[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Star Wars General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 428
Thread images: 102

File: UUUU.jpg (45KB, 247x332px) Image search: [Google]
UUUU.jpg
45KB, 247x332px
"Dr. Skywalker, I'm O-W K" Edition

Previous thread: >>52293472

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

In you games, how do you incorporate memes?
>>
>>52339812
>how do you incorporate memes?
taking opportunities when you see them. My politico's go-to scathing tirade is just the 'Wade D is Wack' rant applied to the situation.
>His Armor? WACK
>His Guns? WACK
>His Clan? WACK
>His Ship? WACK
>The Way That He Fights? WACK
>The Way He Doesn't Even Follow the Law? WACK
>Me? I'm Tight As FUCK
>>
>>52339812
There's always a chicken-duck-woman waiting in the bushes
>>
>>52339812
So I'm playing a Saga campaign, does anyone have all the compiled races? Looking for one that goes good for a heavy saber combatant.
>>
What the fuck do I do as rebels to shit stomp Jumpmasters? I'm sick of just getting fucked off the board without making a dent in them every time I go up against them, which is often as fuck since it seems no one in my area sees anything wrong with bringing their tournament meta lists to casual nights of play. Do I just have to run something retarded like double Lothal Rebels + Biggs or is that still just going to get fucked by their four fucking torpedos?
>>
>>52340371
Wes Janson. Strip those target locks. Prevent them from firing.

Biggs with R4-D6, he should be capable of taking three torp shots unless they get lucky with crits.

Jake Farrell. Hard to fly, but go around, be a bastard, and never have anything hit through focus/evade/AT.

If you want to be a bastard right back take either triple K bombers loaded with cluster mines or Kanan/Biggs.

My personal favorite is Wes/Biggs/Norra. Norra just destroys anything that isn't 3 agility+tokens, and they'll have to use their torps on Biggs if they want to burn him down in time. End game, R2D2, title crit, and tail gunner should win in a 1v1 or 1v2 against Jumpmasters. I've beaten two /x7 defenders with the build.

Sadly the Jumpmaster is still the most efficient ship in the game and will remain so until FFG decides to errata points cost. The EPT on the scout was probably the worst single mistake they've ever made in terms of balance.
>>
File: 1490280121442 (1).jpg (1016KB, 1888x2328px) Image search: [Google]
1490280121442 (1).jpg
1016KB, 1888x2328px
Saw this image last thread, anyone know what the ships are that I've circled, and if they're in the FFG RPG yet? They really appeal to my aesthetics
>>
Just started a new FaD game. Brand new to RP games in general, what should I look out for?
>>
File: 1490063101642.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490063101642.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>52339812
Should Maul had won and killed Obi-wan
>>
>>52340903
No, are you stupid? Obi-wan had beaten Anakin fair and square by that point, Maul was no match for either of them.
>>
>>52340542
Biggs doesn't work anymore against torps.

Biggs Darklighter's ability does not trigger if the attacker chose a weapon that cannot target Biggs Darklighter. (X-Wing FAQ, Version 4.2.2, Updated 10/17/2016)

So if they have a tl on another ship and choose to use their torps, they can get around him.
>>
>>52340903
>when Obi-Wan changed from his prequel stance to Quigon's
Maul didn't have a chance against that level of pottery.
>>
>>52340849

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Owool_Interceptor

Wookiee fighters from past when we all stopped reading the EU
>>
>>52340963
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Owool_Interceptor

>Notices interceptor
>Owool what's this?
>>
File: AlexBenetelRogueOne-Photo2.jpg (145KB, 1400x935px) Image search: [Google]
AlexBenetelRogueOne-Photo2.jpg
145KB, 1400x935px
>>52341015

Not following you, have a picture
>>
File: CA_ILM_the_Job_KeyFrame01.jpg (467KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
CA_ILM_the_Job_KeyFrame01.jpg
467KB, 1920x816px
>>52340141
You'll wand the 'ultimate alien anthology', that's got all of the critters in it you can play

>>52340903
At least the poor bastard is dead
>>
>>52341094
>ultimate alien anthology
Is that for Saga edition? I don't recall seeing that in the files.
>>
>>52341107
Been awhile since I read it, its D20 but might work with Saga.
If its anywhere the Hungry Ewok site might have it
>>
>>52340903
Nah, I didn't want him to die but there was no way he could win that fight. What I wanted was for Obiwan to beat him without ever drawing his lightsaber, talk him down and heal some of that broken, tortured soul that's suffered at the hands of jedi, sith, mandalorians, inquisitors, basically everyone. For Obiwan to grow by showing he could not only forgive Maul for killing his own master, but go one step further and even try to help him.

Then they could have had a splice of life spin-off series as they become roommates and bicker like old men whilst having whacky adventures and try to avoid letting a young Luke ever see them using force powers
>>
>>52339942
Please send your player a truckload of kudos.
>>
>>52341138
Redeeming a dark sider would have gone against Obi's characterization in Empire Strikes Back.
>>
Is it minmaxing to have my Ace start with a 5 in Ag? I want him to be good but don't want to be That Guy. Will be starting an all three game campaign soon (mainly AoR though, I think we've got one from Edge and one from FaD)
>>
>>52341219
If you're intending to get in a snub fighter it won't be a problem for long.
>>
>>52341219
Minmaxing is minimizing some stats and maxing others so before we can answer we need to know; how did you get that 5 in Ag?
>>
>>52341241
Kyuzo start with a 3 in Agility and either 90 or 100XP so can go to five, and we're getting bonus XP after chargen but before we start to balance the first few games (a long campaign is anticipated).
>>
>>52341304
So you're not taking points away from something else to give to Ag? then no it's not minmaxing.
>>
>>52341314
Ok cheers, just didn't want to be That Guy. Checks and balances y'all.
>>
>>52341323
Being That Guy, isn't about minmaxing it's about your behavior, and your characters behavior, being a minmaxer has got fuck all to do with it, but you'll be fine, have fun.
>>
Dunno if we caught these here - pictures of the C-ROC and Wave 11 from Hoth Open.
>>
>>52341372
>>
>>52341378
>>
File: IMG_0150.png (263KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0150.png
263KB, 400x277px
>>52341138
That would have some fairly bad implications later on
>he's more machine than man now, twisted and evil
>incidentally, did I ever tell you about old Uncle Maul you saw round Tatooine?
>he was an ex Sith assassin, one of Sheev's first apprentices
>in his reign of terror, he was responsible for the deaths of millions and killed thousands personally, including my master and the only woman I ever loved.
>thinking about it, if he hadn't killed my master, your father might have had a more experienced teacher and have averted this whole mess
>he probably wouldn't have forgot to save your grandmother from slavery and sand people rape like I did, at any rate.
>later on I redeemed Maul and he became a good friend.

>anyway, as I was saying, your father needs to die because you can't redeem him
>>
File: It's like poetry.jpg (28KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
It's like poetry.jpg
28KB, 300x269px
>>52340943
yeah that soresu to shii-cho switch got my dick tingly.

>mfw Obi literally baited out the same move that killed Quigon.

It's like
>>
>>52339812
>how do you incorporate memes

I try not to, but last session the pilot entered a swoop race to help pay for a bunch of shit the party wanted doing to their ship.
I queued up some pod racer sound effects and cheering crowd, but then the player requested music and linked me a particular song.

I thought fuck it, why not. And then the race was Eurobeat
>>
>>52339812
I find that paraphrasing God helps in regards to references of any kind.
When you do it right, somebody who doesn't get it won't be sure you did anything at all
>>
>>52341526

It get's better when you consider that prior to Maul appearing out of fucking nowhere on Tatooine Lightsaber Dueling was considered a really archaic pastime, like Morris Dancing.
That was why Count Dooku was considered such a weirdo, on account of him mastering that.
And him passing it on to his padawan Qui-Gonn was one of the reasons why HE was considered such a maverick as well.

Then Darth Maul appears on the scene.

The Sith are back.

And all of a sudden Lightsaber dueling forms don't seem quite so uncool to learn anymore, and at the heart of this movement, this twirling laser glowstick renaissance is Obi-Wan. In that room. Trying to think what style he would need to beat Darth Maul.

The result?

The result beats 20+ Jedi Killer General Greivous to a standstill at least twice before killing him on Utapau.
The result leaves Obi-Wan Kenobi as the ONLY person to face Darth Vader and not lose once.

Sure both he an Luke beat him once. But Luke had to get his ass kicked and lose a hand first.
ONLY Obi-Wan has NEVER lost facing Darth Vader.

I mean, that final fight in the Death Star? Obi-Wan fucking led Darth around by the nose for half an hour without him getting anywhere. They LITERALLY got to the hangar bay doors from the fucking tractor beam before Obi-Wan decides to try out this force ghost trick Qui-Gonns been teaching him.

THERE WAS AT LEAST ONE LIFT JOURNEY INVOLVED IN THAT ROUTE.
>>
>>52340371
>double Lothal Rebels
>Running big ships competitively
Not as Rebels you aren't

My advice, practice more. The Jumpmaster is tough (at least manaroo got nerfed) but it's not unstoppable.
I can beat U-boats with my Corran/Miranda list, but that's only because I spent my time getting stomped by it until I learned how to use my list against it.
>>
>>52339812
Gimme yer home-made aliens /swg/.
>>
>>52341957
Most of my homebrew aliens have been wildlife that have used other statblocks with some goodies. The most memorable was a dianoga fluffed as a dark side incarnation, stat wise I gave it sense and misdirect.
>>
>>52341645
Obi-wan could have taken sheev like he was a nobody
>>
>>52342372
That part I doubt. Palpatine fought Yoda to a standstill in RotS and by the Rebellion era, he had over 19 years to feed on the collective suffering of the galaxy. He was also older and more experienced than Obi-Wan. Old Ben would have given a good fight and bloodied Palps' nose, but he wouldn't have been able to seal the deal. He'd be tarpitted by a Royal Guard dogpile before even getting close to Palpatine, presumably while Palps made lightning pot-shots from behind his wall of guards.
>>
>>52342372
No way.
Palpatine fought 4 Jedi masters, including one council member to a draw single-handed. Put that Sheev up against Clone Wars Obi-Wan and Obi-Wan's dead.

Even though Obi-Wan became a more superb duelist during his time on Tattoine, I can't see him beating old palpatine.
>>
>>52341482
>you can't redeem him
Isn't that exactly what Luke does?
>>
File: IMG_0678.jpg (78KB, 438x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0678.jpg
78KB, 438x576px
>>52342372
>Ever Peeving the Sheev
>>
>>52342953
Obi-Wan was God Tier at using the force by ANH, so he might have been able to match him in that department, or at least put up more of a fight than Maul did.
>>
>>52343059
Yes, but the fact that Obi-Wan didn't think it was possible was my point.
Had he redeemed Maul, or at least got him to cool his tits, he would have had first hand proof of a former Sith turning a new leaf
>>
>>52342372
Maybe not in a straight saber fight, but obi-wan's crazy improv skills and superhuman skill at using any possible opening no matter how unconventional are what made him the second most dangerous man alive during the clone wars, and that might give him the edge against sheevy p
>>
>>52339975
I just want to acknowledge this post.
>>
>>52343166
But if he could beat sheev what's the point? Even a suicide mission that succeeds would basically end the Empire, since Darth Vader has all the subtlety of choking someone to death in a staff meeting. Without Palpy the Empire would fall into infighting within 10 minutes
>>
>>52343208
>What's the point

I meant why didn't he actually do that fuck
>>
>>52343218
Because of risk vs reward.
He thought Luke had a better chance of stopping Sheev than he did, so he kept his attempts to Cleave him at bay.
If he'd fucked up, Luke would probably have been accepted into the academy then spotted by Vader at a later date
>>
>>52341386
>>52341378
>>52341372

Punk-ass bitches be ragging on the Aggressor, but I love the mini.
>>
File: sometimes you just need a hand.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sometimes you just need a hand.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>52341482
>your father needs to die because you can't redeem him

He was a good friend!
>>
>>52340880
Rule Zero: Don't give your GM Ideas. your fellow players will hate you for it.
So if you come up with a cool way things can ll go to shit? don't tell the GM
>>
>>52343565
This is entirely untrue. As a player, be creative and suggest cool things to the GM. It means you're not only engaged, but processing options. GMs eat that shit up.

