[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 19

File: image.jpg (97KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 640x400px
Does Death's Shadow need a ban? Do you think MM3 did enough to make Modern more affordable? Is Storm a meme? Does Twin need to be unbanned to make blue great again?

Playing, hating, brewing, sideboarding?

>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern
>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-03-17-white-knights/

Does anyone have some spicy tech to help me white knight and win the muh ladies? Does white have any decent way to get draw power? Is Rebuff the Wicked as good as it sounds?
>>
>>52255945
>Does DSJ need a ban?
No, it's a fair deck and doesn't have a huge meta share and it only had crazy results at Vancouver and I'm more inclined to believe that was because of the group playing it. I man what do you even ban from it? The deck doesn't really have any "bullshit" cards unless you consider the free cantrips bullshit.

>inb4 Traverse is on the same level as GSZ
>>
>>52256168
You could argue for Shadow itself. It's a strictly better Goyf for the purposes of the deck and punishes dealing (combat) damage, a goal for the vast majority of decks in the game's history, before a certain threshold, namely hitting 0. Discard doesn't really work vs the deck because of GSZ, new Lili and Kcommand, and answers to Shadow are limited to non-damage based removal.
>>
>>52256073
need card advantage in a tribal deck? splash green for Coco
>>
>>52256223
Why ban anything? The deck loses hard to kithkin tribal, it's being kept in check honestly.
>>
>>52257015
Wow, so funny. Epic
>>
>>52257091
Have you even played the matchup faggot? It's legitimately good against Death's Shadow Jund, shut the fuck up about shit you clearly don't understand.
>>
>>52256223
>Death's Shadow punishes dealing (combat) damage, a goal for the vast majority of decks in the game's history.

Good, I know which deck I'm getting next.
>>
>>52256223
lol just play abzan midrange problem solved you faggot

tron will eat either deck anyway
>>
>>52257466
I'm not advocating for bans right now, I'm just playing the devil's advocate by pointing out that one black for a 10/10 can be problematic for WOTC.
>>
>>52257492
Path, Fatal Push, Abrupt Decay etc.
Play some interactive magic pal.
>>
>>52257492

well i hope they unban stuff because of it instead
>>
>>52257549
This is all assuming DSJ doesn't discard these before riding its egg basket to victory, topdecks aside.
>>
>>52257553
unban mental misstep to counter it

:^)
>>
Here is the updated Modern Metagame:

http://modernnexus.com/topdecks/
>>
What are the bad matchups for DS anyway? I would imagine Burn is a hard match, seeing as how DS wants to mostly kill itself and nothing can stop 3x bolts.
>>
>>52257711
>http://modernnexus.com/topdecks/

BGX and tron xD
>>
The whole death's shadow deck just has really good synergy in a strategy that is "fake" magic, kinda like dredge. When you're hurting yourself as much as possible, going as far as burning yourself, you're playing a different type of game. I love it in theory, but the game isn't designed for those "fake" strategies, so it's easy for them not to be balanced right. Thoughtseize and Inquisition really enable everything, having 8 targeted discard effects is huge. Thoughtseize is clearly the most banable card in that deck, but I don't know if it's warranted yet. There hasn't been enough time to adjust to this new powerhouse yet but I think with time it will prove to be too dominant and need a banning.
>>
>>52257678
>updated
>2/5/17

Are they retarded? The data is more than a month old.
>>
Is storm still good? I want to play a deck where I jerk off and then blow my load on the opponent.
>>
>>52256073
How do you stop combo?
>>
>>52257549

Is a vanilla 20/1 for 1 mana fair because it dies to everything?
>>
>>52258110
If it has a relevant downside like shadow then yeah
>>
>>52258152
That's just it, Shadow's text is an upside until you're at 0 life.
>>
>>52255945
>Playing, hating, brewing, sideboarding?
I'm not playing anything.
I'm hating the deck I was playing.
I guess I'm messing around with goblins.
Goblins don't need a sideboard!
>>
>>52258167
>upside
>when burn exists
>when if they deal with shadow then you're at a low life total and can die easily
Upside is stretching it
>>
>>52257950
>are they retarded?
Yes. ModernNexus hasn't been good since their management change last year. Lame rogue brew articles, incredibly late metagame analysis. They pretty much stopped caring.
>>
>>52258100
MANA TITHE. But really I could use some suggestions. This is obviously budget but I think it could hold up okay.
>>
>>52258191

>burn burns you
>you can slow down your suicide plays and let them turn on shadow for you as they run out of gas
>downside
>>
>>52258287
I can only recommend black discard or blue counters. Seems like a nice casual deck.
>>
>>52258303
>you slow down the suicide plays
>they can just amass burn or slow down on the burn
>upside
>>
>>52258152

>vanilla
fucking read. the question is, is "dies to removal" a good answer? does threat power have a limit? is "you lose if you don't answer this" good magic if people are expected to have answers? is forcing people to play interactive magic by making threats one turn game enders for 1 mana healthy? is giving that 20/1 haste healthy because people can still remove it at instant speed?
>>
>>52258321
It's gonna be pretty hard to amass cards against decks that run 4 IoK's and 1-2 LotV's.
>>
>>52258411
>discard makes a redundant deck like burn bad
wew
>>
>>52258445
Quit moving the goal posts. You said you would amass burn, he called you out for the retard you are. Anyone who actually plays knows burn isn't great against DSJ
>>
File: 8a4.jpg (14KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
14KB, 600x384px
>More autistic arguin
>>
>>52258559
>more dumb frog postin
>>
>Want to draft mm3
>be a leaf
>everyone in my area is too poor to want to drop 50 bucks on the draft
>don't want to spend literally 300 leafbux on a box to draft it with people I hardly know and have the chance of someone palming the foil Lili

life is suffering
>>
File: NEVER EVER.jpg (124KB, 688x800px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.jpg
124KB, 688x800px
>>52255945
>does X need a ban
>in the format that when babbies don't like a card they ban it instead of learning how to git gud
>playing the babby needs his hand held format
>people will also cry about how modern is perpetually ded because wizards rightly told it to fuck off with its shit
>MFW
>>
Do you rob a rug deck with mad card advantage could work?
Ancestral to start, remands to live until it comes off suspend
Goyfs, snaps and tireless trackers for more draw
Maybe a spicy dark dweller
>>
File: ccXSLsj1.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
ccXSLsj1.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
One thing I don't really understand, is why do people play such linear shit like tron and burn? Like I really don't understand playing hard, redundant, extremely linear decks. All you do is the same shit every game, they're always decided by turn 4, and fuck me the burn mirror is literally how many helix did you draw. It's such shit, and then theres, play lands into fat guys. I understand if it's a tourney and it's the best overall choice, but shit like FNM when it's a couple packs on the line or just modern monday or whatever, like why do people bring burn every single week?
>>
>>52258680
What do you play?
>>
>>52257950
>>52258245
Since you both didn't bother with reading comprehension I can help you out.

Modern Nexus Metagame Spreadsheet (2/6/2017 - 3/12/2017)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TYm2Hyd1ojvSa_WN8C99L149gt-Y0RF7hPG5baxnKXA/pubhtml
>>
>>52258674
Why play green when you can play black?
>>
>>52258680
I play Burn because I like redundancy. I always know what my plan is and how best to execute it, so i focus my efforts on learning the meta, learning how other decks function and how best I can beat them. I goldfish and play other decks in my spare time so when game rolls around, my 75 is as tuned as I can make it.

