[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foreign RPG Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 18

File: img000006.jpg (254KB, 985x1400px) Image search: [Google]
img000006.jpg
254KB, 985x1400px
Cool, kinda-obscure or just unknown foreign RPGs.
>>
There's double cross ( http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=6692 ) which is pretty interesting. Its like a twist on Call of Cthulhu
>>
>>52206318
I need the translation of Alshard. Badly.
I remember there was some kind of half assed fan attampt, anyone have it?
>>
File: 1481984236340.pdf (78KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1481984236340.pdf
78KB, 1x1px
>>52206881
Yea, here you go. However its so half-assed im not even sure its playable in this state.
>>
>>52206899
Thanks!
This is different from what I remember, tho. It had lots of classes (some 'secondary', rome racial) and lots more stuff like equipment and such -- more complete but even more half-assed than this.
>>
Any love for Wolsung?
>>
>>52207028
Could you explain what that one is?
>>
File: Lex Arcana Prima ed.jpg (48KB, 300x423px) Image search: [Google]
Lex Arcana Prima ed.jpg
48KB, 300x423px
>>52206318

Japanese RPGs at this point are relatively known here.

How about something from elegan/tg/entlemen own countries? I'll start.

This is oldschool (but nowdays in Italy we don't really have much good new RPGs, alas).

Lex Arcana was basically X-Files in ancient Rome.Or even XCOM/fantasy counterrorism in ancient Rome.

Well, if Rome never fall and was more or less the same of Hadrian's times in the fifth century. Now with more magic. Instituional magic, even: the augures do actually work here, and their prophecies are one of the pillars of the now multicultural empire (by multicultural I mostly means multireligious: while people still worship Diana and Juppiter because that shit actually works, you can find a friendly non-persecuted christian a your local inn, for example. And yes, HIS magic could work too.)
But here's the catch. Recently the emperor himself demonstrated to the Senate that there is an magical, or possibly even mythical menace -beyond the wisdom of the augurs themselves- is coming up, with monsters, prodigies, conspiracies. And prompted an elite military unit to seek what it is and do whatever is necessary.

Are you a bad enough dude to save the Endless Empire from the unknown?

More on the game system if you want, after the break.
>>
>>52206940
In that case i dunno. However if we do we could combine both half-assed versions and maybe end up with a 3 quarter-assed version of alshard!
>>
>>52207132
Sounds pretty sweet. What system does it have? Also i cant recognize the langauge, where is it from?
>>
>>52207169
Italy.

The text at the bottom reads roughly: "The shortest way to adventure."
>>
>>52207132
anyone ever finish translating that Polish Witcher RPG?
>>
>>52207169

It's italian. Actually, for who can read it, the base book is here, in 4 parts: https://it.scribd.com/doc/37545725/Lex-Arcana-01-Manuale-Del-Giocatore

It's been out of print for at least 15 years, so I guess no one really should give a fuck.

The system is mostly the same pre-2005 idea that every RPG used up to that time, if interestingly simplifed. You need to roll high to pass a certain level of difficulty. The highest dice rolls explode, but at the creation of the PC you can decide if you prefere to have a d10 or 2d5.
The combat is pretty much AvsB, A gets the highest number, you see the difference and that gives you a multiplier to your weapon dice; you roll that, subtract armor if present and that's the damage for the loser (shields, healing, flight and surprise attacks are there, but its very simple as you can see).
Magic hasn't real subsystems, while there are many ways of divining they work differently in fiction. No, you can't by default shoot fireballs from your eyes, but I think that's ingenious design, giving investigation a real importance during the game.

I guess for its days it's still pretty advanced, but nowdays it might be a tiny bit more on the nostalgia train, while having a HUGE advantage in that it's very nicely streamlined. A more modern system (perhaps even a simple AW or Monster of the Week hack) would be pretty hot.

