[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nu-Games workshop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_3344.jpg (26KB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3344.jpg
26KB, 270x480px
I fucking love this company again now. They're doing a fantastic job at redeeming themselves.

https://youtu.be/7dl0OtWqCa0
>>
Kek'd hard at the deep strike, and all the rest. This is gold
>>
it feels amazing tho - when i got into the hobby around a year ago this was just starting. so to me this is "Just as any other company anywhere" to the older hobbyists this must be worlds apart from the GW they were used to. i love them anyway.
>>
>>52320877
That deep strike gave me "let's fly to the castle" flashbacks.
>>
>>52320999
I started collecting during 2nd ed and started playing properly during 3rd and 4th. Things were good, but not perfect. When 5th dropped it started to take a turn for the worst and when 6th arrived I quit altogether as it was just getting too much. Bloated ruleset, expensive kits (still the case but at least you're getting good looking models inseaf of shitty finecast) and their general powerselling demeanour alienated a lot of the older players such as myself. But to now see them engage the fans as they do, release the models that they have and generally do a good job at clearing up Kirbys mess, I feel they can have all of my expendable income again.
>>
b-but, no! we are supposed to hate gw, aren't we? isn't the one constant in all of tabletop is how evil GW is? isn't it?

i'm questioning everything now...
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490252107099.jpg (33KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490252107099.jpg
33KB, 960x539px
>>52320877
The plastic thunderhawk box is what interests me.
>>
File: IMG_3478.jpg (180KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3478.jpg
180KB, 540x960px
>>52321325
They're fully embracing the memes anon
>>
Shame they still haven't a good fantasy wargame. I'd throw lots of cash at them.
>>
>>52321415
A good sign, that means they know both of those things are wanted.
>>
>>52321514
Age of Sigmar is good though. Sure its not Fantasy-tier good, but desu Fantasy was dead in the water. I fully respect them for giving it a double tap and injecting some new life into it.
>>
>>52321689
It's pretty shit ngl. The rules are ass, the gameplay is boring and the lore is awful. There isn't a lot of wargames worse than aos.
>>
>>52321710
I tespect your opinion, but the sales figures prove that you are in the minority. Whilst I agree the lore is dogshit, the rules and gameplay are anything but.
>>
>>52321710
To each their own anon. You don't like it, others do.
>>
>>52321799
Where are the sales figures even ?
>>
>>52320877
>They're doing a fantastic job at redeeming themselves.
How exactly?
>>
>>52321689
>>52321710
>>52321799
>>52321807

Play Kings of War you faggots.

Please, no one plays it :(
>>
>fantasy gets round bases
>40K gets square bases

Its like pootery.
>>
>>52321415
>This topic comes up almost as often as Sisters of Battle... so we're going to bring them back
>unlike Sisters of Battle
>>
>someone who likes aos and someone who doesn't in the same thread without a massive sperg out
It's like GW becoming less cancerous is having an effect on /tg/.
>>
>>52321415

Can't wait for weapons that aren't grav or melta to matter again. Everyone's favorite weapon to paint, plasma will be viable, and MLs and maybe even heavy bolters too.
>>
>>52321825
Have a look at games workshops profit reports since AoS was released.

>>52321828
Engaging the fan base. Creating better looking models. Actually focussing on the hobby and game aspects instead of 'WE SELL TOYS TO CHILDREN'.
>>
File: Marker Light.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Marker Light.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
>>52321861
ML? Marker Lights?
>>
>>52321825
Its a well known fact Warhammer Fantasy wasn't making much money at all compared to the other games. AoS changed that.
>>
>>52321861
Grav was a mistake.
Fuck, do I hate grav.
>>
>>52321689
>but desu Fantasy was dead in the water.
Yeah and who mostly killed it with 8th edition, prices and shitty releases?
>injecting some new life into it.
lolwut? I mean AoS is kind of straight opposite to everything what WHFB was. From something which has at least sparkle of individuality (because let's be honest there weren't a lot of settings in 80's and 90's with rennaissance humans and melnibone elves instead of Noldor) they turned into setting who tryng to catch all modern popular fantasy trends among the largest audience.
And I am sayng it as not as some kind of ultimate evil, just to prove my point that AoS is totally different.
>>
>>52321889
Seriously? I figured AoS would be flopping.
>>
File: jsHZ4n.gif (1MB, 320x136px) Image search: [Google]
jsHZ4n.gif
1MB, 320x136px
>>52321861
>Heavy Bolters
>>
>>52321909
Oh god, my Imperial Fists heavy bolters are going to be rape machines
>>
>>52321846

Finally, my marines can stand in parade formation.
>>
>>52321887
Missile Launchers. You know, that thing that shoots either a Str 8 AP 3 Heavy 1 shot or a Str 4 AP 6 blast, Heavy 1 at 48" that no one uses.
>>
>>52321874
>Have a look at games workshops profit reports since AoS was released.
2016 annual was bad, they starts fixing it after massive marines releases (Prospero, Wulffens, Deathwatch, Thousand Sons etc)
>Engaging the fan base.
How exactly?
>Creating better looking marines
fix
>Actually focussing on the hobby and game aspects
Yeah that's why rules are still shit.
Also, how they are focusing on hobby, or how it's different from Kirby?
>'WE SELL TOYS TO CHILDREN'.
That's what they are doing that's why all new releases focusing around some big box with model who looks like action figure.
>>
>>52321909

J-just you wait and see! Heavy Bolters will be the new meta!

>S1 AP- Salvo 10/15
>>
>>52321896
It wasnt selling well even before 8th. People were dropping it in favour of simpler games. I can fully understand why they did what they did. I agree the setting and lore pale in comparison. But you have to look at them as they are... a PLC. They need to make decisions that pay their shareholders, and if dropping a dying game and changing it so it sells better gets them more money that's exactly what they'll do.

