[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 40

File: IMG_1692.jpg (189KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1692.jpg
189KB, 850x1133px
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition

>Final 3E Core Release
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>3E Backer Core (Old)
https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

What's the best Caste/Aspect of each exalt type and why?
>>
>>52194517
This image offends SJW writers.

Delete thread please.
>>
File: IMG_1663.jpg (72KB, 564x1007px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1663.jpg
72KB, 564x1007px
Also! I posted last thread but it died a little after. I need art for a Lunar NPC, was thinking tiger totem but anything that would fit a female full moon Lunar is appreciated!
>>
File: IMG_1665.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1665.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>52194534
>Slut-shaming
>>
File: 1460447718499.jpg (548KB, 528x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1460447718499.jpg
548KB, 528x1416px
>>
>>52194575
Consider yourself excommunicated from Exalted. - Holden
>>
So has anyone actually tried out Clutch of Dragons? I just started reading the charmsets the other day. What does everyone do for DB's in general?
>>
File: 1b8664233ad16d567fdca80dadf86de2.jpg (389KB, 1133x800px) Image search: [Google]
1b8664233ad16d567fdca80dadf86de2.jpg
389KB, 1133x800px
>>52194558

Can you be more specific than "Tiger"?
>>
Any caste that isn't the respective warrior caste because they're an instant red flag that a character is going to be no more interesting than "He's the best samurai in the whole world" or "He's a minotaur with an axe".
>>
File: 1354773410779.jpg (130KB, 1000x452px) Image search: [Google]
1354773410779.jpg
130KB, 1000x452px
>>52195031

Now that I think about it, I do have a certain amount of difficulties coming up with good backstories and motivations for warrior types. What good backstories and motivations have you seen for them?
>>
>>52195031

But what if I don't wanna play a social character or a smart character? That leaves either Night or Dawn.
>>
Integrity supernal Zenith caste with a defining intimacy of "all people should adamantly uphold their principles".

Going to make this campaign very interesting.
>>
>>52195031
Maybe not the best in the world (I mean, provably wrong as long as you're Essence 1 and the canon sues still exist, but "He's the best X he's ever met" is pretty much a requirement for any Solar fighter. Solars excel, and lethal combat leaves little room for meeting people who excel harder than you do.

That said, one- or no-armed dude with a grudge against Fire Immaculates sounds like a concept that needs little more in the way of further explanation.

Actually, that sounds sort of interesting. Presumably No Arms Warrior is a Brawl master since there's no Capoeira Martial Art in this setting, which is a MASSIVE oversight given how many slaves this setting has. Seriously, Snake Style assumes you have arms. You fucked up, setting, you fucked up.

Rather than accept life as a pitiful crippled person, Buki Nashi (thanks, google translate!) decided to train to an excessive level, because even if you wanted to get away from anime in this setting you're still playing a fucking Solar, you have to excel at something. Not sure at what point you add exaltation to that, but regardless, someone's getting kicked so hard they explode at the end of it.

Also, it's possible that Buki's anima banner involves lots of arms that join in with combat. The phrase ORAORAORAORA comes to mind.
>>
File: 1470949794554.png (288KB, 900x755px) Image search: [Google]
1470949794554.png
288KB, 900x755px
Are there other Exalted streams than Exaltwitch?
>>
Has anyone had any experience with using any homebrew/converted Sidereal Martial Arts in Ex3? is there any that you'd reommend?
>>
File: 1463872376121.jpg (24KB, 400x506px) Image search: [Google]
1463872376121.jpg
24KB, 400x506px
>>52196429
>Exaltwitch
cancer
and no
>>
>>52197674

Different anon, haven't seen Exaltwitch. What's wrong with it?
>>
>>52195140
>A warlord who plans on settling a feud with her dragon-blooded older brother by conquering their homeland and killing him in a duel to the death.
>A former slave soldier obsessed with the idea of purpose who wants to sever himself from the bitter karma of war.
>A martial philosopher who wants to find an art allowing a mortal to awaken Essence so he can teach it to his followers and create a nation of enlightened swordmasters.
>A bandit lord who's risen up from dirt-eating poverty and wants to plunder the vaults of Heaven.
>>
>>52195140

Warlord that wants to unify war torn region (that is full of infighting)
Conqueror that wants to crush North and rule it
Wanderer that yearns for great deeds that will be told by poets and bards in millennia to come (Labours of Hercules)
>>
>>52172918

vance seems good
>>
>>52194517
>tfw no player will ever play this character in one of my games
>>
>>52198713
>>52198916