On the other hand, the setting is well... you have no soul if this shit doesn't inspire you. It's relatively naive (and the myths/monsters are perhaps a tiny bit too much classical or northern, which I guess is excusable, but it doesn't really offer much variety) but a typical party could be a fucking druid form Brytannia, an engineer/architect from Egypt, an explorer from the Rheatian Alps, a Greek diplomat and a Dacian warrior.
Investigating the return of Carthage's bloody gods. With a detour in a Cyrenaica's abandoned city full of demons. And a banquet of possible witches in a patriacian's house.
>>
>>52207699
Well atleast italian is a bit easier to read/translate than japanese and its 3 different types of writing and whatnot
>>
File: arkanun.jpg (45KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
arkanun.jpg
45KB, 500x650px
I guess you guys know about Arkanun by now? It was a dark fantasy RPG published in Hueland in the 90s and early 2000s.

It had this cosmology where there are many planes superior and inferior to Earth. Inferior to Earth was the Arkanun, then the Infernun, populated by demons. Superior to Earth was Paradisia, then Eden, populated by angels.
And magic was like a thread that connected these planes. That is to say, magic used on Earth stole magical/life energy from Arkanun. Magic from Arkanun stole it from Infernun. Infernun already had nowhere else to steal it from, because the plane inferior to it had already been turned into a wasteland, so now Infernal magic consumes its own plane.
Likewise, Paradisian magic stole its power from Earth, and Eden from Paradisia.

Demons are immensely old and powerful, but they're assuredly on their way to annihilation; it might take thousands or tens of thousands of years to happen, but it can't be stopped; so their aim is to gather followers and power and eventually escape their damnation, taking their place as rulers on Earth.
Angels are also immensely powerful, but because they're on top of the food chain. They seek adoration and power in order to maintain the order in the planes as it is, to keep their place as predators and rulers of man.
In the middle of all that are humans. Most are ignorant of the forces at work, kept obediently in place by monarchs, the clergy and the teachings of their mothers and grandmothers. But a few are investigators, sorcerors, witches and witch hunters. They might be seeking to rid Earth (or, really, Europe) of demons; or to denounce the hypocrisy of the Church, or to acquire a measure of power and knowledge that will turn them from a pawn into a player in this game; or just to keep their souls and sanity intact.
It feels dated and edgy now, but when it first came out it was a success, at least in the roleplaying community. There were a fuckload of supplements, but eventually production stopped.
>>
File: DragonAndDeamons.png (3MB, 1213x1524px) Image search: [Google]
DragonAndDeamons.png
3MB, 1213x1524px
>>52206318
Sweden had, and has, a huge tabletop community stretching to the early seventies. Old favourites like Drakar och Demoner, a Hack-and-Slash with deep Swedish folkloric and mythological influences, Mutant, where you can construct any kind of super or non-superpowered mutant in a classic pulpy Post-Apoc scifi world, and Kult, a real fun modern-horror game with roots in Gnostic beliefs which recently got kickstarted for a reprint and remake by its community.

There are translations around, but I'll be damned if i can found them online somewhere. Swedish tabletop have a certain Nordic theme that's often hard to export and harder to translate.

I have the PDFs of some untranslated classic Swedish games, if anyone's keen on it. We've got great old-fantasy art in them if nothing else.
>>
>>52208564
>I have the PDFs of some untranslated classic Swedish games, if anyone's keen on it. We've got great old-fantasy art in them if nothing else.
Please share, anon! I can't read runes, but seems worth the download, even if only for the art.
>>
>>52208564
Did they license an Elric book cover for that of their RPG?
>>
File: Svavelvinter.jpg (93KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
Svavelvinter.jpg
93KB, 600x468px
>>52208645
Got no megaupload, but here's a few links:
Here's the base DOD rulebook which cover i posted.

http://www.riotminds.se/downloads/OLD/04.pdf

The entire library of classic DOD is free and available online on this site. Some books are fun, some less so.

http://riotminds.se/vara-spel/drakar-och-demoner-2016/tiden-innan-trudvang/

Sadly, the Mutant games aren't as easy to find pdfs of, but i'll link the old core rulebook and a recent addition to the series.

http://petterkatt.no-ip.org/%C3%84ventyrsspel_17/Rollspel/Mutant/Regler%20-%20Mutant/04-101%20-%20Mutant,%20regler_Gothmog.pdf

http://sgtsinger.com/ctardwiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=spel:mutant:material:regler:mutantua:mutant_ua_-_regelbok_version_2.pdf

I'll admit i have a softspot for Mutant, though it lies more in the rules and ideas than in the art. I mean, who wouldn't wanna go though Postapocalyptia as a moose with a minigun, a human who glows in the dark and is deathly allergic to mint and a leopard man who form a sect of anabaptists in Pomeralia.

