[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you ever have any women in your group? How badly was the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 20

File: 1489443833374.png (907KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1489443833374.png
907KB, 650x650px
Did you ever have any women in your group?

How badly was the group disrupted because of this?
>>
I do and it wasn't. It was actually an improvement imo, she's a good player.
>>
File: 1489676834163.jpg (47KB, 406x466px) Image search: [Google]
1489676834163.jpg
47KB, 406x466px
I play and DM with my gf
She's often the most active and involved player in the group, as well as the best DM of us all
If you have disruption problems in your gaming group, it's because yoj play with shitty people
>>
>>52269266
i really, really like this sheep

can i save it?
>>
>>52268926
Two women in an online group. One character was a major enhancement to the party and the other was just fine.
>>
File: anus cream.jpg (118KB, 640x796px) Image search: [Google]
anus cream.jpg
118KB, 640x796px
Yes, a good number of the groups I've played and run games in have had women in them. Not all, but definitely more than half.

Generally the groups have not been disrupted, and in the situations where they have it has either been because of dipshit men who can't keep their shit together around women in a social context, or because the women were dipshits themselves. Not because of their womanhood alone.

The vast majority of women I've played with have been engaged with the game, excited to play and not disruptive. I notice a slight tendency towards role-play over roll-play, but I think that's socially learned behavior rather than something innate.

Have another Harlan Ellison edit.
>>
I've had 3 total. 2 of them were pretty awful to play with and I ended up leaving the group. The third is my girlfriend and she is wonderful. I got worried one time cause her character got murdered hard early in the campaing, but she laughed it off and made something new.
>>
I have a woman in my group, she's perfectly fine and probably the best roleplayer we've got.
>>
>>52269252
Same, the girl in our group had been a friend for a long time, and was a the single biggest Tolkien-fag among us. Once she'd gotten used to the general tomfoolery our D&D tended to consist of, she blended right in.

she spent one campaign playing what was essentially a female Landsknecht, fighting a boozing and robbing and generally boasting her way to victory with ridiculously extravagant armor and an enormous zweihander. She once nailed an intimidate roll to spend a day posing menacingly on the bow of our small river ferry to dissuade bandits from attacking us, and killed and orcish chieftain in single combat, after which she proclaimed herself the new chief, and claimed his tent as her own.
>>
>>52269277
Go on, it's all yours my friend ;)
>>
>>52268926
yeah, one of the player's girlfriends

and not at all, if anything she doesn't get involved enough, because when she does, she tends to do some interesting shit with characters
>played a crazy cat mage in our MTG RPG test, her unique ability was to turn creatures into 1/1 cats and to create cat tokens
>>
>>52268926
Over my years, Three women have been at my table. The first was a fine roleplayer, if a bit mary sueish but got into character and took things seriously. Then she broke up with my brother and I took it harder than he did.

Another was willing to try but quite nervous and wanted a lot of hand holding. We would ask "What do you do?" and she would respond "I dont know!"
Ive met some blokes who do that too though. I think we could have taught her to overcome but that campaign didnt last long, and she was busy a lot anyway.

The third is an absolute gem who I hope stays around. She's the sister of one of my other gaming mates, takes everything seriously whilst joining in on jokes and has been sketching up things for her and other characters in some of our games. Most recently, she helped draw the map, drew her character and we are collectively designing a uniform for the Town Watch in our warhammer fantasy campaign, where she hopes to become a gender bent clint eastwood mother of two redheaded twins.
>>
>>52268926
I've 3 girls at my table (Two are the girlfriends of the other players). All of them veteran, and all of then Roleplayers while the male are nothing but a bunch of minmaxer and munchkin.
>>
>>52269266
It's wrong to fuck sheep.
>>
one group, from in college was mostly women, went fine. Last group had one young woman, she decided her bipolar meds were no longer needed, and after about 2 weeks had a major freakout in the host's bathroom. (she also decided that she wanted to sleep with the one married guy in the group) She was no longer invited back after that.
>>
>>52269483
Yeah, they're bad at roleplaying games too.
>>
>>52269483
Please, my girlfriend isn't a sheep
but she's the GOAT
>>
I have play with some groups that were mixed while at uni. As long as people don't spreg out then it can be a nice time for everyone.
>>
>probably bait OP
>people post in a civil manner proving bait wrong

This isn't the /tg/ I know, but I like it
>>
>>52269283
I've seen this too. Ran a campaign for a group from the my universities rolepalying club, and the two girls who showed up were fantastic. One clearly had no idea what they were doing, but were more than willing to learn.

The guys though? Dick jokes, over the top shenanigans, constant one upping and interrupting... eurgh.
>>
File: 1447204762148.jpg (138KB, 404x428px) Image search: [Google]
1447204762148.jpg
138KB, 404x428px
>>52269503
You're a fag, but I've got to give you props for that one. Still a fag, but a fag with props.
>>
>>52268926
Most of my groups are around 40-50% female.

It has never been a problem.
>>
I ran a game for an entirely female group of players for a while. It was, for the most part, a great game - they came up with backstories for how they all knew each other, played their characters well, and were pretty creative in solving problems.

I did have one player try to base her ranger on Hawkeye, but that's just how these things go.
>>
Two women currently, one past.
Past player was a solid group leader. Always had a good plan on how to proceed.
Current ones, one is super good. Contributes well to RP and combat. The other makes a lot of dumb decisions, but that's more she's kinda dumb ooc.
>>
File: Lady Maria.png (237KB, 715x501px) Image search: [Google]
Lady Maria.png
237KB, 715x501px
>>52268926
>This shit again
>>
>>52268926
Never had a problem with female players. Never had a problem caused by having female players. I didn't even have the "classic" blunder of socially inept faggot who couldn't handle presence of a woman next to him, playing the same game as he does. I'm playing since 2002 and next month I will "celebrate" a decade of GMing.

