[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 426
Thread images: 66

File: 1484825636066.jpg (588KB, 1500x1547px) Image search: [Google]
1484825636066.jpg
588KB, 1500x1547px
Around Elves Watch Yourselves Edition
Get the fuck out of Ghyran Quickblood Vermin Sub Edition

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>Current Rumors
http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/

Old Thread:
>>52277856
>>
>>52293394
>ywn have a three way with Alarielle and Celestine
>>
File: asdfafasdfasdfg.png (60KB, 891x743px) Image search: [Google]
asdfafasdfasdfg.png
60KB, 891x743px
First for the trees
>>
>>52293394
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/21/tactical-toolbox-deployment/

Neat.
>>
Third for Alarielle will never crush your head between her ginormous thighs
>why even live?
>>
>>52293438
>Celestine
>not a three way with Alarielle and Yrvainne
Shit tastes/10 anon
>>
>Alarielle demands you come to her bedchamber at her palace among the jade kingdoms while in her T H I C C aspect and lay with her

Wat do anon?
>>
File: 1490127732651.jpg (252KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1490127732651.jpg
252KB, 750x1000px
I am finally finished with the herdstone
>1/3
>>
File: 1490127807291.jpg (211KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1490127807291.jpg
211KB, 750x1000px
>>52293580
>2/3
>>
>>52293579
>Wakeup
>>
File: 300px-Valkia.jpg (19KB, 300x261px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Valkia.jpg
19KB, 300x261px
I know it's more Khorne but plastic Valkia when?

Her rules are much better than in FB but that brittle ugly resin model doesn't do it for me.

Also still confused about her status. She has the mortal keyword but her fluff clearly shows her as a Daemon Princess, living in the Realm of Chaos and all??
>>
File: 1490127883499.jpg (215KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1490127883499.jpg
215KB, 750x1000px
>>52293605
>3/3
>>
>>52293493
We need fan-art of her. We need more art of her at least. I'm going to bug the people at draw thread, can someone join me?
>>
>>52293580
I think the rock, chaos warriors shield and base all blend together, maybe consider doing the shield a different colour, also the bone could probably do with one more highlight on the uppermost raised areas just to make it pop more.
>>
>ywn lick sweet nectar from Alarielles inner thighs as Morathi pegs you from behind
Why live?
>>
File: 99810204003_TreekinNEW02.jpg (39KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99810204003_TreekinNEW02.jpg
39KB, 600x620px
>>52293579
>MFW I'll never serve Alarielle because I'm trapped in the past
>>
How is the Black Orc Big Boss? I always wanted to play one in WHFB, but I never got into the hobby back then.
>>
File: IMG_1712.jpg (31KB, 239x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1712.jpg
31KB, 239x340px
FOR HASHUT
>>
>>52293774
>Manlets
>Edgelords
>neckbeards
>faggotcaps

It's like they went out of their way to make an army out of That Guys.
>>
>>52293654
>those models
WAKE ME UP
>>
File: IMG_1718.jpg (676KB, 1488x1772px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1718.jpg
676KB, 1488x1772px
>>52293863
Say that in my tower of wailing souls and not over the magic ball net and see what happens manling
>>
>>52293654
>oldfags actually prefer this shit over the new models
>>
File: 20170321_194211.jpg (1MB, 3096x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_194211.jpg
1MB, 3096x4128px
>>52293394

Terribly zoomed out picture of a dryad to contribute from recent weekend paintings.
>>
Considering stuffing a 10 man squad of Marauders in my Nurgle list to take up a cheap battleline tax, and so I can make my Plaguebearers huge

Hate the models, would Gors with Warrior helmets do you reckon?
>>
>>52294346
Bestigors with Warrior helmets and the big shields.
>>
>>52294055
>Manling

Typical quickblood vermin. Just has to be a barbarian that's calling you what you are. Is it a height thing? Men being so close to your own height compared to a tree that they just rub you wrong?

Regardless, I wouldn't take a step in your abomination of a structure if my heartwood depended on it. Why would I want to be in a neckbeard halflings house, striding among pissjugs and cumrags instead of among the glades of Ghyran?

>>52294070
I don't miss the models, I don't even own more than one. I miss the unit entry from sigmar 1.0. I really really like treekin on the tabletop and in theory. I still use a bunch (but I proxy Kings of War Forest Shamblers for them.) I just want a solid battleline unit that isn't dryads because of how flimsy the models are and how many there are of them or Tree Revenants who are just too weak, points pricy and underwhelming a unit as an armies core.
>>
Any new units for Khorne revealed?
>>
fuck off, reddit rats
>>
Are the old resin ogre models any good? I hear the older resins break easily.
>>
>>52294466
No new Khorne units with the book, it's just an update for the book to bring it in line with newer ones.
>>
>>52294273
nice paint scheme on your Branchwych, Anon. never thought of going that direction until now.
>>
>>52294495
shame, hoping for flyers or something.
>>
>>52294477
The old models were designed for metal so it's possible there might be problems. I have no finecast ogres though, so I can't confirm that.
>>
So fluffwise what's an average day in the life of a Sylvaneth like?
>>
>>52294721
Pick weeds, kill Nurgle-related baddies, plant seeds, rinse, repeat.
>>
File: WarpLightningCannon.jpg (115KB, 983x663px) Image search: [Google]
WarpLightningCannon.jpg
115KB, 983x663px
Outside of Herdstone and Dryad anon's, what's everyone working on?

I just finished up this thing. I don't have much experience with larger models, so it was new for me.
>>
>>52294808
Still can't get used to seeing 8th ed. models on round bases, would much prefer if AoS was just new models.
>>
>>52294831
That kit even came with a round base.

The square base for the Doomwheel is hilariously small though.
>>
>>52294831
Coming from someone who mostly plays 40k, it looks weird as hell to see something that seems like it should be a vehicle on a base to begin with.
>>
>>52294721
That's actually something that I didn't like about the Sylvaneth battletome. Really, it's true of most of the battletomes, but I particularly noticed it with the Sylvaneth: the only lore is really their history and how they kill stuff. No real indication on what their culture is beyond protecting nature. Even the most recent Stormcast battletome was more interesting to read than Sylvaneth.
>>
When are Ironjawz gonna get an updated book to bring it in line post-GHB?
>>
>>52294966
After BCR and Bonesplittas but before anything Death.
>>
>>52294808

I'm working on my dudes. Being as indecisive as I am with colour schemes I decided to be salomonic and paint my force in 5 different colour schemes. This colour schemes represent the shattered remnants of five orruk Fists that battled each other in the infamous WAAAGH! of da five mobs.

-Colours used: saimhain red and kantor blue (just to imitate a famous football club). Gotzmot 'Ead Rippas (10 ardboyz and a megaboss, more elaborated)
-Caliban green (10 ardboyz and a warchanter) Orklides Bashas.
-The blue used for the pauldrons of the posterboy ironjawz (10 ardboyz). Grostik's Ironlads
-Traditional metallic black (5 brutes and a warchanter). Urlak's Megafiends.
-Orange (a cool shade of it) Killagore's Faceslashas' (9 goregruntas, a warchanter, and a mawcrusha, boss of this ragtag of battered remnants).

For four days and four night the warbands fought against each other. At the dawn of the five nights the forces of Killagore claimed victory over the survivors.
>>
>>52294943
I know what you mean, It makes it hard to try and think up fluff for them apart from "They're from X place and that's about it"
>>
>>52294603

Cheers! I always liked the fire-y look of the Darksouls 3 demons and thought it might work okay on a dryad.
>>
>>52294987
I love that. I did a similar thing with my 40k Orks, except each one had a different skin color
>>
File: 2017-03-21 14.40.58.jpg (1MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-21 14.40.58.jpg
1MB, 1885x1060px
>>52294808
getting this guy done up
>>
>>52294721
The majority population group of the sylvaneth are the Forest Folk: Dryads and Branchwraiths.

Dryads are lead by the wraiths, who act as druidic spiritual leaders and chieftains. They are not a military caste. In the age of myth it was extremely rare for them to be called to war. The forest folk who were not capable of war were driven extinct more or less by the forces of nurgle, however. For many, life is very nomadic. Constant bouts of fleeing and hiding from the forces of chaos. They're VERY mercurial. Sing a lot. The more elitist of the clans look down on dryads quite harshly. They're considered by them to have ADHD, being petty. Most sylvaneth think this opinion is unfair.

Wraiths are explicitly matriarchal and maternal figures. They carry an element of the Noble Spirits within their soulpod. They're the primary "nodes" of the sylvaneth's song. a sort of mass communication method of the race.

Tree Revenants are sombre. They make up the primary Warrior Caste of the sylvaneth and are peace keepers, law enforcement, etc. They're generally lead in groups with a Treeman and a Branchwych.

Branchwyches are powerful druidic figures whose sorcery and combat skill is highly respected. THey have a special relationship with the sprites. In the eyes of the wyches, the little creatures can do no wrong and the Sprites are very fond of the wyches, coming to their aid en mass.

Treelords make up the nobility of the clans. Treelords are the most well known of the Noble Spirits and serve purposes like Royal Guards, Librarians, lords and military captains. All sylvaneth love them as fathers/mothers and would only disobey one in extreme cases. Huge swarms of Sprites make their home among the branches of the Treelords, nestled in their bark hides. They're inherently compassionate. They have an extremely deep connection to the spirit song. They communicate with one another in songs made up of streams of colour and sensation, made into language.
>>
File: Skaven strategy.png (533KB, 1424x842px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven strategy.png
533KB, 1424x842px
I'm think of setting up a game for my friend to see how he likes it, but I only have my Skaven to use. I've thrown together a couple of 900pt lists, are they vaguely balanced against each other?

