[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/- horus heresy general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 55

File: image.jpg (48KB, 514x286px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 514x286px
Late Heresy Death Guard conversions edition

>READ THIS YOU FUCKS
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg!Rt5ViD7S
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/w18xkc6478jtlhx,q9kc9hlf7fw2041,vj9e7eks1a7qbud,1q8qq6rccp0cg4k,qj9hrd33qg460rd,8aqx9j3a8erqv8d,de3l5i29kn69n73/shared
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6lbhc2ofh9dh2c1/The+Horus+Heresy+2+-+Massacre.pdf

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b
>>
File: If you know what I mean.png (277KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
If you know what I mean.png
277KB, 396x396px
>>52318576
First for the VIIth
>>
Which side do fancy shoulder pads go?
>>
So how do you fluff Chaos guys as anything but "lol we worship le ebin EBIL DERK GODS Xdddd!"

The gimmick can be interesting once or twice but if they're whole schtick is just being evil...? What kind of motivations do the traitors have as they fall further to Chaos, aside from just being insane?
>>
>>52318657

Legion symbol goes on left shoulder unless they have bonding studs there. Your right, the model's left.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 584x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 584x408px
So DG get the following
> Death Guard (dual kit for normal Death Guard like pictured, and more possessed Death Guard )
> clam pack character (the guy with bone from back and the uniquely shaped plasma pistol)
> cultists
> Terminators (unknown if dual kit)
> Mortarion!
>>
>>52318576
Binary Succession When?
>>
File: IMG_3726.jpg (85KB, 405x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3726.jpg
85KB, 405x401px
OI LADZ SUMWUN GET ON DA TELLYPHONE QUIK 'N TELL DA FLASHY 'UMIE BOSS I 'ERD DAT 'ORRUS GIT IZ GUNNA BETRAY 'IM!
>>
>>52318705
>more possessed Death Guard

You mean... Plague Marines?
>>
>>52318705

These look great, but just one look at that chunky CAD design and remembering idiots actually have the penises-for-eyes to claim "modern plastic is just as detailed as resin" makes me want to murder every nigger in here.
>>
>>52318718
Now I want to read the novel where Orks try to warn the Emperor about Horus.
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 509x905px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 509x905px
>>52318705
>>
File: this is how he smiles.png (976KB, 644x730px) Image search: [Google]
this is how he smiles.png
976KB, 644x730px
>>52318576
>tfw no summary
>Nor dice rolls for that matter
I dislike you, you made Breadanon angry
>>
>>52318696
Cool, thanks. I assume that also includes any molded shoulders too, right?
>>
Primarchs Divide / Warp Deterrence when?
>>
>>52318760
>YOU SEE BEAUTY IN EVERYONE
>15 MILLION PUNTERS CANT BE WRONG
>Nurgle and Blood Bowl

GW advertising pls
>>
>>52318750
Ey, Umies, some uv yous is pretty good boyz. Don't git ta Istvaan tomorra.
>>
So apparently in 8th edition, initiative is gone and whoever charges first hits first.

Sure is awesome to have these 450 point primarchs with thunder hammers and shit that hit at initiative strike after random sgts with power fists.
>>
What would be the best source for Haywire for (solo) Legion army?
>>
>>52318849

Thanks boss
>>
>>52318865
WE HAVE SEEN NO RULES.

pls do not speculate until we see at least some hard rules and not paraphrased comments
>>
>>52318865
I'm hoping it's more of old furious charge rather than the AoS activation system. The AoS system has it's merits, but really feels weird with elves getting sucker punched by a giant or something else known for being slow
>>
>>52318865
Good thing HH won't be going to 8th.
>>
>>52318897

All I know is people are going to need a lot of power axes.
>>
>>52318865
>initiative is gone and whoever charges first hits first

You mean a charging unit gets to strike first the turn it charges in? Like it was in WHFB. After which you fight according to initiative order. And it's possible Unwieldy trumps it or merely makes you swing at initiative for the turn you charge. Just like in WHFB.
>>
File: Never Laugh at the 4 Winds.png (393KB, 1075x405px) Image search: [Google]
Never Laugh at the 4 Winds.png
393KB, 1075x405px
>>52318691
I don't know, anon, why would someone who wants to be a great warrior not wish the favor of the god of war? Why would a man who wants to be the absolute best at something not curry favor with the god of perfection?

Stop meta-gaming, most people don't have a full understanding of the Chaos gods like we do. They ascribe things like honor and pride to Khorne, they assume Nurgle doesn't love the least of bacteria as much as he does the greatest of his servants, or that Tzeentch cares at all about the outcome of plans.

By the time you understand Chaos you're too deep into it to get out. Too deep into it to even care enough to try.
>>
>>52318691
Personal goals that are furthered by the use of Chaos. They don't have to give a damn about the dark gods, the gods will make sure their servants operate according to the great game, whether they like it or not.
>>
>>52318691
Chaos can also subtly twist you. The Warrior lodges seem a pretty obvious example, they corrupted those who took part in them, at least in the case of the Sons of Horus it doesn't seem like it really engendered any real faith.

Luther is another good example. His fall seems to have been caused by a combination of regret, seeing his home world ravaged by the Imperium, and reading one too many forbidden tomes.
>>
>>52318925
>Unwieldy merely makes you fight at initiative
And on that day, every single unit of Nobz and Warbosses with Power Klaws rejoiced. Because WS4/5/6 4/5 S9/10 AP2 attacks on the charge each is glorious.
>>
>>52318916
>power axes
>not melta bombs, PFs, and chainfists

Think big
>>
File: drop.jpg (56KB, 564x413px) Image search: [Google]
drop.jpg
56KB, 564x413px
When are we getting proper transports for the Legions?
>>
>>52318925
>>52318901

Shhhh. Let them rage.
>>
>>52318983
>initiative 2
>>
>>52319012
Nobz are I3 and Warbosses are I4.
>>
>>52318983
>get to strike at Initiative
>I2
>glorious
>>
Time to start rebasing your minis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dl0OtWqCa0
>>
>>52318695
>>52318695

Jesus look at the salt just because someone made a low to medium effort thread quicker.
>>
>>52319012
>>52319042
Only regular Boyz and Grots are I2. Nobz are I3, and Warbosses are I4, which means that while the Nobz will still be striking last against MEQ, they'll wreck anything else with I3, and the Warboss will destroy anything with I4 or less that he runs at.
>>
File: Punished Guilliman.png (1MB, 850x860px) Image search: [Google]
Punished Guilliman.png
1MB, 850x860px
>>52318796
I've made too many grimdark songwritings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzgI6xJEH0

When Ruinstorms divide, a song about Guilliman when he realizes Terra has not yet fallen.

>Flowers of Calth
>Cover fields flowing in dead geneseed
>And all the hearts once new, old and shattered now
>Brothers can kill, sons will die
>Give me wings to fly
>Fleeing this world so cold
>I just wonder why

>Skallathrax
>Now my words, are frosted with every breath
>Still the hate burns wild, growing inside these hearts
>When the warp changes course when the stars align
>I will reach out to (You) and leave Macragge behind
>When Ruinstorms divide

>When Ruinstorms divide
>I will see the choices within my hands
>How can we ever protect and fight with our tiny souls
>Let me shine like the sun through this treachery
>Do you feel the storm approach as Horus draws near

>When Ruinstorms divide
>Time will come to softly lay me down
>Then I can see your face that I long to see
>And for you, only you I would give anything
>Leaving a trace for Lion to find a way

>When Ruinstorms divide

>I will dive into the fire
>Spilling the blood of the Warmaster
>The very last time
>My name scorched into Terra!

>When Ruinstorms divide
>I will see the choices within my hands
>How can we ever protect and fight with our tiny souls
>Let me shine like the sun through this treachery
>Do you feel the storm approach as the Horus draws near

>When Ruinstorms divide
>Time will come to softly lay me down
>Then I can see your face that I long to see

>When Ruinstorms divide

>When Ruinstorms divide
>>
File: Two face.jpg (1MB, 1575x1083px) Image search: [Google]
Two face.jpg
1MB, 1575x1083px
>>52319127
>Now do you remember? Who you are? What you were meant to do? I cheated death, thanks to you. And thanks to you, I've left my mark. You have too. You've written your own history. You're your own man. I'm Emperor, and you are too. No... he's the two of us together. Where we are today, we built it. This story, this legend; it's ours. We can change the world, and with it, the future. I am you, and you are me. Carry that with you wherever you go. Thank you, my friend. From here on out... you're Emperor.
>>
File: ROP-throne-horz.jpg (159KB, 1024x725px) Image search: [Google]
ROP-throne-horz.jpg
159KB, 1024x725px
>>52319178

WHY ARE WE STILL HERE? JUST TO SUFFER?
>>
File: AGONIZINGLY ALONE.png (385KB, 1322x1462px) Image search: [Google]
AGONIZINGLY ALONE.png
385KB, 1322x1462px
>>52319178
>Thank you, my friend. From here on out... you're AGONIZINGLY ALONE
>>
File: 1329527086387.jpg (21KB, 300x314px) Image search: [Google]
1329527086387.jpg
21KB, 300x314px
>>52319058
Cheeky fags, love it.
>>
>>52319062
>low to medium effort thread
Bare minimum low.
I mean, I've been there and I stopped way before he did. I know it can be frustrating, so be understanding.
You need love to bake as well as he does.

