[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a system that can work for a DBZ rpg setting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Super Saiyan God 2.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Super Saiyan God 2.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
Is there a system that can work for a DBZ rpg setting?
>>
>>52333133
Not that I'm aware of.

There have been several fan attempts and (I think) one official attempt, but as far as I'm aware nothing was very successful or good.

One of the problems with DBZ is that it can't be done in a system that's too heavy on crunch. A Dragonball Z game would need a more abstract, narrative form of game play.
>>
File: catalog.png (77KB, 360x330px) Image search: [Google]
catalog.png
77KB, 360x330px
>>52333133
>>
>>52333133
What's with the blue hair?
>>
>>52333256
How about Mutants and Masterminds? Fairly simple, and works quite well from what I've heard.
>>
>>52333305
It's Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. It's what happens when a saiyan who's reached Super Saiyan God becomes a Super Saiyan God and then goes Super Saiyan while in the Super Saiyan God Form.
>>
>>52333305
New level of super saiyan.

They can temporarily achieve god hood.
>>
>>52333323
What happens when Cell goes Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, after training for four months to go Metal Frieza?
>>
>>52333371
>Cell
>training
Dude's too vain to attempt self-improvement. Well, except for that one way.
>>
>>52333371
What happens is a big, overpowered mess.
>>
>>52333133
BESM.
It's literally built to emulate anime and supports all the world- cracking craziness you want.
>>
File: Valor.png (3MB, 1225x1615px) Image search: [Google]
Valor.png
3MB, 1225x1615px
>>52333133
Valor's an option, haven't had a chance to play it myself but it's an anime styled system with a bunch of flexibility.
>>
>>52333933
Valor requires a map which might not be suitable if a group doesn't want to use one
>>
>>52333306
It definitely works, but a lot of people seem to complain about the Power Level Limits working against the super saiyan concept, but there are ways to work around that easily:

1. Simply flavor extra effort and utilize extraordinary effort, utilize Hero Points and complications imposed by GMs or character motivations as much as possible to keep the possibly linked together super form above power level as much as needed.

2. Use the no Power Level Limits rules to allow the powers to go as high as your can afford them with power points, but be sure to limit PP a little more so that way, if the players wants to achieve really ridiculous power, they'll have to be willing to take the Flaws to accommodate the cost.

Also, there are rules about this in the Power Profiles book Under a By Design section, but it isn't foolproof and requires good GM judgment.
>>
File: SuperSaiyanGod.jpg (124KB, 564x833px) Image search: [Google]
SuperSaiyanGod.jpg
124KB, 564x833px
>>52333323
Now called Super Saiyan Blue due to it being to hard for Goku to say without injuring himself.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.