Thanks, seeing you guys keeping the warrior/warlord concept puts me at ease with my former mob enforcer trying to go straight.
>>
>>52194558
do an alligator snapper
>>52195558
swaying grass is gone?
>>
>>52195140
Warrior that wants to set up a home for discontinued soldiers of all nations to live out the ends of their lives in relative peace.
>>
>>52194517

air but all dbs are good anyway, zenith, changing/full moon, defiler/slayer/fiend, day, journeys/secrets.
>>
>>52195140
I played

>Sociopathic Nexus mercenary general trying really, really hard to understand the whole "other people having actual worth and feelings and meaning and shit" thing, all while having a history of atrocities that would make Pol Pot blanch and a reputation to match

He kept saving cities and slaying monsters and winning battles and then having people go "wait, you're... HIM?". It was completely bloody brilliant. The circle's Night ended up being his moral center and he semi-adopted the teenage Eclipse, since being a big ol' fag himself he had none of his own.
>>
>>52199211
Mob enforcer gone straight sounds fine. In general, a good backstory doesn't have to be an unusual backstory. A warrior being a warrior is fine, the main thing is to have the character be more than his role.
>>
File: twilightkamen.png (198KB, 546x500px) Image search: [Google]
twilightkamen.png
198KB, 546x500px
So I saw this pic related and wondered, would it be possible to do kamen rider style armor and powers in exalted?
>>
>>52203130
Yeah! I pretty much took only Evocations for my (somewhat overpowered, Artifact 5) armor and gave myself a Henshin.
>>
>>52203130

Depends on the Kamen Rider

Could be something like if you have an intimacy of Justice or are executing justice on behalf of someone, you get a bonus to damage (and a small scenelong boost to damage each time it's used to some maximum [Essence]). Another one could be getting bonus soak against the unjust, villainous, or monster-of-the-week
>>
>>52194770
Currently in a DB game using it, seems good so far.
>>
>>52203130
What part of the Kamen Rider style are you referring to?

If you want to punch monsters for the sake of justice, you can do that with pretty much any character type, especially a Solar warrior or a Dragon-Blooded monk.

If you want to punch monsters with powers that came from the same evil force that created the monsters, then you can do that as an Abyssal or Infernal Exalted easily. Probably Infernal; the Abyssals are cursed and will have to endure a lot of hardships if they fight against the forces of Oblivion, but Infernals are pretty much designed so that they can go rogue with minimal consequences.

If you mean punching monsters as an armored bugman, that should be easy to do with artifacts or a Deadly Beastman Transformation.

If you mean punching monsters in several different forms that can be swapped and combined, then that seems to be a thing that Infernals do with Shintai charms.
>>
File: tumblr_ocft79ycIR1rwqqmzo1_1280.jpg (477KB, 886x1181px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocft79ycIR1rwqqmzo1_1280.jpg
477KB, 886x1181px
>>52195140
After a lengthy discussion here some months ago, I played an infernal from a DB Great House.

Both parent were DB. She had a twin sister with which she shared everything when they grew up. She always was the most well behaved of both, always working hard at martial arts and occult lessons, while her twin sister never amounted to anything... until one day, her twin exalted as a terrestrial. And the following years, she didn't.

Neither the years that followed it. Neither all the years after.

In three years she went from being the family's pet to an embarrassment, while her twin came back with awesome powers. With each passing year she smiled, said that she would do everything her family told her, follow her arranged marriage to some second rate mortal Dynast, and died a little inside.

Her parents weren't even that pitiful about it, and her twin was still behaving like a friend each time she came back with incredible tales, but she had failed at life. Again and again, every day she saw her failure in everything, and nothing more than her own face.

At 40, when she saw what she had become in the mirror, and her twin visited, looking not older than 20, she decided to kill her. She put the strongest poison she knew into her sister's tea... thoughts of dying tomorrow when she would be discovered tracing in her mind. For her, it was worth it. At least she would do something, even if it is only killing and be killed in return.

Her sister didn't even feel the poison. She had some bad dreams and a bout of fever, and came back as good as ever in the morning.

