[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Pauper General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 46

File: Ancient Stirrings.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Stirrings.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Been awhile since we had one of these, I just got Temur/5C Tron even though Murasa Tron seems to be doing better atm. I had the former on my radar for some time anyway.

Someone redpill me on why Murasa is better? Also, you guys brewing anything? Anything inbound in the mail?

My Pauper gauntlet now comprises:
Mono U Delver
Mono G Stompy
Mono R Goblins
Mono B Control
Mono W Tokens
Bogles
Affinity
Burn
Elves
Turbo Reanimator
Temur Tron

Wanna add Kuldoth Boros, Slivers or UB Control to the collection next but the budget is getting a little tight.
>>
i also want pauper to be a thing.
but in truth it does strike me as welfare legacy.
>>
>>52199032
Aw shiet pauper thread.

Posting my Affinity list - it's absolutely hilarious and already won two paper pauper FNMs despite the hate. Also wrecks mirror matchup hard.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/do-atogs-dream-of-electric-thopters/

Thinking of trying 2x Gearseeker Serpent instead of 1 Ornithopter, 1 Disciple of the Vault. Anyone done that?
>>
>>52200889
>pauper is welfare legacy
That's not necessarily a bad thing desu. It has bigger card pool (at least technically) than modern and allows for more fun stuff - while letting actual control decks play the game.

I think now is one of the best times for the format. There is no disgusting combo now that the drake is banned and a healthy balance of aggro and control.
>>
>>52201848
>Ornithopter
>Disciple
I like you anon. Don't change this build.
>>
I've been thinking of getting into pauper and starting with Boros. Is that a deck that should hold up for a while, and are there any good updates for that deck with Kaladesh? I feel like I should wait until a little while after MM17 so I can see if any changes there affect the deck and what I want to play, but I am interested in building for the format.
>>
>>52201941

i have no proposed solutions on how to solve the problem but i do wish combo existed... playing combo is my favorite part of magic but i know that unbanning any of the storm cards wouldn't be healthy for pauper. blue decks need to get two untapped islands to stop you, black can run duress... but that's about it as far as effective combo disruption goes.
>>
File: 1456446596947.jpg (80KB, 628x651px) Image search: [Google]
1456446596947.jpg
80KB, 628x651px
>>52202690
Disciples are baller - turns out 1 damage per dead artifact is a big deal when your entire deck is artifacts.

Ornithopters unfortunately are a dead draw sometimes but other times they feed atog, chump and, best of all, allow this to happen:
>Turn1 - Land, Thopter, Thopter, Springleaf drum, frogmite, myr enforcer
>tfw watching the opponents expression change from smug upon seeing thopter to pure terror
>Turn 2 Thoughtcast for instant scoop
>>
>>52202887
Well combo technically exists, between Elves, Affinity's Fling Combo and Kiln Fiend, but they're not combo combos, I get your point.

There is Oops All Spells and even Eggs in the format too, and that Midnight Guard/Presence of Gond combo people have been failing to make efficient enough to go anywhere near the tiers. So it's not there combo isn't a thing, it's just that it's shit in this format until it isn't, whereupon it's too powerful. Somehow.
>>
>>52202880
Yes. Kuldotha Boros is tearing across the meta atm as I understand and it's a great deck that even has its own overrun and runs Thraben Inspector.
>>
>>52202955

yeah, i understand that you get what i meant- combo that doesn't win with creatures, haha. can you post lists or examples for those couple you mentioned? i don't play a ton these days and haven't seen those in action.

super curious about how oops could work... what the hell is the win con?
>>
>>52203117
Not a combo player myself, but to elaborate on some of them:
>Kiln Fiend is combo in the same sense as modern/legacy Infect is - you use pumps to get one creature insanely huge and kill on turn 3-4 or scoop to removal
>Elves do elf things, shitting out their hand turn 2-3
>Affinity fling is feeding an Atog with artifacts until he's lethal and then casting Fling. The list I use is even deadlier here, as each fed artifact pings for 1+ with Disciple of the Vault
>Midnight Guard untaps when a creture ETB; Presence of Gond makes a token on tap = infinite tokens. It's hard to setup, dies to Shrivel/Electrickery and harder to protect
>Oops
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/438859#online
>>
File: shit deck.jpg (396KB, 1331x738px) Image search: [Google]
shit deck.jpg
396KB, 1331x738px
rate my shitbrew
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-16+at+05.17.57).jpg (476KB, 1540x850px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-16+at+05.17.57).jpg
476KB, 1540x850px
I'll be honest, I only play pauper so I can play gray merchant
>>
Got me a faeries deck last week, I was goldfishing with it before going to my locals and man is it hard to pilot. Wonder if I should give up on pretending to have skill and just run delvers.
t. Former standard player
>>
I made two pauper decks (mono U and B) recently.

Why is pauper more fun than edh?
>>
>>52205059
Probably because you're allowed to play for more than four turns without requiring a PhD in MTG comprehensive rules ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>52205059
They are different games entirely.
edh is like some sort of dick sucking board game, while pauper is a competitive 1v1 zero sum game.
>>
File: 1483531841782.jpg (58KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1483531841782.jpg
58KB, 720x405px
>>52205287

I love politicking, but I get super autistic with it and after a solid game or two of me wheelin and dealin words, I'm burnt. I can't afford to get "staple" cards so I talk my way outta shit.

Do people not play pauper cause if they like it they can't justify a $1k deck?
>>
>>52205555
The reason they don't play it is because there are certain effects that just make the game more enjoyable at rare, like decent mana and planeswalkers.
>>
>>52205680
I like to consider Pauper as a very engaging, but overall kind of boring format when you're limited to mostly simple cards. That said, there are exceptions and definitely complicated matchups, so I still enjoy it.
>>
>>52205680
>Planeswalkers
>more enjoyable
You wot
>>
>>52200889
You say that as if it's a bad thing
Legacy is the best format not including Vintage, but it really is too expensive for anyone but people with no fiscal sense.

Pauper's also much easier to ease new people into since there's less (albeit fun) inbred stuff like the various combo decks and the ridiculous synergies in Legacy (which, again, are part of the fun of Legacy, but it's not fun if you don't understand why it's balanced)
>>
>>52204939
I stole your build.
>>
>>52204784
I like the use of timberwall ya got goin on.

