[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Marine Psychology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: O6gm237.jpg (13KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
O6gm237.jpg
13KB, 640x480px
Hol the fuck up

So Space Marines can feel fear, sadness, love, pity, hope, despair, hopelessness, compassion etc right but they're so brainwashed that they can't express it beyond an urge to murder fuck something in the nearest vicinity?
Is it a

>"I am sad... MUST KILL!"
>"I despair... MUST KILL!"
>"I love that guy!... MUST KILL!"

So what can break that? Are they always like this or can they actually experience fatigue over the decades and start getting weird?

Can they go insane without the influence of the Spiky Boiis?

Can love bloom? Can they fug?
>>
>>52222813

It depends on the setting
>>
>>52222813
They literally have the same Powers as the Illithid. Infact, I'm 99% sure Thoon is a Dark Mechanicus A.I vessel augmenting Illithid to find the Keeper of Secrets, who is literally a Keeper of Secrets and a being the Rakshasa worship as their Raja with proke ass arcane powers.
>>
File: 1488159100130.png (159KB, 784x469px) Image search: [Google]
1488159100130.png
159KB, 784x469px
>>52222850
>>
>So Space Marines can feel fear, sadness, love, pity, hope, despair, hopelessness, compassion etc right but they're so brainwashed that they can't express it beyond an urge to murder fuck something in the nearest vicinity?

No.
>>
>>52222959
Uh, all the dramatization (games, novels etc) of spess muhrines definitely show they have emotions.
>>
>>52222813
No you dip shit, thats not how marines work at all
try actually knowing the fluff befoire posting you retard
>>
File: 1488820773710.jpg (38KB, 216x378px) Image search: [Google]
1488820773710.jpg
38KB, 216x378px
>>52223036
So how the hell does it work that's what I'm trying to figure out
>>
>>52222813
They can only fuck each other, anyone else would be destroyed by the encounter.
>>
>>52222813
You're a retard
>>
>>52222850
/thread/
>>
They can feel emotions but not fear. They understand them but don't act on them unless it is logical. They realize they are human but better than so while they are above humans they strive to help them for the most part. It may not always seem like it. Ie ignoring a planets plight but it might be because they are stopping a greater threat
>>
>>52223070
okay
so you take a 13 year old
You pump him full of magic gene seed
you train him to be a warrior, depending on the chapter/legion
you send him to fight gods and deamons
nothing here says they are all MINA BURN KILL
apart from world eater. Becuase they are crazy

understand?
>>
>>52223535
I was mostly memeimg in the sense that from my limited understand they always divert what emotions they have towards their task at hand and ignore them?
>>
>>52223569
Depends on the legion
>>
File: hihiha.jpg (16KB, 280x270px) Image search: [Google]
hihiha.jpg
16KB, 280x270px
>>52223535

>so you take a 13 year old
>You pump him full of magic gene seed
>>
>>52223617
All those comparisons to the catholic church in space are finally making sense...
>>
Pre-heresy marines were much more human in terms of emotions. After the heresy they ramped up the psycho-conditioning to a 11, so current marines are basically autistic space monks
>>
File: 234456928.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
234456928.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>52224372
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.