>'Verminus'
>General: Skaven Warlord w/warp blade + shield
>Verminlord Warbringer

>Clanrats w/spears x20
>Clanrats w/spears x20
>Stormvermin x10
>Warpfire Thrower Team x2

>'Skryre'
>General: Warlock Engineer

>Clanrats x10 w/spears
>Clanrats x10 w/hand weapons
>Clanrats x10 w/hand weapons
>Stormfiends x3 (Warpfire, Grinderfists, Shock Gauntlets)

>Doomwheel
>Warp Lightning Cannon
>>
>>52294721
Treelord ancients are the Kings and Queens of the Sylvaneth. They're the most powerful mages, the masters of life magic, they have an inner serenity that persists no matter what it is they're doing, including while on the battlefield that they sing to other sylvaneth. They're extremely meticulous, every detail of their extremely long lives is committed to memory. They know the name of every sylvaneth they rule over and spend their lives amassing knowlege into their lamentiri to ensure that future generations can benefit from their experience.

Treelords are seen as youthful and impulsive by ancients. Though the youngest treelord is older than any mortal by several times. Treelords act as the hired muscle of the Ancients and are far more violent and dynamic as individuals.

Both of these noblespirits are extremely prone to deeply exemplifying the eccentricities of their glade. EG harvestboon treelords and ancients are very slight and lithe, but extremely passionate quick to rage and mirth. Ironbarktreelords tend to have veins of ore in their wood that makes them glitter while being unreasonably stubborn. Dreadwood treelords are viscious and untrustworthy even in the eyes of other sylvaneth.
>>
>>52295025
There's actually two different skin colours. One a brighter green for my brutes and non orange warchanters. The other with a darker colour. This is to represent that killagores' guys didn't belong to the area, and were an out of context problem.
>>
>>52295428
That's pretty awesome, dude but my guys were blue, purple, green, and black
>>
>>52294721

The Free Spirits are much more directly administrated by Alarielle.

Sons of Durthu were sired from Durthu, live every day trying to meet his stalwart example, they act as personal agents and guardians of Alarielle. When they speak they carry Alarielles authority with them. Extremely determined and loyal. They have an innate understanding with each other son of durthu and it smacks of a shared consciousness. They're not slavishly loyal however, they're in fact trusted and valued advisors to Alarielle and the clans.
>>
>>52294721
Another kind of "Free Spirit" Kurnoth Hunters are the "Hunter cult" of the sylvaneth. While they're their own caste of treecreature (vast, hulking warriors much taller than a man) they worship Kurnoth as Alarielles "Soul-Consort" and equal seeing themselves as embodiment of his wrath as the Sons are to Alarielle. They're the newest caste, they didn't arise until Alarielle picked up the spear of Kurnous well into the Age of Sigmar. Even the Spite Revenants are older than the eldest hunter. Hunters are purposeful, driven and almost single minded. They have none of the bipolar or capricious whimsy of other sylvaneth. They act as executioners for Alarielle. They're considered very strange creatures by other sylvaneth who have a hard time understanding their single minded and taciturn natures. Like treelords and branchwraiths the spiritsong is especially powerful in them and they reverberate with it. Most sylvaneth worship minor deities in addition to Alarielle, but Kurnoth Hunters are the only ones to do this openly in Kurnoth. This leaves other sylvaneth mistrustful of them. Alarielle says this is fine and that's enough for most sylvaneth. The heartwood clan does everything they can to accomodate the Hunters. The Hunt Master of Kurnoth is a recent addition to the Royal Moot. It's baffaling for non sylvaneth to try and understand his purpose. Some sort of hybrid position of Spy Master, Martial Advisor, High Priest of Kurnoth and Captain of the Royal Guard.

Often times a completely random hunter will take his place with only Alarielle knowing if it's really the Huntmaster. It's unclear if the huntmaster is a spirit that temporarily possesses a hunter, or Kurnoth himself making individual hunters his avatar temporarily. The regents of the SYlvaneth are very distrustful of the Hunt Master, especially dreadwood who consider him a clingy upstart.
>>
>>52294721
>>52294721
The Outcasts are unsettling. Deeply so for mortals, but almost as much for the Sylvaneth. The Sylvaneth don't know where they come from, don't know how they're made, don't even know if they're not a reflection of the sylvaneth made dark by Alarielles vengeful desires.

Many believe them to be sylvaneth who caved into despair during the war in ghyran against nurgle.

The first outcasts cropped up during the "Shrouded Season." a period of time alarielle has purposefully deleted from the sylvaneths memory on a racial level. No one knows why but her. It makes them uncomfortable to think about across the board.

Outcasts are insane, literally. They're deaf to all but the darkest and most malevolent parts of the sylvaneth's song. They dwell in gloomy and unsettling glades. Some sylvaneth fear the outcasts madness is infectious. Where dryads and other sylvaneth sing, Spite Revenants "Scream a sawing, nerve-shredding cacophony of horror and hate fit to drive mortal minds beyond the brink of sanity."

Murderous butchers, they commonly soak themselves and their roots in blood.

Drycha is basically the only sylvaneth that hangs out with outcasts purposefully. She considers herself to be their regent, like the Willowqueen is the regent of harvestboon or the Old King is of Gnarlroot. Drycha and the Outcasts are far more than just racist. THey want to purge all non sylvaneth. THe malevolent and cruel sprites love them. She and the spite revenants are warrior caste.
>>
>>52293580
I like the smug skull
>>
File: 1490135360681-1448312231.jpg (4MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1490135360681-1448312231.jpg
4MB, 4608x2592px
Just 'finished' my Varghulf. It's just the base colors and a wash, but I'm focusing on 6th edition stuff and the guy was just sitting on my shelf with a basecoat and a square base, so I decided to make him tt-ready.
>>
File: IMG_0865.jpg (224KB, 1315x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0865.jpg
224KB, 1315x461px
>stormcasts are noblebright Mary Sues
not according to the very first page of the battletome. Just think about how horrifying the implications of all this are
>>
>>52295823
Sry I forgot how retardedly huge the pics from my phone are...
>>
>>52295508

Now, THAT'S interesting.
>>
>>52295823
Grass tufts wanker loves his grass tufts
>>
>>52295823
Vargulf looks fine.

I'd add some dark green (like athonian camoshade) and yellow washes into the recesses of the zombies, personally.
>>
So if Khorne's battletome is getting redone does that mean they won't be absolute shite anymore?
>>
>>52294721
There are more sylvaneth than just the treespirits, sprites (spites in AOS) are sylvaneth, the spirits that possess deadwood to forge bodies out of it (treekin) are sylvaneth, the ghosts and fae creatures of the glades are sylvaneth. The disparity in sentience can be pretty huge between different castes. These days most castes are warrior castes.

Most Sylvaneth do not like mortals.

All Sylvaneth are unfathomably long lived.

Sylvaneth build cities, work metal and stone and create artworks, tapestries and furniture.

The song of Sylvaneth helps bind them together as a united people. It stops them struggling against one another not based on oppression but genuine feelings of unity.

Sylvaneth in general don't care for glory, expanding borders or making money. They're more or less solely concerned with ensuring the safety and cycles of the natural world are upheld.

They're difficult to interact with, not just becase of the language barrier. They do not like you, they don't think like you and they don't live and die like you. Your concerns are extremely alien to them just like they are to you.

They consider "Quickbloods" (mortals/demons/non sylvaneth in general) to be short sighted, flippant, brief and unable to comprehend the importance of their extremely long term plans and the real meaning of everything.

They ARE good people. With noble desires and despise chaos. it's just that they're so alien to us that the alliance is always quite strained.

There are tribes of humans that worship sigmar and alarielle living in ghyran that are tolerated by the Sylvaneth. There are also elves and dwarves.

Wanderers are HATED by the Sylvaneth. They're essentially living out a mission of repentance to Alarielle, planting waystones so that the forests of Ghyran can sprout in other mortal realms.

Not all sylvaneth sprouted in GHyran, they hail from almost every one of the mortal realms, even the realm of metal.
>>
>>52293580
Good job, it could use some grass though.
>>
>>52295252
>>52295347
>>52295527
>>52295573
>>52295708
>>52295893

Sorry my english was pretty poor in some places, my first language is Norwegian and it's really wall of text-y.

I hope it's a good read anyway, anons. I wish I could add more but that's all I could remember from heart.
>>
>>52295893
Thank you for posting all that, it's just what I was looking for.
>>
>>52295872
Yeah it's my first time using the green ones and I went overboard with them, especially the varghulfs base looks weird. The biggest problem is probably mixing the brown and green ones. I'll add in some flock later, which might fix it.