Also, this meme is fucking stale and boring, even as part of the "board culture"
>>
>>52269252
Is no one going to accuse this person of being JDF, or is that just a /pol/ thing?
>>
File: 1369038209669.png (13KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
1369038209669.png
13KB, 381x380px
Is this a troll thread?
>>
the girl in my group is the one who gets everyone together.
>>
Aside from extreme snowflake syndrome and her tendency to be flirty with the group our female member is OK, she does disrupt the group though pretty badly sometimes but we have two guys who are diagnosed with autism in the group too so it's just like having a third.
I'm actually surprised she sticks around because it's obvious she's uncomfortable with the jokes we make but she insists it's OK. Idk.
Though I've had to kick out 3 women before her and only had to kick out one guy in 10 years.
You build the game for the party you have, not the party you want.
>>
>>52270099
>Is no one going to accuse this person of being JDF, or is that just a /pol/ thing?
Lolwut

>>52270132
>Is this a troll thread?
Yes, retard. We're trolling OP by not giving him what he wants.
>>
>>52268926

Current group is half women. Only straight men are me and my bestie's fiance. Three women + one gay dude.

The women I've played with have generally been great in part because they have backgrounds in Livejournal RPs and the like. You can teach the mechanical aspects of a tabletop RPG much easier than you can teach someone to roleplay.

We have had no creep problems. Turns out straight men are totally capable of treating women with respect, or should be.
>>
>>52268926
There's 6 different girls in my regular gaming groups. It never disrupted anything.
>>
>>52270099
It's a /pol/ thing but since when has /pol/ ever stuck to their own shitpile?
>>
>>52268926
We have two women in our group, and both are good players.

There haven't been any disruptions as a result of them. Our worst player is a guy, and even he is improving and overcoming bad habits.
>>
>>52268926
Never as disruptive as a fat neckbeard with no social skills who loses his shit when a woman is around.
>>
>>52268926
Several times.

Not at all.
>>
>>52270281
To add a bit on that :
>absolute gem, roleplays really well, knows the crunch and GMs CoC. Usually play suboptimal characters with real flaws
>average in crunch but roleplays really well
>average in rp and crunch but at least plays characters fitting her style.
The last 3 are pretty average
>>
>>52268926
50% of the group (used to be a slight majority but we got a new guy recently).

It hasn't been.
>>
>>52268926
It's become fairly evident that the RPG group I'll be joining in a couple weeks will, with the exception of myself, be all female players.

I don't know how to feel about this situation.
>>
>>52270132
It was an attempt.
>>
>>52268926
2 out of 3 were good players.
>>
>>52268926
Yes, of course I did, like every person that has ever played a TTRPG.
Ergo ~30% of /tg/.
>>
The girl in our group is a bit quiet, but is one of the better players
>>
i DM for my girlfriend and her group of friends.

everyone but her is completely green.

it's pretty fun.
>>
>>52268926
Girlfriend of one of players wanted to try it out.

Spent the whole time trying to make Undertale references or being on her phone.

Nothing was accomplished.
>>
I've only had two kinds of experiences but that's across quite a few different games with different women.

They're either really fucking into jamming their fetishes into the game and acting slutty in character (but heaven forbid you call their character a slut).

Or they're passive but still pretty dope to be around because they're just their for some company and ultimately a good time (usually because their boyfriend is in the group).
>>
>>52270479
I know anecdote isn't the plural of evidence or anything, but I can vouch for that first one.

The second not so much, only one passive female player and she wasn't really interested in the game, so it wasn't that fun.
>>
>>52269629
>This isn't the /tg/ I know, but I like it
This is how the /tg/ of old used to be.
>>
>>52268926
Yep, no disruption except for one weird lady. The best horror GM I have ever played with is a woman.
>>
>>52268926
Because my Group isn't stagnant, there are often some female friends in one case a friends girlfriend who want to try it out. but the core of me and 4 others players is mostly constant. The first is really chilled, usually she is the one making lewd jokes. Her Character, a male werewolf which is based on an OC of her is a bit snowflaky and sometimes contraproductive but that don't bothers the most times and out of the roleplay, we keep shipping our Characters because are so annoyed of eachother in the roleplay itself. Which inspired her to some lewd art. The Second One is quite nice, plays a female warrior but sadly has often no time to play. The to others ones are nice to, elven thief and half-elven bard. The both are acting a bit introvert and shy so far, but hey I think most peoble do that when the are new, and the are getting better. The last one plays a ranger that is mute and holds the record for a near-death experience in EVERY Session, but hey, she convinced our dwarf one time to don't kill all the farmers, thats fair enough i guess.
>>
>>52270891
By first, second etc. I mean the womens that I had played with.
>>
>>52268926
>Did you ever have any women in your group?
Yes.

How badly was the group disrupted because of this?
It wasn't the group is still running and doing well.
>>
I've been playing with a group of fa/tg/uys for something like two, two and a half years. I've spent the entire time pretending to be a man for fear of disrupting the group. I wouldn't call myself the best writer but I'm usually engaged and the other members of the group seem to look favourably on my in-character efforts to establish party interactions. I usually play skillmonkeys or tanks that stay out of the spotlight but help other characters have fun.

However, I'm in the process of leaving the group. One of the members, a supposed straight man, showed interest in me and has expressed issues with regards to questioning his sexuality because of me. I never wanted any of this or this kind of attention, but I have difficulty saying no. It's made every weekly session more and more awkward, and it's not something I want to discuss with the rest of the group, so I'm quitting at the end of the current campaign.

Spoilered for blogshit. Sorry for typos it's fuck o'clock in the morning.
>>
>>52268926
>Partner playing novice SOB
>Party skulking through ship in warp infiltrated by Genestealer cult.
>SOB get's the bad stick of random targeting and gets blown up before turn rolls around.
>Rolls new character next session and continues on as normal.