If another player gets pissy, fuck 'em. Maybe they should have thought of their own badass idea.
>>
>>52343601
Nice try, GM!
>>
>>52340880
TTRPGs are generally not Player vs Player and not Players vs GM. Realize that it is supposed to be you and your friends having fun and you will go far.

For FnD specifically realize that at starting XP, you have rough the same skill level and force ability as luke at the start of ANH.
>>
>>52344465
see
>>52344657
>>
File: 1400119964976.jpg (35KB, 563x281px) Image search: [Google]
1400119964976.jpg
35KB, 563x281px
>>52344687
Don't be salty because your character died after ignoring every plot hook and trying to pick fights with random passerby.

But in all seriousness, TTRPGs are a team effort, and if one person tries to make it all about them, it can quickly go to shit and leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth. intrapersonal conflict can be fun, but only if both parties want it, and no hard feelings are left afterwards.
>>
>>52343289
I think it's the best looking of the three, it's got a distinct wing shape so it's way ahead of the TIE/sf and /fo at least. The bomber doesn't look awful but it does scream "video game with a low poly count" and the wookie thing just looks fucking retarded.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvcMQpBdbA4

New video's out. There's some audio problems at the very beginning, and I'm still sick as a dog, so I'm sorry for that.
>>
>>52344825
Hey, I like the Auzituk
>>
>>52344825

Yeah, I like the H-6, but it does have a very "early vidya" blockiness too it. Like Snake with his Mk 23 SOCOM.

I can't really blame FFG for any shortcomings with the gunship - it's not a very impressive CG model which makes sense since it only appeared for like 5 seconds in a shot in a pilot movie and some flat drawing since. It's got a helo look to it which is nice, and I can say it looks kinda Wookiee, but at the same time the coloring and the greebles aren't really appealing to me.
>>
Anybody know when the 2017/2018 championship series is going to be announced?
>>
>>52343208
Eh, I think you're underestimating Vader.

Vader's perfectly capable of subtlety, he just finds it distasteful. In that scenario he didn't need, or want to, be subtle. The point was to slap that smug fuck's shit for shit talking the force, and for everyone in that room to see it.
>>
>>52340141
Saga had the fan made omnidex. Won't help with stats but it will list pretty much everything and where it's from. Any kind of force user in saga is pretty much Charisma all day every day
>>
>>52341107
It is not for saga
>>
Has anyone had a force user character that successfully redirected force lighting either away from themselves or back to the user like Uncle Iroh from A:tLA?
>>
>>52345353
Yoda in AotC, but it's a lot slower than ALTA lightning and lightning reflects and you can direct lightning out the tip of a lightsaber.
>>
>>52341372
>>52341378
>>52341386
Looking good. Any word on a c-roc release date?
>>
>>52340937

Yes, I know. Which is why you take Wes. Any one of your ships can take one torpedo. And then they're still going to have to shoot him with their primaries.

Black One Poe also works to strip another lock.
>>
At what experience do the FFG rpgs go totally off the rails? I have the feeling it's somewhere around 400, assuming the players aren't power gaming (in which case it would be much earlier).
>>
>>52345135
Name one time Vader has been subtle
>>
>>52345466

I believe it's "On the boat" so what, month or two to arrive and get distributed?
>>
>>52345562
That's probably about right depending on your player's familiarity with the system
>>
>>52345576
In the Darth Vader/ Doctor Aphra comics, he has subtle moments in those.
>>
>>52345409
I know it can be redirected by a lightsaber, but I mean using ones own mastery of the Force to let it hit them, and redirect it out of their own fingertips while taking little to no damage.

instead of trying to resist the energy like a person swimming against a current, they go with the flow and then send the energy somewhere else
>>
>>52345562
400+ for EotE and AoR

600+ for FnD due to force powers being a huge XP sink.
>>
>>52345736
Yoda did his catch and throw back but it's far slower than what you're talking about.
>>
>>52345576
He got through the entirety of New Hope without mentioning sand once.
>>
>>52343289
I hadn't seen anyone hating on the Aggressor. It's the best looking of the three.

>>52344825
The Wookie thing is passable if and only if you make constant jokes about it being a space HIND.
>>
>>52346041

Some podcasts, FFG forums, etc.

Though, some XWM podcasts are pretty autistic. For shuttle tydirium supposedly being about being casual, their hosts get really caught up in stupid details. "The TIE /sf should have a turret and the aggressor a rear arc because it clearly can't fire forward through the cockpit". Yeah, and the /SF blowing it's own panels off is better? Ever heard of pitch or roll? Yaw is assumed since ships have a nearly 90 degree firing arc despite being fixed forward.
>>
>>52345576
Cloud City stuff. Han and Leia had no idea what was going on until they saw him in the dining room.
>>
>>
>>52340903
the best Maul is a dead Maul
he was always half the character Obi Wan was.
>>
File: Palp_trustme.jpg (280KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Palp_trustme.jpg
280KB, 1600x1200px
>>52346851
>half
>>
>>52347335
He's not wrong.
>>
Would a slugthrower shotgun be a "good" weapon to face a jedi with?
>>
>>52347441
No, he'll see you before you shoot it.
>>
>>52347441

Depends entirely on how the GM treats projectile weapons. Some people like 'It turns into melted projectile' and others like 'Gone, not getting through'.

Either way, I'd prefer something with a bit more ROF.
>>
>>52347487
Melted projectiles don't make any sense. If that was how it worked Jedi would get a face-full of molten steel everytime they cut something in half.
>>
>>52347441

Maybe.

In strict mechanical terms, for example, in FFG you can't Reflect area (Blast) damage and the GM is supposed to be able to rule what you can and cannot use reflect on - so a Scattergun might be useful in that regard. But a GM might also rule it just vaporizes and is useless.

In general, solid projectiles, area damage, non-plasma energy weapons (FIRE) are your good ideas.
>>
>>52347487
I'm really angling to get a Verpine Shatter gun and see how that does.
Respect the railgun, bitch
>>
>>52347508

Yeah but it turns up a LOT despite that in 'So how do I kill Jedi' talks. I'm not a fan of it myself.
>>
>>52340371
Dutch and Norra , Dutch with the dorsal turret and r3a2 and Norra can do whatever
>>
>>52347441
Better than most, I'd guess.

Even if you rule the pellets as still being deflected by the lightsabers force field, a decent spread would be impossible to block.

However, you still need to take into account their precognition and uncanny reflexes.

All in all, I'd go with either an automatic shotgun for maximum all-in or a sniper rifle you can ditch when you inevitably miss the headshot.
>>
File: JangoTakesAim.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JangoTakesAim.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>52339812
Is there a specific skill for quick drawing in D6?
>>
>>52347441
Presuming they can't just use the force to blast wave push those slugs aside of course?
>>
>>52347529
>>52347508

Generally bulkheads aren't travelling toward you at high speeds where just melting them doesn't actually do anything about their momentum.

Isn't there a canon comic with anakin and obiwan where they fight guys with slugthrowers and some of the slugs still hurt them because they just get melty and don't completely vaporize or something?
>>
>>52347441
Explosives has been my go to.

Then there was the time a wounded inquisitor was trapped inside of an escape pod without a working lightsaber. Magnetically sealed the hatch then our outlaw tech drilled a hole in the hull. After rummaging around inside a janitors' closet we funneled a few gallons of bleach and amonia in to make a chlorine gaschamber out of that personal life boat.
>>
>>52347659
I don't think so?

just make up a quick draw skill or skill specialization
>>
>>52347575
>Dutch with R3-A2
Doesn't that kind of completely fuck his pilot ability? Y-wings suck dick at clearing stress and he's going to suck ass at taking locks and giving locks if he's got to keep doing only 1 and 2 straights to clear R3 stress.
>>
>>52347808
Anon, everything has momentum. Jedi have cut high-speed speeders in half as they drove at them, with no molten metal splashing them. When a Jedi cuts a battle droid in half, if he was just melting his way through, molten metal WOULD flashback at him.

Lightsabers aren't physically sound, but they DO have an internal logic to them.

Let's say a battle droid jumped at a Jedi (direction X), and a Jedi cut it in half, you don't get a cross-section of molten metal going the way of direction X.

Or, let's put a battle droid in a linear accelerator and drive it at a lightsaber blade, assuming the blade is supported so it doesn't move, do you think that cross-section of droid would explode into a fan of molten metal?

Incidentally, we know what happens when a lightsaber blade can't destroy something; the something doesn't go through, the blade bounces off.

The most consistent way of presenting it would be for the bullet to explode away (depending on entry angle) and the lightsaber to buck a bit. Not enough to break a wrist, but it would be noticeable.
>>
>>52345562
Mine got busted at the ~200 mark, though I did have 2 combat monsters who between them invalidate pretty much every encounter I could throw at them reasonably.
>>
>>52347508
I think it would probably vaporise. When the Jedi are hacking through doors their doesnt seem to be a run off of molten metal
>>
>>52347848
3edgy5me
>>
>>52343093

More of a fight perhaps. But you've got to realise that the only reason that fight lasted as long as it did was because Sheev was JUST dicking about with lightsabers because everyone else was having fun with it, so why shouldn't he?

He could have literally ended that fight at any moment using his force powers, he just wanted a holiday weekend on Mandalore, and "Lightsaber Duel with the Opress brothers" was the evening entertainment.

In basically EVERY Star Wars RPG that has ever statted Sheev, it basically reads the same as Cain from VtM or Cthulhu from CoC.
I distinctly recall it being stated that he knows EVERY force power in the game, as well as several that aren't, and anything he doesn't have he can come up with on the fly.

Palpatine even BEFORE the EU canon wipe took out Nihlus and Exar Kun and the guy from SW: Legacy, was still considered to be the most powerful Sith of all time.

If HE hadn't been able to take out the Jedi, then NO Sith Lord would have.
>>
Another dumb idea for Heff Tobber I had, which I can't try.

Heff+EM+Sabine. Load him with a couple Action: bombs. Block opponents then put a mine right behind you for them to run into. Want to spend way too many points, add BoShek to further fuck with people bumping and make them smash into stuff, and Advanced Sensors so you can drop Action bombs if they don't end up bumping.
>>
>>52348920

I went up against a Ventress - Emon Azzazameen list that used Cluster Bombs and the Shadowcaster title to toss ships onto them.
It completely ragdolled by Triple T-70 list, although I still got Emon down to half health and Ventriss was only 1 damage point away from it as well.
>>
>>52348904
>More of a fight perhaps. But you've got to realise that the only reason that fight lasted as long as it did was because Sheev was JUST dicking about with lightsabers because everyone else was having fun with it, so why shouldn't he?
This, if you watch the fight, he's laughing and grinning the whole time.
>>
>>52348956

That is a jank ass list, I love it. I wonder if it'll be cheaper with an H-6 or two in the future? You can EM that ship.
>>
>>52349112

You can put EM on Emon, just take Slave 1 title.
>>
>>52349199

But then you only get two bombs. H-6 can do four.
>>
>>52349253

Eugh.

