[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 299
Thread images: 66

File: fyr sil.jpg (191KB, 818x606px) Image search: [Google]
fyr sil.jpg
191KB, 818x606px
>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for N'Gasta
>>
Nth for Amaranth.
>>
2nd for fireworks
>>
>>52344895
In other news, TES3MP (OpenMW's multiplayer fork), is going to have NPC sync by the end of the month
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/mwmulti

Any of you guys up for dressing up en masse as Fargoth for a little video?
>>
File: therana.jpg (126KB, 440x423px) Image search: [Google]
therana.jpg
126KB, 440x423px
Haven't been to these threads for a month or so.
Anything interesting happened? How rampant is ESOposting?
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 750x633px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 750x633px
Bring back Dwemer. They're not lost, it's we who forgot them
>>
>>52345653
Is that ESO? Why they have concept art for live Dwemer? Also, what's with that skin color?
>>
>>52345760
I dig it, it looks pale and creepy like living underground would make it.
>>
>>52345760
They're blue; if they were green they would die.
>>
>>52345760
What do you mean about the skin color? Mer are always something odd
>>
Playing TES Legends. Shortly after acquiring Goldbrand, you disguise yourself as the emperor after a failed attempt on his life, and lead a charge into battle, meaning that if it's canon or as canon as a card game can be Titus Mede did not wield Goldbrand during the Great War, but your unnamed hero did in his place.
Just thought I should drop that. Dunno if anyone here has played it.
>>
>>52345760
It's by some Skywind artist I think.
>>
>>52345919
It's canon in the sense some dude said it to encourage someone to do something similar. That's my take anyway.
>>
>>52345830
Dwemer being very close to Aldmer probably had golden skin like chimer.
>>
>>52345830
How so? Bosmer are very close to men while chimer and altmer are same color. Dunmer are the odd ones, but only because of Azura's curse or Tribunal's meddling with heart
>>
>>52346163
The ghosts from Morrowind, when the effect was removed, were gray. Yagrum is also gray, but so are most Corprus-infected people. Maormer and Falmer, who should both be an offshoot of Aldmer, do not have golden skin. Doesn't seem too far-fetched that Dwemer would be grayish.
>>
>>52346302
Gold altmer, gray dunmer, tan bosmer, white falmer, and green orsimer. Why not blue Dwemer
>>
>>52346304
But then "golden souls" and "golden skin" make less sense.
>>
>>52346304
>ghosts are grey
Because they're fuckind dead, kiddo.
>>
>>52345760
No it's not ESO
>>
File: suran_by_velena_gorosama-d9zk3g8.jpg (278KB, 1192x670px) Image search: [Google]
suran_by_velena_gorosama-d9zk3g8.jpg
278KB, 1192x670px
Slow Friday, huh? I logged in to find no thread this morning. What's going on?
>>
>>52347854
How come so few people look at the Nerevarine brandishing Wraithguard?
>>
File: sneakyhorse.png (157KB, 250x405px) Image search: [Google]
sneakyhorse.png
157KB, 250x405px
>>52345919
Speaking of Legends, and seeing how pic related will not be Ebonarm'ed from the lore, how would you guys like centaurs to be portrayed?
>>
>>52349031
I'd prefer them to be Ebonarm'ed hard.
>>
>>52349031
I don't.
>>
>>52349031
Like Orcs but with horses permanently attached to their torsos.
>>
>>52349031
I like them sexy.
>>
>>52347854
holy fuck that wood elf prostitute
>>
>>52351362
Forget her. That Dunmer throwing herself at the Nord fellow though....
>>
File: get a load of this guy.jpg (77KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this guy.jpg
77KB, 256x256px
>>52347854
>>
File: promotions.jpg (193KB, 512x355px) Image search: [Google]
promotions.jpg
193KB, 512x355px
>>52352051
>>
>>52349031
Their a form of ritual transformation practiced and revered by the Bjoulsae horselords.
>>
>>52352734
That actually sounds cool.
>>
File: assistant manager.jpg (57KB, 525x503px) Image search: [Google]
assistant manager.jpg
57KB, 525x503px
>>52352734
Really nice idea.

But the important part, do Bjoulsae tribes employ breeder/teaser cuckery in their marriage rituals?
>>
What do you think would happen if a person ate a loaded would gem? Asking for a D&D friend
>>
>>52353752
Do you mean 'soul' gem?
>>
>>52353785
Goodness. Yes I did, friend.
>>
>>52353882
I don't know lel
>>
>>52353752
Indigestion
>>
File: night_suran_by_lelek1980-d5jz6ke.jpg (224KB, 614x1302px) Image search: [Google]
night_suran_by_lelek1980-d5jz6ke.jpg
224KB, 614x1302px
>>52347854
There's a lot to take in and enjoy with this picture.
The orc mother with the litter of orclings and clutch of eggs.
The probably-Camonna Tong agent in the shadows smoking skooma
The Hlaalu nobles reveling in their friend's failing attempt to remove a sword from an enchanted box.
The Nerevarine watching sheepishly - probably his box.
The warrior-wizard-rogue trio in the redguard, the hooded altmer, and the little bosmer.
The whores, oh my god the whores. That dunmer woman hanging off the ugly nord really tones my architecture.
The miserable argonian and attentive khajiit fanning the fat outlander - probably being shown a good time by the dunmer nobles to open up some trade opportunity.
Those two dunmer checking out the decorative plates.
It's everything I imagine Suran to be - steamy, sexy, seedy. A lot of art tends to expand towns, but this one works with what's there - this is an easily recognizable location in the game world with only a little artistic licence.
But god, those prostitutes are my favorite part.
>>
>>52353980
I told them it might be possible for a mage to "set it off" and release the raw magicka directly into their tissues which could be extremely harmful and just try to expell the gem, but they rolled too low.
does the soul within the gem retain it's personality or does that go straight to the Cairn and only the magicka remains in mundus?
>>
File: Фаргот.jpg (62KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Фаргот.jpg
62KB, 900x900px
>>52354074
>the little bosmer
He has a name you know...
>>
>>52354074
Now this picture, it does expand the town quite a bit - but I really like how it does. The lit windows look positively electric, as if this could be a 20th century fantasy world, a Tomorrowind-that-was. From the late night boats, the silhouettes in the ever ascending streets, lanterns hanging over the Silt Strider, it's very comfortable; I imagine a warm night next to the waters, the smell of incense from the Temple and Saltrice and Corkbulb from the plantations mixed with Marshmerrow in the waters. I hear waves breaking, mournful keening from the Silt Strider, distant shouts as the last kollop fishers head in, maybe a scream or a moan from Desele's.
>>
Are ice wraiths people or animals? Occe people? Once animals? Some eldritch shit?
>>
>>52354214
Spirits.
>>
>>52354110
Pretty sure only black soul gems relay to the Cairn, and only when the soul is spent as well.