>My groups are normal because neither myself nor the people I run with are huge sperglords like OP.
>>
File: 1482048217436.jpg (47KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1482048217436.jpg
47KB, 460x276px
>>52271097
Holy kek, it's like that one Futurama episode but real.

Do you ever plan to tell him or are you gonna let the poor confused sap think he's gay?
>>
>>52271136
If the guy has already considered "a dude" attractive, he'll either come to terms with being attractive to dudes, or conclude that the physical side is too offputting and isn't gay.
If she goes back and tells him now, it'll only confuse things and prevent his growth more.
>>
>>52271136
I really don't know how to tell him. I feel like it would be a double slap in the face because I'm a lesbian, and thus am not interested in him either way. I imagine it would be less painful for him to be rejected by a straight guy than a gay woman, right? I'm also afraid of disrupting the entire group if he finds out and then tells the others, so I'm at least waiting until the end of our current campaign.

We also play together in another group. In that other group, my girlfriend is also pretending to be a guy and playing with us. I introduced her as my male friend. My girlfriend and the guy play overwatch together now. I'm frightened that him finding out the truth would be absolutely devastating, especially as he's already a depressed alcoholic. What a mess.

I feel bad for him but don't know what to do.
>>
>>52270431
good 'un anon
>>
You have to go back.
>>
>>52271246
But it's more fun to do things the old /tg/ way of trolling trolls by being sensible and on-topic.
By making the conversion of troll threads into productive threads a part of local culture again, it is ensured that boardspace is never wasted.
>>
>>52271268
This is extremely cringey forced discussion about things that never happened.
>>
>>52271215
That is convoluted. Good luck.
>>
>>52271362
Thank you. I hope I don't end up irreparably hurting him.
>>
>>52271310
Elves and dwarves and magic never happened either, anon. But we made a board for it anyway.
>>
File: ihavenoarse.jpg (18KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
ihavenoarse.jpg
18KB, 250x323px
>>52268926
Let's see here. One was married to a friend I made at the FLGS. Only got to play with her and them once, because it was my trial run. I was still young and hadn't shed all my teenage angst. In modern parlance you could say that I had a bad tendency to leak Edgelord. They were the 30ish veteran group. So I failed to get into their group.

There were several "brought their gf to the table" types and those were all shit. One only showed once and had a 20 minute giggle fit. The line "You've either slapped her too much, or not enough" was deployed.

Another was around for a long time in an L5R campaign. Classic GF at the table, three months in and was STILL asking "So how many dice do I roll again?" Made a Tsuruchi, played it like a wood elf in combat (the joke was made that she had a little wagon full of dirt with a tree planted in it so she would have one wherever she went.) Out side of combat the only thing she ever did was climb trees, hide in them and spy on people.

Tried out an exalted game, (1st ed) from an LFG flyer at the FLGS. Dude's GF was running and the favoritism showed from the second she opened her mouth.

Now for this next one, I want you to immagine a hippie chick. You know, tye dye, beads, headband. Likes arts and crafts and just enough musical talent that she could probably make a career as a grade school music teacher.

Got that image? Good.

Now fast forward her to her early 40's. Hair touched with grey. Give her a 10-12 year old son with full blown ADD. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand she never lost any of that prego weight so NOW she's got the build of your average frumpy housewife. And she only plays bards. And since she's single, her kid (the one sorely in need of Ritalin, but clearly isn't getting) is in every game with her.
>>
>>52271372
Different anon here. Just wanted to offer some advice that, you're better off telling him now because the longer it goes on the more painful it'll be when he does find out.

I know you don't want to hurt the poor sod but that ship has already sailed and, from what I can tell, it's a case of a little pain now or a lot of pain later and, the sooner you tell him, the more chance your relationship has of recovering. Obviously I can't force you, but it's just some food for thought.
>>
File: IMG_3129.png (355KB, 1844x3960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3129.png
355KB, 1844x3960px
I know this is a troll thread but still gonna stay on topic.
>>
>>52270099
Get the fuck off of my elf bondage board you crazy nigger
>>
>>52268926

My group is three women and two men. It's great. Everyone's a good roleplayer, they remember important shit about the plot, and they come up with creative solutions to the horrible situations I put them in.

There's never any disruption, because we're all adults with basic social skills.
>>
>>52271583
This, you're only going to make it that much more painful when he learns the truth. If you actually consider him a friend you would tell him the truth
>>
>>52271583
Hm, thank you for the advice. I think I'll go ahead and wait until the end of the current campaign which is nearly over to avoid ruining it for the others in the group, then come clean.
>>
>>52270099
>Is no one going to accuse this person of being JDF
of all the potential insults, how is JDF a relevent one here
>>
>>52269941
> Hawkeye
Like, Alan Alda?
>>
Getting ready to play RotRL and one of the 4 players is the GM's wife. Favoritism does not seem likely so far (he didn't allow her to reroll stats) so my hopes are very high!
>>
>>52268926
In order: Often, and never.
>>
>>52271215
Yeah, it seems that a lie brought more trouble than it's worth.
Just tell the truth and say sorry.
>>
>>52271657
Sounds like a reasonable course of action. Best of luck, anon.

Sidenote: why are so many femanons on /tg/ lesbians? Is it just the usual Totally Gay?
>>
>>52268926
Autist female. The female isn't the problem so much as the autist bit.
>>
>>52268926
Love how this thread works under the assumption men being "creepy" is a common issue.

Who the fuck have you been playing with? How is this any better than the "women don't know RPGs" assumptionm
>>
>>52272142
>Love how this thread works under the assumption men being "creepy" is a common issue.
out of all the replies not nearly enough make that statement to say the 'thread' is saying that
>>
Aside from my snowflake of an ex,I really haven't had any issues with gals. Though admittedly I haven't GMed a game yet, mainly because the system I want to run is going through a weird ass phase until ruleset 2.0 comes out.
>>
>>52271823
There's some autist who's been bitching about /pol/ for at least a week. I'm beginning to suspect he's actually from that board from the way he brings it up in unrelated discussions and derails them. The fewer people acknowledge him, the sooner he'll lose interest.
>>
>>52272081
Love for cute girls doing cute things transcends gender, Anon.
>>
>>52272160
Might be projecting things from other threads, but whenever you read some of these replies you'll notice the assumption that men have a tendency towards acting a certain (ill behaved) way towards women in a social setting, which isn't really a male trait as it is a sperg trait.
It can happen regardless of gender, or orientation really.

