[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you add to this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 28

File: Ashlands.png (169KB, 1372x667px) Image search: [Google]
Ashlands.png
169KB, 1372x667px
What would you add to this?
>>
File: 1379497206235.jpg (365KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1379497206235.jpg
365KB, 1500x1500px
>>52303460
Carolina needs to be bigger.
>>
>>52303460

>gulf republic
>not Kingdom of Florida
>>
>>52303460
>Mojave Union
>In the Sonora Desert
>>
>>52303563
Florida is 100% an empire. Hell, they probably have a wall & moat filled with Gators at their northern border.
>>
why would the USA collapse if DC is far outside of reach of the super volcano? Wouldn't it make sense for the federal government to keep direct control of the east coast and attempt to organize relief missions while a new refugee crisis spawns as millions flee from the deadlands and a new ice age begins?
>>
>Empire State
>Delmar (which includes Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia & Maryland
>>
File: 4ce.png (253KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
4ce.png
253KB, 500x599px
>>52303605
And where is Florida Man in this regime?
>>
>>52303656
not that anon but i imagine florida man is like big brother for the gulf republic, but the fucked up version, and also kind of gas station mythological in addition to being state sponsored.
>>
>>52303656
>>52303668
>big brother is watching
>florida man is holding your beer for you
but somehow it kind of works out
>>
File: political-map-of-North-Amer[1].gif (504KB, 1412x1100px) Image search: [Google]
political-map-of-North-Amer[1].gif
504KB, 1412x1100px
>>52303460
How should Canada be divided up?
>>
>>52303710
literally who cares
>>
>>52303614
Yeah, I don't get why federal government seems to be down in this scenario. Catastrophe like this would ironically probably strengthen it as there would be smaller area to rule.
>>
>>52303710
the exact same way it is right now

Canada is already a wasteland with maybe 3 inhabitable places, one of which is only habitable to the french
>>
>>52303460
Why would someone nuke Wyoming?
>>
>>52304001
that's no nuke. It's just as bad if not worse https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Caldera
>>
>>52303460
I would ask what happened to West Virginia, and are we still nigh-impossible to wage conventional warfare against?
>>
>>52303460
>gulf republic stops fifty miles short of the Mississippi

Why?
>>
>>52303460
Why is Alaska colonizing the pacific northwest? It should be controlled by British Columbia, California, Washington or hell even Oregon before fucking Alaska.
>>
>>52303460
Yellowstone?
Anyway, it needs Mormon diaspora, preferably on the warpath towards Jackson County, Missouri.
>>
>>52303460
>What would you add to this?

Actual thinking instead relying on stale tropes?

1st, as others have pointed out, why has the Federal gov't disappeared?

2nd, apart from laziness, ignorance, and idiocy, why do you successor states follow existing state borders?

There are cultural and economic regions within the US that all but ignore state borders. Northern New England, for example, is basically united in it's HATRED for Massachusetts and the Massholes who live there. Western CT is linked more to NY/NYC than any part of New England.

The current Piedmont regions of the states in your future "Carolina Confederacy" have little to do with coastal regions in the same and have much more in common with the Appalachian regions of KY & TN.

Having the Alaskan panhandle united with the rest of Alaska instead of some BC successor state is complete douchebaggery, just as having a united Alaska is.

MI's UP has more in common with MN than Detroit and having a single TX polity controlling TX's pre-eruption borders is asinine.

TL;DR - Pull your head out of your ass, read books like "The Nine Nations of North America", do some actual thinking, and try again.
>>
>>52303460
>North Eastern coalition
>implying us Rhode Islanders would ever willingly work with Massholes
>>
File: 1452410492924.jpg (41KB, 720x396px) Image search: [Google]
1452410492924.jpg
41KB, 720x396px
>>52304180
not sure if you're being hyperbolic but over all this is a good post.
>>
>>52304214
>>implying us Rhode Islanders would ever willingly work with Massholes
>>Northern New England, for example, is basically united in it's HATRED for Massachusetts and the Massholes who live there.

Read those two statements, OP, and remember that is just one small region of your map.

Ditch this shit and start over.
>>
>>52304264
>not sure if you're being hyperbolic but over all this is a good post.

Thanks. Sadly, sometimes being hyperbolic is the only way to get people to listen.
>>
>>52303460

First, the rest of the world.

No wait, first listen to the other major complaints of the thread then add the rest of the world cause a major superpower blowing up would not go down in a vacuum.

Then I'd think long and hard about what happens when you displace so many millions of people and kill of so much farmland and pastures combined with a volcanic winter that would cause food shortages world wide.

So basically first off there aint a single unclaimed region outside the inner ashlands because any place that has a remote chance of providing any food is now totally overcrowded.
>>
Alright, so let's clarify some things about this map and the project in general for those who don't know.

