[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stat her, /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 31

File: IMG_0446.jpg (216KB, 1024x924px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0446.jpg
216KB, 1024x924px
Can she and her army kill your setting's gods?
>>
>>52327737
I don't know who she is, but my setting 'gods' can't be killed. Killing is not a concept that applies to them. They are not destructible beings of energy occupying a different plane while watching and tugging the strings of reality. They are literally the source of the raw matter than composes the fundamental fields of physics that allow the world to function. If you could delete one, and you can't, it would be like erasing an arbritary chunk of code from a complex computer program. It would simply not compile.

It's not that existence would be destroyed. Because that implies progression over time. It would never have been in the first place.
>>
fuck off back to sufficient velocity
>>
My setting does not feature Gods.

It features Omega Points settled in artificial universes where the laws of physics are designed to encompass the whole of the Omega Point. As in, the reality in which an Omega Point exists, enforces the existence of said Omega Point, regardless of what an outside-universe force tries to inflict on it.
>>
>>52327737
1st level commoner able to are control any humanoid within 15 ft.
>>
>>52328090
I think she's got enough training to at least qualify for a more combat focused class then commoner.
>>
>>52327823
Seems fun.
Gonna kill some bases of existence.
>>
>>52327737
Could you tell us what this is OP?

I don't quite have enough time to read a full source of graphic novels....
>>
>>52328233
1st level warrior able to control etc.
>>
>>52328350
It's Worm, specifically Khepri, a girl with the power to control any human in 15 feet of her.
She took over someone capable of making doors in reality, and thus extended her range globally.
>>
>>52328655
Dimensionally even.
>>
>>52328655
Only globally?
And by the way, that is not powerful at all. You don't even have to target her. If her real power comes from the door reality thingy bajing, kill that dude. Send unmanned robots. Missiles with pre-plotted courses.
Or have one dude sacrifice himself with bombs strapped on him getting close and controlled by her.
In the end, she can only control so many people at once. She can't react that fast to multiple threats. And she can only control humans. If she doesn't even know who it is, she has no chance.

Sorry OP, neat idea, but too easy to defeat.
>>
>>52331504
>In the end, she can only control so many people at once

not actually the case.
>>
>>52331599
I meant in terms of reactions. If multiple threats suddenly appear, she can't humanly think of popping out doors on all of them, having her ability go through, and control them, before any have launched an inhumane threat.

Also, that beats her too. Having a genetically-modified person created in secrecy allows for her to be shut down very quickly. Only humans she can control. If sufficiently modified, it is no longer human.
>>
>>52331504
>In the end, she can only control so many people at once
There's no upper limit to how many people or insects she can control at once.
>She can't react that fast to multiple threats
Nope. Superhuman reaction times thanks to sharing senses with the things under her control.
>And she can only control humans
And bugs. And sea creatures with simplistic nervous systems.
>If she doesn't even know who it is, she has no chance.
Uh, what?
>>
>>52331940
I thought she lost the bug control when she gained human control?

Anyway, that whole story is in need of an editor.
>>
>>52327737
Who the fuck is that?
>>
>>52332010

The web serial is in the order of, say, 18 'normal' novels in length. I think I read 12 or 13 other books while in the process of reading Worm last year.

It's in a dire need of an editor (for reasons that will become obvious to anyone reading it), but the effort required is comparable to the effort required to write it in the first place. I doubt it's ever happening.
>>
>>52332083
Khepri from a superhero web serial called Worm.
>>
>>52332145
Well, the author is a fucking workhorse at the very least.
>>
>>52327737

>abloo bloo bloo muh mary sue so hard she kill all da gods

fuck off.
>>
>>52328655
How does that make her qualify as a threat to gods though?
>>
I imagine if you just sent someone who was immune to her mind control with some kind of stealth technology or invisibility spell towards her she'd be done for.
>>
>>52331671

She has infinite multitasking ability.
>>
>>52327737
>>52331504

Essentially it's body control combined with infinite multitasking, so she can control anyone within her range which is something like 15ft and she suffers no pressure whether she's coordinating and controlling a billion people or one person. It also comes with a couple of secondary powers like innate understanding of the ailities of anyone in her range and being able to use the senses of anyone in her range. If it's got a nervous system her power should work on it, it's had flaws but that's only from the very most powerful beings in her setting, small enough to count on one hand.
The portals are from Doormaker, he can make portals between any two points he can see, Khepri's range extends through these portals so if there is one end a foot from her she'd get a range of 14ft around the other end, he has no restrictions other then he has to be able to see both ends.
The third part is Clairvoyant, her power is basically seeing everything, if it's on Earth she can see it with her power regardless of where it is or even what universes Earth it is. She also has the ability to share her vision with anyone she's touching. The earth only part may not be a strict rule but it would suffer speed of light delay anyway so it's mostly irrelevant.
So the three of them are dangerous because their powers synergize really well, Clairvoyant essentially lets Doormaker make portals anywhere and that essentially gives Khepri multiversal/planetary range. That's why they're so dangerous, because within a matter of seconds after starting any human of decent power is going to be one of khepri's pawn.
>>52331671
she can use layers of portals facing away from her to create a near indestructible suit of Armour, use portals to cut them in half, flee to another universe, open portals at their feet that lead them to a volcano. i really don't see how that is supposed to beat her.
>>
File: DM_vs_Anon.png (883KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
DM_vs_Anon.png
883KB, 500x708px
>>52327737
Heck no.
>>
>>52331671
That would be the case for people, but the superhumans in the setting outsource the computational requirements of their various abilities to extra-dimensional abominations. She literally has all the processing power she needs to control every superhuman on the planet.
>>
>>52332612
Still nothing against a non-human, immortal, invulnerable, reality warper.

Gods are so incredibly High Level it is impossible to beat them, because they were never intended to be outside a few cultures.
>>
File: IMG_1040.jpg (269KB, 1056x723px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1040.jpg
269KB, 1056x723px
>>52327737
No
>>
The only reason she could kill the god of her own setting was because he was basically in the process of dying and otherwise too massively gimped, no way she could have ever taken on an entity at full strength.

How many points would Khepri take to stat in M&M?
And how many points would Doormaker and Clairvoyant individually take?
I'd love to know just how easy I'd be to make such a winning combination.

>>52332475
That actually happened, the stealthed person was on Khepri's side though and only used the stealth power (aura of erasing conscience memories of herself) to plant subliminal messages to keep her from completely losing her shit from controlling most of the superhuman population.
>>
File: 1489185293155.jpg (30KB, 640x325px) Image search: [Google]
1489185293155.jpg
30KB, 640x325px
>>52327737
The gods in my setting are all agents of entropy.

Killing them only furthers their own goals. That's why they're gods, because no matter what you do, they win, why worship anything less?
>>
>>52327737
Question, is this character meant to be a hero?

