[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

L5R : Need LOTS of help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

alright this is quite the interesting situation we have here. The GM is a sack of shit, he has never run a game, has no story prepped, has barely even read the book, knows none of the rules, and inserts his magical realm furries every session. lastly he gave everyone about 5 different god level magical artifacts because they asked for them.

BUT he's not an asshole, he's just super autistic and a lying sack of shit who keeps telling people he's spent two years on this game.

i recently quit the game after 6 sessions because i was just wasting my time here, this was maybe one of the worst games I've ever been in. but i dont want this game to go down as the flaming pile of dog shit that it is, i want to help the poor guy out by making some stuff he can actually use instead of having absolutely nothing prepped each week and it being depressingly sad.

so I'm about to start writing up some stuff he can use for the next 3 sessions or so, encounters, locations, etc. the problem is i dont actually know too much about l5r myself, i only joined because my friend was in it.

i could use some help with info on different things that appear in the shadowlands (because thats where the game is set apparently) i can come up with meaningful encounters but i only know about western creatures/ideals.

Thanks everyone, i know this was a bit much, and most people would just say good riddance let the game be shit. but i wanna help him out.
>>
You might find the resources here to be useful if you don't have access to the rulebooks: http://l5r.wikia.com/wiki/Legend_of_the_Five_Rings_Wiki

That said, I wouldn't exactly recommend trying to write a load of stuff (especially for a game someone else is running), without access to the basic rules. If nothing else, you need them so you can get the encounters statted sensibly.
>>
>>52259579
i do have the core book, and a few extra books i picked up while getting into the game.

the unfortunate thing is the power scaling, most of the party is insight rank 11 with somewhere around 10 dice on even their low rolls. BUT the other 3 party members are insight rank 5. with around 5 dice on their good stuff.
>>
If you have no previous experience Gming, don't aim high.
Your first adventure has to be short and simple. Best option is using some ready adventure.
>>
>>52259820
i have lots of experience GM'ing I've been a GM for 3 almost 4 years. i just haven't GM'd five rings before. and i won't be the GM I'm just trying to provide th actual GM with some content so his game doesn't go up in flames, because if the game keeps going this horribly everyone is going to quit and nobody will join any of his games again. it would be his fault for putting no effort into it.

but i dont want someone to miss out on becoming a GM because their first game was shit.
>>
>>52259815
That's ridiculous. Like seriously ridiculous. That's like saying that half of a D&D party is level 50 and the other half is level 20.
>>
>>52259815
>insight rank 11
Are they even human at that point? Holy shit.
>>
>>52259903
ha as i said the GM is utterly fucking shit, he gave 300 points out to start and has been doing shit things such as

1. not allowing certain people to take schools
2. giving away up to 30 free points to players he favors
3. giving racial bonuses of anywhere up to +3 to various rings
4. making certain races unable to upgrade themselves, making certain players remain permanently weak for the rest of the game
>>
>>52259951
>having l5r pcs in races other than human
Yep, definitely fucking shit.
>>
>>52259980
2 of the players are Half Oni
1 player is full oni
1 player is a living statue (unable to get school or level up because of it apparently)
1 player is the min maxer who knew the system beforehand and tricked the GM into letting him be a nezumi with 5 attacks per round
1 giant rock thing I'm not sure what they are
1 penguin
>>
>>52260018
You aren't playing L5R. At all.
>>
>>52260027
that is correct.

its called Rokugan but nothing is the same
were in the shadowlands only by name, its not even different from the other side of the wall theres even cities with people growing rice and shit.
shits made up on the fly because the GM hasn't read the book.

the only thing that is 5 rings is the fact that were in some japan-esqu setting and were using keep dice.
>>
You all can see what I'm up against and why i said need LOTS of help

>>52259903
>>52259943
>>52259980
>>52260027
>>
>>52260122
i just wish it were as simple as pick a couple encounters from the book and re fluff them.

but i need any tips you can give, since I'm not very versed in 5 rings other than the mechanics
>>
File: c2c.jpg (43KB, 600x562px) Image search: [Google]
c2c.jpg
43KB, 600x562px
>This whole thread

Y'know OP, I think your situation is legit unsalvageable. Even if you reset the game, I have a feeling this GM dude will just start his shit all over again. You gotta get rid of him, that's the only way.
>>
>>52260573
haha thanks for the honesty. the more i dig into it the more you may be right
>>
>>52259980
Don't underestimate the wonder that is a full goblin party.
>>
>>52259001
Here's a permanent link to the L5R Discord, the folks in there are fairly knowledgable and are willing to help:

https://discord.gg/nvVX9Wb

Features bots for representing your clan,
Dice roller with some roll and keep functionality,
Looking for group section,
Lorebuildong section,
LCG CCG section,
and Lots of resources.
>>
>>52261673
Building*
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.