It was called the Ashlands, and was basically a very silly, very off the cuff post Apoc setting that /k/ came up with. I came in around the second thread, and somehow ended up being the curator and facilitator.

Here's the pastebin if anyone is interested in reading them .http://pastebin.com/c8exhsjy

There's some good stuff in there, including these crazy ass versions of Skinwalkers that live in the Ash, Colorodians fighting Neo Aztecs, Special Reconnaissance Units founded using old AF planes that make HALO drops into the Ash, and so on.

Yes, we knew the borders were silly. Yes we knew the government probably wouldn't fail in this scenario, so we handwaved it. The reason it fell apart is because A) /k/ommandos aren't much into the role play and creativity, and B)>>52304214 interstate squabbling.

I stopped pushing it because we were ded, but I really liked it, so if you elegan/tg/entlemen want to give it a whirl, I'll be around.
>>
>>52304424
To reiterate the silliness, Texas and the Carolinas had a Cold war over barbeque, and Florida became a giant anarchists paradise after a Super Storm flooded nearly the entire state. NYC became a bandit kings HQ, which was basically just Escape from NY, and there was a huge border chokepoint in WV (or maybe VA, I don't actually remember) where marauders and bandits constantly attacked, trying to push into the fertile, soft South.
>>
>>52304424
maybe try keeping the govt together but ramp up the threat possed by these beings of fire and other spiritual shit
>>
>>52303460
First, a better map of a potential Yellowstone Supervolcano's impact. I would get you one but I'm on my phone and frankly they're all over the internet with varying levels of accuracy. Hint, prevailing winds and mountain chains mean that the ash is blowing a bit less west and a lot more east than you think.

Second, might want to rethink your map some. Why is New England suddenly on its own? Past Pennsylvania it's all maple syrup, potatoes, and trees. The moose outnumber the people in rural Maine. Why for that matter, is half the eastern seaboard divvied up between New England and the South while leaving several major ports and metropolitan areas blank. DC is right near Norfolk and Maryland, and New York City might be a craven overcrowded mess but it's still a major port. Expect the Federal government and National Guard to step in. They do have contingencies for this so there would be some presence at least on the East coast.

Assuming this is a few years after the fact, there is the USN to consider. They'll be the least initially damaged and likely the most logistically prioritized branch of the US military. The great plains are a write off, as is most of California due to water shortages, Florida loses a lot of vulnerable agricultural production, cash crops in the south such as soy and cotton are probably traded for food crops of any sort. Thousands will die in the eruption. Millions will starve in America. Hundreds of millions worldwide. Expect a lot of wars as global warming suddenly reverses for a decade. Russia will probably make a lot of pushes along its borders. Expect China to do the same. The US may try to move the border south some to make up for half the nation being under half a foot of ash slurry.
>>
>>52304180
>why do you successor states follow existing state borders?
This is my biggest problem with the map.
>>
>>52304539
A lot of the gaps exist simply because no one ever wrote anything for them. This was a collaborative effort, where someone presented something, we discussed it, and it got implemented. Things that are blank aren't just empty space, they're just blank. Besides, that's one of the older maps.
>>52304499
I forgot all about the Fire beings. I might actually do some writing tonight.
>>
>>52304665
if possible to do you the eruption map that has the state borders but not the other poltical stuff
>>
>>52303460
Is this post nuclear? If so, why was the bomb dropped on fucking nothing?
>>
>>52304723
its not that's the yellow stone super volcano
if it erupts it would cause a huge amount of destruction
>>
>>52304698
There might be one in the old threads, I don't have it, phoneposting.
>>
File: accidental_laugh.gif (3MB, 320x272px) Image search: [Google]
accidental_laugh.gif
3MB, 320x272px
>>52304577
I actually remember part of the reason was that the guy who made the made didn't have PS and couldn't make layers, so he had to hand draw all the colors and shit in Paint, and basically didn't want to download a different map. No one else wanted to do it so we just rolled with it.
>>
>>52303460
>Any confederacy in the south not controlled by Georgia.
>If not Georgia one of the Carolina's

Please stop. Georgia always has been the economic and cultural center of the south
>>
Are the ashlands meant to be a nuclear fallout zone? Who would nuke montana?
>>
File: YellowstoneFalloutAshBed.gif (94KB, 580x377px) Image search: [Google]
YellowstoneFalloutAshBed.gif
94KB, 580x377px
First you need to set a year it goes off, then the campaign year.
FEMA would claim all of it to begin with, and most places would not oppose them at first.
>>
Lake Ontario demands representation in the Great Lakes Coalition
>>
>>52304964
Yellowstone Volcano eruption.