I stole your build too.
>>
>>52204784
You should use Manamorphose over Simian Spirit Guide though I clearly know what you're trying to meme.
>>
>>52203117
I think you aim to cast this. There are some ways to get it out of your grave in case it's not in time for balustrade spy. Flashback Morgue Theft for Anarchist is one way, the other is to crack a Conjurer's Bauble.

Eggs is more flexible but here's an example:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/407439#online
>>
>>52205011
The best dairies decks are those that dont run only faieries. U Delver is mostly a fae deck with ninjas and UR faeries add bolts to the mix. Both are good decks, with mono u being a solid tier 1 staple.
>>
If you had to build a battle box for your group of 5-8 decks with a budget of $200, what decks would you make? What notable omissions come to mind that didn't make your list? What's the rationale behind each choice?

Yes I'm asking because I'm interested in building one myself
>>
>>52208850

Pick a few from this list. Getting all of these would probably set you for the entire format though

Delver
Stompy
Affinity
RUG Tron
Mono-Black Control
Jeskai Kuldotha
UR Drake (or Murasa Tron)
UB Teachings
Elves
Burn
Bogles (traditional, not 5-colour)
Angler Delver
Izzet Blitz
White Weenie (Tokens/Soul Sisters, most likely. Possibly rebels)
Goblins
RDW
Slivers
Tortured Existence (Likely Abzan, although personally I'd use G/B Madness TortEx)
>>
File: PauperJund 006.jpg (824KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperJund 006.jpg
824KB, 2304x1728px
this was good fun.
>>
File: PauperRGTron 002.jpg (847KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperRGTron 002.jpg
847KB, 2304x1728px
>>52209472
>Friend decides not to play LD against this because 'it wouldn't be fun'
>Get turn 3 tron and just make big dudes

I felt bad.

I need a new pauper thing to play but I still need to find something that interests me.
>>
what is the set budget for their playgroup?
mine is a local cardshop and it's set at 25$ max.
is this good? bad?
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-16+at+07.39.45).jpg (334KB, 859x1045px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-16+at+07.39.45).jpg
334KB, 859x1045px
>>52210610
>$25 max

seems kinda low.

There's actually very few money cards in Pauper, mostly just really old shit like Oubliettes which only see play in very few decks, and ain't even completely necessary.
>>
>>52205555
Nice get

>Do people not play pauper cause if they like it they can't justify a $1k deck?
I'm playing pauper with my gf because we are lazy. Using only commons is nicely reducing the card pool. We are experimenting with standard pauper right now which is surprisingly fun
>>
Currently looking for a new deck to tinker with. Waiting on bits for mono U affinity, haven't been able to get UB Madness or Naya Landfall to a place I'm happy with. That Jund deck looks like it could be fun.
>>
>>52209176
I'm unfamiliar with G/B Madness TortEx, please describe it and why you prefer it to Abzan? Doesn't losing the enchantment tutors hurt quite a bit?

As for the list, I appreciate it, and I had narrowed my options down to those and a few janky things like Midnight Gond and Acid Trip too (also Vinestorm, because it just ain't a good format if you can't play Storm in it), but I'm mostly wondering how to keep the battlebox balanced-ish but also fun and diverse
>>
>>52210796
Simian Spirit Guide is a travesty
>>
>come play pauper! It's fun!
>Has tron decks

Yea. I'll pass
>>
>>52199032
>Play pauper for the first time
>Expect it to be a bunch of causal janky decks
>Throw together a cheap UB control deck since it's one of my favorites
>Play against an $80 dollar """"pauper"""" bogles deck
>Realize the spikes got to the intentionally cheap format
>Never play pauper again.
Go fuck yourselves.
>>
>>52211555
You're a fucking moron. Cheap does not mean it has to be shit.
>hurrr I want to play bad decks wtf y don't u?
>>
>>52211555
>Expectig a cheap format to be a casual one
Go fuck yourself, this isn't the format for you, this is a format to play high level, decision intensive games as reasonable prices.
>>
>>52211555
>UB control
Was it actual dimir control or a bunch of blue and black cards you had?
>>
File: PauperTeachings 019.jpg (805KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperTeachings 019.jpg
805KB, 2304x1728px
fuck yeah scumbag control
>>
>>52207465
Don't get me wrong, I run ninjas, cloudfins and spire golems in addition to the miscreant / spellstutter / pestermite core. Even some stitched drakes because do I love me above the curve creatures.
UR faeries sounds fun though, may try that or use Psionic Blast for maximum jank.
>>
>>52207465
>Dairies decks
I didn't even know there were cows in Magic apart from certain parts of the playerbase
>>
>>52212953
Before anyone calls me an idiot, I just checked and Psionic Blast is not Pauper Legal.
>>
>>52211767

wut is ur wincon m8?
>>
File: Kongou7.jpg (88KB, 850x617px) Image search: [Google]
Kongou7.jpg
88KB, 850x617px
>>52213334
There's a single Curse of the Bloody Tome, but most games are won with repeated Evincar's Justice.
>>
>>52211767
I can't look at this list and not be reminded of that absolute puntfest between Paul Cheon and Wedge during last year's Coomunity Super League when Paul fielded this deck and Wedge fielded Oops All Spells, and Paul sided Evincar's Justice out, leaving him no way to win the game in game 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKVgWsakbxc
>>
>>52213995
>Only 21 creatures in the graveyard
my sides
>>
>pauper
Thank you OP. I truly appreciate those who enjoy the fine dining that is the pauper format.

I play paper pauper only because I am against shilling to WOtC as Much as possible.

Decklist
>mono white tokens
>izzet "combo"

Really izzet combo is izzet blitz but only with kiln fiend and things to enable combos off of retraction helix and nettle drone. It doesn't always work, but when it does it is absolutely stupid to watch.
>>
>>52216619
>Refraction Helix and Nettle Drone
>Izzet
what
>>
>>52211720
This desu. Dimir Control is actually a very decent deck - maybe not tier 1 but very competent. If you lost with it then you have no one to blame but yourself.

