[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 40

File: unspecified.jpg (134KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified.jpg
134KB, 1024x768px
Chinaman edition
>Playing?
>Hating?
>Favorite shitbrew to stomp?
>Post your irl decks too faggots
>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern
>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com
>>
Thoughts on unbanning Dig Through Time? I think it'd be a good way to give blue decks some power without fueling degenerate shit
>>
>>52212349
nah man. DTT is restricted in vintage for a reason. The card is busted as all hell. Blue does need some help, I'd like to see more control in the, meta but DTT is too powerful.
>>
>>52212349
Puts Scapeshift back to tier 1
>>
>>52212349
Honestly it's fine in my opinion. I'd rather use my yard for snap, goyf or delving real threats. Seems decent in control but I don't think I'd concede to a dig or be all too butt flustered
>>
>>52212210
>Chinaman edition

Already off to a great start.

>Playing?
Bant Spirits
>Hating?
The usual suspect- Tron.
>Favorite shitbrew to stomp?
Snow Red, anything with Blood Moon really
>>
>>52212550
>Snow Red
It's called Skred you sjw cuck

>implying greedy spirits doesn't get blown out by a moon
>>
File: okay.jpg (19KB, 480x246px) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
19KB, 480x246px
>>52212580
>>
what's the best way to play BUG in modern? I want to try BUG Chord-Evo but the 4 drops in BUG seem so lackluster compared to Rhino
>>
>>52213162
Rhino is lacklustre. Play kalitas
>>
Price of Progress gets printed in a Modern legal set. How does this effect the meta?
>>
>>52213772
Everyone plays burn or mono coloured decks. The format dies because of it
>>
Just started to get into magic playing maybe 4-5 matches total with some friends.
>babbies first
>fucking casual
>lrn2play
>etc
Any kind anon want to clarify or explain how this should have worked in one of games?
>playing enchantment prison
>against affinity
>slow game down enought where I'm not just dead
>7 to attack me cause of ghostly prison, sphere of safety etc
>thinking I'm pretty close to locking my friend down
>plays etched champion with protection active
>at first both not sure if he still needed to pay to attack
>after some Google see something about etched not being effected by stony silence
>still unsure but friend has played for years and says because it has protection from all colors doesn't need to pay, okay..
>proceed to lose
Thinking about it now stony silence shouldn't have affect the champion anyways since it's a static ability, but how does the static ability of my enchantments work in this case? They aren't directly targeting or enchanting the champion..
Should I just view my enchantments as an extra set of rules until the get removed? Sorry for wall of text
>>
>>52213798
he still has to pay your friend is a little bitch
>>
>>52212349
Dtt can be unbanned if they band SSG. Pushed Ad Nauseam too far over the top
>>
>>52213798
I remember when I first got into modern and played affinity my friend who played the game longer would pull the same bullshit so he could win.

>Would block etched champion with Boros Reckoner.
>>
>>52213798
Your friend is a fucking faggot and cheated you out of a win. Protection does not guard against global and/or non-targeted effects. Ghostly Prison doesn't even directly interact with creatures anyways, so he was really abusing your lack of game knowledge there.

Read this and don't let it happen again: http://mtg.gamepedia.com/Protection
>>
>>52213798
Stony Silence doesn't effect it because it doesn't have any activated abilities to stop. Based on what you said, your friend knew 100% that he was cheating, and you should probably both call him out on it, and stop playing with him if possible.
>>
>>52213798
The basic summary of Protection is "This can't be blocked, targeted, dealt damage, or enchanted by anything." Ghostly Prison reads "Creatures can't attack you unless their controller pays 2 for each creature he or she controls that's attacking you."

Notice that it doesn't actually meet any of the conditions for Protection to take effect. It isn't targeting the creature, it isn't dealing damage to it, and the enchantment isn't enchanting it. It's obviously also not blocking the creature.

The short of it is, as other anons have pointed out, your friend is a cunt and a cheater, and you should absolutely not take his word on ANYTHING ambiguous about the rules, ever again.
>>
>>52213798
Any effect that does not directly target a creature with protection like Wrath Of God as an example completly ignored the protection since it protects from direct interaction with the creature aka stuff that says target.

Stuff like target player has to sacrafice X also ignore protection on creature since the effect does not directly affect the creature.

TL;DR your friend is a cunt and got a free win due to your lack of knowledge.
>>
>>52212349
blue is already too op in legacy, specially u/b with tasigur
>>
Wew! Chinaman!
>>
In modern I play obliterator rock.
In legacy I play manaless dredge and high tide.
>>
>>52214336
Wow. How can you be so wrong?
>>
>>52214412
People come into this thread and say shit that's not true all the time, how is this a surprise?
>>
>>52214503
You're fucking autistic
>>
>>52214684
No u
>>
I'm not sure I understand Delver decks. It looks like Burn with a side of Blue, namely blue creatures, plus a third color tossed in. So RUx Burn essentially.

Is the appeal that it brings a way to deal with big creatures, which Burn (e.g. Naya) generally does not have access to? Which would make the deck slower but able to win longer games?

There's got to be more to the appeal of Delver than that. The changes seem so surface level. Delver over Goblin Guide, Snappy instead of Bolts 5-8, etc.
What am I missing here?
>>
File: 63010794.jpg (96KB, 848x444px) Image search: [Google]
63010794.jpg
96KB, 848x444px
>>52213851
>Ad Nauseum would only be fair of you ban the mana requured to cast the win condition
>>
>>52214757
Delver generally has some kind of tempo like remand or other ways to gain advantage while applying pressure. Delver is obviously an aggro deck but it's much more flexible than Burn and doesn't roll over and die to sideboard hate as hard.
>>
>>52214792
Play a deck that isn't degenerate or live with the possibility that it gets banned, it's your call
>>
>>52214792
>What is Lotus Bloom
>What is Pentad Prism
>What is Gemstone Mine
>What is City of Brass
>>
>>52214838
Potential ban candidates.
>>
>>52214838
Which of those generates mana when your tapped out and your life total is negative?
>>
>>52214879
I'm really not sure how to respond to such a stupid post, so just have a reaction image instead.
>>
>>52214917
4chan in a nutshell
>>
>>52214378
Odd.