>>52295887
The zombies are also justone color+wash. The skin turned out really weird as it is mantic necrotic flesh+reikland fleshshade. It's good enough for zhe zombies, but still. A green wash is a good idea, will buy one the next time I have the chance.
>>
>>52295889
It'll most likely have the same base rules. The changes will probably be new battalions and more customization options, like in the Stormcast battletome.
>>
>>52295980

Dammit. We need the love man, we need it bad.
>>
File: Alarielle-Beetle-Rider-horz.jpg (169KB, 1135x527px) Image search: [Google]
Alarielle-Beetle-Rider-horz.jpg
169KB, 1135x527px
>>52295964
No problem, friend. I enjoyed writing it all up. I don't think there's an actual summary of their general lore on the internet, I looked for one to link to you. Hopefully someone can put it up on 1d4chan, I'm not sure if just anyone can get an account and make pages on there or I'd do it myself.
>>
>>52296029
You actually don't need an account, you could just copy paste this and I'd almost call it golden (people would make the addient edits as time went by). I think it's nice we get a properly fleshed article there. A few persons go check it as their go-to source (sadly enough) and I think we all prefer they get out from reading that witha better impression than LOLz 3+ to win!
>>
File: 1489352926532.jpg (95KB, 339x339px) Image search: [Google]
1489352926532.jpg
95KB, 339x339px
>>52295347
>>52295527
>>52295573
>>52295708
>>52295893
I SAY CHOP EM DOWN AND BURN THE LOT
>>
>>52296104
I have noticed fatty sperglords tend to get angry and racist when they GET REKT so I'm hardly surprised literal obesity diabeetus pus and dewritos demons are like that too.
>>
>>52296104
I agree with Papa Nurgle

Lets burn these fuckers
>>
Dear Skaven,

please fuck off from Chaos.

t. Slaanesh Cultist
>>
>>52296216
>Doesn't even have a god anymore.
>Thinks it can give orders to those who do.
>>
>>52296104
I find your ideas intriguing and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
>>
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Sylvaneth I made the 1d4chan episode with the things I wrote out.
>>
File: c198603cjp0022-02.jpg (33KB, 415x600px) Image search: [Google]
c198603cjp0022-02.jpg
33KB, 415x600px
>>52296216
Lol
>>
What would a horde or swarm type order race look like?
>>
>>52296438
Freeguild.
>>
>>52296438
Freeguild, devoted of sigmar, Elves and sylvaneth can probably bring hordes.
>>
>>52293580
Another anon who plays AvP mini game, nice
>>
File: 1490108092234.jpg (135KB, 742x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490108092234.jpg
135KB, 742x960px
TOMORROW LADS
>>
>>52296505
As much as I'd like Tomb Kings 2.0, don't get your hopes up too much. Reliable leakers have pointed to the reveal most likely being the long-rumored "Deep One" elves.
>>
The big reveal at adepticon is a new stormcast eternals book and box set
>>
>>52296567
>They show up at Adepticon with one thing.

Anon, come on. They can have multiple things to show.
>>
>>52296505
The Bonetome
>>
>tfw they show off more of the kharadron overlords tomorrow
>tfw they reveal the ironjawz junkships and new general rules for aerial battles
>>
>>52296505
Settra is dead bitch.
Deal with it.
>>
>>52296527
This is a fan tome anon, a fantome that's been highly anticipated, written by a guy who was actually interviewed on Warhammer TV and is also a big name in the community. And he debuts it at Adepticon tomorrow, the same convention that GW has shit loads of coverage at. GW reps take notice of this, we will see Tomb Kangs return eventually as a result of this.
>>
>>52296727
It's a mandatory expansion like Death from the Skies TRIED to be
>>
>>52296752
See>>52296741
>>
File: Mistake.png (35KB, 351x472px) Image search: [Google]
Mistake.png
35KB, 351x472px
>>52296752
Whoops.
>>
>>52296741
The Tomb King is dead. Bury it.
>>
>make all the models OOP
>t-they'll come back
You hate to see this type of delusion, just breaks your heart
>>
Clan skryre update fucking when? Now that we've seen the overlords, we need the skaven to go balls to the wall tech crazy. The lore already showed they have titan mechs and shit, the possibilities are endless
>>
>>52293629
The rock looks like a poopsicle.
>>
File: IMG_3490.jpg (158KB, 902x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3490.jpg
158KB, 902x648px
>>52293441
Tree-things get out. Praise great-glorious horned-horned one!
>>
File: large.gif (3MB, 350x212px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
3MB, 350x212px
>>52293774
FOR SHOOTHASH
>>
File: no_god.png (106KB, 299x289px) Image search: [Google]
no_god.png
106KB, 299x289px
>>52296844
>yfw Pestilens becomes the overriding theme of the Skaven and the rest of it gets neglected
>not even weapon team kits get released
>>
>>52296984
They wouldn't do that since they released Island of Blood as Spire of Dawn
>>
File: Secondwithering.png (26KB, 884x309px) Image search: [Google]
Secondwithering.png
26KB, 884x309px
>>52296984
>Pestilens didn't even get any fucking models for their 'release'
>Book already out of date, shit formations
>Censers somehow worse than in 8th
>There will never be plastic weapon teams
>Or gutter runners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSCiMbMVDLI
>>
Reddit Rats, GET OUT.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: SkavenRatMachine.png (3MB, 1537x811px) Image search: [Google]
SkavenRatMachine.png
3MB, 1537x811px
>>52297236
>t. buttmad slanneshifag

back to /d/ with you

>>52296844
Skryre will get Spider-Rat tanks like pic related. Mark-heed my words...
>>
File: Audrey 2.jpg (67KB, 821x417px) Image search: [Google]
Audrey 2.jpg
67KB, 821x417px
>>52297272
Holy shit that carnivorous plant.
>>
>>52296781
Different anon here:
SETTRA RULES!

Plus there's tomb kings in this setting. Plus there's the obsidian monarchy.
>>
>>52297272
that is one of the most METAL things I have ever seen
>>
File: 9493345 (5).png (3MB, 1536x980px) Image search: [Google]
9493345 (5).png
3MB, 1536x980px
>>52297346
Some AoS Art is actually not terrible

Any Pestilens art with Fyreslayers is dogshit though, there are 2 really shit ones i didn't even bother saving
>>
>>52297409
I can't enjoy this picture ever since some anon pointed out the artist mistakenly drew the skaven with dog noses instead of rat noses
>>
>>52296216
Dear Cultist,

I'd love to, but GW won't let me

t. Skaven player

Seriously though, Skaven doesn't really fit in with any of the alliances. They don't really get along with anyone.

The fluff sperg in me is pissed that every fucking chaos player in my local meta is taking Warplock Jezzails in their lists, and that's their only Skaven model.
>>
>>52297519
Joining the Pantheon was a mistake.

Pestilens can be Chaos because it fits mostly (Fighting an unholy crusade against everything in the name of your god is typical Chaos fare, and allows Nurgle synergy )

Skryre should have been Destruction (They blew up the moon and live to create war machines, their magic is the lore of Ruin)

Verminus, Masterclan Moulder Eshin and Dark elves should be a separate Mercenary faction that any Chaos or Destruction army can pull units from
>>
>>52297272
Has anyone done a venecian mask theme stormcast scheme? Would be sick if you had the skills
>>
>>52297470
Ever consider that they're skaven noses?
>>
Picked up a box of Kairic Acolytes. How do I equip these dudes and how do the shields work?
>>
>>52297889
>Arcanite Shield: Roll a dice before allocating a wound or mortal wound to a model that has an Arcanite Shield. On a roll of 6, the shield deflects the damage and the wound is ignored.
>>
Would it be a bad idea to grab a gyrocopter or bomber to run with my Grail knights and pepper some guys up before my knights charge?
>>
>>52297928
So if a unit takes 10 wounds would I need 10 shield units to assign one to each or could I assign them all to a single dude and removing models for each dice that did not come up a 6?
>>
>>52297979
>before allocating a wound or mortal wound to a model that has an Arcanite Shield

1 wound per model.
>>
Made progress on Durthu, think the skull looks ok? I was trying to go for a really old sort of look and trying to make sure it's different enough from the bark that it doesn't just get lost
>>
>>52298006
Would it be possible to put patches of flock onto him like moss
>>
>>52297672
Your mistake is thinking that just because they're all chaos it means they all have to work together. It's quite the opposite, the factions that make up chaos fight each other as often if not more than they fight anyone else. It doesn't matter if they're technically on the same side, they all have their own goals and actively screw each other over to further them. In the last book, pestilense skaven betrayed the nurgle forces at a key point of the battle and lost control of an entire realmgate because of it.
>>
>>52298070
I could, I always get nervous about doing stuff like that though, if I screw up with applying the flock it's really annoying to fix.
>>
>>52298098
Crunch should at least attempt to mirror that.

A band of Nurgle daemons having a handful of Skryre rats hanging out with them makes no sense.

Same with a Khorne warband hiring on wizards to fight by their side.
>>
>>52298098
That would all still exist if they split the factions up into different allegiances, it would further emphasis it even, revive the Skryre/Pestilens civil war if both can pretend they are fighting for the goals of their alliance just as an excuse to kill each other some more.

I'm talking primarily about rule design and how GW has wasted Skaven thus far, they have no reason to exist in AoS and certainly aren't supposed with any releases.

They basically returned their OG "beastmen but not" status and it's fucking boring as shit.
>>
Try to come up with an original faction for each grand alliance that isn't just a repack (beast claw, Flesheaters) or an inevitable sub faction ( rot bringers, clan skryre)
>>
>>52298199
I think it's more GW focusing more, for the moment, on developing trade markable new IPHONE for their new setting. Skaven were always pretty safe- that was one of their few somewhat original ideas (see how all their shit kept their name...). Once all the elf/dwarf/ork/token human stand in/daemon races have been twisted enough to slap a definitive IP, they will hit the other stuff
>>
>>52298566
> IPHONE not IP
Fucking autocorrect whose side are you on? You are an Android for Christ's sake
>>
>>52298555
Fishmen, I don't care who gets them, I want Fishmen.
probably destruction
>>
File: yeah okay.png (213KB, 583x528px) Image search: [Google]
yeah okay.png
213KB, 583x528px
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/21/tactical-toolbox-deployment/

when you have to spend an entire section of your tutorial making excuses for why SC aren't broken...

>rolls eyes

inb4 storm bros' avalanche of BS
>>
>>52298555
Lantic Empire. Humans, Order.

A combination of cheap tribal style infantry with barely maintained magitech style leaders, cavalry and artillery.
>>
>>52293605
No OSL from the brazier? Missed opportunity
>>
File: Beastwoman.png (109KB, 1195x1875px) Image search: [Google]
Beastwoman.png
109KB, 1195x1875px
Did someone say beastwomen?
>>
>>52293774

That's Ahashute to you anon.