Then I focus on the players. Getting inside their head, thinking about their lines of play and what they'll do to beat me. I try to mess them up, get them talking and distracted. I know people pretty well, so I usually get people to open up to me, and that's when I can manipulate them into making mistakes.
>>
File: Remand.jpg (28KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Remand.jpg
28KB, 223x311px
>>52258760
I've played a few decks, the one I'm currently playing is Grixis Control. And please don't meme and just give some simplified explanation of how the deck is played and call it linear cause it's pretty decent in terms of having choices for a modern deck

But that brings me to my next question, I have 5 other decks in construction, cause I haven't played in like a year and sold a lot of my shit. I currently have Storm, which is pretty much good except for tarns but I run other fetches, and kiki chord splash blue, UB Tezzerator with chalice, Bug deaths Shadow, and Lantern. I also have an affinity deck for tourneys. But my main question is, how should I complete these decks? Like what order?
Storm
Lantern
Bug
Chord
Tezzerator
Like what should I do? Anyone have any suggestions?
>>
>>52258857
Because it's not as fun. Tireless tracker and tarmogoyf are good cards
>>
>>52258858
Fucking kek
*tip*
>>
>>52258858
I hope you know that I'm a Psychologist and if you actually do these things, like if someone came into my office and told me this I am almost 100% sure I would place you on the autism spectrum.
>>
>>52258858
I always had a suspicion burn players were autistic, this post confirms it.
>>
>>52258857
Pulse of murasa plus fulminator mages is cool
>>
>>52258968
You know, it's funny you say that. My current Psychiatrist had me take some autism evaluation test and I scored high enough to raise an eyebrow, but not enough to be diagnosed on the spectrum.

>>52258942
>>52258984
I don't really care what you think of me. My methods win me games.
>>
>>52257678
>Modern Nexus
Son were you dropped as a child?
>>
>>52259095
Your mannerisms are highly indicative of full fledged retardation
>>
>>52259095
Do you get disability for having this much tism?
>>
File: 235325.png (567KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
235325.png
567KB, 464x664px
Should I get Amulet Titan or Gifts Storm?

Or maybe another combo deck? Those 2 seem to be the most interesting and somewhat competitive. I don't like boring 2 card combos.
>>
>>52260231
Lmao amulet sucks and storm is not interesting
>>
File: 1465865300126.jpg (69KB, 712x750px) Image search: [Google]
1465865300126.jpg
69KB, 712x750px
>>52255945
>playing
Bant Eldrazi, GW Hatebears
>hating
Always infect
>brewing
Grixis Control once MM3 prices start to drop
>sideboarding
Feeling bad siding racthet bomb over engineered explosives
>>
>>52260231
Get storm of if you find skill- intensive decks fun and intersting.
Get Amulet if you find losing and being laughed at fun and interesting.
>>
>>52260321
>storm
>skill-intensive
You dun' goofed.
>>
>>52260231
>Amulet Titan
Summer Bloom got banned bruh
>>
>>52260334
Jon Finkel has repeatedly stated storm is one of the hardest decks to play in Modern.
>>
>>52260321
>Get storm of if you find skill- intensive decks fun and intersting

>storm
>using even a single modicum of skill

it's linear solitaire trash. it wins games but to say it's "skill intensive" is laughable at best.
>>
>>52260334
I trust Finkel over Anons.
>>
>>52260358
>>52260375
Way back when it went off non-deterministically with Ascension you mong.
>>
>>52260344
It still casts a Titan fairly consistently on turn 3-4 and is less weak to permission without Bloom, and has the same unreal late game.
>>
>>52260374
It's not skill intensive when you resolved gifts with 3 floating. But there are so many lines outside of that, that's when it's difficult.
>>
>>52260380
Do the same ideas and principles no longer apply to the newest iteration of Storm?
>>
>>52260447
No, since instead of resource management and counting odds you resolve a deterministic Gifts every time.
>>
>>52260447

the deck was always linear if you slammed electromancer. rather than dealing with ascension jank trying to turn it on and weighing odds on your cantrips to get triggers, you now just run Baral and cast everything you draw. there is high redundancy and borderline zero actual decision making.
>>
>>52260467
>>52260486
Interesting. I haven't really looked a recent decks, on account of not being able to play for the last two months or so, but I'll check it out. How exactly do you set up a Gifts package? It seems to me you can get screwed over pretty hard.
>>
>>52260486
Literally not true at all. There are so many lines and card choices you have to make. When you have the combo, you have it and you win, but that does not happen every time, you have to know every single line every single sequence. I've literally watched people with an almost guaranteed kill scoop cause lethal is on the board. Literally the difference between winning and losing with the deck is knowing how to get the damage out when everything isn't perfect. Yeah there's the 2 card combo kill, that's easy. Then there's literally every other hand that you have, that you have to know how to optimize and get the most damage out of. You're a faggot and have never played the deck desu, I thought the same thing before I played it.
>>
>>52260548
Fuck off. You just repeated yourself multiple times and gave no actual reasoning.
>>
>>52260545
Typical gifts package, or the one you want to be making in baral storm is ritual ritual manamorphose past in flames with 3 mana floating. Then there are pretty much limitless other combos you have to fire off when they kill your guy or they have grave hate or literally a million other reasons. Also the deck can combo off without gifts, and without baral, but you have to know exactly what to do, cause counting incorrectly when your opponent is on 15 after fetches and shocks, or missequencing, can lead to a loss rather than a win had you played 1 card differently
>>
>>52258930
>shit
>shit
>OG Kush Choice
>Something retarded
>Lantern

Play enchantress.
>>
>>52258653
>draft mm3
>open Jank that is unplayable in draft and eternal formats
>lose 45 dollars to waste 3 hours playing with a bad deck
Never draft these sets.
>>
>>52260545
If you have a discount dude that lives and you float 1 or more you get 3 rituals/2 rits+manamorphose and past in flames and it doesn't matter how your opponent piles them.
>>
>>52260579
You're right, literally anyone can just pick up the deck and know every optimal line that isn't baral gifts 3 floating. You are truly a genius.
>>
>>52260652
That's the kill pile, and it only works when everything is perfect which absolutely does not happen all the time, winning through a removal spell on baral is the most critical thing to the deck, with your hand you have to know exactly what cards to play and how much damage you can do or goblins you can make,
>>
>>52260617
>enchantress
>not shit
Bruh
>>
>>52260666
Loving the reasoning. Keep shitposting though bud
>>
>>52260742
What reasoning do you fucking want? Do you want me to explain every possible fucking line you have to know to win with storm? Or the odds of combining off when you have draw and need to hit a specific card if you should or not? Like what reasoning am I supposed to give you fucking faggot? You're literally one of those autists that just spouts logical fallacies like it makes him intelligent and not a massive fucking try hard retard.
>>
>>52260775
Lmao you're mad as fuck.
>storm is so difficult but I can't back this up
Kys angry boy
>>
>>52260695
>winning through a removal spell on baral is the most critical thing to the deck
Thing is, on turn three, you don't. After that 99% of the decks in the format take over.
>>
>>52260611
>>52260652
Huh, so games without Gifts (for whatever reason) require precise spell sequencing, decision trees and a little luck?

