[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mook Makers, Minion Masters, and Minimech Manufacturers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: MookMaker.jpg (73KB, 350x199px) Image search: [Google]
MookMaker.jpg
73KB, 350x199px
How many different flavours of "dude that commands other dudes" can you think of? Off the top of my head:

- Druid-type commanding plant-creatures or animals
- Necromancer-type commanding the dead
- Artificer-type commanding mechanical creatures
- Thrallherd controlling the weak-willed
>>
Ultra-charismatic tactician who ends up recruiting just about every NPC he meets
Spiritcaller or whatever who temporarily calls forth their ancestors as spirits
Shaman who calls forth/forms elementals from the environment
Lurker in the Swarm whose body is a hive for a swarm of insects
Bard who calls forth spirits/ancestors/whoever to play the other instruments in his band
Dominator who repeatedly mind-controls people
Ophiuchus accompanied by a bunch of floating spirit weapons (I picture like Guild Wars 2 Guardians but psionically-wielding an armory works too)
>>
>>52289992
I'd say Dominator's another kind of thrallherd.

Crystalmancer, controlling crystalline beings, and casting light based spells through their refractions.
>>
>>52288353
Do illusionists with armies of illusory goblin count?
>>
>>52291609
Yes, particularly if they use nethermancy/shadowmagic to make the illusions partially real. They don't have to be goblins either.
>>
the guy that has lived in X environment so long that he has befriended all of X small animal

the guy who breaks parts off his own body to make minions

the rigger with their swarm of drones
>>
>>52288353
A pact maker, summoning beings (devils, angels, and fae alike) that he made pacts with previously.
>>
>>52291760
But true illusions, mostly for the fear factor. And yeah of course not but why make a massive army of a creature that's not normally found in massive groups?
>>
>>52289992
>Ophiuchus accompanied by a bunch of floating spirit weapons (I picture like Guild Wars 2 Guardians but psionically-wielding an armory works too)

I like the idea of the psychic armory, but rather than wielding the weapons, the creator distributes them throughout the world, acting as their eyes and ears, and potentially sleeper cells.
>>
>>52291933
Oh also

the psion who implants his mind in other people and slowly grows an army of himself
>>
I feel like their should be a categorization system for this.

Like, Minion Number/source/dependence.

Dependence being either:
Independent
Needs Orders
Needs Orders (simple only)
Preprogrammed
Hive Mind (Master independent)
Hive Mind (Master part of)
>>
>>52288353
And evil alien AI that destroys the world with a clone army of Tom Cruise.
>>
>>52292065
So it's really more a description of what the commanding guy is doing when the mooks are doing their thing?
>>
The super who's power is multiplying himself.
>>
I always loved the modern action movie version of Lieutenant with impossibly coordinated group of tacticool soldiers.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.