Dead Zone is self explanatory.
Deep Zone in pretty much uninhabitable.
Ashlands and Outer Ashlands are covered in volcanic ash.
>>
>>52304995
>Ashlands and Outer Ashlands are covered in volcanic ash.
Everything would be covered in volcanic ash, Saint Helens circled the world, Yellowstone would smother it.
>>
>>52304979
State governments have armed forces. State borders would probably be retained if the state government still had men and bullets. There is a good chance that years of 'nuclear type' winter will make southern Gulf States esp. Georgia and Florida the prime ag land.
The SW states will annex part of Mexico if their situation is bad enough, and they have the firepower. Millions will sneak south into Mexico anyway.
>>
>>52304950
Old map, GA is a huge player in the Confederacy, it was just started by the Carolinas in their Cold War against TX. Which was over BBQ
>>52304964
There's some serious mystical/spooky shit going on in the Ash. No one has ever returned from The Dead Zone.
>>52304979
It was agreed that the setting for the stories/campaign was around 30-40 years post eruption if I recall correctly. Magic and weird shit man. Long enough for people to have adapted to living in the Outer Ash. And yes they're called ashlanders.
>>52304994
Write something. That's the original spirit after all.
>>
>>52305089
The Texas Expeditionary force is what started the whole thing, amusingly enough.
>>
File: ashland.png (147KB, 1372x667px) Image search: [Google]
ashland.png
147KB, 1372x667px
this is a quick redraw for the map if you wanted to do it with the USA still together
I haven't added the guide yet but its going to show how fucked the states were depending on where they are in the ashlands
W.I.P.
>>
>Mojave Union

So we've got little to eat and even less to drink. We're gonna be a powerhouse!

>expeditionary forces
Not exactly a term that makes a lot of sense when you're within the borders of your own territory, as these often seem to be.

And since we have fully coloured, and thus I assume relatively civilised bits as deep as the ashland,s what's up with the large white parts even outside of the outer ashlands?

And keep in mind that volcanic ash quickly turns into very fertile soil.
>>
>>52305149
The ashlands should follow prevailing winds, not sure how they flow from that region but my guess would be south and east.
>>
>>52305200
I used OPs map so it might not show devastation as it should.

Handwave answer: OP said there was some magical shit going so that might be why its not following weather patterns.
>>
I think people would be too busy trying not to starve and freeze to death.

It's hypothesized that the cause of the last Ice Age is because of the Yellowstone Eruption.

The global average temperature will drop by over 20 celsius. That's GLOBAL, not local.

It wouldn't be the ashlands, it would be the FROZEN ashlands, and there would be little to no reason to explore there as your number one priority would be desperately getting enough food to survive, which is pretty much guaranteed not to be located beneath billions of tons of ash.
>>
>>52305259
There would be plenty of food under the ash depending on how many people die from their lungs clogging up, or flee to better areas, ect. Canned goods and some dried goods will last practically forever.
Also predisaster manufactured goods would probably be super valuable to barter with.
>>
>ITT: "I didn't read the thread, is OP's pic supposed to be a nuclear explosion"
>>
>>52305259
With the magical things happening maybe some mystics were trying to bring forth fiery spirits that would bring usher in a volcanic apocalypse but they botched the ritual.
Which only caused some minor eruptions that didn't lead to a global ice age.

And that's where the adventure begins.

People sent by the government or of their own initiative go in after things have calmed down enough and the situation with refugee and resources crisis is brought somewhat under control.
>>
>>52303710
Fun Fact.
Several Canadian provinces have plans in place to be annexed by the US should the Canadian Government collapse.
>>
>>52305193
>Mojave union
They're not a powerhouse per se, they're just a group of people with enough arms and bodies to form a somewhat coherent group of isolated villages/towns that cooperate and trade with one another, and share a protective body.
>Expeditionary Forces
They don't stay in their own territory, the Explore into the Ash for, well, whatever I guess.
>white bits
Just empty space nobody filled. Again, this was a collaborative project on /k/. Anyone could contribute, and anyone could set things up. I just became the curator of the threads and "lore".
>>52305200
Correct answer? A bunch of /k/ommandos writing stories about mustachioed and heavily armed Texans riding slapped together choppers into the Ashlands in search of Old World remnants couldnt be assed to actually look into weather patterns and shit.
>>52305259
We're just trying to have fun man, not write the Road.
>>52305319
This, holy fuck.
>>52305328
That's...thats actually pretty good anon.
>>
Delmarva Trade Federation

Delaware, Virginia, and Maryland if you aren't from here.
>>
File: ash thickness layer.jpg (76KB, 900x696px) Image search: [Google]
ash thickness layer.jpg
76KB, 900x696px
>>52305328
>>52305307
That food would probably be consumed within a few years though, wouldn't it?

There's also a lack of sunlight.

Not only is it fucking freezing, you haven't seen the sun in your lifetime.