Yeah good point.

Then there's the Systems Upgrade that people think is going to let you deploy your mines straight onto the map at the start of the game as well. That's going to make that interesting.
>>
>>52343128
But the Jedi didn't even try. Anyone that crossed them basically got a lightsaber in the face. Look at what the fuck they did to the poor Walrus dude just for pushing Luke around.
>>
>>52349825
that guy was a dick anyway. Death sentences in 6 systems, remember?
>>
>>52348814
We were too wounded to do anything heroic, the noble player characters were catatonic or too busy making medicine checks on the civilians that got in the line of fire.
So the outlaw tech and my bounty hunter decided to just be rid of the inquisitor while everyone else was busy.
>>
Our Gambler accidentally dropped the wookies we were emancipating into a high human culture hunting zone. So our (ex)Sector Ranger and the gambler's Jedi girlfriend impersonated an inquisitor and her assistant and arrested/ fought the hunters at their ship. Turns out the ringleader was DeStab ISB, and the Ranger/Marshal blasted the dude in the face after the arrest.

>"You can't do this! It's not the law!"
>"Too bad I'm out of my jurisdiction."
Not what was actually said but damn i wish i had thought of it then
>>
>>52349825
He still lived. Sure he was minus one arm but he still had his life. Severing his arm was the quickest and most humane way of ending that specific conflict.
>>
How viable is a tie advanced swarm with the advanced targeting computer?
>>
>>52352061
>Advanced
>Swarm
Better buy them X1 titles.
>>
>>52349825
At least the Sith are honest about what they're killing for. The Jedi are pacifists... except in times of war. They're teachers... except when it comes to telling their students the truth. And when they save you, it's only so you can suffer more. I'll tell you – all those Jedi at the temple? They deserved it. Every last one of them.
>>
>>52352138
Already got the corvette :^)
>>
>>52352061

Well, you can only get four, so that's not very swarmy. Even with ATC on four storms (or 3 storms and Colzet no reason not to) I'm gonna say, not great? The pilots aren't terrible, but the Advance has a bit of a weird dial, and suffers from needing to acquire TLs to get that ATC triggering AND it's still just 2 dice underneath.

I mean, despite rules and upgrade changes to make it less optimal there's guys still rattling around running Fat Han+Jake so I think anything with practice is possible but that sounds like an uphill battle.
>>
Any guesses on the Wave 11 ship dials?
Here is my guess for the TIE Agressor.

Take the Ghost but instead of 5k it'll have a 4k (red) and 4 straight is red.
>>
>>52352362

Nah, we just did an "almost the ghost" Dial. Aggressor will be like if the Adv and the Y-Wing's dial had a baby.
>>
>>52352362
Auzituk will probably be pretty fast but not maneuverable. Not dissimilar from the K-wing but with a 4 straight.
>>
>>52352435

If the Auzituck has 2 turns, you best be hoping they're red, or this shit's gonna get bad.
>>
>>52352362
The bomber will have a 3 talon to tease the rebels with unhinged
>>
>>52352429
Alright, so no 1 straight or sharp turns.
Would it still have a 5 straight? It would at least a red 4 straight.
>>
>>52352591
*No 1 straight or 1 sharps I mean.
>>
File: Bestswordsmanintheorder.jpg (142KB, 919x509px) Image search: [Google]
Bestswordsmanintheorder.jpg
142KB, 919x509px
>>52341645
Fuckin saved, people need to understand just how great of a swordsman Obi wan was.

Lightsaber duels are part swordsman ship part force aptitude (getting in your opponents head, lightning outta nowhere, etc.) Maybe he couldn't beat sheev 1v1 but when you look at the other badass force users (yoda, sheev, windu, anakin) they're all stronger in the force than obi wan and don't have half the dueling track record he does.
>>
File: shadow_raptor.jpg (70KB, 778x679px) Image search: [Google]
shadow_raptor.jpg
70KB, 778x679px
>>52339812

Any good names for Rebel capital ships?
>>
>>52352780
The Physically Impressive Genital Of Freedom
>>
>>52352780
Galen's Revenge
>>
>>52352780
The RNC *Supreme Chancellor Shit Palpatine*
>>
File: iowa.jpg (116KB, 850x967px) Image search: [Google]
iowa.jpg
116KB, 850x967px
>>52352780
Constitution
Hornet
Wasp
Enterprise
Barb
Independence
Ranger
Yavin
Endor
William D. Williams
Garm Bel Iblis
Mon Mothma
Bail Organa
General Lee
Rebel Yell
Corellia
Alderaan
Taanab
Sweet Home Agamar
>>
>>52352061
>>52352282

Better than you'd think. The crits start adding up over time. I know a guy who used to run 4 and he did quite well with them overall.

Tempest Squadron Pilot (23) x 1 TIE Advanced (21), TIE/x1 (0), XX-23 S-thread Tracers (1), Guidance Chips (0), Advanced Targeting Computer (1)

Tempest Squadron Pilot (25) x 2 TIE Advanced (21), TIE/x1 (0), Proton Rockets (3), Guidance Chips (0), Advanced Targeting Computer (1)

Tempest Squadron Pilot (27) TIE Advanced (21), TIE/x1 (0), Homing Missiles (5), Guidance Chips (0), Advanced Targeting Computer (1)

You can try different things with munitions loadouts, this is more of an example. Prockets and tracers are good. A singular HM can also give your opponent fits. The PS4 isn't work paying for when you can load them up with munitions instead.

Advanced are pretty tanky, especially when you have four of them. Twenty hit points, with 40% being shields, all behind three agility is no slouch. The dial is fine, you don't have one hards or one straight, but you have everything else. Once you get used to it there's very little you can't get an Advanced to do.
>>
>>52341645
Is the archaic duels thing canon? I'd love to see more info on how the universe was right before Maul and Sheev came out of the woodwork.
>>
>>52341645
>THERE WAS AT LEAST ONE LIFT JOURNEY INVOLVED IN THAT ROUTE.
Oh god. Who hit the buttons for the lift mid duel, and would Vader or Obi Wan have just hit all the buttons at once to stall the elevator to frustrate their opponent?
>>
Alright /swg/, what's your OC planetary culture that you've developed for planets that are decently known/important in the lore, but not very well-fleshed out for RPGs?
>>
>>52353102
Obi Wan hid on Anakin's least favorite planet (Where vader literally can't go because Armor and Poor Health) and showed up once and then vanished like a cocktease for vader's murder boner.
So it was definitely obi wan who hit all the buttons.
>>52353129
Myrkr before Talon Karrde showed up is basically a bunch of Old West boom towns. Showdowns are common, the sheriffs throw people out windows, and occasionally someone who was a little more force sensitive then the rest of them goes off in the woods and gets Forest Madness
>>
>>52353049
Not canon, no. The usage of the lightsaber was definitely not considered archaic in Legends, either - only that specific style that Dooku used was, as it was a style devoted purely for lightsaber-on-lightsaber combat.

The duel between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan definitely didn't last for multiple levels and half an hour of time, either. Vader caught up with Kenobi just short of where he killed him.
>>
File: 3e3.jpg (84KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
84KB, 488x516px
>>52353227
>>
>>52353257
I mean, there's literally nothing in any source that indicates that Vader and Kenobi had a duel that lsated more than five minutes, let alone half an hour and spanning multiple levels and lifts. That's never been remotely canon even in the oddities of the Legends continuity.
>>
>>52352168
Man the kids shouldn't have to suffer for the sins of their predecessors
>>
File: Yojimbo_(movie_poster).jpg (154KB, 300x434px) Image search: [Google]
Yojimbo_(movie_poster).jpg
154KB, 300x434px
>>52349825
Prison rules, anon. Mos Eisley's criminal scum only understand two languages: credits and strength. If Obi-Wan hadn't disarmed that guy, Luke would probably have gotten shanked and dumped in a gutter. The Aqualish got off easy for trying to piss off a space samurai and his student. A Sith would have done far worse.
>>
>>52345562
I'm playing a game at 2500 XP so far. Still not busted.

What's nice about the system is that while there's some OP stuff floating around (looking at you, Autofire) it isn't related to obscure combinations of Talents that suddenly make a character godlike. Especially with Attributes capped at 6(ish) and skills capped at 5.
>>
File: #JusticeForGreedo.jpg (2MB, 1200x3834px) Image search: [Google]
#JusticeForGreedo.jpg
2MB, 1200x3834px
>>52349825
>poor walrus guy
>Obiwan offers to buy a drink as an apology to lukes fuck up
>shit gets hostile anyways
I bet you think greedo dindu nuffin either
>>
>>52339812
Alright /tg/. My EotE players have accumulated over 100 obligation because they're selfish fucks (except the poor pacifist doctor). I feel its for new born criminal empire to crumble.

Legit folks and businesses refuse to deal with them as per the rule book, they have a very high ranking ISB agent hounding them, and better established criminal empire aren't taking too kindly to the Upstarts, but a low death is boring.

4/5ths of them also have the Bounty Obligation. The last business contact that kind likes them is inviting them to his personal Space Station for a gig. What they don't is the businessman is planning to trap them in the space station, seal the doors, disable their ship. He has sold tickets to various bounty hunters and eccentrics who will hunt "the most dangerous game" AKA the PCs.

So /tg/, show me your wackiest hired gun and bounty hunter ideas. Forever DMs, throw me those PCs you keep generating but will never get to play.
>>
File: macho man star wars.jpg (84KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
macho man star wars.jpg
84KB, 500x702px
>>52353561
Rand'al the Savage, Macho Mandalorian. Oh yeah.
>>
File: wat.jpg (32KB, 348x636px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
32KB, 348x636px
>>52353561
>>
File: Nerf.jpg (204KB, 1100x785px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf.jpg
204KB, 1100x785px
>>52353129
>>52353189
Dantooine is a plains-dominated rancher planet, basically the Midwest with Nerfs instead of cows. Khoonda is the only real city on the planet, and most Core residents would be hard pressed to call it even that. The planet is dotted with tens of thousands of small towns that consist of a couple dozen ranchers, their hands, and the people that provides serves to them.

Natural predators for the Nerf are hives of insectoid Kinrath and rancor-like Graul, and wild Kath hounds. Fortunately Graul love kinrath eggs like bears love honey, so the two keep each other in check most of the time. The Kath hounds are more of a pest, which is why most nerfherders are at least decent shots.

The Rebel base was situated in an old smuggler den that wasm a long time ago, a Jedi Enclave. Yes I was lazy and stole a floorplan from KotR. Sue me.
>>
>>52353527
I feel like I should add, though, that it's not too hard to break the system if you're trying to. If you do nothing but pick up combat careers for +wounds and strain and soak, you'll eventually become pretty insane. If you go for a more balanced take, though, there are a lot of areas a character can expand into without becoming suddenly OP or stepping on other character's toes.
>>
>>52353527
What the hell do you even do at 2500 XP? Storm the Death Star by yourselves? Travel through time back to the Old Republic? Kill the Force?
>>
>>52353778
Right now? I've got a character that can shoot rifles well, is a decent leader, a fairly skilled lightsaber duelist, and rocks with Move and Battle Meditation.

