[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about your setting's dragonborn.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: ujhBcFG.jpg (666KB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
ujhBcFG.jpg
666KB, 3300x2550px
>What cultures do you mold them after?
>How tall are they?
>How much do they weigh?
>What's their relation to dragons?
>What are their preferred weapons?
>Do they rely on natural armor such as scales?
>>
None,really. They're very rare,as they're not a race per se, but created from normal humans from an evil Not!RenaissanceItaly realm ruled by a red dragon god, to server as his mortal chosen agents (dark paladins of sort).

>How tall are they?
Like very tall humans,but some are quite large; between seven and a half and almost nine feet.

>How much do they weigh?
Maybe about 50% more than a normal human of their height,but mostly due to muscle density; they're tall,but not specially broad or bulky.

As stated before, they were normal humans who rose from the ranks of the red dragon god cult to serve as emissaries,high priests and paladins. Sometimes they became castellans and stewards of important positions if there isn't a dragon around to do the job (in this evil Not!Italy, the children of the dragon god take on military and poticial charges).

Daggers and short swords for the spellcasters (sorcerers and clerics), long sword and tower shield for the warring types.

No; their scales are not that hard. The don't even have a tail, only a dragon-like head (with crests and horns) and red skin color; enough to mark them as the chosen ones.
>>
>>52303536
>Your setting's dragonborn
Who?
>>
Mali Empire, rich ass fuck and kind philanthropists, but a massive army and with a 'don't fuck with us, we won't fuck with you' attitude. Basically unified tribes
>How tall are they?
Depending on the breed and ancestry 5' to 12'
>How much do they weigh?
Again, depends on heritage, but the range is 75% of human of equal size to 200% of human of equal size
direct descendants of the various dragon clans that used to litter the continent they come from, magically (actual magic involved) changed to humanoid because humans are dicks
Big ones prefer mauls and two handed axes, smaller nimbler ones prefer short spear and shield, while all are trained to use bows (each clan also has a penchant for doing something to their arrows, Red Clan fire, Black Clan Poison ETC)
They pretty much only rely on natural armor, as metal and plate are reserved for the commanders or rich fucks.
>>
>>52303604
people with dragon heads and breath weapons
in 5e, they have +2str +1cha
>>
>>52303688
Oh anon. falling for bait since 2005
>>
>>52303698
I'm trying to be helpful, fuck off
>>
>>52303829
C-C-C-C-C-ombo bait.
>>
File: draconians.png (212KB, 800x620px) Image search: [Google]
draconians.png
212KB, 800x620px
I guess I have analogue of sort. Not really 'dragonborn'.
I personally try to fit all into a single culture, since cultures are more regional things, but in homeland/etc. they are bit mongolian.
I think I wrote down them being good bit taller than humans, so about 1.7-2.3m. Not that much heftier, depends the bulk.

They were created by a mad demigod of sorts as an experiment, and ended up being servants/etc. After human civilization collapsed, they kinda found themselves free and ran rampart, settling near mountain ranges at north. However, past century or so the usual setting-dates, they have been moving into societies and cities at north in search of jobs, although they aren't viewed very favourable sometimes due to their history.
They are kind of based on dragons, and they can breathe pitiful puffs of fire. Not much of a weapon, but occasional replacement for a lighter/matches.

While they did prefer fighting with spears/swords, they good with firearms. Their increased strength allows them to carry heavier arms than usually ( ex. LMG, even HMG ).
Their scales are kinda tough, but not necessary protection against weapons ( especially guns ).
>>
None as they seem to die young following their extreme beliefs. They have a powerful and intimidating build for humanoids. They want to ascend into dragon form. Depend on the person, their weapon could be anything they want. They use anything from whichever loot they get from killing enemy. They would prefer to use there scales as last measure of defence
>>
>>52303688
>>52303829
Original anon here and you must be really fucking dense to not get the sarcastic "My setting doesn't have shit races in it"
Also, what made you assume everyone is playing D&D, regardless of edition you broght with yourself?
>>
>>52304197
I
>>52303682
Never said i was playing DnD. My setting has Dragon Born Folk