Bad players and good players disregard barriers like age and gender.
>>
>>52272081
Differing femininity standards.
>>
>>52268926
Yes. It wasn't, because we're friends, and their gender has no impact on their ability to play.
>>
>>52268926
over the years, I've played with several women, and only one was really that bad.
Honestly, these days I'd take disruption over what I usually end up seeing in groups, which is fuckers on their laptops or phones completely disengaged with everything else. At least if they're being overly dramatic about their character's bullshit, they're actually engaging with the world and getting in character.
>>
>>52272322
Ah, yes. Now I see. Thank you for enlightening me, anon.
>>
File: 13997721972196564581.gif (2MB, 301x197px) Image search: [Google]
13997721972196564581.gif
2MB, 301x197px
>all these white knights ITT
>my gf/wife is totally great guys, OP is just a troll
>>
>>52268926
Ya it sucked each time in a different way. The first 2 were attention whores and weren't invited back for session 2. The third one was bland to the point that a NPC could overshadow her, but at least she filled out the party. The fourth one, while being a good roleplayer, had to fist in the whole "gurlpower don't need no man stronk fightin' all the gross dudes" and it just sorta stood out from her backstory like a self induced, unnecessary soar thumb. Like, removing 2 sentences wouldn't have made her character worse or better, but that glaring bit of self-projection is sorta... "bleh," or "why though?".

tldr; I wish I met better female players, but I could say the same about my male friend too.
>>
Most of the women I've gamed with would utterly refuse to crack open a book for any reason then get mad that their character is shit.
>>
Damn it OP I saw you posting this another time, stop it it's cruel. You know how horny and desperate /tg/ are they always have to rush to the defense of all the theoretical m'ladies, it's embarrassing.
>>
My group is a myself as a dm, a few gun-totin rednecks from west texas and a fairly attractive girl. Pretty sure she's banged most of the dudes but no one really cares since we're adults/normies. Especially compared to a previous group I was in with my gf where all the guys started hitting on her once we broke up. It was pretty awkward. They were pretty spergyin general

The redneck group is also the funnest/funniest party I've ever had.
>>
>>52272142
>How is this any better than the "women don't know RPGs" assumptionm
Because you can't be sexist against men because something something patriarchy.
>>
Two honest to god MILFs. There was no disruption, we were all too lawful good to hit on married women.
>>
>>52274059
>DM for /pol/ the group
>Literally zero racism, sexism, no group in-fighting, no politics etc. They even treat every NPC and their property respectfully
>DM for reddit the group
>Its a fucking nightmare with everybody accusing everybody of being /pol/
>They murdered multiple lawful good characters for what I assume was because they were apart of the !catholic church
>The sole women player finally freaks the fuck out because we played a one shot DITV season
End me.
>>
>>52274208
What would you expect from a website that's one gigantic exercise in segregation? /pol/ on the other hand is a glittering example of multiculturalism, people from all different parts of the world, walks of life and political beliefs getting together to talk about how much they hate jewish people. Ah well, baby steps.
>>
>>52274208
Sort of like that /pol/ group except everyone is aggressive and racist but in an ironic way. One character is literally a nazi, one is a whore, one is a caveman, and one is a ripoff of steven hawking, but everyone roleplays their characters really well.

Yeah my last group was a le reddit group and they were turbo edgy and annoying
>>
>>52274434
>one is a ripoff of steven hawking
>/pol/
Haha, what.
>>
>>52272142
There's a big difference between "some guys are creepy" and "all women suck at roleplaying." We all know some guy who's cornered and awkwardly hit on every woman at the game store, or leered down the shirt of any girl (and I do mean girl) sitting next to or across from him.

If you're not the creepy guy, don't be so defensive of him. Especially not in a thread like this one, which has no creepy guy stories and like two mentions of men being awkward.
>>
>>52274500
>We all know some guy who's cornered and awkwardly hit on every woman at the game store, or leered down the shirt of any girl (and I do mean girl) sitting next to or across from him.
I don't, who in the hell are you hanging out with? Some of us have a better taste in acquaintances obviously, jesus christ anon really says a lot about you that you're hanging out with that sort of person.
>>
>>52274532
Oh, we kicked him out. That shit doesn't fly in any healthy group. Doesn't mean the weirdoes won't find their way in anyway and make you remove them once they start doing creepy shit.

Count yourself lucky you haven't had the experience of having to tell someone they weren't welcome at your group because they made everyone feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>52274532

Go hang out at an LGS sometime, there's bound to be one or two there. And it's not just spergs, I've run into dudebros who were aggressive towards women like that, though without the awkwardness and no social skills.
>>
>>52268926
>tfw girl
>tfw looks range from bone average on a good day to outright bad on a bad day
>tfw can join any group and never have to worry about disrupting stuff
Feels good
>>
>>52274276
>to talk about how much they hate jewish people
Not since the start of the current presidential term.
Man, three years ago, if you'd told me that /pol/ would actually be defending Zionists, I'd have laughed it off as impossible.
>>
>>52268926
4 out of my 8, before it was 4 out of my 6 players.

>disruptive
They were better than the "lulrandumb" players that were all male. Go figure.
>>
She thought me and her crush were fucking and made a fuss then the game fell apart.

We are both straight males.
>>
>>52268926
Dating/canoodling within the party leads to problems.
>>
>>52269277
No.
>>
>>52269283
>tendency towards role-play over roll-play
That's a good thing though
>>
I've played D&D with women ranging between the ages of 16 and 50 and the older ones tend to be more engaged and good RPers. Mostly because they are more confident adults and not awkward children. But also because as they are no longer "hot" they don't use the game to attract attention and beta orbiters.

