[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much loyalty can you expect from an ork mercenary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Warboss_Baddfrag.png (1MB, 849x849px) Image search: [Google]
Warboss_Baddfrag.png
1MB, 849x849px
I setting up to GM a rogue trader game, I'm relatively new to the 40k universe,but am doing my best to read/listen to as much lore as I can to be sure I get it right. However, my little brother who participating in the game really wants to play an ork weirdboy. I have no issue with this from a mechanical perspective as the wierdboy's powers look fun as hell, but I am begining to question why an ork would join a rogue trader crew and why he would stay any longer than he feels is fun/required. My brother just wants to play a big angry psychic space fungus and I feel that I should indulge him, but if there is a way to properly justify this I would prefer it.
>>
>>52335951
Remember, the orks really are only motivated for war, and what is for war.
So if that weirdboy is alone, and this is his only option, then he will go, as long as he gets war.
Of course, since he fundamentally can not change, things that go too slow can lead to a betrayal. But if he is sated, this can last forever.
I'd be more worried about how other people in the Imperium view the Trader for having an Ork not for torture/research purposes.
>>
>>52335951
Just keep dangling a bigger carrot and some teef.
The ork will keep going loyally as long as the rogue trader/another crewmember is the bigga there is.
It also lives for war, so promise him guns and slightlyy bigger guns for ever.
>>
>>52335998
It's a possibility that the only reason he is with the party is because they can't kick him out due to them being scared of a psychic Alluh Akbar if they try.
>>
>>52335998
There's rules for getting him "sanctioned" isn't there? Does sanctioning not have much sway in the end?
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (9KB, 250x268px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
9KB, 250x268px
Are you expecting a lot of loyalty from a hired gun?
>>
>>52336051
IIRC Sanctioning a xeno is a painfully awkward process that is genuinely degrading to the xeno in question. Orks aren't prideful creatures by and large and would probably go along with it, but not every Imperial leader or Inquisitor will actually acknowledge its sanctioned status.
>>
File: 1489974051584.png (96KB, 394x294px) Image search: [Google]
1489974051584.png
96KB, 394x294px
naming myself for clarity's sake.

So as long as the captain keeps promising fights and guns an ork could be kept relatively in line, but I still have some minor questions if you folks don't mind me asking. Would the presence of squigs,gretchins, and/or minderz make controling the lot of them more difficult? Do the explorers have to worry about ork spores sprouting on their ship or being carried with them onto planets? And less of a fluff question and more of general gm advice, should I worry too much if the ork player still wants to hang around even if no fighting happens for a while? Thanks for the quick replies btw it's making my job a lot easier.
>>
>>52336167

Most Orks are very prideful, not to mention ornery, stubborn and rebellious. Orks take pride in their Orkiness. Being ded Orky is a good thing. Slinking around with 'oomies is ded unOrky. You might find some outliers who'd go for it, but even most Blood Axe mercs wouldn't want to directly serve a human boss by themselves.
>>
>>52335951
Da tradah told me about the big Emprah, 'e iz so big an' gold that 'iz chair takes up both da planet an' da warp.

Da Emprah is da biggest an' tha strongest!
>>
>>52336331
Squigs are animals, and would be controlled by one, so no worry there. Gretchins are fairly independent, and would take this far piece of 'liberty' if offered. Never heard of minderz. Spores only come from ork injuries (usually), so keep note wherever the ork gets injured for potential infestation....unless fire is involved.
As for the player, will saves have to start coming in, or he will feel (the character) an undeniable inclination for violence.
>>
>>52336486
Shit, messed up the wording.
The squigs would be controlled like animals, so no worry.
>>
>>52336467
Shut ya gob! Da Emprah's not green, ya zoggin' git! He can't be da biggest an' tha strongest if 'e ain't green!

Real talk though. There's nothing more dangerous than a bored Ork with nothing to fight. Like >>52336486 said, if there's too long a lull in the fighting, an Ork's natural inclination toward violence will cause him to attack anyone, including allies.
>>
Anyone remember that DS9 episode with the rapidly growing Jem'Hadar child?

Yeah. That.
>>
>>52335951
>I am begining to question why an ork would join a rogue trader crew and why he would stay any longer than he feels is fun/required.
Set them up as the ship's twist catcher. Constant fighting from one end of the ship to the other, then back again.

>Those who dwell within the enclosed environment of a voidship’s hull risk constant exposure to radiation, both from the vessel’s mighty engines and the void itself. These harsh conditions mean an increased risk of mutation. It is a lamentable fact that even the most well-maintained vessels play host to sizeable mutant populations, hordes of the deformed unfortunates lurking in unused holds and seldom-serviced bilge decks. It is the duty of the Twistcatcher to keep his ship’s mutant population in check, and in times of dire need press these malformed wastrels into service for the good of the human crew.
>>
>>52336486
The rules for playing an ork weirdboy say that he can purchase minderz as an talent which are orkz who's job is to make sure that the weirdboy doesn't explode and to protect him from threats. That's what makes me somewhat concerned, he was the ability to have a small entourage of ork body guards, gretchins and squigs. How fast could that get out of hand?
>>
>>52336844
If the Weirdboy is in command-in command-it can almost never go out of hand.
Orks do challenge and fight, but when someone is clearly the superior, they will listen. Hierarchy can be surprisingly rigid if done right.
Since the Weirdboy should outclass any minderz he gets (at that point of being able to get them-or even before that point), he should keep things 'orderly'
Now if the weirdboy shows weaknesses way too fast, or he wants to rebel, then yes things do get out of hand. But that is really the only situation.
>>
No loyalty. Whoever gives the most teef and fun.
>>
>>52336063
Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a git before throwing him out of a dakkajet?
>>
>>52336063
Magos Pavelos, I'm the Inquisition.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.