Because overwriting the free will of so many people sounds really Villainous. Its literally Darkseid's primary goal to be able to do this shit.
>>
>>52327737
Not seeing anything to stop her from being removed from fate, being destroyed by attacks originating from within herself, no protection from any sort of high end time manipulation, no protected from counter mind control, and no comprehensive CBRN defense.

She would not do well.
>>
File: 1425444882882.png (112KB, 727x677px) Image search: [Google]
1425444882882.png
112KB, 727x677px
>>52327737
No because she wouldn't have the Plot Railroad nor its Plot Railroad Conductors to ensure she wins without making gormless idiots question if it was an earned win or not.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFuck Worm
>>
>>52333007
Khepri's control spree turns out to be entirely justified in context. Literally saving that section of the multiverse.
>>
File: 456456456456.jpg (53KB, 394x283px) Image search: [Google]
456456456456.jpg
53KB, 394x283px
>>52333007
People have been diffing down into the mire of the edgelord pit for so long, questions like that only lead to excuses.
>>
>>52332904
>How many points would Khepri take to stat in M&M?

Functionally infinite? She has nigh infinite range, nigh infinite perception and no limitations as long as the target is a human.

>And how many points would Doormaker and Clairvoyant individually take?

Again, it's likely to be nigh infinite at least for clairvoyant. Omniscience tends to do that.

Doormaker has a limitation where he can only make portals in line of sight however and is a catotonic wreck.
>>
>>52333118
I'd rather have nothing. I would welcome the end of the universe if the other option was "justified" slavery.
>>
>>52333136
Khepri can control anything with a nervous system. Includes invertebrates, animals, (all the multiverse's) insects etc.
It was a neat battle.
>>
>>52331940
If she doesn't know who's firing the missiles, how can she reality door to them and control them?

Honestly, she seems really weak. And gods are not even defined as humans. She would fail, badly.
>>
>>52333151
Worse than nothing was on the plate. Situation fed into 'with great power comes great insanity' territory. And Lovecraftian horror type threats.
>>
>>52327737
No, All my setting's gods have plot armor, that's why they're in that position.
>>
>>52333209
>Worse than nothing was on the plate

Good, I choose that. Better then slavery.
>>
>>52333065
Take control of anyone she can who can cast spells for a damn, portal them over to her plain of existence and have them all make some magica defences to to protect her from said divine force?
>>
>>52333234
If something so simple a concept as magic can be defense against the will of the divine, then it is not divine.
>>
>>52333189
That's why she mind controlled an oracle
>>
File: skitter_by_neoworm-d9mp6r7.jpg (131KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
skitter_by_neoworm-d9mp6r7.jpg
131KB, 1024x576px
>>52333136
>Functionally infinite? She has nigh infinite range, nigh infinite perception and no limitations as long as the target is a human.
On her own she doesn't and only has a range of 15 feet, that's why I specifically asked for Doormakers and Clairvoyants points on their own.

Also I'm pretty sure Doormaker only is in a Helen Keller like state as a side effect of being constantly hooked up on Clairvoyants power which I guess is something to consider when statting Clairvoyant.

While I'm not that experienced with Mutants&Masterminds myself I saw enough about it to know that it is specifically designed to be able to handle galactic level powers, it won't be cheap at all but I doubt Clairvoyant will take nigh infinite points / won't be able to be statted in M&M.
>>
>>52333326
Well that's news to me.

Now how well can she control robots? Can she even predict a robot's actions?
>>
>>52327737
Thing is, hitpoints are a weird old bunch.
>>
>>52333337
Pro-Tip:
If it can get statted, it can die.
Easily.
>>
>>52327737
Honestly, she should have never reached a point where she had that many followers.

In a proper world, she would have been dead thanks to the ability being really really shit in practice when ICBMs are a thing.
>>
>>52333386
Incorrect.
>>
>>52333386
>Easily
What if it is specifically statted to be really hard to kill?
>>
>>52333398
Good thing it wasn't a proper world, it was the fucking apocalypse.
>>
>>52333403
>>52333418
It has stats. It is now killable.
Never, goddamn ever, underestimate your players.
>>52333424
Jesus christ, new info is being thrown at me every two seconds to deny what is otherwise a completely legitimate point. Also, she should be shot on sight in an apocalypse if she looks like that.
And sight includes three thousand meters on a sniper rifle.
>>
>>52333386
What if it has stats for attacks and damage and social stuff and supernatural influence over reality and so on, but it saves and defenses say "Yes" and its HP has an infinity symbol next to it?
>>
>>52333451
>It has stats. It is now killable.

The only stats for my gods are "Rip up your character sheet" That's how beings that are omniscient role.
>>
>>52333478
Yes is not a stat.
Thus, it is not statted.
>>52333515
That's a good approach.
>>
>>52333451
Ah, sorry. Didn't know you haven't read it, otherwise I wouldn't post confusing retarded posts.

What you need to know is that nobody was aware of this ability until it was too late, when she had unlimited perception of every inch of every dimension and alternate universe, coupled with the ability to instantly open an unlimited amount of portals and instantly take complete control of anyone there, including superpowered individuals.

Crazy how nature do that.

Anyway, even with this utterly broken powerset she only managed to kill Jesus because he was an autistic retard who let himself be killed after getting bullied.
>>
>>52333364
She can't control robots. Her power controls nervous systems and robots don't have those.
>>52333398
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

You clearly are not thinking with omniscient, rangeless, multiversal, mind controlling portals.
>>
>>52333534
All right cool.
Suppose luck ends up hitting that field of not being detected, but I get it now. Thanks OP!
Anyway, here's some stats.
15HP
12 AC
Medium Humanoid (Mutant?)
12 Strength
14 Constitution
12 Dexterity
20 Intelligence
20 Wisdom
10 Charisma
Skills: None
Abilities: Mind Control-15ft Range, applies to nervous system creature
Hyper Mind Awareness-Any creature controlled by this being has all abilities and knowledge of said abilities under her control.
>>
>>52333582
>omniscient, rangeless, multiversal, mind controlling portals.
>omniscient

A portal is not alive nor able to think, it is a portal, so how is it "all knowing"?

Are you thinking omnipresent? Because a portal or portals can be that.
>>
>>52333232
So do her slaves. Everyone is still conscious while she is controlling them like puppets. She only realizes this when one of the most powerful superheroes has a stroke from the stress of the situation.

Fortunately, she also agrees and once the threat is gone she releases her control over everyone, at which point she gets shot in the back or the head.
>>
>>52333664
>which point she gets shot in the back or the head.

Good, a fitting end to a slave master.
>>
>>52333632
Oh, and incase you're interested in reasoning:
From what I understand, she is not particularly hardy or capable. Her true power lies in total control of anyone in range, from which point she has an unconscious awareness of what to do. Thus, that remains as her defining ability. She can control anything, and from there she can derive additional power.
Don't forget that the mind control is unlimited in its capacity when writing this down as a stat sheet.
>>
>>52333683
she literally just saved the multi-verse with her actions...
>>
>>52333664
>>52333683
>>52333736
Shit, this is hitting moral argument territory.

