[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sci-Fi Game Resources

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: Ship1.png (175KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ship1.png
175KB, 800x400px
I'm three sessions in to a game I'm running, not very familiar with sci fi in general, things are going great. but I'm starting to run out of ideas already.

i can't think of too many things you can do in a space/sci fi game, hell I'm having trouble making each planet more than just a biome with generic creatures.

dont get me started if the players wanted to actually explore them, id have nothing.

So could i get some resources on sci-fi tabletop stuff? quests? worlds? not so much races. i really dont want this game to bomb because I'm new.
>>
File: Marcus.png (257KB, 860x860px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus.png
257KB, 860x860px
self bump *Now with art!*
>>
File: Garland.png (340KB, 1211x1211px) Image search: [Google]
Garland.png
340KB, 1211x1211px
>>
File: Federation.png (345KB, 818x818px) Image search: [Google]
Federation.png
345KB, 818x818px
>>
File: Indrie.png (339KB, 1040x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Indrie.png
339KB, 1040x1040px
>>
File: Protheas.png (299KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
Protheas.png
299KB, 680x680px
>>
File: Protheus.png (2MB, 2254x2254px) Image search: [Google]
Protheus.png
2MB, 2254x2254px
>>
I don't have much to contribute, as I've never run a sci-fi campagn myself. But for quests, why not steal from your favorite sci-fi movies/games/books, and apply a thin disguise?

>Hey PCs, we lost contact with our colony on planet Not-LV Not-426, can you go investigate what happened to them? (Aliens, Doom)

>We need you to deliver this McGuffin to the good guys on the other side of the galaxy, while avoiding the bad guys (FTL, Rogue One)

>War with the aliens! This can go in so many directions, think about how different Starship Troopers, Mass Effect, Edge of Tomorrow and Independence Day are.
>>
So I'm guessing you have space travel, but what RPG system are you using?

How have the other three sessions been?
>>
>>52207739
I recomend than you look for Stars without numbers. It doesn't matter what system you use, some of the suplements are very good for generating stuff for your games.
http://swn.emichron.com
Here for example it's a sub sectore generator for that game, with some tweaks you have a good sand-box game in place.
>>
>>52208757
luckily i have been getting by doing that, but theres only so many mysterious signals they can really come across haha.

>>52208838
were using a custom system our group made a couple months back, its simple rules light and modifiable for most settings, sorry.

they've been fantastic, everyone is surprisingly loving it, I'm pretty sure theyre just happy not to be doing fantasy for the umpteenth time.

>>52208927
thank you very much
>>
>>52209093
You can get the pdf in the pdf share thread. Also get some traveller, it has plenty of interesting stuff.
>>
>>52207739
A greedy asteroid mining corporation has discovered some game changing secret inside an asteroid. PCs are sent to discover/steal/destroy it. Among the way they learn it's flash fossilized fungi from before the creation of their system in a universe where extraterrestrial life had not been confirmed.

The PCs are the crew of the only FTL capable ship. Through a series of automatic jumps, which they may eventually learn to control, they visit exotic civilizations and slowly learn the truth of their ship and who built it.

An Android with faulty memory and many missing limbs falls into the PC's lap. He explains he's being hunted and needs help. Each faction hunting him has a piece of the Android, and by defeating them the PCs slowly learn that the Android drifted into the system on a sublight ship. Putting the limbs back on him makes him smarter and more useful, but his memory convoluted. He's actually a demon with a glass hand scenario made to save the final crew of a civilization's failed arc as they passed away in stasis by their desperate programmer, contained within the final piece. All pieces together he can warn the PCs about the dangers that destroyed his system, but insists also that they help him complete his mission to some destination.
>>
In addition to Stars Without Numbers as suggested above, GURPS Space has a lot of stuff for creating/exploring worlds and star systems, including a process for planetary survey in case you want your players to do more searching.

Really just keep an eye out for any source book with more generic value to sci-fi roleplaying, there's a few out there that are designed to work as invention tools without necessarily being used with a given rules system.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.