Sounds sweet.
>>
>>52260792
>every deck in the format wins on turn 3 or 4
Great
>>
>>52260321
And what requires skill? Bogles?
>>
>>52256073
You need Disenchant or something similar.
>>
>>52260828
Say your gift gets countered or discarded or your dude gets bolted, and you have to win next turn, that's when knowing exactly how to play the deck comes in.
>>
>>52260839
You don't have to win on turn 4, just deplete enough of your resources and clock you back.
>i win through path into TKS and smasher guys
>>
>>52260788
Tell me wise anon, when do you sleigh before vision and when do you vision before slight, and how many cards do you see with both, you should immediately know this cause you know both the cards and what they do.
>>
>>52260873
Yeah, my legs is almost all Eldrazi, storm is actually very favorable against them you fag
>>
>>52260893
Are you implying we don't know what those cards do? Lmao this is your idea of skill intensive?
Serum is for later, sleight is for now.
>>
>>52260893
Most people here know every card widely played in modern. You're little cantrip question is laughable
>>
>>52260988
>>52261025
>didn't answer the question and tried to avoid is with memes
Further proof that Storm is the most skill intensive deck in modern if you can't answer that simple question.
>>
>>52261045
Are you trolling or like actually autistic?
>>
How much is the average B-Tier/decent modern deck? I want to get into the format, but I sold my collection a while ago, just looking for fun combo decks that don't seem to cost 700$
>>
>>52261045
The burden of proof is on you, fuck face. Not going to type out the subtle differences between simple to use cantrips
>>
>>52260893

>Knowing the cards in your deck is this guys idea of skill

epic, just epic.
>>
>>52261073
Most decks sit at $400- $600. Storm for instance is about $400, Ad Nauseam is about $525.
>>
Right, I'm new to modern, but my playgroup are now doing a 2hg modern game soon, but we have all been given a block to work with.

Me and my partner have been given the shadowmoor block, and I've personally been given black white to work with. Has anyone got any good decks I could make, I'm new to shadowmoor.
>>
>>52261073
Ponza is very cheap. The only cards of note are 4x Foothills/Heath, 4x Blood Moon, 3x Stomping Grounds, and 1x new Chandra. Everything else is buttons.
>>
>>52261154
You should look up what modern is. You may have more luck looking at block constructed articles and forum posts from that time
>>
>>52255945
>Do you think X did enough to make Modern more affordable?
Every deck, even the shit ones, require Shocklands and Fetchlands to be playable, unless they are monocolor. When Shocklands and Fetchlands are a dollar each, Modern will be affordable.
>>
>>52261154
What you're talking about has nothing to do with Modern.
>>
>>52255945
>playing
Abzan Company
>hating
Tron. Holy shit, its such a difficult matchup. Everything else I at least have decent answers for.
>brewing
I dunno, Pauper RG Zoo?
>sideboarding?
About half my sideboard is dedicated the Affinity matchup because that's the only rough matchup I have at my meta. Everything else just folds to infinite life.
>>
>>52261180

>paying a dollar for cardboard that costs pennies to make
I won't rest until I get my cards at cost. in fsct, modern won't be affordable until I can just write what cards I'm using on paper and play homemade proxies.

>be in debt
>justifying buying cards
when they give me money to play this game, then modern will be affordable.
>>
>>52260988
>>52261025
>>52261118
>Not answering the question
Great job
>>
>>52261118
>Knowing the odds of what you need to draw to go off and when you need to draw it and what order to play when isn't skill.
>>
>>52261267
Storm is only hard to play when you don't know the right line to go down and what hands to keep.

After you figure out what kind of chain you want to pull off, its simple as hell.

Its like saying creature toolbox decks are hard. Sure, it may be odd finding the right line of plays to do while playing against an opponent, but it doesn't make it difficult once you know all the interactions in your deck.
>>
>>52261287
Playing every cantrip you rip off the top digging for your combo is not skill intensive, no matter how hard you cry that it is
>>
>>52261300
>Knowing every line to take and knowing every matchup and when to play what or what not is easy.

Yeah senpai, honestly every deck is easy after you know every single variable and have played it hundreds of times and know the exact line to take every time.
>>
>>52261335
You're right, that's literally all that the deck is, just playing cantrips. You are truly the best mtg player and know everything. You should post a pic of your storm deck so we can know that you've played it and understand it. Oh wait you've clearly never played it in your life.
>>
File: 1484126630326.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1484126630326.gif
2MB, 360x360px
>bitterblossom is a 25 dollar card
>but the foil is 30 dollars
>tfw might just get a foil playset even though I'm not sold on W/B Tokens or even have a list ready.
>tfw all the faerie tokens look like ass.
>>
>>52261343
Yes? You blew it way out proportion to what I was saying, but that is exactly what I'm saying.

Once you know the interactions in your deck and after you play it a dozen times, there's not too much more to learn. Just learn your match ups and what kind of hands you should keep or mull then play your deck out.
>>
>>52261388
>tokens look like ass
doodle some yourself
or even harder, print out some and paste the art over a "real" token
>>
>>52261388
Modern Masters 2015 foils are fucking hot garbage bub.
>>
>>52261378
How about you post your deck you condescending fuckwit. You just keep spouting the same garbage.
>>
>>52261287
>Knowing the odds of what you need to draw to go off
doesn't make the deck more skillful because your decision tree does not change
>when you need to draw it
see above point
>what order to play
the deck has a simple flowchart and that makes it LINEAR. it does not make it SKILL INTENSIVE. And that's ignoring the fact that your post has nothing to do with my point.
>>
>>52261378
Holy fuck you are mad
>>
>>52261396
>After you understand exactly how to play a deck it is easier
Wow, who would have thought. The fucking difference is the amount of variables. The difference is how long it takes to learn the deck and how many different things you have to do during the game.
>>
When is the ask a judge thread? Wednesday?

can aetherworks marvel cast anything at instant speed?
>>
>3 of the 4 Ornithopers are from different sets
>some foil some not
>same goes for almost every card in my deck

Love seeing the autism that comes out of people at FNM when I show up with non-matching cards.
>>
>>52261167

Thats neat. I'm not trying to go to pro tour or anyhting, but I do wanna go to my local store and play some WNF or something wiht a fun deck that isnt going to break the bank.
>>
>>52261378

>please stop implying im not skilled, I play storm and it's hard, I just want to be validated as a skilled player
>>
>>52261448
Yes. It's an ability without a restricted activation and you cast it as part of the resolution of the ability.
>>
>>52261447
And? That's an inherent part of the game. What are you trying to say here?
>>
>>52261449
Is it worth your deck looking like shit?
>>
>>52261425

I know it's a meme but that guys spellweaver deck is actually skill intensive, weighing the odds of drawing a card vs the reliability of dredging loam is pretty fun and difficult
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>52261414
Sure not sure what this is accomplishing
>>
>>52261518
I don't think it looks like shit, its all cool art. As long as I play well and win, what difference does it make?
>>
>>52261449
You should white border them all, even the foil one.
>>
>>52261534
Holy fuck you are mad. Hilarious desu
>>
>>52261573
How would you even white border the new border design?
>>
>>52261425
>it's not skillful because when I condense literally the entirety of the deck into a few simplified sentences it doesn't sound like it is

You can say there's a simple flow chart to literally any deck in mtg
>miracles
>put gud shit on top and path their creatures
>vintage storm
>play mana and get the cards that win
You're a fucking faggot, in sure you think brain surgery is simple because there's a flow chart
>>52261432
>le mad
>>52261463
>implying I literally give 1 shit what you think and I'm not just trying to explain to a guy looking to get into mtg that storm can be difficult
>>
>>52261534
>Khans fetches
>Conspiracy serum visions
>White bordered sleight of hands
>Unhinged lands
>RTR steam vents
>MM2 Remand
Jesus fucking christ I knew it was bad but I didn't think it would be this bad.
>>
>>52261600
>explain to a guy looking to get into mtg that storm can be difficult
Don't give false information to new players
>>
>>52261611
You forgot the 7th edition sleight to trigger autists like you as well
I have tarns, they're in my sneak and show deck, literally irrelevant in storm
>>
>>52261595
Just erase it and make it look shit on the bottom i guess?
>>
>>52261573
Even better, some are at different mints, so I have some that look beat as shit while others that are in pristine condition.
>>
>>52261650
>He just keeps getting madder
When will it end?
>>
>>52261627
Name 3 tiered decks in modern which are more difficult to play that have more lines
>>
>>52261674
Literally any deck that plays interaction
>>
>>52261670
You forgot the troll face image
>>
>>52261674
It's worth noting that having a lot of cards that net more cards while helping you go off doesn't make your deck 'skill intensive'.