Also, we should call dibs on threadmaking.
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 960x639px
Armour autists btfo.
>>
File: vomit chan.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
vomit chan.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>>52319361
When will the Inquisition stop their heretical hands?
>>
>>52319361
That looks fucking awesome.
>>
>>52319361
Not mixing your armor is boring as shit. Do people really have complete sets of only Mk IV in their army? Even FW decided to throw in different faceplates, shoulders, and bonding studs to make the Mk IV look less matching.
>>
>>52319058
>plastic thunderhawk.
OwO what's this?
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 768x1024px
THIS is the ideal male body. You loyalists may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
>>
>>52319379
My iron hands does have two 10-man squads of Mk 3 armor led by Mk2 sergeants. But my tactical supports and heavy weapons have mixed stuff. Some of the regular support gunners are just straight mk4, but a lot of stuff has various pieces from mks 3-5. I have excess mk3 heads and stuck those on mk4 bodies for example.. My vets are mainly mk6 with some mk5 pieces mixed in.
>>
File: glorious mkIII DG.png (6MB, 1963x1430px) Image search: [Google]
glorious mkIII DG.png
6MB, 1963x1430px
>>52319445
How have the mighty fallen...
>>
>>52319361
That face..

* waddles behind you*
Heh, nothing personal kiddo
>>
>>52318705
Cultists are a dual kit with plague zombies. You can see the two types in the same pic. The zombies are out of focus to the left.

This kit will be used by everyone for everything the way it's going.
30k - cultists militia
40k - the two normal types, plus a shitload of Blanche style conversions for INQ 28, plus hive gangs or a humans, or muties.
AoS- as normal zombies because of how old the zom kit is.
>>
>>52319491
Why does that white on the right dude look like it's pealing off, revealing grey underneath? I thought their white was the pure white of their ceramite armour.
>>
>>52319379
>equipping units with different armour patterns with different performances, tolerances and maintenance requirements

Yes, this expands logistical dong, and that ain't good.
>>
>>52319632
>Expecting a legion of hundreds of thousands in the middle of phasing out old marks of armor for new stuff and then suddenly finding themselves in the middle of a galactic war with shattered supply lines will have perfectly uniform equipment
>>
>>52319730
>Not expecting armies that have fought for hundreds of years on a galaxy wide campaign of conquest, dealt with various obstacles and problems, to be able to coordinate enough that similar armour marks would be centered around specific units to ease logistics and ensure performance and tolerances
>>
How many arm(s) have Dorn lost when he disappeared?

I'll be delighted to see him return with an eyepatch and red.... I mean yellow mechanical arm.

and he is actually Omegon
>>
>>52319762
Again, this is a time period where they are changing out equipment. Mk2 and Mk3 armor are outdated now, but the new stuff is being delivered sporadically.

During those hundreds of years of campaigning there was one kind of space marine armor, mk2 armor. Plus mk3 armor which was literally mk2 with some extra plates bolted on and so shares most of their parts. Then within a fairly short time period you had the sporadic introduction of Mk4 armor as the new standard, plus the prototyping of beakie armor as the scouting/flanking/infilitrating armor with better sensors and quieter movements.
>>
>>52319809
And how does any of that stop, say, a Marine company to allocating their resources so that all the MkIVs are given to units X, Y and Z, all the MkIIIs are for units A and B, unit 1 gets to keep their MkIIs, etc.? Why can't they take heavily damaged suits and keep them on, say, reserve units, where their faults are less prominent and move better suits to front line fighting units?
>>
>>52319863
That would be great during the great crusade when you're just going planet to planet and after each one can take some time to reorganized your supplies and perform maintenance rather than a galactic civil war where your supply chain is constantly lacking, the warmaster directly sabotaged your legion by denying new equipment, and you're scavenging the dead.
>>
>>52319916
Although, to be fair, I'm sure the ultramarines have perfect squads because of them sitting out the war in imperium secundus.
>>
>>52319916
Are you just being difficult on purpose?

Not every army was scavenging for dear life during the Heresy and even ones that did would see the benefit of not putting the barely working MkIII into a scout unit of working MkVIs. Even you can't deny that.
>>
>Death Guard trailer
>"WE ARE THE 7th LEGION!"
What the fuck?
>>
>>52319990
Of course not, specialized squads like breacher teams and seekers are different. Your average tactical squad though? You'd have to be pretty well supplied to be able to keep it uniform. And veteran squads are even more likely to have armor that's been customized and had battle damaged pieces replaced.
>>
>>52319445
Kek
>>
File: Kharn Wisdom.png (402KB, 297x676px) Image search: [Google]
Kharn Wisdom.png
402KB, 297x676px
>>52320049
From the guys who brought you FIRST CAPTAIN KHARN
Death Guard, the 7th Legion!
Rogal who?
>>
>>52320057
How is a tactical squad less likely to have the same type of armour across the board than a breacher or seeker squad?
>>
>>52320049
Again its referencing Nurgle not crusade legions.
>>
>>52320049
Don't listen to the alternative facts on the vox-web, brother Anonymous. Alexander the Son of John is spreading his conspiracies about warp dust turning the Slann into homosexuals while peddling his aqua scrubbers.
>>
>>52320089
These aren't the 40k tactical squads where you go through decades of training in other branches first. 30k tactical squads are big blocks of dudes thrown into the meatgrinder straight out of training. High recruitment rates, high turnover. The Iron Warriors do it the hardest but from what books I've read most of them do it to an extent.
>>
Reminder that with the imminent AoS'ing of 40k that there will be a huge influx of grognards to horus heresy
>>
>>52318696
If it's got bonding studs, does the symbol go opposite then?
>>
>>52320212
That doesn't answer my question.
>>
>>52319607

Ceramite is silver/ metal grey mang.
>>
>>52320262
How does it not answer your question? High turnover, high rates of battle damage, high replacement requirements, limited supplies, this is the kind of situation that saw field repairs which led to mk5 armor by taking whatever was available and bonding it together with studs.
>>
>>52319632

That was literally the entire reason Mk V exists: no logistics, so they had to patch together different shit and it was terrible.
>>
>>52320246
It's a non issue. It's their primary IP, a rules debloating will be good for the tabletop and the fluff will largely be retained as factions are broken down by the same system as AOS.

This is all conjecture, but, with the return of the primarchs we can ta least expect to an overall benefit to the community.
>>
File: CeremiteWhite.jpg (30KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
CeremiteWhite.jpg
30KB, 600x620px
>>52320269
>"The bare ivory-grey unpainted ceramite that Monarion had favoured for the Legion's powered armour became increasingly less adorned."

Sounds like DG colour is the colour of ceramite.
>>
File: not-mark-v.jpg (603KB, 1636x1815px) Image search: [Google]
not-mark-v.jpg
603KB, 1636x1815px
>>52320286
>>52320307
>le ebbin "mark five is cobbled together from other suits" may-may

Never gets old. Oh, wait...
>>
>>52320387
“Branne nodded. ‘You called it Mark VI. What happened to Mark V?’
Noriz pointed at the Raven Guard legionaries.
‘With full production not yet begun on Mars, these are the only suits available. Our companion transport has another fifteen hundred of them, on top of the five hundred we are carrying. In the absence of reliable Legion supply lines, the Mechanicum have designated all non-standard or stop-gap designs as Mark V. Many of the improvisations made by your armourium after the dropsite massacre are being passed on to other Legions in the absence of replacement parts for Mark IV. Your legionaries already have Mark V, commander.”

Excerpt From: Thorpe, Gav. “Deliverance Lost.” Black Library, 2011-10. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/us/XwRmD.l
>>
>>52320049
Chaos: Not even once.
>>
File: Iron Within, Iron Without.png (65KB, 676x1471px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Within, Iron Without.png
65KB, 676x1471px
Is it possible that I finally fixed it?
>>
File: gw-fluff-old-new.jpg (229KB, 1170x774px) Image search: [Google]
gw-fluff-old-new.jpg
229KB, 1170x774px
>>52320422
Here's MkV fluff from RT and 7e special edition Codex: SM card (2015), which is pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>52320387
>calling actual canon a meme
>>
>>52320149
>Damage control, GW style
>>
>>52320472
>one novel is canon
>everything else before and after it is not

Didn't know carnac comes here.
>>
>>52320433
Looks serviceable, your low scoring model count will make you very vulnerable to getting your scoring units shot off the board, and things with decent invulnerable or cover saves that can't be removed by barrage.
>>
>>52320495
HH novels supersedes other sources so says Laurie Goulding who was the editor of both BL and FW.
>>
>>52320249
No.

The right shoulder pad shows where in the legion the dude belongs
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490252107099.jpg (33KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490252107099.jpg
33KB, 960x539px
>>52318992
Soon enough I guess. Or maybe GW is just trolling.
>>
File: 1438000459163.jpg (113KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
1438000459163.jpg
113KB, 590x590px
>>52320481
Do you really expect traitors who hate Emperor name themselves same way they did before heresy?
>>
>>52320495
You are a special brand of retarded
>>
>>52320602
I got old and new sources from FW and GW. You got one novel and an ex-employees word that "this shit's totes legit, u guys."
>>
>>52320618
You were assuming I was arguing with you, my intended comment is that both versions are not mutually exclusive. If you actually read the passage "Many of the improvisations made by your armourium after the dropsite massacre are being passed on to other Legions in the absence of replacement parts for Mark IV." Is a direct match for the RT fluff description of it arising overnight and making use of pre-mk IV parts
>>
>>52320537
Cheers
>>
File: IMG_9841.jpg (2MB, 3015x2536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9841.jpg
2MB, 3015x2536px
Finishing up my second Knight of Hawkshroud.