Souls do seem to retain some form of personality initially, but it seems that with time, a soul bound or enchanted to an item will begin to degrade or dissipate, or even go mad. I'd imagine animals aren't really effected in the same manner though given they don't hae very complicated minds.
>>
>On Spring Break
>Have to wait till the end of the week to get another thread.
>>
File: Falmer transformation.jpg (1MB, 3223x651px) Image search: [Google]
Falmer transformation.jpg
1MB, 3223x651px
>>52345653
>>52345760
The next Elder Scrolls needs to be set during the time that led up to their journey out of Tamriel. It would be epic to witness their cities in their prime.
>Dwemer tech buzzing about
>Dwemer castes going about their business
>Small units dealing with Snownigs coming from Atmora looking for loot
>Keeping the Falmer in line to mine those minerals
>Magic and technology go hand in hand

It'd be beautiful
>>
>>52354392
What we need is TES:Resdayn with Dwemer and Chimer in all their glory and epic endgame (Battle of Red Mountain) with many options from siding with Tribunal or Kagrenac to taking control of Numidium yourself.

Be the original Nerevarine. Also, meet Vehk the transsexual prostitute.
>>
Why DO the Telvanni use (mortal) slaves so extensively? Most seem beyond the need for them.

>>52354952
You wouldn't have the -ine.

And I feel that a game like that would need to be handled by a different studio on contract... Like Koei, Exactly like Koei to be specific, because that's some Dynasty Warriors type shit.

Or maybe the Mount and Blade guys.

>>52346302
I thought the Chimer did have some changes that only got more severe after Azura's curse.

>>52345807
Damn you.
>>
>>52348576
I think that's supposed to just be a Dwarven or maybe even bonemold arm piece.
>>
>>52345919
The digital cardgame has a (Possibly canon?) story mode? odd.
>>
File: suran_by_velena_gorosama-d9zk3g8.jpg (454KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
suran_by_velena_gorosama-d9zk3g8.jpg
454KB, 1600x899px
>>52347854
>>52352051
>>52352081
>>52348576
>>52354074
Higher res.

>>52354074
>It's everything I imagine Suran to be - steamy, sexy, seedy. A lot of art tends to expand towns, but this one works with what's there - this is an easily recognizable location in the game world with only a little artistic license.
I've not been to Suran much outside of basic quests nearby like the False Incarnate and Umbra what's there worth doing?
>>
>>52344936
Count me in, I'm so fucking hyped for TES3MP
>>
File: lataus.jpg (19KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
lataus.jpg
19KB, 270x186px
can somebody tell some lore about this island that is in Topal bay
>>
>>52357623
What is this? Tamriel the Antrena?
>>
>>52356875
Not really desu, it's a small town shit hole with a few merchant deals and little else, but this picture is nice and gives it much needed character.
>>
>>52356875
Suran is filled with filth and disgust, don't go there
>>
>>52356775
I think Resdayn game should mostly focuse on on peaceful times and journey of becoming the Nerevarine (or something else like Tonal Architect for Dwemer) before the war. The war would be just end of the game and I would be satisfied with cutscenes and ending slides, but having special Mount and Blade style tactical sequences there would be nice too.
>>
I'm thinking about doing some morrowind stuff in 28mm, since sculpting and casting some shields and armor should be doable. But what conflicts are there on morrowind, I'm thinking about ~30-50 models per side. Skirmishes between the houses or raids on caravans? Also how is the equipment distributed? I guess the leather, chitin and iron armor is common, while steel and bone is more rare? But what about Dwemer, Ebony, Daedric and Glass stuff? Would a caravan leader or some kind of high ranked house bodyguard own single pieces or is it even more rare?
>>
>>52358251
>>52354952
>Nerevarine
Holy Vehk, get your lore right, guys.
>>
>>52358327
Are you particularly thinking about conflicts between Dunmer?
>>
>>52358327
I wanted to 3d print Morrowind stuff, but I don't know how to extract and "pose" 3d models
>>
>>52358419
Conflicts with more races would be better. My knowledge about the fluff is really limited, so it would be ok if you'd tell me where/what to read. I tried googling for it, but the various wikis don't contain that much information.
If morrowind isn't the place for it, I guess should try skyrim. But what I got from the game was, that it's basically nords vs imperials or nords vs nords and maybe some mercenaries incorporated or these wild witchpeople ( I forgot the name). The problem is, skyrim feels a little aesthetically bland when compared to morrowind, even though the conflicts might be more interesting.
My first idea for a caravan was:
- group(s) of warriors guarding the caravan. ranged/melee light infantry
- a group of warriors from a certain house protecting something/someone. heavy infantry
- leader of the caravan. elite warrior of some sort
- some kind of pathfinder/hunter guys
- nord mercenaries. typical barbarian light infantry
- specialized mercenaries from mage/warrior guild
- silt strider. monsters