Having a lot of cards to play in one turn doesn't add any skill whatsoever as long as you are able to continue playing cards.
>>
>>52261600

I calculate in all my skilled glory that the card I need has a 20% chance of being my top card. does that change the fact that I use my cantrip? no. Having to weigh odds is skillful when you also have to weigh options that are indeterminate based on those odds.

knowing the exact order of the remaining 53 cards in your deck in storm would not change how your deck plays almost 100% of the time. You will still use the cantrips to dig into the cards that are there which you will cast to generate mana or dig for your gifts/past in flames and do so until you cast a grapeshot for victory.
>>
>>52261697
Ebin, simply ebin, burn and tron are truly the pinnacle of modern intricacy
>>
>>52261730
>He thinks Burn and Tron constitute interactive decks
Jesus christ man keep digging the hole deeper, you are surely looking more and more intelligent with each passing post.
>>
>>52261674
There's no point. You'll just say they are easier
>>
>>52261730
Burn is legit harder to play than storm right now.

Tron has a higher skillcap than people give it credit for too.

stay mad
>>
>>52261541
Wew.
>game one, play two forests due to PtE, fetch, whatever
>game two, play a third
>opponent now knows you're running at least three basic lands

There is no good reason to have non-identical cards. Unless you're you, and demand to be a special snowflake.

This is a competitive format. You would do well to remember that.
>>
>>52261730

I hope, by now, the guy asking about storm has been sufficiently turned away from the deck thanks to your autistic screeching in defense of your "skill intensive" deck.
>>
>>52261674
Burn.
Lantern
Jund
>>
Hot damn are you all a bunch of cock- guzzling faggots

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/much-abrew-baral-storm-modern

>If you do decide to play the deck, make sure to play a ton of games (especially if you've never played Storm before). The deck is extremely hard to play optimally, and this build is even more difficult than past Modern storm builds thanks to Gifts Ungiven—one of the most skill-testing cards in the entire format. While you can pick up some wins just by waiting as long as possible to combo off, it takes a lot of practice to know when it's correct to try to combo off early (perhaps to avoid a discard spell or sideboard hate card), when it is okay to keep waiting, and how to sequence everything. Basically, the deck is very punishing, and there isn't a huge margin for error.

Literally a skill- intensive deck.
>>
>>52261729
>does that change the fact of which cantrip I use?
>does that change the fact of which order I play my cantrips?
>does that Chang the fact whether I play my guy or not?
>do the next card I draw mean I can go off next turn or attempt to?
>this isn't the optimal card to leave on top but will it increase my chances of winning?
Should I continue?
>>
>>52261532

stop memeing this trash list for the love of god
>>
>>52261767
>tron
>high skill cap

This is my favorite meme. Gotta get those lands yo.

Get real. Even a basic aggro deck like Affinity is more complex.
>>
>>52261769
And what does that change? if they're going to ghost quarter or PtE, I will get the cards regardless. Would you seriously change your game plans if you knew your opponent was running 3 basics instead of 2?

I can see it in the SMALLEST of chances affecting a Ghost Quarter play, but that's all that changes.
>>
>>52261803
>SaffronOlive
>not a massive shitter who hates Burn because it's ez (protip: it's not) and loves his Enchantress memes.

He's popular with the casual "I spent $100, I demand you acknowledge my shitbrew as a real deck!" crowd for a very good reason.
Literally one step above Desolator and Rudy.
>>
>>52261767
>Tron
>get sol lands online and drop whatever biggest threat you can every turn
>skill

Tron is literally the most brain-dead shell I've ever played with or against.
>>
>>52261750
No there are decks I would legitimately admit are more skill intensive than Storm. Lantern, and UW control can typically have more decisions and can be more difficult. I've played easy games with both, but to optimally play UW control in this meta you have to play almost perfectly to not lose, same with lantern. But besides that there are no other tiered decks that are more difficult to play
>>
>>52261826

>this trash list

At the risk of getting flamed, what list? Is spellweaver volute the namesake or what?
>>
>>52261803
>saffronolive
>aka punts for days
>makes misplays all the time
>a good metric for judging a decks skillcap

I didn't know stormfags were this desperate lol
>>
>>52261788
>Burn
Cmon senpai
>>
>>52261880
Volute is not even in the deck. Kys
>>
>>52261844
You've given your opponent information because you were careless in your card art.

Imagine if you slipped up and showed a Thoughtseize from a different set than the two you cast game 1. Now he knows you're running three, and therefore that you're probably running 2 IoK, and now he knows that once you're out of IoKs that he's clear to punish your life because Thoughtseize is so dangerous.

Gotta think about this stuff my man. The amount of information you give away is incredible.
Seriously, you have no idea.
https://leadership.wharton.upenn.edu/gathering-intelligence-conversation-2/
>>
>>52261879
>Lantern
>literally "Do I have my lock? No? Time to dig" the deck

Modern General is my favorite. Lantern requires as much skill as the cat lady combo in standard.
>>
>>52261410
I can't find a picture of a mm15 foil, why are the different from any other foiled card?
>>
>>52261803
I love saffron olive's content for the most part, but he is retarded when it comes to how to play a game of magic.
>>
Is Saplings in modern good? I love Saplings and I have a deck in every format except modern, but I'd like to be able to compete abit.
>>
>>52261901
There's no getting around the fact that it's entirely about bolting face versus bolting creatures.
>>
>>52261887
>this guy who literally is paid to play magic all day can't distinguish between a difficult and easy deck
Literally irrelevant if he makes misplays or not, if your job is to play magic you know what is difficult or not. I don't care who you are, if you do something literally every day, you will learn what's easy and what's difficult
>>
>>52261979
Saprolings. Shit
>>
Never played modern
Is there ever a reason to run cloudpost over Urza's Mine/Tower?
>>
>>52261958
You are a fucking retard and it was explained why you you wrong last time you pulled this meme fuck off. You've never played the deck and don't understand how it works.
>>
>>52261958
>Lantern is an easy deck
Stopped reading there, thanks for ousting yourself as a blatant retard so I can stop responding.
>>
>>52261979
Holy shit no.
You're a slower elves, and everyone already runs a deck that can beat elves, or packs an easy boardwipe in sideboard if they need help.

Also, it's a jank brew, but Bile Blight ruins your day and some people opt for that over Anger of the Gods just to eat mana dorks.
>>
>>52261924

>have never heard of the deck
>other dude only says spellweaver

if you have the list just post it, otherwise no bully ty
>>
>>52261963
Go look up modern masters 15 foil on google, literally all curled and shit foiling, they're really just fucking trash
>>
>>52262031
>>52262032
I can play this game too. Watch this.

>responding
Stopped reading right there.
>>
File: IMG_0079.jpg (173KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0079.jpg
173KB, 1334x750px
>>52262067
>>
>>52262061
>curling
sleeve to reduce air contact, and stack vertically. Works on cards that come curled too
>shit foiling
won't argue that.