This game doesn't scale like DnD. Characters tend to expand horizontally unless you're specifically trying to make them godlike at one thing and one thing only.
>>
File: 1480290601229.jpg (259KB, 530x1277px) Image search: [Google]
1480290601229.jpg
259KB, 530x1277px
>>52353561
Trandoshan with the riot armor from far horizons and the energized claw cybernetics from Beyond the Rim. Gas mask looks like a muzzle. Uses gas grenades as a way of softening up and hiding from his opponents, and finishes them with his claws.

Core world rich kid (or a young spoiled hutt) that stays away from combat as much as possible, and hunts via proxy with remotes and specialist droids.
>>
>>52353828
As for what he's doing, he's recruiting for a resistance movement. Which is why he's recently begun focusing on being a leader, instead of doing everything himself.
>>
>>52353828
This is true, one can make a combat monster entering in knight level play (150 XP+9500 Cr) but if you don't actively attempt to break things you can stretch the game out for much longer.
>>
>>52353561
A Blastromech that worships R2D2
>>
>>52340903
>He will Avenge us
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: tumblr_o0uitqh3pB1qbmqmro1_500.jpg (28KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0uitqh3pB1qbmqmro1_500.jpg
28KB, 500x373px
>>52353561

A Hutt, of ancient and noble blood but poor financial standing. He thus turns to high-end bounty hunting, biding his time and amassing resources to destroy the clan that killed his family centuries ago. Armed with his house's ceremonial weaponry and an ancient set of armor (use the stats for Shell Hutt Armor with some upgrades) he charges headlong into battle, spurning the trickery of his kind in favor of brute force. With his formidable endurance and sheer muscle mass, he is a veritable terror to behold.

in memoriam of my Force and Destiny character who was rejected for being "thematically inconsistent with the world"
>>
File: FF5_Doombot_9198.jpg (27KB, 283x250px) Image search: [Google]
FF5_Doombot_9198.jpg
27KB, 283x250px
>>52353848
>Core world rich kid (or a young spoiled hutt) that stays away from combat as much as possible, and hunts via proxy with remotes and specialist droids.
Bonus points if the droids look exactly like him
>>
File: jedi prince.jpg (326KB, 1200x450px) Image search: [Google]
jedi prince.jpg
326KB, 1200x450px
>>52354253
More bonus points if the Doombots have eye lasers.
>>
>>52354311
>>
>>52347659
Just base it off dexterity.
>>
>>52339975
every day i worry all day
>>
>>52353102
Obi-Wan got into the elevator and hit the button. As the doors closed, Vader bolted to the staircase and began taking the steps two at a time. The camera constantly cuts between Vader launching himself up the stairs while Duel of the Fates plays, and Obi-Wan looking bored in the lift as muzak plays in the background. Every now and then an Imperial officer gets on board the lift, but, not knowing who the old man is, only knowing that it's Vader business, the officer carefully ignores old man, who only nods his greeting and asks what floor the officer needs. As the lift finally opens on the hangar level, Obi-Wan steps out, just as Vader emerges from the stairwell, having covered all those steps in the same amount of time. which is why he was breathing so hard. They immediately resume their duel.

ALL OF THIS IS CANON.
>>
>>52354409
Canon is meaningless- if it doesn't contradict stated fact or implied thematics, it could totally be canon.
Given that Star Wars is not wholly averse to bits of comedy, this could totally be canon.
>>
File: 1482373638910[1].gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1482373638910[1].gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>52354409
>>
so /swco/ got the season finale of rebels.

I can't fucking believe Kallus survived and got collected by the rebels. I only hope this leads to bara adventures between Zeb and Kallus.
>>
>>52340849
I see Hapan mother fucking War Dragons in that pic bro.
>>
>>52353848
>>52353561
If you combined the Trandoshan idea with a NPC- BH martial artist, you could get his claws down to crit 1 with iron body which would really make him hurt the PCs but not necessarily kill them.
>>
>>52352780
Equivalence
Proctor of Hope
Cavalry
Ruinous Applause
Unduly appointed
>>
>>52355176
There's something about Rebellion ship names being references to political events the rebellion has issues with that I found hilarious and genius.

>The agamarian 'not muh chancellor'
>>
>>52355157
Maybe he has a stupid name. How about... The Fusion Lantern?
>"From the shoulder, beyond the wrist, Look out Prey! It's My Fist!"
>>
>>52355284
Oh god my sides XD
>>
File: My Sides.jpg (63KB, 640x385px) Image search: [Google]
My Sides.jpg
63KB, 640x385px
>>52355284
>>
>>52354755
Ugh, I hadn't caught up with Rebels after Ashoka and Vader's duel at Malachor, but that cheap ass show keeping Kallus around for a redemption arc after their stupid stormtrooper kessel kick gag made him into an irredeemable sociopathic underling killing cartoon villain in the pilot episode irks me.
The guy that kills a subordinate out of frustration at letting Wookie slaves escape is really a deeply remorseful honorable warrior that feels sympathy and kinship with the rebellion? Fuck off.

I know it's probably not in their budget to model and rig another character, and they probably like the voice actor too, but holy shit they ruined that character for me. I wish they had just had Zeb kill off Agent Kallus, then replaced him with another ISB Agent named Jallus for the rest of the plot.
>>
File: notices bulge.jpg (84KB, 799x739px) Image search: [Google]
notices bulge.jpg
84KB, 799x739px
>>52341078
>>
>>52352637
Thanks.
>>
>>52356186
Yes, Rebels has completely jumped the shark. Why the fuck didn't that Interdictor have point defense cannons? How can a bunch of handguns and rockets breach a starship-grade shield generator? There's a reason Y-Wings exist and I wouldn't have minded if they just used those to blow up the Interdictor.
>>
>>52352780
Any name used for a Starfleet ship ever. Similarly, just use Battle Fleet Gothic names for ISDs.
>>
>>52358043
>>52356186
>>52354755

BUT MANDOLARS STRONK!

I think it's kind of egregious that Price didn't just shoot Kallus, but I'm more frustrated that Thrawn didn't bring a couple of cruisers down with him for close air support and to blow out the shield.

I did find it very satisfying to watch the rebels actually get devastated in a naval engagement though.
>>
>>52354171
"Avenge us" in this context is the same as "bring balance to the force." It's a meaningless phrase with lots of implied depth despite it being abstract gibberish.
>>
>>52358394
I've been unironically cheering on Thrawn. Not because I'm an edgelord Empire fan but because Rebels have been portrayed as unbeatable, so the underdogs appear to be the Empire.
>>
>>52358426
Pretty much this. The Rebels get away with so much shit that, by rights, should get them all killed. Infiltrating Imperial bases. Infiltrating imperial prisons. Infiltrating ISDs. Sabotaging and destroying aforementioned ISDs.

So watching Thrawn catch them out, numerous times in this season, at least makes it seem like the rebellion might be facing an uphill battle.

Thank fuck that Constantine is finally dead
>>
File: 1490381924463.jpg (82KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490381924463.jpg
82KB, 750x600px
>>
>>52340903
I really like this one, excellent Rebels episode.
Especially that moment where Obi-Wan switches from his famous Soresu style to Qui-Gon's Ataru that he used when he was slain by Maul. The self-confident Maul, still full of hatred for Obi-Wan, seeing that his opponent aged heavily, lets his emotions take over and tries to tackle Obi-Wan with the same maneuver he used to defeat Qui-Gon: smashing his weapon's hilt against his opponent's head to stun him. Obi-Wan likely expected Maul to do that and let him walk into his death. IIRC, in old canon Obi-Wan thought a lot about his first duel with Maul and it also was his reason to focus on another lightsaber form. Maul just got heckin bamboozled in that fight, Kenobi is simply one of the best swordsmen in the galaxy.
>>
File: 1279931131862.jpg (96KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1279931131862.jpg
96KB, 800x600px
I should post this on /tv/ but does anyone know where i can download or stream Rebels in good quality.

I can only get the first series.
>>
>>52359665
hdonline.to
>>
File: 1273343848841.jpg (19KB, 416x480px) Image search: [Google]
1273343848841.jpg
19KB, 416x480px
>>52359740
Thanks very much.
>>
File: 1461933051907.png (57KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1461933051907.png
57KB, 256x256px
>>52359784
1/10 almost certainly wrong thread.
>>
>>52354755
Look at the characters who have died: most of them are villains or are minor scrubs. Any major ongoing character who is one of the good guys just doesn't die. Look at Ahsoka as an example.
>>
>>52359784
I mean, I agree with you, but this is the wrong thread, my guy
>>
>>52359784
I think your pasta is stale bro
>>
>>52359784
Here's your (you) Kotaku.
>>
>>52359784
Whiteknight harder
and in the appropriate thread
>>
>>52359784
Most of my OCs despise fags and hit women, and I am being unironic.
>>
For the anon who was asking about sending data over the Holonet, I found another example from Wraith Squadron

>Her attention skipped back and forth across screens of data, then sent the command to compile the ungainly looking mess into what she hoped would be the final version of the program.
>A work of art it was. It would transfer a number of packets of encrypted data from her terminal deep in...Coruscant to public computer repositories, disguising the data as ancient archives of accounting data. Then, once the trail...was cold it would transmit the data out across the New Republic holonet, to holonet addresses Gara had memorized weeks before...addresses that would lead eventually to the communications station of warlord Zsinj.
>>
File: Jabba_the_Hutt_SoC.jpg (772KB, 1600x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Jabba_the_Hutt_SoC.jpg
772KB, 1600x1184px
>>52352780
Is it a pirate band or a smuggler cartel turned rebel cell? My group just finished dealing with essentially (not) talon carde and his band of merry men, and they had neat ship names. Also old d6 had some urias guy with his own nebulon b running around too. Hutt trade fleets have interesting names.

>free lance
>hard sell
>good deal
>bad deal
>tax included
>suprise inspection
>goods-in-route
>dirty deeds
>dirt cheep
>profitable partners
>cheat
>long con
>spoiled trade
>bad merchandise
>heavy load
>credits-on-delivery
>special request
>daily special
>speedy delivery
>>
>>52360608
Economic/business puns in general are pretty good for Hutts, smugglers, CIS, and CorpSec.
>Privateer Enterprise
>Prime Mover
>Blank Check
>Interest Rate
>Anarcho-Capital Ship
>Liquidator
>Hostile Takeover
>Paradigm Shift
>Outsource Rim
>Free Lunch
>Downsizer
>>
>>52360911
>The Cash in Advance
>>
File: Batrep TIEs.png (659KB, 726x408px) Image search: [Google]
Batrep TIEs.png
659KB, 726x408px
Editing last night's battle report right now.
Expect the video to go up sometime next week.