You see, I want to put this stuff into wargame categories....
>>
>>52358327
I'd say go with the game when it comes to armor and weapons. That is Daedric weapons/armor are exceptionally rare, glass is mostly for Armigers, ebony is more common (but only for rich nobles or those who rob them), weapons of glass and ebony are far more common than armor etc.
>>
File: tumblr_n5ewtzxiHM1rfhnobo8_1280.png (763KB, 1235x653px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5ewtzxiHM1rfhnobo8_1280.png
763KB, 1235x653px
Slow weekend. Spring break? Anyways, just wanted to post the last Suran art I have.
Does anyone have prints of TES art in their house? What's the running cost of stuff like this?
>>
>>52359473
I do embroidery and have been thinking about making banners/personal clan pendents and that sort of thing. I have a real interest in lore beyond what is just in books, but what also makes up the culture. So pottery, tapestry and etc are really fascinating to me
>>
Magic lore question, if I enchant a piece of cloth and sew it to another piece of enchanted cloth, will they stack, combine, or nullify?
>>
>>52360305
I'd say they work still work like being separate pieces. So effects are combined.
>>
>>52354392
>their journey out of Tamriel.
You mean thier autistic quest to become skin for their new fedora god?
>>
>>52360305
>>52360378
Id imagine they wouldnt work for this reason, while a lot of clothing is obviously used for covering the body, a lot of clothing culturally has religious, spiritual and cultural significance. Destroying a piece of this would nullify that significance.
>>
>>52361255
Depends on the enchantment. Not all of them are spiritual. Some of it's just soul/magicka driven technology. I can still see it causing bugs in the program if sewing harms fibers that enchantment is woven into.
>>
>>52361343
Well I didnt mean that the enchantments are particularly spiritual, just that garments tend to be culturally significant and that this significance sort of acts like a binder more or less
>>
>>52354392
everything about this post is offensive to me.
>>
>>52361422
We really don't know enough about enchantments to say how they are made, but it would seem that things like that only matter if the enchantment is done by binding something living and sensing (like a daedron) into an item or enchantment relies on mythopoeia like some really powerful ones such as Wraithguard. Most enchantment seem to be more like technological devices (in which it's more important that it has all the parts) though.
>>
Elvish werewolves, Merwolves, doesn't that just want to make you puke? What sort of werewolf comes from an elf? Or even an argonian? Just gross.
>>
>>52362582
Wolf form is actually same regardless of race if the games are of any evidence. Transformation will look different, but I'm pretty sure it's always gross.
>>
>>52362582
It's the from that Hircine gives, so I imagine it's mostly in his image
>>
The masses are aware that the Aedra are dead, yeah? Friends of mine are debating such.
>>
>>52363587
The Aedra aren't dead.
>>
>>52363587
The masses don't know shit from a haystack, that's why they're the masses.
>>
>>52363587
Elves might be somewhat more aware of the fact, but generally speaking, no.
>>
>>52363587
The Aedra are not dead. This is literally a meme.
The only god that is dead is Lorkhan, and that's only by the means in which something divine can in any sense, actually be dead.
>>
What's the difference between the Ada and the Aedra?
>>
>>52364428
Ada are Aedra and Daedra.
>>
>>52364511
Ok but what about the gods that aren't Aedra or Daedra?
>>
>>52364582
Every Et'Ada who's not Aedra is either Magna Ge or Daedra.
>>
>>52364601
Lorkhan, sithis, Anu, etc. dont qualify as any of those
>>
>>52364630
Sithis and Anu are not Et'Ada.
Lorkhan is both, kinda.
>>
>>52356875
>old man "Wulf" getting sweet Azura action
>tfw you will never save up your earnings for a trip to Suran, purchase the services of a hot young """acrobat""", and down a cure-disease potion on the way home
What a cruel world it is
>>
>>52359473
Easter isn't till the 16th, so I doubt it's spring break for most people.
>>
>>52364601
What about someone like Xarxes?
>>
>>52364779
Aedra.
>>
>>52364796
source?
>>
>>52364919
Varieties of Faith
>>
>>52364943
>Xarxes is the god of ancestry and secret knowledge. He began as a scribe to Auri-El, and has kept track of all Aldmeri accomplishments, large and small, since the beginning of time. He created his wife, Oghma, from his favorite moments in history.

This does not say he's an Aedra. It says he was Auri-El's scribe, but he also gave info to Herma-Mora, which lead to creating the Oghma Infinium. So theres no clear answer on what Xarxes is
>>
>>52364991
From PGE3:
>...no longer did the Aldmer worship their own ancestors, but the ancestors of their "betters." Auriel, Trinimac, Syrabane, and Phynaster are among the many ancestor spirits who became Gods.
Xarxes is a part of modern Altmeri pantheon.
Aedra literally means "our Ancestors".

Add up 2 and 2.
>>
>>52364511
Ada just means spirit, any spirit.
>>
So the Camoran Usurper is what happens when a Conjurer gets off his ass and gets to work.
And Mannimarco is what happens when a Necromancer nigga goes to work.

What happens with an Alterationist Nigga?
>>
>>52364715
I had spring break last week.
>>
>>52365326
They're indestructible tanks living in subterranean communes.
>>
>>52363587
The Aedra's sacrifice is probably well known to anyone literate, but not super well understood jsut HOW dead/alive they are.
>>
>>52365326
Generally they don't really have the ability to field huge forces the way those two do. And personal power can only get them so far.
>>
>>52365326
Tom Bombadil.