Don't make me call the local GW to dispatch the men in red shirts.
>>
My friend wants to get into AOS, but his power fantasy is "cavalry army". Which would that be in AOS?
>>
>>52299337
Cavalry? Stormcast is really the only one that comes to mind.
>>
>>52298618
Thats the vibe I got from it too.
>"nuh uh they are fine, look at this weakness they have"
Fails to mention once they come down they have 2 up rerollable saves and shit
Fuck off
>>
>>52298555
a new Death faction, based around either the Soulblight Gothic Kingdoms, or the Death Rattle empires.

lore wise, The Soulblight Kingdoms would go into focus on the topic of VAMPIRES, and how they fit into the mortal realms, along with going into detail about how they rule their kingdoms, and how they function. It would also go into the back ground of how the "Soul-Blight" of the vampires work, and help fill up their lore. It would also introduce new Bloodlines, and give us at least ONE new character, preferably some countress that's rallying against the Chaos invasion of Shyish.

Mechanic wise, it would feature the current Soulblight units, along with adding Nefereta as Soulblight unit. It would also include new units such as on-foot newbloods, a revamped melee focused Vampire hero that's as good as the WHFB Vampires in combat, a basic troop choice formed of Vampire thralls who can be drained mid-combat for health, a new Vampire colossal unit that's either a giant mount, or some kind of colossal beast. Think a Terrorgheist, but alive, and angry. Also, give Blood Knight's a new plastic kit.
>>
>>52298555
goodSkaven, an order army with other animal units based on the Redwall series
>>
>>52298555
An ancient long dead civilization brought back to life by magic, could be egyption themed or something
>>
>>52299824
sounds pretty cool, they need a suitably cool name.
Sepulchral Emperors maybe
>>
>>52299894
>Sepulchral Emperors
Nah that'll never stick, how about something like Crypt Monarchs?
>>
>>52299824
Maybe something like Grave Lords, or Crypt Masters..
>>
>>52299947
>>52299946
>>52299894
I've got it.
How about Bretonnians?
>>
>>52299894
How about the Mausoleum Sultans?
>>
>>52299337
Order
>Order Draconis
>Order Serprentis

Destruction
>Spiderfang Grots
>Greenskinz
>Bonesplitterz
>Beastclaw Raiderz

Death
>Deathrattle
>Soulblight

Chaos
>Slaves to Darkness
>Khorne Bloodbound

Those are the factions that he can run exclusively cavalry in Pitched Battles, as far as I can see. How feasible these are, I can't say.

>>52299472
Stormcast can't run pure cavalry.
>>
>>52296027
If they revamp the shitty warscrolls I'll be happy. Thats the main issue with khorne allegiance.
>>
>>52300279
Congratulations, that's what's coming. Probably.
>>
>>52299472
free people. mass demigryphs and outriders.
>>
>>52300291
If it aint I am off this khorneboat.
At least with slaanesh I can enjoy drowning in my suffering.
>>
>>52300368
>Abandoning the red path of Khorne for Slaanesh.
>>
>>52300425
If khorne will not give me the power he promised... then I must turn to a lighter shade of red.
>>
File: IMG_1607.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1607.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
>>52300368
>Being a Khornefag and complaining that you aren't being catered to

For fucks sake, even FORGE WORLD panders to you guys more than anything else they make

Khorne gets literally more love than any other product line
>>
File: Adrian Smith Beastmen.jpg (100KB, 498x696px) Image search: [Google]
Adrian Smith Beastmen.jpg
100KB, 498x696px
>>52300449
If you need to be given power to be strong, you don't deserve it in the first place.

Take it. Make yourself strong.
>>
>>52300489
Yeah we get lovingly carressed with barbed wire. You know how pets don't like it when you pet them too hard? Its like that. I want proper attention bitch, not a downs-syndrome throttling.
>>
I only know the surface level of lore. What would happen if my dudes (Ironjawz) crafted their armor out of warpstone?
>>
>>52301324
I don't think that's happened before.

I'd guess it would mutate them and make them crazy and/or chaos worshippers.
>>
>>52297519
>>52297672
>all these newfags
Skaven are literally the children of Chaos and Chaos replacement for Humans.
Which is the best thing about AoS is the realisation of the Skaven prophecy.
>>
>>52301365
Well, I don't want them to be Chaos Orruks or mutate. I guess my fluff will be that they're constantly being corrupted by chaos, but because their orruky durability/powerful immune systems/more or less blank-slate mind, it doesn't take, it just pisses them off.

The question is, is warpstone strong enough for armor?
>>
File: Capture1231211124111.png (246KB, 278x384px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1231211124111.png
246KB, 278x384px
So did Felix survive? Is Grimnir the original or Gotrek?
>>
>>52301506
Theres warpstone armour. Skaven make it.
>>
>>52301538
Yeah, but I assume armor for rats isn't very strong, since I crush em all the time.
>>
>>52301544
I think warpstone armour is heavy armour that atracks anyone who strikes it.
>>
>>52301592
My friend suggests there wouldn't be enough warpstone to outfit an entire army of orruks. He plays Skaven, so is he right?
>>
File: 1265778439272.png (32KB, 849x531px) Image search: [Google]
1265778439272.png
32KB, 849x531px
>>52301592
>attacks anyone who strikes it
>it costs hundreds of Skaven slaves to forge the armor
>every hammer strike is a concussion on the Skaven who's making the armor
>>
>>52301617
Well we live in extended universe now so there must be sources of it everywhere.
Its just condensed warp magic. There was an entire moon made of it in WFB. All Skaven machinary runs on big chunks of it.
So id say yes a full army of warpstone armour could exist.
>>
>>52299491
What units are you talking about? I don't remember any SCE units having a natural 2+ much less a rerollable one.
>>
>>52296485
AvP?
>>
>>52302056
I just checked through a bunch of units, and I can't find anything like what they're talking about. Lowest save is 3+ on some of the heroes.
>>
>>52302130
Just remembered a combo that can be done. One is Lord-Castellent + Hurricane Banner + Dracoth/Stardrake. Even that combo is 500 points minimum for 1 drop a game and their 2+ save lasts for 1 turn.

If he goes the Stardrake route, he could possibly take the Command Trait to get +1 Save bubble when not charging.
>>
>>52302205
Correction, he could take the Command Trait regardless of if he took Dracoths or Stardrakes. Just remembered you can use regular units as your general in AoS.
>>
>>52302075
alien vs predator, i think hes referring to the three red dots on the skull, which is from the predator's laser sight
>>
>>52296485
>>52302075
>>52302301
I just wanted to do a subtle nod to my Nurgle deamons.
>>
Megaboss
Warchanter
Savage Orruk Big Boss

Savage Orruks x 10
Savage Orruks x 10
Savage Orruks x 10
Savage Orruk Arrerboyz x 30
Brutes x 5
Brutes x 5
Flex pick of Ardboyz x 10/Gore-Gruntas x 3

1460/1500. How is this list? Not looking to play competitive or powergame, just to give my friends a run for their money.
>>
>>52294808
Looks neat anon. Are you already washing your copper/bronze with the shiny flesh shade. I use it and it's amazing. Goes really well with an earlier brown wash as well.
>>
File: received_10210575681622253.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
received_10210575681622253.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>52294808
Currently wip on my Tomb Banshee, I'm pretty happy with it so far. Going to go get some Kharak Stone today to drybrush the base.

Any recommendations on a colour to highlight red hair with?
>>
>>52303268
Wazdakka red maybe? Or maybe squig orange if you want to make it more orange
>>
>>52303293
It's wazdakka already, albeit darkened a lot with agrax earthshade. I may try the orange though, hopefully it won't clash with the green of the dress.
>>
>>52301533
Felix didn't survive, the "Grimnir" of AoS is actually Gotrek.
>>
>>52299824
sounds shitty an uninspired.
In fact it sounds like something that wont sell and be discontinued
>>
>>52299992
>Beastclaw Raiderz
raiders. Ogres don't use the retarded orcish spelling.
>>
What is your favourite part about the AoS setting?
>>
File: 2017-02-12 16.06.28.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-12 16.06.28.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>52297747
Eldar Harlequin masks fit really well on Stormcast heads, so something like that is possible.
>>
>>52303704
The good guys finally getting shit done, and some proper smashfight conflicts.
>>
>>52303704
The ability to fit in "your dudes" so easily
>>
>>52295824
>not according to the very first page of the battletome.
>demigod warriors in shiny armor with inability to accept failurewho fights to wreak revenge upon those who enslave people of the Mortal Realms
>not noblebright
I love AoS as multiversal heroic fantasy setting, but holy shit anon, you cannot be serious/
>Just think about how horrifying the implications of all this are
What's horrifying in implications if their art-design (artwork, models) didn't even try to imply that? Not to mention their fluff mostly focused on "mighty battles of unending war".
>>
>>52303815
They start off as humans and gradually become wrath-in-a-can.
>>
>>52303945
So what? Their souls were saved from Realm of Death.
And since all of them were warriors, they will enjoy their new abilities.
>>
>>52293394

Anyone got any ideas for Freeguild terrain I could build?

Also, kindaaa want a Start Collecting Bloodbound box.
>>
>>52303985
Many Stormhosts retain ALOT of their Humanity and don't really like the idea of becoming a Magic robot.

I think the celestial Vindicators who are basically barbarians in a can, dislike it alot.
>>
>>52303704

It's more like 40k in that it's a vast, open-ended sandbox.

OW was a sandbox but was a lot less open-ended.
>>
>>52303661

>novel in which Felix is a stormcast, troubled with flashbacks and memories of his past life. He collects books but does not know why.
>>
So Wanderers in AoS, Will they be getting an update?