The girl I play most with is my friend's girlfriend, who isn't hot at all but is a good roleplayer and has a pretty quiet and non-offensive nature. The other players (all male) constantly talk over her and often by the time I get them to shut up she has lost her thought. Also in my current campaign something bad happened to the party and ended up affecting her the most when it wasn't meant to, so her character might die soon and nothing short of a huge asspull can stop that. But hopefully they will pull out of it.

That said, when I've played at my FLGS I've seen loads of roasties who were just obnoxious and acted like the women in Big Bang Theory. So, like everything, it depends.
>>
>>52268926
No woman has ever been disruptive in any groups I've had, every female player's been one of the better members of the party.

BUT I STILL INSTINCTIVELY WORRY THAT THEY'LL RUIN EVERYTHING WHENEVER I PLAY WITH THEM.
>>
OP here

Just to clarify, I wasn't really implying that it was the women who would be disruptive, I was mainly wondering if the presence of a female would cause the more thirsty group members to act differently. (hitting on her, going easy on her/focusing on her, trying to drag her into a magical realm)
>>
>>52268926
Well a few years ago one guy and his gf joined the group for all of one session. Things quickly ground to a halt. Not because there was a female, but because both of them were the sort of borderline manic types that are distracting and talk almost non-stop.
>>
>>52277278
Ah, I thought it was a troll thread.

No, it's not like in vidya where you have pathetic sperglords losing their shit over a person with a vagina. Even if it's online, people in /tg/ related groups are alot more mature. Most can handle a woman without sperging out.

Sadly, this doesn't stop the occasional dumbass from trying to lowkey hit on me REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52271097
I'm mostly not bothering to correct other people when they gender me wrong because who gives a fuck. So they acted all confused when we finally started VoIP, before agreeing that text was way better.

I think their attitude has changed a bit, but it's not that bad.

Also Craig, I hope your character dies forever.
>>
>>52268926
Current group is me (male DM), a male player, two females, and one who during our campaign has come out as FtM trans.

Male is a good player, one female, who is brand new to DnD, is good but a little snarky, the other female player is pretty disinterested and seems to just not want to be left out. Trans player is experienced and probably my best player, but also the most distracting at the table (bringing up phone/pop culture stuff).

We have a great time pretty much every session, except for the one who'se not very interested.
>>
>>52275184
Wait, wait, wait.

WHAT?!
>>
>>52278483
>We have a great time pretty much every session, except for the one who'se not very interested.
How is her attendance? If it's stellar, it might be she's just either really lonely or actually interested but intimidated.
>>
I play with two girls and our DM's a girl, no real disruption
>>
>>52278544
She shows up nearly every time (only one absence and we've been playing for quite some time) and has been late a couple of times but she's a little late to most things. We hang out for a lot of non D&D things and it's just kind of her nature to do things she's not as interested in as the rest of the group. She does enjoy some aspects of role playing, like being a big strong dude.
>>
My main group is the same GM running a handful of games with different groups of players. I try to be a good player, and I like to help illustrate objects and people for the GM. I personally don't feel like I've ever screwed everything up, but I have had to excuse myself from a few of the campaigns because other people couldn't handle me sitting at the same table as them.
>>
In an ironic twist, she's usually our straight man
>>
>>52278412
>Also Craig, I hope your character dies forever.

Why are the Craigs always an asshole?
>>
File: 654bafc5c1-1486704870037.jpg (29KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
654bafc5c1-1486704870037.jpg
29KB, 250x323px
>>52268926
Nah, all the girls I've played with have been great.
>>
File: MFW.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
MFW.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>>52268926
Yes. It wasn't.

Why do you keep making these threads? Are you genuinely afraid of women, or are you just trying to start arguments with strangers?
>>
I game with women pretty regularly. The 5e game I run is 3/5 female and a good chunk of the online games i run with harder systems like RT or SR5 have a heavy female representation.

I've been running games for over a decade now, both online, at the local gaming store, and at cons. Out of all the problematic players I've had, only one has ever been a women, and that's out of somewhere around 30-50 shitheads.
>>
File: the witcher.jpg (84KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
the witcher.jpg
84KB, 1200x675px
>>52268926
Poor man-childe. Did a girl told you to shut up 'cause you only said bullshit? Did you look like a fool? Maybe if you treated girls like people you wouldn't be a red-piller and a loser. Go get a life, moron.
>>
>>52268926
We've only ever had the one in our group. She's done exceptionally well in playing a fetishfuel dominatrix witch elf thing for nearly seven years on and off.

We are married now if that counts for anything.
>>
>>52268926
Yes
>How badly was the group disrupted because of this?
It wasn't
>>
>>52268926
the first girl in the group played an adorable moth girl witch who was pretty cool, but then her work cloudless changed ad she had to drop out.

Second girl was a bit socially awkward due to her overly controlling family and her homeschooling. Occasionally disrupted the game by telling a sick ass story of previous game she played, usually because she had a plan that was inspired by said experience/story.

third girl barely understood the rules, had to keep reminding her of some things, I was actually more disruptive than her as I got a bit annoying/rude with how I slightly chewded her out for forgetting simple shit constantly (I then found out she actually has some sort of learning disability. I realize this is not much of t/g probably watched twobestfriends but I'd describe her as a She Woollie)

Then the third girl, friend of the second girl joined, her turns took a bit longer than others due to her just not being sure what spell would be best for the situation and her internal panic over not wanting to let the party down. She mostly plays clerics and support oriented casters because you can never go wrong with a good buff or some healing.

Our group consists of myself, a childhood friend of mine, our forever gm and then these 3 girls. Also girls one and three go to a monthly larp which has massively helped with their nervousness and rp ability, so overall not really disruptive at all.
>>
>>52268926
Once, and not at all.