And here's some Kult, which sets a mood rarely found in anything in media really. Neon lights, sixties smooth jazz and horrid monsters dwelling in Ostrobothnia, swallowing oil-tankers to sustain their unholy lives.

https://archive.org/stream/Kult_Regler_-_Grundregler_andra_utgavan_KULT_-_Doden_ar_bara_borjan_-_Andra_Utgavan_001-0600/KULT_-_Doden_ar_bara_borjan_-_Andra_Utgavan_001-0600#page/n17/mode/2up

I have no idea if these links will work for you, but do tell me if they do!

>>52208671
Holy shit, I had no idea about this. What is Elric, anyway?
>>
>>52208971
A grimdark fantasy character created by the British novelist Michael Moorcock. I suggest you look it up, it's worth your while.
>>
File: EcranT14-reduc.jpg (100KB, 500x185px) Image search: [Google]
EcranT14-reduc.jpg
100KB, 500x185px
I was thinking if there were any french canadian games that I know of tough sadly i dont know of any. However i do know of a french one!

The dungeon of Naheulbeuk is a comedic RPG which parodies AD&D and an obscure RPG i forgot the name of from norway or something. The game is sorta made for adventurers where shit hits the fan. For example it takes a similar mechanic to stat generating (3d6 in order) and then you choose your race of class whom all have different max and min stats needed. Luckily there's destiny points to raise you from death by letting the party make up a reason why you dint actually die.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ooqqwedvk0bh1el/Le_donjon_de_naheulbeuk.rar Here is a file which has all the books and stuff. (fyi its not pirating this time the game is free)
>>
File: pic579671_lg[1].jpg (178KB, 741x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pic579671_lg[1].jpg
178KB, 741x1024px
>>52206318
One day I'll find this book and play it. If possible with a bunch of theosophy majors high on weed, for a truly complete experience... One day.
>>
hey is there a translation for seven fortress mobius?
>>
>>52210579
Premise?
>>
>>52210807
Oh boy, you're in for a ride. It's by the creator of the Incal. Art is Juan Gimenez.
It's symbolism and over-the-top saga all along. Just don't take it seriously.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Metabarons/Issue-1-The-Stonecutters?id=61463
>>
>>52210942
>Don't spend your time wondering if your favorite character in The X-Men will survive the latest battle with Magneto; this book will show you what real suspense and surprise is.
I can already smell the pretension.
>>
>>52210973
That's Eurocomics in a nutshell.
>>
File: Blacksad_3[1].png (638KB, 886x570px) Image search: [Google]
Blacksad_3[1].png
638KB, 886x570px
>>52210973
Blame the american editors. They manage to do that with almost any translation. The original only had "Tonto, I will now tell you about my beloved master the Metabaron, the greatest warrior that ever was, and his proud ancestors" on the back cover.
I've yet to see an euro series calling itself "the best comic in the universe" (Invincible)

And since we're talking about foreign rpgs that began as comics.
>>
File: spittake.gif (52KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
spittake.gif
52KB, 500x281px
>>52211192
There's a Blacksad RPG? What's it like?
>>
File: aquelarre2[1].jpg (73KB, 670x849px) Image search: [Google]
aquelarre2[1].jpg
73KB, 670x849px
If you like spanish inquisition, dark ages and black masses, Aquelarre is an excellent game.

In a similar style, Shadows of Esteren is a very good horror fantasy-lite rpg.
Damn good soundtrack too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ug7ASPqHRE

>>52210372
You miss half the fun without the audio series, though.