Looking through the Order Battletome, the Wanderers seem to have a drastically different backstory than most other Elves and Sylveaneth show that "Kurnoth" the Hunter God existed at one time.

Would we see a revival of an Orion Expy?
>>
>>52303985
The Realm of Death offers peace and rest. Nagash cannot keep the souls of the dead in his realm forever eventually they will ascend beyond his reach.

The Stormcast are destined for eternal war where they will die again and again losing bits of their humanity and their memories until they are nothing more but husks.
>>
>>52304027
>and don't really like the idea of becoming a Magic robot.
The fluff her e says otherwise>>52295824
And again, no matter their origin they all were warriors who fought against Chaos, so they should be okay with becomming SCE (or writters for some reasons turning them into whinning hippy sometimes for "muh dramma")
>>
>>52304067
>So Wanderers in AoS, Will they be getting an update?
Nope
>>52304069
>The Realm of Death offers peace and rest
Until they will be raized by Nagash or one of his lieutenants for "spooky zerg rush".
>The Stormcast are destined for eternal war where they will die again and again losing bits of their humanity and their memories until they are nothing more but husks.
So what? The fluff don't focusing on their suffereing to much (because it's pretty obvious that GW writters cannot handle with such narrative properly), so as their models or AoS artworks
>>
>>52304118
>Nope

Are you slavposter, All you seem to do is do the same listing and greentext and act like a contradictory shithead.
>>
>>52304206
>contradictory
Where?
>>
>>52300517
Max Kek.
You won that one
>>
>>52301617
No.
It's a new world.
There is enough room for every wierd ides.
Plus it's not like it's PURE warpstone. That's only for bosses. Make the lesser mooks only have chunks in it or something
>>
>>52304206
Yes, he is the slav shitposter. Don't waste energy on him.
>>
>>52303093
Find points for kunning rok AND iron fist.
Use the hardboyz. You got the Savage boyz to camp, you need more orks on the line to support the 5 Ork brute units.
>>
>>52303704
I like that there's competence on all factions involved. They are all capable of getting shit done and failure usually happens because one is better or more fortunate rather than the other being a moron.
Also, I like chaos better than in the old world. OW chaos was a very united group. Seriously, how often they were mentioned to be at full-blown war with each other? Here in AoS we've got a god trap another one (tzeentch and slaanesh), Khorne betraying and trying to destroy every other god, nurgle trying to weather the storm as the horned rat has begun its betrayal on Nurgle. Archaon may or may not be planning to destroy the chaos gods and rule by himself. Slaanesh apparently let itself be captured and is using this as an opportunity.

Chaos is as it should be: fractious and anarchic, yet deadly and effective.
>>
File: RumourEngineMar22-320x320.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
RumourEngineMar22-320x320.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
Cthulu Aelves are coming.
>>
>>52304451
Can't wait for new eldar bits.
>>
>>52304451
Nice. Hope they won't be chaos bitches.
>>
i know im probably going to get laughed at, but what can a model attack with from the weapons on it's profile?
i get that it's mostly logic (a dwarf has an axe and shield, or a great axe, not both) although that was an explicit example, what about a kroxigor?

"a kroxigor is armed with either X or Y weapons, but also dangerous even unarmed thanks to it's teeth" with teeth being a listed weapon.

would it attack with it's weapon and teeth?
>>
>>52304451
Tell me more
>>
>>52304595
Yes, it can attack with everything in its profile, barring those with explicit "or" conditions for weapons and equipment. Same with units that have a mount with attacks.
>>
>>52304451
And where exactly they are "Ctulhu"?
For now all waht we can see wywernj-like pet, lack of armor so probably we will meet with people of male witch from SilverTower
>>
>>52304615
okay, thanks, i just needed it clarified because one of the players in our group meeting tomorrow is very finnicky on rules
>>
File: Empire_1_.jpg (198KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Empire_1_.jpg
198KB, 800x534px
>>52304440
Do the Free Guild still totally blow and need the Storm Cast to baby sit them?
>>
>>52304451
Looks like the new order serpentis to me
>>
>>52304366
And where exactly I've shitposted here, my friend?
>>
>>52304451
I really hope they reuse some of the existing kits for this. I still have a stockpile of unused dark elves that I'd love start as a project.
>>
>>52304067
Kurnoth is probably some kind of fusion between Orion King in the Woods and Kurnous.

The sylvaneth of the free spirits and the heartwood even see Kurnoth as alarielles spirit consort.
>>
>>52304628
Didn't they have a big part in Godbeasts?
>>
>>52304451
Reminder that it will be slaaneshi elves followed by slaanesh deamons and book release
>>
>>52293394
So have the elves who went over to AoS gone full bonkers and turned into wood people?
>>
>>52304730
No, sylvaneth are not elves they are the spirits of the woods
Elves arent released yet in aos but the rumors say soon
>>
>>52299472
Bretonnian
>>
Nurgle tome when?
>>
>>52304770
Need a few more khorne tomes first
>>
So what do we think the odds of these new elves not being Order is?
It's a little jarring how order seem to get all the releases in a row (stormcast, sky dorfs and now probably this)
>>
>>52304702
I do imagine Kurnoth and Wanderers being linked.

Maybe They find Kurnoth or bring him alive similar to how Orion needs a sacrifice?
>>
>>52304853
They'll be chaos or order either way
>>
>>52304853
I think they'll be Order, GW don't give a shit about "Round robin" Game Design.
>>
>>52304702
>some kind of fusion between Orion King in the Woods and Kurnous.
Well ET revealed that Orion WAS Kurnous after most of elven pantheon was banished by Chaos.
Cannot remember was Widowmaker broken in the end of Khaine or wasn't, but I don't think they will return to his story
>>
File: IMG_1592.jpg (144KB, 500x880px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1592.jpg
144KB, 500x880px
>Tfw Forge World will never release a non Khorne miniature ever again
>>
>>52304703
This post pops up every thread. It's not a real conversation starter, just bait.
>>
>>52304839
Why are people whining about the Khorne tome? They released a ton of miniatures for Khorne over the past few years. They should have a decent battletome to go along with that.
>>
>>52304885
It's probably because GW constantly forces Khorne shit down our throats when we want something besides fucking Khorne
>>
>>52304451
please be broken strong, please be broken strong, please be broken strong, please be broken strong, please be broken strong, please be broken strong, please be broken strong, please be broken strong, please be broken strong.
>>
>>52304906
>broken strong
?
>>
>>52304892
What, you don't like muh blood and skulls memegod, anon?
>>
>>52304451
that's a netherdrake
>>
>>52304909
like kurnoth hunter / fulminator strong with disgusting formations and super cheap points costs.
>>
>>52304892
And when they do so I'd rather have the end result be at least competent for people who like Khorne. Tons of khorne miniatures without a cool tome only makes all the miniatures a wasted effort.
>>
>>52304927
Man I hope they're shit just to fuck over more Elf-fags.
>>
>>52304938
this

I think there's enough Nurgle stuff that they could probably get away with just releasing an updated battletome for them.
>>
>>52304451
>tieing the leash into its fucking wing membrane
Are elves retarded
>>
>>52304955
Show us on the doll where the elf touched you
>>
>>52304976
They literally had one job in the old world

>Don't fuck over the forest fucking knife ear fucks

Now aeons later they're forced to be agents of the forests growth because they did the one thing they weren't meant to do.

They're inferior even to the other mortal races.
>>
>>52304984
7th and 8th edition mate.
>>
>>52304955
This.

Please be Fyreslayer tier.
>>
Is this list shit or not? Going to play against high elves, aelves/whatever their name is. I know that he has some serious magic shenigans up his sleeve.

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Valkia The Bloody(120)
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut(140)
-General
-Trait: Dark Avenger
-Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Bloodstoker(80)
-Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Skullgrinder(80)
-Artefact: Chaos Runeblade

Battleline
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers(160)
-Glaives
-Glaives
-Axes
5 x Chaos Knights(200)
-Chaos Glaives
-Mark of Chaos: Khorne
5 x Chaos Knights(200)
-Chaos Glaives
-Mark of Chaos: Khorne

Units
5 x Skullreapers(140)
-Goreslick Blades
-1x Spinecleaver
5 x Skullreapers(140)
-Daemonblades
-1x Soultearer
3 x Khorgoraths(240)

Battalions
Brass Stampede(80)
Skulltake(100)

Total:2000/2000
>>
>>52304998
>neck-beard dragging emotional baggage from a different game from 4 years ago into AOS.

dude see a therapist, you've got issues.
>>
>>52304206
The answer is we dont know.

They might get a battletome that makes use of existing models like fec or they might get new models in a nee style and make use of some old models like ironjaws.

Or they might be left to die off as a subfaction of order like orcs and goblins.
>>
>>52305016
they wont. every release pushes the power creep further in order to drive sales.

just wait for the broken balloon brigade dwarf rules/points to drop, it'll be a shit show of OP hot mess.
>>
>>52305026
>Disliked playing Elf:the game
>Guy wants new Elf faction to be super broken
>Don't want that
>YOU HAVE ISSUES MANG WHY YOU SO ELF HATING.

As a Wood Elf/ Wanderer's player, I Like my books balanced and flavorful, unlike most High/Dark elf players.
>>
File: Where do you think we are.png (223KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.png
223KB, 500x375px
>>52305026
>projecting this hard
>>
>>52304971
Well nothing is stopping them and they might just do it.
>>
File: IMG_1714.jpg (118KB, 528x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1714.jpg
118KB, 528x640px
>>52305046
>play Chaos Dorfs
>already always broken and powerful because of Daemonsmith artillery spam and glorious bull centaurs
>>
Any advice for someone whp wants to start Death? I like the idea of a skeleton legion. Then expand to ghosts later.