I just think the curling complaints are dumb, although if it were continual issue I'd complain.
But then again
>paying extra money for something that has extra artificial value added
Foils only matter for bulk collectors/sellers/traders who draft every Friday because it doubles the card value, and was acquired at no extra cost if drafted.
>drafting
top meme

Foils a shit.
>>
>people saying storm is easy
>when Jon Finkel literally said it's one of the hardest decks to play
>But clearly they know better
I should add the new version is more difficult to play. An active pyromancers ascension is literally impossible to lose with same with untapping with an electromancer. The fact of the matter is both decks are pretty easy to win with once you have either an Ascension or a live mancer or a resolved gifts and mancer and 3 floating. Comboing off when play is not optimal is what makes the deck difficult, and that's harder to do now than when we had probe
>>
>>52262156
Curling depends on where you live, if you live in the tropics foils curl like crazy.
>>
>>52262192
I'm in Dallas. Not quite the tropics, but it's not Newark either. Vertical stacking still does wonders.
>>
>>52262184
Yea you already said this. Nobody cares
>>
>>52262184
For how much longer are you going to shit the thread?
>>
>>52262256
It's the modern general. Other threads come here to shitpost.
come play EDH lad. Our thread is always on topic 95% of the time
>>
>>52262044

I literally went through the archive for this shit for you anon

sorceries
>4 life from the Loam
>4 faithless looting
>3 ancient stirrings
>2 conflagrate
>4 flame jab
>4 ravens crime
>3-4 Inquisition of Kozilek
>2-3 collective brutality
>2 time warp
>1 worldfire
>0-1 vengeful pharaoh
instants
>2 gifts ungiven
>1 noxious revival
creatures
>1 stinkweed imp
artifact
>4 spellweaver helix

>sb
>1 stinkweed imp
>1 engineered explosives
>2 abrupt decay
>2 ancient grudge
>1 damnation
>2 vengeful pharaoh
>1 ghost quarter
>2 anger of the gods
>1 nature's claim
>2 whatever idk

Apparently surgical is also a good mainboard option.
>>
>>52261933
Okay, lets run with this idea for a minute.

So obviously when you're running cards that as volatile as Thoughtsieze, it would be wise to have your play set matching. But when you play shells that almost always have 4 or 2-ofs in the deck, I don't see how having mismatching cards affects your opponents strategy much.

Taking out the whole "I only have mismatching cards" fact. I'm not looking to start shit here, I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>52262256
>how much longer are you going to talk about magic the gathering?
>>
>>52262324

That's it? how in gods name does it actually win a game?
>>
>>52262241
Go look up Finkels write up on modern storm you fucking retard
>>
>>52262369
>you now realize you will be here forever
>>
>>52262382

>spellweaver helix
>flame jab
>worldfire

You should be able to figure it out from there.
>>
>>52262391
>An article from literally 3 years ago
>Relevant in any way
Yeah good one
>>
>>52262324
Wow, looks like hot garbage
>>
>>52262326
It gives them information about your draws as well. If you get thoughtseized and your opponent notes the art of the basic lands that you have or that you're playing with a specific version of a card in your hand, all they have to do is play the slightest bit of attention to what you play and whether or not it matches what they saw. This has happened in my matches on multiple occasions where I look at my opponents hand and then notice that they played something that did not match what I saw.
>>
>>52262391
I said nobody cares
>>
>>52262412
>an article from 3 years ago from when the deck was more linear and had better cards is irrelevant on if the deck is more difficult to play now
Makes me think
>>
>>52262430

It can win, the tools are online vs a surprising number of tier decks but it's by no means anything other than a meme

It also folds to lots of grave hate and instant artifact removal
>>
>>52262326
I am the anon you are responding to.
Claiming great importance in matching sets is a shit stirring technique. Matching sets has incredibly minor real benefit. Granted, there is a certain benefit, it's just so small that dropping $30 on new cards to match the set isn't worth it.

It's the same as running functionally identical, but lesser known cards, or using older printings with confusing wordings.
Your opponent probably knows about Atog. But will he have the same name-recognition value if you run Ravenous Intruder?
Or if your opponent doesn't know Atog, and you're running Antiquities wording, is there a benefit?
Presumably there's some value. But is it enough to actually matter?

I'm inclined to say no.
If you can match sets and have near-identical cards, cool. I own four Antiquities Atogs and four Ravenous Intruders.
If you're like the guy in the thread yesterday who had four Birds of Paradise across three different sets, and it would cost $30 to match, why bother?
>>
>>52262067
Okay I'll break it down a second time for your retarded ass so I hope you appreciate the (you).

Lantern does more in the early stages of the game than "Do I have my lock? No? Time to dig" and to even imply that shows how little you know, or understand about the deck.

First of all regarding digging, the deck only plays 4 Ancient stirrings as a mean to dig without setup. Now you'll argue "but you can just self mill" but this is only correct if you have lantern and can afford to mill via ghoulcaller's or give up a little of the lock with shredders. If you have academy ruins you can sometimes afford t oself mill to dig but often times it's way to slow. Before you try and argue for blind mill you should acknowledge the fact you're putting yourself in a very risky situation only to increase your odds by a very small amount and it's incorrect to do 95% of the time.

Secondly, you completely ignore the interactive elements of the deck, like discard, removal, extraction and GQ. Most of the time playing lantern is spent using discard in tandem with establishing a lock or by using one of the many removal spells in the deck. It's not just goldfish into a lock like you're painting it outt to be.

This isn't even going into the decision making process of the deck at all in ordering discard vs stirrings or artifact, when to use removal, getting the most out of needle and extraction and what to tutor for with inventor's fair all the while establishing a lock.

It's obvious you either don't know how the deck works, are trolling or possibly both and I'm not sure why I'm giving you a (you).

also here's a spreadsheet for anybody interested on the math behind blind milling
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sNU5NNs4d92ZyQ4omMiWdK4Jl-YCAvtyeJhVpk2Eibc/edit#gid=1693211538
>>
>>52262521
Lantern players confirmed autistic.
>>
>>52262536
Wow great response, you really showed him
>>
>>52262539
I was not showing anyone anything. I was merely making the statement. It is the same for the autistic social manipulation anon talking about Burn earlier in the thread.

I am providing a service, free of charge. No one is being showed anything.
>>
>>52262536
>Burn players autistic
>Lantern players autistic
>Tron players autistic
>Magic players autistic
>Everyone autistic
>>
>>52262560
Welcome to MTG Modern General.
>>
>>52262557
Wow, just when I thought you couldn't get literally anymore autistic, you prove me wrong.
>>
>>52262582
Please stop using autistic as an insult. I am using it as a social label. There is no harm in the service I provide.
>>
>>52262521

This is the type of response that would have established whether or not storm was actually a skill intensive deck, but instead the storm player just kept saying SERUM VISIONS OR SLEIGHT? ANSWER MY QUESTION
>>
>>52262536
>I have no argument
>a-a-aut-t-tism
kys

>>52262557
how is having an argument autism? Pretty sure you're the one with tism here buddy if you can't have a discussion. Please explain how it is at all similar to the burn tipper.

Go ahead I'm waiting.
>>
>>52262616
I don't know why you're antagonizing me. Please stop.
>>
>ctrl F
>autis
>19 results

great thread.
>>
>>52261860
Woah woah woah
Saffron olive is much better than Rudy, and deso is just leagues below everyone else
>>
>>52262630
Talk dumb shit, get hit.
>>
>>52262560
This is correct desu
>>
>>52260638
get gud kid
>>
File: some laughter never stops.png (153KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
some laughter never stops.png
153KB, 265x370px
So, the other day, I set out to trivialize every Modern deck because I can and I'm bored.

