[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has one of your characters ever decided to give up? To Let Go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1490356777371.png (285KB, 701x503px) Image search: [Google]
1490356777371.png
285KB, 701x503px
Has one of your characters ever decided to give up?

To Let Go
>>
Fuck off, jackposter.
>>
>>52342016
I swear, jackposters are worse than doomposters when it just came out.
>>
File: 1490242004616.png (731KB, 976x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1490242004616.png
731KB, 976x1132px
>>52342016
One got close, but that was 'off screen.' He was a dwarf who blamed himself for being laid up when his unit of shieldbreakers was wiped out, and convinced himself that he was a malingering coward.
>>
>>52342027
>>52342019
Gonna cry like Steven?
>>
>>52342042
Fuck off, jackposter.
>>
>>52342016
Several of my characters I've had to give up simply because the DM stopped running. Almost all of them, actually. It's hard to find a good game. :(
>>
>>52342055
So that's a yes.
>>
>>52342125
I know that feeling.
>>
>>52342162
To be honest, I might have said "all" instead of "several," as there's always the chance that my "current" (read: our last session was months ago) characters will never see the light of day again either, with how infrequent and nondependable my current DM is.
>>
>>52342016
>Has one of your characters ever decided to give up?

Yes, it was after a DM I met on Roll20 did the stereotypical schlocky thing and had my character's family murdered then, the session after, have everyone hate our group and think they were responsible.

Before all of this the DM was already kinda shitty, so when we were thrown into jail and Convenient Escape Plan came up, my character leaned back in his bed, closed his eyes, and told them to go on without him.

I don't even know if they hung around for the execution, because I know I didn't. That's my greatest regret from that campaign, I never got to see how many contrived "out cards" the DM would offer my character from the hangman's noose.
>>
>>52342016
Eventually he gave up on the idea that he will come back alive and he is fine with it since in his death his family will live in the lap of luxury until their natural deaths, which is something he made sure will happen if his own life ends abruptly.
>>
>>52342019
>>52342027
I thought it was a stale Frozen reference under disguise.
>>
>>52342016
A few times, mostly after the DM pulled the whole "kill your loved ones to motivate you" thing. They're always so shocked that something like that could break a man.
>>
>>52342016

Only reason she hasn't is that offing herself would let the daemon some cunt put in her head out, which would fuck things up even more than they already are.
>>
>>52342385
>They're always so shocked that something like that could break a man.

To be fair, the mass murder of your loved ones usually isn't enough to make pull out your knife then and there, it's a combination of the murder of your loved ones and something else, typically the unavailability of revenge.

If the big bad slaughters your wife and baby and is standing right there, normally you'd try to kill him. If the big bad does the same thing only teleportals out to some unreachable land? Now's the time for some bullet salad.
>>
>>52342016
She found out her entire life was an overly elaborate script courtesy of a talented team of script writers.
Everyone but her immediate work friends were all in on it, and only because they were victims in the exact same boat.
Even her long-term boyfriend is in on it. Specifically to keep her from potentially seeing anyone from outside the conspiracy.

Worst still, she wasn't even the original. She's currently the thirty-third duplicate. The original took a bullet to her skull during a shoot-out over five years ago.

She got determined again on meeting an earlier duplicate who wasn't religious. She took this as evidence she had free will and discovered religion independently of her 'script'.
In actuality, she was created to be religious and her duplicate wasn't for inconsequential reasons. She doesn't know this though
>>
>>52342914
What the hell
>>
>>52342016
No.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.