And everything is covered by a small layer of ash, making this the grayest and bleakest setting imaginable.
>>
File: 1392323780827.png (81KB, 482x331px) Image search: [Google]
1392323780827.png
81KB, 482x331px
>>52304539
>Millions will starve in America. Hundreds of millions worldwide.

This is gonna be a great time for farming countries.
>>
>>52304042
Why they don't sacrifice the park to drill a series of small holes into the caldera to vent pressure before it explodes is beyond me.
>>
>>52305390
Because trucking around with plate tectonics when we barely understand how they work is asking for the gods to step down and smack you personally.
>>
>>52305390
Because that's how we accidentally summons Cthulhu
>>
>>52305089
Friday 13th, 2018. Yellowstone Supervolcano erupts gloriously. In addition to what geologists predicted, bizarre minerals (later dubbed 'Chaos Diamonds') are ejected as far as hundreds of miles away. They have different paranormal effects.

2018- 2028 The Years Without Much Summer.
FEMA takes over the US Gvt entirely for 5 years. Gulf States and Eastern Seaboard States create coalitions to protect common interests. US Gvt reclaims power from FEMA.

~2030 World climate mostly returns to normal.

2051AD Weird mutant Yellowstoners from the Badlands continue to cause problems.

>>52305390
Wow.
>>
>>52305390
Because historically, most eruptions in the yellowstone are minor lava spills that do exactly that, vent pressure, not explosive in any way.

There's only been 3 mega-eruptions of the mass extinction kind.
>>
>>52305344
Here's a start
Its 2 years after the initial eruption and the US government has managed to finally get control of the situation after the mass migrations towards the east. Many of the Texans have tried to ride out the storm and some have actually managed to thrive in this situation(The Players.).

The government has notice certain ash cloud movements blanketing regions in the outer Ashlands that were once considered somewhat safe. Leaving almost no survivors those who have are mad some speak as if the ash is alive.

With growing public concern teams are getting sent to push further in and find out just what has happened. The players are pulled into this initiative either being hired volunteering or having been part of the US military to help guard scientist.

As they push into north Texas from the which is part of the Ashland they'll encounter a tribe of Native Americans who will give them the first insight into what's really happening in what they call The Lands of Fire.....
>>
>>52303460
There really should be a US Government Holdout either in the DC region or in the Cheyenne Mountains
>>
>>52305390
>Why they don't sacrifice the park to drill a series of small holes into the caldera to vent pressure before it explodes is beyond me.
Yes, we can tell, despite your cartoonish grasp of geology.
>>
>>52305343
I bet Alberta is one of them. Bunch of fucking traitors, American-wannabes, with their oil and country music.
>>
File: Weird Mutant Yellowstoners.jpg (1MB, 1862x2782px) Image search: [Google]
Weird Mutant Yellowstoners.jpg
1MB, 1862x2782px
>>52305435
I nuked Yellowstone in my GammaWorld setting, worked out pretty well.
Nice topic OP, here is the cover for our new book.
>>
>>52305591
Alberta is one of them. So is Ottawa
>>
>>52303614
>>52303811
/k/ created the setting, and had a boner for the Federal government collapsing so Texas can go alone because its the best. They called it The Fortress State
>>
File: Alt History Campaigns.jpg (3MB, 1600x2009px) Image search: [Google]
Alt History Campaigns.jpg
3MB, 1600x2009px
>>
>>52306055
Keep it, them Texans probably would.
Texas is not likely to suffer that much directly from the event in comparison to further North.
I really don't see the Federal gvt collapsing under this scenario. If something else happened like a foreign invasion, or a plague storm that sweeps across the the entire country. 12 nukes dropped off the Eastern Seaboard 6 months after the Yellowstone Event would probably break the Federal gvt. and probably the gvt of the states affected.
>>
>>52303460
>The Deep Zone
What's in the Deep Zone? Is Salt Lake like Pompeii now, except less graffiti about defecation?
Will the Mormons suddenly become Aiel, but with Browning firearms?
>>
File: Spine_of_the_World.jpg (726KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Spine_of_the_World.jpg
726KB, 2048x1536px
>>52306297
And of course my pic goes missing
>>
>>52306297
my gyess its where some powerful fire beings were summoned forth and have built there own nation within that's full of magically mutated wildlife and a small nation of flame worshipers
>>
>>52305378
I think you misunderstand a supervolcano eruption. Billions will starve because there will be NO farming countries for a few decades. No power either except for maybe centralized plants like coal or nuclear if they can still get fuel in. Solar, hydro, and wind are fucked. No power also means no manufacturing, and for the first few months even radio will be shit with the ash in the atmosphere.
There's a good chance the human race will survive, we're everywhere and have survived before, but this will kill civilization.
>>
>>52303605
Plant sawgrass, no wall necessary
>>
>>52305343
Fun Fact
The Canadian Province of Newfoundland was its own country up until around just after WWII. It had a large US military presence during and for a while after the war. It almost became a state because of how much the US had helped the island, giving it a huge economic boost, and helping to modernize the island. However for some reason they joined Canada, despite having very few reasons to join Canada. Canada only cared because they didn't want a second Alaska. In the end the US lost a huge strategic point, being the most eastenrly point of the Americas. In the end Canada gains a shitty source of oil, destroyed the most plentiful fishing ground in human history with trawling within 30 years, and generally gave zero shits about the 500k people living there.
>>
>>52305436
Yeah they occur what, every 600-650 thousand years? And iirc the last was 650 thousand some years ago.
Plus ground level and heat in the park is rising, and old faithful isn't anymore.
>>
>>52304665
>This was a collaborative effort