In modern I play tron and burn. In legacy I play Manaless dredge and MUD stax. What does that say about you?
>>
>>52214906
Why would you cast add nauseam with no way to cast lightning storm?
>>
>>52214822
How the fuck is Ad Nauseum a problem deck? Just remand that shit

T. Tron player

remember kids;

No changes to any format
>>
>>52215037
Thats what the SSGs are for
>>
>>52215092
Fuck SSG, card deserves to be banned
>>
>>52215092
Stop replying to the bait
>>
File: wellthen.png (57KB, 139x150px) Image search: [Google]
wellthen.png
57KB, 139x150px
>Build Bant Eldrazi as my first modern deck about a year ago
>No matter how much I improve, my FNM record is consistently 2-2 every week
>Switch to Tron a few months later out of frustration
>Either go 4-0 or 0-4 every time
I don't know which is worse.
>>
>>52215062
Tron ban now!
>>
Personally, I'd be fine with an SSG ban because it would make the card much more affordable.
>>
>>52215197
>i'm too poor to afford a cheap card so it should be banned
kys
>>
>>52215184
I bet you bitch about blood moon, too. Faggot

that was mean, anon. I apologize
>>
>>52215238
Hey man, it spiked to 11.50 a few days ago. That's more than some planeswalkers.
>>
>>52215238
Seriously. Who doesn't have 20 bucks to spend on a hobby
>>
>>52215280
How many of those see competitive play?
>>
>>52215309
The 4-drop Sorins are pretty good in BW tokens, if that counts as "competitive."
>>
>>52215062
Pact of negation, moron
>>
File: 1461523893177.jpg (2KB, 125x117px) Image search: [Google]
1461523893177.jpg
2KB, 125x117px
Is there anyone here who constantly practices on xmage?
>>
>>52215280
>more than some planeswalkers
Wow a completely useless metric to evaluate a cards price and worth. Pro tip: SSG actually sees play in a decent amount of decks as opposed to most of the garbage walkers that get printed.

>11.50
That was just an attempted price spike since he isn't being reprinted and those always backfire on the jew since you can't artificially create demand. We've seen this happen with stuff like the moat and LED buyouts. He's 8 bucks now and that's perfectly reasonable for a card that's key in a few strategies and was printed in planar chaos.

If you seriously can't afford a playset of mana monkey you should probably consider a new format to play desu. I hear pauper is pretty cheap.
>>
>Playing
Naya burn
>Hating
That there's no burn spell with delve
>Favorite shitbrew to stomp
Does grixis control count? Because that's EZPZ
Any tooth and nail players here? I want to build it but it seems like all the ramp dudes die to all the removal and eternal witness can only put in so much work getting them back. Help?
>>
>>52215483
>I hear pauper is pretty cheap.
But that's what I want SSG for. It would give me more mana to dump Burn with, same as Infernal Plunge.
Otherwise, what kind of logic would it be, to ask for a card ban in order to see a price drop? Price doesn't matter if you can't play it, but Pauper is immune to bans.
>>
>>52215533
It suffers from a lot of the same problems all ramp decks face in that it is full of air but if your meta isn't full of discard I'd say go for it
>>
File: AhhhhAhhhhAhhh.png (111KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
AhhhhAhhhhAhhh.png
111KB, 330x330px
I just bought the Nissa vs. Ob Nixilis Duel Decks to play with someone who just started to play MtG. My Ob Nixilis Deck seems way stronger, how do I buff up the Nissa Deck a bit with a couple cheap cards.
>>
>>52215446
I do but I'd rather not play with tg autists
>>
>>52215555
>but Pauper is immune to bans.
Except when cards get banned??? Idiot
>>
>>52215555
>ssg in burn
Top retard, wasted quads

>pauper is immune to bans
>cloud of faeries
>cranial plating
>drake
>invigorate
etc
>>
>>52215598
>>52215599
Nothing in Pauper gets banned, except what deserves it. Excuse me.

The same cannot be said for Modern.
>>
File: Bossofthisthread.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bossofthisthread.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>52215576
Hey buddy you got the wrong thread, Kitchen table thread is two blocks down.
>>
File: 7vGl8X3.jpg (32KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
7vGl8X3.jpg
32KB, 480x640px
would you guys be interested in a discord server for mtg?
>>
>>52215634
No. Never.
>>
>>52215599
>T1, mountain and SSG, suspend two Rift Bolts

Hold on. This might be some super spicy tech we're talking about.
>>
>>52215615
Nothing deserved the ban except drake desu. The format would be fine with plating and invigorate
>>
>>52215634
No.
Now, Mumble, that would be fine. Open-source, good text-to-speech, but the emphasis is still on voice communications. Voice comms are the best and only way to keep it from becoming an awful circlejerk, because it allows the trannies, foreigners, children, and aspies to be identified and mocked as soon as they open their mouths.
>>
>>52215646
First of all he's talking about pauper burn, second of all hurting burn's redundancy is retarded not some "super secret spicy tech"
>>
File: tfw_to_intelligent.jpg (112KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
tfw_to_intelligent.jpg
112KB, 764x551px
>>52215646
T1 ssg, ssg, manamorphose filter double blue (draw card), quicken (draw card), serum visions (draw card) scry 2
Holy shit. Can burn finally splash blue for more gas????
>>
>>52215679
are you seriously expecting to find someone who isnt one of those things on 4chan
>>
>>52215634
No. Who would ever want to talk to anyone in this thread?
>>
>>52215703
The bitter old men who have sold out of MtG three times and only own Unhinged cards, but insist on lurking at the LGS during FNM certainly has some sort of presence on /tg/.
They're too post-ironic not to.
>>
>>52215721
me I'd love to have a 4chan discord server dedicated to mtg but the cons are that if it catches up it probably kills the thread and people get identities so it can also become a circlejerk

>>52215734
don't those just fall under the aspies category
>>
>>52215721
This. I hate every one of you.
>>
>>52215686
>T1 ornithopter, ssg, ssg, infernal plunge, kuldotha rebirth, goblin grenade, goblin grenade, goblin grenade
>still has one untapped mountain and three ssgs left in the deck

playing on the draw, that could be a T1 win if the opponent was playing DSJ.
>>
>>52215661
>Implying Cloud of Faeries wasn't busted as fuck

How Delver has dodged the banhammer is beyond me, though.
>>
>>52215585
there are some real autists on xmage but personally, i'm probably already one of the nicest people on there and i'm not even particularly friendly or anything

i just never bitch or complain or even really say anything unless I need to
>>
File: 1489371111932.jpg (7KB, 261x191px) Image search: [Google]
1489371111932.jpg
7KB, 261x191px
>>52215797
>T1 ornithopter, ssg, ssg,
> three ssgs left in the deck
>>
>>52215814
Dude, Peregrine Drake dodged the banhammer.
>>
>>52215686
Cycling is not gas unless the card being cycled is doing something else relevant at the same time. See: Remand, Electrolyze, Cryptic Command.
>>
>>52215533
>Delve Bolt