Instead of being salty about it i just got on with it and played it. I still play 7th ed fantasy too, its not like they've been squatted from existence.
>>
>>52321942
Are you fucking dense?

>engaging the fanbase.
>how exactly?

Warhammer TV
Duncan
Warhammer Community
Posting regularly on social media
>>
>>52321982
I'm fairly certain regimental standard is GW sanctioned.
>>
>>52321942

They literally turned a limited edition model to a permanent release because the fans kept whining for it.
>>
>>52321982
>Warhammer TV
>Duncan
>Warhammer Community
>Posting regularly on social media
Since when usual PR became "engaging"?
>>
>>52322041
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>52322028
What model was that?
>>
>>52322041

Interactive PR by default is engaging.
>>
>>52322063

That dumb SoB shit

Sure wish they'd fuckin make the plastic Chaplain Terminator not require $200 of purchases or bring back other marine limited editions back but nope
>>
>>52322064
>Interactive
Where? They just posting news on their FB page and launch forum for that.
>>
>>52322131
I know its an overused meme at this point but are you actually autistic?
>>
>>52322222
Quints confirm, sir. The anon is autistic.
>>
>>52320877
>smashed a model they charge $50AUD just for a joke
Even games workshop knows their plastic ain't worth shit.
>>
>>52322252
>paying australian prices in the first place
You know, for 50AUD I can get a Drop Pod and a ten-man Tac squad at my LGS.
>>
>>52322222
Because I am not found anything "Interactive" in their PR on facebook?
>>
>>52322354
When you comment on something, and then games workshop relpy to said comment, thats 'interaction'. When people send questions to Duncan and he makes a video tailored to one of said questions, thats 'Interaction'.

I know you're a lonely autist who doesnt actually get to meet people but jesus christ.
>>
>>52322389
>When you comment on something, and then games workshop relpy to said comment, thats 'interaction'.
Usually it's a lie.
>When people send questions to Duncan and he makes a video tailored to one of said questions, thats 'Interaction'.
Yeah because DUncan makes video by viewers questions.
>I know you're a lonely autist who doesnt actually get to meet people but jesus christ.
Says Warhammer manchildren who thinks he is part of some elite hobby-club?
>>
>>52322354
You can ask for tips in painting, for example, and there's a good chance Duncan will answer with a youtube video.
They got together with fans and tournament organizers/players to create the Generals Handbook for AoS (If I'm not mistaken)
They have an active twitch channel to stream games, interviews with their designers and such.

It may not be perfect, but it's a huge step-up from "Here are new Space Marines, go buy that fucking plastic and deal with it."
>>
>>52322409
>Yeah because DUncan makes video by viewers questions

Haha mate, that's literally what he does. Watch one of his videos, infact the one about drybrushing space wolves. He makes that video because someone asked him to.

You're either a troll or an idiot of the highest fucking order.
>>
>>52322425
>He makes that video because someone asked him to.
>shill asks about something
>Duncan makes video about it
>look guys GW interact with us!
>>
File: Bait for the Baitgod.jpg (168KB, 1016x970px) Image search: [Google]
Bait for the Baitgod.jpg
168KB, 1016x970px
>>52322482
>>
>>52322482
>>
Does anyone here have a nice paint scheme for light grey or white buildings? Dark grey always seems to swallow up the miniatures so much and makes everything so dreary or just looks fake when you increase the lighting in your room, so I'd like to go for that "white stone and gold filligree" look and make a city on some Ultramar planet for my Nids to ravage, however I have no idea how a paint scheme would look like for that.
>>
>>52321936
Ah, sorry. I just started playing and started with Tau since a friend wanted to split the cost on a kill team box for more Space Marines. Only missiles I know are my own.
>>
>>52322499
>>52322505
>meme pictures instead of arguments
nice denial
>>
>>52322604
Mate your argument was refuted multiple times. Just because you're too autistic to understand what interaction is isn't our problem.
>>
>>52322482
You forgot your tinfoil hat
>>
>>52322617
>refuted
Where?
>our problem.
>our
Hi GW
>>
>>52322666
>thats not interaction
>interacting with the general public is interaction
>no, muh shills, muh conspiracy
>>
>>52322604
I mean, I kinda agree with the other guys mate.

>They are not interactive
They started video to help people paint, answering question on fb. FFS, given the past GW, anything would be called an interaction given the lack of communication before. Sure, it's tailored, they are a company, but it's very nice.
Serious question: What do you call "interactive" then?
> Focusing the hobby
Well instead of only giving you miniatures, they start giving you constant tips (that you can ask for specifically). They make announcement about the changes in fluff, they work with the community to put together rules.