Pic related is the squad I was up against.
>>
>>52361202
What did you fly?
>>
File: firstmarker_03.jpg (186KB, 1920x798px) Image search: [Google]
firstmarker_03.jpg
186KB, 1920x798px
>>52360911
>Predatory Lending
>Credit Crunch
>Fiscal Deregulation
>The Foreclosure
>Negative Gearing
>Hostile Takeover
>>
>>52361265
Corran Horn [R2-D2, Fire-Control System, Push the Limit, Engine Upgrade] (48)

Miranda Doni [Twin Laser Turret, Extra Munitions, Homing Missiles, Sabine Wren, Ion Bombs, Conner Net, Advanced SLAM] (52)
>>
>>52361291
>Fractional Reserve Lending
>Gold Standard
>The Invisible Hand
>>
>>52361389
>The Invisible Hand
Already taken by Grievous.
>>
>>52361411
I wonder what space Adam Smith thinks of that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_hand
>>
>>52361389
>Post Dated Cheque Loan
>We Take Thumbs
>Final Notice
>Have you been missold PPI?
>Channel 4 Documentary
>Quantitive Easing
>>
File: Attack_Formation_Echo-3.png (1MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Attack_Formation_Echo-3.png
1MB, 1920x816px
>>52361389
>Affluenza
>Asset Audit
>Tax Shelter
>Collateral Liquidation
>>
>>52361562
>JG Huttsworth
>877 Cash Now
>>
>>52361389
>Credit Settlement
>>
>>52361623
>>52361955
>>52361993
>>52361562
Guys, guys- I came up with the most intimidating one
>20% Quarterly Interest Debt
>>
>>52360911
Binayre Billionaire?
>>
>>52362988
And its sister ship
>*Non-Dischargeable
>>
File: fc2.jpg (60KB, 600x471px) Image search: [Google]
fc2.jpg
60KB, 600x471px
>>52363332
AAHHHHHHHH!
>>
Do you guys make your own maps or do you not use any?
>>
>>52363455
We have a map of our ship on roll20 that we... Never use
>>
>>52361562
>NAP violation enforcement
>>
>>52363426
And the fleet escorts:
>Hereditary Debt
>Amortization
>Rent-to-Own Medical Supplies
>Preorder Bonuses

Their mercenary armies are microtransaction-based. Free to hire, but you have to pay them to take every bunker and trench, and if you want them to reload.
>>
>>52363596
What if you never pay them? Do they just sit around being themselves? What if a guy needs roommates and he just hired 4 of them
>>
File: 1485214991489.png (338KB, 609x737px) Image search: [Google]
1485214991489.png
338KB, 609x737px
>>52363653
They start advertising to your enemies.

Also, "not paying mercenaries" is a cause of death right next to "natural causes" in the Outer Rim.

And sure, you could hire them as roommates. Just expect door-closing, door-opening, tap-running, floor-cleaning, and emergency lightswitch activation fees.
>>
>>52363681
>nickel and dime mercs with fees
>pay them next to nothing when all is said and done
>>
>>52363681
>Also, "not paying mercenaries" is a cause of death right next to "natural causes" in the Outer Rim.
Do you mean 'Natural Causes' or ' <i>wink wink nudge nudge</I> Natural Causes'
>>
>>52363765

Historically speaking, didn't that sort of thing backfire horribly for at least one pope?

I mean sure, he probably shouldn't have hired German Protestant Landsnekt in the first place, but they came with such good references!
>>
>>52363765
They reeeeally hate it when you do that. Nobody's madder about being scammed than a scammer. and remember, they've got the guns.

>>52363827
The third one.
>>
>>52363878
Its their fault for not reading the fine print in an ancap society
>>
>>52358043

Shields in Rebels work based entirely on plot.

A-Wings have shields but die in droves to unshielded TIEs at a comparable rate of the two.
Y-Wings versus a single Defender, the Defender just tanks shots rather than being scary because of how hard it is to hit, and then vapes two Ys in about two seconds, since apparently the hardiest starfighter the Rebellion has, has shields worth nothing.

It's worth noting that it was the same in Clone Wars.
Republic battlecruisers go down without so much as a whisper if you sneeze in their general direction.
>>
>>52364265
Star Wars is hardly AnCap. for one thing, there are roads maintained and a near-galaxy wide police force (The Sector Rangers)
>>
What a disappointing season finale to Rebels. There's not an ounce of tension in these episodes, the cast of Rebels are unkillable and the Imperials are basicly retarded. Filloni has done the impossible, make the Empire look like the underdogs.
>>
>>52364307

Well, with the defender, that was armed with 6 extra powerful laser cannons.

But like a lot of stuff in Rebels, you're right, they play fast and loose with how stuff appears to hit their time and budget limitations. The orbital bombardment was gonna destroy the base - but all the area around it was pretty fine after (probably because modeling all the destruction would have been tedious for very short shots). They could show the defender hitting a guy like six times or whatever, but then that's a whole shot they have to insert to do what, make starfighter nerds happy?

It basically boils down to they only have so many resources to work with - they could go really tight in some sequences and blow a lot of money to get some really fine stuff but y'know they also need to model a shitload of ships exploding and colors and textures on ships and shit and Thrawn needs a whole new model for the hat and armor and they added Deathtroopers etc etc. I'm sure to them, the inconsistencies and limitations of their medium and the fact that it pisses off a very tiny slice of their audience with autism sometimes is inconsequential to hitting the broad strokes story points of the show and still encapsulating the feel of prior films and TV and stuff.
>>
>>52364350

You mean with how Thrawn had the Rebels dead to rights the entire time, and would have won seamlessly if not for events beyond his control including what amounts to an Act of God?
>>
>>52364420
Yes, deus ex machina writing interfering.
As well as the paper thin interdictor cruiser getting blown the fuck out easily. And one by fucking blaster pistol. Not to mention Kallus instantly escaping the moment he's put in a confined place.
>>
>>52364376

Pretty much agreed, yeah.
I mean, I guess in the long run we can consider Rebels to be a Rebel Alliance propaganda broadcast.

The basic stories are the same, but the exact details have probably been muddled a little bit on behalf of the greater story to be told to the galaxy at large.

But you're right, they really fucking do manage to actually atleast make it feel like Star Wars.
Star Wars with ships made of actual paper and hopes, but still Star Wars.

That said, ships in the films died quickly too.
X and Y wings at the battle of Yavin died like bitches despite shields, TIEs die all the time, ISDs go down like a zeltron hooker to a single ion cannon blast, etc.

It's only really outside the films/series in books and ttrpgs where shields actually start doing something.
I mean, other than the Falcon and the Ghost of course.
>>
>>52364459
>deus ex machina writing
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>52364459
>>52364502
This is autism.
>>
All other things aside with Rebels' writing, Im autistically glad that Commander Sato called for Phoenix Squadron to take up 'Defence formation Aurek 1'.

Since usually in Star Wars stuff they just say alpha, beta, or 'a' 'b' with english pronunciation.
It's nice to see them using Aurebesh, even just sometimes.
>>
>>52364502

Yeah, as dumb as it is, Ezra, Sabine and a squad of Mandos jumping out of a Gauntlet to do an EVA assault on a cap ship while fending off jetpack troopers is pulp and space opera as FUCK. Ezra even has the sword+gun thing going on like a regular swashbuckler in his stupid bubble helmet.
>>
>>52364376
>It basically boils down to they only have so many resources to work with

This.
When you see an ISD drop 6 TIE fighters you know that theyre strapped for cash.
Clone Wars was the same, those old cruisers are supposed to carry, what, a hundred fighters?
But at best they'd pop out a half squad of ARC 170s and two gunships.
>>
>>52364747
Then why didn't we see TIEs go out of the ISDs in Rogue One? Only the Shield Gate had them.

No one cares about that stuff.
>>
>>52364747
Venators are capable of loading 400+ starfighter-sized hulls. ISD-IIs max out at 72 TIEs. Yeah, the budget probably can't handle dogfights of that magnitude.
>>
>>52364774
Same reason the damn things weren't firing all batteries. Because every damn off-shift crew member was lounging on a beach down on Scarif.
>>
>>52364376
It's almost like Rebels is a low-budget, lazy children's show that doesn't get the lore right and doesn't make much sense, and people blind themselves to it because it canonized Thrawn and they don't have the balls to ignore Disney canon and stick to the Expanded Universe in the first place.
>>
>>52364807
Eh. The Visual Guide says that the Empire doesn't see fighters as a threat, so they don't invest much into their TIEs. The Striker is seen as unneeded and only Thrawn so far seems to realize fighters do more work than capital ships.

ISDs carry more than just TIEs as well, so even if they could haul around 72 of them, they're not going to do that all the time. You gotta have room for your shuttles and ground vehicles.
>>
>>52364774

The shield gate dropped a shitload of TIEs though.

>>52364885
>people blind themselves to it
Are you reading the same threads I am? Becuase it basically seems like everyone picks holes in Rebels because its ultimately a pulpy kids show which happens to include some of our favourite stuff.

Besides, its nothing to do with having the 'balls' to ignore Didney canon, they're owned and run by Didney, what're they gonna do? Deliberately put up plots and concepts that'll get shot down for breaking new canon?
>>
File: 1489012333207.png (445KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
1489012333207.png
445KB, 600x446px
>>52358426
>liking the empire makes you an edgelord
>>
>>52364885
The EU was never canon. Lucasfilm decided to start fresh, but it was just them lowering the facade. Remember when TCW pretty much bull rushed it? If Lucas hadn't given up ownership he would have made his own sequel movies.
>>
>>52364930
Also before anyone gets on my ass, that doesn't mean the EU was shit. Lucas enjoyed a lot of it himself. He just considered it an alternate universe of sorts, and took stuff he liked from it. So after he left, Lucasfilm decided to continue his universe which only had the six movies and TCW.
>>
>>52364930
Man, the different tiers of canon during the pre disney purchase era was something special. But, I do think some pieces of the EU were canon even then, depending on Lucas mood and what he thought would maximize his profits. So you see works that developed with his input to a broader and lesser degree, and it had the stamp of approval, some of it was even "canon", untill it no longer did, for whatever reason. And then in addition to that you have the whole millions of kinds of canonicity which ties into what you said with it being a alternative universe.
What was it that he said, something like, the story of star wars begins and ends with anakin skywalker. Amusing to remember given all the new content right now.
>>
Right so, the heavy energy rifle crafting entry with its gunnery skill in special modification is a typo right?
>>
>>52365182
>some pieces of the EU were canon even then
The most prominent piece of canonized EU material is Coruscant. Its first appearance was in the Thrawn Trilogy, IIRC.
>>
>>52339812
Are there any homebrew shit for Saga edition? These vanilla races suck.
>>
>>52365334
WEG D6 most likely, it was planned for Jedi but never happened in the film
>>
>>52365637

Well, Zahn was tossed a bunch of WEG materials to draw from, so that's not surprising. Technically I think appearing in reference works like RPG supplements and essential guides isn't the same as appearing in a narrative work though.
>>
>>52364920
It's either an edgelord or a mass murder apologist. Which will it be?
>>
>>52365334
... that *can't* be right.
>Thinks about the original trilogy
what the fuck? Lucas made a galaxy-spanning empire and never bothered making its capital?
>>
>>52365933
There were plans for an Imperial capital in RotJ according to the Wook, though at the time, the Imperial capital world would have been named Had Abaddon. The Coruscant we know and love, however, started out as Zahn OC.
>>
>>52365999
>Had Abaddon

...I like it as a planet name, but as a capital of the galaxy name, dude wut.
>>
>>52366025
Presumably, George and the writers were going for the Mordor style of evil overlord capital nomenclature. Coruscant in Legends used to be called Imperial Center, so maybe Had Abaddon was an evil rename slapped on top of the original planet name.
>>
File: haa4elekpk9y.jpg (379KB, 2200x1319px) Image search: [Google]
haa4elekpk9y.jpg
379KB, 2200x1319px
>>52364327
>there are roads maintained and a near-galaxy wide police force (The Sector Rangers)

Literally who?
>>
>>52366276
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sector_Ranger
>>
File: 1490479749632.jpg (213KB, 681x526px) Image search: [Google]
1490479749632.jpg
213KB, 681x526px
>>52365904
This is a tacklebox of bait.