Arbetrary reality warping in their area of power and the ability to simply not give a fuck about shit that might effect them.
>>
>>52358607
Morrowind itself is pretty isolated, but you've historically got shit like Dunmer fighting Nords in the border regions, Morrowind being occupied by Nords (First Empire of the Nords), slave raiding in Black Marsh, wars against Argonians (Arnesian War, Accession War), and wars against the Empire (Four-Score War, Tiber Wars). The Oblivion Crisis was also a conflict against Daedric forces.
Dunmeri mercenaries are also a thing, and are known to have served in conflicts like the War of Betony. Plus there's a lot of inter-Dunmeri struggles, like feuds between Houses.

Start by reading the Pocket Guides, plus "2920, The Last Year of the First Era".

You could look at Scrollhammer for unit ideas. Your caravan idea sounds fine to me.
Dunmer don't appear to be big into cavalry, though few in Tamriel are, and horses don't thrive on Vvardenfell. Consider using Silt Striders and Guars as the pack animals. Orcish mercenaries are also a pretty common phenomenon, and fill roughly the same "barbarian" role as a Nord, though they tend to like heavy armour.
There would also be a lot of variance between the Houses in how they function, and what kind of troops they field.
>>
>>52363347
Pretty sure there are books that mention alligator-y argonian "werewolves"
I wouldn't really trust the games to disprove that
>>
>>52360132
Anthropology is very cool compared to some of the religious myth stuff, I agree. Different houses and clans would have different styles of pottery - Redoran redware is probably more durable and heavy, while Telvanni potters might weave alteration magic into their work to make urns and such weigh less and Hlaalu would emphasize form over function; Indoril would be heavily religious themed, while Dres would be a mixture of different slave-craft styles.
Banners too - I'm thinking European crests in the form of weaved tapestries and banners that illustrate clan origins, heritage, ties, allies, enemies, great victories and feats. In heavily traditional areas I could see these proudly posted over hearths and outside of dwellings, and wealthy clans and families might have elaborate frescoes and carvings.
>>52364715
Spring break at my college was last week, it's staggered throughout the US afaik; the county north had it last week (as did my college), this one had it this week, county south of here has it next week with the county to the east.
>>
>>52367225
It's probably a different strain like werebears and others.
>>
>Because the werewolf is the most ubiquitous of lycanthropes, the term lycanthropy has been used since ancient days to describe the disease that transforms men into half-beast, although lycanthrope only strictly should refer to men who change into werewolves. But that is semantics. There are certainly differences between the seven documented forms of lycanthropy in Tamriel, but more similarities.

>In Black Marsh and southern Morrowind, werecrocodiles stalk the swamps. Black Marsh also shares with the Imperial Province and the wetter parts of Elsweyr the vile presence of werelions. Valenwood's werevultures are not found in any other province. The wereboar has found both the climates of High Rock and Hammerfell amenable. As I mentioned before, the werebear is the most common lycanthrope in Skyrim, and is also found in the northern parts of High Rock, the Imperial Province, and Morrowind. The werewolf can be found in every province. The seventh lycanthrope, which I have never seen but my trusted peers have assured me exists, is a wereshark that roams the oceans around Tamriel.
>>
>>52368667
Yeah the general term is Zoanthropy but then you'd have to deal with GW's rabid lawyers.

Or Weresharks if you would.
>>
>>52368791
>Zoanthropy
Who the fuck mixed Greek and Latin.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therianthropy
>>
File: eso guar cavalry.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eso guar cavalry.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
>>52367066
>Dunmer don't appear to be big into cavalry
ESO has armored guar chargers.
>>
>>52368874
Guars seem like a horrible choice for a combat mount.
>>
>>52368974
Presumably they're a little tougher than the wild and pack versions encountered in Morrowind itself.
>>
>>52368874
that's kind of dumb
>>
>>52369225
Yeah but if you're gonna go for a not-dinosaur mount, a kagouti is infinitely more fearsome
>>
>>52369349
Kabouti and Alit may not be as omnivorous. And you can't always feed your mounts the enemy dead (And even if you took out the long marches and other dry times between battle, feeding them that way is a good way to get no quarter if a war turns against you.)
>>
>>52369430
If you're making a cavalry, you can make a food supply line.
>>
>getting bipedal mounts at all when you have walking siege tower taxis
>>
>>52368874
Is this supposed to be a battlefield?
>>
>>52369496
With those legs? Would be like running into battle on stilts.
A s(t)iltstrider
>>
>>52365326
Clone-daugther-wives