And a shitty one at that.

Blaming everything on a Confederacy of Dunces is an excuse and not a reason. Using such an excuse means you already knew the setting was shit and was produced by fools.

Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>52304146
>Mississippi
>>
>>52306419
You misunderstand, though from your tone I take it you don't actually want to be helpful to OP or participate. And no, I'm not OP, no it's not MY setting, no I'm not defending the low quality of the overall theme.

I just happened upon this thread this morning on my way into work, and decided to give all of the necessary information since I was the curator for the old threads.

But here's your (you), enjoy it.
>>
>>52305343
Why the fuck would the Canadian Government collapse? Also, the American white trash tinfoilers would think that annexxing parts of Canada would be the first signs of American Union nightmare scenerio that leads to a One World Government and go ballistic and counts a lot of senators their jobs.

Not to mention how hard it would be to shift government standards, cultural transistions, and the whole shitfest it would be to convert millions of people's money into American dollars.
>>
>>52306842
>phoneposting
>>
>>52306842
Not as hard as you think.

If the perceived justification for a hostile takeover hits a critical saturation point in the common mindset then nobody cares. Or at least not enough people care enough for it to matter. A bit of white trash chimping out in their tailors at the T.V. is not worth noting given that most of them can't work up the enthusiasm to vote.

Money conversion isn't a problem. It's just doing what happened to the Spanish Pesos and all the other currencies but into an already existing and stable currency.

A bunch of politicians loosing their job is just backgoound noise as far as the average peasant is concerned. It doesn't mean anything to their day to day lives.

The only bump in the road to achieving this end would be the comparisons in the minds of the herd to the 1812 war. But how saturated is that in the mind of the masses? Genuine question, I'm not American so I don't know for sure. I imagine it's like Britain inventing the first concentration camps in the African colonies or the Opium Wars in regards to thing not drawn attention to.
>>
>>52305089
>>52305089
I know that /k/ and most innawoods Clapburgers think that they're at constant war with FEMA/the US Government, but most state governments would be more concerned about the fact that a giant volcanic eruption that has most certainly destroyed their country than whether or not FEMA is going to take away your guns. Only an idiot would be standing in the scorched remains of their land screaming about the 2nd Amendment while their government is scrambling to find a way to keep the unexploded parts of America from collapsing.
>>
>>52306842
>Not to mention how hard it would be to shift government standards, cultural transistions, and the whole shitfest it would be to convert millions of people's money into American dollars.
Hence why plans are already in place for such a transition.
>>
>>52306842
>Why the fuck would the Canadian Government collapse?
It's literally just there as a precaution. No one expects the Canadian govt to collapse.
>>
>>52303460
Needs the kingdom of Gary, Indiana
>>
>>52306842
>Why the fuck would the Canadian Government collapse?

Who the fuck knows? I do know that when I was working as a tech rep in Estevan, Saskatchewan during the Meech Lake Accords fiasco otherwise sober and educated Canucks seriously asked me what the requirements for US statehood are.

I'm not talking about Joe Six Pack sucking down a Labatt's at the bar while watching Hockey Night or standing in line at Tim Horton's either. These were directors and VPs at power plants, shale oil facilities, and the like.
>>
>>52303460
They're not expeditionary forces if they're stationned in their own country.
>>
File: Ashlands.png (181KB, 1372x667px) Image search: [Google]
Ashlands.png
181KB, 1372x667px
Ops given me ideas which I used to make this map because I was bored. Its based on a lot of the information I read and some stuff I made up on my own.
>>
>>52306945
>>52306988
>>52307008
I'm assuming that the person who talked about the Canadian government collapsing has nothing to do with someone invading their country, but it becoming too unstable to work. The absolute main thing about how this wouldn't work is the vitriolic anger Americans have for the government doing things without asking them first. The entirety of American politics as of late seems to be the America has an insanely tight budget and can't afford to do something as crazy as having at least two giant provinces from another country on standby for state-hood that Americans don't get to yay or nay.
>>
>>52303460
The Mojave is not at all where you put it. It's well to the north.
>>
>>52308588
>The absolute main thing about how this wouldn't work is the vitriolic anger Americans have for the government doing things without asking them first.