That's when TED found her. He didn't need to do a lot of convincing.
>>
File: 1471076949819.png (159KB, 332x221px) Image search: [Google]
1471076949819.png
159KB, 332x221px
>>52204441
>>
File: 1461825378169.jpg (33KB, 600x566px) Image search: [Google]
1461825378169.jpg
33KB, 600x566px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46xPrAMGS84
>>
File: 1487437037930.png (250KB, 315x950px) Image search: [Google]
1487437037930.png
250KB, 315x950px
>>52204627
talking about Exalted, 3e, tRPGs in general, and their experiences with 3e so far
>>
>>52204441

I like it
>>
What anime are good examples of Exalted games? Kill la Kill feels like it could actually be set in Creation it fits so perfectly.
>>
>>52206559
It's not strictly anime, but Thunderbolt Fantasy is what made me want to play Exalted
>>
>>52206559
avatar had a huge influence on how I picture dragonbloods(fire nation mostly) and aang's bullshit felt like a heavily watered down solar of the party, sokka was their token heroic mortal(like they had averaged the powerlevels a bit so the gap didn't ruin the story of a cross-splat circle)
>>
File: invisible horse.webm (1MB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
invisible horse.webm
1MB, 576x720px
training for hidden horse style
>>
>>52206784
>>52206784 (You)
speaking of avatar...the end sucked ass. Firenation was just "Cartoon evil nazis" with no greater motivation to make the avatar's circle unambiguously the good guys, zuko never actually stopped being a little bitch but happened to flop on the hero's side at the end which was bizarrely treated like the completion of a character growth arc, and zuko's sister just got fucked with for no reason. the whole "i go crazy asdoasdfophldslhd!" thing just felt like a disservice to her character and the writing up to that point....all of which of course only contributed to it feeling like a game of exalted. it even had the random unaddressed plot hooks like zuko's mom and that part where the circle just dicks around for awhile when they were looking for the flying yack. also toph's 'suddenly wwe' backstory felt exactly like when you add a player partway through. she even has a blindness flaw to gain bp. and the owl's library episode felt like something my circle would have done.
>>
>>52206854
which makes legend of korra an 'exalted shards' game
>>
>>52206854
>zuko's sister just got fucked with for no reason

Ok this one is just wrong though. She was a massive daddy's girl who got 'promoted' to regency 2 seconds before the post was rendered a powerless figurehead position and the only two friends she's ever had stabbed her in the back
>>
>>52194534
>>52194709

What if it was the other two instead?
>>
Honest question, I'm new to Exalted general. Who is who on the Exalted dev team? Which ones suck and which ones don't? Just the general popular opinion and why, I keep hearing people talk shit about Holden, but what did he do exactly?
>>
>>52207086
>>52207189
>>52172918

>The rumor I heard is that Holden and Morke are choosing to step down as lead devs. 3E will continue, probably with Minton and Vance in charge.

>I mean I could be dead wrong but it sounds like what is going to be announced over the next few weeks.
>>
File: 362333b858a838c2575c86413ad88566.jpg (201KB, 821x1200px) Image search: [Google]
362333b858a838c2575c86413ad88566.jpg
201KB, 821x1200px
>>52194534
u wot m8
>>
>>52207189
Holden is best known for being incapable of conducting himself in a public forum. Holden's name would not be the punchline it is to the Exalted playerbase now had he just kept his mouth shut.
>>
>>52208991

Remember that time he said why he wouldn't give XP based alternative chargen? The amount of contempt for his audience is unreal.
>>
>>52194558
>>
File: forscience.jpg (181KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
forscience.jpg
181KB, 750x1000px
What exactly are the requirements in 3e for building artifacts?

I know that magitech has a specific skill, and requires Craft(artifacts) to get, but what do I build artifacts out of? Anything? Do I need magical materials? If I make artifact boots, do I roll craft-leather or craft-artifacts?

Is there a guide for this? I don't think the rulebook covered it very well.
>>
>>52208269
exalted art is so ridiculous, especially if holden and onyx path wanted to be sjw
>>
>>52209279
To be fair, that particular piece was buried and forgotten AFTER they printed and published it
>>
>>52209024
And the reason everyone remembers that is a perfect example of why Holden's name is the punchline it is now. If he had just said that the dev team didn't have any plans for alternative chargen systems at the moment, no one would've cared. People would've been disappointed for a little while, but in the same way that people are disappointed whenever a bad design decision gets left in a game for seemingly no reason other than legacy. This is disappointing, but not unexpected.

Instead, Holden said "We have a policy of not giving people bad rules they think they want." It's that kind of foot-in-mouth incident that makes people remember Holden.
>>
File: Smith.jpg (329KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
Smith.jpg
329KB, 700x512px
>>52209278

You need magical materials, the 5 main MM are discussed from page 612. Exotic materials are also needed at your STs discretion (frozen flame, behemoth both, captured love of a Raksha noble, anything that would fit in in a high fantasy story). You're never told how much MM you need, because that's irrelevant, you could have a pure Orichalcum Daiklave take up less material than a Grand Grimcleaver due to the shape and composition of the latter. Jade is easy to get your hands on, it's used as currency in the Realm, so just dip into your Resources merit. Orichalcum can be made from gold if you can concentrate enough sunlight onto a forge that is heated by lava or magma, Soulsteel is steel + souls. Moonsilver and Starmetal are harder to come by, the latter moreso.