Are you trying to seduce me?
>>
>>52215890
No it didn't, it's on the ban list right now.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/formats/pauper
>>
>>52215908
>Cucked Bolt
>4R
>Instant
>Delve
>3 damage to target creature or player
There you go.
>>
>>52215933
Yeah it's on there now, but it did dodge the banhammer it was supposed to be banned in. Then they backpedalled and emergency banned it a week later.
>>
>>52212580
>not running several basics and fetching for basics when against red
>not mainboarding 1x engineered explosives
>not holding queller t2 or t3 for cheeky red fags
ishyggidydiggidydoo

>>52212550
What tech do you use for Tron? I'd board in Ceremonious Rejections but that reduces my creature density for CoCo. So far I have 2x Gaddock Teeg and Stony Silences to stop their eggs/o-stones
>>
>>52215939
I'd take it
>>
Counterspell is made modern legal. How does this effect the meta?
>>
>>52215939
More mana more damage and then we have a spell desu

XRR
Instant
delve
Deal X damage
>>
>>52216036
It doesn't effect the meta, it affects it
>>
>>52215939
Better than Lava Spike, honestly.
>>
>>52216040
Holy fuck dud that would be broken as fuck
>>
>>52216040
You want to print a Harvest Pyre that goes face? Do you have any idea how retarded you are?
>>
>>52216036
Endless complaining about Blue, while the Blue players wordlessly slot it into their deck. Things proceed as normal and Blue remains to be bad.

But, because Blue just had a major "buff," WotC can justify not printing/unbanning anything else good for another two years.
>>
>>52216059
It's ok since it costs double red as opposed to harvest pyres 1R :^)
>>
>>52215939
I'd like to see something like

XXR
Deals X damage to target creature or player
Delve
>>
>>52216179
Still broken. My delver deck can turn 2 a mandrills. Given a few more turns and I'm doing some serious game ending damage
>>
>>52216179
Empty the Pits is XXBBBB and doesn't hit face. It's a garbage Standard card, but it does add perspective.
>>
>>52215939
Print an enchantment that gives your cards delve. Make it a 10 drop with 2 green or black and give THAT card delve.
>>
>>52216179
I think the XX makes it to costly desu.

I'm totally not a burn player guys

How about
XRGW
Delve
Target opponent gains 2 life, deal X damage to both players.
>>
Bant tooth and nail is the spicy new kid on the block. Wargate is the real deal
>>
>>52216282
XX with Delve is fine. I can get a half dozen cards into the graveyard no trouble, at which point, XXR becomes "exile six cards from graveyard. Bolt."

If I can get a dozen cards in, now we're talking six damage. There's probably a way to do that or more if focused on.
XXR can work in a typical burn deck. It could work in a special build that maximizes the spell. It cannot be crammed into any deck. These are all positive traits that point to the card being a potential boon to the format, without too much risk of breaking it.
>>
>>52216074
>more complaining about blue
It's just vague whining about card draw, counterspells and exiling (Even though that's white's thing but whatever). No format specific shit, just the assumption that blue is on FoW + Recall levels of power, that Draw-Go is somehow worse than "Creature, swing, go" and that every blue creature has is Snappy or Delver level of power. Just eternal salt because a control player played control. Every anti-blue post is just salty as fuck.

The real bitch is that if blue flat out didn't exist, black would take the brunt of the scrub bitching next. It would go from counterspells to "Waaaah discard is OP guys, black players are fucking skill-less, discard is just broken." From whining about card draw to whining about how OP tutors are. From whining about control to whining about "uninteractive" combo decks.
>>
>>52216418
Back in your corner Blueboy. Modern is the format for Fun.
>>
>>52215797
If your opponent was DSJ on the play they'd take your ornithopter or kuldotha rebirth and you instantly lose
>>
>>52216432
>Tron
>RW Prison
>Eldrazi
>Lantern
>Goldfish Combo decks
Yeah, "fun"
>>
>>52216478
>Not finding any of those decks fun
Shit taste desu
>>
>>52216478
I bet you're a fish player. Gross.
>>
>>52216493
>Thinking any of those decks are healthy or deserve to be in the format
Shit taste desu
>>
>>52216418
Bluefags are the only ones complaining.
>>
>>52216478
All of these lose to Jund/Junk, or have a reasonable match up.

Play a real deck, loser.
>>
File: ccXSLsj1.jpg (7KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
ccXSLsj1.jpg
7KB, 240x240px
>people in this thread literally argue about what other people enjoy, and then tell them not to enjoy it
>>
>>52216504
>deserve to be in the format
Entitled faggot.
>>
File: pls.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
pls.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>52216520
>Tron losing to Jund
>>
>>52216478
>Ponza still gets to be fun despite T2 Acid Moss, T3 Blood Moon Stone Rain, T4 vomit fatties, and can rip a Bonfire at any time
n_n
>>
>>52216520
Lmao not even him but you're an idiot.
>>
>>52216520
>Eldrazi
>Prison
>Tron
>Valakut Decks
>Losing to BGx
I fucking wish

>>52216532
>P-p-p-please don't b-ban muh d-d-degenerate cards! How will I win if my opponent can play the game?
kys
>>
>>52216524
Did you forget where you are? /tg/ HATES everything you like. Your fun is BAD and you should feel BAD.
>>
>>52216543
>tfw pongify an inferno Titan then snap pongify the next one
3/3 is tiny next to my goyfs
>>
>>52216478
>lantern
>goldfish combo deck
interdasting
>>
>>52216555
People on /tg/ think that fun is zero sum and they won't have any if their opponent could possibly be enjoying themselves even a little bit.
>>
whats the best way to build a deck with Knight of the Reliquary and Renegade Rallier? Revolt Zoo or a lot of Landfall creatures? any lists you have?
>>
>>52216554
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>52212580
>Someone calls a deck something wrong
>automatically an sjw cuck

kys fagt
>>
>>52216593
Just scrolling through to see how many ebin kys replies you can dish out?
Real fucking great contribution
>>
>>52216578
Retreat to Coralheim.
>>
Why don't blue players allow other people to have fun?
>>
>>52216641
How is it any different than Thoughtseize? Or just terminating my creature?
It isn't.
>>
>>52216641
There are plenty of other players who don't allow other people to have fun, it's unfair to pin it all on blue players
>>
>>52216641
t. timmy
>>
File: 1485234760369.jpg (774KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485234760369.jpg
774KB, 1080x1080px
Is there a good non-linear control deck in the format? I'm tired of playing Creatures: The Gathering.
>>
>>52216664
>Non-linear
I think you should probably tell us what you think this means so you can't move the goal posts when we make suggestions
>>
>>52216664
Control is a dumb archetype. At least play tempo so you have a clock and don't auto fold to big mana decks
>>
>>52216648
Thoughtseize doesn't stop me from playing creatures: the tappening.
Terminate is a tempo loss if it hits a mana dork, and can't hit Utopia Sprawl.