Good thing I got OP stats before this thread derails.
>>
>>52333736
So what?

A pederast that helps an old lady across the street is still a pederast.
>>
>>52333778
I hardly think they're morally comparable. If a pedo saved the human species from extinction I'd be pretty inclined to forgive his child-molesting.
>>
>>52333650

>Omniscient

>This wasn’t comforting at all. Not this. Not at this brutal scale. I could sense the entirety of the world, from atmosphere to ocean floor. I could, if I wanted to listen for it, hear the wind, the patter of rain, see the shimmers of heat on one side of the planet and the frost forming in caves on the other side of the planet, day and night at the same time.

A yes as long as it's near an earth.
>>
>>52333683

She does it knowing someone will try to kill her.

Here's the context since OP, doesn't like to give any info.

Skitter is a teenage girl that can control simple animals i.e. bugs. A multidimensional eldritch horror is systematically killing all of humanity dimension by dimension because it had a really bad day. Skitter tricks a friend who has fleshmolding powers to alter the part of her brain that gives her powers. Instead of it increasing her range like she said, it increases her control level.

This happens while she is in a crowd of superheroes who are arguing over how to prevent the apocalypse. She grabs a guy that creates portals, then uses him to put her in range of all the psychics and dimension hoppers, then links every superhero in every dimension with her mind to create a unified army of slaves to fight the eldritch horror. She leaves two close friend supers uncontrolled to talk her down and/or kill her if she loses control.

When the fight is over and humanity is saved she puts every superhero still alive back in their home dimension then releases her control and is immediately shot in the head.
>>
>>52333683
She thought so herself, she managed to survive (only because the person who shot her decided she could) and lamented not dying when she should have.

She had to go on and life with borderline mentally retardation, because that's what happens to people with 2 bullets in their head, while trying to assume a new identity and coming to terms with the shit she pulled.

>>52333768
Arguements about Worm morality never lead to anything good
>>
>>52333632
Oh hey this actually works.
>>
>>52333822
Forgot the name change.

After this her code name is changed to Khepri, the goddess of bugs, to reflect her actual power level.
>>
>>52333850
>Khepri, the goddess of bugs
More specifically an egyptian goddess who is considered "The weaver of fate" and uses an insect as her symbol.
>>
>>52333841
She doesn't get a new identity, she gets shunted to a different dimension where her parents never hooked up so her mother is alive but she was never born.

Also, the lobe that grants powers was surgically removed.

She wanted to die, the people that saved her over did so as a reward because she played the part of villain in their plan.

For anyone else reading, one of the supers has the ability to always see the correct path to victory. Skitter/Khepri enslaving everyone temporarily was the culmination of that plan and the only way humanity could survive.
>>
>>52332265
>And her army
Which is basically compiled of the most powerful parahumans in all dimensions she is aware of and she controls them and their powers in such a way that any counterattack can be immediately countered by someone with the right power.
>>
>>52333768
You act like this thread was good, it's no better than someone posting an Accelerator wank thread on /co/.
>>
>>52333844
I'm glad it does. Hope it goes well, whatever you needed it for.
>>52333912
I have faith in all threads, anon. It's how I survived for so long.
>>
File: 280px-Khepri.svg.png (53KB, 280x600px) Image search: [Google]
280px-Khepri.svg.png
53KB, 280x600px
>>52333890
A male god, not a goddess.
Also really just a dude with a bug for his head, I expected more from a "weaver of fate".
>>
File: DS-1.jpg (1MB, 1472x816px) Image search: [Google]
DS-1.jpg
1MB, 1472x816px
>>52327737

"Sir, a rogue force sensitive has managed to take control of an entire planet, and conventional attempts at subduing them have ended in failure."

"The Emperor would not be pleased at this display of subversion. You may fire when ready!"
>>
>>52333953
He's also the bringer of the dawn, which fits for Worm as when kills the god (scion/zion) it's called the Golden Morning
>>
>I hardly think they're morally comparable

A pederast rapes boys, Khepri rapes peoples minds.

>If a pedo saved the human species from extinction I'd be pretty inclined to forgive his child-molesting.

That pedo also saved countless other pedos in doing so. So not only are you forgiving of rape but also the continued propagation of it. You just want to selfishly stay alive because it's a biological imperative.
>>
>>52333958
Dude just reflect the beam with a mirror. That's how lasers work, right?
>>
>>52333451
Also the apocalypse was their version of autistic superpower Cthulhu going on an Omni-dimensional genocide. She only enslaved everyone for about an hour.
>>
>>52334025
Wait what?
>>
>>52334025
>You just want to selfishly stay alive because it's a biological imperative.

I mean...when you put it that way...
>>
File: xeno0003.jpg (4KB, 250x221px) Image search: [Google]
xeno0003.jpg
4KB, 250x221px
>>52327737

Xeno thread?
>>
>>52327737
I have a distinct hatred of the cops and robbers, "I shot you, no you didn't, my bullets can't miss, you have no bullets, za warudo!" mentality in stupid shit like this, so that's the sort of character who's head I'd put on a spike at the start of my campaign, just to make a point.
>>
>>52334025
Life is selfish.
>>
>>52333007
Worm in general has a massive boner for HARD PEOPLE MAKING HARD DECISIONS and DOING THE WRONG THING FOR THE RIGHT REASONS and how conventional ideals of heroism are a sham.
>>
>>52333958
There's a likely chance Khepri could sense the threat of a planet destroying laser using the combined power of all the people with precognitive abilities under her control and then portal everyone over into a parallel dimension earth, but it would still accomplish the goal of removing her from that particular universe so I'd say it counts.
>>
File: 1488191834765.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488191834765.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>52333778
>>52333789
>>52334025
I had a chuckle.
>>
>>52334008
Because god knows Shitbow had to justify his shitty name for his super saiyan taylor SOMEHOW. fucking hackass motherfucker
>>
>>52334123
Life is evil, the Greeks knew this thousands of years ago and those retards believed that ducks were born from trees.
>>
>>52334116
Nuh-uh, she's immune to getting impaled on spikes :^))))
>>
>>52334025
Wtf. At least out some effort into your trolling.
>>
>>52334160
>and how conventional ideals of heroism are a sham.

Which is also why it would be classified as young adult fiction. Because tweens are just about the only ones who should get boners over such things. Nice people are allowed to exist and do nice things. Not every asshole needs to be an asshole to be compelling.
>>
>>52327737
Probably not. Mind control is regarded as a gimmick that will be shrugged off by anybody who is actually dangerous, and those dangerous people are essentially capable of fighting off any number of regular guys.