So many details left...
>>
File: non-production.jpg (193KB, 800x1079px) Image search: [Google]
non-production.jpg
193KB, 800x1079px
>>52320710
The fact that you're calling "MkV is just any suit cobbled together from scraps" canon and then call me a retard for pointing out that's not the case, sort of makes me think you're against the idea of it not being any cobbled together suit.
>>
>>52320788
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?
>>
>All the £80 Horus Heresy books are now useless rules-wise.

Absolute madmen.
>>
>>52320788
You misunderstand because you seem to be looking for a fight rather than actually reading. But the idea here is similar to what has happened with the M14/M21 in real life:

Field modifications are made out of necessity > gets looked at by producer > original mods classed as "non-production new variant" > list of modifications adjusts the production template and becomes a new standard variant.

The "cobbled together" and "new production mark" are not exclusive outcomes, and in fact is what is pretty much explicitly spelled out by the salamander in your picture.

>>52320798
Is right.
>>
File: production.jpg (181KB, 866x1002px) Image search: [Google]
production.jpg
181KB, 866x1002px
>>52320798
Well, lets see. There's
>>52320286
>led to mk5 armor by taking whatever was available and bonding it together with studs
And
>>52320307
>patch together different shit and it was terrible

Both saying pretty much the same thing, MkV being cobbled together from crap.

When I (>>52320387) make fun of this old and tired meme and show examples of cobbled together suits that aren't MkV, I get >>52320472 telling me I'm calling canon a meme.

Am I comprehending this ok so far?

Then there's >>52320422, with the same old snippet from Deliverance Lost, which picks back up the idea that anything that's slapped together from other suits is a MkV (or did you not notice the "ALL non-standard or stop-gap designs" part in the text?) Which to me doesn't seem very "mutually exclusive" with other fluff, seeing that both GW and FW fluff is quite specific on what's a MkV and what's not, where as that piece claims all cobbled together suits are MkV.

So what did I get wrong?
>>
> Rubric, would you cast it to me
> With your breath so still, it makes me believe
> In the Father's sins
> Let me suffer now and never die, I'm dust
>>
>>52320873
So are you saying all M14 modifications are labeled as M21s, or that specific modifications are, which have been codified as THE M21, and everything else is outside of this?
>>
>>52320908

It's not a meme, it's been canon fluff for decades.
>>
>>52320788
>>52320908
>HUR DUR I DON'T KNOW WHAT A RETCON IS

For someone who does this much autistic research with his shitty screencaps you'd think you'd be able to do a simple google search and find out why everyone is calling mixed armor mk v

But no, I suppose high functioning autism would be too much to ask for from you fatheaded fucks
>>
>>52320966
Yet all you can produce is a snippet from a few years old novel. And to make it work you have to ignore everything else.
>>
>>52320495
>>everything else before and after it is not

Everything before it matched the novel you dumbass. It was the original canon all the way from Jes Goodwin's 2E concept art and armor through the ages explanations.
>>
>>52320994
>>52320987
>>52320985
>>52320966
>>52320945

And yet Thunder Warriors can't exist as a fighting force.

You guys suck.
>>
>>52320994
>Everything before it matched the novel you dumbass.

Oh, so how does the text on left >>52320468 go with the novel?
>>
>>52320945
In the case of the M14, there was a common pattern of field modifications made among sharpshooters and squad marksmen to allow them to do the job better, and when making the upgrade to the M21 these common modifications became incorporated as part of the design, and in some cases have resulted in modified wood-stock M14s being mistaken for 21s and vice-versa until closer inspection.

Basically the cobbled together crap is "non-production" mk V, the distictive heresy pattern is the production variant.

If you want to continue with the rifle analogy, the new helm pattern is like the shift to the synthetic stock on the m21 that removed most visual similarity (at least until the EBR program)
>>
>>52320985
It's ok, anon, you can't win everything.
>>
>>52320987
>implying that was me

I have a feeling you get told you're wrong a lot on this board, then you start flailing around and screaming something about samefags.
>>
>>52321019
>Basically the cobbled together crap is "non-production" mk V, the distictive heresy pattern is the production variant.

So why aren't >>52320387 MkVs and why are these >>52320788 very MkV looking suits labeled as "non-production" MkVs?
>>
>>52321033
Did I say it was you specifically? No. I said the only piece of fluff you got in your defence is that novel. If you got something better, do share with the class, but I have a feeling you don't and you just want to shitpost.
>>
>>52320788
>clad in a HYBRID SUIT of Legiones Astartes battle plate LATER CODIFIED AS MARK V POWER ARMOUR

Bro...
>>
>>52321066
>Yet all you can produce
>Did I say it was you specifically? No.
>Yet all you can produce
>Yet all you can
>Yet all you
>all you
>you

What did this dipshit horsecock gargler mean by this?
>>
File: 1441699978320.jpg (15KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
1441699978320.jpg
15KB, 620x350px
>Marcus Valerius saves the lives of Corax and the remaining RG on Isstvaan
>he and his men get sent to die in a hopeless battle against Horus for an important planet BECAUSE CHAOS SENT YOU THE VISIONS THAT SAVED ME /linkin park starts

Fucking primarchs man
>>
>>52321042
All of those except the iron warrior (intact) and world eater (purely cosmetic) would be classed as non-production mark V, the descriptions of each bear that out with modifications listed.
>>
>>52321042
For one, MkV explicitly doesn't contain any MkIV components, which most of those do. MkV is made from pre-MkIV components.

The other ones are non-production Mk V because they weren't produced as Mk V, they were suits with a series of modification later incorporated into Mk V but pre-date Mk V. Both of them are explicitly hybrid suits, Mk V style but with helmets from different marks.
>>
>>52321071
A hybrid suit that looks like a production MkV with MkIII helmet and pads. Where as none of >>52320387 are labeled as MkVs in any way. It's almost as if there's some basic principle beyond "just put some studs on it and call it mark five." But I sure as shit can't put my finger on it.
>>
>>52321105
It's really not that hard to understand.

There are two kinds of mk V suits. Non-production and production.

Production suits are factory-made Mk V suits which mimic the field refit stuff, using easy to find lower-quality components from pre mk IV suits of power armor, with extra reinforcements to compensate for the lower quality materials held on by studs.

If it didn't come off a production line it's non-production and one of the field refits which inspired the specifications for mk5. That's what the word fucking means.
>>
>>52321105
Perhaps because they were labeled as the original suit with modifications called out for descriptive purposes, rather than just "these are np mark v" it's like you expect writing consistency from FW or something
>>
Just curious, other than the armor itself where did the mk5 style (mk7 with studs?) helmet came from? It seems to came out from nowhere
>>
>>52321129
Yet while the novel says that "the Mechanicum have designated ALL non-standard or stop-gap designs as Mark V," none of >>52320387 are.
>>
>>52321147
From the few sources we have, seems like it was using helmet systems that were originally for a pattern of terminator helmet
>>
>>52321152
Most of those are MkIV suits with repairs. MkV EXPLICITLY does not contain any MkIV components.
>>
>>52321077
You do realize "you" can be used for an individual and a group of people, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 450x338px
>>52321152
Because FW doesn't have your level of crippling autism or any writing consistency to speak of, which fuels our ability to laugh at your flailing
>>
>>52321170
>Most

But not all, so clearly those suits with no MkIV should be MkVs under these rules.

>MkV EXPLICITLY does not contain any MkIV components.

Yet the old fluff specifically says that MkIV armour materials (thus no need to stud additional plated), cabling (no external cabling) and even helmets were used when available. Even without that, the idea of a solid plate construction was from the MkIV, where as the previous MkII and III used segmented plates.
>>
>>52321152
And where in that image does it say "btw none of these are mkv suits"

Half of them are explicitly mk III or mk IV suits, the others don't have their mks stated. Like one is literally a full suit of mk III armor that has some studs added to it because of a repair. Another is a full Mk IV suit with cosmetic changes.
>>
>>52321175
>links one specific post on an anonymous board

I-I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE OTHER GUYS T-TOO
>>
>>52321222
Yes. You're arguing that it's canon, ergo you're in the "MkV is cobbled together" camp, and that camp has so far produced one novel snippet.

If you don't want to be thrown into that lot, do share some ideas on where you stand.
>>
>>52321090
Does anyone have the story about Valerius set on Beta Garmon?
>>
>>52321279
Shit, there's a story? I just assumed he died because of the "it would be the last time Branne and Marcus would see each other" line, and Corax being an angsty moron
>>
Is it still canon that mk2 and mk3 armor can't move their heads?