>>52211316
Gorgeous, since it uses official art.
It's a D6 pool system that is quite rules-light. After a cursory read of the boo, nothing struck me as particularly good or bad.
>>
File: SOUDOWARUDOTSUUPOINTOOOOO.jpg (482KB, 1079x1536px) Image search: [Google]
SOUDOWARUDOTSUUPOINTOOOOO.jpg
482KB, 1079x1536px
>>52207132
Is there an English translation of Sword World somewhere?
>>
>>52208971
>What is Elric, anyway?
How...how are you even here
>>
>>52210973
Accusing things of "Pretension" vaguely is the only innately pretentious act, because it pretends to some analysis, which is seldom forthcoming. Jodorowsky is a madman and a sex-criminal, he is also a genius.
>>
>>52216252

We were newfags too many summers ago, anon.

But back then, there was no goole.
>>
File: O-Desafio-dos-Bandeirantes.jpg (63KB, 488x637px) Image search: [Google]
O-Desafio-dos-Bandeirantes.jpg
63KB, 488x637px
>>52206318
O Desafio dos Bandeirantes, a brazilian RPG published in 1991 or 1992.

It was set in a mythological version of 17th century colonial South America. The 'Bandeirantes' on the title were portuguese (and/or their sons with native women) who explored the brazilian hinterlands in search of gold, diamonds, and natives to enslave (more details here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandeirantes).

Aside from these guys, you could play as an european witch/warlock (hiding from the Inquisition), jesuit priest, native shaman, african priest, african sorcerer, and a few other race/class combination. Having been published before the current PC wave, races had attribute modifiers (physical attributes only, though).

Opposition were spaniards and dutchmen, giant cannibal natives, all-female warrior tribes (amazons! hue), bat-winged natives, midget blind albino natives, and mythological monsters from the local folklore, like the curupira.

The system was really crappy, basically D&D (6 attributes, class, level) with a percentile-based skill system added: roll under to succeed on a task, except during combat, when you added your skill value to a d20 roll. So yeah, a witch with knife-21 simply couldn't harm a warrior with sword-42.
>>
>>52206318
Who is best quickstart and why is it sachi-pyon?
>>
>>52214707
Have you even tried just googling "Sword World translation"? Because it's the very first result.
>>
File: mundo emerso.jpg (107KB, 687x504px) Image search: [Google]
mundo emerso.jpg
107KB, 687x504px
>>52218117
Is this the map of the game? I found it a while back, but didn't know the context.
>>
File: santacruz.png (672KB, 972x1156px) Image search: [Google]
santacruz.png
672KB, 972x1156px
>>52220089
No, the map is pretty much south america with a much shortened southern cone.
>>
File: Standard RPG System.pdf (225KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Standard RPG System.pdf
225KB, 1x1px
>>52206899
Damn, Alshard will continue to elude me.
>>
Neuroshima - you might know it thanks to Neuroshima Hex which was one of the spin off products that got particularly popular outside of Poland.

Basically it's a mix between Fallout, Mad Max, Terminator with an element of time travel where people who take a particular nasty drug, Tornado, "wake up" in the pre-apocalypse world. Some just enjoy the trip while some believe that they're actually traveling back in time and perhaps could stop Moloch (think Skynet) from rising.

>>52207038
Didn't play it but I recall it being sort of steam-punk styled, closer to Arcanum.
>>
>>52220089

Nah, this is from a crappy italian fantasy book saga published in the early 2000s. I don't know how you found the portoguese map.

That colonization brazilian game sounds kinda intriguing in concept. At least here in not iberian europe the colonization of the americas isn't very covered aside from the english side of things. System aside tough I don't get exactly WHAT the game is about.
>>
File: ob_152dfe_zkhaos1795-1[1].jpg (79KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ob_152dfe_zkhaos1795-1[1].jpg
79KB, 724x1024px
Khaos 1795.
Set right after the french Revolution, except the Terror is directly influenced by some unfathomable horror from beyond called "the supreme being" (the black hole thing in the sky), that also corrupted the northern half of France, so you get some animal abominations, mutant people and glipses the other side of the veil at times. Players are revolutionary resistants fighting against the new order.

>>52222968
>Due to the apocalypse, we have reverted back to Whippet tanks.
Turly dark times.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.