Hopefully
>>
>>52369975
That was probably just sentient "programmed" Corprus tumors grown in vat/artificial womb.
>>
File: miniature_horse.jpg (60KB, 700x248px) Image search: [Google]
miniature_horse.jpg
60KB, 700x248px
>>52368974
I'm sure there are varieties of Guar just like there are horses. I sure as hell wouldn't ride one of these into battle but that doesn't mean all horses are terrible war mounts.
>>52369349
Going back to my horse-guar comparison, Kagouti are probably similar to zebras; looks similar but is much harder to tame.
also
http://eso.mmo-fashion.com/kagouti-mount/
>>
>>52369496
>what is guar
>>
>>52369496
>put 2 mages on a silt strider
>1 deflects arrows and incoming magic
>1 just chugs potions and shits lightning all over the battlefield
>the silt strider just walks forward doing its haunting death-yawns
>all the dumb n'wah shit themselves at the sight of the giant bug incinerating everyone
>>
>>52370149
Sure hypothetically there could be different breeds of guar, but there aren't.
That doesn't mean they can't change that later and apply it retroactively, but as of right now there is just the guar.
>but is much harder to tame.
Even more of a reason for dunmer to use them over guar. Fits better with their life struggle outlook. Only outlanders would tame a simple guar for battle, it takes a real dunmer to tame a kagouti.
>>
File: hell.png (1MB, 791x580px) Image search: [Google]
hell.png
1MB, 791x580px
>>52369496
War-Striders sounds seriously badass.
also, whatever these fucking things are.
>>
>>52370272
TR calls these "Skyrenders".
>>
>>52370265
By "they" I meant bethesda, not zenimax.
>>
What's the deal with the moths?
>>
>>52373664
That is a good point, why do a bunch of moths who like a weird bark have a tie to the scrolls which are fragments of creation or something?
>>
File: other4.png (75KB, 641x483px) Image search: [Google]
other4.png
75KB, 641x483px
There's a devil in TES?
>>
>>52374238
Dagoth Ur is often referred to as The Devil.
A type of weapons enchanted with Bound Weapon are called Devil weapons.
>The Dunmer believe the spirits of the dead live on in our world. They can know and affect the future, and can speak with other spirits, and work great magic, so the Dunmer honor and gift them, and ask them for aid and protection. Strong spirits of heroes and wise women preserve the wisdom and honor of the race. The worst spirits are evil and harmful, called ghosts, and devils, and daemons.
>Most Ashlanders wish all foreigners and their false gods could be driven from Morrowind. At very least, Ashlanders wish the foreign devils would leave them in peace.
etc.
>>
>>52374276
I was in high rock when this popped up, not morrowind.
also, she said THE devil, not A devil
>>
>>52374284
Probably just a figure of speech then.
>>
>>52374238
Lorkhan.
>>
>>52367225
There's an Argonian who turns into a crocodile in ESO
>>
File: PROMOTIONS.png (557KB, 412x496px) Image search: [Google]
PROMOTIONS.png
557KB, 412x496px
>>52352081
Better quality here.

>>52352734
I like it. This is canon now.
>>
File: whats_going_on_in_this_thread.jpg (27KB, 365x382px) Image search: [Google]
whats_going_on_in_this_thread.jpg
27KB, 365x382px
>>52374574
>>
File: vivec's halls.jpg (1MB, 2048x2160px) Image search: [Google]
vivec's halls.jpg
1MB, 2048x2160px
>>52360132
>pottery, tapestry
I liked how Vivec had halls for all kinds of crafts, you don't see this in Oblivion or Skyrim.

>>52367225
Those are werecrocodiles though. I imagine they'd look like Daedroths.
>>
>>52374462
Cease your shitposting Altmer scum.
Lorkhan is best god-something-thing

>>52374609
>Playing as ayybanana
>>
>>52374609
I really should go back to Vivec, lately I've just been running errands.
>>
>>52365326
Vehk.
>>
>>52374744
Vehk was the thief. Sotha Sil was the mage, but his specialization is obviously enchantments because he is all about magitek.

Greatest alterationist would be woman mentioned in Breathing Water, but she's not legendary tier. Though she did live from first era to the third which is quite an achievement.
>>
>>52368791
So either way, GW's lawyers are gonna have a field day?
>>
File: 20170211165821_1.jpg (183KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170211165821_1.jpg
183KB, 1024x768px
>>52374666
>not playing as a lanklet bananaman
>>
>>52374284
>I was in high rock when this popped up
Looks like Hammerfell in that image
>>
>>52376730
oh, yes, hammerfell, duh, im a dumbass. i havent gotten to high rock yet. gahhh
>>
>>52374284
Lore from that era actually had demons and devil(s), modern lore was born in Reguard and Morrowind which discarded generic fantasy lore of earlier games.
>>
>>52354074

It's been so many years since I've played Morrowind, I really need to re-dl and mod it up. But I just modded the fuck out of Skyrim for the first time and kinda want to see if I've made it into an enjoyable experience and corrected all my ctd problems.
>>
>>52356775
>Why DO the Telvanni use (mortal) slaves so extensively? Most seem beyond the need for them.

Tradition. And food tastes better when made by someone suffering under your iron-fisted commands.
>>
>>52356875

That guy in the background leaning against the arch really bothers me for some reason, his clothing looks out of place to me even though it really isn't.
>>
>>52357623
sheogorath
>>
>>52377050
And god bless it for that.
>>
>>52380789
True, Arena literally had no lore and Daggerfall's lore was cringey despite Real Barenziah being a fun story.
>>
File: 1456725972499.png (517KB, 1581x1791px) Image search: [Google]
1456725972499.png
517KB, 1581x1791px
>>52381204
You have been fined for reckless and false memery.
>>
>>52381204
you're the only thing cringey here, anon.
>>
>>52381531
He's right, though
>>
>>52381204
Spoken like a true lorelet.
>>
>>52358251
>peaceful times
>Nerevar mantling himself
>ending slides
Holy shit mate that's terrible.
>>52378626
There's like five options to overhaul it, each with pros and cons but your best bet is to spend a week or so researching options and downloading mods you like, then breaking your install a few times before you get it right.
>>
>>52344750
Is there a canon "most beautiful person" in the elderscrolls?
>>
>>52384284
Me.
>>
>>52384284
Vivec.
>>
>>52384411
lol no
>>
File: 88nUgqw.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
88nUgqw.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>52384574
You know it, silly.
>>
>>52384607
He's disgusting, both inside and out.
>>
>>52384639
Dat loin cloth though
>>
>>52384652
Other people wear loincloths, and they look better for not being worn by Vivec.
>>
File: Foul Murder.jpg (168KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
Foul Murder.jpg
168KB, 800x582px
>>52384639
>>52384665
You're just cranky because you have vitamin M deficiency.
>>
>>52384284
>“My name is Almalexia,” said the most beautiful woman the Prince had ever seen. “Won't you join us?”
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:2920,_The_Last_Year_of_the_First_Era
>>
>>52384755
Nuh-uh. I just have taste!
>>
>>52384755
This picture has always creeped me the fuck out. Like, i get that almelexia and vivic are having a liitle murder orgy, and putting aside her weird foot fetish I've never liked how she's hanging out with only a skirt on. Its creepy.