No disrespect mate, but you really look like a bait to me
>>
>>52320877
>new deep strike rules
Holy shit I'm dieing
>>
It's a shame that the games themselves are dogshit and they are pushing the MOBA aesthetics farther and farther. At least they have funny advertisements.
>>
>>52322688
Stop answering him anon. It's Ivan, he just shitposts.
>>
>>52322711
Who's life must be that shit that they would shitpost this much?
>>
>>52321961
>It wasnt selling well even before 8th. People were dropping it in favour of simpler games. I can fully understand why they did what they did. I agree the setting and lore pale in comparison. But you have to look at them as they are... a PLC. They need to make decisions that pay their shareholders, and if dropping a dying game and changing it so it sells better gets them more money that's exactly what they'll do.
During 6th edition WHFB was over 50% of their sales. For the entirety of the edition.
>>
>>52322709
I mean, it's a bit sad to see them doing all this new PR, while still having shit games and stores being still one-man dreary caves
>>
>>52322738
God knows my dude.
>>
>>52322741
How long ago was 6th though. Thats like saying a car that was made years ago doesnt sell as well as it did back then. When they start dying they get redesigned and released in a new guise.
>>
>>52322688
>but it's very nice.
Defending company for free in internet?
>They make announcement about the changes in fluff
To push forward new overpriced boxes with triumvirates and force their larget fanbase (SM players) to restart their armies with Guillimarines release.
>they work with the community to put together rules.
You mean "we release broken and ot tested rules, please fix it for us"?
>>
>>52322709
>MOBA aesthetics
What is this even supposed to mean.
>>
>>52322812
>What is this even supposed to mean.
LoL, DotA, WoW etc.
>>
>>52322774
>How long ago was 6th though.
Two editions ago?
>>
File: 1464979226018.jpg (68KB, 883x829px) Image search: [Google]
1464979226018.jpg
68KB, 883x829px
>that one salty dude denying that gw is getting better
>>
>>52322754
Maybe their games would get better if they stopped paying their game designers minimum wage.
>>
>>52322851
So, more than 16 years ago?
>>
>>52322869
>disliking how GW turning the whole production into childrens-friendly
>U ARE SALTY
>>
>>52322874
Nope since it's still was in top-5 in NA near at 2011-2013
>>
>>52321961
>But you have to look at them as they are... a PLC.
I already consider GW a festering turd, nothing would change.
>>
>>52321855
>The Warp! It's... It's calming down, sir!
>>
>>52322711
One last time just to be sure. He does try to put arguments, and seems to not understood/agree the counter-arguments.

>>52322804
>Defending company for free in internet?
T'is not a conspiracy you know, some genuinely believe GW trying to get a stronger fan base (not constantly complaining about GW)

>To push forward new overpriced boxes with triumvirates and force their larget fanbase (SM players) to restart their armies with Guillimarines release.
For the first one, well yeah, but everything is overpriced, what did you expect (Nescafé)?
For the second, well can't say shit, I only play for fun with friends so don't really meta game much.
>You mean "we release broken and ot tested rules, please fix it for us"?
Never understood this argument. It's like the beta in video games, you don't say to the game maker, just hire more people to test it. I mean you have a more efficient method: give the player a glimpse of the game in exchange for free testing on a large scale. It's a WIN-WIN,.
Not everything is a scam you know. Testing does cost money (a freaking lot) and you can do it, for free + involve a community even more into your game. That's a no brainer (almost, ei: secrecy...).
>>
>>52323050
>He doesn't seel to understand
I sure wonder why a shitposter wouldn't understand logical arguments anon. Stop giving him (You)s you silly.
>>
>>52322874
>>52322774
I don't really understand the "whfb wasn't selling" memes. As long as there were releases it was constantly on top, and even with the horrendous 8th edition ruleset at that. If GW stopped to release anything for AoS the sales wold drop below paints as well.
>>
>>52323141
What cant you understand?

Not enough people were buying it so they changed it to a format that would sell better.
>>
>>52322842
WoW is not a MOBA, LoL and DotA are not very aesthetically similar.
>>
Who are the bigger shitposters: GW-can-do-no-wrongs OR GW-can-do-no-rights
Explain your reasoning.
>>
>>52323173
But it sold a lot, even better than 40k as long as they were still releasing new content.

It's the same for AoS. If tomorrow they stopped releasing minis it would crash and burn.
>>
>>52323050
>but everything is overpriced, what did you expect
In UK?
>It's like the beta in video games,
Not an argument, because in beta after someone found bug developer still should find it and fix it, GW just adding fan made fixes as they were their own
>It's a WIN-WIN,.
For GW, not for community (ask orks and nids players about it)
>>
>>52323178
>WoW is not a MOBA
Yes bu>>52323178
t shares same visiual design
>>
>>52323195
Both.
Extremes of all kinds are shitty viewpoints to hold, including this one.
>>
>>52323215
it's almost as if miniatures need to be differently proportioned so that they can be identified at a glance.
>>
>>52323195
I dare say the GW haters are more vocal than the GW fanboys. Pretty much everyone agrees that AoS's fluff is shit for example. I haven't seen a fanboy in along time.
>>
>>52323195
GW can do no wrong obviously. The other side is just individuals complaining about issues but GW fanbois act like their mlady has been insulted.
>>
>>52323266
GW fanboy here (i am also OP).

Whilst its fine to have different views, the GW haters havent yet give any decent arguments as to why they continue to hate GW. Of course AoS has left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths, its nothing compared to fantasy. But if you cant understand the logic behind why they did what they did, or acknowledge their recent efforts to appear more human then you're gonna have a hard time on a Pro-GW thread.
>>
>>52323204
>In UK?
Well in France, it's quite costly.

>Not an argument, because in beta after someone found bug developer still should find it and fix it, GW just adding fan made fixes as they were their own
So for you, it's different because the fan can propose a solution instead of just finding the issue. That doesn't change the fact that you're not forced to do it, and that it's both easy and free for GW to better the quality of their product in a way that would reasonably be too costly (just like paying as much tester as player in a beta (ratio wise))

>For GW, not for community (ask orks and nids players about it)
The argument is: that player can voluntarily help GW and get a better hobby (in principle) and that GW can have a humongous tester base to add to their professional one, for free.
The fact that GW is not listening to the suggestion is sad, but it's not worse than if they did not had the open test, so at worse it's a NULL-NULL at best it's a WIN-WIN, not so much to cry about.
And again I am forcing the fact that you, as a player, is not in anyway, forced to do that.

