[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>crunch has been overloaded with nonsense since 3rd edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 99560101444_RobouteGuilliman360.jpg (147KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99560101444_RobouteGuilliman360.jpg
147KB, 600x620px
>crunch has been overloaded with nonsense since 3rd edition
>too many models for proper skirmish gameplay
>expensive as fuck
>GW is shit, as you all know, warping the game around their desire to sell miniatures while simultaneously handing out the license like candy to every shit-tier developer just to give people a taste so they'll drop $800 on plastic toys
>lore has gone nowhere for a decade

Why do you guys love 40k so much? Why do you think 8E can save it? Not trying to agitate, just seriously interested to know.
>>
We literally had this thread yesterday.
And the fluff hasn't gone nowhere, it has gone down the shitter.
>>
>>52280636

1. I don't any more. I started with 2E (I had RT but never played it before 2E came out). 40k got shit around 5E. There have been a few decent things since then - e.g the new DE and Admech lore - but most new stuff has been meh, crap or terrible.

2. 8E will be all the worst of 7E with a few new token rules to make people buy the book.
>>
File: 1409952399471.gif (949KB, 301x300px) Image search: [Google]
1409952399471.gif
949KB, 301x300px
>>52280636

Can I say one thing

Discussing 40k on /tg/ makes me hate it.
>>
>>52280636

It's too big to die.

All these people making money off the coattails of GW keep shilling it.

GW has far more physical stores than its nearest competitor.

You can find a game in any city in the world.

When 40K dies (and it will as they all do eventually) it will be measured over decades not a single edition.

Look at Fantasy. Once over it was the premier game. It probably took it 15 - 20 years to crash and even then GW keeps it on life support in AoS.
>>
>>52280636
I don't play nearly enough to be qualified to say this but, I don't think this is really a "skirmish" game.

Kill team is cheaper.

The lore should sort of go nowhere. I think the beauty of the grim dark is that resistance is useless, all of this will come to naught and any gains of any campaign will be lost eventually.

Any character should seem interchangeable. Because when they die the shiftiest will continue in a similar manner.
>>
cannot wait for 11e when people post how 7e was the high point
>>
3rd-4th era edition fluff was good.
>>
File: HELP TODD.png (713KB, 1274x1711px) Image search: [Google]
HELP TODD.png
713KB, 1274x1711px
>GW is shit, as you all know, warping the game around their desire to sell miniatures while simultaneously handing out the license like candy to every shit-tier developer just to give people a taste so they'll drop $800 on plastic toys

>There will never be a Red Orchestra with the Imperial guard vs the Lost and the Damned

Wake me up.
>>
File: 1465424723850.jpg (98KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
1465424723850.jpg
98KB, 504x470px
>>52281380
feels bad man
>>
>>52281021
Hate which one? 40k or /tg/?
>>
>>52280636
>Why do you guys love 40k so much?
Most of people just spent too much time and money on hobby just to srop it.
>>52281148
>GW keeps it on life support in AoS.
Emmm... nope, AoS is kind of straight opposite to Fantasy. They just keep using Fanatsy modellines, because they cannot focus on new armies for AoS only.
>>
I like the lore (especially Space Marines fluff) and enjoy painting the miniatures. Plus my local community is really friendly and fun to talk to about 40k
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.