My models have their heads looking in different directions as normal (and as shown on the forgeworld site) but I'm reading some stuff that the helmets are locked into position?
>>
>>52321347
yes, but only on very early suits

Even the old pewter GW mk2 and mk3 suits had some sculpts with mobility.
>>
>>52321361
>FW will never make a kit with fixed helmet MkII or III

Well, at least the GW DG kit comes with the old style MkII helmets.
>>
>>52321315
It was either an E-Short or an Audio Short. It came out Christmas Last year, the same time as the Arvida-Janus story.
>>
File: IMG_0661.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0661.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
waiting on the MKII Raptor Imperialis shoulder pad, the plasma gun came out pretty bad but its serviceable. The Thunder Hammer has sort of OK effects. I should have primed it in white first and followed up with dry brushing the colors onto it followed by more white.

Thirty three left to go!

I've ironed out a kitbash for legitimate Thunder Warriors to add to the MKIII horde. The bits should be here within a week or so.
>>
>>52321423

Found it.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/valerius.mp3.html
>>
>>52320433
>two min tac squads in rhinos
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
File: LM2000.jpg (196KB, 512x1584px) Image search: [Google]
LM2000.jpg
196KB, 512x1584px
Hello, /hhg/, can you guys help me improve my list? What should I fix?

For remaining 35pts I'll maybe spend on 3 Vexillas or Icarus Autocannon.
>>
File: IMG_9844.jpg (1MB, 2646x2244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9844.jpg
1MB, 2646x2244px
Started the weathering.
>>
>>52322193
lurking
>>
>>52322193
Wait can you use the new GW Knight stuff in 30k?
>>
>>52322363
Yup. Questoris Knights. >>52322363
>>
>>52319058
It's easy to call this bullshit because plastic Sisters were bullshit
>>
I love all the armour mixing drama. Because it does apply to me and I get to sit back and laugh.
>>
>>52320087
wasnt kharn the captain of the 8th company?
>>
>>52322956
Yeh he was. Wasn't he the most senior captain left after Angron took ownership of the legion?
>>
What 30k project would you do if you had:
> unlimited time
> unlimited funds
> flawless painting and sculpting skills
>>
>>52323276
full Legio Ignatum.
>>
>>52323276
Battle of Istvan III, no contest.
>>
Damn, I realized too late that it would haven been actually cheaper to buy actual FW model then money I've spent for conversion bitz so far.
>>
>>52323081
Also yes. But he still was never captain of the 1st company.
>>
>>52323276
Siege of Terra installation, an entire warehouse, with viewing from movable gantries, complete from bananas and masochists on the walls and titan maniples throwing down to fulgrims boys snorting civvies in the residential sections, plus a life-scale recreation of the Vengeful Spirit fight in a different building. Maybe do an animatronic Xana Incursion, with robozombie marines plowing through darkmech abominations until a certain someone riding a brass scorpion skitters in.
>>
Was Sev the First Captain by out of seniority or by actually leading the 1st company?
>>
>>52323356
Wait is there a difference between captain of the first company and First Captain?
>>
>>52323356
Wasn't he the 1st? There was no Chaos good grooming him so he didn't need to follow any kind of stupid magic number.
Hey, was Lucius the 6th Millenial champion or was Ahriman from the 9th Fellowship anything?
>>
>>52323356
He was master of the Kyroptera, so yes, first company captain, first captain of the Night Lords. For someone who led a terminator corps, his tabletop incarnation is woefully underequipped.
>>
File: image.jpg (163KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163KB, 1100x1100px
>>52323276
> unlimited sculpting skills

I'd do 20 Roman style busts of the Primarchs, Emperor, and Valdor.

Each about head about fist sized, and fully painted. No armour visible just like this pic, then I'd mount them on little black marble columns on a black display case to hang on a wall.
>>
>>52323379
Well, IIRC SoH's 1st Company had 2 captains, Abaddon being the First Captain and the other guy leading Reavers - the second guy is technically a captain of the first company.
>>
>>52322455
Is it just for Questoris lists or can Mechanicum and Legions get them too?
>>
Is Sicaran Venator too 'focused' to be include in the list? Should I look for other anti-tank options?
>>
>>52320552
They are clearly making fun here.
>>
>>52320570
>My Chaos Lord, the Flesh Tearers have arrived!
>Excellent. With their aid we shall defeat the hated loyalists
>My lord, the Flesh Tearers are the loyalists
>Really? With that name? They don't sound like the good guys. DAMNATION! Now we're two vs one, as they have the Emperor's Children on their side
>My lord, the Emperor's Children are OUR allies
>The Emperor's Children are traitors? Aren't they, you know, the EMPEROR'S?
>No sir, they use his name mocking him.
>Who else is coming?
>The Marines Malevolent, the Invaders, the Subjugators...
>Will they help us
>Sir, they're also loyalists
>GODS DAMNIT! All the good names are taken?! Don't we have good names ourselves? What about the Death Guard?
>That's what they called themselves back when they were loyalists, my lord. They're now Plague Marines. They also claim to be the Seventh Legion, a number that belongs to the Imperial Fists. But the Flawless Host is also coming
>A flawlessly codex compliant chapter?
>No sir, they're traitors too. An offshoot of the Emperor's Childr-
>FUCK!
>>
>>52323471
Abbadon was the company captain, he had sub-captains under him iirc
>>
>>52323276
Redo all the armour marks, terminators, vehicles, etc. FW designed and do them properly. Then do proper 30k Army models. Cast them all in plastic and start selling them to make the world a better place.
>>
>>52323776
Rapiers are incredible AT either Graviton or Laser Destroyers
>>
>>52320164
>homosexual Slann
As a Lizardman player I'd like to point out that homosexuality would be completely accepted by the Slann, if they cared about something as petty as sex.

Since the Lizardmen don't reproduce by fucking.
>>
>>52324186
What's Lizardmen?
>>
Okay so if there -is- production model Mark V I'd be curious to see both pics and fluff on what makes it unique.

Also, when did the extended backpack vents on chaos marine armour become a thing? What purpose do those serve?
>>
File: anvillus backpack.png (2MB, 832x1269px) Image search: [Google]
anvillus backpack.png
2MB, 832x1269px
>>52324233
>Also, when did the extended backpack vents on chaos marine armour become a thing? What purpose do those serve?
Here's the origin.
Aso for Production Mark V ->>>52320908
>>
File: production mark vee.png (1023KB, 974x850px) Image search: [Google]
production mark vee.png
1023KB, 974x850px
>>52324233
From Book 6.
>>
So did Leman Russ design the Russ pattern tank himself?
>>
File: mark-5s.jpg (544KB, 1085x782px) Image search: [Google]
mark-5s.jpg
544KB, 1085x782px
>>52324233
>>
>>52324300

>Source Unknown

So they haven't given us fluff on where production V comes from, or what makes it unique?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Chaos-Space-Marines-Squad-2016

And hell, what are these guys wearing then? I don't see bonding studs, but I do see these anvilus backpacks. They kinda just look like modified Mark 7 to be more ornate, take the Aquila away, horns on the helmet.
>>
>>52324305
No, it was just named in his honor. Like Malcador, Macharius, Land Raider, Land Speeder, Land Crawler, etc.
>>
>>52323276
Thunder warriors or a stab at some other age of strife faction like quietude.
>>
>>52324350

So basically, Maximus with a mark 6 chestplate, straps and studs everywhere?
>>
>>52324354
>So they haven't given us fluff on where production V comes from

Where do all the other marks come from?

>what makes it unique?

Have you not read anything about it? Or looked at any of the models or art of it?

What makes the MkII or IV unique?
>>
>>52324368
>>52324305
However, the Baal predator was actually designed by the planet Baal.
>>
>>52324305

Yeah, as far as I recall he found a stockpile of dark age of technology tractors, realised how sturdy a chassis they were and ordered the Mechanicus to bolt on turrets and sponsors.
>>
>>52324298
never occured to me the vents on the powerpacks would be enough thrust for movement in zero gravity. Makes sense.
>>
>>52324382
>Maximus

Except the torso doesn't have the heavy plate on it, the cables don't wrap all the way to the back, the helmet is different, the pads don't have rims, different backpack, different knee pads, different vambraces, extra plates on the greaves and helmet, etc. etc.

>straps

MkII/III power cabling that doesn't fit under the plates.

>studs

To bond extra armour onto the suit.
>>
>>52324397
Baal isn't a person. Also, by "designed" do you mean "found the STC for it"?
>>
>>52324390

>What makes the MkII or IV unique?

Mark II is the first true space marine armour, void sealed and fully powered.

Mark IV was the first major overhaul, Mark III being more a specialised variant than a straight upgrade. Though later marks incorporate some new advances to sensors and such, Mark IV is notable for having been made under quality over quantity conditions until the heresy buggered that up. As such, each suit was made with more individual care.
>>
>>52324401
They've always been thrusters. In the old days they could fly with them.
>>
>>52324429
And MkV is the workhorse suit of the Heresy, the Grease Gun that's cheap and a bit crap, but does it job and does it well enough. It didn't fill any other role than being cheap, easy to make and easy to repair, and a way to fill the ranks with power armoured troops. Hence why after the Heresy it saw little action, because better suits were available, now that you didn't have to fight a galactic civil war.
>>
>>52324422

Archmagos Steven Baal-Predator.
>>
>>52324449

Right, but what distinguishes -production- Mark V when the vast majority of fluff focuses on field-make cobbled Mark V?
>>
Did Blood Angels have a pre-primarch color scheme or name? Is this going to be an Angelus thing?
>>
>>52324480
>what distinguishes -production- Mark V

See >>52324414, >>52324350, >>52320908, and >>52320788.