Anyway, nice talking to you, but you indeed seems to be very much angry against GW. They are a corporation, them doing things to get money is not something you should be angry at.
You should be angry if they fuck you over while doing so. And as far as I can see, them doing open test, them doing video tips, and opening canal to voice concerns can only lead to good things (or at least, not bad/worse things). So I don't understand your hate towards GW for doing those things.
So try to be more lenient, not everyone is here to get you. Again the fact that corporation are making money is not bad, it is if they fuck you over while doing so.
>>
>>52323312
>Whilst its fine to have different views, the GW haters havent yet give any decent arguments as to why they continue to hate GW
But we don't hate GW, it's just that they are lagging behind in PR and in rulesets compared to all their competitors.

It's actually a good thing that they are shitting up their fluff, their stores and their model range as well, so they are destroying their own monopoly.
>>
>>52323312
>But if you cant understand the logic behind why they did what they did
Why it should be relevant if you aren't working in GW?
>or acknowledge their recent efforts to appear more human
You mean how they refocusing on more larger audience?
>>
>>52323312
Exactly.
>>
>>52323333
>shitting up their model range

Nice quads, but are you on crack? Their models are the best they have ever been.

Bar the old metal emperors champion, he was a beast.

>>52323336
It has nothing to do with working for GW you spaz.
>>
>>52323354
>Nice quads, but are you on crack? Their models are the best they have ever been.
symmetricalnakeddwarf.jpg
>>
>>52323316
>for GW to better the quality of their product
Nope they will still allow their current game-designer to ruin armies since they don't want to spend any resources on playtesting and will use community as free whore to fix most obvious bugs, without improving their whole ruleset and game-design direction.
>that player can voluntarily help GW
Not help, do all job what GW should do.
>Anyway, nice talking to you, but you indeed seems to be very much angry against GW.
Because..?
>They are a corporation, them doing things to get money
Unlike the way hw they making them
>>
>>52323381
Your replies are making less and less sense as they go on. Go to bed Ivan.
>>
>>52323354
>It has nothing to do with working for GW you spaz.
Says who?
>>
>>52323369
Not that anon, but you can't define the litteral hundreds of sculpts that were released in the past few years by a single model.

I will agree that they have a tendency to make models too busy, Varanguards are the example of that. But the models are generally the most detailed they ever did, with loads of bitz (the new Devastator kit is unreal).
>>
>>52322252
>>52322342
As an Australian i can safely say that we get fucking screwed over by gw. Prices are pretty close to double for us. Makes me sad anons
>>
>>52323393
>Not that anon, but you can't define the litteral hundreds of sculpts that were released in the past few years by a single model.
cabbageorcdragon.png
sigmarinemegabloksdragon.gif
>>
>>52323397
Considering they did this to alot of countries with arbirtary embargo crap and giant price hikes.
Not surprised that people are pissed.

Of course then the fanbois come in with "fuckin poor fags..Mum my tendies are too hot fucking bitch!"
Argument.
>>
>>52323392
Says me, who made the statement in the first place.
>>
File: 1326935841571.jpg (59KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1326935841571.jpg
59KB, 512x512px
>>52323204
>ask orks and nids players

>best time to model Orks
>whole opponent vehicle model lines pretty much designed for lootin'
>loads o' extra gubbinzes in just about every kit
>worst time to actually PLAY Orks

Life is suffering.
>>
>>52323312
>But if you cant understand the logic behind why they did what they did, or acknowledge their recent efforts to appear more human then you're gonna have a hard time on a Pro-GW thread.
very few people try to argue that what's broken shouldn't be fixed, the most lament the fact that they attempted to fix also the parts that weren't broken, putting low quality into it too.
>>
>>52323354
>Their models are the best they have ever been.
Lad they squatted their objectively best sculpts from their model range last year (brets).
>>
>>52323452
>objectively best sculpts
>plastic brets
fffffuck no

I play brets and barely touch them aside from the mounts.
>>
>>52323312
>GW haters havent yet give any decent arguments as to why they continue to hate GW
Is the Ork Codex an argument?
>>
>>52323407
The maw-krusha? It's great, I love it actually.

I do agree that the Dravoth could have been done better, like spreading it's wing, making a better armor, but other than that I fear it's a matter of taste.
>>
>>52322547
Uluthan Grey is a great white, really light drybrush of black here and there then gives it a bit of depth/age and adds sort of dark hilights

white(grey) - black/brown wash - white(grey) layer - black drybrush
>>
>>52323486
I'll give you that one. But with the changes coming in 8th they very well may be top tier again!

Speed freaks may be viable again!
>>
>Drink your Paint Water
>>
>>52323423
Yeah alot fags tend to reply like that when we whine about how fucking expensive an already expensive game is for us. For example a tactical squad in the uk is £25 (40 aud) the same tactical squad in australia is worth £40 (65 aud). Im sure if the uks or americas prices suddenly shot up to these levels they would be throwing the tendies out the pram too.
>>
>>52323510
and lick your brushes
>>
>>52323555
Doesnt everyone do this though? No? Just me then?
>>
>>52323430
Yeah and you still not show where it's wrong
>>
>>52323505
>lets praise someone for something that didn't happen!
do you also fund videogames?
>>
>>52322884
GW stores have been day cares for a while now. Get over it.
>>
>>52323390
>I don't have an argument so I will have to resort to name calling.
>>
>>52323505
and someone else will be shit
>>
>>52323585
Actually in a slight tangent, whenever I go to my local GW or flgs, I notice the older players are generally better at socializing and the younger ones are the stereotypical nerds that have a good chance of having at least some kind of speech impediment (not all but a good number) and can tend to get more autistic with the 40k memes and stuff.
>>
>>52323438
Part of the attraction of Orks is how beautiful their models are.