DM brought his girlfriend to a game once and the only negative thing I could say is she was awkward at first, which was understandable. Didn't roleplay much at first, though the GM was the group's powergamer so her character was usually good. There was a bit of favoritism, but never anything more serious than "O-oh, I wasn't looking when you rolled that 1, reroll it." Though if the "reroll" was also a 1, he'd suck it up and just go with it.

She got better once someone other than her boyfriend took over as GM, and basically browbeat him into letting her play her own character.
>>
>>52268926
Yeah, she's pretty average but generally tries to avoid the spotlight
She's nice but I wouldn't want a whole group of people like her
>>
>>52268926
Two. One is the DM, other is another member's girlfriend.

No issues, if anything the other dudes are way more likely to start inter-party conflict just for shits and giggles
>>
>>52268926
The girl in my group is not the most disruptive element at all, and honestly is probably among the better players. The most disruptive element so far has been the "Lawful Neutral" wild magic sorcerer who cons over pretty much anyone he can get away with, including his own party members, is a big fan of enchantment spells that he uses on NPCs and party members pretty indiscriminately, and uses his character's old age to forget things whenever it's convenient.
>>
>>52268926
5 times. Been disruptive once. And she was like the average shitty distracted gamer not paying attention to the session.

Though it does seem to be a tend that they bug other people to build their characters for them because they're to clueless, or they can't build an effective character in D&D. That part is annoying.
>>
>>52275515
I think that's nice-speak for "mechanically bad at the things they try to be good at".

I've noticed that particular tend myself.

It's not good to be ineffective, or to need other people to build your character for you.
>>
>>52271215
Gee, it's almost like you and your cuntlicker partner should have been truthful from the fucking start.

this is why people want homosexuals killed
>>
>>52268926
Thrice:
>Joined a group with a 30-year-old woman in it
>Really good DM
>Good at role play
>Emigrated back to her home country

>Ended up in a group with friends years later
>Girl our own age joins
>Leaves suddenly after about a monthbecause our DM kept picking on her

>Another girl expresses interest
>Writes up a character, sits down
>Gets up to grab a drink after the DM has finished describing our locale
>10 minutes later she's off her tits, making out with another player's girlfriend
>Never joined us again
>>
>>52288452
You gotta be careful with giving ladies the same drinks as you give dudes.
They straight up have less digestive enzymes in regards to alcohol. Let alone how little they weigh.
>>
>>52268926
Just had a new group bring one along. One of the players asked if he could bring company, DM said sure, so he brought along some chick. (Onine game by the way)

When we asked "So who is company" she responded with "company is fine" and refused to give her real name. So we called her company the entire time. Her character was a paladin who also didn't have a name so every time we had to interact with her we just said "paladin".

Other then that she at least made an effort to play along and wasn't really disruptive, so I guess I can't really complain.
>>
Most of my groups are now even mixed male and female or skewed female by one, sometimes by two players even.

One of the women I've played with was amazing game one and onward. She stands out in my mind as the best. She brought her own dice, did a funny character voice, paid attention well and contributed to the group. The worst female player I've had was just attention seeking. Trying to be in every scene and interrupting a lot. She is in my most regular group and we're working on it. She is just excited though and doesn't realize the attention seeking. That's more her past and upbringing rather than her being a woman though.
>>
>3 girls join because GM is a pushover when it comes to letting new people in
>none of them take it seriously
>drama between them ensues
never again
>>
>>52288499
>You gotta be careful with giving ladies the same drinks as you give dudes.
She brought the bottle herself.
>>
>>52288499
>never played with alcoholic hamplanetesses
>>
>>52268926
My main game I DM has two women. One is a gf to another player. The single girl is great, and a ton of fun. She is a bit awkward on occasion but is very engaged. Awful at remembering some rule stuff, but am ok with baby sitting new players. The other girl is a great roleplayer (provided she stays mostly sober), though she does occasionally get into pissing matches with her BF when they are both intoxicated at the end of the night. It has been the running joke that her as the captain of the ship is constantly either drunk or hungover, and snu-snu's any crewmen that she can sink her claws into. Over all good players.

The only problem i really have is they are terrible at communicating availability. I don't get too worked up over having to cancel a session occasionally, but give me a few days notice FFS.

Might add another player soon, a friend of my fiance. So far I have had pretty good luck with women in my games, so I am probably going to.
>>
>>52272699
I felt bad because you tried your hardest but nobody gave you any (you)s.
>>
>52272699
>52288781
samefag
>>
File: 1411237980354.gif (420KB, 499x320px) Image search: [Google]
1411237980354.gif
420KB, 499x320px
>>52268926
My DM is a woman who has been playing D&D since 1995. She's very skilled, but hates gaming with girls (specifically girls, not women) and complains herself about how they disrupt groups. She's super tomboyish and was always "one of the guys" in her social groups throughout highschool and college, so I'm sure that has some kind of effect.

One thing she said that always stuck in my mind was this:
>"Think about men who hate women, the most vile and hateful misogynists, the male chauvinists, the sexism and old-fashioned gender-based discrimination. The hate women have for each other eclipses that. No man could possibly hate women more than women hate each other."
>>
>>52288906
I am tempted to take that as a challenge.
>>
I'm a woman.
I'm also the forever GM.
Get fucked, OP.
>>
>>52288945
I just don't think men are clever enough to play the kind of mind games women play with each other. Shit's pretty fuckin' cutthroat out there for women. They are their own worst enemies.
>>
>>52288906
It's a fairly common understanding among women.
>>
>>52288953
of course they are, anon.
I take great pleasure in buying out all the good snacks and leaving the machine barren besides the garbage for all time.
>>
>>52288836
>"denying"
How do people fail to realize that making the extra effort to "deny" actually just shows how much more butthurt they are?