Might be a significant threat, if she jacks a bunch of slightly above average people who haven't developed their resistance yet, but any of the big players will just cleave through her army and fuck her with a zweihander.
>>
>>52334307
Her mind control has no save DC. It cannot be resisted.
>>
File: 118.png (35KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
118.png
35KB, 300x100px
>>52334266
No, Anon. We need at least one re-hash of Watchmen/NGE every few years to remind us that cool things are dumb, and things are only interesting if it's comparable to shoving a cactus up your rectum.
>>
>>52334333
It's also not mind control, just body and power control.
>>
She would be incredibly annoying to fight even if you're a god.
Hopping through dimensions, hitting you with a million different superpowers and taking control of your mortal champions.

However, she has to sleep sometime, and then it's gg.
>>
>>52334160
>>52334266
>>52334266
Isn't most of what we see just highly affected by Taylors personal worldview without actually representing the reality of the setting?
For example she has the shitluck of meeting some really shitty superheroes during her first few contacts with them and assumes every one of them is like that, she remains distrustful of them for most of the story even as the reader realizes that most of them are upstanding people that mostly did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 4354352.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
4354352.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>52334228
I see you get my point.
>>
>>52334387
Question is, will you survive by the time she needs to rest?
>>
>>52334333
I mean, that probably upgrades her from significant threat to near-apocalypse scenario, but this is a setting where people have powered through being erased from the timeline through force of will. To summarise, it's epic fantasy so I don't have to explain SHIT.

Two options from here: Either the settings are incompatible, or this becomes a powerlevel wank.
>>
>>52334435
Sorry I really butchered that second sentence, it's way too late here
>>
>>52334435
Well she eventually turns herself in and joins the Protectorate, so she does start getting her head on straight, but then things get more and more fucked up.
>>
>>52334456
The settings are incompatible. Master/Stranger effects in Worm are literally impossible to resist which is why they're so scary.
>>
>>52334438
Any self-respecting god should be able to take the amount of punishment she could dish out.

How much hp do your gods have, anons?
>>
>>52334520
Depends. How long can your god last when it's being pounded from six different dimensions by 14 different attack methods and any counter-attack the god poses is foreseen by thinkers and dodged/countered?
>>
>Setting has equivalent to Judeo-Christian God
>Considers mind control sinful
>Bugbitch is now a pillar of salt

Well that was over quickly. Alternately

>Considers mind control sinful
>Sends a Cleric or Paladin to tell her off
>Bugbitch tries mind control
>No sell, powers from God yo
>Anally violated with a pollaxe

Even the lesser gods of the setting wouldn't really have an issue.

>Surprise, plants don't have nervous systems
>Surprise, angels don't have nervous systems
>Surprise, undead don't have (functioning) nervous systems
>Surprise, magical constructs don't have nervous systems

The only way she would actually pose a problem is if she came with a ready-made overpowered super-army. Then she'd be a royal pain in the ass for the lesser gods (they'd win in the end but from what I'm reading in the thread it might take a while), but Big G could still pillar-of-salt her no problem.
>>
>>52334545
Well my setting's chief god is basically Simurgh on super steroids so good fucking luck hombre.

I'm starting to think this discussion is retarded.
>>
>>52334387

>However, she has to sleep sometime, and then it's gg

There are powers for that.

Actually her brain would be turned to jelly long before sleep deprivation becomes a factor.
>>
>>52334517
She joins because her other choice is a life sentence in prison.
>>
>>52334601
Yeah. Especially because one side is just retardedly powerful and the other keeps spouting "but MY setting's god is ultra special and immune to everything".
>>
>>52334601
>I'm starting to think this discussion is retarded.

You catch on quickly.
>>
>>52334601
Honestly most "MY OVERPOWERED GOD CAN BEAT UP YOURS" discussions are.
>>
>>52334601
Worm powerlevel discussions are ALWAYS retarded, no matter what.

One time, there was a [Worm Character] vs Saitama argument. Fucking Wildbow himself stepped in and said 'Saitama, no debate to be had here'.

His own fucking fanbase started arguing with him.
>>
>>52334674
Oh.

Oh no.
>>
>>52334674
Well, the fuck do you expect from Reddit?
>>
>>52334456
>becomes a powerlevel wank
becomes? It started as it
>>
>>52334744
Worm is one of those stories that has all the little ingredients needed to form a fandom of hyper-autistic, belligerent fuckwits.

Those same traits also mean the fanfiction scene is extremely active, which is nice if you're into that kind of thing.
>>
>>52334338
I agree, all settings must be filled with grimlieness and ambiguity and all characters must be snarky assholes and rapists, because everyone has to share in the moral outrage that Jenny never shared her fruitcup with me in second grade, that bitch.
>>
>>52334674
desu this is because worm got a lot of readers from mister basilisk hater and his munchkin "wtf is a character arc" fans

let's talk about rare worm waifus. string theory a best
>>
>>52334803
Why doesn't she have any fanart, this is criminal.
>>
File: IMG_3410.jpg (113KB, 800x915px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3410.jpg
113KB, 800x915px
>>52334803
Parian is the best
>>
>>52334870
Huh, it appears i spoke too soon.
>>
>>52334803
Gonna be honest, I wish I could protect Taylor's smile.
>>
>>52334333
Rocks fall, she dies anyway.
>>
>>52333534
>>52333822
>>52333901

So all im getting here is that worm is utter garbage to the point that the lesson is "Multiversal eldritch horror level mindrape is okay because i wrote in a character that says im right."

I mean, dimension hoppers, precogs and oracles (who are apparently accurate) open upp all the information and powers of the multiverse (which make both infinite) and the only iteration of all these infinite ones the author could make up was one to wank over how the main character made such a sacrifice for everyone by mindraping an infinite number of people that she's basically superjesus.

Two wrongs dont make a right, this isnt a lesser wrong, it's literally infinite in its wrongness and the author had to write in a character that tells the reader

>>52334160

And it clearly fails because the author doesn't even begin to consider the scale of his own premise.

Furthermore the previous posts make it seem like the lesson here was that she's an actual hero for doing this because of the character that says there was no other way. Woe is she for the burden she had to bear, except you know for the part where she only committed an infinite crime against the multiverse for expediency rather than necessity.

She's a garbage hero, and the author is a hack.

>>52332253

This guy had it ages ago and you shoulda listened, OP.

And fuck 'stat me' threads with a fucking rake.
>>
>>52334205
nignog you need to chill
it's a bug god
and the character is a girl who can control bugs
ain't hard to see why the author chose that name
>>
>>52335017
>TLDR
In summery to you. Yes, you are correct.
>>
>>52335017
What is worse? Total annihilation or slavery for one hour so you can stop the annihilator from killing everything you've ever cared and loved? If you pick the second option you're just a (insert derogatory term here).
>>
>>52335017
Precogs are basically useless against the giant golden dick and his giant wank-monsters.
>>
Wasn't the Khepri thing only "necessary" because everyone else was being a fuckwit and refusing to cooperate to take down the golden asshole?
>>
>>52334803
I would a Blasphemy. Or all three at once.
>>
>>52335080
Nobody was strong enough anyway and scion was going to run out of juice long before humanity would be wiped.
>>
>>52334803
I want to protect Vista's smile, though she's more of a daughterfu.
>>
>>52335108
Not necessarily. Scion could have kept on trucking along for the next 3,600 years.
>>
>>52335080
Yes, she decided that she was the only one that could make everyone work together so she did. Whether or not she was right is never explored.