He just threw it right in.
>>
>>52365999
>>52366025
>>52366072
>Abaddon

So the Imperial Capital would've been missing an arm and would be extremely incompetent?
>>
>>52366345
>Expecting something in Star Wars to not be missing a limb
Amputation is the Skywalker family's way of saying hello. Even Wedge Antilles hops on one transparisteel leg.
>>
>>52366345

>the empire
>extremely incompetent

Shocking.

>>52366408
That bastard, how could he
>>
File: 1487662823098.png (893KB, 518x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487662823098.png
893KB, 518x720px
>>52366305
Given their total lack of prominence in canon or in memory... I'm pretty sure I'm still safe in saying "who"?
>>
>>52366432
Only in shitty fanfic-tier EU material or Rebels which is shitty fanfic-tier Disney material.
>>
File: X-Wingforums.jpg (434KB, 1000x675px) Image search: [Google]
X-Wingforums.jpg
434KB, 1000x675px
>>52366474
>>
>>52366433
>That Power Rangers-tier helmet
That red guy who looked like a walking Target advertisement wasn't the only Power Ranger in Rogue One? Fucking hell, the movie should have been about them. Star Wars super sentai show when?
>>
Is old fashioned, physical tracking still a useful skill in the galaxy far away? With so many sensors, and tracers it would seem like actually examining physical traces wouldn't be necessary.
>>
>>52366928

Depends entirely where you are.
If you're following a ship through hyperspace, yeah, its worthless.

But if you're following someone who's gone to ground on a quiet backwater, being able to recognise the burn pattern marks of their speeder bike's thrusters on tall grasses, the imprint of their boots in the mud, and the vague scent of smoke on the wind would be very useful skills.
>>
So with the Havoc and TIE Agressor on the horizon for X-Wing care to guess at future ships (not from new movies or TV shows)?

Ima guess.
Rebels: Nova Courier, PTB Bomber, N-1 Naboo Spacebana

Empire: Missileboat, Gunboat, Blastboat,
Imperial V-Wing (Imperial Astromechs!),
TIE Opressor, TIE Hunter....

Scum: Sweet fuck all lol Nah probably
the Dunelizard, Kimogila and the Krayt if any EU ship.
>>
>>52367077
Ah also for Rebels: T-Wing, H-Wing and Tempest bomber.
>>
File: TIE-M5_XWA.jpg (63KB, 544x600px) Image search: [Google]
TIE-M5_XWA.jpg
63KB, 544x600px
>>52367077
Sienar Skunkworks Build-a-TIE box. Make the dream come true, FFG.
>>
>>52367077
N1 and anything from the prequels will not be touched until they remake episodes 1-3
>>
>>52367213
They did the Arc with pilots from the new comics if they did the N-1 they could feature Leia as a pilot (from the new comics) and use it as a tribute to Carrie Fisher. Also the Scurrg first appeared in a prequel vidya.
>>
>>52367304
>tribute to Carrie Fisher
We'd better get a Leia Y-wing as part of the package, too. Leia flew Y-wings as far back as Splinter of the Mind's Eye.
>>
File: ILMChallenge_Moment2_RM.jpg (369KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ILMChallenge_Moment2_RM.jpg
369KB, 1920x1080px
>>52367355

Yes fucking please.
>>
>>52367355
Splinter... Not sure if something from a book with retroactively insestuous tones is the best tribute... Though the rebel y-wing needs some more pilots.
>>52367190
I want every TIE ever made in X-Wing Minis... Even the crawler and mauler (make it work FFG).
>>
Hey, quick rules question about the huge ships in x-wing: The huge ship modifications are considered to be applied to both sections of the ship right?

I ask because a lot of squad builders handle the ordnance tubes upgrade strangely.
>>
File: 1486777368702.jpg (757KB, 1222x532px) Image search: [Google]
1486777368702.jpg
757KB, 1222x532px
>>52353561
>>52354212
Why slide when you can run?
>>
>>52367474
Sweet baby jesus what the fuck
>>
Why are shipfag's rules in the OP but no other houserules are?

They're not even the best of the bunch.
>>
>>52367481
>S'ah-nikk the Hutt
Gotta go fast
>>
>>52367474
Now that's what I call a Metal Gear boss.
>>
>>52367540
Solid Slug... Liquid Slug... Solidous Slug... Naked Slug... Punished Slug... Venom Slug.
>>
>>52367517
What are the other big houserules of note?

It might be worth compiling for a new paste for an all encompassing "homebrew" list to replace it
>>
File: Metal_Slug_(cover).jpg (35KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Slug_(cover).jpg
35KB, 316x316px
>>52367625
Karrde mentioned something interesting: Durga the Hutt is pursuing new research. He claims that what they're doing in the Hoth asteroid field is the missing piece: a weapon to surpass Metal Slug.
>>
>>52367738
Crix?

Crix?

CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX!!!!
>>
Gonna play my first Epic game tomorrow, and was hoping for some critique.
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!e!63:-1,-1,50,50,85:12:22:;178:-1,2,-1:-1:20:;178:-1,2,-1:-1:20:;199:-1,77,-1:-1:20:;44:36,23,-1,-1:-1:-1:;44:36,23,-1,-1:-1:-1:;74:18,36,-1,3:-1:1:;236:36,-1,160,199:47:4:;0:18,-1,148:-1:3:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron
I tried to focus on using ships that I generally don't (haven't even taken the U-Wing out of the box). Any suggestions?
>>
>>52360911
> CIS Warship- Sponsored by IGBC
>>
>>52368168
>Biscuit Baron™/Rendili StarDrive™ Dreadnaught
>>
In StarWars Sagas Edition, do normal small arms fire damage ships? Citing a page number would help.
>>
>>52368217
Off the top of my head they aren't automatically incapable, but likely have difficulty breaching shields/dr.

Outside of the heavy stuff anyway. Been ages since I had the books cracked.
>>
>>52367977
You have comms booster equipped twice, so that's 4 points you can work with

Also, I think slicer tools would be a better fit over comms since you already have the other jamboat upgrades. Jamboat is best boat.

The U-wing configuration is really funny when the board will be flooded to hell.

I'm not 100% on board with wedge, but the goal is to use things you never would use so I can respect that.
>>
>>52364907
>Deliberately put up plots and concepts that'll get shot down for breaking new canon?

At this juncture, Pabby H pretty much IS canon. I don't think it matters WHAT Rebels pitches, so long as it floats it's canon.
>>
>>52353561
I don't understand why any group would refuse to engage with lessening their Obligation.

I mean, you did make it clear that the book outright says that if the group amasses over 100 Obligation nobody gets to spend XP until that's sorted, right? That meta-incentive should be more than enough.
>>
>>52368217
Depends, what kind of ship and what kind of small arm? The smallest thing that's going to realistically in-universe have a chance at doing damage to a spaceworthy ship's hull is a light repeating blaster like the T-21. Still going to do jack shit to anything with even civilian grade shielding running off of a spaceworthy ship's capacitors.

Civilian airspeeders/landspeeders can definitely be damaged by lighter weapons though.
>>
>>52368343
Can't I get 2 uses of Comm Booster if I have two? They're not Limited/Unique. Still, it's probably better do drop one and focus on jamming anyway.
I wanted at least 1 high PS ace to respond to the other guys stuff, and I've already put in a bunch of reps with Wes, Corran, and Poe.
>>
>>52368532
Looking over the rules again it does seem you can use two copies to do the effect twice and the FAQ's only mention of energy is saying how much energy huge ships start with
>>
>>52353532
>"Unarmed"

>Literally shows a blaster in his hand in the photo
>>
Is there a fun StarWars bestiary/monster manual to pull stuff from? Not too concerned with the system it's from. Or just source of alien creatures would be cool.
>>
File: d3b.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d3b.png
55KB, 625x626px
>>52366326
Have you accepted the force as your lord and savior? Have you felt its tug on your destiny?
>>
>>52368904
If you like ridiculously detailed walls of text, there's always Wookieepedia.
>>
>>52367463
The mauler could be in as a vehicle in imperial assault. The ATST already is, and we have big ass creatures already, so screw it, why not?
>>
Dave, the waifu slayer himself, says there will probably be X-Wings in S4 of Rebels.

This can only mean at least one Incom bird is going to die in a horrible explosion.

Unless perhaps, he's after those with TIEfus. Is it time to paint a ribbon over the TIE silhouettes?
>>
>>52364644
>it's totally plausible an interdictor can be destroyed by small arms fire

congratulations you are a shill
>>
>>52369146
>superior Mandolorian Missiles Folded Over 1000 times
ftfy
>>
>>52369109

X-Wings must fly, when TIEs are in the sky, and so Imps will die.

Solar panels we will hunt, with a wingman named Runt, their sound is an affront

We will fly in a trench, we will fly with a wrench, we will fly to rid the galaxy of their stench

Eyeballs are my pray, Squints I shall slay, I will torp everything that is grey until the day...

The Republic will rise again
>>
File: the man the myth the legend.jpg (200KB, 1600x815px) Image search: [Google]
the man the myth the legend.jpg
200KB, 1600x815px
>>52369109
>Did you know there are three kinds of aces? Those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can read the tide of battle. Those are the three. And him? He was a true ace.
>>
>>52369196

>pray

Well, I tried. This is what I get for trying too hard to rhyme instead of proofread.
>>
>>52367077
>>52367213
Oh also I could totally see the TIE Avenger (but that might show up in Rebels according to Pablo). Also, the TIE Scout with Jam would be dope.
>>
>>52369204

>you will never play a Star Wars game made by Project Aces
Why fucking live on this gay earth.
>>
File: ac7 FUCKING LASERS.jpg (92KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ac7 FUCKING LASERS.jpg
92KB, 1920x1080px
>>52369481
Soon, anon. Soon.
>>
>>52368626
Also: if Wedge is not looking great, what would you suggest in his place?
>>
>>52369553
It's less the pilot and more just the number of points, but I have not been able to rack my brain enough to figure out a good alternative.
>>
>>52369507

Well yeah and I'm fucking HYPE for ac7 on PC.

But still.
Star Wars even has the ridiculous super weapons!

>This is the Empire's new weapon. In essence, it's an enormous slug thrower, launching missiles at super luminal speeds through hyperspace. The only way to destroy it is to drop proton torpedoes into its ammunition racks. For that, you'll have to fly down the barrel as its charging to fire.
>Defending it are elements of the 181st, as well as other full squadrons
>Our fleet will cover your attack, and General Salm's Y-Wings will be picking apart the defence guns on the surface. Your squadron has to deal with the fighters, and make the run through the barrel of the weapon.
>May the force be with you, Rogue Leader

<Fel : You still alive, cousin?
>>
File: 321-322-trivia-rotjship_d75ca30e.jpg (168KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
321-322-trivia-rotjship_d75ca30e.jpg
168KB, 1536x864px
Hidden shipfu
>>
File: 1486057905805.jpg (69KB, 800x990px) Image search: [Google]
1486057905805.jpg
69KB, 800x990px
>>52369652
If the exclusivity contract isn't renewed or gets prematurely canceled, we might have a snowball's chance in hell. Shame that EA's people were really, really good at negotiating and/or fellatio, because there are so many studios I'd love to see taking a crack at Star Wars.
>Project Aces with /swg/ dream cast
>id Dark Forces
>Platinum Force Unleashed
>ArcSys fighting game
>Intelligent Systems tactical RPG
>Paradox grand strategy
>Star Wargame: Krayt Dragon
>Bounty Hunter game with R6 Siege class mechanics
>Red Orchestra in space
>Magicka with Sith
>Dynasty Star Warriors
>>
>>52369762
Ok, I'm going to need some more information on this thing, because it's so beautifully ugly.
>>
>>52369779
Jesus Christ all of those possibilities sound sweet as hell.

