[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to find an online D&D group?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1469521116478.png (465KB, 470x462px) Image search: [Google]
1469521116478.png
465KB, 470x462px
What's the best way to find an online D&D group?
>>
The /tg/ Gamefinder thread.

If you reddit, /r/LFG

Roll20 has LFG listings

There are dozens of other sites that you can find if you use google.
>>
>>52246843
F-list, unironically.
>>
>>52246843
I found my group in the Spoony forums. Generally you can find a solid group simply by looking in more niche places because they are more dedicated to start with.

We have 4 core players and finding 1-2 more isn't hard.
>>
>>52246843
You can even make a thread in /r/playdate.
That's where I found my group.
>>
>>52246843
Roll20
>>
Roll20 is a good place to start but the % of the game getting anywhere is really low in my experience but the chances of a game not falling apart gets higher (hopefully) the more vetting and such the gm wants but I'm not sure honestly on that part.

/tg/ gamefinder is can be hit or miss because you still can have the people who would stop gming 2 weeks in ALONG with people who will post up a AD just to shitpost and never do anything with the game not to say that this doesn't happen on roll20 either, you also have the people who don't want to rp anything but just scream "meme" because they think it will help to fit in.

I never really looked anywhere else outside of F-list once and that went no where
>>
File: 1489703145804.gif (5KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
1489703145804.gif
5KB, 782x543px
>>52246875
You can't just say that and not elaborate.
>>
>>52246843
Through friends of friends and other players. Going to a Gamefinder is basically a dry well unless you're a GM and you're not gonna have a great success rate, but once you find a good player or two you can ask them if they know anyone. This person will then be double vetted and probably pretty decent as well. Repeat until group is formed.
>>
>>52247893
Everytime I've posted in Game Finder Ive got a response
>>
>>52246875
It's been pretty dry lately actually. I WISH someone would run a semi-lewd game there.

>>52247188
There are different gaming rooms on f-list's chat. /tg/ has one specifically.
>>
>>52248166
I'm new and I can't seem to find a game for the life of me ;_;
>>
>>52246843
An online D&D group is easy, as with >>52246857
The real struggle is trying to find an in-person group. Let me know when you find a good way to do that. Thanks
>>
>>52246843
Grow old.

Your real life friends move away or don't have all have the right schedule to do a weekend game, so you agree to do short weeknight games online because it's far more convenient.
>>
>>52247893
>>52248166
>>52248853

I got invited to three separate games over the course of a week after posting in the /tg/ GameFinder, so it can work out. The #1 issue that stops things happening is timezones.

OP, might be worth just starting a game yourself and posting invites for others. Grab a D&D module and post an ad in Roll20/Gamefinder/Reddit/Whatever and mention you're a new DM. You'll never be short on players.
>>
>>52246843
Join a group. Watch the game dissolve and break apart. Join another group. Watch it break. Repeat a few more times, each time remembering one player who was a total bro and getting a way to contact them.

Eventually after about a year you'll have a bonafide group of players that you have already vetted. Introduce them to each other and start playing.
>>
>>52254450
>Introduce them to each other and watch things you thought were minor cause the group to not gel.
FTFY
>>
>>52246843
>Open Skype, Facedit, or whatever social media you subscribe to.
>Go to contacts, friends, etc
>"Hey want to play some D&D online?"
>Get best schedule matchups
>Play.
I have like 8 contacts that are real people and not just bots I added because I'm a lonely fucker and this works fine for me.
>>
>>52256890

> not playing DnD with chatbots

Look at this scrub.
>>
>>52256890
How did you acquire these people in the first place?
Are they just people you played with before and decided to keep in contact with?
>>
>>52257024
>how do you have friends and acquaintances
We can't help you, you're too far gone
>>
>>52246843
The Deep Web.

Hire several assassins and make them play DND with you.

Enjoy the sight of several armed men sitting in a circle playing rogues trying to backstab each other.
>>
File: sad.jpg (18KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
18KB, 480x320px
>>52256890
How do you acquire these bots?
>>
>>52246843
Cast Divination.
Or, you know, Google.
>>
File: SCC_John_Henry_Thin_Your_Paints.jpg (482KB, 3656x2531px) Image search: [Google]
SCC_John_Henry_Thin_Your_Paints.jpg
482KB, 3656x2531px
>>52257006
Best chatbot coming through.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.