It is entirely possible that Scion could have been defeated another way.
>>
>>52335157
In the end only like a dozen people were necessary.

Khepri wasn't one of them.
>>
>>52335061

You missed the point! The choice is the problem, the choice is why the author is retarded because its the wrong choice. It's all contrived to make her superjesus and be all woe is she for her sacrifice but here's the thing, the commited infinite mindrape for no reason.

Its a multiverse, endless.

It has clairvoyance and precognition. Which is to say somewhere, someone like 'i read the script for the fight scenes man' will know this shits coming, he'll know how to stop it, where and how to find the allies he needs and how to get to them in time. And as they say, knowing is really the entire battle cause he now just has to connect the dots and the threat vanishes no mind rape needed. It will do this because it is INFINITE, and its solutions are thus also infinite.

And before you try, there is no counter argument to this because the author opened the multiverse can of worms by adding dimension swapping. The multiverse will fix itself if there is the power to fix it within it. Someone mind raping said multiverse is irrelevant to the process and thus just a villain with no redeeming value.

She's an infinite villain and the author is garbage.

>>52335072

Clearly they aint, cause one of them can make authorial statments to justify super-jesus-girl.

Except you know he's a mouthpiece for the author excusing his own inadequacies and utter failure to challenge conventional heroics.

Now this premise wouldn't have worked without multiverse bullshit anyway. Because if the power to beat this thing is contained in the setting along with people who have the power to know of and how to use said power are also in it, they will use it and the mind rape step is superfluous and still utterly villainous.
>>
>>52328655
One asshole with an m16a2 and acog lying prone in waiting about 500 meters away could do the trick.

Unless she uses her bugs to scout that far around her. Drone strike should work, even a kebab rigged hobby one with a mortar grenade.
>>
>>52334870
well-
>>52334899
a cute! patrician taste. G Driver/10

>>52334885
good taste. pic is wrong though she's meant to be visibly iraqi. gay/10

>>52334906
solid taste. a sad girl who deserved better but made the mistake of touching you know who. not even gonna try to assign a label

>>52335088
Good Shit.

>>52335133
the brockton bay wards got massacred. aegis, clockie, kid win. she was a good field therapist and deserved better, and I hope she made it out of golden morning alive/10.
>>
>>52332612
So she's like Jesus watching everyone masturbate?
>>
>>52335513
Or. Maybe just maybe. It's entirely possible you're a conceited retard who doesn't take into account that everyone in this part of the universe wants to live instead of waiting upon an answer that most likely won't magically appear.
>>
>>52335513
The guy who told you about the precog who justified main character's mindrape spree is wrong, there was no such thing.

The author you call garbage didn't justify the mindrape in any way, quite the contrary. In the end, the person who had the idea on how to win the hopeless fight was actually one of the few that werent under Ms. Lovecraft's control, thus undermining all chance of self-justification.

You should stop enjoying your anger and bias.
>>
How long will it take you guys to realize her power isn't MIND control it's BODY control.
>>
>>52335805
That.....makes almost no difference.
The whole point of a mind is to control the body.
Without the body available to you, you can only experience.
And that's even worse. Seeing, feeling, experiencing everything, but being unable to do anything whatsoever about it.
>>
>>52335805
It doesn't change anything though, so it's an unimportant detail.
>>
>>52335852
Its not mind rape, closer to actual rape but not mind rape.
>>
In my setting, the 'gods' are higher-dimensional intelligences that are acausal and exist extratemporally and outside of all accessible universes or planes of existence, with the ability to manipulate events at all points in space and time simultaneously, according to their will. Anything you perceive of the gods in the multiverse isn't actually them: it's a kind of lower-dimensional puppet used to interact with mortals that interest them.

Since they seem to view the multiverse as a combination of an art project and a sandbox game, they'd probably just examine the probability curve to see if Khepri creates an interesting pattern over all possible universes. If she does, they'll leave her alone. If she doesn't... well, they could do anything from simply cordoning off the universe in which she mind-controls the world from all others, destroy her timeline from the moment of its conception, alter her entire lifetime so that she makes a different decision... they're limitlessly omnipotent and omniscient, so no. Nothing's ever REALLY a threat to it/them, even itself/each other.
>>
>>52336044
my gods would beat up your gods lol
>>
>>52334025
>I'm losing the argument
>Shit! Better become an antihumanist!

This is sad.
>>
So what are her stats?

so far all i've gotten is *infinite mind control portals across the multiverse and brain turning to jelly.
>>
>>52336645
-10000000 Hope
+Infinity Edge (in both the shadowrun term and in the edgey preteen 'protag' sense)
>>
>>52336645
Dude.
I already posted this.
15HP
12 AC
Medium Humanoid (Mutant?)
12 Strength
14 Constitution
12 Dexterity
20 Intelligence
20 Wisdom
10 Charisma
Skills: None
Abilities: Mind Control-15ft Range, applies to nervous system creature
Hyper Mind Awareness-Any creature controlled by this being has all abilities and knowledge of said abilities under her control.
>>
File: this kills the swarmlord.jpg (613KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
this kills the swarmlord.jpg
613KB, 1600x1600px
>>52327737
Looks like a swarm character, and no. No she can't.
>>
>>52327737

Meanwhile in mirror-wormverse

The Salvation 9 are a group of heroes that go around fighting the villains that no one else will. They partake in every Endbringer attack, and thus, have a high turnover rate.

Smack Jack: Has a unique knack for dealing with parahumans both for and against his cause. Traumatized in his youth with visions of a world far worse than to one he found himself to be living in, he vowed that no one would ever again know a world as abysmal as that, and joined and eventually led the Nine to fulfil this aim.

Scapel: Scalpel uses her powers to cure injuries, restore the dead and dying, and works with tinkers and thinkers alike to discover the true nature of powers for the betterment of mankind.

Chandelier: Chandelier fights the forces of evil with custom glass creations made from her surroundings. Though she is a perpetual nightmare in collateral damage, she means well and does her best to repair any glass structures damaged in her fights.

Flamedance: incredibly powerful pyrokinetic who can teleport through flame. Fights a daily struggle in keeping her destructive aliilties under control. Greatly aided in this by the support of Jack.
>>
>>52336945
Goddamn it.
>>
>>52327737
Barbara Streisand?
>>
File: 9000 hours in ms paint.png.jpg (51KB, 807x537px) Image search: [Google]
9000 hours in ms paint.png.jpg
51KB, 807x537px
>>52327737
You have to go back
>>
>>52327737
Dies to 155mm DPICM

would you like to try again
>>
>>52327737
The gods in my main setting is massively varied in power and location. But at the middle levels even if she had an army of tens of thousands of Scions she would get destroyed.

