[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tempestus Scion Skitarii kitbash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170309_232613.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170309_232613.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
Hey /tg/. I recently was given a Tempestus Scion kit by a family member who knew I was into WH40K. I personally play Mechanicus, and was wondering if I used some spare Skitarii bitz to make the Scions more Mechanicus looking, would I be able to fluff them as the older Fluff's Tech Guard. Just wondering /tg/'s thoughts on the look as well as any suggested paint schemes.
>>
File: IMG_20170309_232629.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170309_232629.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
Some other angles of the sergeant.
>>
File: IMG_20170309_232646.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170309_232646.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
I'll note this is my first kitbash, so if anyone has any suggestions, I will gladly take them.
>>
I dont think it's a bad idea personally, only worry is that the pose is a bit lame. Also I have a question that's semi unrelated, how do the skitarii heads (both varieties) line up size wise compared to space marine and scion heads?
>>
>>52239709
The pose is kinda lame, yeah - I only decided to do a Kitbash at the last minute, so he is kinda... Dull.

Ranger heads fit on nicely, although some Vanguard heads, specifically the leaders, require a little trimming on the back of the head or they don't fit very well.

Marine helmets I don't know - I've only got one marine kit, the Space Marine Commander, and I have not touched it.
>>
From a fluff perspective it would be fine to use them as stormtroopers, there's even a regiment in the Scions codex that is under a forgeworld's command. Also they add some deepstrike you're missing in Ad Mech. Pose on the model could be better tho
>>
Totally acceptable, if you don't have Vanguards in your army, I would use them as a unique way to differentiate your Vanguards from Rangers, or if you do have Vanguards, fluff these as a special elite variant. Maybe even incorporate them into your army as Scion allies, but fluff them as a Skitarii spec-ops variant or something.
>>
>>52240260
>if you don't have Vanguards in your army, I would use them as a unique way to differentiate your Vanguards from Rangers
Thankfully, I do have a 15 man squad of rangers, but I think that is a really cool idea.
>if you do have Vanguards, fluff these as a special elite variant.

I was thinking something along those lines - Carapace armor and some heavy weapons, maybe they are the Tech Guard that Ciaphas Cain mentions in that one short story with the Necrons. I kind of like the idea, you know?
>>
>>52240425
I think you're definitely on the right track, dude. I assume you're going to use the Scion codex and ally them to your Mechanicum force, based on the fact your pictured model is using Scion wargear (sword and plasma pistol)

An anon further up the thread mentioned how the deep strike capacity of Scions would help shore up that need in a Mechanicum force. We were talking earlier how you could fluff these guys as a spec ops Skitarii variant. Why not make up a third staple Skitarii type to complement Vanguard and Rangers? Rangers are scouts and artefact-finders, Vanguard march on discovered threats and artefacts in force. These guys could be rapid-strike Skitarii to act as first responders flagged down by Rangers before the Vanguard and war machines grind in.

Velites and Hastati were two classes of Roman soldier that featured in the front lines of the Maniple military formation. They were young, inexperienced troops, but they were apparently placed forward so that their thrown missile weapons were most effective, so they could gain experience, or so that they could, unemcumbered by heavier armour and equipment loads, put the maximum amount of energy into combat. Maybe titling your Scion proxies that serve as these rapid-reaponae Skitarii as "Skitarii Velites" or "Skitarii Hastati" would be fluffy and flavourful and fun?
>>
>>52239444
Looks neat!
>>
The guy who ran my local GW store has a bunch of similarly kit bashed dudes he runs as Titan guard (before we got the hoplites and all that). It's honestly a pretty rad look imo.
>>
>>52243296
Holy shit the little decorative element at the collar of the Scion cuirass even looks like the Titanicus symbol
>>
>>52241028
>I assume you're going to use the Scion codex and ally them to your Mechanicum force, based on the fact your pictured model is using Scion wargear (sword and plasma pistol)

That is exactly what I had planned, actually, but just fluffing them into some sort of Mechanicus force

>Why not make up a third staple Skitarii type to complement Vanguard and Rangers? Rangers are scouts and artefact-finders, Vanguard march on discovered threats and artefacts in force. These guys could be rapid-strike Skitarii to act as first responders flagged down by Rangers before the Vanguard and war machines grind in.

That is fucking awesome, and I love the names - Velites and Hastati, I'll have to decide what is what, haha.

>>52243106
Thank you, Anon.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.