Making Artefacts, will require a roll of (Attribute + [Lower of Craft (Artifact) or the highest-rated most appropriate mundane Craft skill she possesses]). So if you've (Artefacts) 5 and (Leather) 1, you use Leather, so I hope you picked the broadest craft skills you can think of.

Remember, the ST decides what Attribute you roll as well, so he can just fuck you over by picking your lowest one. This is your cu to kick him in the nuts. He likely won't though, because the Craft rules are shit and chances are he'll replace it with homebrew or put you in charge of remembering how craft works.
>>
>>52207213
Sales have collapsed. As in nobody who didn't Kickstart it is buying it because the reviews were brutal. It got eviscerated even on rpg.net, which is usually super gentle with mods' games.
>>
>When the GM introduces your lunar mate into the story explicitly against your wishes
>As a plot central NPC

I don't know if the Red Rule was intended to be so broad, but I find myself starting a lot of sentences with "no my character actually doesn't feel that way".
>>
>>52209677

> It got eviscerated even on rpg.net, which is usually super gentle with mods' games.

I don't any reviews for it on RPG.net
>>
>>52209794

I don't tell you how to play your character, you do not tell me how I GM.

Now pick up those dice and roll to if you cry and if so, how hard.
>>
File: comradebutis.jpg (115KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
comradebutis.jpg
115KB, 960x719px
>>52209843
I mean the forums. Nobody's bothered to review it, which is another problem.
>>
>>52209870
>Implying I'm not integrity supernal and that I'm not going to make my next defining intimacy 'utter indifference to disgusting animal woman'

I'm going to wander the setting converting as many people as I possibly can to this philosophy.

People are going to consider having an opinion on this woman and they're going to feel a warm and reassuring presence telling them 'nah'.
>>
>>52209794
oh boi

I've introduced a lunar mate to my player as an out of the blue surprise but I left it up to the player how to react. You know, like a sane DM.
>>
>>52209962

I do not hear or see the dice.

Now start rolling before I do it for you.
>>
>>52210007

>integrity supernal

I autosucceed my check not to cry. In fact the Loom of Fate has been snarled by my refusal to cry, sending waves of indifference across time and space. My heart becomes the new Elemental Pole of Earth, drastically changing Creation's meteorology and ushering in extinction level famines across every Direction.
>>
>>52209534

Ok.

But how do I get the recipe for orichalcum? I don't recall seeing any 'make magical materials' charms outside of creating stuff out of nothing with wyld-shaping.
>>
>>52210047

Making it is a lost art, you'd have to get some preexisting materials from somewhere (or rediscover it. You're a fucking Twilight)
>>
>>52210000
It would be more accurate to say that, while he did leave the reaction to my discretion, he thought ahead far enough to make her too strong for me to kill at our current level.
>>
>>52210047

"Getting the recipe" would probably be a thing you can dedicate a whole story to. Whether it's excavating First Age ruins, negotiating with an ancient god, uncovering infernal secrets, etc.
>>
>>52210046
>When you just wanted to be Sam Vimes but accidentally became the Star Child

Fucking Integrity
>>
>>52210083

Well it sucks he didn't manage to get you invested in it in a manner other than wanting to kill the npc out of petulance. That wasn't intended to be a knock against you or the DM, I just didn't have a better wording. It doesn't sound like he did anything inherently wrong, you just didn't find the hook attractive. Obviously I wasn't actually there and don't have the whole story.
>>
>>52209677
That's blatantly untrue. 3E has gone platinum multiple times on drivethru, and it doesn't count KS sales. It was also the top seller during the GM's day sale. It's still in the top 10 seller's list.

Back up your statements please.
>>
>>52210475

Excuse me, but look where the fuck you are.

We don't need facts to back up our statements here. If we did, boards like /pol/ would vanish overnight.
>>
>>52209677
>>52210475
Further, the game seems to be generally well received on rpg.net, as well as a lot of other communities. Are you sure you're not confusing this with Beast or something?
>>
File: fe8c69bde1d8a484d9a5c263be287ac3.png (718KB, 890x1217px) Image search: [Google]
fe8c69bde1d8a484d9a5c263be287ac3.png
718KB, 890x1217px
>>52199006
You want someone to play a retarded short-tempered brown tomboy with a flamethrower fist?
>>
>>52210532
Well, smug anime girl images are perfectly good substitutes for actual proof.