Anything I should get/avoid? Black knights look pretty poor but grave guard look decent.

The sc box seems kinda meh, not a lot of point getting more than one, is arkhan worth takinh in matched?
>>
>>52305046
>just wait for the broken balloon brigade dwarf rules/points to drop, it'll be a shit show of OP hot mess.

Oh i fucking know.

100% you won't be-able to hit the airships in combat, and you just know some Battalion will have a -1 debuff for shooting them, AND the biggest airship will blatantly have some shield versus mortal wounds.

Sky-dorfs are going to murder the game in terms of balance like we've never seen before.

>>52305100
Wight King with a banner is helpful, Black knights are poor due to the lack of rend, but the Deathratle battalion is a good thing to build towards
>>
File: 1490082526002.jpg (72KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490082526002.jpg
72KB, 720x960px
>>52293394

Any other Death Bros going to lose their shit if at the Adepticon Upcoming Product Seminar they show previews for models a year off and it's just more Stormcasts and Khorne?
>>
>>52304854
>Maybe They find Kurnoth or bring him alive similar to how Orion needs a sacrifice?
Why would they even return to Orion's story, since he was sort of killed.
>>
>>52305146
It will be more Stormcast 100% definitely, and very likely more Khorne. The two are the flagship armies of AoS, there's no doubt they'll get more always.

Just hope there's more than just that.
>>
>>52305139
Nice facts there.

Also two of the new factions(Bloodbound and Ironjawz) are labelled as garbage
>>
>>52305182
They are only the flagship because that's all GW is making and releasing. It's no different from how Fantasy was where people would argue certain factions were not selling so they shouldn't get new models rather than acknowledging the reason for them not selling was being completely ignored and neglected by GW
>>
>>52305194
Niether of those are garbage you fucking moron.
>>
File: Burger King Kidz Klub.png (94KB, 640x456px) Image search: [Google]
Burger King Kidz Klub.png
94KB, 640x456px
>>52305194
>Facts
>What is speculation?
>Ironjawz are garbage

Nice bait there faggot. Try playing the game rather than just shitposting here all day
>>
>>52305213
I wouldn't know, haven't played with or against them. That's why I said labeled, you mouthbreathing imbecile
>>
File: 1351691554188.png (178KB, 490x327px) Image search: [Google]
1351691554188.png
178KB, 490x327px
>>52305212

This the part where you tell me TKs would have sold just as well as High Elves if only they were supported?
>>
>>52305212
I agree completely, but most of their advertising and image is of Stormcasts, right down to plastering down all over the plastic bags from their stores. Stormcast are the face of AoS and so they'll always get that bit of extra stuff, even if personally I find them to look utterly generic, dull, and uninteresting.

No point wasting time bitching about it anymore when it's been clear for a long time now that that's the situation.
>>
>>52305234
Labelled by the imaginary people you pull out of your ass?

Nobody with half a brain thinks ironjawz are bad.
>>
>>52305224
Says the guy whining about a faction we haven't seen any rules for so far.
>>
>>52304730
Tree and Spite revenants look like Elves because they're a mockery of the Elves.

The elves failed, the elves betrayed the forests, the elves proved that quickbloods were incapable of meeting the standards of the Sylvaneth.

So the Tree Revenants were born into Ghyran totake their place as guardians and wardens, protectors of the glades. A true warrior caste, but with none of the cowardice, betrayal and inferiority of the verminous elves.

A sort of inside joke that the wanderers, Sylvaneth and Alarielle understand but is lost on say, Stormcast or Dwarves.
>>
>>52304906
I can't wait for elf fags to be BTFO eternally as the new fyreslayers. So many of my friends want to start with elves and I need to cull the stinking knife ears with my trees.
>>
>>52305048
>Wanderer

Literally the cowardniggers of elfdom. The high elves and the dark elves might be vermin, but at least they stood and fought.

Even the Skaven stood and fought.

Where were you when the wanderers pissed their big girl panties, fellow trees?
>>
>>52305302
>>52305347
>says a fucking leaf
kek
>>
>>52305323
>BTFO eternally as the new fyreslayers

not sure if you just double posted for attention but this was already answered

>>52305046
>they wont. every release pushes the power creep further in order to drive sales.
>just wait for the broken balloon brigade dwarf rules/points to drop, it'll be a shit show of OP hot mess.
>>
>>52305323
>So many of my friends want to start with elves

I think this sentiment is probably hugely present everywhere. I don't doubt that people will come out of the woodwork to pick up matched play AOS once fleshed out fluff and lines of models for elves hit shelves.

Love them or hate them, elves are hugely popular and will bring a lot of new blood and $$$ into the game.
>>
>>52304687
>reuse some of the existing kits
Oh lol...
Anon...
>>
>>52304451
So this is the big announcement?
>>
>>52305644
Hopefully they legit reveal the entire line at adepticon
>>
>>52304703
Nah, this is just a manchild who has a power-fantasy on stormcasts and needs to make freeguild inferior because his OC is extremely incompetent and needs to make something worse and thus make said OC look good by comparison. ignore him.
>>
File: 1454975767119.jpg (77KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1454975767119.jpg
77KB, 800x533px
>>52305629
>Love them or hate them, elves are hugely popular and will bring a lot of new blood and $$$ into the game.

Good thing they're focusing on Stormies!
>>
>>52305692
>implying FG is not inferior as IG in Gathering Storm
>>
>>52305699
>Good thing they're focusing on Stormies!

my theory on this is that they were deliberately trying to lure 40K space marine players into AOS with what are essentially the same army ported between games.

Small squads of heavy armor super human elite troops worshiping the god emperor. Even if they convinced 25% of space marine fans to pick up a starter kit of sigmarines they cash in on monster profits. Also the 40k space marine formula in terms of driving the setting lore is a proven winner in terms of generating $$$ and interest in the product lines.

but now is the time for elves... glorious elves...
>>
File: Full picture.jpg (41KB, 771x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Full picture.jpg
41KB, 771x1000px
>>52304451
>not even posting the full picture

Also, it's a dick with wings.
>>
File: 1490062857163.jpg (84KB, 813x1375px) Image search: [Google]
1490062857163.jpg
84KB, 813x1375px
>tfw you love elves but not eldar
Who else knows that feel?
>bows and wizards not jetbikes and farseers ok
>>
>>52305763
>but now is the time for elves... glorious elves...
>Warhammer
>glorious elves
lolwut?
>>52305790
>full picture
Shit I hope it's unfinished one
>>
>>52305699
Oh c'mon, they get one release a year, out of eight. Yes, that's quite a level of attention but it's nowhere as bad as you guys make it to be.

Though I want some new pointy ears.
>>
>>52305790
It looks Slaaneshi in nature
>>
>>52305790
>>52304721
>>
>>52305790
it looks too flat, the skin needs a wash and everything needs highlights.
>>
http://www.mengelminiatures.com/2017/03/the-unofficial-tomb-kings-battletome.html?m=1#more

ITS OUT LADS
>>
>>52305946
I read that as Mengele miniatures and wondered what the fuck you were linking for a little while there, Anon.
>>
>>52305946
while this is awesome and its super high quality and obviously a lot of love went into making it I have to ask the obvious question.

since its not official, can't be used in GW stores, and won't be part of tournaments what good really is this?
>>
>>52306000
>what good really is this?
It depends on if the rules presented identical to the official warscrolls for Tomb Kings. If so, it's a handy compendium to keep them all together. If it's inventing its own rules for stuff, then it's really only useful among your friends who are okay with you using it.
>>
>>52305946
Wouldnt play against anyone trying to use that book
>>
File: 1457043442792.png (3KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1457043442792.png
3KB, 200x200px
>>52305946

>unofficial
>>
File: burns1.jpg (22KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
burns1.jpg
22KB, 512x384px
>>52305946
>morturary
>>
>>52305946

I can't wait to never allow anyone to use this fanfic shit.
>>
>>52305946
Unofficial so...
W H O G I V E S A F U C K
>>
>>52306136
Yeah anon, fuck letting anyone being a possible threat to our teleporting Stormcasts
>>
File: IMG_3026.jpg (23KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3026.jpg
23KB, 238x212px
>>52304721
I hope so anon. I hope so.
>>
>>52306149
>disliking Stormcasts
Remind me anon, why are you here?
>>
>>52305946
It's obvious lots of work went in to this and it's really impressive looking
>>
>>52306149
Stormcast are fine

The new battletome is strictly weaker than the Warrior Brotherhood

git gud
>>
>>52306173

>AoS general Rule #1: You must like Stormcasts

Fuck off, kiddo
>>
File: aiaiai.gif (2MB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
aiaiai.gif
2MB, 450x250px
>Djafs incantation of cursed blades on a unit of 6+ necropolis knights
>>
>>52306149
Holy shit are you stupid?
How does an unofficial wish list in ANY WAY counter a legitimate army?
Calling out some fan made PDF for what it is- useless outside of your friends or game store- doesn't make you a storm cast fan. Shit I play Ironjawz.
>>
>>52306269
Non anon, but I play pestilens. You're better off than me by default.
>>
File: 2017-03-22 (1).png (1MB, 1032x948px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-22 (1).png
1MB, 1032x948px
Posting the stuff from the battletome
>>
File: 2017-03-22 (2).png (2MB, 1019x959px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-22 (2).png
2MB, 1019x959px
>>
>>52306334
Fuck off with that unofficial shit, Anon.
>>
File: 2017-03-22 (3).png (2MB, 1013x957px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-22 (3).png
2MB, 1013x957px
>>
>>52306334
you really don't need to, if people want to see it they can just click on the link
>>52306350
why do you hate fun?
>>
>>52306373
Probably the same guy that keeps getting upset about people not rebasing their miniatures to round bases.
>>
>>52303704
Non-Chaos factions actually have a chance at winning.
>>
>>52306350
>Entire hobby is about making your dudes and custom stories and content with your friends
>UNOFFICIAL BATTLETOME REEEEEEEE