Let alone if she fought the creator God or the first elder races.

In most of my others she likely could get some damage in but most of the real true godlike beings would take her down unless it's the one setting I have without anything supernatural.

Worm really isn't designed to be able to handle magic shenanigans so much as typical super shenanigans. So in general she isn't going to beat many fantasy settings.
>>
>>52334803
Crane the Harmonious
>preys on young people to shape them into upstanding citizens
>VERY flexible
>fit
>>
>>52336767
>Skitter
>above average strength
>high wisdom
>average charisma
Nigga, did you even read the thing?
>>
>>52339976
Honestly I'm not really sure here how I personally would rate her wisdom score.

She is terrible at a lot of the basics of it but she is also really insightful with the people around her.
>>
>>52327737
My game takes place within a self-contained reality where even the gods (save one or two) are ignorant of the fact that they are within said self-contained universe. It's a hidden cage outside of the rest of reality (called the Outer Hell) which has devolved into a massive swirling plane of nonsense after all beings essentially became omnipotent, barred only that their effects cannot propagate through space faster than C.

Could Khepri kill the gods of the inner heaven? Maybe some of them. There is a precident for a god's nullification- they are aspect gods who derive power from aspects of reality. For example, if everyone was dead, the gods pertaining to aspects that demand life would stop existing, essentially.

Could she kill gods of the Outer Hell? No fucking way. Most of them are actually gone anyways, essentially just the epicenters of massive explosions or waves of existential nonexistence spreading across reality at the speed of light in all directions.
>>
>>52340048
>essentially just the epicenters of massive explosions or waves of existential nonexistence spreading across reality at the speed of light in all directions.

This actually reminds me of a vacuum metastability event.
>>
>>52333794
>omniscient
>as long as it's near earth
I wanna slap you so bad.
>>
>>52340108
If you want to slap him over that one. How do you feel about how everyone in fiction calls anything mildly god like Omnipotent?
>>
>>52340086
Yes, this is precisely what those are. Several gods just immediately caused these.

The outer hell is just a multiplayer server the size of everything where every single player in reality is an admin. There are lots and lots of people who just decided to crash the server. Any infinite number of possible things are occurring. Somewhere, there is at least one god who has decided that every single piece of matter in reality should be reformed into a solid block of living wasps, so there is an expanding event horizon of wasps somewhere. Welcome to space.
>>
Probably all except one.
>>
File: 1488973192069.jpg (51KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1488973192069.jpg
51KB, 500x374px
>>52338074
The heck is spacebattles? I know I can search this but I also like hearing anon's opinions
>>
>>52340131
About the same level of annoyed. Why can't people just use words correctly. It's not hard.
>>
>>52340169
A den of scum and villainy.

Though to be more serious it's a forum for a ton of underage people who like to make quests and roleplays that die within a week and terrible fanfiction.

And wank off about Scfi and big rocks.
>>52340170
>>
File: best girl.jpg (153KB, 1149x696px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
153KB, 1149x696px
>>52334803
Pic related it's not even a choice, but if it's about rare characters specifically then that qt asian psychologist that kept the Wards sane.
>>
>>52327737
Mass mind controll is nothing really hard for any of the gods to deal with, being anywhere at anytime is kinda the most basic thing they can do.

Literally her 15 seconds in summoning her superman army and then dying because she's struck by lightning.
>>
So she can mind control humans? Well, send in the elves then.
>>
She could credibly threaten the weaker demigods; but any major god could will her death as a passing thought and she keels over.
>>
Exarchs reset time and erase her from timeline, proceed as normal.
>>
>>52333515
John Wick?
>>
>>52327823
Very interesting take 'non. What was the process behind that idea.
>>
Worm is OK but you all over-rate it way, way too much.

Stop jacking off over it.
>>
Tfw players killed all of my gods.
>>
>>52335513
So your argument is "Someone, somewhere in the multiverse will know what needs to be done"? But weren't you the one earlier in the thread saying "Just because someone says it was the only way doesn't make it the right way"? >>52335017
Or is your malfunction just that you think there was a better way to defeat the fictional character? As this is /tg/, I trust I don't have to explain how you forcing your opinion on another's setting is stupid. Rule zero, honky.
>>
>>52327737
>basic human
>kill gods
No, she loses her powers and sent to some purgatory to repent
>>
File: Simurgh.jpg (395KB, 850x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Simurgh.jpg
395KB, 850x1081px
>>52341698
/tg/ mostly shits on Worm anyway, I don't see anyone in this thread that makes much of an effort to defend it.
The fans around here usually are self aware enough to be aware of its flaws.
>>
>>52341998
I'd defend it to the death but too lazy.
>>
>>52336945
I'd read that fic.
>>
>>52341599
Well, The notion that reality is surrounded by a realm that represents, or at least is affected by the collective unconscious of every living being, akin to the Warp on Warhammer, or the Fade in Dragon Age, or the Idea World of Plato, always held a great appeal to me.

But when organizing my cosmology, I decided that they should be an outer layer, a starting point for both the material world and the immaterial world (Called Matera and Ethera in world by the arcanists and people who studied that.)

I was also readying on the world of physics (for fun, i'm no professional physicist), and about how there are basically 4 fields of basic energy who through their interactions with particles and each other create all the forces that arrange the universe. And I thought that was a pretty interesting take on the 4 elements.

So what ocurred to me is to add a fifth field, that is associated with the influence of thought and emotion. Almost like a 'soul' field. This field allowed the emergerences of bridges connecting the realm of Ethera to Matera, allowing thought to influence forces in reality, and allowing magic to happen. It also allowed conscience to emerge into things that usually didn't had a self/an ego, such as desire, greed. This created 'demons' and 'angels'. The same things really, but basically whenever a emotion became big enough to acquire 'gravity' in the Ethera and drawn enough random pieces of conscience to form it's own. Then it began behaving like a creature.

The same process happened to the 5 basic fields that composed reality. Conscience drifted into them. They are still distant and uncaring. Not cruel but not benevolent. They act more like the ultimate judges, Gods above the 'gods'. The gods people usually pray too, and the ones that talk to them back and ordain clerics, are Angels and Demons formed in the Ethera that existed long enough, and gathered influence enough to be noteworthy. This gods not always know about the 5 above all...
>>
>>52327737
My setting is based on Mars 3000 CE

The primary religions are Buddhism and some weird Catholic Orthodox Judaism blend.

The gods, as metaphorical constructs of dying religions, could not beat the full hive mind thingy. They are literally one massed mind-control away from ceasing to exist altogether.

However the Gods, as actual physical entities that created the universe, humanity and free will?
Religion and Mythology is full of those that thought themselves equal among the gods and were made humble.
>>
>>52342381
...Except when there's any major attempt to destroy all thinking like, or dominate it. Because those could upset the balance between Ethera and Matera and lead to cataclysmic consequences.