But seriously, even I'm surprised at how well the game is selling. If nothing else it's selling better than anything else OPP is putting out.
>>
>>52210544
It's more likely he's confusing his imagination with the real world.
>>
>>52210613
....yes

I don't even know what that character is but that sounds fun. I love retarded characters with hot blood.
>>
>>52210617

>If nothing else it's selling better than anything else OPP is putting out.

Then Exalted is doomed.

Paradox hates Exalted, and to see that it's doing better than it's precious WoD series will make me wonder if they'll can it.
>>
>>52210697
Paradox has no interest in Exalted one way or another, and they will make their own WoD line.
>>
>>52210780

Exactly why they'll can it. It's because they have no interest in it that they won't hesitate to kill the line in order to refocus efforts on Dracula's One True Vision of WoD
>>
>>52210697
Considering they make licensing money off Exalted, I'd be deeply shocked if they decided to kill a game that was making them a bunch of free money out of spite. They're a company, making money is what they do.
>>
>>52210636
Bullet from BlazBlue
>>
>>52210820
But "Dracula's One True Vision of WoD" has next to nothing to do with OPP. It won't be somehting published by OPP. Why the hell would Exalted's popularity compared to other OPP products be relevant? How would canning Exalted help anyine refocus on the New Old Classic Paradox World of Darkness, whatever the hell it should be called?
>>
>>52210475
>drivethrurpg is the primary source for rpgs
whew lad

>>52210544
>the game seems to be generally well received on rpg.net
whew lad

>>52210697
>Paradox hates Exalted
The impression I got is they hate Exalted's players, not the game itself.

>>52210825
Paradox, notably, doesn't seem to operate on a pure margin basis. As they're a Swedish-listed company they actually don't have the same responsibility to stockholders that US-listed companies are under the impression they do.
>>
I still want a CK2 style game set in the Realm
>>
>>52211249
Drivethru is where almost all of OPP's sales come from, and while I agree that rpg.net is shit, the other guy was the one who brought up the claim that they hated it.
>>
>>52209024
what'd he say?
>>
>>52211333
"We won't give people bad rules just because they want them"
>>
>>52209278
is the gnome making her, summoning her, or rendering her for materials?
>>
>>52211279
I know drivethru is where almost all of OPP's sales come from.

But it does far less volume than even frpgames.com, let alone Amazon.

Trying to use drivethru to gauge anything is like comparing the water level in two different sized glasses. The results will be distorted.
>>
File: stares ice cubically.jpg (17KB, 480x514px) Image search: [Google]
stares ice cubically.jpg
17KB, 480x514px
>>52211343
Let this be a reminder to everyone that Holden is a gas station clerk in real life.
>>
>>52211375
The point is that even when we just compare OPP's products, which *is* much more reliant on drivethru, it is still outselling anything else they put out.

I don't buy the narrative that Exalted is failing, given that if that were true then everything OPP does is failing. At the very least, there's no evidence that it's not selling along with ample evidence that it is.
>>
>>52211375
However, considering that the original claim was that "nobody who didn't Kickstart it is buying it because the reviews were brutal", figures from drivethru are pretty damn relevant as they show that the anon making that claim was full of shit. That there are other, bigger marketplaces for RPGs doesn't matter, that people buy Ex3 in the place where OPP primarily does its business is what matters.
>>
>>52209534
>made from gold

doesn't it have to be special extra pure gold and dragonbloods control and guard mines that produce it?
>>
>>52211426
>everything OPP does is failing
Are you asserting this isn't true? OPP is literally a parasite struggling to survive off the corpse of White Wolf.
>>
>>52211433
I haven't seen any "brutal review" either beyond shitposts on Sufficient Velocity either
>>
>>52211410
>>52211343

Honestly that's not a bad answer if he's actually right and was able to prove it. From where I'm standing there's no real reason for it though and he's just talking out of his ass. Maybe it's intended that characters start off as idiot savants with one thing they're supernaturally amazing at and then slowly picking up entry dots in other skills with Solar XP while using all your normal XP on Supernal charms? That sounds retarded.
>>
>>52211493
Given their deluxe Kickstarters still pull in about six figures on average, I'd assert that there is still clearly a demand for their products.
>>
>>52211493
OPP is actually putting out products people want and like. How the hell is this being a parasite?
>>
>>52211354
Could be any of the three. My first thought was the culmination of a sorcerous working to create a servant of some sort.
>>
>>52211503

SV is pretty much the only forum you can actually criticize Exalted 3e on without being yelled down by mobs fanboys.
>>
>>52211667
It's an Earthscorpion/Aleph echo chamber and made up of people banned from other communities already. Even SA, while some people were critical, never acted as self-righteous or as disingenuous as SV. It's still possible to discuss the game there, instead of circlejerking over Kerisgame
>>
>>52211524
>Honestly that's not a bad answer
Spoken like someone who has never had a job.
>>
>>52211711
>Earthscorpion/Aleph
Two objectively awful human beings.