Now I'm just even more fucking buttmad that EA have exclusivity for a fcking decade. we're not gonna get a single goddamn worthwhile Star Wars film, for the ENTIRETY of the new trilogy or spinoff films.
Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>52369827
>>52369779
Well, you're on /tg/, the one board that gives you the resources to make your dreams come true... provided you can find players and a system to support it.

Ah well.
>>
>>52369812
There is none stat or role wise. It's a gunship though.
>>
>>52369848
If my players wanted to AoR rather than EotE you can fucking bet I'd throw them into spAce Combat and make them fly the barrel of the galaxy gun 2.

Sadly they want to be space crims and flip off the empire and rebellion so here we are
>>
File: alexander-axelsson-trianglev3.jpg (285KB, 1920x810px) Image search: [Google]
alexander-axelsson-trianglev3.jpg
285KB, 1920x810px
>>52369904
Maybe recruit from your local X-Wing scene?

X-Wing games at stores near army bases, or ones that offer discounts to active/reserve troops, are a damn good place to start looking.

Also, you did give your current players clear options up front, right?
>>
>>52369941
Nah just let them roll what they wanted.

Honestly, I'm happy to do anything in the Star Wars universe.
Rebel Alliance commandopilots ripping heavily from Wraith Squadron would've been nice to run, but Star Wars x firefly x bebop is fun as hell too
>>
File: ayslD1I.png (602KB, 1972x1115px) Image search: [Google]
ayslD1I.png
602KB, 1972x1115px
>>52370047
No, no, that's entirely the wrong attitude for /tg/. How are you supposed to complain now?

Seriously though, excellent work.

What's the best thing the group has stolen?
>>
>>52370296
Thus far they've only knocked over the one fancy vault which they only discovered afterwards was owned by Black Sun via a front.
They may have goofed.

First few sessions were about ditching their tails and bounties after them fo
Their back stories, so now they settle into c r i m e.
I have some good plans for future heisting which I sadly can't post since I suspect at least two of them of secretly being posters here.
>>
File: jeff-hong-creature03f.jpg (635KB, 1920x1242px) Image search: [Google]
jeff-hong-creature03f.jpg
635KB, 1920x1242px
>>52370329
That's pretty bad.

The group I'm GMing for just stole Luke Skywalker. Accidentally. While trying to help.

Things are going to go sideways very quickly.
>>
>>52370346
I'm sure it's all a misunderstanding, Black Sun are sure to take it well right?

Also kek I read that summary you posted up before. Where did they start taking it all?
>>
File: 1488668947852.png (2MB, 1280x1295px) Image search: [Google]
1488668947852.png
2MB, 1280x1295px
>>52370346
>just stole Luke Skywalker.
Let your group know I am coming for my waifu
>>
OK, /TG/,semi-noob here with a question. I would like to play an investigator in an upcoming campaign. This is a Sentinel specialization. One problem- My character is not a Jedi. What Do about that force rating?
>>
>>52370388
>>52370346
Oh shit Anon, dubs confirm Anon is coming to rescue his waifu.
>>
>>52370419
Play a Skip Tracer instead.
>>
>>52370419
Do you intend for your character to be Force-sensitive at all? If so, you can probably get away with making that character a part of a non-Jedi Force tradition.
>>
>>52370419
You don't need a force rating to take the F&D Classes.

You just won't benifit from the force related abilities
>>
>>52370419
You could go for Bounty Hunter Skip Tracer spec, might be better thematically?
>>
File: j-c-park-sw01.jpg (420KB, 1500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
j-c-park-sw01.jpg
420KB, 1500x1200px
>>52370365
Oh yeah, Black Sun are really known as forgiving, understanding fellows. I'm sure if the party apologizes and explains their position Black Sun will let the little rascals get away with merely a shake of the finger and serious tutting.

As for my group...

So here's what I've got planned.

Vader has Han, Leia, Chewie, and the droids. He doesn't give a shit about two smugglers and the droids (because, in this canon, he's obviously never seen them before), so he locks them up and has them intermittently tortured.

Leia though... He figures out she is his daughter pretty quickly. And then he makes her a deal. Join him, and overthrow the Empire, and restore peace and justice to the Galaxy. Tarkin is vilified - he was the one who blew up Alderaan, after all. And Leia agrees (though perhaps not philosophically) and agrees to be trained in the Jedi arts to save Han.

Meanwhile, the Empire decides to use bounty hunters to hunt the PCs. They hire Boba Fett, who is the ex-girlfriend (fuck canon) of one of the PCs. The PC has previously been established as having a bounty hunter ex with fancy armour and a great ship, so this is going to blow their minds.

Boba's going to hunt them. Luke's going to get trained on Dagobah, possibly with one of the other PCs if she can stop sleeping around and drinking and adopt some fucking discipline.

So... it's all going to go awry. I just know it.
>>
File: 1489770746046.jpg (231KB, 900x895px) Image search: [Google]
1489770746046.jpg
231KB, 900x895px
>>52370430
>>52370388
>Let your group know I am coming for my waifu

EVERYBODY is after Skywalker. You're going to have to form an orderly queue.

But I'll bite. I do need more bounty hunters to send after them, and canon is a bit bendy anyway. What bounty hunter shall I dispatch to get Skywalker back?
>>
>>52370433
>>52370432
>>52370447
>>52370455
the idea is to play 4 low-level sector rangers assigned to a near-frontier system that just got big enough to warrant higher-level law enforcement. We've got our captain-type going commander (he *really* wants rousing oratory, a hired gun for muscle, and we haven't heard back from number 4. Somebody's gotta be a forensics guy.
>>
>>52370419

What >>52370455
>>52370432 said. Roll a Bounty Hunter skip tracer or a Colonist Marshall if you're a regular lawman.

Investigator is like some other F&D specs and named probably because there were specific Jedi Investigators at some point in the EU lore (like a lot of classics like Consular, Sentinel and Guardian itself, or trees like the Sentinel's Artisan). It'll do it but you don't have to play it if the Force isn't your MO. Just because Armorer is a Guardian spec doesn't mean normals can't build armor - just that Force-wielding armorers is a thing. (Like mah bois, the Jensaarai)
>>
>>52370500
>>52370388
Obviously this anon
>>
>>52370500
Yotsuba
>>
File: 1486541428855.gif (4MB, 495x251px) Image search: [Google]
1486541428855.gif
4MB, 495x251px
>>52370529
>>52370522

>Yotsuba
>>
>>52370475
Goddamn that's 'awry' as fuck.
I approve.

And yeah I'm sure Black Sun will be forgiving types. Those rumours of horrible death are just a myth, totally.

We'll see what the party do. Maybe they'll go ham on the crime and live like robber kings until they really piss someone off, or maybe they're going to go to ground and try get BS off their backs.
>>
>>52370519
Thanks. Maybe I'll be back sometime with the adventures of Duke Squad as they try to clean up the shit.
As one of my fellow players described his vision of the concept "Problems with colonists used to frontier 'law', Hutts, pirates, absentee-and-annoying 'authority' figures who don't wanna leave their offices..."
>>
>>52370504

I mean, literally if you want to do forensics, you'd probably want to be a Colonist and split between Doctor or maybe Scholar and then Marshal for your cop powers.

But Bounty Hunter/Skip Tracer nets you the opportunity for Perception, Streetwise, Vigilance, and Underworld between them and has "Reconstruct The Scene" as a top-level talent.
>>
>>52370500
>What bounty hunter shall I dispatch to get Skywalker back
a qt boy who wants the skywalker dick
>>
>>52370601
>You are now imagining Han Solo being paid to be a honeypot
>>
>>52370568
No, no anon, you misunderstood. The text I posted is the /plan/.

I expect things will go /even further awry/. At this rate, the PCs are going to end up leading the Rebellion or something. After all, as things stand, Lando is not going to get recruited, Jaba's not going to die, and the epic showdown between Vader and Luke is going to also involve Leia and probably an untrained Twi'lek with a stolen lightsaber
>>
File: sw-ole.gif (358KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
sw-ole.gif
358KB, 500x279px
>>52370601
>a qt boy who wants the skywalker dick

Yeah, not going to do that. NPC on NPC romance is a weird thing to hinge a plot on.
>>
>>52370615
>Leia and probably an untrained Twi'lek with a stolen lightsaber

You should replace conspicuous bottomless pits with conspicuous vats of machine lube in the scene.
>>
>>52370636
There's no need for romance anon.

Luke probably isn't even gay desu
>>
>>52370650
Heh. That'd end well.

"No, Luke. /I/ am your father."
"Nooooo!"
"OH GOOOOD YEEEESSSSS"
"Someone get the twi'lek out of the lube pit."
"We can't sir, she's too slippery. We've lost two squads already."
>>
>>52370660
>Luke probably isn't even gay desu
you're right, hes bi
>>
>>52370615
Dear god, I didn't even imagine
>>
File: Beach_trooper.jpg (53KB, 450x394px) Image search: [Google]
Beach_trooper.jpg
53KB, 450x394px
>>52370676

>"Alright, get me the specialty corps for this..."
>>
>>52370636
>Not adding characterization to your NPCs
>Not incorporating some form of life to NPCs while still allowing the players to run the show

Come on anon.
>>
>>52370636
>Callista
>Mara Jade
>Lumiya
>Now the gay anon in this thread
Anon, you've been handed an opportunity to write a Skywalker harem anime on a silver platter. Don't waste this chance.
>>
>>52370755
Holy Shit. Those dubs of truth
>>
>>52370708
It's going to go so awry.

They might try and steal the Death Star at this rate.

Or let the Skywalkers fight it out and try and steal the Empire.

>>52370724
>"Aren't you a little 'short' for a beachtrooper?"
>>
>>52370777
>"We are going to steal.... THE MOOON!"
>"That's no moon..."
>>
>>52370724
>It's graft for supermodels they said
>It'll never be used they said
>>
>>52370737
There's a difference between characterization and "the GM, who is heterosexual, will now attempt to describe a gay romance between two NPCs while the PCs do nothing". Or start wanking. That'd be worse, actually.

>>52370755
GOD DAMMIT /TG/

If I wanted to write Skywalker harem fanfiction I'd write it!

And I have written it!

Thousands of words of it!

And posted it on Livejournal.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT.

I can't remember what the point was, but this isn't it.

Is it?

Aww fuck.
>>
>>52370755
All of Luke's dead girlfriends can finally have a second chance!
>>
>>52370615
This kind of thing happened in my campaign, and now the PCs are running the Rebellion. Leia and Vader are fighting Tarkin for control of the galaxy. Know what you're getting into.