I think the elphant in the room is that thing Sil has on his arm. Im pretty sure it took a mans face off. How in the heck do he do that? Is it a ray gun? does it shot razors? fuck. And he's just holding the face there like it aint no thing.
>>
>>52385341
>Is it a ray gun? does it shot razors?
It's the original concept for the Wraithguard. You can still find it ingame on some dwemer schematics.
>>
>>52385419
>>
>>52385341
She's probably wearing something on her tits just covered by her arm. Not exactly an image with tons of minute details.
>>
File: 1486182688882.jpg (274KB, 1280x603px) Image search: [Google]
1486182688882.jpg
274KB, 1280x603px
AlexeyRudikov has some damn good Morrowind art.
>>
File: ald__ruhn_by_lelek1980-d4exr20.jpg (2MB, 1600x989px) Image search: [Google]
ald__ruhn_by_lelek1980-d4exr20.jpg
2MB, 1600x989px
>>52386217
>>
>>52385447
>Wraithguard was going to be a tuning fork

It's like pottery
>>
So, how feasible is it to rip models from Skyrim and 3D print them for figures? I have zero knowledge of how to do this, but surely it's possible.
>>
>>52385341
>I've never liked how she's hanging out with only a skirt on. Its creepy.

You think the Dunmer just became sluts? No son, slut is in their blood, no matter the skin or eye colour. .
>>
Is there any naming or language conventions used for the Dunmer and Morrowind in general? Any specific languages that were inspiration in it's design?
>>
>>52387161
>Any specific languages that were inspiration in it's design?
Yes.
All of them.
>>
>>52364683
Why not? Prostitutes are a thing. In Europe/Vegas they even have High Class ones that probably do "acrobatics." Suran reminds me of Amsterdam. Just trip nuts in the Netherlands and make that woman wear elf ears.
>>
>>52387420
>Yes.
>All of the

That doesn't help me at all, there is a recognizable trend in the naming conventions of Morrowind.

I want to know what languages were used as inspiration in that design.
>>
>>52387581

Middle Eastern, especially ancient cultures of the area like Babylon. Trading, location, myths, culture... All seem to reflect it to a degree. Of course, a good deal of it also changes from House to House. Arabic is a solid influence, though.

I've always sensed a tinge of Indian in it, but I'm not sure that's quite correct. I know a good deal of their religion, culture, and philosophy stems from more Eastern philosophies and metaphysics than Western influence, which is why it seems to enrapturing, odd, and exotic to us.

But overall they do seem to be uniquely their own things. Chimeric, as all creations are, having taken influence from a good deal of sources and been combined by a skillful hand to make something wholly its own beast.
>>
>>52385341
Sil has no gun, but Vivec does. Look at the Muatra and you can sed flintlock parts. I suppose this was "tribunal gun" used to against Alandro Sul as mentioned by MK.
>>
>>52387581

I can't speak for all of the names, but some (mostly caves and geographical features) are looted from ancient Near Eastern history. A lot of them are Babylonian and Assyrian ruler names, but a couple (Maesa, Mamaea) are actually names of the women of the Severan dynasty of Imperial Rome, who all hailed from the city of Emesa in Syria.
>>
>>52386477
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:850180
This is the closest thing I've found
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ14Ap4r6gk

This is cooooool
>>
>>52384755
Does the severing of Nerevar's feet symbolize something?
>>
>>52392299
So that the Nerevarine may return as any walk of life.
>>
>>52345653
I don't know, I think they would look better with light brown skin or light yellow. Would be more in line with the Babylonian /Phoenician theme
>>
>>52345653
Why on earth would they be blue? The Dunmer are only blue because Azura cursed them. They'd be pale/yellow, like all the other elves.
>>
>>52354239
Way to answer the question there, bucko
>>
>>52370138

I figured it was more like the spell Clone. He says specifically they're his DNA, in some fantasy terms, doesn't he? He doesn't have corprus.
>>
>>52393444
He said they were a pleasant side result of his research into Corprus.
>>
>>52385447
>>52386344
I think Wraithguard was the pod and Keening was the fork.

I wanna see the Leather scout concept. Or concepts in general.
>>
Boethiah is credited by the Dunmer with teaching them "Responsible Architecture" which style do you think eh taught? The weird pod-shaped buildings the Redoran favor? Or just the clay/mudbrick that seems popular in general?
>>
>>52395152
What does responsible architecture even mean.
>>
>>52395167
Isn't that eco-conscient building ?
>>
>>52394675
Can do.
>>
>>52395496
>>
>>52395511
>>
>>52395529
>>
>>52395561
>>
>>52395578
>>
>>52395597
>>
>>52395617
>>
>>52395637
>>
>>52395656
>>
>>52395676
>>
>>52395698
>>
Nice dump, go on
>>
>>52395712
>>
>>52395735
>>
>>52395757
>>
>>52395776
>>
>>52395801
>>
>>52395822
>>
>>52395846
>>
>>52395865
>>
>>52395846
>clannfear daddy
How literal do you think that is
>>
>>52395891
>>
>>52395910
Forgot the first page.
High-res scans: http://mw.modhistory.com/download-7-14996
That be all.
>>
>>52395910
God, netches looked like some eldritch shit. I love it.
>>
>>52395910
Dagoth Ur
>>
>>52395905
They just like to be called "daddy".
In the realm of Oblivion, they are the faceless fat men.
>>
>>52395905
How is babby formed?
>>
>>52393675
>study evil tumor god disease
>get waifus out of it

