[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best System for Drakengard/NieR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Taro-Yoko.jpg (64KB, 658x356px) Image search: [Google]
Taro-Yoko.jpg
64KB, 658x356px
With the recent release of NieR Automata, one of my friends expressed interest for playing a tabletop game set in the Drakengard/NieR universe. Are there any sort of homebrew systems for it already made? I looked into it, but couldn't find any. What sort of system would fit best for an adaptation?
>>
>>52251275
Try GURPS, you can download the lite version of the rules for free.
>>
>>52251275
A Drakengard/NieR game would be less about the system and more about how well the DM can throw players off.
>>
Depends on if you want NieR or Drakengard. Cause Nier is post-apocalyptic magitech, while Drakengard is Berserk esque dark fantasy
>>
>>52251319
I'd say they'd probably prefer a game similar to NieR rather than Drakengard.
>>
>>52251314
This.

Drakengard can work with just about any RPG system, but it's largely up to the DM to give that sense of madness, anxiety, and reversal of tropes that the games go for.

A good first step would be to get the soundtrack for the one you're going to be drawing from the most and utilizing that during play if possible.
>>
>>52251421
I'd suggest playing the soundtrack at full volume on every available device simultaneously.

> https://youtu.be/A1gVwUDz0Ts (Listen to this one with headphones on right the fuck now.)
> https://youtu.be/NuI671YQV2c
> https://youtu.be/NuI671YQV2c
>>
>>52251454
>drakengard 2

Out.
>>
>>52251463
Buddy, fuck off. I'm not claiming it was a good game, I'm posting every version of a song with three variants.
>>
>>52251454
I. HEAR. A. SOUND.
>>
>>52251421
An addendum, happiness should be fleeting, and the victories often Pyrrhic.
>>
>>52251421
You only need two things. A GM willing to hurt his players, and players willing to take it in good fun.
>>
>>52251685
>and players willing to take it in good fun.

Or players held against their will.

Seriously, drugging them all and tying them up would really help make the game feel right.
>>
>>52251314
>play an intense, rules-lite d6 system for 8 session
>Super invested, everyone on the edge of their seats
>New session starts with a new area and boss fight
>FUCK YOU WE'RE PLAYING GURPS NOW, HERE'S THE BOOK FUCK YOU GIT GOOD

Gotta include the random genre switches.
>>
>>52252444
I'm playing automata right now and holy shit the genre shifts are still amazing.

>Oh, enjoying the third boss of the game?
>HACKING MINIGAME.

I didn't realize that I could move and shoot in different direction while hacking until I got to the boss on my second playthrough.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.