But still better than Holden/Morke.

Because they're at least reasonably good at game design.
>>
>>52211757
Is that why Earthscorpion's homebrew keeps tick combat and he keeps bragging about how the combat system is so painful that he uses Join Battle rolls as a threat?
>>
>>52211757
>write shitty homebrew that a handful of SV circlejerkers like
>write a mega platinum bestselling RPG with 4-5 star reviews across the board
yeah clearly ES/Aleph are the better designers here
>>
>>52210613
How is she retarded?
>>
>>52211812
They're also a model of civil interaction, and the Exalted devs should emulate SV's posting style.

lmao
>>
File: richtsayshedoesntwantyourmoney.jpg (180KB, 529x397px) Image search: [Google]
richtsayshedoesntwantyourmoney.jpg
180KB, 529x397px
>>52211812
>writing the sequel to an already-popular game
>writing a new game
these are equal to your mind?
>>
>>52211492

Just regular gold. The gold that DBs control and guard is actual Orichalcum, which can sometimes, rarely, be mined from mountains, plateaus, and other elevated places.
>>
>>52211711

>circlejerking over Kerisgame

Do I want to know what this is?
>>
>>52211858
>writing a shitty Ex2 knockoff
>creating a new system from basic principles that captures the feel of old Storyteller games while doing combat and social influence in revolutionary ways never seen before in the RPG industry
I don't see your argument.
>>
>>52211893
Aleph and Earthscorpion's Infernals game that everyone there keeps squeeing over uncritically.
>>
>>52210613
Yeah. Hit me up and we'll play something, alright?
>>
>>52211788

Joke's on him. I'm not even phased by tick based combat.
>>
>>52211928

That doesn't tell me what it's like. Got a link?
>>
>>52209962
>roam creation and spend every spare mote to make as many people as possible ignore the disgusting animal woman

i donno, that doesn't sound like "utter indifference" to me.

...you know, it says right in the fluff that you don't need to love or even like the mate, just that there is some form of strong connection. if I were gm I'd say you need to choose between the quest and the defining tie because if you made yourself so indifferent you wouldn't have bothered.

also I'm not sure you can even /have/ a defining tie of indifference. how can you strongly not feel something that's like a level zero intimacy by nature
>>
>>52212025
The game itself is whatever, the problem is that they just won't stop discussing it as nauseum in the Exalted thread over its own dedicated thread
>>
>>52209278
The Owl is what makes that image.
>>
>>52210047
it was a thaumaturgy in 2e I think
>>
>>52211827
I suppose "retarded" should be reserved for Taokaka and Bang. "Dense", then?

>>52211937
What? I ain't playing nothing, just asking
>>
>>52211959
It was one (of many) of the things that ruined 2E for me. I've run it for years, and I still don't know how to have people join battle in a fight already in progress.
>>
>>52210083
oh, that bit sounds reasonable. being stalked by the crazy werewolf ex is one of the things that bond is for. says so right on 1d4chan, would they lie? ;)
>>52210186
>kill the npc out of petulance

right, that's exactly how I was trying to think of it. thanks.

sounds like annon is being a bit of a baby and as much part of the problem as the dm
>>
>>52211858
Look, we get it, you have a crush on Aleph. Calm down, Earthscorpion's houseruled 2E doesn't even fix anything.
>>
>>52211343
But....he writes for exalted, that's exactly what he does.

Wonder exactly which ink monkey charms he worked on?
>>
>>52211354
I'm gonna go with "rendering her down for materials" the creepy little fuck
>>
>>52211343
>the time he was on somethingawful talking about the abyssal rapeghost leak and made such an ass of himself the mod banned him for his own sake
>>
>>52212447
3E works pretty well, actually
>>
>>52212485
The mod banned him because the fight calmed down considerably and he wanted to stir up some more shit.