>I'm so disdainful that I took the time to delete some meme arrows before I posted, that's how little I care
>>
>52288983
sorry samefag, no (you) for you
>>
>>52286603
Difference is, it's not too hard to learn, for the GM to offer advice on how to achieve X goal with Y method, or for the player to ask questions.
As has been said earlier, you can teach a player how to work the mechanics, far harder to teach them to roleplay.
>>
>>52268926
Yes.

Not at all.
>>
>OP makes women thread
>Suddenly everyone has females in their group, despite making up less than 10% ( if that ) of the hobby
Really makes you think
>>
>>52289324
>less than 10% of the hobby
Got a source for me?
Not being snarky, I actually want to know where you're getting that number.
>>
>>52268926
Yes we often had women in our groups. They were nit more disruptive then tye average player.
>>
>>52279958
>her internal panic over not wanting to let the party down
If there is one thing I have noticed over many years of gaming and GM'ing, is women are a fair bit more likely to find themselves working up a panic on trying to do the "right" thing in order to not disappoint others/have others mad at them, versus guys, in a fit of pique, often doing SOMETHING and hoping for the best.
I prefer the later, personally, as good or bad, something is being done, and sometimes you can spin it into something awesome, rather than waiting for someone to make a tortured decision. I've watched, and caused, breakdowns at my table.
As for OP, I've had a number at my table, and only recently has there been any issues, and it is with the last girl. We constantly butt heads, and it is the opinion of the group we are similar in personality, so similar we (I) can't stand the other (her). However, in the name of harmony, I have agreed to a sit down, because we are still responsible adults.
As for habits, the overarching character leanings have usually been nearly stereotypical; elves, healers of some sort, teachers, doctors, nobility. I eagerly await the day one of the women makes a cold blooded, murderous hatemonger.
>>
>52288983
It's actually to deny trolls the satisfaction of (you)s, anon.
If you don't know this, you are probably the same poster.
And since you reminded me, no (you) for you.
>>
Out of several RPG shops ( I move around a lot )
Several in person groups ( Similar reason )
And several online games
I've literally seen more women playing MTG ( and it wasn't a lot, maybe about a dozen ) than playing RPGs. And one of them out of about 3 was the DMs wife.

Not really statistically reliable but I'll sooner believe what I see than what people with an agenda ( not malicious, they just want to be able to say "women play our games too! we're not a sexist company! ) tell me is the truth. And even most companies like that only place the female player population at around a third of the total.
>>
>>52289324
You go on and think that, anon.
>>52289502
You are far more likely to see women playing privately, anon. My group is currently 2 women/6 men, and we play in a literal mead hall, as we quit the not so FLGS years ago.
>>
>>52289524
>You are far more likely to see women playing privately, anon. My group is currently 2 women/6 men, and we play in a literal mead hall, as we quit the not so FLGS years ago.
Pretty much. Hell, you can see it even in MMO's. My little sister has played a fuckload of different MMO's over the years, and the only game where she didn't join a girl-only guild was EVE Online, because the EVE Online community is composed out of actually intelligent socially functional human beings.
>>
>>52289524
Just like 50% of gamers are women, right?
When everyone actually into the hobby observes differently.
>>
>>52289599
Yes, anon, continue with your strawman.
Notice how I didn't need to place some arbitrary number down.
That's because I, nor you, know, or will ever know, how pnp games break down genderwise.
I just know that almost every group I know of has at least 1 woman in it, usually more, so for me, it's easy to imagine a sizable number of women have or currently play pnp rpgs.
>>
>>52268926
I'm actually running an Iron Kingdoms group with four girls and a guy.
>>
>>52289495
>you're wrong anon, it's actually the reason you gave
Okay.
>>
>>52268926
Yes.

No disruptions. Unless you count the usual that happens with any group.
>>
>>52289633
>I just know that almost every group I know of has at least 1 woman in it, usually more, so for me, it's easy to imagine a sizable number of women have or currently play pnp rpgs.
Okay man I'll believe you over all the people who don't know ANY women who play pnp rpgs.
You would think you'd stumble upon them in online games if they were that common but nope.
>>
>>52289674
>You would think you'd stumble upon them in online games if they were that common but nope.
The only people who play online games are either close friends who live far off, and so you will not see them hunting for a game to join or shitters who got booted out of their local groups.
I'm not sure why you think you can judge player population from online games when the vast majority of games are still face to face.
>>
My wife is currently running a game for her sister and family friend that may as well be a sister. Both of them are totally new to it so I play a supportive protective butler escorting them on their adventures.

The friend is super into it. She knows what her character can do, what to roll, and helps dictate battle strategy. She plans out her character in advance and knows what her spells do, and loves to roleplay as well. The sister is less into it mostly because of confidence issues; she just got out of a bad relationship and her previous DM thought it was funny to TPK everyone with random catastrophes any time someone cast a spell. I am foreveraDM to the max so I'm really enjoying the lighthearted romp with friends.
>>
>>52289745
This
>>
>>52289674
>You would think you'd stumble upon them in online games if they were that common but nope.

Your logic needs work, anon:

>Male RPG gamers tend to be socially awkward, especially around females

>People who play RPGs in stores with strangers usually don't have friends to play with

>People who play RPGs online usually don't have friends to play with

>Females tend to dislike being hit on by socially awkward males

>Females tend to avoid situations where they are hit on by socially awkward males

>Females tend to seek out situations where they can play RPGs without being hit on or otherwise harassed by socially awkward males

>Females who play RPGs online tend to avoid mentioning their gender because of the above statements

On a Ukrainian pottery wiki that popularized the phrase "Tits or GTFO", it's not hard to understand why you haven't noticed large amounts of online RPG players claiming to be female.
>>
>>52289324
>made up numbers matter
>>
>>52268926
Yes

Not at all. You know who was disruptive, though? Steve and his fucking pyromania fetish.
>>
>>52289840
>Male RPG gamers tend to be socially awkward, especially around females
Why that ?
>>
>>52289840
>Females tend to dislike being hit on by socially awkward males
>Females tend to avoid situations where they are hit on by socially awkward males
>Females tend to seek out situations where they can play RPGs without being hit on or otherwise harassed by socially awkward males
I bask in it, personally. Then again, it's only online flirting, so I don't have to smell the offender or suffer their stuttering.
>>
>>52268926
My online group started with a female in it, they're "non binary" and while I'll keep my rage about degeneracy on /pol/ they've been pretty low key about it. No real disruption other than the occasional "Please use 'they' as my pronoun"
>>
>>52268926
>2
>Not at all

If anything, I'm the biggest disruption to our group
>>
>>52268926
I have two in mine. They've totally disrupted the guys' suckiness. I mean, seriously, they seem to be the only ones with any idea of what to do in combat and are saving their butts pretty often now.

