[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evil counterparts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1229_1.jpg (30KB, 420x277px) Image search: [Google]
1229_1.jpg
30KB, 420x277px
I was thinking.

In fantasy orcs are the evil counterpart to elves.

Goblins are the evil counterpart to dwarves.

Halflings are the third basic fantasy race, but they don't have an established evil counterpart to my knowledge. What should such a race be like?
>>
orcs are the evil counterpart to humans
elves are the evil counterpart to dwarves
kobolds are the evil counterpart to gnomes
no one gives a fuck about halflings
>>
Duergar are the evil counterpart to dwarves.
>>
>>52261481
Duergar are just evil dwarves. They are to dwarves as dark elves are to elves.
>>
>In fantasy orcs are the evil counterpart to elves.

eeeeh not really? I mean obviously in Tolkien but not so much in any other setting. I can see the goblin-dwarf connection (thinkerers who live in caves) but what do elves and orcs have in common?
>>
>>52261353
The evil counterpart to halflings are medusas.
>>
>>52261353
das racist
>>
>>52261542
the evil counterpart of halflings are beholders.
the evil counterpart of medusas are medusas.
>>
>>52261531
In D&D they're sworn enemies since the chief elven god poked out the eye of the chief orcish god.
>>
File: SamBell.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
SamBell.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>52261419
>elves are the evil counterpart to dwarves
>>
>>52261353
Goblins are the evil counterpart to halflings, if you want to say there's an "established" counterpart at all.
>>
>>52261629
To dwarves.
>Tolkien
>D&D
>Warhammer
>>
>>52261353
Ratfolk would probably be my kneejerk reaction for "evil halfling equivalent":
* Small, runty and squishy critters that survive through stealth and being useful (and/or "cute").
* Love their creature comforts.
* Breed like vermin.
* Favor hidden and often burrow-like homes.
* Lousy fighters, but natural thieves.
>>
>>52261542
>>52261553
Evil Counterpart to Medusa is Athena.
>>
>>52261996
evil counterpart of Athena is Ares
>>
>>52261353
Kender.
>>
>>52261977
Dubs don't lie
>>
File: Charge_by_kossork.jpg (154KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Charge_by_kossork.jpg
154KB, 600x450px
Orcs are love. Orcs are life.
>>
The evil counterpart to halflings is gnomes, but like, just the asshole ones.
>>
>>52262147
Kenders aren't another race, they're just evil Halflings.
>>
>>52262468
Kender are the evil counterpart to anything sentient.
>>
>>52261763
All of which depict goblins as related to larger races like uruks and hobgoblins, like halflings are to humans.
>>
>>52262164
Sorry, what?
>>
All right, I've been thinking, when life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Make life take the lemons back!
>>
>>52261353
The book of vile darkness has stats for evil humans and evil halfings.
>>52261496 this man is right. orcs and goblins aren't the counterpart to anything. They're just evil races. And good races have "dark" versions.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.