Didn't someone at Forgeworld say that chaos and Orks were their favourite models to make?
>>
>>52323635
kids are awkward
adults are (usually) less so, or at least aware of how awkward they are and able to reel it in a bit
>>
>>52322869
>that one salty dude denying that gw is getting better
I mean, there's no denying it. From where they've been the last ten years, there was nowhere to go but up.
>>
File: Both.gif (941KB, 398x223px) Image search: [Google]
Both.gif
941KB, 398x223px
>>52323195
>>
>>52323510
So glad my meme caught on.
After like 9 years of trying to get one to take off.
>>
>>52323779
>kids are awkward
>adults are (usually) less so, or at least aware of how awkward they are and able to reel it in a bit
That's most of us, isn't it? I was incredibly awkward and nerdy in my early teens. So were most of my friends. But at some point you find the approach / style / coping mechanism / drug / whatever that lets you carve out a niche for yourself and be comfortable in your own skin. That's what growing up is all about.

I think that also impacts the TYPE of people you're going to see at the FLGS. I would have been mortified to be seen playing nerdgames in public when I was 14 (or, for that matter, seen in public doing just about anything). I was way too busy sucking at sports and trying to be cool and awkwardly attempting to impress girls. At that age, the guys hanging out at the hobby shop were mostly those who were so socially inept as to not even be aware of it.

As an adult, you just stop giving a fuck, and the only thing that influences whether you're going to go hang out at the FLGS is if you're interested in getting some games in. So the older population tends to be much more of an average cross section of people (who happen to like games).
>>
File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Here at Gee Dubs, we feed off the tears of people that hate our brand a little like how the golden throne is fed 1000 psykers each day.

AMA
>>
>>52323913
>Trying to launch a meme intentionally
ummmm... got a lot of free time, do ya buddy?
>>
>>52323949
You're just jealous his got picked up and yours didn't
>>
>>52323943
Funily enough, Duncan's did an AMA a few weeks ago. He's genuinely a good guy.
>>
>>52323195
I don't know who the bigger shitposters are but I think both can be pretty damaging. The do-no-wrongers are dangerous for the whole lack of criticism thing that everyone should know is bad, but the do-no-righters are like this corrupting force of negative energy that like to shit on people just for having fun.
>>
>>52323935
Spot on. There's hope for everyone.
>>
>>52322482
in·ter·act
ˌin(t)ərˈakt/
verb
act in such a way as to have an effect on another; act reciprocally.

Check mate, autist
>>
>>52322041
So what kind of evidence does this troller want?
>>
>>52322131
I've seen multiple posts and comment threads requesting feedback and suggestions. The GHB was also written in cooperation with the help of non GW writers of online community-moderated home-brews and fixes.
>>
What do you guys think of the looming changes to the rules of the game?
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/warhammer-40000-news-from-adepticon/
>>
>>52320877
Too little, too late.
I already sold every GW model I owned and left with bitter anger.
>>
>>52324421
Looking forward to it.
The moral and charge changes are interesting.
>>
>>52320877
Can somebody give me a rundown on what GW has actually DONE to earn your trust?
>>
>>52323810
This.
>>
>>52321901
It's doing really well and is approaching 40k as a share of model sales. Sigmar is huge.
>>
>>52324561
I imagine they won some people with those Genecult dudes and they now think things will be different.
>>
>>52324561
Read the thread.
>>
>>52324577
How? How is that even possible?
>>
>>52324561
we grew up and learned how to avoid being spoonfed
>>
>>52324602
>>52324587
All Im seeing is "GW stopped being so shitty a few times when people asked often enough" which is some Stockholm-syndrome reasoning.
>>
>>52324588
They release models, new rules, and auxiliary games. Not exactly hard to understand why a product they support sells. And wait until the Steam Dwarves hit the shelves, those are probably going to sell like there's no tomorrow.
>>
>>52324627
whatever makes you happy, outdated 1d4 memes follower
>>
>>52324628
Ah, if you count the auxiliary games that makes a ton of sense. The pricing on those is super reasonable.
>>
>>52321415
As a tyranid player this doesn't matter to me, as none of my weapons will have save modifiers at all.
>>
>>52324561
silly antics in front of a camera
>>
>>52324649
Hey, Im just trying to figure out of I should get my chaos army out of the basement or not.
>>
>>52324421
I think they're all changes for the better. 40k has become a bloated mess in recent years so any steps taken to streamline and focus on actual gameplay as opposed to sifting through countless books is a good thing in my eyes.
>>
>>52324679
I just realized, I havnt played against nids in so long I dont have any idea what their weapon stats are, other than bone spears or something which are like 7,3 or some shit.
>>
>>52324421
smells of aos
>>
>>52321846
WAIT IS 40K FINALLY GETTING SQUARE BASES!??!
>>
>>52324627
Over three hundred painting tutorials. A new one every day.

Regular and thorough releases of interesting content.

Advancing the story line.

Age of Sigmar is a far superior game to the shipwreck that was fantasy, it's far more easily engaged with, taught and understood too.

Mas social media engagement

Free rules.

Specialist games.

Battleforces at discount pretending to be boxed games.

Super nieche factions are back. Genestealer cults, tree spirits,

Warhammer community pushing out interesting articles on their games and showcasing modeling.
>>
>>52324627
I ought to make a pasta of this considering the amount of lazy fucks that ask this.