>when the vast majority of fluff focuses on field-make cobbled Mark V?

It does? Because all the models and stuff I see are pretty clearly production MkVs. Even the non-production ones adhere to some of the MkV aspects.
>>
File: Land's Monkey.jpg (162KB, 1024x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Land's Monkey.jpg
162KB, 1024x1061px
>>52324422
>Baal isn't a person.
Lucius is a marine yet he's also a Forgeworld at the same time :^)
>Found the STC
Land found the STC for anti-grav plates, and designed the Speeder around those. He did not find the STC for the completed Speeder itself.
And considering his original version of the Land's Raider was closer to a Grav Land's Spartan, he wasn't the only one involved in the project either.
>>
>>52324517

None of the posts you just linked explain a damn thing about Production V.

Compare to such fluff as:

"Yo here's your Mark VI shipment"

"What happened to Mark V?"

"That's the crap you cobbled on your own bro."
>>
Guys guys, all Mark V is cobbled together. The difference is just how the cobbling works.

"Production" Mark V is a standard pattern designed around quickly making new suits from readily available materials with strained supply lines and potentially sub-ideal working conditions.

"Non-Production" Mark V is making Mark V suits to roughly the template out of recycled parts from battlefield salvage.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
My Custodes conversion WIP.

The paints thick as fuck and its still wet from wash hence the glossy looking parts.
>>
>>52324552
Production >>52320908
Non-Production >>52320788

There. That's as simple as I can make it.

>Compare to such fluff as:

Yeah, that's one dude who didn't know. Doesn't prove much, other than he wore a piece of shit suit that, according to the novel, got designated retroactively, along with all the other cobbled together suits, as MkV. Meanwhile you got fluff like >>52320468, which doesn't mention anything about random suits getting designated MkV retroactively.

What exactly is it that you want to know, because I can't tell you more than has been said in the fluff.
>>
>>52324637
Where's that dick shield came from?
>>
>>52324653

Never mind, this guy actually explained it;

>>52324634

Instead of just linking back to older posts with pictures of suits and pretending that explained jack shit.
>>
>>52324668
custodes shoulder pad
>>
File: IMG_2500.jpg (83KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2500.jpg
83KB, 600x620px
Is this mk5 as well then?
>>
>>52324685
>I can't read or look at pictures
>explain to me
>no, I will not specify what I don't get about it, I'll just demand to be spoonfed without lifting a finger

I'm sure you'll make good friends here.
>>
>>52324637

I think I might throw up.

I mean yeah, okay: You clearly had an unbuilt Calth Contemptor and Custodes spare parts and thought to yourself "Hey I'll just buy a librarian dread and save myself £20", but the end result is you've replaced a work of art model with a cobbled mess that might work for some armies, but definitely ain't a good fit for the precise, master-crafted Custodes.
>>
>>52324695
Everything's Mark 5, if you think about it hard enough.
>>
>>52324695
Looks like modified MK III Maximus to me :^)
>>
>>52318718
>>52318750
DIS IS JEENIUS BOSS
>>
>>52324727

Buddy, I'd already read all those old posts. If you couldn't work out my plain as day, repeatedly reworded confusion that's on your reading comprehension.
>>
File: DG upgrade bits.png (2MB, 1044x1088px) Image search: [Google]
DG upgrade bits.png
2MB, 1044x1088px
>>52324695
I don't see studded crotches, so I wouldn't call it MkV
Rather, legions are KNOWN for using their own local and artificer-made versions of power armour. Just look at FW's range of legion kits. Look at Reavers, look at Sarum helmets, look at the UM's eagles and look at pic related
>>
>>52324772
He's not your buddy, pal
>>
>>52324772
Your confusion was plain as day, what you were confused about was not, since you just dismissed all the material given and kept going "I don't get it." A little articulation wouldn't hurt to understand what you have trouble understanding. If two images that show you a production and non-production MkV and text on how they are different doesn't do it, try and explain a little more clearly what the confusion is about.
>>
>>52324552

Its fairly simple actually, the Initial Mk V is what the legions make themselves when they start running out of spares, between these home made suits there is a large variety of parts used, the way it looks, etc, etc etc, and as such, is not really a standard pattern, although most legions would, in due time, come to the same arrangement of parts.

Production mk V is essentially when the Mechanicum starts to run out of materials, and design a new suit, which aims to reduce the reliance on hard to get materials, and making mass production easier. This is the famous pattern with the studs. And is relatively uniform across the galaxy, either because the Mechanicum has given out the design, or through concurrent evolution.
>>
>>52319800
No, he's going to come back with Ferrus Manus' arm attached.
>>
>>52324857
>Dorn's body
>Ferrus Hand's manus
>Vulkan's hammer
>Jaghatai's bike
>Corax' Jump Pack
>Sanguinius' Hair
>Russ' lack of facial hair despite being a wolf
He'll be a Chymeriae Primarch
>>
Has anyone seen 30k death Guard that use all Death Guard Forest (the colour of the 40k guys, and the 30k shoulders)?

Kind of like how the SoH reavers are all black, and the World Eaters going half Red.
>>
>>52324935
No eye of Horus?
>>
>>52319058
Cheeky
motherfucking
cunts
TEN OUT OF FUCKING 10
>>
>>52323776

Sicaran venators are so focused as to be nearly auto include in all lists if you own one
>>
>>52324935
Versus...
>Horus's body
>Fulgrim's legs
>Angron's axe (the other one, not the one Kharn has)
>Alpharius's spear
>Magnus's eye
>Pertuarbo's bitterness
>Mortarion's dignity (as stolen by Draigo)
>Lorgar's psychic powers
>Curze's hair
>>
>>52323776
>Is Sicaran Venator too 'focused'
Well, its weapon doesn't have the Blast special rule.
>>
>>52323609

Legions and Mechanicum can have them as lords of war or as allies if you have more than 1.
>>
>>52322174
It's pretty strong, but it doesn't seem OP against certain enemy builds. How will it deal with tarpits, AV14, or S7 spam?

>>52324935
>>Ferrus Hand's manus
Kek.

>Dorn's body
I hope the non-inclusion of "Dorn's brain" wasn't an intentional slight...

>Russ' lack of facial hair despite being a wolf
Double heresy.
>>
>>52325109
>Curze's hair
I'd prefer his intelligence, nihilism, and wicked sense of humor.
>>
File: shrug.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>52325137
>I hope the non-inclusion of "Dorn's brain" wasn't an intentional slight...
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n8bo3mHhHM1rq5fwu.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n8bo3mHhHM1rq5fwu.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>52325150
>Curze
>Intelligence
Even Curze couldn't think outside of his own little primarch box the Emperor assigned to him. Pretty much like all the primarchs actually.
>>
File: 99120116002_SkitariiRangers01.jpg (54KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120116002_SkitariiRangers01.jpg
54KB, 600x620px
Can I use these as Mechanicum tech thralls?
>>
>>52325363
No, because those are secutarii
>>
Speaking of, why aren't there distinct Dark Mechanicum power armour marks by the 41st millenium? You'd think they'd have their dark counterpoint to mark 8 in limited numbers.
>>
>>52325407
Because the dark mechanicum can't actually invent anything, they just stick daemons into existing technology and see what happens.
>>
>>52325363
Thats what i do. fuck paying 25 quid for 5 models in a 20 man squad
>>52325394
no, no they are not
>>
>>52325407
Because Dark Mechanicum are the opposite of organised ?

They probably also don't give a bloodthirster's ass about supplying chaos marines with armour and weapons, unless there's some kind of pact which benefits them.
>>
>>52325407
Darkmech arent the greatest at standardisation, they have much more fun throwing daemons into random shit
>>
>>52325432

>Okay boss, got that super armour you ordered made up.

Why's it moving about?

>Oh that? I stuck a Bloodletter in it.

Well what bloody use is that meant to be?

>WEAR... MEEEEEE....
>>
>>52318992
Don't they have storm birds now at FW?
>>
Anyone got the contact info for the Epic 30k guy?
>>
File: haunted items.gif (3MB, 385x354px) Image search: [Google]
haunted items.gif
3MB, 385x354px
>>52325491
>>
>>52325504

That's way bigger than a sokar pattern stormbird.
>>
>>52325394
No, they got completely different gear and heads.

>>52325433
>Thats what i do. fuck paying 25 quid for 5 models in a 20 man squad
I know right, it's expensive as it is, so everything counts. Good to hear someone else doing it.
>>
>>52325525
ask /wip/
>>
>>52324186
Anon calm down it was an Alex Jones reference
>>
>>52325491
>Ok, so this terminator armour you made me seems great and all, but ...
>Why is it forcibly gyrating my hips constantly ?
>Oh that's just the pack of daemonette's we bound into it. Don't worry, we don't charge you extra for it.
>>
Since terminator armour isn't numbered, what order did it come out in?

Also, is there a Mark V equivalent for terminators?Shitty heresy era knock-off brand.
>>
I'm still waiting for Emperor Titan and bigger stormbird from FW.