Said mod was also 100% chill with the child porn in Strength of Many's avatar, to say nothing of the Aatrek shitstorm most SA posters would prefer to quietly bury while they fingerwag at us
>>
>>52209389

People had been asking for an alternative chargen system for a long time. This is not Holden responding to a single request with spontaneous bile, this was intended to be a dagger in the heart of this unceasing undying revenant corpse of a request that had been coming up for years.

If nothing else, it's proven a memorable reminder that Holden and co. have no intent of ever doing XP based character generation despite the clamor.

It certainly didn't serve to sway anyone one way or the other.
>>
>>52212607
He did give an off the cuff alternate system in that same thread, though

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?768985-Exalted-Why-is-Everyone-Praising-3e&p=19549203#post19549203

>Every 2 sessions you get a new caste/favored Charm or spell, of whatever sort you like.

>Every 3 sessions you get your choice of: a new un-favored Solar Charm; a Martial Arts Charm whether it's favored or not; a spell whether it's favored or not; an Evocation; a new Attribute dot; or a dot of Willpower.

>At the end of the first session and then every 2 sessions after that, you get an Ability dot; a merit dot; a specialty; or you can waive this gain twice in a row, and get one of whatever you want anywhere on the sheet instead, or to pay for any game-element that demands XP (like a sorcerous project).

>Essence goes up automatically as metered in the core at an assumption of 5 XP per session.

>That should very roughly line up with intended advancement rates. I suggest using it with the training times.
>>
>>52212539
It's really creepy how they have big up their ass about problematic rpg shit but won't stop fellating Lowtax even after he created a subforum ghetto "so he won't have to see black posters complain" and called it Negrotown.

And then only realized days later that, actually, it made him look like a racist.
>>
>>52212176

>I still don't know how to have people join battle in a fight already in progress.

Simple really

1) Decide when they'll join the battle (Generally as soon as they appear, whenever it be in stealth or kicking open the door)

2) Roll Join battle

3) Compare results to the highest JB roll result when combat first started. If the highest result was an 8 when combat first started and the newcomer rolls a 5, then he acts three ticks after first arriving.
>>
>>52195140

A general cast out by his nation after his Exaltation, but who still retains the loyalty and trust of the common soldiery.
>>
Looking for players!
>>
>>52214118

Punished Dawn?
>>
If I wanted to make a Night caste based off Batman, what would be the best way to do it? Investigation supernal to be the best detective? Social to grab a persona to be Bruce Wayne when necessary? Craft supernal for all the gadgets?
>>
>>52214177
From a mechanical perspective, Stealth is strong as fuck.

>Caste: Athletics, Investigation, Awareness, Stealth, Socialize

>Favored: Brawl, Thrown, Dodge, Craft, Larceny
>>
>>52211433

Even if it was true, the kickstarter alone was almost three-quarters of a million. For a cottage industry like tabletop RPGs, even if they didn't make a single additional sale, that'd probably be considered successful.
>>
>>52214177
>>52214288

I wouldn't say that picking up craft is a good idea unless you're going all in, because the system demands that to make the most of craft, you must use it constantly. Pick up Integrity instead maybe, protects your intimacies from monologuing villains.
>>
>>52214143

For what type of game?

You didn't mention the edition, the direction, or even the game pitch.

>>52214177

You could do heavy socialize and make two personas, one being Batman and the other Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>52212390
I, er, don't. I find her pretty abhorrent. Same with EarthScorpion. I don't even particularly like their work.

But from a game design perspective it's superior in every way to what Morke and Holden shat out.
>>
>>52212539
>spotted someone banned from SA
You know we only ban people who couldn't contribute meaningfully to everyone's fun, right?

That means you're That Guy.
>>
> Synopsis of our first session, for those who are interested. Theme is Jason and the Argonauts in the West.

Three weeks out from their home port, Viviana - the perennially intoxicated lookout of the good ship Axis - spotted land. After convincing the captain the land was real, the Circle made landfall and discovered that the locals had a celebration prepared, and were in fact intending on taking the crew's oaths as citizens. Shortly after this, they found that the water in the harbour had solidified, trapping their boat in place.