Recently in the story of the setting, a major monotheistic religion began accusing all other gods to be false gods, evil spirits deceiving people. They grew in numbers and so many people believe in this faith, that they actually created a massively powerful echo in the Ethera that behaves exactly like they expect their god to behave, including a safe haven for departed souls, an afterlife. Souls are just the collective of a persons feelings, thoughts, memories. Once the person dies and nothing holds it together, it undo itself on the Ethera, memories change or are eaten by entities there, feelings are pulled by the 'gravity' of the desires and instincts that created them, etc. Some people whoever, are remembered so strongly by others that they persist in there, held together by memory. Often changed, shifted, to become what others believe they were.

It's the reason sometimes ghosts of heroes of the past can be seem over the battlefield. Or why houses are haunted. The belief in it creates it as much as what originally sparked the belief. If everyone one day ceased to believe a given house was haunted, the 'ghosts' there would be allowed to finally dissolve into the Ethera.
>>
>>52342387
Issit possible that humanity, and all living creatures, simply lack the sensorial organs to detect the presence of divinity, but that the presence of divinity itself exist and we are just not equipped to even begin guessing what shape or form it takes?
>>
>>52327737
Str 11
Dex 12
Con 18
Int 16
Wis 9
Cha 14

Silk suit Armour Bonus: 11
>>
>>52342454
If it can't be detected it doesn't exist.
>>
>>52342665
No way she'd have that much charisma, she was shit at dealing with people if it wasn't about intimidation using her powers.
>>
>>52342670
So Radiation didn't exist up until the invention of geiger counters, when it suddenly came into being?

Or all exoplanets didn't exist until we discover high power laser telescopes?
>>
>>52335513
Scion's clairvoyance isn't perfect. It allows the user to find a path toward a goal, it requires you to know what your goal is. Scion couldn't find wifey, he used his power to get to wifey. Scion was fighting Eidolon so he found a way to beat him. Scion had no goal at the end of the battle, he didn't use his power because he didn't want to win, he was just mad. There was no real point to surviving, no goal worth taking a path toward. When the humans won it was because they made Scion realise he was better off dead, not because he couldn't destroy them.

Claiming that the author was pushing the idea that the ends justify the means is up to interpretation at best.
>>
>>52342756
>intimidate people into agreeing with you
>not high charisma

Smh
>>
>>52342792
Radiation could be detected and exoplanets could be detected, they just needed to build the right instruments. If you meant we just haven't build the correct instruments for discovering gods then I stand corrected, but an entity which has no discernible effect on reality might as well not exist.
>>
>>52342825
She was intimidating because she talked to people as they were being swarmed by her insects while she threatened to use her Black Widows if they do any funny stuff.

Without her powers she's nothing more than an unattractive looking skinny teenage girl, neither charismatic nor intimidating.
>>
>>52342756
Charmed the girl who hates humans, charmed the girl who knew she was intending on betraying her, charmed the black guy into giving her the D, charmed the black girl to like her more than black guys new GF, charmed the serial rapist. None but the clairvoyant knew she was trying to set them up. You telling me you don't need to use charisma to join and befriend a gang.
>>
>>52342903
>humans are rational actors
Why would anyone ever use charisma to threaten people if it was just based on whether the character had sufficient forces at their side to warrant being scared of them?
>>
>>52342905
>charmed the girl who knew she was intending on betraying her
To be fair that was just Lisa taking pity in Taylor instead of her being convinced by Taylor's way with words that they should be friends.
Also she hardly became friends with Regent, she said so herself near the end that she never got as close to him as to the others.

But still, you have a point with the other ones.
>>
File: taylorDress3.jpg (141KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
taylorDress3.jpg
141KB, 600x850px
>>52327737
>You sex Khepri.
>She takes control of an eight of the world population for your harem.

Shit man. I have now a world population fetish.
>>
>>52342999
Fascinating.
>>
>>52342987
Maybe I was projecting, but it seemed like part of why Regent fucked with Shadow Stalker was for payback for what she did to Skitter.
>>
>>52343101
...that was the entire reason you dingus
>>
>>52327737
Body Control: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 20 (Dazed, Compelled, Controlled), Resisted and Overcome by Will, Extra: Quirk (stop working after 15 ft), Multiattack, Permanent, Subtle, Innate, Linked Mind Reading 2, Extra: Sensory Link, Subtle.
>>
>>52343040
Thank you mate.

I don't think she would really do it, though, she seems to have a mean justice streak. Maybe if I convinced her to go to an useless dimension for a vacation, or something.

Even if only on the scale of a small town it would still be cool tho.
>>
>>52332145
It actually is afaik. Wildbow is working on touching it up for publication.
>>
>>52327737
Except she never killed Scion. She just bullied Goldfag until he kys
>>
>>52327737
We are playing Nobilis, so most likely she can get soloed by someone like the sovereign dominus of Blankets or something.

At the very best the plethora of supers would count as Wondrous, making a miraculous-tier Power just solo them unless they are extremely stupid.
>>
>>52343818
m-my gods can't be bullied!
>>
>>52334803
Tattletale is a manipulative bitch, but I love her anyway.

Imp gets better as she learns more and more from the best Undersider, but still not the same level as him.
>>
Honestly the premise of this is stupid because of how Khepri required that entire sequence of events and factors to get her powerlevel, and the power level scion operated at.

Is it weird that I found Trickster in his P.O.V arc to be way more sympathetic a protagonist than mid-to-late game Taylor? He just loved his girlfriend and wanted to look out for her.
>>
>>52327737
Here are two of mine. Keep in mind, these are reality-breaking beings that aren't really meant to fight anything but other gods.

>The Deceiver AKA
"I betrayed my brethren to give you freedom, and you used that opportunity to enslave your fellows. Consider it revoked."

Assuming she managed to catch him 100% off-guard, with no opportunity for planning, it'd still be virtually impossible for her to win. His arsenal lies in illusion, misdirection, and precision. It's hard to hit something that can become, if not invisible (factoring in her supernatural senses), then at the very least confusing, appearing to be more of an incoherent mass of movement than anything else. Add onto this the fact that he will, the entire time, be creating clones, which will also be creating clones, and all of these will be using copies of his guns, which are loaded with supernaturally enhanced ammunition. Oh, and they will all be doing the same physics-defying movement bullshit The Deceiver will. Granted if she can hit any of them solidly enough to kill a normal human being, then POP they go. Still, she has to hit them first.

>The Huntress
"Take the alpha, and the horde is broken. Still, good sport."