This will probably happend before plastic SoB.
>>
>>52325685
Cataphractii came first. Indomitus, Saturnine and Tartaros about the same time, developed independently of one another. Seeing that the Tartaros borrows ideas from the MkIV and MkV helmets derive from the Indomitus helmet, it gives some time frame on their development. Gorgon suits were made later from the Indomitus.
>>
>>52325541
Though, there is an EVEN CHEAPER way. Take the Cultist asult box (21 dudes for 28 quid) and add wires, and hoods, maybe some roabs, and you are good to go
>>
File: 99550101194_TyberostheRedWake01.jpg (34KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99550101194_TyberostheRedWake01.jpg
34KB, 600x620px
>>52325685
This maybe
>>
>>52325769

>The guy with the only pair of chain-lighting claws in the imperium is wearing shit quality armour

I kinda doubt.
>>
>>52325850
Charcs use a lot of mk V, it's one of the odd things about them
>>
>>52321090
He survived thought
>>
How's the quality of the Xiphon Interceptor kit?
Easy to build or a nightmare like the Storm Eagle/Fire Raptor?
>>
>>52326047
Really? I'm starting to think this motherfucker is secretly the biggest baddass of the heresy or something.
>>
>>52326094
He should be an imperial saint, really.
>>
>>52326094
He pretty much is as far as unaugmented, non-perpetual humans go.
>>
>>52326094
Nahh mate, that is Nykona Sharrowkyn. He managed to kill Lucius the Eternal and not get turned into him, could turn invisible, and shot Fulgrim in the head with sick 360noscope.
Him and Sevatar are competing for the Shadow the Edge Hog award.
>>
File: is this mark v.jpg (141KB, 1024x744px) Image search: [Google]
is this mark v.jpg
141KB, 1024x744px
>>52325685
>is there a Mark V equivalent for terminators
Putting studs on armour is a "cheap" way of reinforcing their armour (especially once the original has been built), but it's not the same as making a variant in-fluff which has wholly new substitute designs or is cobbled together from different designs' pre-existing parts. The studs don't even mean that the cheaper method of making the armour was used, it might just mean that post-production some armour was added in a way that didn't require the armour to be rebuilt from scratch. A bit like how tanks have ERA slabs or slat/skirt/spaced armour added on top of what it was designed with.

There's a school of thought that says the Indomitus pattern is sort of like the Mark V pattern, in that it came into use over better types of armour because it was cheaper and easier to make, but it's not an exact comparison because it existed before the logistical constraints that forced Mark V into existence came about, and came to be the most widespread design after the heresy rather than during it.
The various Terminator marks apparently were like the different Forge Worlds building something to fulfil the same role, either at different times when the Great Crusade fleets required super-heavy armour, or else an original design for the "Tactical Dreadnought Armour project", with different competitors' designs having their own strengths, such as Cataphractii being the strongest, Tartaros being the fastest, and Indomitus the cheapest and/or best all-rounder.
>>
>>52326220
Out of curiosity, whats actually contained in the rear two-thirds of that turret? Ammunition? Counterweights for the gun?
>>
>>52326349
Ammo, electronics and communication gear. Remember that the armor layering on those things is pretty thick, so the interior is smaller than you'd expect
>>
>>52326349
Ammunition. Blow out panels direct blast from the magazine outside if the ammunition is hit and cooks off to protect the crew. There are also really thick automatic blast doors inside the turrets that open and close when the loader is loading the gun to make sure there is always some kind of separation between the crew and the ammunition.
>>
File: WE_Red_Butchers_Terminator.jpg (444KB, 635x897px) Image search: [Google]
WE_Red_Butchers_Terminator.jpg
444KB, 635x897px
How do I paint World Eaters on hardmove aka black primer?
>>
>>52326578
>How do I paint World Eaters on hardmove aka black primer?
The journey of a thousand layers must begin with a single layer.
>>
File: Garro_vs_Lord_of_Flies.jpg (212KB, 1080x1568px) Image search: [Google]
Garro_vs_Lord_of_Flies.jpg
212KB, 1080x1568px
>>52319445
>>52319361
>>52318760
>>52318705
Traitor shits get fucked
>>
>>52318741
Fucking this.
>>
File: IMG_2185.jpg (556KB, 480x2243px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2185.jpg
556KB, 480x2243px
>>52326578
... you don't?

Seriously, it's fucked. Theyll put a mew meaning to THICCC.

Just do Corax white and then Ulthuan. Duncan's not joking though, really do thin ya paints.
>>
What's your favourite and most disliked mark of armour and why?

>Love mk2 for single visor on helmet
>hate mkIII, rivets and crusader greathelm look retarded in futuristic setting and trim is irritating to paint
>>
>>52326716
>Love MKIV, looks just mobile enough that i could imagine it running around in combat and not be detrimental in melee.
>Hate MKV
>>
File: image.jpg (175KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175KB, 1024x768px
Wound rolls are for the birds, NEIN?
>>
>>52326578
>How do I paint World Eaters on hardmove aka black primer?

Spitballing here. From the black primer, paint the armour panels purple. You can then go towards baby blue for the white panels and towards red for the red panels.

So For the white panels:

Black > purple > blue > baby blue > white

for the red panels:

Black > purple > dark red > blood red.

Also get some Tamiya transparent red for blood.
>>
So if HH goes 8th edition shit will be weird

Armor modifiers don't sound like good times in 30k.
>>
So when are we getting legion-specific centurions?
>>
File: chainsword.png (726KB, 382x973px) Image search: [Google]
chainsword.png
726KB, 382x973px
>>52318865
I worry that could unbalance the meta in favour of blob armies. But the new morale check sounds like it could balance it out.

Most relevant for HH though, the addition of AP modifiers to all weapons sounds like it'll make bolters great again. I expect bolters will be treating marines like they have 5+ armour, and Heavy Bolters like they have 6+.
Get ready to bow down to the BIG YELLOW BOLTERS.
>>
>>52326716
I know it's not as common during the horus heresy but I do love love me some mark 6 beaky marines soully due to aesthetics alone, but the additional sensors are a nice touch.

Least favorite is probably mark 5 since due to its scavenged nature and production is pretty much crap in both form and function
>>
>>52326896
I wouldn't take anything you hear for something evne close to the reality. Also 7th has a lot of features that have to carry through entirely or not at all, so HH will stay 7th or need rules from teh ground up. The latter is unlikely given the investment by FW.
>>
>>52326932
In 2nd edition, marines had 4+ against bolters, 5+ against heavy bolters.

I have 5 heavy bolters built that I never use, just because I had the weapons and extra bodies. Now a heavy bolter squad would be fucking monstrous.

>>52326982
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/23/warhammer-40000-news-from-adepticon/

.>Armour save modifiers. This topic comes up almost as often as Sisters of Battle… so we’re going to bring them back. Every weapon will have its place in your army and better represent how you imagine them working in your head.
>>
>>52326688
Ye I know it's fucked. Do you wash after Ulthuan?

>>52326829
Mhm could be worth a shot

>Also get some Tamiya transparent red for blood.
Already got it bud, the blood must flow.
>>
>>52326896
Given some (well, one) of the rules is nabbed from AOS, one thing I'd be totally okay with is AOS's simplified blast rules: there's no physical templates involved, basically if you hit you do D3 or D6 hits, often with a bonus if the unit you're targeting is over a certain size. Because fuck how long quad mortar batteries firing 12 blasts a turn take to resolve, frankly.
>>
>>52327002
basically AoS for 40k, pretty laughable really.
>>
Question. Why are artificer sarges a thing? I mean, I get he'd have better gear, but that means that the AP chart is basically AP1/2 required, AP3 sometimes situationally good, everything else irrelevant.

T. Mechanicumfag who doesn't know much about the Legion list.
I keep trying to homebrew up things and everyone goes"AP3 tank gun REEEE".
>>
>>52327044
No blast templates completely fuck grav weapons. And I doubt AOS has to deal with massive and apocalyptic blasts that hit multiple units.
>>
>>52327039
>Do you wash after Ulthuan?
Not to my knowledge. You'll have the black in the recesses anyway, and it's supposed to be a subtle shifting of layers from grey to white.
>>
>>52327062
>Why are artificer sarges a thing?
Elite armour for elite dudes. It was just more available back when the armour was fresh and the Imperium united.
It does kind of screw up the system if the sarge is tanking all the hits, but if you get through him the rest of the unit is vulnerable once again.
Weapons that are currently AP3 are going to hurt 2+ units more once 8th comes in anyway.
>>
>>52319632

Welcome to the US Army
>>
>>52327134
I realise it will sod off soon, my mind was just on AP systems because discussing new rules.
Just seems like it would be better suited with a reroll ones or something, but I suppose D6 systems aren't granular enough for that. Looking forward to the new AP, because all my CHOOMidons and Peltasts will be shiny again and I'll feel like less of a dick using Irrad Engines and Medusas in my Reductor list, but at the moment it's a little all or nothing. I'm either deleting units or lightly tickling them.
>>
>>52327134
it is slightly retarded, something that is 'artificer' isn't mass produced and is highly unique and usually personalised. Also the Imperium didn't have as many established forge worlds especially during the early GC, and during the HH presumably supply lines were fucked.
>>
>>52327186
Lel if you think 30k will use 8th instantly.

Just looking at that community link, I can see my group already going full 30k just because of the morale mechanic alone. It's the most poorly designed bit of AoS and is hard enough on elite armies to be a total dealbreaker
>>
>>52327217
>something that is 'artificer' isn't mass produced and is highly unique and usually personalised
1 in 20 is pretty rare though.