>Death's Shadow: Kill self, win
>Affinity: Dump hand, swing all
>Burn: 7 bolts
>Bant Eldrazi: Displacer:The Deck
>Tron: Timmy slams Karn
>Eldrazi Tron: Chalice wins games, right?
>Jund: Goyf beats
>Junk: worse Goyf Beats
>Ad Nauseam: pray you get 5 mana
>Scapeshift: Slam Valakut
>Titan Shift: Slam 2 Valakut
>Valakut Breach: see above
>Merfolk: Mono Green
>Grixis Delver: Lose
>Storm: """skill- intensive"""
>Dredge: "Do you have graveyard hate?"
>Infect: count to 10
>Esper Draw- Go: Control is dead
>Lantern Control: No lock? Dig.
>Zoo: Folds to Anger
>Elves: Folds to Pyroclasm
>Living End: Cycle + Cascade
>Grishoalbrand: Throw lands or whatever
>Spirits: meme deck
>Ponza: something something LD
>DnT: is a deck
>Knightfall: Retreat to Mediocrity
>Cheerios: pile of bad cards
>Bogles: like Burn, but dumber
>Skred: look at my lands
>8Rack: "Cards in hand?"
>8Whack: poorfag
>BW Tokens: Play Bitterblossom, kill self

If I missed your deck, let me know and I'll add it to the shitlist. Amendments will be taken at my fancy.
>>
>>52263318
>>Bant Eldrazi: Displacer:The Deck
Every Bant Eldrazi match I have ever played they just draw a million reality smashers off the top.
Also
>Junk worse than Jund
>>
>>52263318

>junk
>not spookier goyf beats
>>
>>52263338
>>52263383
Duly noted.
>>
>>52263318
Do RUG Delver even though it isn't tiered.
>>
>>52263477
Win
>>
>>52263488
>Rug Delver: Somehow Delver isn't the worst card in my deck
>>
>>52263318
Don't forget Abzan Company.
>>
>>52263477
>>52263521
Made me chuckle. Added.

>>52263558
Hmm, something about how "busted" CoCo is. Or maybe, "Pod did nothing wrong"
>>
>>52263521
Which card would be worse?
>>
>>52263318
There is a lack of "Twin: We'll be unbanned soon, because that's the only way to save Modern"
>>
>>52263521
>RUG delver: I actually only want to play Goyf and counterspells
>>
>>52263626
LOL this is pretty true
>>
>>52263558
>Abzan coco: I only need a 4 card combo to win
>>
>>52263633
>LOL
Use your words anon.
>>
>>52263601
Simic Charm
>>
>>52263645
What would you like me to say? Laugh out Loud? K
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/delve-shadow-2/
Deck list there, now I'll go over card choices, and what makes it different from traditional Shadow.
Firstly, Card Choices:
Lands: Pretty basic mana base, 19 lands, can be cut to 18. Run 11 fetches, I personally like a 2/2/2 split of the BUG shock lands, but if you do cut one, it should be Overgrown Tomb as you typically want Blue/ Black turn 1. I run 2 basics, as path to exile is a common card, same with Ghost Quarter, and people will hit your mana aggressively against Death's Shadow decks. Besides that, it's pretty simple, mana base is pretty strict and we want shock lands, really no room for tech here.
Sorceries:
Firstly, typically 6 discard effects. You can go up if the meta is combo heavy. If your meta is more aggressive, of course 4 inquisition and 2 thought seize is correct, if slower, switch it around. I feel 6 is correct here. We burn through our deck quite quickly between our 15 cantrips, and if we see something we need to take our next discard is usually only a cantrip or 2 away even with 6.
4x Serum Visions is a must, fuels delve, scrys away Griselbrand, and lands. It's the best card selection in Modern, that's all there is to it really, and with Manamorphose and Street Wraith the scryed cards aren't out of reach.
>>
>>52264267
3x Eldritch Evolution: The main reason to play this deck. Not only is it really fun, but provides a nice toolbox for extra reach. Typically getting a Griselbrand is a win. A lot of modern decks cannot beat Griselbrand if they're trying to race. He blocks any Tarmogoyf really, and he only dies to Path and Terminate in this meta. A 5/5 isn't always good enough, especially on the play. Some other good targets are Iona, Shield of Emeria, and Elesh Norn as we all know. Elesh is a hard lock against a lot of the decks currently when resolved turn 3. Elves, Goblins, Merfolk, Zoo, Hatebears (Not Eldrazi), Tokens, Dredge (Amalgam isn't bad when he's a 1/1), Infect, and Abzan Company really can't win with an Elesh on the board. It's possible against all these decks if you stripped their path and they're drawing off the top after having their board wiped, you are in a really good position. Then there's Iona, who shuts down Burn, and pretty much all Combo. 2 very powerful cards you can pretty easily have access to turn 3, and there's many more toolbox cards that can win you the game. It's an awesome card, and I think this is a great deck for it. Keep in mind Saccing the creature is an additional cost, so they can't respond by killing the creature, which is relevant in the Eldrazi matchups who are running dismembers. This card really answered a problem I've had with Death's Shadow Jund. Sometimes you dig yourself too far into a hole because you had to. Evolution either lets you win a tight race, or lock your opponent out entirely. It can completely flip a game with 1 resolved spell, and I really like that ability.
>>
>>52264284
Creatures:
4x Death's Shadow is a must. Modern is a fast aggressive format, and you lose life. Very easy to dig for one, it's rare that you don't see one, and as such always pay the life unless you're against another aggro. It's a Great card, I won't go too much into it.
7x Gurmag Angler/Hooting Mandrills. If you intend to be fetching Iona's, run 4 Anglers and 3 Hooting Mandrills if you want to Evolve into 9 mana guys, but if Griselbrand is going to be good enough I prefer 4 Mandrills and 3 Angler. They're really good, they come down turn 2 very consistently, and my favorite part is they don't die to push or decay, which seem to be pretty rampant right now. Being able to put 12 power on the board turn 3 across 3 bodies is pretty cool, and with all the cantrips it's very achievable. Also the legend rule applies very much to Tasigur, as we very frequently draw duplicates, he's good, but I prefer Mandrills with Trample and non Legendary. Angler is a must if want to be Evolving into 9 mana creatures though.
2x Griselbrand: We fetch for him with Eldritch Evolution off a Delve Creature. He beats some aggro on the spot, he fills our hand, he's really good. 2 is enough, it's okay to draw one because of all cantripping, but we still want one in our deck. If there's a particular creature you'd prefer, run 2 of those if your meta calls for it, I find Terastodon is pretty spicy against Tron.
4x Street Wraith: He just goes really good with Death's Shadow, he cycles and we pay life, not probe, but he's okay.
>>
>>52264267
>>52264284

Quit posting your deck every single thread. Seriosuly, your list is fine, just go fucking play it.
>>
>>52264293

