[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Due to some rather archaic stipulations, I find that paladins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

Due to some rather archaic stipulations, I find that paladins are often forced into one-dimensional goody two shoes heal tanks. I feel that this is a pretty bum deal to characters of one of the most useful classes in many systems.

How would you RP an interesting paladin while not straying from the lawful-good alignment?
>>
>>52271351
Knight in sour armor? It can be very very tiring having to be the good guy.

Alternately go down the Deus Vult path a bit. You don't have to be a full, frothing-at-the-mouth genocidist, but your paladin could certainly have anger issues.
>>
File: 189342982408.jpg (51KB, 599x321px) Image search: [Google]
189342982408.jpg
51KB, 599x321px
>>
>>52271418
But even D&D 4e and 5e did away with the alignment restriction to lawful good
Older editions also had shit like Grey/Black/Rainbow-guard for other kinds of paladins
>>
>>52271456
OK, so the problem is 3.5e. Got it. So have you tried not played 3.5e? Or, god forbid, Pathfinder?
>>
Make them fall. That makes everything interesting.

But seriously, I think it could help to consider which god the paladin serves. A less Christian approach to what a paladin's duties and codes will make them more diverse.
>>
>>52271489
Yeah, I have tried CoC, D&D 4e, a bit off Eclipse Phase, FATE, Savage Worlds and Dogs in the Vineyard.
The last one even gives you quite a few ways to play a paladin, as in warrior of god who does "good". Only played it for a few sessions and in a custom setting, rather than the regular one, but it was really inspiring, because it showed: it really is all about conviction and force of will, rather than something vague as alignments
>>
File: CPHB Ethos Chapter.pdf (5MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
CPHB Ethos Chapter.pdf
5MB, 1x1px
>>52271351
Or just this book in general.
>>
File: ulric.jpg (134KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
ulric.jpg
134KB, 760x596px
You could go full Lawful Literal.
>>
Yes yes I'm using a shitty image macro but it gets the point across. You can be goody two-shoes all you want as long as you get the job done and are open to interpretation.
>>
>>52271504
>Norse paladin
would it be badass?
>>
>>52272143
Confucianist paladins are better.
>>
>>52271456
Lawful Good wasn't the reason paladins were pigeonholed, it was the players' inability to differentiate between lawful and law-abiding.
>>
File: 1477671290415.jpg (28KB, 216x278px) Image search: [Google]
1477671290415.jpg
28KB, 216x278px
>There is people who still thinks that class equals occupation
>>
>>52271351
5e paladins aren't tanks, they have the highest burst damage in the game and their healing is a side thing
they're not alignment restricted either
>>
File: Miko is a Samurai.gif (148KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
Miko is a Samurai.gif
148KB, 700x933px
>>52273810
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.