinions regarding the status quo feel the need to voice theirs.>>52350511
>>
>>52347215
Holy shit that Renegade Knight affirms the Iron Warriors as the official best legion
>>
File: 1489547284305.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1489547284305.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>52349541
Cant wait to have to fight thunderhawks 10000% more often now that theyll be cheaper and in GW stores
>>
>>52350117
Space Wolves
>>
>>52351321
>1000% of 0 is 0
>>
>>52348736
>He's actually got Chaos Autocannons

Where the fuck did you get those? Did you actually buy multiple boxes of Havocs for them? They have been perpetually sold out on every Bitz website for years.

Also nice Alpha Legion, fellow Alpharius.
>>
>>52350421
I don't know if I'd go that far.
>>
>>52351321
I bet its still going to carry a hefty price tag, wouldnt be suprised by $200us. That would stop most people from getting one.

>>52351728
This is true, ive only seen one in person and it was at an armies on parade.
>>
Can Tempestus Scion Command Squad Voxcaster have a caster and a plasma gun or just the caster?
>>
>>52349948
Based
>>
>>52349291
Get out of /tg/, shitposter
>>
>>52351038
This thread didn't link properly, therefore it's an unofficial thread.

Enjoy being triggered by an image. Groggy.
>>
>>52350926
>Waaaah I'm triggered
>He took my safe space away!

Take 9mm aspirin.
>>
>>52352291
>official
>>
>>52350092
Is that gaunt? Cause he looks super wonky. Maybe it's that other fat commissar that is a mate of Gaunt's that comes along in one off the last books
>>
>>52348597
Wait, are the new death guard out already?
>>
So, I'm looking to run a heavy support formation for my Black Templars and I'm curious what would be most point cost effective and "fun".

3x Vindcators (@360pts)
3x Thunderfire Cannons (@300pts)
3x Whirlwinds (@195pts + 45pt Land Speeder)
3x Venerable Dreadnoughts w/ TL Autocans (@390pts)
Land Raider Spearhead (@740pts)

I'm running a fairly typical BT army (Crusader squads, Rhinos, LRC) and I'm playing casual with friends at 1500-1850. I'm personally leaning on three Land Raiders, only because I've never seen anyone running three.
>>
>>52345858
Yeah, it's perfect.
Thread posts: 362
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.