Instants:
4x Thought Scour: It Cycles and it fuels delve. It's very good, we don't utilize our graveyard in other ways so we're not maximizing it's potential, but still it fuels delve and cantrips, also have to remember to hit that land they scryed to the top. Really does feel good scouring away a double topped serum visions.
3x Manamorphose: The deck does need fixing every now and again, as all people who have run these decks know. It cycles and fuels delve and fixes, it's not perfect, but I've been liking it. It's really just my replacement for probe at the moment, and really fueling delve is very important.
3/4/5x removal: Removal in Modern is pretty good. Use the one's that work best for you. Maybe 4 dismembers if you face a lot of Eldrazi, or 4 fatal pushes, maybe even Golgari charm or Maelstom Pulse. Removal is really flexible in modern, and this should be adjusted to your liking, cut a cantrip if you feel you need more, or add one if you need less, pretty flexible.
>>
>>52264300
Shit man, I just want some suggestions and to talk about my deck, I have no friends. I figure of I do a write up and post it on tapped out someone might look at it.
>>
>>52264300
>Quit talking about Magic!
Nah, fuck you dude
>>
>>52264314
Why I play this, instead of Death's Shadow Jund:
First of all, I like to brew, and I like toolboxes. I'll admit, Death's Shadow Jund is obviously the better deck over all, much more well rounded and flexible to an extent. But this deck has some strengths. One, is turn 3 Griselbrand. Between our discard, and his draw 7, we can protect him. We can also fetch out other cards to give us the edge. He brings us back from the brink. Sometimes Fetch, Wraith, Wraith, Shadow seems like a really good hand. Then we Thoughtseize and see a hand of bolts, or a hand of elves, or a hand of things that we would rather not have to pay half our life to play against. It is situational yes, but having that card and being able to dig out of the health hole is pretty great. And even in a matchup where Griselbrand will die, it really just turns into (1)(G)(G) Sac a creature, pay 7 draw 7, which can definitely win a game from anyone trying to grind. Drawing 7 is pretty great. Another thing, we are not vulnerable to 2 of the most popular kill spells right now in Fatal Push and Abrupt Decay. This is such a big plus I can't even tell you how many game I've won where after my opponent revealed a hand with 2 pushes. We don't get as big as Goyf yes, but we get pretty close. Another advantage, we have more draw and selection, and a tutor. Our Sideboard games are great, you always draw into a sideboard card, or evolve into one. That's what I really like, they always are playing through hate games 2 and 3. Next, we're not as vulnerable to graveyard hate I feel, or rather, differently vulnerable. Shadow is still Shadow, so he doesn't mind. But we only rely on delve to cast our guys, once they hit the board, they are there, they don't shrink. It's hard to play through RIP, but that goes for any deck relying on the yard. A 0/1 Goyf isn't much better than a Monkey or Fish in the hand. Also we don't rely on Traverse we don't rely on Kommand, but once we're on the board our GY isn't so relevant.
>>
>>52264267
>>52264284
>>52264293
>>52264314
>>52264352

Are you asking to be bullied?
>>
>>52264334
Look, I get it. You like it, you want help. And actually, I was the one that gave you help a couple threads ago, suggesting cutting cantrips and mandrills and go to 7 discard spells. But it's been like, four threads. Seriously, go play it. Playing will help you work out any links in the deck and you can post match reports and give us new information. And I've goldfished your deck a couple times, and honestly it seems fun. Play it for a week or two, then try again.

>>52264338
Fuck you too, buddy.
>>
File: IMG_6038.jpg (141KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6038.jpg
141KB, 620x420px
>>52264443
I'm not your buddy, guy
>>
>>52264411
Why is asking for suggestions on a deck asking to be bullied.
>>52264443
Yeah man, I remember that. Thanks, but that's literally the only reply I have gotten and I feel like there's something I'm not thinking of, some card that's really good I'm not utilizing, you know, just a little input or suggestion or anything to improve the deck now that I've cut it to 60 would be cool, I wouldn't post it if someone would just give me a suggestion or 2 on the refined list.
>>
>>52264525
>asking for suggestions on a deck
you're posting detailed walls of text about your picks like a blog
>>
>>52264552
I'm posting on my card selection, in hopes that someone will give me suggestions in the same manner. People can see why I chose the cards and what I'm trying to do, so they can understand the deck better, cause it is a bit different.
>>
>>52264525
Alright man, I'll help you out again. I'm at work, but I've got some spare time. What exactly do you have problems with? Why do you feel like there's something you're missing?
>>
>>52264508
I'm not your guy, pal.
>>
>>52264597
The main problems I'd have are lingering souls and other decks going wide. Really can't afford to splash much. I was thinking about Main boarding Elesh Norn, but I don't know if that's enough. It really does have a great matchup against anything not going wide, and Mandrills can run over souls tokens pretty well, but if I'm on Shadow and Angler it's a beating. My meta is kind of spread out a lot, and I'm just not sure how good Iona is, cause there really isn't room for more than 2 fatties to tutor in the deck, cause drawing them while it isn't the end of the world is pretty miserable. Maybe some versatile card, something that can wipe tokens Idk, something I can main board in spot of a cantrip with versatility, cause I definitely think I can flex around at this point, cause the consistency is definitely there now.
>>
File: BlackLotus.jpg (30KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
BlackLotus.jpg
30KB, 226x311px
Can I buy unopened packs of Alpha/Beta/Unlimited from somewhere? If so, what kind of price should I be looking at?
>>
>>52264732
Trust me on this. Please just listen to me. Never, ever, ever in your life buy a single pack of alpha or beta. You have to buy a sealed, and make sure it is 100% original seal Starter deck.
>>
>>52264683
Play. If you don't want to mainboard Elesh Norn (which I might advise. She punishes Burn, Affinity, lingering souls and other strategies that go wide. Also, cutting to 1 Griselbrand won't hurt you that much, but I'm not totally sure on that.) something to consider is Maelstrom Pulse, especially if you're that worried about soul tokens. You also don't have a sideboard yet, which you really need to build WITH your deck, so Elesh or Pulse in the side can work really well for you.
>>
>>52264755
thx lad, I believe you. I love u
>>
>>52264755
This, there are ways to look to see what the rare is in the early boosters, so unless you are getting a sealed box of them they have probably been searched.
>>
>>52264755
This free packs floating around are 100% searched already

Even if you are buying sealed box or starter deck I would do so in person to make sure it hasn't be tampered with
>>
>>52264818
Currently the Sideboard, which is always changing, is
1x Elesh
1x Iona
1x Terrastodon
1x Ashen Rider
2x Hurkyl's
1x Abrupt Decay
1x Krosan Grip
1x Brutality
2x Surgical
2x Countersquall
2x Drown in Sorrow
>>
File: 1426053571481.jpg (63KB, 455x621px) Image search: [Google]
1426053571481.jpg
63KB, 455x621px
Hey modern lads, I like playing with artifacts. However, I'm not looking to play affinity-tier artifacts. I've been trying to use cards like Hangarback Walker and Walking Ballista in the same deck and was wondering if there was a shell which fit both of them, like a +1/+1 counter synergy deck.
>>
is esper draw-go the best deck in WUB colors?

>>52264949
abzan snek
>>
>>52264960
Wow, I wasn't expecting such a quick response. Would you care to enlighten me on that deck?

As for esper draw-go being the best esper deck, I wouldn't doubt it. WUB is one of the better control combinations and I don't think there's many other shells that you could use. Perhaps if you're feeling adventurous you could try Esper Thopter-sword combo.
>>
>>52264936
Interesting side. I'd like to know how Terastadon and Ashen Rider are working out for you. And you have Drown in Sorrow, so i don't totally understand why you're so worried about go wide decks. If it's still a problem, you can cut the countersqualls for more space.
>>
>>52265014
Ashen Rider and Terrastodon come in against tron which can be kind of rough cause were not quite as fast as DSJ obviously. Depends on the board state really, if I have blockers, I run out Terrastodon and it's GG, also if they managed to get out a Ulyanov, but that's pretty bad but Ashen Rider can beat it. Also it is nice that Ugin can't wipe our 8 drops, and even anglers without being a 1 for 1. Rider also comes in against some other decks, but mostly as a cautionary answer to Tron, but when I need him, he's great. Tendrils just doesn't cut it every time honestly, I don't want damnation, cause I need my board, and -2-2 doesn't always cut it, but it's been okay. I like squall though, Leyline gets brought in every time, so it's a good way to have a backup to disrupt combo. Like I can get to a stalled board state, but coco and chord into something just outvalues me, and damnation isn't the answer, also Merfolk get bigger than 2 toughness real quick
>>
>>52265006
It's a weird mix of Junk and Affinity where you use Winding Constrictor and Hardened Scales to get huge Walking Ballistas and Arcbound Ravagers

you haven't lived until you use Gavony Township to give all of your creatures +3/+3
>>
>>52265006
It's actually not a bad deck, and some people call it Abzan affinity rather than Abzan snake. It plays similar to the modern deck, but it's really hit or miss, you either get all the synergy and combo you could ever dream, or you just draw real awkward.
>>
>>52265140
Not really so much of a mix of Junk, doesn't play much Junk cards.
>>
>>52265006
In short words, Ravager, Scales, Walking Balista and Winding Constrictor.