WAAC fags are the worst
>>
>>52306415
>>52306373

Because there's already rules for Tomb Kings stuff.
>>
>>52306304
We are both in the same shit boat of having been given Battle tomes designed WITHOUT the GHB in mind. So we aren't getting an update for a long long time.
So we are better than all but the most broken Conpendium factions (Tomb Kings) and tiny sub factions, and miles behind factions updated with GHB in mind (tree peoples, BCR, Bonesplittas, SCE, Khorne, Tzeetch, all future shit)
>>
>>52306188
>the Warrior Brotherhood

Warrior Brotherhood formation is still useable right? the FAQ allowing the use of any version of any warscroll should have meant that nothing was removed from the toolkit of SC players.
>>
>>52306415
Get it on Warhammer Community site as Official for use, and I will care.
But I don't give a shit about home brew shit.
Hell look at the spells. #4.
7 casting. For something THAT fucking powerful? Home brew is NEVER balanced- even compared to GW shit. The Bias is NEVER completely erased. Because if you were neutral about the faction, why the fuck would you do all the work?
>>
>>52306478
Yes its still technically usable but given the way they changed the Azyros and Lightning Strike it is fair to assume that they will be removing it from matched play in GHB 2
>>
>>52306350
>how dare you try to have fun in an unauthorised manner
>>
>>52306207
>>AoS general Rule #1: You must like Stormcasts
Well the whole setting and game focused on them, so yes, it's like bitching about Ultramarines in 40k general.
>>52306373
>fun
>unplayable, unofficial bopok for unsupported army
>>
>unofficial passion project that has a lot of love and time put into it
>LMAO HOW SHIT, IM SO ELITIST
>>
>>52305302
>Tree and Spite revenants look like Elves because they're a mockery of the Elves.

They are not mockeries. The Everqueen created them to honour the Wood Elf forest protectors of the World that Was. The revenants don't know much about their inspiration but they strive to live up to them.
>>
>>52305946
>9th age artworks
>>
File: 60572.jpg (86KB, 1024x478px) Image search: [Google]
60572.jpg
86KB, 1024x478px
so is he back?
>>
>>52306830
He's been back for a long time.

He's Malerion.
>>
>>52306644
Yep, Warhammer is an elite hobby club, any problems?
>>
File: IMAG0106.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0106.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
>>52294808
Not painted yet as I've been working on their bases, but pretty happy with the Co version
>>
File: 1489707741880.jpg (253KB, 1024x1847px) Image search: [Google]
1489707741880.jpg
253KB, 1024x1847px
SHOW ME THE ELVES!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
also please dont mess thier faces up this time gw for fuck sake
>>
elffags are the worst
>>
>>52307077
Found the dorf fag
>>
>>52304906

>Typical pointy-eared mentality. You miss being OP with endless re-rolls in WHFB?
>>
>>52307257
elves have never been anything but the weakest of weak armies in the entire life of the game AOS. I don't know what this WHFB thing you're on about has to do with AOS but I think it has its own sub-forum for discussions related to it.
>>
>>52307257
Elves are the master race and our rules should reflect that fact, you contemptuous little slug
>>
>>52304067
They should get an update. They weren't squatted like TK or bretonnia, and have been mentioned in fluff. Just gotta wait for it.
>>
>>52307330
>They should get an update.
Yes, like dispossessed.
>>
>>52307330
>They weren't squatted like TK or bretonnia
Dude almost half of their modelline was squatted.
At best they could be added to some new faction like Savage Orcs
>>
>>52307304

>weakest in AoS
No shit Sherlock, because they haven't been updated yet. I'm saying I don't want to see GW repeat history and make Aelves retardedly strong.

It's Elf-fucking neckbeard faggots like this one

>>52307317

Always thinking that, no matter what, Elves should always be the best at everything.

>All I want is balance and fairness.
>>
Anyone got a rough tier list for how factions/armies are standing at the moment?
>>
>>52307591
Yes, it's on this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU
>>
>>52307469
>because they haven't been updated yet.
And what makes you think they will get update swince their modellines are old as fuck?
>>
>>52307304
High Elves are top tier since AOS release, git gud
>>
>>52307469
>All I want is balance and fairness.

you do realize that the game isn't even anywhere in the neighborhood of balanced right?

GW even deliberately power creeps the new releases to drive sales.
>>
>>52307769
>High Elves are top tier since AOS release, git gud

>he doesn't realize they never placed in a single tournament anywhere

>He actually thinks high elves are good

you're hilarious.
>>
>>52307778
explain Fyreslayers
>>
>>52307591
God Tier
Tomb Kings (might change with GHB 2 point values)

High Tier
Seraphon (cant beat tomb kings, struggle vs stormcast, easily beat everything else)
High Elves
Stormcast
Beastclaw

Mid Tier
Sylvaneth
Bonesplitterz
Ironjawz
Tzeentch
Mixed Death
Mixed Chaos
Clan Skryre

Low Tier
Everyone else

Shit Tier
Khorne Mortal (might change with new book in April)
>>
>>52306334
What really shitty homebrew.
>entire army gets a 6+ ward save
>plus moment shenanigans
>oh, and a rerollable 6+ ward save if near the Hierophant
>oh, and casting three spells a turn lel
>but I'm retarded and forgot about unbinding
And that's not even getting into the spells. I'm a former TK player and even I think that shit's faggy.
>>
>>52307808
You dont need to place well in tournaments for your faction to be good

Tomb Kings are objectively the most powerful army in the game and they are very rarely present at a tournament

High Elves are top tier, only bad players dont see it
>>
>>52307842
Describe why High Elves are top tier.

Repeater castles and phoenix spam?
>>
>>52307834
>making a liche priest your general instead of settra

LOL

>taking Tomb Kings allegiance and not taking a necromancer for Vanhels Dance on necro knights

LOL
>>
>>52307818
pretty much first release. Lots of power creep since then has happened.
>>
>>52307822
Beastclaw is not top tier, mixed destruction (aka rukk + tusks + fanatics) is. Also high elves have literally 0 placings.
>>
>>52307842
tomb kings won the UK grand Tournament.

High elves won zero tournament anywhere.

you're hilarious
>>
>>52307822
>a fuckwit's first post
>>
>>52307822
I'd say that sylvaneth too are high tier. Other than that I'd say this is pretty spot on. For all the bemoaning of skryrefire being op how many tourneys do we know that army has won?
>>
>>52307855
its because back in 7th and 8th editions there was this guy that beat him with elves a lot and was mean about it and now his world view is permanently crippled by the perception that elves are the best strongest army. Even in a totally different game with totally different rules and in spite of mountains of actual evidence to the contrary.
>>
File: IMG_3528.jpg (57KB, 675x530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3528.jpg
57KB, 675x530px
>>52306477
Well actually nurgle might get a tome that includes my rats, soooo
>>
>>52307954
That's my outlook on beastclaw
>>
>>52307855
Spearmen and Phoenix Guard are very cost effective units to deal with mortal wound spam meta

Phoenixes cant get 1 turn sniped by any kind of shooting, even the sayl + stormfiend + WLC focus fire that cripples most armies in a single round. Very effective wall unit with a 0+ save and 4+ ignore.

Teclis counters Tomb King 9 NK lists, Beastclaw stonehorn rush, slaneesh chariots; any kind of fast list.

Prince on Dragon with Loremaster spell does huge damage on the charge, high mobility makes it easy to avoid threats until its time to go offensive

>>52307901
Almost nobody plays High Elves because of how GW split the army into a bunch of terrible mini factions. But if you play with compendium then high elves are amazing.
Tournament results are skewed by army popularity. If a 64 player tournament had 50 stormcast players does that mean Stormcast is the best army in the game? No, it just means they're popular.
Nobody played Beastclaw until they got updated, even though the best part about Thundertusks and Stonehorns was always there.
Nobody played Tomb Kings until it became very obvious that they were overpowered. Even the SCGT didn't realize how powerful they were and massively undercosted them, which translated to the GHB 1.0 point values being far too low for NK, Settra, and RWS.

>>52307890
>rukk + tusk
Well meme'd, but anyone with half a brain can beat a destruction shooting list.
If your army is hard countered by Eternal Starhost then it's a bad army. I only list Bonesplitterz in mid tier because it is popular enough that you need to consider its presence at a tournament.

>>52307943
Skryre isnt op, but it has a plethora of good units. Nobody runs pure skryre lists, but they can catch people unaware. like bonesplitterz you need to consider them as a potential opponent when building your list.
>>
>>52308100
>play with compendium
Illegal. Have to use the more updated versions of war scrolls.
>>
>>52308100
So Sensei, what's your 2k High Elf list. I got nearly all of the models in the range and I'm a tournament player. I'll throw together the list and prove your point this Adepticon. That is, if you're correct.
>>
>>52308100
Meanwhile in mixed destruction gets countered by the 0.2 guys playing Eternal Starhost each tournament land ..
>>
>>52308152
No, you dont
>>
>>52308100
Where do you list the three big skaven armies (pestilens, skryre, and verminus)?
I love my rats, but beastclaw, and sce keep stomping me (I'm pestilens)
>>
>>52308152
Nope. Show me where it says that.
>>
>>52308185
None of them are good as solo factions

Unfortunately the best way to play skaven is to take skaven shooting units that do mortal wounds (sayl + 6 stormfiends is a very popular combo) and put a line of plaguebearers in front of them. Then bring large daemons like GUO and kairos.