Again, assuming Khepri managed to catch the world's greatest huntress completely unprepared, this would be a hard fight. Possible, but hard. Being the best shot in this world and the next, she'd probably call the Hunt (a bunch of people who have sworn an oath to serve her for eternity - mostly incorporeal, but let's assume her minions could hit them) to cut a swathe through Khepri's army so the Huntress could get a shot off. Now, here's the question - could Khepri both perceive The Huntress taking aim and react faster than a bullet can reach her head from a mile away? If so, then she might be able to last long enough for her horde to deal with the Hunt. However, at that point the Huntress would stop caring about collateral damage and start killing the minions. It's hard to say.
>>
>>52345271
I always get a kick out of how she won by convincing him to suicide. She couldn't stop a crippled alien with all her power ups.
>>
File: The Travelers.jpg (58KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
The Travelers.jpg
58KB, 720x960px
>>52345271
I wouldn't say I found him more sympathetic but he definitely wasn't as bad as readers usually make him out to be, I feel similar about Cody just the Travellers in general.

They were in a shitty situation for reasons completely out of their control and on top of that also Simurgh bombed, they were doomed from the beginning to fail spectacularly somehwere along the way.
Them being shitty people doing shitty things was more tragic than a reason to hate them.
>>
>>52346270
I like to think it's a callback to the fact that Scion's whole rampage started because Jack convinced Scion to do it.

Jack and Taylor are alike in a ton of ways, and I think it's just one more parallel.
>>
>>52346328
Fucking Cody though was a shitbag even before he got Simurgh'd
>>
File: nope 8I.jpg (54KB, 667x470px) Image search: [Google]
nope 8I.jpg
54KB, 667x470px
>>52327737
>>
File: 3xZGkPa[1].png (267KB, 849x587px) Image search: [Google]
3xZGkPa[1].png
267KB, 849x587px
Should i?
>>
>>52347576
He, there are worse stories out their honestly. Worm is really a solid 7/10, nothing amazing but good enough, and I feel anyone can enjoy it as long as they don't get too serious about the whole thing
>>
>>52347576
Worm is kind of more like a bizarro version of stereotypical YA stories though,
The teenage protagonist that describes herself as ugly because of low self esteem is actually a genuinely unattractive person
The group of people she befriends aren't just some cool and hip counter-cultural punks but straight up murderers and rapists
The cute boy she immediately gets a crush on rejects her at the first opportunity (and they only get together later because of depressing circumstances with no happy end)
The supposedly evil powers that be actually had a point, they did some incredibly fucked up shit but the entire human race was on the line

Granted the whole thing about bullying was pretty YA
>>
>>52347802
To be fair, bullying in YA mostly exists because girls are damned horrible to each other. Seriously, when girls busy then girls, they can easily get a thousand times worse than dudes bullying eachother
>>
File: Leviathan.jpg (208KB, 778x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan.jpg
208KB, 778x1027px
>>52347802
And the Travellers arc is a realistic version of those Young Adult "group of teenage friends get transported to a fantasy world and have tons of fun and adventures" stories.

I mean they were an e-sports team for gods sake, I refuse to believe it's not intentional that their backstory was such a stereotypical living-the-dream teenage escapist fantasy.

How old were they supposed to be anyway? I always had the feeling they were in their early twenties but I don't think it was ever mentioned, they could have been just as old as the Undersiders.
>>
>>52349235
They were still in high-school. Trickster got fussed over by his mother at the beginning of the arc.
>>
>>52347576

A criticism of Worm that I’ve heard before, (and disagree with), is that it constantly escalates with little to no breaks in the tension. Aside from a few happy moments in the earlier sections, it all just kind of goes to hell. And keeps descending. After the Leviathan attack (not that things were that happy before) things just keep getting progressively worse and there’s little to no relief, barring the end. And even THAT comes with its own baggage and hangups. It’s less of a “Happily Ever After” and more of a “Humanity can finally claim the stars but we`re still falling apart...yay?” sort of vibe.

I myself didn't even realize how "grimdark" Worm was while reading it until afterward when someone mentioned it and I thought back on the story. Taylor is such a strong personanity and such an oddly optimistic character, even when she doesn't seem to be, that I never have time to wallow in the darkness of it all.
>>
>>52349403
I thought he was fussed over because it was christmas and she instead wanted him to stay with the family.
He managed to convince her to let him go by saying that he and his team potentially got a deal for a sponsorship.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/579779/age-esports-games-players/
Average age for professional gamers seems to be the mid twenties.

But then again it's Earth Aleph, anything could be possible in that crazy bizarro world.
Now that I think about it could be just as likely that they were just going to play in a tournament for a sponsorship (it's been a long time since I've read it so I could be wrong) which they could definitely do even if they were teenagers.
They were playing in a flat that belonged to one of them so maybe they were fresh out of highschool so 18-19 maybe 20.
>>
>>52350936
Some of them may have been older than others.
>>
>>52350808
>and disagree with
I actually really like Worm but there is no way I could argue against the fact that the story way too often had a pretty insane pacing with way to little time to breath in between.

The first few arcs don't really have this problem, (and are usually considered the best because of that), but it gets pretty obvious later on that the author was paying way too much mind to the readers that were asking for the story to go faster and not slow down.
That's how that terrible time skip came to be actually, there were supposed to be way more character interactions and character development for Weaver and the Chicago Wards that got scrapped because readers were calling for faster plot developments and Wildbow didn't want to lose his readership.

How would you argue that Worm doesn't has this particular problem?
Or did you rather mean that you didn't think it was all that bad?
>>
File: IMG_0440.jpg (186KB, 1024x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0440.jpg
186KB, 1024x788px
>>52351186
The later.

The timeskip is the worst section of the book. Everything from Alexandria dying to the stuff going up to the pre-behemoth battle is a mess but at least it's a....above averagely written mess that only stands out as badly as it does because the stuff before it was so much better.

stuff gets back onto the rollercoaster of escalation after the behemoth battle and the quality goes back up with it.
>>
>>52351186
not the same guy but there is enough down time i feel, there are portions that are nothing but taylor hanging out with the undersiders after taking over the city, or her managing the people she is in charge of that are not about fighting, or when she is getting accustomed to fighting with the wards that are just standard procedure (like that amazing chapter where she goes to a school and tells kids to try drugs and shit)

i mean when you compare worm to the pacing of pact where the story is just one guy getting repeatedly and ceasessly kicked in the balls over and over for months with literally no rest, worm seems downright peaceful.

but at the end of the day Twig is the far stronger story of the three on that regard
>>
>>52327737

Probably not.
Assuming that she brought every single -HUMAN- to fight the gods, she wouldn't have still enough power to take over more than one deity (assuming that deity isn't Zarus, in which case she's fucked beyond repair, although he would be amused).
Even assuming her powers worked on -HUMANOIDS- rather than just humans, she still wouldn't hold the candle to deal with more than a couple of deities or so.
Deities in my setting aren't unkillable, but it's nigh-impossible to do so, as they have "omnipotence" in the regards of their own domain that overrules any other kind of power.
For example, fharlanghn, the god of travel distance and horizons alone would fuck her over in a billion ways over as he would be able to alter distance and the concept of distance, including and not limited to the range of her powers.
She has no chance whatsoever to wipe them all out, but maybe one or two if she chooses her fights well.
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.