[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assuming I'm putting in some alt history where America doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1479597507798.jpg (952KB, 2000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1479597507798.jpg
952KB, 2000x2500px
Assuming I'm putting in some alt history where America doesn't fracture from the British empire, but instead amalgamates with Canada into some kind of superstate, what would be a credible plot thread for late colonial, early industrial era ?

And that would require a weaker French presence there, I think.

France vs England 2; electric boogaloo?
>>
>>
>>52197808
PCs are agents hired by the national intelligence agency to start a war in Mexico so their nation can interfere and rob them blind.
>>
>>52197808
France and Spain might try to arm Florida, Louisiana, Mexico quite vigorously with a Unified British empire in North America
>>
>>52198078

This is the correct answer.

Suddenly, with a much stronger North American Union, the Spanish colonies to the south might be less eager to declare independence. Mexico still probably rebels, though. And gets spanked so ultra-bad that they join up with the North-American superstate.

Napoleon still probably gets crushed. But this probably results in a South-to-Central American superstate.
>>
>>52197808
Super states break free and start BTFOing the european powers
Whether PCs are super state agents trying to fuck up europeans or european agents trying to uproot

the super states is up to you
>>
>>52198253
>>52198364
The United American Empire. Spanning from Alaska all the way down to the tip of South America. Out of the way Old World, New World coming through.
>>
>>52197808
So basically the Code Geas setting?
>>
File: 1441327678437.jpg (20KB, 296x418px) Image search: [Google]
1441327678437.jpg
20KB, 296x418px
>>52198541
Elaborate
>>
File: tumblr_nun6nf2gP81roqv59o1_500.png (531KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nun6nf2gP81roqv59o1_500.png
531KB, 500x500px
>>52198659
Long story short
>Washington's rebellion fails
>Napoleon invades Britain (probably because the navy is divided between Europe and America)
>The royal family of Britain flees to America, dubs it Britannia
>Napoleon gets killed during/after his invasion of Russia, the EU is formed
>200 years later we have the Code Geass story

You actually see hints to this in the series itself. At the start of the series the UK isn't part of Britannia, and in R2 Schneizel refers to having made peace with France specifically.
>>
>>52198889
>That pic
Good guy Napoleon.
>>
>>52197808
>And that would require a weaker French presence there, I think.

You'd think wrong.

The French presence in NA is what kept the Colonies loyal in the 1st place. When the French were finally kicked out, the UK and Colonies were fighting TWELVE years later.

So, France does marginally better in the SYW/FIW or doesn't trade all of Quebec for a single Caribbean sugar island in the peace talks. The Colonies stay loyal(ish) via fear and the UK, rather than forbidding Trans-Allegheny land grabs, actively encourages the same to "outflank" French Canada.

Time moves on, budgetary & other problems still spark the French Revolution, nasty shit goes down in Paris, and Europe goes to war. The UK, as it always does, fights on the margins and Canada is finally conquered.

Whether Napoloen or someone like him arises doesn't matter. Europe's been fighting general wars every 20 years or so since the mid 1600s so another big war is "due".

UK/NA is still going to grab New Orleans because, absent the Erie canal, the Mississippi & Ohio rivers are the best way to link the Trans-Allegheny lands to the rest of the world. (continued)
>>
>>52199686

Central & South America is another question. There is no successful American revolution which, believe it or not, inspired a lot of people during the era. There may not be the invasion & occupation of Spain which help destroy the authority of the monarchy in the Americas. Unlike what actually happened, the UK may not feel the need to instigate, support, and defend revolutionary uprisings in C & S America.

Trans-Mississippi is going to be tough. There's no hot potato swapping of what we call the Louisiana Purchase between Spain & France nor Napoleon's need for ready cash. The UK/NA settlers are still going to be land hungry and the region is claimed rather than settled.