If you just threw together ebin xD kitchen table shitbrew, again, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>52218352
What do you think about Dinrova Horror in Dimir Control as a 1 or 2 of at the top of the curve? It was downgraded to common in MM 2017.
>>
File: Nivix_Cyclops.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Nivix_Cyclops.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
This deck is so stupid but I can't stop playing it. Izzet Blitz is like crack.
>>
>>52218431
eh

It trades neither with gurmag angler nor with the gearseeker serpent, is a dead card for 80% of the game and cannot be cheated around turn three like Angler. The effect is powerful I guess but nothing to write home about. Oh, it also doesn't dodge Victim of Night like the Angler while also being susceptible to hydroblast.

I'd say no but I will probably try one-of in a game soon and see what happens. I am quite pessimistic about it.
>>
Did anyone try playing the Aristrocrats deck featured in the recent mtggoldfish article? How did it perform - is it a viable deck for 30 bucks that it costs?
>>
>>52219343
Haven't tried playing it, but it doesn't look great. I'd probably try RB Aristocrats with Hissing Iguanar and Falkenrath Noble, sacrificing mogg war marshal and goblin matron. Driver of the Dead seems like a viable inclusion also.

I think what the deck is really missing is another good sac outlet. I've tried making builds with Ashnod's Altar but so far haven't found one I like.
>>
>>52219739
>Ashnod's Altar
Wait, what? Was is ever a common? Is it one of em paper-only blokes?
>>
>>52219957
Huh. Just looked in to that. Bloody Chronicles.
>>
>>52220060
I believe Card Kingdom is starting to formalize the combined Pauper format for paper that allows both online and paper legalities and just extends the ban list to High Tide, Sinkhole, Hymn to Tourach and Goblin Grenade.

I know this might start a shitstorm but I'm glad this is finally happening, it's an important step to make Pauper a reality in paper. So things like Tormod's Crypt, BEB, REB, and Ashnod's Altar; as well as Battle Screech, Brindle Shoat and Beetleback Chief are no longer up for contention. Also stuff like Custodi Squire and the new Basic Landcycling Land from Commander. No confusion, they're all just allowed. It may be a little unorthodox, but it's nice to have a combined format in reality to avoid situations like the one we just ran into.
>>
>>52220332
>>52220332
>High Tide banned
Y'all just hate fun.

What is the best deck in pauper to use Dark Rituals? I fucking love that card and it's a shame it's barely used.
>>
i just started to try to get this dopey shit to work

still definitely messing with it it's far from even close to not shit but i want to hear some suggestions
>>
>>52220725

forgot my FUCKING image it's 4:30 am
>>
File: shitbrew.png (981KB, 1275x802px) Image search: [Google]
shitbrew.png
981KB, 1275x802px
>>52220736

holy fucking shit
>>
>>52220579
Oops All Spells and Turbo Reanimator. Great fun in both.

I've never played High Tide, I just know people seem intent on banning it.
>>
>>52220579
Suicide black aggro probs.
>>
>>52220753
Um... try out Gift of Orzhova? Apparently combos well with Chanpion of the Guildpact.
>>
>>52220912

shyttt thanks dude
>>
>>52220902
>turbo reanimator
tell me more. does it shit out a crusher turn one? I can imagine it with:
> land > lotus petal > faithless looting discarding crusher > dark pact > exhume
>>
>>52220332
What does Card Kingdom have to do with pauper legality?
>>
>>52222905
You think correctly. Except there is also this card to give the fucker haste. Some streamlined builds might not run Dark Ritual, but I'm sure the experience should suit your palate anyway.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/405438#online

>>52222939
They organized some fairly high stakes paper Pauper events recently as I recall, the Rags to Riches tournament with payouts like Tarmogoyf and Cavern of Souls as top prizes. And it was broadcasted fairly widely, with some stores adopting the format for their Pauper events too. So while it is neither proper Online Pauper, nor is it strictly a "Paper" only format, it might become the unofficial standard for paper formats because of its intuitiveness and popularity. At least that's what I'm hoping.
>>
>>52222905
>>52223518
Here's the list I decided to run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMno5zBjM70
>>
>>52223577
Well, OP here, I decided to start with Temur Tron because I've seen it in videos online more so than Murasa Tron so I decided to get it for familiarity's sake so I can get used to a tron deck first. From there I plan to shitbrew and/or try out Murasa builds as well. I feel like by the time you get Temur Tron you've gotten like 70-80% of the cost of all Tron decks in general.
>>
File: 1461992702670.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1461992702670.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>52222905
>>52223518
>think about building this shit in paper cause I already have 4 decks online but only own Affinity in paper (posted my list above, check it out >>52201848)
>SSG over 5 pounds and nowhere to be found in reputable stores
>>
>>52223688
As far as Paper pricing is concerned, Turbo Reanimator and Oops All Spells are certainly up there with Tron due to the SSG/Gitaxian Probe/Lotus Petal package. I think they alone rack up ~50 bucks?
>>
>>52223631
True. Not that it helps with Ancient Stirrings reaching $7 each.

I was interested in seeing if BG would work with Crypt Rats, but the only way that's really viable is with Initiate of the Ebon Hand for filtering; at that point it seems a bit too clunky to be effective.
>>
>>52223732
Oh man, don't remind me, between Expedition Map, Ancient Stirrings and Chromatic Star and the Tron lands you've just spend 50-60 of the ~95ish dollars needed to make this deck.

I just got the whole order two days ago, then I bought my car. I'm a poor, poor Pauper at this point ;_;
>>
>>52223765
Better yet, why are pyro and hydroblasts so fucking expensive online? I got mine in paper for literal peanuts even before the EM reprint.
>>
>>52223830
They editions hydro/pyro are in arent very good for draft, which is the main eay cards get into the modo card pool.

And the editions of REB/BEB that are online, they are uncommons.

So its mainly low supply and very high demand, mostly by the pauper players.
>>
File: PauperZoo 001.jpg (741KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperZoo 001.jpg
741KB, 2304x1728px
>>
File: 20170303_180159.jpg (2MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170303_180159.jpg
2MB, 2560x1536px
Friday night today guys!