Should have said Abrupt Decay, bluebaby.

>>52216663
>1/3rd of the playerbase has wrong-bad-fun
Wew.
There is nothing wrong with liking big numbers (except CMC), but there is something wrong with playing a game specifically to kill any and all types of fun.
>>
>>52216668
Idk, something that isn't like Lantern Control where you just assemble your pieces and lock the opponent out that way.
>>
>>52216648
>discard and counterspells are the same.
Someone doesn't understand tempo.
>>
File: 1487909504594.png (356KB, 599x510px) Image search: [Google]
1487909504594.png
356KB, 599x510px
>>52216685
Timmy detected if you cant handle blue in modern now please leave modern isnt for you.
>>
>>52216685
fun is subjective and just because counterspells, removal and CA hurt your feelings that doesn't mean the archetype should be as bad as it is right now. I'm not saying we need old school draw-go, one wincon in the deck level of control, but anything is better than what control has right now.
>>
>>52216725
Someone doesn't understand context
Fuck off weeb loser
>>
>>52216685
>calls anon a baby
>whilst literally crying about blue
>>
>>52216706
>lantern is linear now
I swear to god these threads always have the best shit

>opal is vintage level
>kithkin tribal
>Lantern is linear

I don't think I've gone though one of these threads without laughing at some retarded meme shit that get's posted here
>>
>>52216728
>Timmy detected
You act like I was hiding it. You're not as smart as you think you are. Common problem for blue players.

Also, this is not about blue being good. This is about blue being laughably bad, and blue players continually crying because they can't win with good cards, but must rely on "pure skill," which is always a hilarious, fedora-tier argument.
Keeping blue down is great, and healthy for the format.
>>52216729
Fun is not subjective. There are specific things that generate fun. Generating fun by removing fun is schadenfreude, and this implies very negative, unhealthy things about people who spend money to generate this feeling.
It's basically paying to engage in tortureporn.

Also, Lantern Control is fine.

>>52216760
crying about blue would be demanding that Remand gets banned.
Please.
>>
>>52216768
I'm glad you can laugh at it. My blood just boils here
>>
>>52216768
What isn't linear about "Dig as fast as I can to find my lock pieces or die?"
>>
>>52216779
Those goalposts moved so much, can you even see them anymore?
>>
>>52216797
Hey man, at least give me something better than a formulaic response. I'm making an argument, at least do me the common courtesy of reading it.
>>
>>52216828
Nah, you're just screeching about blue. This is the most you get
>>
>>52216779
>fun is not subjective
Stopped reading there kys timmy
>>
>>52216845
Cool.

But real talk: spikes are the only good part of the playerbase.
>>
>>52216664
No there isn't you stupid faggot how do you not know this
>>
Has anyone tried playing no-banlist modern? It's actually fun as fuck and so blatantly better than real modern that it makes me angry at the game.
>>
>>52216794
>dig for my lock pieces of die
>i have literally have never played lantern control the post
>>
>>52216876
>mental misstep, artifact lands and skullclamp
No thanks
>>
>>52216887
Great rebuttal. I loved all the points you made
>>
>>52216855
Nah.
If fun were subjective, we would have fun doing anything. That we have fun through certain, specific activities (liking winning), we must declare fun as an absolute quality, created by defined circumstances.

Fun and enjoyment are similar terms. Excuse me if I substitute them to simplify my grammar.

The entertainment industry as a whole, which MtG is part of, is based on the idea of manufacturing enjoyment. To manufacture, the processes or events that create fun must be understood. Again, this would not be possible, and the industry would not be so financially secure, if enjoyment were subjective.

At both the abstract and specific level, fun is objective.
>>
>>52216899
You just want someone to tell you how lantern works don't you?

Just ask your next opponent what his cards do. It's not too embarrassing, there are thousands of new players each week at FNM.
>>
>>52216893
But you can cast Mental Misstep on the Skullclamp!
>>
>>52216940
Keep dodging though
>>
>>52216940
How do you possibly win if you can;t set up a lock? Literally any deck that can apply pressure will crush you while you're floundering trying to find your ensnaring bridge.
>>
>>52216974
>>52216975
You guys go to FNM, right?

I can't help you if you don't.
>>
>>52216413
Why does Burn need more cards?
>>
>>52217002
You can't help anyone if you don't even know how the deck functions, fucko
>>
>>52217005
Burn always needs more cards. I do not yet have a deck of 20 lands and 40 bolts.
>>
>>52217005
Burn needs to be tier 0 in order for the format to be good ;^)
>>
>>52217015
Well, I know that Lantern isn't an auto-pilot deck, and my opponents all probably don't read my cards because they know what they do. So, I don't know what to tell you.

Having five second turns is fun and coming home with two packs every week is also fun.
>>
>>52217067
Lantern absolutely is an auto pilot deck, anyone who is brain dead can pilot this deck.
>Do I have lock pieces?
>Yes - cast them as quickly as possible
>No - cast ancient stirrings/mill myself until I find a bridge
>Lock my opponent out of their draw and attack steps
It really is that simple. The game tends to become easier for you when you eliminate two large portions of it for your opponent.
>>
>>52216729
>old school draw go
You know, funny thing about that. The old-school ones that we think of are from when Tempest was Standard legal. You know, 1 wincon, library manipulation, countering, etc.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/avalanche-card-advantage-2003-03-21
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/buelher-deck-2002-08-16
>He "lucked" into it by being the first player in the standings not playing mono-red, mono-white, or Survival of the Fittest/Recurring Nightmare.
In other words, he had the best control deck by virtue of the rest of the top 8 that year being 3 decks, 2 of which were aggro and one was a combo. Real dominant deck, there.

>>52216920
>If fun were subjective, we would have fun doing anything.
That's true though. I have fun rock climbing. I had fun watching The Room, even though that's an objectively bad movie on every front. People have fun watching the big bang theory, when I can't stand it. People have fun playing unmodded Skyrim. People have fun snorting coke and shooting heroin. I have fun watching wrestling. Fun is subjective, which is why it can't be used an argument for the criticism of something.

You are fucking retarded, and you're just being goalpost moving bitch. Get good at fucking life goddamn.
>>
>>52216899
There's really no point in replying to a post that retarded but in case you're serious I'll break it down for you.

Lantern plays different each game you play especially depending on the deck you're playing against. Yes, you have some matchups where you would want to "dig" (deck only plays 4 ancient stirrings guy and self mill is almost always wrong unless you have lantern or ruins.) for something like ensnaring bridge to take the pressure off. Other matchups you would want to establish the fateseal early or hit your opponent with discard etc. This doesn't even mention the fact the deck can play drastically different depending on what your draw is like.