Better PR, more interaction with the public.
Better prices, stopped the price hike, plenty of deals to save money. The Start Collecting boxes and the new Stormcast boxing is an example of that with crazy savings.
More emphasis towards the game, trying hard to make people forget the "We are not a game company" phrase by Kirby. Restarted the Specialist games like BB, titanicus is in the making as well.
Giving fans what they want, GSC, Plastic SoB (maybe a whole range revamp soon?)
Asking for outside help to make the game better
Supporting their games outside of the shops, restarting the big events like Gamesday, Adepticon.
Restarting the WD like it used to be, an actual magazine about the hobby and stuff around it, not just a leaflet to showcase the new models.
Callbacks to the old days, like GSC, Slambo, Veridyan.
Embraced the memes.
>>
>>52324698
Ill get back in if they get rid of formations. That is my only demand.
>>
>>52324588
Its a really good game with great models.

For the first while, without points I was reluctant to swap my stuff over but after the Sylvaneth release and actually playing with points I fell in love, sold my old tomb kangs/ wanderers stuff and bought into sylv.
>>
>>52322003
It is, it's an official GW product
>>
>>52324723
>>52324726
Remember to thank your Lord and saviour Rountree
>>
>>52324726
It seems to me that they're becoming less and less of a game company on the 40k front. Its just models for the sake of models and nearly every new rules release is...questionable at best. Though I do really like their boardgames and bringing back old stuff.
>>
>>52323196
>it sold a lot, even better than 40k as long as they were still releasing new content.

Historical revisionisim
>>
>>52324805
Reverse that, because their OLD stance was that they were a model company not a games company. Now they're actually paying attention to the rules.
>>
File: descarga.jpg (9KB, 215x234px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
9KB, 215x234px
>>52324789
Apparently he's a genuinely fantastic bloke IRL as well.

A dude here met him at warhammer world and had a beer with him. Really cool guy according to that anon.
>>
>>52324827
...Are they? I agree they're changing the rules, but a ton of the new errata is really unfocused, though the same could be said for their scattershot approach to models lately.
>>
>>52324577
>and is approaching 40k as a share of model sales
Got any proofs?
>>
>>52324850
>Apparently he's a genuinely fantastic bloke IRL as well.
>my dad works in Nintendo...
>>52324827
>Now they're actually paying attention to the rules.
How exactly they are doing it while new Traitors books are pure shit comparing with Ynnari rules?
>>
>>52324730
Command Points and those Army Selection rules sound like they will rework them at least.

My guess is adding a Command Point cost to them and detachments that your army can't go over, like regular points.
>>
>>52324914
>Traitors book pure shit
Anon, Death Guard bikes are incredibly strong right now while Ynnari don't change anything for Eldar considering they already were at the absolute uncontested top anyway.
>>
>>52324723
>Age of Sigmar is a far superior
>it's far more easily engaged with, taught and understood too.
Top kek
>>
>>52324919
Im just sick and tired of having to read every single release because it fundamentally changes a faction's meta. Whatever they do I just want them to go back to big releases, spaced out so people can actually play the game rather than having 40K book club.
>>
>>52324982
Yeah, there is some cool shit in the new traitors book, but as a chaos player its like eating flavorless powercreepy gruel. Deathguard kick tons of ass, but ironically make Plague Marines totally irrelevant.

Im not that other guy btw, for clarity.
>>
>>52324982
>Anon, Death Guard bikes are incredibly strong right now
Yes, just like they were in 6th edition codex, yet still as army CSM sucks.
>>
>>52320877
They even released fluff that wasn't totally awful with Gathering Storm! Hard to believe it's the same company really. I'm afraid to hope it'll last, or dare to hope this tiny slimmer of quality will infect Black Library
>>
>>52325062
>They even released fluff that wasn't totally awful with Gathering Storm!
What exactly fluff you mean?
>>
>>52323196
LESS THAN PAINT AND GLUE ANON
>>52324914
>My dad works at Nintendo and...

Even if it's a baldfaced PR lie the fact he can carry it off in the face of a decade of bad PR is meaningful
>>
>>52325207
>LESS THAN PAINT AND GLUE ANON
>launched 8th edition
>launched event called End Times
>Gee I wonder why sales so bad
Also, any proofs?
>>52325207
>is meaningful
For business practice, not for customers and product quality
>>
>>52321263
>isn't the one constant in all of tabletop is how evil GW is?
spotted the noob :^)
>>
>>52321936
>that no one uses.
only because horde armies are not viable. same reason why heavy bolters are not a great choice without a corresponding meta
>>
>>52325753
You clearly haven't played a good horde army because you're saying stupid things that only a big dumb gay idiot would say.
>>
>>52323173
"Not selling enough" is not a precise measure nor is it the only reason a company changes a product line. GW changed Fantasy to AoS because they wanted to sell MORE, not because Fantasy was a failure. They took the gamble on seeing if giving people the apocalypse that a ton of lore hints towards would produce more sales.
Given the lack of clear stats, it remains to be seen whether it has actually achieved the goal of making more money than Fantasy, which was making money, as well as making up for the costs inherent in producing a whole big new line of miniatures and new ruleset.
>>
>>52325077
Presumably all the terrible stuff Black Library has been releasing since most of GW's main codex/campaign stuff hasn't been "totally awful" Unless you dislike Space Wolves
>>
>>52320999
>the GW they were used to
You don't know the half of it. I miss the 'old style' White Dwarves, with fluff bits, short stories, and letters to the editor. Fat Bloke and all the others.
>>
>>52324714
It's pretty bad. The most common AP value cross all weapons is 5, the "heavy" weapons are generally AP4.

There's 3 AP2 weapons in the codex, each one of those is restricted to a single unit (carnifex bio-plasma, which is worthless, exocrine bio-plasma cannon, which is worthless, haruspex grasping tongue, which is worthless.). Weapon strength is generally not greater than 6.