What are you playing? I didnt rake a picture of todays deck but its basically the one in the pic with some changes:
-4 AK
-Bettleback Chief
+3 eldrazi skyspawner
+3 ninja of the deep hours
+2 spellstutters in the sideboard instead of the 2 eldrazis.

At least in testing it probed to work much better against stompy and gobbos while not losing much from the change. Not relying so much in the graveyard is also a nice bonus.
>>
File: PauperSpookyBurn 001.jpg (782KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperSpookyBurn 001.jpg
782KB, 2304x1728px
i want this list to be fun.

but it wasn't :(
>>
>>52225288
Wtf is this Pauper Death's Shadow Zoo?
>>
>>52225368
How can a list so nice not be fun? It makes me sad to know that...

>>52225398
Its usually known as Domain Zoo.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-17-14-40-15.png (433KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-17-14-40-15.png
433KB, 480x800px
Is this the card that will make RG madness playable?

Will it ever be released online?

Will anyone ever break the paper meta with this stud?
>>
>>52225452
not enough ways to hit the opponent. Also trading 1-for-1 on removal way too often.
>>
File: 60.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
60.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>52225368
Why aren't you running Aether Burst??

>>52225530
Jund Madness here we go
>>
>>52225530
That card seems a bit busted honestly. Can't really make cards better than that and not have them ridiculously OP
>>
>>52225452
I know, I jest, I just saw the Nacatl and the Gurmag Angler and thought it was a funny parallel to Death Shadow Zoo
>>
what makes for a better/more interesting matchup with MBC? Jeskai Kitty, Kuldotha Jeskai, or Kuldotha Boros? I've been playing MBC vs Jeskai Kitty and it seems like MBC has a distinct advantage. I'm wondering if Kuldotha Jeskai will help against the edicts.
>>
>>52227203
Does control or aggro work better for you against MBC. I've had luck with aggro, trying to out value them.

I put together a UR Knack/Helix Combo deck, does anyone have any suggestions for the sideboard? Meta is primarily delver and izzet blitz
>>
File: bubbling fuck.jpg (35KB, 628x227px) Image search: [Google]
bubbling fuck.jpg
35KB, 628x227px
Been playing this Bubbling Muck "combo" list for a little while, except with a Doom Blade and a Pestilence pushed to the sideboard (in place of the Swamps) replaced with 2x Chainer's Edict. It's really fun.

But how the fuck do I give myself a chance versus control? I was thinking Tasigur's Cruelty might me cool tech, since the deck doesn't use the grave much.

Any help is appreciated. I usually play Delver, Elves, or affinity variants so I'm not sure how to build combo control.
>>
>>52213385
that sounds really shitty
>>
i've been getting really into pauper and just found out the game store near my apartment, which had been really shitty, is under new management and just fired a 12 person pauper event
it's happening
>>
File: PauperPestilence 001 (Large).jpg (808KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperPestilence 001 (Large).jpg
808KB, 2304x1728px
>>52228070
you don't really need to run many wincons in Control.

But yes, it makes you feel like complete scum.

>>52227795
>Bubbling Muck
>>
Is there any good resources for getting into pauper online?

I bought a delver deck and bombed my first league because I have no clue what matters in most match-ups.
>>
>>52229531
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper#paper

maybe give you an idea about the expected matchups?
>>
Important question: Victim of Night or Doom Blade in mono-b midrange/control decks?

>>52229531
http://www.gatheringmagic.com/alexullman-02142017-a-pauper-primer-wrapping-up/
This series of articles is pretty good. Gives rundowns of (most) relevant decks, and outlines what your decks should be trying to accomplish. But it won't prepare you for playing against shitbrews, which is the best part of Pauper.
>>
>>52218446
It's also fucking terrifying, some matchups are just powerless to stop it

Will Magma Jet make the list now that it's common?
>>
>>52229601
Definitely Victim of Night - BB shouldn't be an issue in a monocolored deck. Most of the played Vampires and Zombies are black (except Insolent Neonate) and no one really plays Werewolves.

In fact, if your meta is heavy on black I would go a step further and consider Grasp of Darkness.
>>
>>52229601
Victim IMO.
>>
don't you die on me
>>
Is there a good alternative for Signal Pest? I'm really missing the little guy.
>>
File: file.png (456KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
456KB, 768x432px
ith me, your friendly neighbourhooth maro.

Potht your betht deckth!

So i can ban thhem.
>>
File: PauperAffinityNew 001.jpg (757KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperAffinityNew 001.jpg
757KB, 2304x1728px
>>
File: PauperCyborgs 001 (Large).jpg (798KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperCyborgs 001 (Large).jpg
798KB, 2304x1728px
>>
>>52231698
Opinion on Glint Hawk Idols?
>>
File: PrecureFace4.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PrecureFace4.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>52231909
2 power evasive dude that dodges some removal.
>>
Is U/B delver a reasonable place to start with in Pauper. If not what would you recommend.
>>
Is there a viable green ramp deck?
>>
>>52232491
all ramp in pauper is tron
>>
>>52211767
Where do you live to play pauper in paper?
>>
>>52232491
>>52232495
We'll there's Elves and RG Ponza.
>>
>>52232495
>>52232735
Sorry I don't think I was specific enough. I want shit like voyaging satyr and arbor elf to ramp into green/colorless fatties. Is there a deck like that?
>>
>>52232795
>>52232735
yeah, some elves lists ramp into crusher, but it's fragile
>>
>>52232115
Its a challenging deck for sure but a run one at that! Nothing likr flipping a t2 delver and following it with an angler. Its also the best brainstorm deck in the format since it runs all those fetiches and thought scours.

And if tou dont like it you can move to tge other ub decks (Alchemy, Teachings, Handlock) without buying too many cards.

Was my first deck and I love it.
>>
Is it ok to talk about pauper commander in this thread? Or is that not ok?
>>
Any Puaper Eldrazi? I looked online say nothing, but I feel maybe it could have potential.
>>
File: 20170318_013958.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170318_013958.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>52225292
Mini update:

Went second at my FNM because I drawed on my third match against izzet fairies... too many hydro/pyroblasts from thw board means nothing ever resolves or stays alive....

Match 1 against affinity the eldrazis bought me time to get flame slashes for his 4/4s and counters for anything else. Second fame I resolved a gorilla and it was gg.