Compare it to something actually linear, like burn. Burn's objective is to lower your life total to 0 and usually do so quickly, to accomplish this they play lots of burn spells and make the deck fairly redundant. The path to victory to 99% of burn games is to throw bolts at face.

Now consider lantern, the endgame is to establish a lock and either mill your opponent out or use an alt wincon to win but unlike burn the way to achieve this is different for every game you play and can even be different in the same matchup depending on how the board develops.

>inb4 arbitration

>>52217089
you've never played lantern and you aren't supposed to blind mill 95% of the time. Thanks for showing you know nothing about the deck.
>>
>>52217089
Anon, if you're not going to take this seriously, why bother replying?
If you just simplify what my deck does, what are you trying to accomplish? Back when I played Burn, people told me all the time it was a "dumb no-skill deck," but we both know that's false.
>>
>>52217089
Not him, but first of all, you're fucktarded.
Second, every deck can be booked down to it's simplest terms.

>Bolt face
>Beat w/ Goyf
>Count to 10 infect
>Slam Karn
>Cast Elves
>Counter everything and Rev for 15
>Windmill slam Kithkin
>>
>>52217109
*arbitrary definition
>>
>>52216876
>hurr durr im retarded
>>
>>52217107
I have not changed my position, that paying to generate schadenfreude is a very dark, negative type of fun that should be discouraged.

Please consider the reasons that I am posting what I post, before replying.
>>
>>52217201
>you're only allowed to have my specific brand of fun
>fun is objective though
It's like arguing with a jew
>>
>>52217125
how do you trivialize other decks /tg/?
>>
>>52217224
Anon, "paying to generate schadenfreude" can be restated as "paying to cause suffering, which I enjoy watching." The key part is that "paying" is objective causation.

There's nothing jewish to be had in pointing out that this isn't the type of fun that should be encouraged. It doesn't lead anywhere good.
>>
>>52217248
Make fun of them for their lands, then mock the Ponza player because he drew a hand full of Stone Rains and no ramp.
>>
>>52217271
>there are people ITT that don't use ABUR basics
>he uses full art lands
>>
>>52217248
I'll work on a list and report in the morning.
>>
>>52217294
>all the cool kids play snow covered basics
>>
>>52217308
>cool kids
More like hipster faggots snowfags are even worse than the full arters. Non-English basic lands are the most patrician.
>>
>>52217125
you missed

>empty your hand turn 1
>play temples and cast eldrazi
>play primeval titan and fetch valakut
>count to 20
>>
What about my fake basic lands? Are they patrician?

How much does irony count for in this anyway?
>>
>>52217294
am i the only one who thinks abur lands are fugly? I rather have pretty much anything else tbqh
>>
>>52217342
No I agree. They look like garbage
>>
Thinking of buying a playset of each dual land from the chinaman. Any bros can give me advice?
>>
>not using lands from a set that specifically fits your decks theme
>>
>>52217319
I use french/spanish basics in my Pauper decks. It's a poor format and we need to go poorer.
>>
>>52217384
>not just using the most aesthetic lands
>>
>>52217256
First, you say fun is objective, then you point out that some kinds of fun are badwrong, and you're endlessly redefining what you what you mean. All because you don't like control and somehow think it's torture porn. No one in their right mind would reasonably jump to conflating control with torture porn. Then you keep saying that it's very dark and negative and "won't lead anywhere good", like it's a moral imperative to stop people from playing control. That's fucking retarded.

>>52217379
Only in casual, or EDH play. Chinamen quality isn't what it used to be. Anyone with duals can pick them out, easily. Then again, ABUR were printed fairly shittily , the cards look like shit and no one outside of turbo-sperg rulesharks will call you out on them. It's also really rare to find Legacy locals or tournies, so you'll be fine.
>>
>>52216524
Literally
>>
>>52216613
>Calling people sjw cuck
>thinking you're not fag that deserves to die
Pick one
>>
>>52217416
Those are all the points I've been making, yes. Glad to see I'm not being misunderstood entirely, although you seem to think my conclusions are outlandish, while your phrasing implies that you are uncertain you're reading my posts correctly.

I assure you, you're correct on all accounts (except for the third and final sentence), but I'm not sure why you haven't accepted my points. They've all been laid out and you've been reading them correctly. What's so surprising about it?
>>
File: Forest248.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Forest248.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>52217294
I run original Zendikar full arts in my Bant Eldrazi deck because they're pretty and on-flavor. Is that acceptable?
>>
>>52217456
Fags don't deserve death you fascist. Please stop bullying my treefolk deck with your removal.
>>
>>52217480
>full art lands
Into the trash it goes

desu should be bfz since all of the memedrazi in the deck are new ones aren't they?
>>
File: IMG_0112.jpg (103KB, 900x867px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0112.jpg
103KB, 900x867px
Hey guys, I want to build a meme Sultai Delve Deaths shadow deck, with eldritch evolution to grab a griselbrand, it seems pretty fun. So I'm thinking like 19 lands, 4 deaths shadow, 4 mandrills, 2/2 tasigur/angler, 4 street wraith, evolution, griselbrand, some draw spells, some discard, some kill. The question is, if something gets banned from deaths shadow, what is it?
>>
>>52217501
There's not much to ban from death's shadow.
All the lose-life effects are fair, or close enough and printed on a staple, like lands.

If the death's shadow menace continues despite meta shifts to punish it, the best thing WotC could do would be to print/reprint additional ways to punish it.
>>
>>52217465
>we need to stop people from playing control because it's evil and wrong and leads to a dark place
>control players need to be protected from themselves and others ;^)
>they're all just sadistic psychos ;^)
>why don't people agree with me?
>>
File: plains_zen_johnavon.jpg (21KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
plains_zen_johnavon.jpg
21KB, 200x285px
>>52217499
Probably, but I like the art on the original Zendikar basics better and it's still the right plane anyway

and I'm a massive autist who can't stand the new border for the BFZ full arts
>>
>>52217480

M̨̲̖͔̺̙̩y̝̘̣ ̣͓̝̟Ẹ͍̯̦l̜d͍̩̬̫͖r̷͚̫͚͎i̼͖z̲͓̲̝̼̕ẓ͇̞̠̞l̠̺e͚̩̣͙̣̥̘

I use the same full art forests in my eldrazi deck. I love the bright yellow and the tiny dude being utterly dwarfed by the massive beings around him.
>>
>>52217536
So if anything they ban shadow itself? Which would make the whole deck trash?
>>
>>52217501
>>52217536
Mishra's Bauble would be most likely. Streetwraith could work, slowing the deck down, but I'd be baffled if they felt the need to ban it.
>>
>>52217563
Right? Normally I'm a sucker for John Avon's lands but that forest in particular is just too good to not use.
>>
>>52217584
They only take DS if it's that much of a nuisance. MaRo did say that they've been looking into making removal great again, to balance out how strong creatures are. DS is just a big dumb beater when shit comes down to it. It would be like banning Tarmogoyf
>>
>>52216664
No. There is no control in modern. Just fast aggro, fast combo, and aggro with removal.
>>
File: 1489271990176.png (168KB, 619x508px) Image search: [Google]
1489271990176.png
168KB, 619x508px
>>52217584
I don't think they'd do that. Shadow is actually a fair card.
DSJ gets punished pretty hard by Burn, does it? That alone should keep it in check.