>the Imperium didn't have as many established forge worlds especially during the early GC
They had enough. Plus the early crusade troops had volkite as standard because there weren't so many of them that the Martians couldn't keep up, so it stands to reason as well that the early crusade armour patterns would have a higher ratio of artificer.
The other thing is that the legions were big, unified organisations, so there were economies of scale and techmarines and forge lords were trading information from across the galaxy, whereas in 40k the Forge Worlds have their hands full arming the guard, and the marines are all isolated into 1000-man "cells" rather than the unified command they had.
NICE JOB GIRLYMAN
>>
>>52327238
Yeah, the Morale thing is total bullshit. Movement stat and new armour sounds cool, army building, Battleshock are both totally idiotic. I mean, it's not designed for 30/40k and it shows. Unless all low model count units have Ld dramatically slashed, then they're immune to it, since Myrmidons would have to lose five models before they can lose anyone to a Battleshock test, which is normally the whole unit anyway.
If they do slash Ld, they'll be totally fucked because they can be instantly deleted from losing one guy to a stray plasma marine or some bolters. Morale was in a good place in 30k before, dammit.
>>
>>52327467
I wouldn't worry. 7th ed is here to stay for HH.
>>
>>52327506
Citation needed
>>
>>52327506

Well, I know I'm not buying inferno now.
>>
>>52327514
Mikhael was the one that said it. His past rumors have been true. Could be wrong, but it would make sense for them to stay with the ruleset that they have put so much time into.
>>
>>52324480
Crotch studs is how I identify Mk V. >>52324634 is right, there were forges producing Mk V but it was still a cobbled-together design.

>>52324489
Angelus will probably come up with something. I don't know of anything in the old fluff.
>>
>>52326092
It's much easier. Too bad the rules suck.
>>
Virtues of the sons/Sins of the father audio anyone?
>>
>>52327712
Isn't that the one where amit fights kharn? How does that go?
>>
>>52326092
Attaching the nose to the hull can require a lot of greenstuff (they should have included a mind the gap warning) but outside of that it goes together very well.
>>
>>52327712
http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/virtues-sons-sins-father-mp3.html
>>
>>52326578
I've found Rakarth flesh is the easiest way to block out black primer.

> thinned down Rakarth (consider a smooth drybrushing of it even)
> ulthuan
>washes
>clean up Ulthuan
> pure white ( optional)
>>
>>52321090

I'm a sucker for Black Library but good god Weregeld was such fucking trash.
>>
Does that mean there will be overlap in the points systems between the two games? Ensuring that 30k and 40k remain compatible?
>>
>>52329074
7th and 8th won't even have the same model statlines because of 8th ed armies having a movement stat. If HH is truly staying 7th it can't fight an 8th army.
>>
>>52321147
Forge World Sarum

>>52321279
Valerius audio short, here you go
http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/vyBUpD2d/file.html
For the Emperor!
>>
I for one can't wait for FW unit warscrolls.
They won't be free like the GW 40k ones- you can to pay for a PREMIUM app to even get them.
Then you pay by individual war scroll.
And, since this is FW we are talking about, the app and warscrolls will be ridden with bugs, misspellings, and ads for Eastern European women who all want to date YOU
>>
File: 262362.jpg (537KB, 1158x1752px) Image search: [Google]
262362.jpg
537KB, 1158x1752px
What Primarch would make the best boyfriend?
>>
>>52329228
Sanguinius was masochist, have self sacrifice and suicide obsession.
>>
>>52321147
Nobody knows where "the" pattern came from.
I think there'd have to be some sort of story for how the pattern came about. Perhaps it was made by Martians and the knowledge of the design ended up in the hands of both loyalist and traitor in some BL short story they'll milk some cash out of.
Or perhaps it was a hyopthetical design for Mark IV before the advancements that ended up in the actual final design were invented.
Either way, "convergent evolution" is a good catch-all explanation for how the same design, more or less, pops up everywhere. They're working with the same Mark 2-4, it makes sense that certain design decisions would be made by different people in different times.
>>
Man, thread's slow today. Everyone off shitposting in the 40kg about leaked rules?

Anyway, managed to magnetize my Knight's waist with minimal fucking about with greenstuff, which is a win because I've not used either of those before. Now I can put the rest of the torso together.
In the absence of productiveanon, what are you working on, anons?
>>
>>52329228
Aside from Sanguinius ? Most of the loyalist ones save Lion, plus maybe Horus and Magnus would be decent, I guess.
Alpharius would be so good in the sheet, it would feel like there's two of them tho.
>>
>>52329228

Emperor: Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder
>>
I had a shower thoughts epiphany as to why FW might have deliberately not made the Axiarch an Independent Character. Preferred Enemy is conferred to a unit as long as at least one model has the rule, and his special rule to buff all models in his detachment with Hazard Protocols with Preferred Enemy could be easily abused - since he also has Hazard Protocols he'd also get PE(Infantry).

The possibilities are crazy. You could stick him in Secutors and suddenly they're actually a good unit. More of a problem? He's only 60 points, doesn't require any other Secutarii in his detachment, and the cheapest compulsory troops choice in Mechanicum is only 35 points. That means that anyone that can bring Sworn Brothers Mechanicum Allies can give any unit they want PE(Infantry) for only 95 points. That... seems like a problem. The only potential restriction is that they couldn't board a transport while he's attached to the unit, but if it's a shooting unit (like Iron Havocs, for example) that's a moot point.

I think there's probably better solutions than just not giving him IC, but it's the kind of "oh shit" last minute fix that makes sense in context. It would also explain why he has such surprisingly good stats for only a 60 point model (S/T4 with 3 wounds and 3+/5++/6+++ is a LOT for that cheap).
>>
>>52318992
Working on a properly scaled dropship of CHOOM, but no Legions allowed there. Going to order all the weapons off MI once my Knight is finished, heard good things about that recaster.

Any ideas for how I stat two Volkite Carronades with an enhanced power generator on an aircraft? The angle isn't right for a beam. Hellstorm with Torrent, S6 AP3 Deflagrate? Fuck you infantry, nothing else cares.
>>
>>52329269
Self sacrifice I can see, but the other two? Masochist is dorn's thing. I don't remember anything about suicide.
>>
File: the numeration.jpg (20KB, 350x121px) Image search: [Google]
the numeration.jpg
20KB, 350x121px
Am I the only one who kek'd heartily at pic?

>>52319491
Is that from a scanned HH book 1?
>>
>>52329367
You can effectively do the same thing with a malagra magos prime (given almost every unit will have a sergeant) although one of those is 125 points.
>>
>>52329629
Sort of...? Would PE(Characters) give a unit PE for shooting attacks against any unit that contains a character? That certainly doesn't seem intended, but other than RoI I can't see an argument against it. Either way, he's still twice as expensive and wouldn't work against the rare case of units that don't contain characters... although I admit I can't think of many units that don't either contain a leader or are entirely characters to begin with. I mean, there's Tech-Thralls, but why would you tech against Tech-Thralls?

I guess they'd lose PE against a unit that already lost their unit leader, which puts the opponent in the bizarre position of trying to get their sergeants killed so that the killy scary shooty unit stops murdering them so hard.
>>
>>52318576
I can't find the Iron Fire Rite of War anywhere, unless I'm a faggot and missed it in one of the blacks books I just searched.

Can someone just tell me what the force organization requirement is?
>>
>>52329731
It's in the Age of Darkness Army List book as well as HH6. Make sure you're reading the newer one, not the original.

Also, if you're ctrl-fing for it it's Ironfire, not Iron Fire. Page 108.
>>
>>52329718
Yeah, as of the last FAQ if you have PE against anything in the unit you have PE when shooting at the unit. It's why the RG decapitation strike rite got a bit better since said FAQ as the entire army gets PE against any unit containing an independent character. It is a bit exploit-y for me, but that's what the rules say. I wouldn't build an army around a malagra myself, but it's a funny little buff.

As for getting the sergeants killed, I guess a lot of people use them with artificer armour to tank, so they may get gunned down anyway.
>>
>>52329790
>I wouldn't build an army around a malagra myself, but it's a funny little buff.
Honestly, I'd consider it now for Zone Mortalis. I like Myrmidon Secutors a lot but they're just kinda mediocre when you compare them to Destructors. If you give them PE, though, they're fucking crazy. A killier model like a Malagra is also a little more fun in a small models game like ZM for when Your Dude fights His Dude in the epic showdown.

Granted, 3 Secutors with Plasma and PE averages 17 unsaved wounds per turn against T4 3+ so you might not ever get a duel...
>>
>>52323276
A product line for the Prosperine Spireguard.
>>
>>52329103
There would have to be some commonality between the two systems, if 7th edition is modified to in core manners between the Age of Darkness rules and the new 8th edition rules its possible that there will be new stats and other mechanics that bleed over into 30k.

Optimistically, movement stats, points systems, psychic phase reworks and the new ap value system make it into 30k with the divergence being things like morale perhaps?