Round 2 against stompy. This is an extremely hard matchup. Lost game 1 fast. He had a maindeck scattershot that killed my eldrazi delaying plan... fames 2 and 3 I won on double electrickeries wiping the board.

Game 3 against izzet faieries was pretty fun but slooow and grindy. A few turns of drawing blank lost me game 1. Game 2 I controlled the air with tge eldrazis and spellstutters and clogged the ground with 1/3s.

The eldrazi plan went great. The ninjas though... they just dont shine when they return creatures that expensive.... I think I will take them for the fourth eldrazi and maybe 2 ghostly Flickers.
>>
>>52234533
There is are some tron lists, and they used to play crusher. But most of them have moved to different win cons.

Not sure why, but it likely has to do with a lot of work for something that can just be traded one for one with, as opposed to things like Maul splicer.
>>
>>52234533
The only good eldrazis are ulamogs crusher (The formast fattest fatty. Played in tron and any ramp deck) and skyspawner (amazing card all around. Btw, i'm
>>52234801). The other eldrazi are just too bad to make a deck around them. There are a few decks that ramp scuons into hand of emrakul (I think) but they are just for fun and not competitive at all
>>
So have any of my Dimir Control/Handlock bros tried to run Augur of Bolas instead of the Sea-Gate Oracle? How were the results?
>>
Never played Pauper before, how does this look?
>>
>>52236402
oops I'm a little drunk

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/18-03-17-ur-alchemist/
>>
File: PauperBurnAllFoil 001.jpg (763KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperBurnAllFoil 001.jpg
763KB, 2304x1728px
>>52232510
Scotland. It's just between friends - I don't think any of the local shops run anything sanctioned.
>>
>>52232510
My shop in London runs pauper events with consistent albeit rather sparse regularity - every 2 months or so. It's fun and our people are really nice.
>>
>>52234247
Go for it m80. Pretty hard to get enough conversation on pauper commander for its own thread. I have a couple of decks that get played once in a blue moon. Thinking of disassembling one or two of them and making one around Savage Ventmaw ramp+fatties or Cliffside Vampire lifegain. What are ya playing/building?
>>
>>52236415
Tandem Lookout with that few creatures doesn't seem great. I would stick in Augur of Bolas instead. Maybe mana leak over some combination of cantrips. Gush is also a good spell.

Kind of feels like you're throwing lookout/alchemist in to UR delver and losing a lot of the threats that make UR delver good. You could build around the pinger/lookout combo more, or adjust towards a more classic UR spells tempo plan.
>>
>>52211555
Bogles scoops to Rebeltron
>>
Ok teegee, let's keep the thread afloat.

What's your:
>Favourite deck to play
>A deck that you're playing right now
>This deck's worst matchup
>A deck that you absolutely hate

I will start with
>Affinity
>MBC
>Burn
>Burn
>>
>>52238629
>Favourite deck to play
Aggro Delver variants. Nobody expects the Mutagenic Growth into Temur Battle Rage on a flipped Delver T2
Bubbling Muck combo
Mill. It's just a hair too slow most of the time. Though 4 Anglers in the sideboard have helped this matchup out A TON
Elves, but only because the turns take a long time, and beating it usually comes down to drawing the boardwipe
>>
>>52238629
> favan
UR control and UB alchemy (actually they are pretty similar)
> playan
UR control has been giving me the best results lately.
> loosan to
Stompy. I have tuned the deck to fight it and the spellstutters have helped a lot. But it is hard. Goblins is pretty hard too.
> hatan
Do nothing control decks with no wincons like murasa, teachings and turbofog
>>
File: PauperBNP 003.jpg (753KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperBNP 003.jpg
753KB, 2304x1728px
BUGS
N
PIGS
>>
>>52238629
>Favourite deck to play
Squadron Hawk decks. All of them.

For tournaments I usually run Delver or Goblins. Beyond that, I have a collection.

Both decks feel like they've got a fighting chance against the format. Maybe Bogles for Goblins.

None, really. Bogles is probably my least favourite deck because playing it feels somewhat inconsistent and playing against it often feels like draw hate = win, don't = lose.

I have a love/hate relationship with Delver. The deck is wonderfully interactive and interesting to play/play against, but it feels like it polices the format a smidgen too effectively at times.
>>
>>52239013
I love the pig theme. Pulse of murasa and gurmag feel like they'd be at home in there.
>>
>>52239013
That singleton undying evil is sooo spicy. I sometimes run one in any black deck just for fun. It has the "daze effect": once they see it they always assume it's in your hand.
>>
>>52239013
S P I C Y
P
I
C
Y

x1 undying evil will defo go into my MBC/Dimir Control. Recurring a rat/rager/gary while protecting them? cum on!
>>
File: PauperUG 001 (Large).jpg (759KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperUG 001 (Large).jpg
759KB, 2304x1728px
fuck yeah random UG pile
>>
File: PauperShroudfang 001 (Large).jpg (739KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperShroudfang 001 (Large).jpg
739KB, 2304x1728px
>>
>>52239764
How many decks do you have?
>>
>>52239013
>>52239683
>>52239764

I love what you're doing.
>>
File: PauperDelverNaught 001 (Large).jpg (717KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperDelverNaught 001 (Large).jpg
717KB, 2304x1728px
>>52239775
something like 8 pauper ones and 4 legacy ones in various states of cards-being-borrowed-for-other lists.

My collection is vast, and I just like building stuff.
>>
File: PauperRockCurrent 001 (Large).jpg (748KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperRockCurrent 001 (Large).jpg
748KB, 2304x1728px
>>
>dig through old box of commons
>find two play sets of ancient stirrings
now if only pauper would take off locally
>>
So new to Pauper delver guy here again. does anybody know if it is better to sell chests or open them on moto as far as playing more leagues goes.
>>
Also, are there any decks that can kill on turn 2 other then that Immolating soul eater deck?

On a related tangent, is infect a thing in Pauper?
>>
>>52242315
There's the Sliver deck that uses Virulent Sliver for poisonous, not sure about actual infect being a thing though. Literally 4 decks on mtgtop8 under infect in the format and they didn't seem to perform all that well.
>>
>>52238629
>Favourite deck to play
UW tron.
UB Torex.
I have a lot of trouble with affinity
Affinity.
>>
>>52242315
Infect exists in the format, but it is highly fragile. Most of the successful lists are MonoG.