WotC shouldn't do anything, but we do have the April 24th announcements, so maybe hold off until then.
>>
>>52217626
I'm pretty happy with the testing, it loses some reach not running red, but having big beaters that don't die to push and decay is real nice
>>
>>52216664
play esper draw-go

from my experience you repeatedly counter/remove everything they play, draw a fuckton of cards and then win off a Sphinx's Rev or Secure the Waste for 8, beats with Celestial Colonnade or you drop big Elspeth and it's pretty much over
>>
>>52217584
The deck is pretty fair and I don't see it taking a ban. It did well at GP vancouver but you could also chalk that up to the group of people who were playing the deck too. It hasn't really raped a tournament like that since and it certainly has weaknesses so I don't really think it'll take a ban. I could be wrong though because I'm sure some fags on reddit get assblasted a new deck enters the format and does well.
>>
>>52217675
Sounds fun. Got a deck list? I did a quick search and got a bunch of lists all running wildly different things.
>>
>>52217342
I don't particularly like them either
>>
Just see this in EDH general. Thoughts lads?
>The Professor is the kind of guy that won't stop complaining to you about how his order is wrong, but just smiles and tells the waitress that everything is fine and dandy. He then proceeds to leave a bad review and tell everyone not to go to that restaurant. Fucking loser.
>>
>>52217648
You'd think that burn would be a bad match up but it's not like the all in suicide zoo deck where they tried to get as low as possible as quickly as they could.
>>
>>52217864
Who gives a shit?
>>
>>52217908
Me lad. I can't make my mind up about thing until 4chanonymous tells me how to feel.
>>
>>52217914
you should feel happy
>>
>>52217775
There's a lot of wiggle room in these, for example I run countersquall

4 Celestial Colonnade
1 Drowned Catacomb
2 Ghost Quarter
4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
3 Hallowed Fountain
2 Watery Grave
3 Island
2 Plains
1 Swamp
1 Secure the wastes
4 Path to Exile
2 Fatal Push
1 Blessed Alliance
4 Supreme Verdict
3 Countersquall
4 Cryptic Command
4 Think Twice
4 Esper Charm
2 Sphinx's Revelation
3 Snapcaster Mage
Sideboard
1 Ghost Quarter
4 Surgical Extraction
1 Fatal Push
1 Dispel
1 Spell Snare
2 Thoughtsieze
3 Stony Silence
1 Negate
1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
>>
>>52217932
This.
MtG is in a great place right now.
>>
File: Professor_approves.png (218KB, 303x301px) Image search: [Google]
Professor_approves.png
218KB, 303x301px
>>52217864
I agree generally, but I think he should have tried to incorporate the fact that he's a lonely shithead and an alcoholic into that statement as well.
https://youtu.be/ClE1rlmHSck?t=11m32s
>>
>>52217932
Thanks lad. I think I'll put the bottle away for tonight and sort some cards.
>>
File: 1489518759735.png (141KB, 389x362px) Image search: [Google]
1489518759735.png
141KB, 389x362px
>>52217981
I'm glad that $20k he gets monthly from Patreon goes towards the top shelf stuff.
>I wish I was addicted to marijuana
Top fucking LEL
>>
>>52217648
>make them discard burn spells
>only have to go to like 10 life to make Death's Shadow pretty efficient
>now you are just racing with better creatures
>>
File: Fuck_this_thread_jet.jpg (55KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck_this_thread_jet.jpg
55KB, 600x448px
>>52218006

Start your own magic channel if you're so butt-blasted, anon.

Christ, this Modern general is fucking garbage, we're discussing youtube personalities. This is some /v/-tier shit.
>>
>>52217940
Looks like a solid list. I'll proxy it up and play a few games and see how it goes. Thanks anon.
>>
>>52217981
>I like my coffee black like the bulls that fuck my wife
I always knew he was a cuck
>>
>>52218041
I only come here to shitpost, Professor Drunkard. I haven't actually played this game since $5 drafts and ante. I'm the farthest thing from analravaged.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>52217981
He probably masturbates to screen grabs of pic related's titcow fiance.
>>
Ensoul Artifact still a decent 1-2 of in Affinity? Goes right through Stony Silence, but I can see the 3-for-1 from Kolaghan's Command.
>>
>>52218103
Decent in a T3 deck, maybe.
>>
>>52217401
Which would be arena promo mercadian masques
>>
Lookin' forward to Mox Opal being banned in April, that card is so degenerate.
>>
Snappy is going to go under 30 right guys?
>>
>>52218143
Should have bought 26 months ago lad.
>>
>>52218137
MANY MAGIC THE GATHERING PLAYERS ASK THE QUESTION
>>
>>52218143
No, fuck off

actually, probably yes. wait a month or two
>>
I have never once been in a Modern General but holy shit you all sound like a gaggle of bitter cunts.
>>
If anyone is dumb enough to draft MM17, if you could post what the total cash out is, that would be great.
>>
>>52218200
Aussies are getting out of school. Nothing to do about it.
>>
>>52218205
Drafted as soon as my store got the shipment. I took home $50 worth of cards.
>>
File: lazytown.png (73KB, 187x181px) Image search: [Google]
lazytown.png
73KB, 187x181px
>>52218200
That sounds like us all right!

modern general was a mistake
>>
>>52218200
It's because there are people here that are actually subscribed to Tolarian Community College and actually pay him on Patreon.
>>
>>52218219
And canadians too.
>>
>>52218137
Kithkin is the new brand of shitposting senpai step up
>>
>>52218099
Post pic of her
>>
>>52218256
Yep, sure am glad I'm done school at 9 pm..
>>
>>52218246
>being surprised that cucks browse 4chan
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>52218273
Disgusting tbqh
>>
>>52218273
https://youtu.be/u-69eq2ZwQw
>>
>>52212210

You are literally retarded if you buy real magic cards when you can buy chinamen fakes for 10th the price.
>>
File: 1488007514241.jpg (14KB, 405x447px) Image search: [Google]
1488007514241.jpg
14KB, 405x447px
>>52218320
Jesus, that fucking face
>>
>>52218320
What are maxresdefault and maxresdefault (1)?
>>
Whenever I start a tournament, I draw my first card for my opening hand for game 1 for match 1 for round 1, then I call a judge, report myself for insufficient drawing (heads turn my way), concede the match (applause begins to fill the air here), and immediately go home (people are throwing roses after me as I leave my LGS)
>>
Well, congratulations modern players, I didn't think it was possible for a format to be more unfun than this shit, but apparently Wizards lives to ruin standard, so wtf, I love modern now.