If the systems aren't compatible I'll probably end up quitting the hobby, nobody here plays 30k and if my army isn't a one size fits all solution then I'm out.
>>
>>52329103
>>52329877
when the flyer supplement came out FW released rules updates for ALL of their flyers to accommodate the new stats in case people wanted to use skies of death. I wouldn't be surprised if they released war scroll style updates for all their existing HH models to add a movement statline.
>>
>>52329940
That's what I anticipate. The overlap between the two systems is a legitimate selling point between 30k-40k. 30k is more balanced, has relatively more interesting options in terms of meta game. There more versatility within the Legion lists and at higher point values have more umph compared to 40k.
>>
>>52327712
Base-10 Inheritance pls.
>>
>>52329997
I mean, HH was originally written in 6th edition, and was not without some bumps between editions when the psychic phase was added and ICs could no longer join units of MCs. Some of these took a while to fix (Patris Cybernetica took a while in particular) but FW has stated they're committed to keeping 30k compatible with whatever the most current ruleset of 40k is. They know that divergence would be bad.

At the end of the day, HH/30k is and always has been "Battles in the Age of Darkness: a Warhammer 40k Expansion." It's not a different game, and it's not going to have a different, divergent game system.
>>
>>52330045
I understand that.

Its tough getting into the hobby, finding an Army that interests you, one that appeals to the IDEA of a play style that you would like despite not having played a single game as of that point.

Figuring out what is within your skills to paint, figuring out what kind of conversions you want to do. Most of the anons spend their time doing these things and never committing, I'm more sympathetic to how painful it can be to have your army or strategy invalidated due to rule shifts or otherwise.
>>
>>52329228
>Lion
Emotionally distant and never tells you what he's doing. Possibly cheating on you.
>Fulgrim
Emotionally needy, spends more time on his hair than his gf, everyone's trying to steal him./Sex pervert who cheats willy nilly.
>Perty
Emotionally distant, bitter, violent, and exceptionally petty.
>Khan
Bad boy with a motorbike who's good deep down. Furs smell a bit.
>Wolfy McWolf Wolf
Bad-boy with no motorbike. Furs smell a bit.
>Dorn
Loyal but emotionally distant workaholic. Only enjoys sex in the missionary position for the purposes of procreation.
>Curze
Nuff said
>Sangy
Everyone's trying to steal him but he's too perfect to cheat.
>Ferrus Handus
The parts that aren't cold and steel are cold and angry.
>Angron Angrypants
Will beat you but you'll keep coming back because you think you can change him.
>Rowyourboat Downthestreamlyman
On the surface the guy has all his shit together, but he'll constantly be judging you and always telling you how to improve, and he only really cares about himself.
>Mortarion
Emotionally distant and bitter, smells bad and won't clean up the place.
>Magnus
Really tall, smart, and a nice guy, but he's a weird-looking nerd who's into weird shit he doesn't tell anyone about. All his kids will have birth defects.
>Horus
On the surface the guy has all his shit together, but he'll get offended and nurse a grudge over things that aren't intended as insults until eventually he breaks down and fucks your shit up.
>Lorgar
Charismatic, but not as smart as he thinks he is, and he'll be your best friend one minute then horribly offended the next minute, as Magnus or Guilliman (?) said. Also he's a Primarchlet and a slacker.
>Vulkan
His dick will burn you.
>Raven Guard
Flighty personality, a bit of an emo.
>Alpharius
No personality.
>>
>>52330182
>>Lion
>Possibly cheating on you.
Loyalty is it's own reward, traitor.
>>
>>52330182
Alpharius is a control freak, who would orchestrate every part of his partner's life. Also hates losing at anything, so you don't want to take him bowling.
>>
>>52330244
>so you don't want to take him bowling
Sounds like someone's bad at bowling.
>>
>>52327712
Children of Sicarus anyone?
>>
>>52328193
Indeed, I use Rakarth then Pallid Wych Flesh for my Death Guard.
>>
>>52330143
Yeah, I absolutely understand that viewpoint as well. I think the company is only marginally sympathetic to that mindset as they want their customers to continue to "shake up" their armies over time by buying new things for their collections. That can feel really shitty as a player, but this conversation happens basically every time a new edition comes out. It's an unavoidable problem.

FW has also already completely invalided lists before or at the very list disrupted them (Tyrantwing, Plasma Mortiat duos, Libby/MoS/Primus Medicae as compulsories, etc.) in the interest of fluff and balance. This stuff just happens over time.

I think it's more likely to upset lists the more specialized your armies are with special weapons and unique units, as those are the kinds of things you can't easily substitute to represent other units. Armies that just have a bunch of dudes with bolters can always serve a lot of different roles and are less likely to be affected one way or the other.

Also, it's all speculation, so we'll have to see how it pans out. The specific changes they've talked about all sound like really, really good things that the game needs when you look at them in a general sense. AP being all or nothing feels bad, sweeping advance being all or nothing feels bad, movement being set standard makes everyone fell too same-y, etc. We'll just have to see, though.

I think Mechanicum will probably suffer the most since they rely on small, slow units of AP2/3 shooting, but hey, at least they've got Radium Carbines now!
>>
>>52330380
We'll be fine, anon. Artillery will still hurt, and I can't imagine the vestiges of saves will be that much worse than cover is now. Irrad Engines will continue to be good, as will Grav. May hurt the REALLY elite beepboop lists some because they now have to chew through things a little more, but those of us with any volume to our armies will be fine. We still have Droplites, too.
We can take a little comparative nerf, especially since me and I suspect a few others have some bullshit tactics tucked away for an Ironfire day anyway. And at least high T will probably continue to be good, and may in fact be better once stuff doesn't always erase our amour saves.
>>
>>52330380
>Tyrantwing
What's this?
>>
>>52329731
It only prohibits fortification detachments and space marine allies - no other force org changes, just the scatter changes and ironfire counters, fearless near the ironfire counters, and you must be the attacker.
>>
>>52330323
er you go
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html
>>
Ding dong ding dong. >>52330509
>>
About the Butcher's Nail... Is the 'Nail' supposed to be meaning the fingernail? Or nail the fastener?
>>
>>52330470
Perty gives all termies deep strike and lets you roll for reserves turn one. Tyrants used to be elites, so Pride of the Legion let you take them as troops when they changed it to make any legion-specific elites terminators count as troops but not HS termies.

Basically, it's Draigowing, but instead of Draigo and Paladins you have Perturabo and Tyrants. You take Siege Breakers as HQs to give them Tank Hunters. It's super low model count and if you don't take a Damocles the deep strike rolls are scary as fuck, so it's honestly not very good, but it lets you build a very high points cost army with a very low (and fairly cheap, at least with aftermarket Cyclones) model count.

The new list book made Tyrants into HS, so anyone that actually built a Tyrantwing army - which, honestly, may have been only one person if that - can't run it anymore at all.

[spoilers]It's also debatable as to whether Tyrants are HS, since there's a typo in the book that states they're elites even though their FOC symbol is HS. I wouldn't go that route, but some people will[/spoiler]
>>
>>52319379
If you mix armour you should weather, if you don't mix, well then I might just melt down your figures and make you breathe in the fumes so you realise just how cancerous you really are
>>
>>52330568
Ah, yeah, that's pretty nasty.

Yeah, troop tyrants are too tough for troops, though maybe non-compulsory in RoWs where regular termies are troops would be alright.
>>
>>52330663
Granted, we're talking, like, 30 guys plus perty and 2-3 siege breakers for a 3000 point list. It's comparable model count to Custodes and not as durable.
>>
>>52327066
>No blast templates completely fuck grav weapons.

Instead of an area of difficult terrain, why not just make it so that the target unit moves the next turn as if in difficult terrain, or something? I've always thought that Phosphex rule should have just been that the unit hit has to move the next turn or do a dangerous terrain test for every model (you're on fire, get out of it or fucking burn).

>And I doubt AOS has to deal with massive and apocalyptic blasts that hit multiple units.

Area of effect. Determine final location of the hit and every unit within X number of inches from it takes Y number of hits.
>>
>>52330707
>Area of effect. Determine final location of the hit and every unit within X number of inches from it takes Y number of hits.
... that is a blast template. Like, literally. That's how a template works.
>>
>>52330707
That's a blast template without using a physical template and instead having to measure by hand from the point of impact. How is that better?
>>
>>52330470
Flying hive tyrants.

>>52330143
>>52330380
I feel it's time for a clean break. FW moves slowly even compared to GW and haven't been capable of releasing FAQs on a reasonable timeline (if at all). Odds of a balanced game are better if they just stick with 7th ed. rules.

Why not? 40k's got problems, but largely due to army list bloat that doesn't affect HH.

At least get all the legions out first.
>>
File: 1489975722928.jpg (447KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489975722928.jpg
447KB, 800x600px
>>52329228
>boyfriend

'no'

tfw no thicc Mortarina qt gf
>>
>>52328861
Yeah, but overall the Corax anthology was pretty disappointing
>>
>>52331415
We know its you Curzefag. Put the name on so you can be filtered.
>>
>>52330557
the fastener. Its a butchers (thing) nailed to his head. to imply that is a thing that makes him really mad crudely implanted into his brain.
>>
>>52325150
>sense of humor

I found it real humor that he picked a fight with the Lion and got his back broken and his legion literally raped.
>>
>>52331415
Wait where is Omegon? Those two are a package deal
>>
>>52332034
Omegon's the one on the right. The rest are Alpharius.

(But think about it from everyone else's point of view - you only get one at a time, but you never know which one it is.)
>>
>>52332222
Yeah but they both answer to the same name so it's not a huge deal
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.