Other decks that can win on T2 (apart from Souleater and Infect): MonoR Heroic and Spy (with a possible turn 1 win).
Theoretically Stompy could also win on T2, but that's a god draw combined with an opponent shocking himself.
>>
File: yfwnopauperfnm.jpg (90KB, 388x446px) Image search: [Google]
yfwnopauperfnm.jpg
90KB, 388x446px
>>52201848
>paper pauper FNM
I h-had fun at my standard FNM too
>>
>>52225368
needs electromancer
>>
>>52199032
i'm playing:
mono u delver
kuldotha boros
ub teachings control
mono black blink (mbc splashing momentary blink off of prophetic prism and 4 expanse with 1 island and 1 plains)
RUG tron
UG threshold
RG infect (assault strobe, madcap skills, and reckless charge)

brewing:
grixis immolator (nivix fiend variant with immolator, and tainted strike)
aristocrats
>>
Could dinrova horror function in the BR reanimator list as a viable reanimation target? Its big enough for dragon breath to attach to and its a decent tempo swing when it hits the board.
>>
I'm currently brewing a RG Zoo deck. I know I want Kird Ape and Burning Tree Emissary, but what else slots into this kind of deck for pauper?

I'm new to the format
>>
>>52238629
>fav deck to play
probably elves. feels like modern affinity
>a deck that you're playing rn
delver. there's pauper events firing at a LGS now so i want to be polished
>this deck's worst matchup
bogles imo
>a deck that you absolutely hate
i like most decks but would never play a tron deck. don't like tron
>>
>>52242405
do you have a list for UB tortex? sounds sick
>>
>>52242501
Yeah, I am blessed to have a great local shop in Northern London.

What they do is sanction Pauper events as Legacy - this way everyone gets to play pauper in a sanctioned event. Aside from that it's mostly modern, limited and unfortunately quite a lot of standard - although people do try to build fun decks and only bring autistic tier 1 stuff on game day.
>>
>>52247140
Half of what makes Zoo Zoo is pauper legal, so dig out those Wild Nacatls and Lightning Bolts. Throw in some Rancors. Really, the biggest change to the deck is that the manabase is a bit more basic than you'd otherwise be used to... but that's why you have Abundant Growth and Nylea's Presence to make Tribal Flames solid.
>>
>>52247729
Is it worth playing 3 color and mashing in Nylea's Presence to MAYBE get Matka Rioters a 5/5 instead of a 3/3 for 3 and MAYBE get a 5 damage bolt?

Why not just jam in Bushwhackers and BTE and keep it RG?

I'm not too sure of the power level of Pauper or how fast the games go, but that just seems like a slow game plan when you either rush out and kill the enemy or just lose.
>>
File: wee.png (128KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
wee.png
128KB, 223x311px
>ctrl + f
>nobody playing with wee dragonauts
what happened?
>>
>>52248259
Pauper's power level is hilariously and deceptively high. Burn for example only needs a handful of cards swapped out to turn it into a Legacy list. The hand sculpting available in Pauper puts Modern to shame.
BTE is something I'm very interested in as well, but remember that it was uncommon until the MM2017 printing.
>>
>>52237416
Not that anon, but I personally run Ana Battlemage, who is a baller. Haven't hit the format in awhile, since my group fell apart, but we had a Chandra's Spitfire, a Cavern Harpy, a Baleful Strix, and a Lumberknot in the mix. I'm considering building another deck but I don't know who to build.
>>
>>52248535
Nivix Cyclops happened. In lists that may want to run dragonauts (i.e. Izzet Blitz and its ilk) the cyclops is just better.
>>
>>52248535
>>52249918
Yeah, we have Nivix Cyclops and Kiln Fiend, and between distortion stroke and temur battle rage, there's enough evasion for the flying to be not so relevant.

Back in high school when Dissension first came out I fantasized about a common and uncommon only ur deck that would use lightning bolts, shock, lava spike and serum visions to get wee dragonauts to the finish. I'm so glad it's such a force these days.
>>
>>52229605
I dunno, 2 mana for a spell that isn't Temur battle rage hurts with the low mana curve.
Also, bolt & a cantrip gets you more damage, ups your pseudo-storm count, and is still a minus 1 over a magma jet.
t. Izzet Blitz player
>>
>>52247140
>>52247729
>>52248259
>>52248776

Wild Nacatls can be a little slow for Pauper because of the lack of Fetch+Shock combos. This turns Domain Zoo into a more 5c goodstuff midrange deck with stuff like Serum Visions and Journey to Nowhere to back up the Nylea's Presence Combo.

With that in mind, we're all very excited for Gruul Zoo because Burning Tree Emissary and Bushwacker might push it to be consistently explosive enough to be a force. Try it out and let us know if it's aggro enough.
>>
>>52246876
As opposed to Crusher? Not even close; hasted crusher is just brutal.

To Angler? You're not reanimating angler anyway, you're delving it out.

>>52236179
Anyone?
>>
what's a good deck to build into going into pauper? Is elves just a meme deck? i'm looking for something grindy though like bgx in modern
>>
>>52251903
Good thing about pauper is that every deck is accessible - even the ones that use modern/legacy pieces is alright compared to other formats. So you can start with whatever you like. Like tempo/midrange - go U Delver. Like control? Go dimir handlock or monoblack control. Like aggro? Stompy. Like artifacts and explosive hands? Affinity. Like tron? go fuck yourself you filthy piece of shit.

>elves
elves are ok. they are probably not tier 1 but a very solid deck. they are wrecked by cheap removal and some sideboard cards - so MBC/Dimir are usually bad matchups, and right now they are both on the rise in the meta so bear that in mind.

>grindy like jund/abzan
elves aren't that. elves are essentially combo that lets you shit out all the elves turn 2-3 into Distant Melody. If you want grindy check out the aforementioned MBC, U delver, kuldotha boros/jeskai
>>
>>52252327
cool thanks anon! will look into those other decks. MBC sounds sweet. i wish it were a bit more popular here though
>>
File: PauperMerchantControl 001.jpg (817KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperMerchantControl 001.jpg
817KB, 2304x1728px
>>52252684
MBC is pretty good, and there's lots of different paths you can go down for it.
>>
>>52252684
>>52252725
Seconding this, MBC is my second most favourite and best decks after Affinity and I greatly enjoy it - it's also one of the cheapest decks if you play on MTGO and more expensive ones in paper because lol oubliette.