but you know ASSUMPTIONS : The thread
>>
>>52303536
None of my settings have furries.
>>
>>52303536
Not any in particular, at least consciously. They're mostly hunter-gatherers or nomadic pastoralists. Not great with technology. When not working, the larger, more colorful males are quite concerned with displays of aesthetic and martial excellence for the females.
>How tall are they?
About 7 feet for males, 6 for females.
>How much do they weigh?
I never know how to work out what weight different kinds of people should be. Pretty muscular, anyway.
They're simply a species of dragon, in the same way a human is a species of ape. At some point they exchanged a pair of forelegs for a pair of arms, and the pair of wings for another pair of arms.
It's popular among them to show off their skill by wielding two to four swords at once. More practically, they fight with spear and shield or very powerful bows.
They wear armor when they can get it, but the scales certainly help when they can't or can't get any that isn't poor-quality, which is a lot of the time.
>>
>>52303536
Dragonboo LIzardmen
>Culture
In my setting cultures are shared across races so the dragonborn in are simmilar to the humans in culture, so in the area i am focusing on that would mean Austria-Hungary.
They tend to stick to their fortresses which are large hollowed out mountains that act as giant furnaces to keep them warm, since they are coldblooded lizardmen.
>How Tall are they
Slightly taller than humans
>How much do they weigh
slightly more than humans
>Whats their relation to dragons
Not physically related.They rever their memory. Dragons saved the ancestors of the Dragonborn (whom they originally fought wars against) during the Ice Age, in turn the dragons employed them as mercenaries against the gians (who in turn employed humans as dragonslayers)
When the ice age ended both dragons and giants pretty much died out, the Dragonborn eventually emerged from that gone symbiosis. Breath attacks do exist as a form of martial arts.
Furthermore they attempt to emulate dragons in many ways, eventually hoping to overcome theri cold blooded nature that slowly makes their species die out in the current cold climate.
>What are their Preferred Weapons
Lance, Poleaxe, Cannon
>Do they rely on natural armor
THeir scales are like those of a lizard or a crocodile, as such it deosnt do a lot against a bladed weapon or a musket.
>>
File: TatzelwurmCanoneer.png (116KB, 500x607px) Image search: [Google]
TatzelwurmCanoneer.png
116KB, 500x607px
>>52304728
forgot pic.
>pic related
its their signature class, its basically a shoulder mounted canon that shoots primitive mortar shells.
They are the only ones that can wield it because they are the only race without ears, also it makes them feel closer to dragons.

I also stole that concept from FFTA.
>>
I modeled 'em after bits of the roman empire

Pretty tall, 6'7 as an average

Somewhere in th 280 range for males, slightly less for females

They respect them as the pinnacle of strength and whatnot, but they recognize their own strengths.

Polearms, mostly, with a bith of shield+spear going on in their infantry.

No, their scales aren't particularly tough. They use armour like the rest of 'em, though some shits think it's funny to wear scale mail.
>>
I don't have anything in particular, but as a whole, they are extremely arrogent
>>
>>52303536
For some reason I have them live in a desert and rule in a feudalistic system whereas all the various colors form their own sort of "nations" with larger cities (ruled by Vizars) contain more of a mixture. But all of these draconic tribes are led by a single Dragonborn who can trace his bloodline directly back to the originations of "life itself".

Sort of a "living God" worship mixed with a lot of occultism and mysticism. They typically are "wiser" than Elves in that they see themselves as having a sacred duty to "guide" Life (which often leads them into wars, naturally).

The various colors will sometimes war with one another as each of the colors has its own tribal holdings with all kinds of rulers with varying motivations. It's sort of based on the ancient Arabic world mixed with in with Byzantine, Roman, Papal, and Holy Roman themes in terms of organization.

Their weapons are often ornate halbreds or scimitars. These weapons are heirloom items as Dragonborn society is a semi-caste system (there is social mobility but it is very difficult). The Warrior Caste can more often than not directly trace their own warrior lineage for untold generations uninterrupted. In this way, man of their weapons are very old and sometimes archaic, but they are incredibly well built and wonderfully ornate (and very expensive and incredibly hard to get ahold of).

Weight and height are generally slightly taller than Humans with the average height being around 6'5". Their weight is entirely dependent on many factors with Viziers often being more portly due to living very comfortably.

Magic for their societies is innate but incredibly powerful Sorcerers are prized. Wizards are often scorned because they are deemed as not having the "Origin Blood" that created the Sorcerer (Draconic Legacy Sorcerer is the foundation of the "Draconic Cult" which runs society).
>>
>>52305735
More often than not, these Draconic Legacy Sorcerers hold very important jobs among the highest echelons of society.

Their relation with Dragons is actually rather mixed. In my setting, the Dragons have "vanished" and the Dragonborn see it as their duty to prepare for their "Return" in which they will come back to "protect" all of "Life". This makes Dragonborn Clerics and Paladins incredibly fanatical because they strongly believe that they are fighting with the mindset of "Guardians of all Races and Beings". With this being said, however, Dragonborn society is very reluctant to take in foreigners with most really only being allowed in to trade and deal with political measures.

Natural Armor is "worn" by most of society but the warrior caste, much like their weapons, is ancient, hand-crafted, and beautiful. They use lavish colors such as Purple and Gold to decorate their armors and many inscribe ancient Dragonic runes as marks of their heritage and legacy.

In total, Dragonborn society is held together by a "Draconic Cult" and ruled over by a "Grand Sultan" who is seen as the living connection between all Dragonborn (And therefore origin of life) and the Draconic Gods themselves.

From there, powerful Sorcerer Caliphs rule over grand cities and control sectors, often in areas that co-inside with their particular color. Beneath them are tribal (remember, organized by color) viziers who rule over their specific kin.

The society is a semi-caste system with social mobility being often granted when an individual accomplishes something very worthy or sacrifices themselves (thus proving worth to Life) or being born a Draconic Legacy Sorcerer (in which case he/she is taken from family and trained by the Draconic Cult).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.