Not that asking would help, the answer would be no. Because the government doing anything is tyranny, and anything they fail to get done is simply proof that government can never do anything for you.
>>
>>52306546
What stopped the river flowing from Minnesota?
>>
File: PostApokalypse.png (479KB, 742x625px) Image search: [Google]
PostApokalypse.png
479KB, 742x625px
>>52303460
Molemen.
>>
>>52303460
What happens to canada?
>>
>>52309588
stuff in the ashlands gets wrecked with mass die offs and possibly Americas migrating there
US and Canada will probably start a joint effort to find out whats going on?
>>
>>52303460
Flordia would be a monster in this setting
They have the company that produces the majority of planes and boats in america, are a easily to trade with, have and natural defenses, and have disney
>>
>>52308506
>Eruption of Yellow Stone due to unknown causes
>unknown causes
>unknown
>causes

Well, at least climatologists aren't the only scientists who politicians ignore.
>>
>>52303460
More nukes. Just turn the whole country into a crater
>>
>>52309256
>tunnels
>anywhere in southern Louisiana or Mississippi

Not gonna fly unless these molemen got some serious coin to spend on infrastructure.
>>
>>52309865
I got this idea with the stuff OP gave us that the eruption had a magical cause which is why the government and almost everyone else was caught so unprepared
>>
>>52310030
Well, the people down there pretty much the wealthiest guys around before loosing all their money to eldritch tentacle monsters.
>>
>>52309962
>didn't read lol
>>
>>52305343
Fun fact:
Several northern US cities have similar plans for joining Canada if the American government collapses.
>>
>>52306390
> In the end Canada gains a shitty source of oil, destroyed the most plentiful fishing ground in human history with trawling within 30 years, and generally gave zero shits about the 500k people living there.

We would have done the same, don't try to deny it.
>>
>>52311068
Yeah, all right. When you put it that way, I'll buy it.
>>
>>52309588
I imagine the Great Lakes faction would exist on both sides of the border, extending out from the lakes in all directions.

Western Canada would be mostly ash.
>>
>>52308506

>Tan on white
>Bright yellow on white

What the fuck is wrong with you? Did you even look at your own screen when you put that text there?

You don't need to know a fucking thing about colors and contrast and shit to fucking see how retarded that is.
>>
>>52303460
>Northern Minnesota
>Having anything in it at all

Nigga, you fucked up.
>>
Mabe we luck out and it's just a 1650s style Little Ice Age.
>>
>>52311449
True
>>
>>52303460
>implying San Francisco won't exist after this

Heretic.
>>
>>52311449
>We would have done the same, don't try to deny it.

We would have done it faster.
>>
>Alaska claims Washington State and Oregon
>No Cascadian Republic
>No Hawaiian nation/nations
0/10 would not conquer
>>
>>52306398 However, most Yellowstone eruptions are relatively wimpy; it only ever goes 'supervolcano' under particular rare conditions. We know more about what's going on under Yellowstone than just the average time between events, too. The magma chamber under Yellowstone is nowhere near full, which means that if any eruption were to occur, it wouldn't be one of the catastrophically explosive events.

We might not be able to predict exactly when Yellowstone will erupt, and we know that it should be geologically soon just from a statistical perspective, but we actually do have enough information to say with confidence that it's not going off tomorrow.
>>
>>52303460
Is this just horizon zero dawn?
>>
>>52303460
>Carolina Confederacy

As a Virginian, what the fuck is this bullshit.

Virginia is the only true capital of the Confederacy.
>>
>>52303460
Florida would never join a union with Alabama unless that portion of the Gulf Republic was labeled 'the slave fields'.

And this isn't liberal/conservative shit either. We just fucking despise each other.
>>
File: arizona-flag.jpg (1MB, 1300x1600px) Image search: [Google]
arizona-flag.jpg
1MB, 1300x1600px
>>52303460
why the fuck do you have arizona allied with california.
>>
>>52303460
Something that explains what the dots/hashes are
>>
>>52308506

U.S. government only really exists East of the Mississippi. San Diego-Tijuana illegal regime making dough selling bogus concession rights to California salvage in the tan and yellow zone to overseas firms.

Texas government covertly sending missions into wasteland to recover nuclear weapons to guarantee independence.
>>
>>52314721
are you OP?
>>
>>52314721
If texas broke away today it would have something like the second largest air force in the world and be a nuclear armed state.