It's fucking awesome.
>>
>>52370828
>If I wanted to write Skywalker harem fanfiction I'd write it!
>And I have written it!
>Thousands of words of it!
>And posted it on Livejournal.
Links or you're a liar
>>
File: laughingtycho.jpg (43KB, 330x501px) Image search: [Google]
laughingtycho.jpg
43KB, 330x501px
>>52370777
>So let me get this straight, Wedge.
>What?
>The Death Star is parked outside.
>Yes.
>Delivered right into our hands by Luke Skywalker himself.
>Yes.
>And it's right there, ready for Rebellion use.
>Yes.
>Can I--
>No.
>But Kyp Durron gets to--
>I don't care what Kyp Durron says, Janson, you are not allowed to hijack the Death Star for superweapon walkies. Besides, Tycho already got first dibs as revenge for Alderaan.
>>
>>52370755

>"ara ara, Farmboy~"
>>
File: 1486925073924.gif (978KB, 365x205px) Image search: [Google]
1486925073924.gif
978KB, 365x205px
>>52370794
>"So... what does the Emperor look like"
"He's a grumpy old man in robes. He never lets his face be seen."
>"Right. And what do I have in my hands?"
"His robes."
>"Right. And if I put them on and hunch like this?..."

"Oh. Oh no."

"Oh no no no no no."

>"OH YES!"
>>
File: 1254541882829.jpg (339KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1254541882829.jpg
339KB, 1600x1200px
>>52370846
I've seen your stuff in other threads, I think. Nice work. And yeah, I can handle this. I once ran a campaign with hard time travel and managed to close all the paradox loops during the last session, without the PCs being aware of it until about halfway though.

>>52370874
I'm not sure how much stealing Luke is going to due. He's still at the "daddy issues" part of his character development. And he's also going to find out about Leia being his sister right as she tries to kill/convert him (for the "good of the republic"), so he's got those Lannister feels to deal with too.
>>
File: tumblr_o3n28eZRjD1v9jw9oo1_400.gif (994KB, 375x266px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3n28eZRjD1v9jw9oo1_400.gif
994KB, 375x266px
>>52370850
I am a liar.

From a certain point of view.
>>
>>52369812
The good old Dornean or Braha'tok class gunship was a vessel tossed together by animators during return of the jedi so they wouldn't have so many GR-75s floating around. It was never really clearly stated except for a few EU books making offhand references to Dornea. The summary is that they never agreed to joining the empire and fought off imperial forces when they arrived to try and take them over. Their world was so backwater and useless it was never really battled for, except for occasional forays into Dornean territory to keep them scared of the empire. The Dorneans, pissed off, sent a few of their gunships to support the alliance. They recently showed up in Rogue One as one of the background ships, and again in Rebels. At this point if they ever release a proper model I'll probably buy the shit out of it for love of a ship that's so kludgy in design.
>>
File: tyler-smith-natlass03.jpg (216KB, 1920x1536px) Image search: [Google]
tyler-smith-natlass03.jpg
216KB, 1920x1536px
>>52371022
Thanks anon, that's exactly what I needed.

And it's a glorious little ship. It's exactly what you'd hope for.

I bet you could build it out of lego pretty easily.
>>
>>52370879
>fresh young farmboy
>>
File: capture_135_26032017_003611.jpg (59KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
capture_135_26032017_003611.jpg
59KB, 1920x1080px
What the FUCK is this? Goddamn wimpy ass turbolaser fire. If they cut out the scenes with Kanan surviving blasts 10 feet away. the orbital bombardment would have been amazing.

>>52370296
Looks like the police gunship from SW: Bounty Hunter
>>52369887
>>52369812
>>52369762
Dornean Gunship, been around since RotJ, got more screentime in Rogue One and the Rebels S3 finale. One of their commanders from RotJ was a major-ish character in the EU's Dark Fleet Crisis trilogy.
>>
File: christian-piccolo-repfighter01.jpg (167KB, 1000x918px) Image search: [Google]
christian-piccolo-repfighter01.jpg
167KB, 1000x918px
>>52371103
>Looks like the police gunship from SW: Bounty Hunter

It's U-wing concept art.
>>
>>52371103

I feel like the effects team blew all their spare cash and render cycles on rendering all the ships (and applying the original explosion effects from the OT over them) they didn't have the time to do much damage to the planetary model. Like, there's just the laser and some pyrotechnic effects, fuck all happens to the terrain - probably because actually doing all the deformations to the model would be a pain in the dick. Doing landscapes is apparently a pain in the ass, it's why for example they had Ryloth from orbit in S2 but didn't have ground shots until S3.

In Recon they said they're gonna try some new VFX and animation techniques in the new season, I'm hoping some of that sort of detail getting handled is part of it.
>>
>>52371181

Land also being a pain in the dick is probably why there are so many floating platforms in the show too.
>>
>>52370755
You forgot leia
It isn't a real harem if there isn't an incest route
>>
How much of a chance did the Rebellion really have before the Emperor died? Like it feels like they were just getting their shit kicked in the entire time.
>>
>>52370755
>>52371318
I'm now imagining a Luke/Leia/Mara threesome and it's giving me very confused feelings
>>
>>52371332
The Emperor was playing 4d Chess, but forgot that he lived in 3d space.

The material shows that the Empire was beginning to collapse on it's own weight.
>>
>>52371383

The Emperor needed to work on his specificity on "what" should be done with which "Skywalker"
>>
>>52371022
hardly offhand the dornean military commander was in black fleet crisis. ackbar appoints him the commander of a new fleet because of how well he did against the Imperial Fleet despite being outnumbered
>>
File: Vader.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Vader.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>52371406
>>52371383
>>52371387

>Bring me the Hand of Skywalker...
>in marriage!
>>
File: Etahn-abaht.png (240KB, 300x418px) Image search: [Google]
Etahn-abaht.png
240KB, 300x418px
>>52371451
>>52371022
He's also the lesser E-Wing pilot on the tabletop.
>>
>>52371383
Listen my dude, as long as they don't have kids together it'll be fine.
Besides, consider this- Leia x Mara Jade x Leia's Handmaiden from the Zahn books
>>
>>52371515
Great for epic
>>
>>52371535

I feel like that's a Shabby_Blue piece
>>
>>52371535
Winter. Her name's Winter.
>>
File: Duel of the Fates.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Duel of the Fates.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>52371535
/tg/ is unusually magical realm this evening.

Keep it in your pants, folks. It's all fiction.
>>
File: tychowinter4.jpg (31KB, 302x400px) Image search: [Google]
tychowinter4.jpg
31KB, 302x400px
>>52371535
You leave Tycho's Waifu out of this.

Winter's pure.

PURE.
>>
>>52371569
I think he wrote a fic about that.
>>
>>52371515
I really want whatever he's shooting at to get a mini
>>
>>52371597
You're probably thinking of the one where Leia decides she likes being a prositute and ends up being Fey'lya's sex slave.
>>
>>52371599
They *almost* look like Toscan Fighters, but not.
>>
File: Rom Mohc.png (121KB, 296x250px) Image search: [Google]
Rom Mohc.png
121KB, 296x250px
Short of pulling a Rom Mohc and going out into space in armor Pryce did everything right and is still probably gonna get executed or demoted for losing that Interdictor.

>>52371631
>>52371599
>>52371515
I think it's the atmospheric fighter from XWA.
>>
>>52371623
No I'm thinking of the one where she and Winter have sex with Mara before she is about to get married.
>>
>>52371535
Consider this as well
Wedge/Mirax, first time.
>>
>>52371585
Didn't this thread have a counterpart on one of the porn boards for a while?
Maybe it died and those people came back here
>>
File: 1487181659609.jpg (177KB, 1500x797px) Image search: [Google]
1487181659609.jpg
177KB, 1500x797px
>>52371741
Ah well, this is /tg/. Can't be helped.

Quality advice, though. Really high quality.
>>
>>52371585
/tg/ has a slice of all boards, so degeneracy is expected
>>
Is it bad that I find Commando soldier more appealing for a bounty hunter than an actual Bounty Hunter?
>>
>>52371782
It's not like I have a problem with it, I'm not into it, but I don't care that other folks here are
>>
File: X-Wing Cross Section.jpg (2MB, 1859x1223px) Image search: [Google]
X-Wing Cross Section.jpg
2MB, 1859x1223px
>>52371785
And we have our own brand of homegrown lewdness.
>>
>>52371586
>Implying Girls Love isn't the purest of all
>>
File: 5455bd79a46b0b36117bf5b6caa20b50.jpg (386KB, 1920x640px) Image search: [Google]
5455bd79a46b0b36117bf5b6caa20b50.jpg
386KB, 1920x640px
>>52371857

I'm just bemused.

Told my wife I'd asked /tg/ for advice for the game she's in and immediately relieved harem anime advice. She said it was typical.
>>
>>52371895
With Fem!Tycho, sure. But nobody else
>>
>>52371918
Where do you think you are?
>>
File: 1488085893832.jpg (143KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1488085893832.jpg
143KB, 1024x768px
>>52371936
My house?

Oh, right, /tg/. No see, it was funny to her because she used to post on here a long time ago, and she was pleased to see things haven't changed at all.
>>
>>52371585
>magical realm
>3-way Romance between girls is a magical realm
I wasn't even talking about sexy times, pallie.
>>
File: 1486517530249.jpg (29KB, 400x601px) Image search: [Google]
1486517530249.jpg
29KB, 400x601px
>>52371991
Riiiiiiiight.

I'm pretty sure the first thing on your mind wasn't the relationship troubles and structure of trigonal polyamory in a sci-fi setting. I'm pretty sure emotional compatibility of three fictional characters was not considered.

I'm pretty sure it was lesbian three-ways.
>>
>>52371924
>Fem!Tycho
Oh shit, that just gave me an idea
>VN where all the girls are rule 63 rogue squadron
>>
>>52372015
no, it was leia getting kissed on the cheek by two beautiful women at the same time and blushing
>>
>>52372094
And the lesbian threeways, don't lie, you are among your kind.
>>
File: 1254725011825.jpg (235KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1254725011825.jpg
235KB, 1680x1050px
>>52372094
Perfectly chaste handholding for the purposes of platonic friendship?
>>
>>52372116
that comes *after* the kissing, and the cinema dates, and the festivals, man. What kinda girls do you think they are?
>>52372123
Get this 'Just Friends' nonsense out of my face. It didn't work for nanoha and it won't work now
>>
>>52372149
Wasn't saying it didn't, just that Lesbian threeways were definitely in there.
>>
File: 1469727714908.jpg (540KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1469727714908.jpg
540KB, 1200x1200px
>>52367466
Yes it does.

>>52367977
Looks pretty good. Keep at least one comms booster, it's an amazing card and otherwise you have nothing to spend energy on. Good on taking Etahn. He's amazing in epic.

But Transports should either have Toryn Far or slicer tools. They need to do something meaningful. So pick one of those.
>>
>>52372022
>rule 63 rogue squadron
So Rouge squadron?
>>
>>52372189
Fund it.
>>
>>52372195
Only if you talk X into writing it
>>
File: mack-sztaba-vehicle-roughs-2.jpg (252KB, 1920x1067px) Image search: [Google]
mack-sztaba-vehicle-roughs-2.jpg
252KB, 1920x1067px
>>52372215
Seems like effort. Plus, my devil-may-care attitude towards canon is not likely to lead to success in this grognard-pleasing project.
>>
File: 1309033255880498.jpg (118KB, 850x576px) Image search: [Google]
1309033255880498.jpg
118KB, 850x576px
>>52372215
>Me
>Writing new shit on top of the shit I'm already not writing
I'll pass. Besides, I'm pretty bad at writing good and varied female characters. Every time I try writing a woman, she ends up being the same thing: a foul-mouthed, whisky-swilling gearhead with an unhealthily large firearm collection. Or a starfighter.
>>
>>52372326

So, she's always a starfighter?
Thread posts: 428
Thread images: 102

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.