It has good matchups against almost every other deck too, except for burn and, from my experience, stompy.
>>
File: tortex.png (973KB, 1276x597px) Image search: [Google]
tortex.png
973KB, 1276x597px
Anyone else play a tortex variant?

I'd love to see your list.
>>
I just found four of those laying around in one of my boxes and I want to use tem in something other than affinity, what would you guys recommend?
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>52253645
Forgot pic, sorry
>>
>>52253650
>>52253645
I think the only thing they see play in is https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/406477#paper
>>
>>52253754
For pauper maybe. I don't know about most of the stranger Legacy builds, but some of them at least should be able to reduce down.
>>
>>52239683
>>52239764
Yes those deck ideas look super fun
>>
>>52239764
sylvan ranger seems a little weak here given you're only in two colors
>>
What does pauper-general think of thunderous wrath? Would it plus Brainstorm be a deck?
>>
>>52254536
a lot of people have been trying it out. i'll wait to see the MTGO finishes. the UR faeries deck seems like it can exploti it
>>
As interesting as Pauper is I find myself leaning more and more towards Penny Dreadful.
>>
File: Image-46.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-46.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Sup teegee, new to pauper
Is there a red green aggro deck in this format? Something similar to atarka red in standard/frontier? Or should I just build izzet blitz?
>>
>>52248535

math happened.

kiln fiend and nivix cyclops go lethal with temur battle rage and two other spells, wee dragonauts go lethal with temur battle rage and FOUR other spells - that's a big difference.

Unless you want to run black for battle rage + tainted strike combo, where all those go lethal with just two cards, you run nivix cyclops and kiln fiend instead.
>>
>>52254736
yeah, there's G stompy and with BTE added to the format the archetype might veer a little more into R. the issue is having a two-color aggro manabase
>>
>>52254736
Wait 1 week and you should see a strong BTE Gruul Aggro list.
>>
>>52254698
to much effort to find out what's legal and what isn't, especially if I play paper.
>>
>>52254851
I think all we will see is mono g stompy rubning BTE instead of some of the weaker 2 drops (garruk companion, shinen, nest invader)
>>
>>52254876

To be honest I'd probably just pick 1 list of what's legal and make a bunch of decks from that to play with. Then only switch it up if things got stale.
>>
>>52251903
Like other people have told you, MBC is the decj that colsest ressembles modern BG decks (powerful 1 for 1 spells, value creatures, chainers edict doing lilianas role as an edict machine, and a big dumb beater in angler).
If you wanr something grindy but closer to old twin lists, try UR control. Even without a combo its a pretty powerful deck.
If you wanr something grindy no other format has, try kuldotha decks (boros is currently better than jeskai thanks to rally the peasants and battle screech).
>>
File: PauperElves 001 (Large).jpg (843KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperElves 001 (Large).jpg
843KB, 2304x1728px
>>
>>52255025
Kuldotha decks are weird and baffle me to this day. They are so clunky and grindy - it seems there is no way they should work.

But they do.
>>
Any Tortured Existence players thinking of adding Mortician Beetle to their decks?
>>
File: peepee.jpg (35KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
peepee.jpg
35KB, 780x438px
>Listening to Drake's new album
>Tell girlfriend of 2 years to listen to this
>Says she doesn't have spotify
>Tell her to use her free month
>She already did
>Tell her no one pays for music yeah, but it's worth 10 bucks, also you get spotify for a month so it's not like it's a bad deal (I don't want to explain not how to download viruses to her)
>She says no
>I tell her that I was a salesman hired by Drake 2 years ago to have her download Spotify when his album came out, and I have failed, (it was more elaborate than that but I don't feel like typing it all out)
>I had failed, so I can't talk to her anymore
>She says, "Good"
>Haven't talked to her in 3 days
Am I autistic?
>>
>>52255282
Yes, but not because of your story, you're autistic for posting it in the pauper general. Shit posting belongs in the modern thread.
>>
>>52255266
they have insane mid/late game. hella removal, half your draws cycle, evasive threats
>>
really into this RG tokens list
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/584013#paper
the creator has been posting videos of their tournaments and it looks pretty impressive
that was before BTE, i'm about to test it on xmage to see how it runs
>>
>>52255744
Let us know, anon. Glhf
>>
>>52255790
playing UG threshold and they just turned the corner. sprout swarm with buyback is the big late-game plan, interested to see how well i can hold on. BTE definitely pushes you toward trying to win on turn 4-5
>>
>>52255744
Looks solid. I really really want to try it! Actually I think I have all the cards laying around.
>>
>>52256184
just went 2-1, lost to some misplays with thermo alchemist. once you have nettle sentinel, sprout swarm and alchemist up you're hitting 2 uncounterable per turn and making huge walls.
>>
File: download.jpg (14KB, 309x163px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14KB, 309x163px
Built a GR aggro list for when BTE and Magma Jet are legal. It held up against infect pretty well.

https://deckstats.net/decks/31206/681377-gruul-zoo/en
>>
>>52204784
nimble mongoose. that is all.
>>
I'm planning out a RG landfall deck. I'll post a list up on tapped out once I've done some tinkering.
>>
>>52247140
emmissary, bushwhacker, wild mongrel, horned kavu, rancor, bolt
then season the rest for taste
>>
>>52255266
>no way they should work

8 bolts, flying threats, value draw, rally the peasants is insane with 6 mana and 3 unblocked attackers.
>>
File: greenblack deck.png (41KB, 640x515px) Image search: [Google]
greenblack deck.png
41KB, 640x515px
Hey /mtg/ so I tried making a deck, which I haven't bothered doing in a while. Just getting back into MTG since I haven't played in like 5 years. Not going for standard/competitive. This is a green/black deck, which I was trying to piece together with mostly elves. Ideally I'd like to be able to do a shitton of lifesteal off black and get the growth benefits from green, but I'm not sure if I did this right. Any recommendations are welcome.
>>
>>52257165
Not pauper/10
>>
>>52257210
Shit my bad, didn't realize this was /pauper/. Just hopped on the first MTG thread I saw when browsing.
>>
What do y'all think of Pauper Living End? SB plan includes reanimating a quick cycler, and destroying that fuckin Relic