Even the hyper expensive, anti-vehicle gun of the Tyrannofex which is S10 is AP4 assault 2 on a BS3 unit with no special rules.

The best gun in the entire codex is S6 AP-
>>
>>52325753

No, its because small blasts are fucking shit.

Blast weapons in general are pretty ass against hordes. Weight of fire is much more efficient.
>>
File: 63562457.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
63562457.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>52324742
>Its a really good game with great models.
>a really good game with
>a really good game
>good game

"If, during your entire hero phase, you can maintain a dignified (even arrogant) composure and not smile, smirk or laugh regardless of your opponent's antics, you may re-roll all hit rolls of 1 made for models in a Dragon Host until
your next hero phase."

"You can re-roll all failed hit rolls for this unit if, before rolling the dice, you hold aloft a grail or goblet and shout 'For the Lady' in a heroic voice."

"You can re-roll any failed hit rolls when attacking with the Runefang so long as you have a bigger and more impressive moustache than your opponent."

"If you have many fewer units in your army than an opponent, you can choose to instantly win the game if your army survives for six turns."

How low are your fucking standards? Age of 7-12 players are nothing but sad.
>>
>>52328032
>no fun allowed

Go and play darklands if you want super cereal fantasy games
>>
>>52328242
>meme rules added for no reasons makes game good
>>
>>52321841
I wanna play it! Thinking of getting that 2 player kit and trying to get my friends into it
>>
>>52328242
>no points system or anything remotely close to balance
>broken meme rules
>your models literally don't matter

How can anyone defend this?
>>
>>52328368
>How can anyone defend this?
People on /tg/ have been asking this about GW shills for many years now.
>>
>>52328279
You can use other company's (Like GW's) minis if you don't like the official ones. So feel free to buy Island of Blood or whatever if you want different factions. The game itself is really good, especially with the FAQs and tournament kit as it is meant to be. It is essentially simple and fast WHFB but not in a retarded way like Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>52328368
Because I play to have fun. And I find that game fun. Sorry for liking something you dont anon, maybe you'll find happiness one day eh?
>>
>>52324577
Hahahaha fuck off.

No proof at all...
>>
>>52329461
>t. Gimp
>>
>>52320877
>Nu-
stop
>>
>>52320877
Those deep strike rules are going to need some serious FAQs.
>>
>>52329711
Indeed
>>
>>52329676
t. Nu-Anon
>>
>>52328368
>no points system
points have been official in AOS for over a year and are the reason the game took off and became mega popular overnight.

the balance is still shit though
>>
>>52328368
>quoting obsolete, years-old rules

How can anyone be this much of a slowpoke
>>
>>52328032

I know it's bait, but those rules are part of the legacy PDFs, and have all but disappeared from future releases of the same models.
>>
There is so much obvious shilling in this thread. We might as well just call this GW Employee General and be done with it.
>>
>>52334178
The rules they used to transition models from Fantasy into AoS were a really poorly veiled insult thrown at the Fantasy community. That decision alone is reason enough to tell GW to fuck themselves for the rest of their existence; it was just a really really stupid mistake that they need to apologize for.

I could certainly look past their community trust issues if they made a product that was compelling enough, but AoS and 40K certainly aren't products worth writing home about. Both games are fully attrition based single list games that don't do anything to resolve the ludicrously unbalanced matchup issues that result. If a list has more tools that take down the specific defensive mechanic the opponent's list is skewed around than their opponent, there is a good chance they will win the game if played with a modicum of competence. That matchup problem needs to be solved, but GW hasn't done anything about it. There isn't really any point playing many matchups; the game is way too deterministic based off list construction to really care about what happens in play.
>>
>>52327215
Have you opened a WD recently?
>>
>Music from battlefleet Gothic

So the GW has rights to use everything made using their IP?
>>
>>52335385
Pretty much. They have been using DoW musics for ages now.
>>
>>52324421
They are all the exact solutions to problems with 40k that I had thought of myself.

I was pleasantly surprised to find them on the same page.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-26-21-32-34.png (953KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-26-21-32-34.png
953KB, 720x1280px
>>52334178
That is factually incorrect.
>>
>>52330494
>became mega popular overnight.
>still lower than Warmachine
Nah anon, it's X-wing who mega popular
>>
>>52333732
>implying these rules have disappeared
See >>52339148
>>
>>52321799
>argumentum ad populum
Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good.
>>
>>52339452

Argumentum ad populum does not apply here because we aren't talking about something like a "common misbelief". This is hard sales data.
>>
>>52323397

I M P O R T
M
P
O
R
T
>>
>>52328032
>>52334178
>those rules are part of the legacy PDFs, and have all but disappeared from future releases of the same models.
That's right. Don't worry about those silly rules! That was just them shitting on all their former loyal customers. Nothing to worry about.
>>
>>52340781
It's the wrong term, but the right idea.
Pop Music sells well, too (thus the name). Popularity =/= quality.

GW is in business to make money. All the dyed-in-the-wool gamers from the company's early years are long gone. They've identified that the best way to make $$ was to jettison their former fanbase and cater directly to the kiddies. The sales data for AOS shows that was the right decision. The truth is there's just not that much money to be made by making a great game.