Go buck wild with artifact sacraficing and placing those counters on ballista.

Bonus points for having modular creatures.
>>
>>52265126
You make some good points, and it seems like you have a good grasp on your deck. I'm not really sure how else i can help you. And, to be completely honest, it seems like you just want validation that your deck is good. And it does seem good and it seems like you can play it well enough. I think you just need to keep playing it and smooth things out. Keep testing, and when you can bring some more information to the table, come back. I promise I'll be around to help you out sone more if you need it.
>>
>>52265140
>>52265154
>>52265218
Nice. I can only assume that shit like Arcbound Worker, Scooze, and Push are good cards in that type of deck.
>>
>>52265333
Essentially I was just wondering what the good sideboard options were in Bug Colors besides Iona when Drown doesn't cut it. If only there was something like -3-3 or -4-4, I'm sure it'd be enough to get me there, I even tried mutilate but I just can't reliably get to 3 or 4 swamps while also casting my stuff. It's just not worth it, cause you already lost on board.
>>
>>52265510
Bile Blight is an option. There's Languish and Yahenni's Expertise (and it comes with a free spell!) also and they don't kill most of your stuff, but might not cut it if Damnation didn't work.
>>
>>52265650
Oh man Yahenni's expertise seems perfect, I should have been keeping up with that set, that seems great, I'm not even losing tempo really cause I have plenty of other cards I could hit off it, I don't even think I saw that on Gatherer. And it would definitely be better, I don't run damnation cause it kills my board, but that's be perfect, -3-3 is definitely the sweet spot cause it misses Mandrillas and I can't see it not snagging a few Elves or Merfolk, and also a free dismember to clean up or something, thanks man, gonna test that right now, and I know I can cast it because I always go mid game with them.
>>
>>52263318
Living end should be "my deck is made out of draft commons"
>>
>>52263318
Lantern should be "you don't get to play"
>>
>>52266015
But that's only if you get the lock. Remember anon, the only thing Lantern does is dig until it has lock :^)
>>
>>52266045
Oh yeah I forgot the deck is all cantrips aside from the lock silly me

hope that idiot was trolling desu
>>
>>52266185
it's a meme dude
>>
>>52265716
>I should have been keeping up with that set

It was literally the first card spoiled
>>
>>52266205
Hey man, if a guy isn't following Standard, he's not going to see any of the spoilers, no matter what order they're released in.

Is it a good practice? no. Can it happen? yes.
>>
>>52266199
Kys
>>
>>52266228

people were going nuts for yahennis as the first spoiler because they swore that it was going to push grixis control to higher tier thanks to ancestral vision
>>
>>52266290
Don't go too far my man, that's not even a terribly spicy meme.

Here, let me show you how it's done.
>>
File: oldie but a goldie.png (1MB, 690x925px) Image search: [Google]
oldie but a goldie.png
1MB, 690x925px
Okay Modern General, it's time to talk about April 24th bans and unbans. I know it's a ways out, but we might as well start preparing for the fallout now, because we all know what's getting unbanned.

In light of that, I've gone and made an investment (pic). Now, it cost me some Atogs, but I've got what I know is the gold standard in Vintage Planeswalker hate. The other 56 arrive on the 25th, which gives me time to inventory and rebox them for when the demand spikes.
Plus, I can load them into my Affinity deck without much trouble (I had a reserve of Atogs, no worries).

So Modern General, how do you plan on remaining competitive in the fallout after April 24th. Don't say gofy, because we all know Mishra's Bauble is getting hit and hit hard.
Show me what your super secret tech is.
>>
>>52266440
I'm pretty sure it's going to be another "no updates".
If Bauble does get banned, I'll just go back to playing regular Jund and bitch about how whatever decks I don't like didn't get anything banned.
>>
>>52266440
Twin unban?
>>
>>52266440
dies to bolt
>>
>>52266351
>>52266440
See this is a well thought out meme, it's much better than blatantly misrepresenting a deck and then going "lol trolled hard"

Overall I rate this meme a 6.5/Mox opal is a vintage level card.
>>
>>52266539
Shut the fuck up you raging autismo
>>
>>52266544
t. "no lock? dig for it"
>>
>>52266440
shit man I thought I was autistic for buying a playset of preordain
>>
>>52264655
Shut the fuck up, faggot
>>
>>52266440
5/7 perfect
>>
>watch others play abzan coco
>they always get multiple cocos or chords
>I play abzan coco
>mull to 5, still none of either in opening hand
>6 turns later, still havent pulled one

I don't know how people make this inconsistent as fuck deck work because I can never seem to get the draws I need. Ever.
>>
>>52267308
Have you tried playing yourself? People always seem to draw it against you.
>>
what's the most fun meme version of death's shadow
>>
>>52268390
MonoBlack Death's Shadow with Triskaidekaphobia and Tree of Perdition
>>
>>52267373
I actually haven't.

I need to start making a clone of myself to pair up against at FNM, because that dude is going to get fucked on every mulligan and will never draw anything he needs.
>>
>fetches are already stabilizing again
Glad I got the ones I wanted already.
>>
What match ups does knightfall board in unified wills? Just noncreature?
>>
>>52266440
>Le EBIN MAY MAY xDD pls upvote
>>
>>52255945
Dsj is a fair deck that does half your job on its own. It's not unbeatable. I played against it three times on Saturday (one of which was the final round.) And won every time, except for that final game where he surgically extracted my fetch and left me on one mountain the entire match.
Just fucking hold up bolt and blast them when they go down low. For you to be in lethal range, so must your opponent.
Fucking play bolts people.
>>
>>52269813
>play bolts
good advice for the death shadow players too
>>
>>52269829
If your deck is running dorks, I honestly recommend mainboarding at least one Primal Command these days. The first mode says target player gains 7 life ;^)
>>
So this dude was so salty I was playing RG Ponza in Xmage he literally bugged my game so neither of us could do anything

Is this a typical reaction to playing land destruction
>>
>>52261449
I once made a guy tilt into losing at a GP event by playing stompy with all white bordered forests, most of them from revised with different arts but also some from other sets.
>>
Quick question guys. Can I sacrifice Judge's familiar even though there isn't any targets on the stack?
>>
>>52270587
Nei.
>>
>>52270587
No, everything that says target must have a target. Unless it says "upto one target" or something.
>>
>>52270598
>>52270595
Okay, thanks guys.
>>
>>52270624
But you're a cool dude for playing Judge's Familiar in Modern. It and Mausoleum Wanderer are my favourite one drops because I love UW jerks.
>>
File: 20170320_095409.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170320_095409.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>52270639
I love JF. On the play it can stop a turn 1 discard and curving into thalia 1.0 with it is neato. It also carries exalted triggers like a champ. I was just wondering if I could sac it to trigger revolt for Renegade Rallier.
>>
New thread:
>>52271414
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.