Not a bad deal
>>
>>52395152
>>52395167
That's what I was asking basically.
>>
Did Mephala and Boethiah accept the Tribunal more than Azura? Their quests and the fact that Boethiah left the Ebony Mail inside a Tribunal Pilgrimage site seem to indicate no ill will between the two of them and the Tribunal, but if you ONLY do Azura's shrine quest and ignore the Main quest she also doesn't comment on the Tribunal.
>>
File: 1483107665016.jpg (367KB, 860x864px) Image search: [Google]
1483107665016.jpg
367KB, 860x864px
>>52397800
You could say everyone accepted the Tribunal more than Azura ever did. That Daedric Prince is the sphere of vindictiveness, ally to Molag Bal.
>>
>>52398018
is it supposed to look like a vagina
>>
File: 1433734828248.png (184KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
1433734828248.png
184KB, 500x347px
>>52398117
Is she the sphere of vanity, egoism and being a cunt?
>>
File: i also do anal.jpg (50KB, 526x935px) Image search: [Google]
i also do anal.jpg
50KB, 526x935px
>>52360305
>>52361255
This gives me an idea. What if I enchant twenty or so different shirts and wear them all at the same time? Do the effects of all the worn shirts stack? Could I do pic related and become a walking magical god?
>>
>>52360305
You can get five enchantments per slot, more if you add negative enchantments. Doesn't matter if you do it by patchworking things together or not.

Ignore Twin Secrets and the Rule of Firsts because it's complete bullshit.
>>
>>52374609
>I liked how Vivec had halls for all kinds of crafts, you don't see this in Oblivion or Skyrim.
True, but the AI is simpler and the clutter doesn't have Physics in Morrowind, plus they use instanced rooms a lot more in cities (I think some of the cantons' internal rooms overlap pretty badly.)
>>
>>52398203
Actually that's more of mephala's sphere. Mephala is fucking crazy.
>>
>>52398279
I don't think you need to be a god to do anal.
>>
>>52398203
>>52398407
That reminds me, do you think Mephala, Hermaeus Mora, Nocturnal, Azura, and to a lesser degree Boethiah fight over who is the best Daedra of secrets?
>>
>>52398407
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Azura
>whose sphere is dawn and dusk—the magic in-between realms of twilight—as well as vanity and egotism
>>
File: 1374384646850.jpg (236KB, 451x500px) Image search: [Google]
1374384646850.jpg
236KB, 451x500px
>>52398481
No. Whereas spheres are only spoken of because you wish to solicit with certain Daedric Princes in certain fields, they are only emotional aspects or approaches to ends. Secrets are everywhere yet Mephala is confusion of truth, Hermaeus Mora attainment of knowledge, Nocturnal obscuration, Azura prophecy and Boethiah outright deceit.
>>
>>52398661
I just liked the idea of Daedric lords having spy games using followers and servitors.

Also I wonder if Boethiah has anything more intimidating than just Hungers. Don't get me wrong, they're cool, but basically animals, I'm wondering if she/he's got anything like Winged Twilights/Golden Saints/Dremora/Spider Daedra.
>>
>>52398873
>but basically animals
What.
>>
>>52398873
Oh, sorry. Yeah, they're big into drama and agents of their will. Though Mephala and Hermaues Mora are allied.
>>
>>52398279
I would think that after a few layers it won't register you as the wearer.
Also you'll need to do a lot more than anal to be a god, look at Vivec
>>
File: Pelinal is the strongest waifu.jpg (111KB, 1014x788px) Image search: [Google]
Pelinal is the strongest waifu.jpg
111KB, 1014x788px
Why does he hate the elves?
>>
>>52403570
Why do the leaves fall or the river flow?
>>
>>52403570
he is probably a nordlet
>>
>>52403612
>Why do the leaves fall
Redorans
>>
>>52403630
Technically, river flows because of Redoran too.
>>
>>52403570
Why do you not hate the elves?
>>
File: magnus.jpg (23KB, 248x216px) Image search: [Google]
magnus.jpg
23KB, 248x216px
>>52403851
My wife's an elf.
>>
>>52393052
No problem.
>>
File: IMG_2004.jpg (46KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2004.jpg
46KB, 655x527px
I'm confused on when the Dragon cult came to Skyrim and Solstheim and when the Dragon war happened. The Snow Elves are suppose to be the very first inhabitants of Skyrim and Saarthal, founded by Ysgramor who would later genocide the snow elves, was the first ever Nordic settlement on the continent. This would mean that the Dragon cult would've arrived after or during the conquest of Skyrim by Ysgramor but there's no reference whatsoever of dragons or dragon priests in the Nord-Falmer war which there probably should be.

Then there's the character Ahzidal who was born in Saarthal, became a dragon priest and was entombed on Solstheim by the Dragon cult. This seems out of place since the Snow Elves still should've been in control of Solstheim or at least still have had presence there since they weren't removed until long after Ysgramor died. Also Nords probably only would've settled there after the Snow Elves were removed in the battle that saw the Snow Prince fall.

Harold, 13th in the line of Ysgramor in the first era, also saw the destruction of a remnant of the dragon cult under the dragon priest named Rahgot. If the dragon cult happened in between Ysgramor and Harald then the dysnasty wouldn't mean shit since the dragon priests held all control until the dragon war. Combined with how many things dragon cult related there are in Skyrim, it looks like the dragon cult happened before Ysgramor.

Maybe I'm just overthinking this but it just seems like a clusterfuck in lore.
>>
>>52405652
I think MK posted something about Ysgramor being a dragon priest. Or a dragon.
>>
>>52405652
Dragon Cult wasn't always politically active or malicious. Only when Alduin decided to play with his food for a few millennia before eventually eating the world did it get tyrannical.
>>
File: 1443645326051.png (162KB, 245x282px) Image search: [Google]
1443645326051.png
162KB, 245x282px
I keep on getting tempted to play Morrowind again, but I know I'm weak enough I'd find it such a slog. Not as bad a slog as Daggerfall, but still.