The rules GW publishes are, first and foremost, a sales tool. With regard to new rules and updates, they are always going to make the choice that results in more sales. If you're OK with that, that's fine, it's just something you as a customer should be aware of.
>>
>>52343054
The issue is, anon, your post is only true if you accept the most pessimistic outlook that can be had, which is the 4chan staple of "Everything is shit, forever, and nothing can change that".
>>
>>52322041
This is slavanon. Know him and despise him. Do not reply to his words of autism.
>>
>>52328032
>tfw started playing with 6th edition when I was 12
>tfw it was wonderfully complex, serious but fun and engaging
>tfw nowadays younglings got to deal with this shitpile of a game
It's fucking sad
>>
>doesn't allow CA to implement full mod tools like every total war game ever because they were afraid other IPs would cuck them
they are shit.
>>
>>52343307
3rd edition was out when I was 12 lol.
>>
>>52343124
>if you accept the most pessimistic outlook that can be had,
Show us any signs of better future?
>"Everything is shit, forever, and nothing can change that".
He barely use "shit" in his posts, he just saying that GW are AAA and doing business as AAA company.
>>
It's more like GW has been so shitty for so long that even half shitty stuff gets praised as being the new hotness.

Cunt-tree is still a cunt.
>>
"What about these square bases, we're not using them for anything else anymore after all."

Why do you wound us so, Gee Dubya.
>>
>>52346977
The people orchestrating GW's social media and fan communications are leagues better than what they were a few years ago, no doubt about that. But their actual rules continue to get worse and worse with every edition - or reboot, in AoS' case - that comes along.
>>
>>52328242
But these rules arnt even fun though. fucking about and shouting shit is fun but it shouldn't be part of the rules.
>>
>>52323312

I just don't trust them anymore, plain and simple. I had a HUGE skaven army that I built and painted over 10 years, I was happy to continue expanding my collection because WHFB had been around for 20+ years, I was confident it was here to stay.

Then the End times released and it looked like the game was getting a lot of new content and the story was moving forward. The game clearly wasn't dying, look at all of the fantastic models that came out during this release, new books too! wow!

And then they pulled the rug out from under me. Thanks for buying the end times books and models cunt, now playtest our shitty 40k lite, Age of Sigmar.

I tried to play it and it was fucking trash, my 300 clanrats + slaves were not a viable unit in this game.

I ended up playing Malifaux as Wyrd respects their customers a hell of a lot more than GW. I sold my Skaven army and bought a car with the funds.

As much as 40k and Bloodbowl look like fantastic games I just can't trust GW anymore. How long will it be until Bloodbowl gets swept under the rug? 40k appears to be getting a small AOS treatment which they wont fuck up because WHFB was an experiment that showed them a lot, and they wont risk their flagship game with drastic changes.

I will admit that GW's recent change of attitude is a good thing, FAQ's and actually making an effort with the community is a great thing and I'm happy for everyone who is benefiting from it.

It's just too late for me, I just can't get in to any of their games because I'm afraid they will eventually change it drastically, discontinue it or ignore it as they did with the specialist games in the early 2000's. AOS looks like it's shaping up to be something better, but it's still early days; I'm not going to play it only for them to scrap it when something goes wrong.
>>
>>52353125

Your first mistake was thinking any company that isn't a non-profit cares about you in any capacity other than your spending capacity.

Your second mistake was living a life where you drive a car that can be purchased by selling a second hand WHFB army.
>>
>>52353160
I could see him getting a decent car if he was a competent painter, he did say huge afterall. If i were to sell my collection and undercut current retail by 25%, I'd make about 15k
>>
>>52353231
So, theoretically, one could purchase 40k models, assemble and paint them, and depending on the quality turn a profit selling them?
>>
>>52320877
definitely a step in the direction but they're gonna have to do a lot more to win me back from PP and the spaniards
>>
>>52353275
Theoretically. Never pays to underestimate human laziness. Or disability. I have a color blind friend who pays me me the cost of a new jar of paint to paint his models.
>>
>>52353231

I'm a commission painter on the side, I sold the army for a lot more than retail prices. There are a lot of guys out there that will pay double the price of a model just so they don't have to paint it.
>>
>>52353160

>>Your first mistake was thinking any company that isn't a non-profit cares about you in any capacity other than your spending capacity.

I'll give you that though, I totally underestimated human decency when money is involved. A painful lesson, but valuable. I'm definitely a lot more critical of all of the miniature companies now, even Wyrd as much as I think they are decent.
>>
>>52353381

It wasn't 100% your fault, if the paying customers had acted differently, things may not have gone down the way they did.
>>
>>52339148
That is also the only example of joke rules that exist post-legacy warscrolls, besides the additional fact that that's from the Fyreslayers book, which was released in January 2016, i.e. not that long after AoS was released. Plus there's the fact that no-one who actually plays AoS will see that, due to the undeniable fact that Fyreslayers are shit.
>>
>>52321710
t. man who has never played AoS
>>
File: DISTRAKSHUN ORKIFEX.jpg (501KB, 1920x1739px) Image search: [Google]
DISTRAKSHUN ORKIFEX.jpg
501KB, 1920x1739px
>>52323438
>whole opponent models pretty much designed for lootin'
>Ork still players forced to treat all of as a bland 'Looted Wagon'
I swear, if 8E Orks get to actually LOOT vehicles and use their dakka (like we used to), I will be one extremely happy Ork player.
If GW start letting Ork players loot NON-IMPERIUM tech looking at you, smug Taufags, my wallet will scream in agony, but I won't care. I'll have a LOT more dakka to play with than before.
>>
>>52321067

Fuck I had to find that again

Man, is this even the same company??
>>
>>52354461
Clearly not...unless you're asking if GW is still the same, it might just have a new paint job.
>>
Why do people keep saying GW is turning everything into a child-friendly game? Wasn't it always like that?

I mean I was 12 when I first got into it but
>>
>>52323612
I read all of it and just want to say that you are ok. :) You'll feel better tomorrow, goodnight friend-o
Thread posts: 252
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.