What's the best chink to buy fakes from?
>>
>>52218456
chink fakes are garbage

If you can't afford the format then fuck off
>>
@52218379

>shitposters

so the entire thread, then?
>>
>>52218465
I bet I can afford the format, thanks to some healthy competition from our Chinese allies. ;*)
>>
>>52218469
>chinamen shills and shitposters
>chinamen
>>
>>52218456
Villa Zheng. Black Lotus has better prices, but he'll Jew you and send you old, shitty product. If you have the balls, find Cardmire's new shop. The old one shut down because his printer got wise, but he found a smaller place and his inventory suffered accordingly.
>>
>>52218456

Just head to Ali Express, 75% of them are great.
>>
>>52218478
"No"
>>
>buying fakes
>when MM17 just came out
come on people
>>
>>52218361
SpongeBob 3 hours later screen and a max payne reaction image
>>
>>52218549
>my fake LotV that's curb stomped tons of people like you into 2nd place
$3
>shitty MM3 reprint
$70
Literally and figuratively fuck yourself.
>>
File: Zheng.jpg (454KB, 1836x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Zheng.jpg
454KB, 1836x2448px
>>52218549
Enjoy spending 5k on a modern deck cuck

I bought my jund deck for $25 from our ally the chinamen and it looks and feels just like the real thing.
>>
>>52218585
>>52218598
you people are going to butt rape prison when you get caught i hope its worth it
>>
>>52218598
Nigga that Goyf looks fake and glossy as fuck on God. Find that man that slid you and bop him up no trip.
>>
>>52218598
Wow that's way too shiny. Bet it feels waxy too.
>>
>>52218598
Regardless of your claims of quality, you had to have shelled out money for the cards chinaman doesn't make and they cost more than enough to total over $25.

You are a fucking retard by your own definition
>>
>>52218598
ew that looks fake af. hope you get caught u cheap cunt
>>
>>52218618
>>52218627
>>52218614
t. I spent 400 on a playset of goyfs

Stay cucked by star of david games lmao
>>
But really which Chinaman do I order from?
>>
>>52218659
YouTube, Villa Zheng. Figures the poorfag can't find easy shit himself
>>
>>52218659
None because you're paying for garbage quality and anybody who's ever seen a real copy will call you out.

Cough up or get out, if you can't support your hobby then fuck off
>>
>paying chinaman when you can just get a walmart printer for $50

????
>>
>>52217248
I generally try to take the piss out of whatever is the biggest annoyance to me. I constantly tell my friend to play a land when he's playing dredge with ghasts in the graveyard
>>
File: 1462494691599.png (66KB, 500x833px) Image search: [Google]
1462494691599.png
66KB, 500x833px
Is anyone here interested in MtG modern streams?

I only play tier 1-2 shit and I think I'm fairly interesting/insightful although I am very ugly to look at.

I don't want to be >that guy known for 4ch audience but you guys are the only people I can be myself around.
>>
File: 1477338129547.jpg (129KB, 533x533px) Image search: [Google]
1477338129547.jpg
129KB, 533x533px
>>52218931
I don';t watch streamers. Follow your dreams. You're important to someone.
>>
>>52218320
wat. who is she?
>>
>>52218598
I wish Wizards could put the Chinaman out of business by reprinting product to a sufficient degree that the formats can remain alive.

But they aren't. Or won't. Until they do, the Chinaman will be the most economical option.

Once upon a time Tarmogoyf was a $75 card off Legacy demand alone. It's never going to reach that point or lower where it needs to be; the players are too greedy and have the card pegged at at least $100 and the stores know that if they need to move copies they only have to drop the price sub-$100.

It's not fair to new players trying to enter the format needing to enter in correlation with a Masters product being released to do it at the cheapest rate. That is just the fucking stupidest situation ever for a game that can be played indoors. I understand sports equipment being cheap on the off season but these are fucking cards. Now that Modern is not a pro format the prices don't change at all in conjunction to the season.
>>
>>52218961
MTGO is > 50% of all MtG profits.
WotC literally does not care about the "threat" from chinaman.
>>
>>52218931
are you the xmage streamer that had a similar post a while back?
>>
>>52219019
MTGO is fucking retarded and everything wrong with the game today. Fuck off.
>>
>>52219036
Anon, there is the world as-is, and as it should be.
Be careful not to confuse the two.
>>
>>52219031
I think I've posted here once like a month+ ago.
Didn't really get any responses other than "magic is boring and not interesting like high-tension high-speed video games"

Which is an interesting perspective, but didn't really change my desire to be autistic about magic to an audience.
>>
>>52219059
Please don't do this to me.
>>
>>52218585
>being poor
>>
>>52219118
>has money
>doesn't play legacy
>>
>>52219078
yeah, that sounds right, I just remember you used a blazblue image or something
>>
>>52218320

>cowtits

eh I still would just for that
>>
>>52219133
>playing a dead format
>>
>>52219118
I work at McDonalds and pull home less than the average black person. I still manage to win boatloads of free product at competitive events though. Stay mad as fuck senpai.
>>
>>52219142
>calling a landwhale cowtits
>>
>>52219145
sorry you don't have a good LGS
>>
>>52219181
>being a virgin

>>52219191
Sorry you're a fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1489367528141.jpg (49KB, 552x446px) Image search: [Google]
1489367528141.jpg
49KB, 552x446px
This is by far the worst general we've had in days. DAYS!
>>
>>52219281
do your job and make it better
>>
>>52219305
This is the part where he looks down and whispers "no"
>>
What are you nerds paying for drafts? My favorite LGS is charging 40 bucks per which I thought was steep as fuck. The ARG stores around here are doing $20(!!!) drafts, and a place up the street from one is doing $30 with -much- better prize pool.