Slow melee armies like Clan Pestilens are not viable because they are too easy to counter
>>
>>52308209
It's more logic than a written rule. It's like using 6th ed 40k rules in a 7th ed game
>>
>>52308231
So basically I wasted my $300 getting into the hobby with them, because he pushed them with their "release"
>>
>>52308255
Gw*
>>
>>52308255
Basically, yeah. You got GeeDub'd.
>>
>>52308255
If all youre looking to do is play tournaments? Yes, you wasted your money

Theres a lot more to AOS than just matched play tournaments, though
>>
>>52308255
>So basically I wasted my $300 getting into the hobby with them,
Nope
>>
>>52308238
Different anon.
So, basically, you aren't forced to. My LGS's, the three I go to, allow for so and I have yet to hear people not using compendium scrolls if ALL they use is compendium.
>>
>>52308280
I have 0 interest in tournament play
>>
>>52308294
Then just have fun
>>
>>52308238
Read the FAQ, it explicitly states you can use any version of a warscroll
>>
>>52308288
Oh, I'm a different anon too. That sounds fair
>>
>>52308255
Getting butthurt before you have a book is retarded
If you get a skaven book and they still suck thats when you start autisticly screeching
>>
Would a chaos beast army work?

Mixing

>Brayherds
>Warherds
>Monsters of Chaos
>Thunderscorn

I'm not quite straight on the armybuilding rules, but that could be done, right?
>>
>>52308304
Problem is that everyone at the only lgs near my place ONLY plays tournaments. First game was a mixed destruction beat down, second was stormcast just shitting on me, and recently the destruction guy started sylvaneth
>>
>>52308324
Pestilens already got a book, so its at least another year or two till gw actually updates their shit
>>
>>52308324
Oh wait you do have a book lol
>>
>>52308393
And guess what? It wasn't even good for it's time
>>
>>52308304
>Then just have fun losing pretty much whenever you play
Fix'd.
>>
>>52308176
he won't cause you cant, cause they aren't that good. Best I've found is not pure high elves but combined elves.

compendium alarielle
loremaster
handmaiden of everqueen
high elf dragon lord
dark elf dragon lord
1 unit sisters of avelorn
1 unit sisters of slaughter
1 unit sisters of the thorn
3 units darkshards
>>
>>52308351
Yes, any chaos can be with any other chaos.
>>
>>52308436
>playing cartoony villains army
>surprising why is he losing
>>
File: Plast-197.jpg (61KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Plast-197.jpg
61KB, 1024x768px
Reminder that there is no such thing as high elves, wood elves or dark elves in AoS, as they were all united as a race during the end times. Any seperation of elves will be in different grand alliances, thus making evil elves chaos and probably slaaneshi. Look familiar? No pun intended
>>
>>52308465
That looks worse than just doing the dragon noble otk gimmick list.
>>
Just bought the starter set yesterday and have been having a blast assembling the Stormcast models. Can't wait to start painting!

What are other "must purchase" items that I should get in order to get the most out of my new hobby?
>>
>>52308641
A noose
Stormcuck
>>
>>52308641
A gun to blow your brains out.
>>
>>52308628
>Any seperation of elves

Wanderer, Exile and Highborn are already things.
>>
>>52308632

there is a lot going on in the list that isn't obvious until you really understand the warscrolls and thing through how it plays on the table.

for example the sisters of slaughter buffed by sisters of thorn combo is particularly nasty.
>>
Pestilens guy still around? Grab some Nurgle guys
>>
>>52308641
Another player to run Bloodbound so you can play.

If you mean for your army, get some cavelry.
>>
>>52308641
An airbrush and Vallejo surface primer, while in no way required, will save you money on spray cans and time in the long run. Intro airbrush sets are 120 on eBay. Make sure the compressor has a tank and get a paint vent pot off amazon with some brush cleaner.
>>
File: Best arts.png (2MB, 1624x1058px) Image search: [Google]
Best arts.png
2MB, 1624x1058px
Post good AoS art.
>>
I need inspiration for an unusual army. I don't wanna be yet another SCE/Ironjawz/Bloodbound player.
>>
>>52308769
Pure Eldritch Council.
>>
File: 1313846252062.jpg (327KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
1313846252062.jpg
327KB, 1200x799px
>>52297159
>>52296950
Preach-squeek rat-kin

Don't we have the most non-plastic kits to rules ratio? The Spire Skaven are a really weird exception. If GW ever get around to updating all the Skaven Clans (Children of the Horned Rat Battletome when?) it would be the perfect times to finally update the ancient sculpts they all have: Weapon Teams, Jezzails, PSB, all of Moulder and Eshin.

And those will be glorious times. Remember when we left the metal lightning cannon and monkey clan-rats?
>>
>>52308769
Sylvaneth from the realm of Metal.
Metallic trees and chrome everywhere
>>
>>52308769
How many points? Anything you like look/flavorwise?
>>
>>52308821

1k points. Non-Order preferably, I prefer Chaos, Death or Destruction.
>>
>>52308907
Ice Bonesplitters.
>>
>>52308907
Cool looking Army:
Necromancer on Steed, Wight King on Steed, 2x20 Zombies, 2x5 Blood Knights

Also Spire of Dawn Skaven + Battalion + Warp Lightning Cannon

For semi competitve play tzeentch daemons (skyfires, shaman on disk, horrors) + StD tarpit

Also there probably is a cool weirdnob balefire vortex list
>>
>>52308641
Ignore the other fucks Jesus Christ.
Get the Warscroll app and the LATEST Storm cast tome
What models do you like the look of?
How would you like to play? SCE can play anything, except wizards, really.
Go from there. Also the Start Collecting is a decent idea to get a full unit of Paladins.
>>
>>52308680
I have lots of nurgle daemons already. About 1000+ points of 40k. I just don't have a GUO or beasts
>>
>>52308641
The best way to enjoy the hobby is always to find likeminded people and playing the game together.

On the hobby side, I would suggest considering how you would like to decorate your bases. A well done base really adds to the models.

If you enjoy stormcasts and are looking to expand your collection, the start collecting box is a pretty good deal. Judicators and/or Procecutors with javalins are also great units to add some ranged fire to your army. Paladins (Retributors, Protectors and Decimators) or Draothian Guard (Concussors, Fulmimators, Desolators and Tempestors) can add some hitting strengh to your army. All the warscrolls can be gotten free from the AoS app so it is recommended to check it out. You may even find other models that you may like.

For books, you could read the pdfs from the mega in the OP post. Of those, the general's handbook is probably what you should check out first.
>>
Post your dudes!
>>
File: 2014-01-24 10.05.11.jpg (211KB, 1435x1537px) Image search: [Google]
2014-01-24 10.05.11.jpg
211KB, 1435x1537px
>>52308812
So here's an interesting question: will pestilens be put into the nurgle or the skaven tome? Or will they just share the rules and allegiances for them?
>>
>>52308907
Spiderfang Grots. Because fuck yeah, a board covered with spider cavalry. I may or may not be biased by the fact that I just got 60 spider riders off ebay for cheap.
>>
>>52308723
paul postan
>>
>>52308641
Not this person but I've started assembling an army too after just buying recently and I have a few questions about painting and assembling. When should I prime, like before or after I assemble them? It seems like it might be awkward to use a spray primer after assembling, but it seems like most people do it after. Also how much should I thin my paints? A lot of the GW videos only show them putting a few drops of water on their pallet, but I've heard that you should make it really thin so I don't know.
>>
>>52309261
I usually do 2-3 healthy brush loads of paint to one brush load/dip of water.

Ask yourself, will this be a bitch to paint after assembly? If yes, prime separately or else it'll be 4x as bad as you think.

Get an airbrush to prime with. Even if you only use it to prime, let alone base coat, it pays itself off in a single armies worth of priming. Also, enjoy priming without worrying about the weather.
>>
>>52309261
When it comes to assembling stuff I'd only leave it off if it's going to get in the way of painting.
As for thinning paint people often chuck the phrase "milk like consistency" around. Thinning is something you'll naturally pick up on the more you paint, just remember though it's always better to be too thin than too thick
>>
>>52309261
Okay so it really depends on what you want to do.

Some people partially assemble, prime, paint the sub-assemblies then put it all together once it's done. This allows you to get at every single spot on the model.

Others put the whole thing together and then paint it, which sometimes blocks off some parts of the model from being painted properly, but these people don't care, usually because you can't really see these parts easily.

Others still prime while the parts are on the sprue. These people are cancer. You have to cut them off the sprues and scrape mould-lines after that, which you can't do without pulling paint off, which means you have to prime them all over again.

And you want your paint roughly the same consistancy as milk.
>>
>>52309332
>Others still prime while the parts are on the sprue.
Does ANYONE actually do this? Honestly just thought it was a meme at this point.
>>
>>52309387
I paint my entire army on the sprue
>>
>>52309410
get out and stay out
>>
>>52309074
GRAB MORE NURGLES

>tfw GW won't just let Pestilens rats ride those rot flies
>>
>>52309545
I have a few at home mounted on gryph hounds
>>
If the anon playing pestilent is still around I'd be more than happy to answer your rat related questions.

T. Someone with 5k+ points of Skaven
>>
>>52305946
Some relics are a tad on the strong side, but the rest seems overall fine.
I'd love to play against that.
>>
>>52309710
Well I'm pretty sure I've optimized my list. If they ever make censers good (lol), I can use my gryph hound mounted rats as censers (they all have flails)
>>
File: milek-jakubiec-beastmen_art.jpg (466KB, 1400x875px) Image search: [Google]
milek-jakubiec-beastmen_art.jpg
466KB, 1400x875px
>>52309141
>Post your dudes!

If you say so:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DleJ7guokNXxnsKZX7hu-vjRa0Hw4edANjkYRwm0PDY/edit?usp=sharing
Thread posts: 426
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.