I can see them trying to salvage nukes, but it would 'a few more is nice' not 'with these, no one will stop us!'
>>
>>52310030
>Not gonna fly unless these molemen got some serious coin to spend on infrastructure.
Snorkels
>>
>>52307206
>These were directors and VPs at power plants, shale oil facilities
There's your answer, they just want ways around environmental regulations.
>>
>>52308506

>Pale purple, tan & vivid yellow text on white background.

I, too, enjoy recreational eye-strain.
>>
>>52315644
I am aware of this it was something I made when I was bored not a final picture
>>
>Implying Western Washington isn't relatively safe
Thank you based Cascade Mountains
>>
>>52305378
there is going to be a decade long global winter after the eruption.
>>
>>52315689
Then why did you post this iteration of it?
>>
File: Ashlands 2.png (184KB, 1370x662px) Image search: [Google]
Ashlands 2.png
184KB, 1370x662px
>>52316708
Because I was bored and made it for the hell of it. Here's a better one.
>>
>>52317151
>Fucked up the labeling for the partially stabilized zones.
God dammit.
>>
>>52317151
>Massive devestation due to proximity to deep zone. More people died from the ash then survived. Small number of towns an military ases are the only safety from deadly condition.

>Military Vases
Alright guys time to tactically enter this pottery.
>>
>>52317449
And now I know why its important to spend 100+ hours when doing this shit in MS paint.
>>
>>52304165
This. What the fuck. Do mainland continental Americans not realize how fucking far away Alaska is from them? I'm from BC, and there's no way in fuck I would ever go to Alaska. There are a multitude of cities out there that straight up have no road connections to anywhere else and are separated by hundreds of miles. If somebody drops a nuke on the US, Alaskans wouldn't give have a flying fuck.

Also what the fuck kind of bomb has a radius that huge?
>>
>>52317678
its yellow stone volcano
>>
>>52317678
>What is Yellowstone?
>>
>>52317678

>Also what the fuck kind of bomb has a radius that huge?

Not sure if sarcasm or not so here's the link: - https://youtu.be/tNxnp_dXMOo

TL;DW : - It's the super-volcano under Yellowstone Park, not a nuke.
>>
>>52317678
>bomb
neck yourself
>>
Maybe some kind of native american coalition of tribes.
>>
>>52317678
>bomb
this fag couldn't even take the time to google what the strange words on the map meant
>>
>>52303460
Wouldn't the rocky mountains effect fallout dispersal?
>>
>>52319586
Given geologic records from previous eruptions of said volcano, not much. The prevailing winds would, though. Actual eruption would push south and east. Distance if Ash fall to the north and west would be negligible. That being said, there would be global rammifications from all the shit this thing would love into the atmosphere.
>>
File: America.png (1MB, 4506x2736px) Image search: [Google]
America.png
1MB, 4506x2736px
>Not having best USA split
Bonus if anyone can name what this is from
>>
>>52308588
As a Canadian I have my doubts that Canada will be a thing 20 years from now. I have to travel a lot for work and in the past couple years I can't remember the last time I met someone who considered themselves Canadian.

I'd put BC as an independent colony, Alberta trying to be their own country, northern territories breaking off due to lack of federal money and the rest just balkanizing into barely functional independent cities with lip service to Canada still existing.

Most people in Canada do not care who's flag is on the pole. I know I'm happy that I'm paid in USD considering how badly the CND tanked.
>>
>>52303460
Are the zones dead determined by the amount of sunlight penetrating the ash cover in those zones? Because the soil a year after any volcano's eruption would be the most fertile, mineral-rich and least polluted on the planet, it would be ideal raising a agrarian-industrial civilization.
>>
>>52321487
Every time I see a map where North Dakota allies with Minnesota or South Dakota rather than Montana, I immediately discount the map as garbage because the creator clearly knows nothing about flyover country.
>>
>>52314739
>If texas broke away today it would have something like the second largest air force in the world

Not even close? Right now, the US Air Force is the largest aerial force in the world, but Russia is behind by only a few hundred planes and attack helicopters. China and India, as well, both have more than two thousand military aircraft and hundreds of attack helicopters.

Texas' Air National Guard consists of the 11th Reconnaissance Squadron, the 181st Airlift Squadron, and the 182nd Fighter Squadron. Their total air power is maybe a hundred or two hundred aircraft total (I can't seem to find any numbers, but I do know that the TOTAL military aircraft in the United States is about 3,600 and the TOTAL attack helicopters are about 1,800, and Texas' National Guard CANNOT have a large enough portion of those to overcome Russia, China, and India were it to go independent).
>>
>>52321487
>Bonus if anyone can name what this is from

Historically & Sociologically Illiterate Douchebags R Us?
>>
>>52321487
>All these retarded names
>Nebraska
I chuckled.

