[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Percy Jackson/Kane Chronicles RPG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Lightning_Thief.jpg (106KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning_Thief.jpg
106KB, 500x700px
I've been reading a lot of Riordan lately, and while I was halfway through The House of Hades I started thinking: what would a Percy Jackson/Kane Chronicles RPG look like?
I have several half-formed ideas about some mechanics that could make this system unique, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter.
>>
>>52247952
This is a depressing thread
>>
>>52250737
Probably because there is absolutely nothing in any of those books that you couldn't just use D&D for.
>>
>>52250873
>D&D
ew

Sorry your thread didn't get much attention, OP.
So, the thing I really like about PJ is the hard line between the powers each demigod family gets. I've always wanted to explore something like that in an game, but I can't find anything that does it in a satisfactory manner. This is exactly why you don't want to use D&D, btw.

I think the best way to handle this would be to do something like Wild Talents. Restrict characters to certain "power themes" based on their divine parentage, and let them make fairly open ended powers based around that theme. For example, Percy can do basically anything water related; he doesn't really have well defined boundaries between his abilities, they're all just water-y. I think if you could hardcode this into a system in a more concrete way than something like WT does it could be fun.
>>
>>52247952
I would like to see a system like that. seems like it would be fun to play and dm in. i like that the pc's have like lines of where they are good instead of someone trying to make the best guy thing. i have someone like that in the local group.
>>
>>52247952
You should poke your nose into Scion: Hero. It's one of the WoD games. According to /wodg/, it's among the worst of WoD, but it's about modern demigods of all pantheons.

My friends and I tried to play it, but didn't really get through anything because they're too ADHD, and the guy running it wasn't assertive enough to tell everyone to shut the fuck up and pay attention. I did make a hella cool character, though, even though I never really got to play it.
>>
>>52247952
If Scion was a better system it would practically be made for Percy Jackson
>>
>>52252805

Agreed. I had it as an option in case my current group didn't want to play any of the cWoD games, then I had to explain that the system is well and truly broken.
>>
>>52251384
>>52252805
>>52252890
There's a new edition coming out, right?

OP, questionable mechanics aside Scion is probably going to be the easiest conversion since it has an almost identical premise.
>>
>>52252929

I am hoping that they fixed it. But desu, White Wolf could never make good superhero mechanics, and demigods are on the same basic scale.
>>
Wait for Scion 2e to come out, OP. Then, gods willing, there will be a perfect system for just that.
>>
What about magicians? What about satyrs? what about mortals who can see through the Mist? What about the full Riordanverse experience, with quests and prophecies and shit? Does Scion cover that?
>>
>>52254969
A lot of that would be shit you GM - Riordenverse's NPCs need a hell of a good GM with how important a lot of them are to basically the whole flavour of the setting
>>
>>52254969
Magicians can be done with Mage: The Whatever (because I can never remember which is which). WoD games are compatible with each other.

As for the rest of that stuff, it doesn't need mechanics. You can do all that in fluff and roleplay.
Also, what >>52258291 said.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.