Plus, one loves goofy roleplaying, and the other has a lot of RPG experience, so you just know they're going to keep things interesting, but in a good way.
>>
>>52269283
tfw butthurt but no anus cream
>>
>>52289862
A-are you SHODAN?
>>
>>52271215

In all honesty, being rejected by a lesbian as a straight man isn't as bad as getting rejected by a straight woman, so it'll be easier for your friend to come to terms with it unless you think he's the kind of guy to get crazy ideas in his head about "changing your mind" or shit like that.
>>
Never played in a group without at least 50% women, often more. Mainly because most of my friends are female and I play with my friends.
>>
>>52289858
Because of the lack of social experience teaching them that women can be approached in a fashion not too unlike most guys, but not to understand the limits of that contact.
That there is a manner to do so in a way that is personal, but respectful and not entirely with the bawdyness that most male interaction will gloss over or accept as a natural part of the give and take.
For that part, I do admit that my experience has taught me that women need to learn that a standard part of game group interaction is the shit talk and chop busting, and to accept that it is not personal or meant to be insulting or degrading, as it can be taken as.
>>52289862
I am used to face to face gaming, anon. Now tell me how well it would go over if you had to face such a man, look him in the eye week after week.
>>
>>52268926
I was once in a group of 5 women and me. Was a blast.
>>
File: 1439322771716.jpg (73KB, 1200x638px) Image search: [Google]
1439322771716.jpg
73KB, 1200x638px
I've had six women across four groups.

No. 1 is my best friend since I was basically born. She's a great player and an absolutely terrifying GM because she takes delight in coming up with horrendously confusing and deadly dungeons and pretty much nothing else.

No. 2 was a disruption and that's because she was just a bitch in general, and was only there because she didn't trust her boyfriend to be around our other No. 1 despite her being gay.

No. 3 was my highschool girlfriend. She was really good at optimization, and basically played the same personality with slight modifications on every character (in fairness she did it well).

No. 4 was my friends girlfriend. At first she seemed kind of unsure of herself but quickly became the calm, voice of reason of the party; she had to drop after about five sessions because of scheduling conflicts.

No. 5 was no. 1's girlfriend. She was also a phenomenal player (she'd been playing longer than any of us, started on AD&D), but also had to drop because of work conflict.

No. 6 was an invite of an invite at one of my parties who saw my books and wanted to try. She has no idea what she's doing but is very enthusiastic about everything which is a nice change of pace.
>>
File: 1457549406192278229.png (2MB, 1000x1557px) Image search: [Google]
1457549406192278229.png
2MB, 1000x1557px
>>52268926
There were two in my group, both had the same name. We'll call them Good-C and Bad-C.
>Good-C and Bad-C
>Good-C
>Extremely into role-playing, very serious about it
>Knows the difference between what she wants and what her character wants
>Sticks to it very well
>Plays a Gnoll Barbarian
>Actually interesting, fun to play with, and roleplays a character
Now...Bad-C
>Hipster/Milenial chick
>Pretty much every stereotype
>Plays a tiefling rogue
>Hermaphrodite
>Constantly talks about all the lewd games she plays
>Says random french with no context
>Tries to solve -literally- every problem by seducing it
>Her character is basically just her
>When asked why she chose rogue, she said it was because she liked to steal everything in skyrim
>>
File: download (22).jpg (7KB, 196x196px) Image search: [Google]
download (22).jpg
7KB, 196x196px
I had a total of 3 women in a group of 8 players with me being the DM. 2 of the girls were girlfriends drug into the group by their boyfriend's and the other was really excited to play. The 2 girlfriends showed no interest in playing the game or even understanding the mechanics but I can't blame them, they didn't want to be there. The last girl was "that guy" in my group. She played a dragonborn rogue. There were many times when she bumped heads with the other players anf talked to me many times about not being listened to. The tipping point was when the group arrived in a dwarven town driven underground due to the tyranny of a local dragon. Naturally her kind was not especially welcomed. Feeling as though I targeted her, making it hard for her to play the game, she confronted me afterwards and respectfully asked what my line of thinking was.
>psych nigga
Actually she had a verbal outburst at the first npc that was rude to her and when I tried to stay in character with an npc that generally dislikes her kind she stormed off to literally go cry. Needless to say my group now consists of the 5 men. It's going a lot better.
>>
>>52296611
>were girlfriends drug into the group

As criminals are hanged and parliament is hung, people are dragged and heroin is drug

I'm not trying to slag off your english, just make a shitty joke
>>
>>52298708
I sincerely doubt anyone in parliament is hung. They probably all have small penises, even the women.
>>
>>52298708
My fiancé is an English major. Don't you do this to me too, internet.
>>
>>52299049
>I sincerely doubt anyone in parliament is hung

Well that hasn't stopped them from fucking the country in the arse
>>
>>52289324
Have you ever considered that it's because only the people with women in their group bothered posting?
>>
In my group the weakest member is female, and the strongest is FTM. But the most disruptive are two men; one a friendly bloke who can't focus on the game, and the other a mean cunt who knows the game but is shit for rp.
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.