Any future gold rush which would "pull" the UK/NA to the Pacific is even murkier. Mexico is Mexico: lazy, corrupt, religious, & stupid. Despite owning California for centuries, they've done little but baptize Injuns. For example, what would become San Francisco wasn't founded until July 4th, 1776.

The people settling around Sacramento ranching and farming in the 1830s & 40s aren't Mexicans, they're Europeans & Americans. Sutter of Sutter's Mill was Swiss. Monks squatting in coastal missions preaching to natives engaged in subsistence agriculture aren't going to find gold.

A later discovery of gold could give you the plot you need with a rush of miners/settlers coming into barely settled California from the UK/NA while Spanish Mexico tries to control the madness. Look at what the gold & diamond rush did to the independent Boer Republics in South Africa during the 1880s & 90s.
>>
>>52198889
>Napoleon ordered 10 days of mourning for Washington
Hm. I...didn't realize Washington had any sort of relevance to non-Americans.

How do Euros see ole George anyway?
>>
>>52199963
Ooooh, California gold rush.

I can work with that
>>
>>52200420
dumb American detected
>>
>>52200873
>asks a legit question
>dumb American
How's the poo in your loo these days, Kraut?
>>
>>52197808

So wait, the US merges with Canada and becomes an India-tier large holding in the British Empire, or merges with Canada as an independent state?

>>52200420

Anon pls. There was a period of 20 or so years when France was unironically our greatest ally. We were on good terms with the monarchy due to them lending us a hand against the Teaniggers and were on very good terms with early Revolutionary France due to being the only two monarchless democracies out there.

There's a very good reason that the Royal Navy started wrecking our shipping and impressing our sailors - we were the only cunt in the western world that was sending goods to Revolutionary France.
>>
>>52200420
>Hm. I...didn't realize Washington had any sort of relevance to non-Americans.

George III met the American painter Benjamin West in 1783 after the Treaty of Paris had been signed. George asked West what Washington would do now that the war was over and West told him of Washington's plans to retire back to Mount Vernon. George III then said:

"If he does that, he will be the greatest man in the world."

While in exile in on St. Helena, Napoleon complained several times to his attendants that "They wanted me to be another Washington."

>>52200860
>Ooooh, California gold rush.

Yeah, just make it happen during the 1870s or 80s instead of the 1840s. That ways you'll have early industrial "toys" like railroads, ironclads, telegraphs, breechloaders, revolvers, etc. to play with.
>>
>>52200983
Oh, I know about his historical importance. I was more talking about how modern Europeans see him, if they care at all.
>>
>>52201046
>I was more talking about how modern Europeans see him, if they care at all.

Who cares what modern Europeans think? They're all too busy committing suicide by immigration.
>>
>>52201367
I like to hear what other people think about things, especially important things, and my country is important to me.
>>
>>52201805
Washington is kind of a meme, depending who you ask

He was an awful battlefield commander, but an amazing politician, and great at inspiring his men

also good at logistics and forming lines of retreat.

Which is good, because he did a lot of that, because he was an AWFUL battlefield commander.
>>
I HAVE A BETTER IDEA OP

PARTISANS SUCCESSFULLY RESCUE NAPOLEON WITH A SUBMARINE (THIS WAS PLANNED) AND ESCAPE WITH HIM TO MEXICO

SHIT GETS REAL
>>
>>52200983
Have you forgotten about the XYZ Affair and the Quasi War?
>>
>>52197808
They're going to fracture at some point. That, or the British capital is going to have to move. I just can't possibly believe they'll last long enough for functional trans-oceanic representative government.
>>
>>52203115
Just like how India totally broke off because having the center of govt. so far away was untenable right?
>>
>>52201868
>awful battlefield commander
Yeah, even as an American I have to admit he was pretty shitty at fighting. Still, he did at least have insane good luck while he fought. 7 Years War he had multiple horses shot out from under him, and they found 4 bullet holes in his coat. Not a scratch on him. The Natives basically thought he was magic, or some kind of spirit.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.