// 60 Maindeck
// 25 Creature
4 Pit Keeper
4 Crypt Rats
3 Viscera Dragger
3 Deadshot Minotaur
3 Monstrous Carabid
4 Street Wraith
1 Krosan Tusker
3 Fume Spitter

// 13 Instant
4 Songs of the Damned
2 Grisly Salvage
1 Moment's Peace
4 Gnaw to the Bone
2 Pulse of Murasa

// 20 Land
3 Forest
1 Mountain
6 Swamp
4 Jungle Hollow
4 Ash Barrens
2 Bloodfell Caves

// 2 Sorcery
2 Consume Spirit

// 15 Sideboard
// 8 Instant
SB: 3 Snuff Out
SB: 4 Natural State
SB: 1 Moment's Peace

// 7 Sorcery
SB: 2 Shrivel
SB: 1 Gleeful Sabotage
SB: 4 Exhume
>>
>>52257149
He probably means the kitty engine of playing useless artifacts just for the card draw and return them to your hand. When I first saw the list I also thought no fucking way that shit works. Only after playing with/against it you realize how well it works.
>>
>>52255744
I like it. Not a fan of the Mogg War Marshal without a haste source however, even if it procs Essence Warden thrice.
Does it run too fast for Saproling generators?
>>
>>52259053

well, prism isn't all that useless, especially in the old UWR variant. And even now, color fixing is useful.
I'm running a slightly different build for it, since I don't have battle screech irl, so I'm running with renegades (and chromatic star to enable a faster renegade/hawk/goblins):

4 countless gears renegade
4 glint hawk
4 kor skyfisher
4 thraben inspector

1 chain lightning
3 kuldotha rebirth

4 galvanic blast
4 lightning bolt
2 rally the peasants

3 chromatic star
3 ichor wellspring
3 prophetic prism

2 oblivion ring

2 ancient den
3 boros garrison
1 forgotten cave
4 great furnace
1 mortuary mire
2 plains
2 secluded steppe
4 wind-scarred crag

sb:
2 celestial flare
1 crimson acolyte
2 electrickery
1 humble
2 lone missionary
4 molten rain
3 pyroblast

I should be running 4 ancient den, but I only had 2 lying around.
>>
How do we break Mortician Beetle?
Anon posted http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/do-atogs-dream-of-electric-thopters/ recently and swapping them in for Myr Enforcers loses a bit of Affinity work but doubles down on making huge creatures strategy.
>>
Pauper Saprolings... Good or shit?
>>
>>52262482
Post a list. I'm not too familiar with them.
>>
>>52255282
the album came out last night autist
>>
>>52257149
>>52259053
>He probably means the kitty engine of playing useless artifacts just for the card draw and return them to your hand
Yeah, I meant this. Casting a useless 2 mana artifact which you then bounce to get value? Clues? Card draw my ass.

Except it actually works despite how awkward it seems. Flying threats and burn spells are of course nice in any scenario.
>>
>>52256434
Please do. I really like the concept and crop rotation gives some sweet tricks, but I haven't been able to balance a list thus far.
>>
>>52260740
sorry, i was away
nettle sentinels make sprout swarm a 3 mana repeatable token generator, 2 mana past the first cast. i'm having a hard time with balancing offense and building out the board.

here's the lists creator playing an earlier version, who knows the deck very very well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKbyqo7JQR4&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>52264340
>I completely forgot crop rotation was common
This changes everything.
>>
>>52264611
> i'm having a hard time with balancing offense and building out the board
I see you have dragon fodder instead of nest invaders. The 2/2 can be fine on offense, being able to attack into sea gate oracles or 2/2s where the goblins are just eaten alive. It is more stats overall too, 2/3 vs 2/2. Finally running few 2+ thoughness creatures will make your board too soft to electrickery and opponent's tokens.

You also don't run living totem. Everyone seems to cut it from their brews. Believe me, that card is helpful.
>>
>>52262375
I was thinking aristocrats:

4 carrion feeder
4 doomed traveler
4 mortician beetle
4 countless gears renegade
4 squadron hawk
4 falkenrath noble

4 chainer's edict
4 reckless abandon
4 wrangle

2 bonesplitter

+ lands

just a quick list, off the top of my head
>>
>>52268546
also not sure about squeezing red in there. I like the idea of wrangle + sac outlets though.
>>
>>52268564
Red is good senpai.
Bolts and now bte
>>
I made a discord server for anyone interested in talking mtg

https://discord.gg/5uJnVet

feel free to join or not
>>
File: 1488654686473.gif (2MB, 423x234px) Image search: [Google]
1488654686473.gif
2MB, 423x234px
>>52255282
Sounds like a good joke, you probably didn't execute it right is all. Good luck gracefully getting out of this self-induced silence though dude.

But really this is not the place for this, don't talk to me either.
>>
Was inspired by this thread to finally put together a list for pauper. The format looks like great fun. Here's what I came up with.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/m-a-g-a-t-r-a-i-n/
>>
>>52266551
yeah, i *think* the list i'm looking at is a modification by the user who was posting the videos with nest invader and living totem. not sure if this is a change that user came up with over time or if it's someone else entirely.
i definitely agree with what you're saying, in the games i've seen totem is a house when it comes to protecting a warden or giving a 1/1 the ability to attack through faeries
>>
>>52270359
at first look the manabase is pretty greedy—you're aiming for a t1 ardent recruit/thraben inspector, t2 reckless fireweaver, t3 etherium sculptor. the double blue for counterspell in the sideboard seems kind of risky and the triple white for unmake nearly impossible on 4 white sources + drum.
prophetic prisms might be a good idea to smooth things out a little more.

golem foundry also looks a little slow to me and 3x aradara express seems like far too many.
maybe cut an aradara and 2 golem foundries, add 2 prophetic prisms and a fourth drum?
Thread posts: 232
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.