My character's a weird one too, if you look at him right. Breton, somewhere between a battlemage and a sorcerer, and seeming to favor Imperial armor, fashion, and food, and the Imperial Cult - but yet he's living in the middle of Ald'Ruhn and is a firm friend of the Redoran.
>>
>>52406467
If the walking gets you down just console yourself some Icarian flight to double as fast travel.
>>
>>52405652
>Nord-Falmer war
>war
Who said that there was only 1 war? The wars probably went on for hundreds of years during which the nords also fought against the Dragon cult.

>Ahzidal
>entombed on Solstheim by the Dragon cult
Was he though it seems that he betrayed the cult and joined Miraak.

Another thing that we don't know is the realtionship of the dragons, the dragon cult and Miraak to the Falmer.
>>
>>52399960
Okay what if I get like 40 belts and enchant each of them with something really cool and then wear them like I'm a JRPG character?
>>
File: Lulu-render-ffx[1].png (191KB, 389x717px) Image search: [Google]
Lulu-render-ffx[1].png
191KB, 389x717px
>>52408440
You'll become a pretty good mage, I guess
>>
>>52399960
>look at Vivec
So ass-to-mouth too? And a stickjob?
>>
>>52408635
You get CHIM by fucking the King of Insects.
>>
>>52408659
Do I need protection?
>>
>>52408702
No, but the King of Bugs sure did.
someone post the pic I don't have it
>>
>>52395931
Thanks for the dump, amazing stuff.

I had no idea that the demon elephant thing was supposed to play music from its face.
>>
>>52405652
>"With the Morag broken and sent into the eastern slush, we finally caught sight of Snow-Throat, and knew that our journey was near its ending again. It was the World-Eater’s-Waking that broke shore first, Shouting our victory and doom, whose Boat-Thane was Ysmaalithax the Northerly Dragon..."

>>52405798
Ysgramor's arguable dracochrysalis is from:
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/five-hundred-mighty-companions-or-thereabouts-ysgramor-returned
>>
>>52408728
On a scale of 1 to Molag Bal, how hard did Vivec fuck the bug?
>>
>>52409049
He flat out said
>Ysgramor was a Dragon
>YS GRA MOR
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1357025-the-dragon-war-documented/
>>
>>52395891
Damn, we really need more games with ancient fertile crescent civilization inspiration
>>
>>52386477
Something like this, maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KR2kQcHCho
>>
>>52395656
who is #61?
>>
>>52406467
be stronger? Steal galbedir's soul gems, make SR71-style magic items, break the game. Easy.
>>
>>52395656
>>52411200
I forget exactly who, but they're definitely in the game.

I really loved stacking the shrines, and pilgrimages in general as themes of the Tribunal Temple. I want to make Pilgrimage a big trait in my own settings because of it. (Possibly with the more difficult to reach Pilgrim shrines granting permanent buffs to characters.)
>>
>>52411260
Of if you don't want to make infinite-cycle-of int potions to get a high enchant chance go to one of the caves with scrolls of Ekash's Locksplitter and bust into the treasure chests in Tel Fyr.
>>
File: His_name_is_Hennet_SORCERER.jpg (34KB, 339x480px) Image search: [Google]
His_name_is_Hennet_SORCERER.jpg
34KB, 339x480px
>>52408551

s/mage/sorcerer
>>
>>52411200
Indoril Nerevar.
>>
>>52395656
>>52412092
Really? I thought that was 56. But looking it up you are correct, I now remember being surprised by it every time.
>>
>>52412092
>>52412319
he doesn't look too good, then again I guess that's what happens when you get your face and feet torn off and used to masturbate 3 people
>>
>>52412061
>>52408551
fucking minmaxer exploiters...
>>
File: Vehk and the Bug King.png (931KB, 1022x1834px) Image search: [Google]
Vehk and the Bug King.png
931KB, 1022x1834px
>>52408728
>>
>>52409471
He had a commemorative statue made for public display.
>>
>>52409049
So if I read that right, which is hard to do with something that name heavy, Ysgramor and Ysmaalithax are one in the same?
>>
>>52409727
I remember a very old thing about dragons having men-forms, I just forget where it was from.
>>
>>52421887
Akatosh is depicted as having the head of both a man and a dragon.
>>
So, do you think any part of Malacath or his body of followers is grateful for his predicament?

Seeing it as an improvement upon Trinimac being a shitty High Elf stooge?
>>
>>52415891
Thanks duder.
>>
File: Gortwog gro-Nagorm.jpg (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Gortwog gro-Nagorm.jpg
75KB, 800x800px
>>52422948
Behead those who insult Trinimac.
>>
>>52423833
>posts the little shit that denounced Malacath in favor of Trinimac
>>
>>52422948
>>52423833
>>52424105
I just like the idea of Malacath and Boethiah getting along for some reason/
>>
Any references/sources for sunburn/tanning?
>>
>>52415891
Okay what the fuck. What is the backstory to this? Or is this just /tg/ saying every time Vivectalks about Muatra he's talking about his dick.
>>
>>52424777
Something about the creatures being vain and mr sexy 2tones put them in their place
>>
>>52421887
Gt Noonan mentioned the possibility that Tiber Septim was a Dragon shapeshifted into human form.
https://www.imperial-library.info/content/forum-archive-gt-noonan
>>
File: destruction.png (124KB, 244x352px) Image search: [Google]
destruction.png
124KB, 244x352px
shall we sage from now on to ensure the thread dies?
>>
>>52427787
Why would you not sage when asking that?
>>
>>52427964
but I did
Thread posts: 299
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.