Also, Northwest protectorate wouldn't want inland NorCal. Everything East of the King Range and North of Sonoma would likely be ceded to Deseret.
>>
>>52321487
So New York City gets an entire country named after it, but somehow can't take even a single fucking piece of upstate? Like the borders end at Yonkers? Not to mention Texas just chilling in its old borders and south Florida remaining intact. And what the fuck is up with that New America shit?
>>
File: 1465409788650.jpg (435KB, 2048x1364px) Image search: [Google]
1465409788650.jpg
435KB, 2048x1364px
>>52306842
your government is already so fucked up that blowing dogs was made legal and some guy might face jail time for refusing to use a tranny's pronouns

you guys are fucked lmao
>>
>>52324192
The US Navy is the second largest Air Force in the World
>>
Presented, for /tg/'s consideration, my silly idea of what an America divided today might look like. I tried to take culture, geography and politics into account, but I didn't try very hard and I'm a NYC fag so feel free to call out bullshit.

Pink: The Glorious People's Republic of California

Light Blue (North): The Free Ranges

Black: Mormanland

Yellow: Corn!

Red: TEXAS

Green: The Midwest Federation (I figured most of the area is similar enough to stick together, and I gave them most of Missouri cuz of Kansas City)

Brown: Appalachia

Blue: The One and Only True United States

Orange: New York City and other, lesser places

Dark Red: New England

Light Blue (South): The New Confederacy

Grey: The Colossal Fucking Mess That Is South Florida
>>
File: broadly speaking.jpg (22KB, 370x415px) Image search: [Google]
broadly speaking.jpg
22KB, 370x415px
>>52325653
Californiafag here, lived in 3 very different parts of my state over the course of my life, as well as briefly in Paradise Nevada. Without a federal government giving us a reason to remain consolidated as a singular political entity, California would be heavily divided. The Bay Area, Central Coast, and Los Angeles (technically the San Gabriel valley, but that's a personal nitpick) regions would likely form an independent state, with the Sacramento and High Sierra regions joining Nevada as the new nation of Sierra, Northern California joining the Pacific Northwestern Partnership, the Inland Empire joining Texas, San Diego/Imperial becoming part of Mexico again, and the Central Valley being partitioned off to all adjoining nations because farmland and lack of natural defenses.
>>
File: map.jpg (186KB, 1298x805px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
186KB, 1298x805px
>>52325653
I can't really speak for anywhere else in the country, but the Dakota/Minnesota border should be at Valley City, not the current ND border. There's a very sharp cultural, social, and economic divide between the ag country of the west and the Red River Valley wannabe-Minnesotans in Fargo and Grand Forks who would gladly jump at the chance to join.
>>
>>52325653

Let me make a suggestion to both you and the other well meaning morons posting "maps" in this thread: Stop using a political map of the US' Lower 48.

Instead, get a map of North America - That is the US, Canada, Mexico, and Central America north of the Darien watershed - without political boundaries and with rivers, mountain ranges, and other geological features.

The borders of your post-apoc polities will follow those geological boundaries and not the pre-apoc political borders.
>>
>>52325336
It's the second largest aerial combat force, but it's not the second largest air force. It's a navy.
>>
>>52326049
>>52326169
Thanks for the knowledge. This is the sort of stuff I was able to (somewhat) do for the northeast (and fucking Florida), but couldn't for the rest of the country.

>>52326366
Good idea, but also requires effort.
>>
File: RiaAnderson-RFDeseret-2011b.png (43KB, 500x541px) Image search: [Google]
RiaAnderson-RFDeseret-2011b.png
43KB, 500x541px
>>52321487
It would just be Deseret.

It would be nice if they also used the Deseret alphabet.
>>
>>52321487
The mormon country is pretty close to what would actually happen.

I'd just say they would get less of Colorado, more of Montana. And dip into Arizona and New Mexico. Basically they would claim a lot of the Rockies.
>>
>>52326517
>Good idea, but also requires effort.

/thread.
>>
>>52326663
kek
>>
>>52314790
kek
>>
As long as the Trace Italian is still in Kansas, I'm fine.
>>
File: north dakota.jpg (157KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
north dakota.jpg
157KB, 500x399px
>>52326366
>Instead, get a map of North America - That is the US, Canada, Mexico, and Central America north of the Darien watershed - without political boundaries and with rivers, mountain ranges, and other geological features.

I've got a better idea. Get a map that shows ICBM placement, and divvy up territory based on who's got the most nukes.
>>
>>52326770
Also found this, likely because of my goobble
>>
File: WGF Map.png (858KB, 984x700px) Image search: [Google]
WGF Map.png
858KB, 984x700px
>>52326559
>>52326525
>>52325238
>>52325140
>>52325029
>>52323896
It's from When Gravity Fails, the setting that balkanizes everything for fun.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.