Is 40 reasonable from smaller stores? Like that just seems so high, the 30 dollar place is a much newer store with less product and everything.
>>
>>52219356
40 is normal depending on prize support
>>
>>52219356
35 here.
>>
>>52219369
t. Jew
>>
>>52219383
Should add the winner gets a box, is that normal for 35~?
>>
>>52219356
That works out to $320 per box. With zero prizes that seems fair given the store has to make some money to pay the rent.
>>
>>52219356
drafting with friends and we're splitting a box. 34 bucks according to google but i had to convert from my native currency
no prizes since we're just a group of friends.
>>
File: file.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Fake or real?
>>
>>52219133
>implying I dont play every format I feel like

just kys
>>
File: 1478707889901.png (330KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1478707889901.png
330KB, 600x450px
>>52218627
>>52218650
>>52218618
>>52218614
All these people falling for the bait
>>
>>52219460
Looks real. But you can never tell with a photo. It doesn't capture the feel, gloss, and dot print pattern. You need to hold it and have a lens in your hand.
>>
>>52219483
is that what youre gonna say when you drop the soap?
>>
>>52219460
Fake?
>>
>>52219369
>>52219383
>>52219427
>>52219458
Interesting.

I guess I should just count my blessings that I can find 20 and 30 dollar drafts with prize support. I'd love to go draft for 40 and support my favorite LGS but that is honestly just way too fucking steep.
>>
file.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>52219486
>>52219497
these are black core fakes
>>
>>52219513
Is that a good thing?
>>
>>52219513
That's nice. Would you like to talk about how they're played in modern or would you prefer to fuck off?
>>
file.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>52219534
>>52219541
Isn't this chinaman general?
>>
>>52219513
It doesn't matter if you claim they're fake (or real), if you can't hold it in your hand and see for yourself what makes it fake (or real) then knowing either way is irrelevant.

I could post pictures of my fake shit and it wouldn't matter whether I claimed they were fake. You need to put the black lines under a lens and the only way to do that is with with your own hands.

The only thing people really need to know is that the fakes are good enough. For the most part you can't tell from across the table whether or not they're fake and that's good enough to play.
>>
file.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>52219564
Yeah they look fairly decent enough that I can double sleeve them and look real legit. Perfect fit plus my 4+yr old dragon shield sleeves really masks any imperfections.
>>
New Phyrexia cards are modern or legacy?
>>
>>52219724
yes
>>
>>52219724
Yeah.
>>
>>52219724
Probe isn't allowed in Modern anymore
>>
>>52219810
Fuck Blue.
>>
>>52219810
No one cares you fucking faggot. Magic is played on the kitchen table.
>>
>>52219839
>shitting where you eat
>>
>>52219855
Joke's on you, I get all my cards from redditor donations.
>p-p-please help the poor disenfranchised masses from Brazil
>>
>>52218614
>You're going to prison for using fake cards in a card game

How fucking stupid are you?
>>
does looter scooter have any place in modern?
>>
>>52220380
It's ok as a 1 of in fairies or DnT builds, but not particularly fantastic. Looter was mostly broken in standard because all their removal was complete shit.
>>
>>52219839
Calm down
>>
>>52212210
>chinaman edition
Wew lad. This again.

>playing?
A little game I like to call 'unsleeve that shit during a judge call'.

>hating?
Anons spamming threads for chinacoins.

Pro-tip: always check the setsymbol.
>>
>>52220247
not just any prison, butt rape prison
>>
>>52218680
Or what, faggot?
You gonna start checking every card people play?
Stay cuck'd
>>
>>52213780
Everyone splashes white for a playset of hallow.
>>
>>52219672
Which one is it ?
My fake cryptics look like shit
>>
>>52215121
Tron's the kind of deck you play when you don't have faith in your ability to think through complex problems.
You just pray instead that you only go against fair matchups and you get turn 3 tron.
>>
File: 1481862555683.jpg (16KB, 415x479px) Image search: [Google]
1481862555683.jpg
16KB, 415x479px
>>52215336
>SSG makes ad nauseum unfair!!!
>no wait its pact
>>
File: 1486431690952.jpg (23KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
1486431690952.jpg
23KB, 352x395px
>>52220597
I like to pretend i'm a new player who needs to read every card.

>can I see this card?
>read it up close
>like im some fucking mole
>unsleeve it out of nowhere

When the guy protests, you'll end up getting to do a judge call either way.
>>
I got $140 of value from my box of MM17. My friend got $435 from his two boxes.

Then there's people I'm talking to pulling $70 of value from their boxes. Buying a box was a mistake, but I managed to trade everyone for my full playset if catacombs.
>>
>>52220887
If you read the reply chain, you can clearly see he is saying they have pact to counter your remand.

SSG is still clearly the busted card
>>
>tfw goldfishing Ponza
For a deck with 10 one mana ramp spells, it sure never fucking draws them.
>>
>>52221708
>ponza
>not devo

it's like you want your deck to have a chance at winning.
>cucking yourself and others with stone rains when you could be having a blast casting genesis wave and timmy creatures
>IN THE LATE FUCKIN 2017
i seriously hope dude
>>
>>52221139
Congratz on going to time still in game 1 and getting slow play warnings
>>
File: whackytaxes.png (587KB, 1006x882px) Image search: [Google]
whackytaxes.png
587KB, 1006x882px
r8/h8 these taxes

testing out sovereign, wouldn't mind moving it to the sb though. if anyone has tech share pls
>>
>>52222265
>desert
Damn son that is some next level spice right there
>>
>>52222278
I set out to, friend. I hope to find something even spicier so I can relegate the sovereign to the sideboard where it belongs.
>>
>>52222265

Could you do some stack trickery if you used fiend hunter instead of fairgrounds warden?
>>
>>52222409
Probably, I like the cost on fairgrounds too but I may do a split for added 1ofs
>>
>>52213780
Tutelage reigns supreme.
>>
>>52220674
That's a fake cryptic
>>
>>52213798
Kick your friend in the nuts. And tell him to learn to play.

You're fine cause you're new. He either cheated or is fucking terrible.
>>
>>52213798
I call playing enchantment decks meta-Magic for the very reason you mention last.

Most enchantments you'll play alter the rules of the game themselves and prevent the opponent from executing their plan. It's entirely valid to think of such things as an extra set of rules until removed.
>>
>>52215446
i use cockatrice because i like learning (and i hate people)
>>
>>52222559

If you can't learn from xmage stopping you from doing illegal shit, you either have alzheimers or some type of learning disability.
>>
Any reason not to buy Amulet? Got fed up with Affinity but still want to play solitaire. Storm is a meme.
>>
>>52222704
With the printing of Baral, Storm is probably in a better spot than it was before Probe got banned. Probe was excellent for getting Ascension online, but if you aren't running Ascension, you don't really need Probe. Also Remand is fucking baller with Baral because it loots :^)
>>
>>52222722
Yeah but being slightly better than utter shit doesn't level out at a good level. Amulet at least has placed well at a GP level.
>>
>>52222736
Because no one is playing Storm these days. Of course it won't do well. No one will play a non-tier2+ deck unless it randomly spikes at a GP like DSJ.
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.