Upon questioning the locals, they took a trip up the mountain to find the local shaman. After striking up a friendship with the shaman based on mutual exchange of narcotics, the Circle applied some of his mystic goop to their eyes, allowing them to see the local dragonlines, and trace them back to the sanctuary of Bahlufus, god of the island. Horatio presented himself to the god, and beseeched him to make himself manifest. Bahlufus did so, whereupon Marque cut in over Horatio's flowery speech, and presented the god with a deal - a handful of shiny pebbles for him to relax his grip on the ship, and give them passage to trade here. Bewitched by Marque's powers, the god eagerly acceded. He drew a symbol for the Circle, and declared any vessel so marked would have safe passage.
>>
>>52214456

Returning to the shore, the group first reassured the citizens that they were not there to smite them - the natives having seen a solar anima flare on the mountain top. This assurance provided, most of the Circle joined in the evening's carouse. Diego returned to the ship to forge a brand of a design specified by Bahlufus, and used that to mark the ship. Vivianna then stole the brand, and used it mark Tiny, Turning Tide's twenty-foot shark familiar, who is currently irked, and prowling the now-accessible harbour seeking whom he may devour.

The next day, Marque prevailed upon the natives to extend their offer of citizenship to the pioneers accompanying him on his voyage. Through legalistic chicanery, he slipped in a clause in the citizenship oath obliging the tribe to assist the colonists in their attempts to mine the island, and sanctified the oath with his anima.
>>
Is Hail Shattering Practice applicable to clash attacks?
>>
>>52214532

There is nothing to indicate it is not, so yes.
>>
>>52214532

Yes, it's even a prerequisite for All Sundering Strike, one of the most potent clashing charms in the game.
>>
>>52211249
>Paradox
>The impression I got is they hate Exalted's players, not the game itself.

Wait, when did Paradox or nu-WW say anything about Exalted or its playerbase?

I thought they were too busy trying to to shove a 90s-as-fuck franchise with an overwrought metaplot into the 2010s while all they said about OPP (and CofD ) was that "they do their thing, we do ours"
>>
>>52212025
Here anon
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_5CqA9T0dTMW7xvhRCz3uzOoHW-YKUD_kE-GeMNsJvE/pub
I drop it because I have no interesting in a lesbo
>>
>>52214970

Thanks, I don't see what's so special about it though? People really circle jerk over this?
>>
>>52214437
I still have an account. I'll probably focus more attention on it once Lowtax finishes the forums migration, which I am sure will happen any moment now.

But stop acting like it's some kind of promised land. After all this time, I can only see it as just one of the weirder, more drama obsessed, internet forums.
>>
>>52212607
>SOME People had been asking for an alternative chargen system for a long time.
ftfy

But seriously, give it a fucking rest, it's not even that big of a deal anymore with all the other changes they made to char-gen.

And I've been on the Exalted forums since 1e, I argued with people about the 'morality' of the Usurpation and all the other retarded shit. Shit, I remember a time when Holden was against 'craft-bloat'. I remember it because I was arguing with him about it, myself being one of the people who thought the reverse of giving everyone all crafts in a single skill was even more horrible. And frankly, it's clear that most of the hate toward Holden is based on nothing more than his lack of diplomacy. Which is to be expected when he's a nerd like us who got upgraded to being a developer.
>>
>>52215131
Enough to bombard every post about it with likes, yes.
>>
File: somanyposers.png (1MB, 479x1255px) Image search: [Google]
somanyposers.png
1MB, 479x1255px
So who has played Godbound with the numbers filed off?

How well does it play?

Is there anything we should know about the mechanics and how they interact with the setting?
>>
>>52215439
My issue with Godbound is that it brings back the issues with Perfect Attacks/Perfect Defenses 2E had. Basically you're in a race with your opponent to grind down their effort as quickly and efficiently as possible, and until then you're just fiating away each other's attacks.
>>
>>52214647
They mentioned it during some video a while talking about their games, a while back. I remember it cause play CK2, Stellaris, and a few others, so I check their stuff out once in a while. Frankly I keep forgetting that they bought out WW.

Anyway, Paradox actually generally cares about their video game fans, so I can't see them going out of their way to shit on the fans of WW products just because. Not to mention that they have a diverse enough portfolio of projects that I can't see them trying to show favoritism to one game over another either, for dumb reasons.

>>52211249
>The impression I got is they hate Exalted's players, not the game itself.
Yeah, Exalted players can be.. eccentric.

>they actually don't have the same responsibility to stockholders that US-listed companies
Also this just means they don't have to screw over their customers just to constantly line their own or their stockholder's pockets. I mean jesus christ "muh stockholders" is practically the excuse for every sleazy business deal ever.
>>
What happens if you combine Heaven Thunder Hammer or a similar effect with a Smashing attack?
>>
>>52214970

Without a doubt, this is far better than everything with Ex3
>>
File: 1351642910379.png (361KB, 875x639px) Image search: [Google]
1351642910379.png
361KB, 875x639px
>>52216461
>>
Can you activate One Weapon, Two Blows after a clash that wasn't on your turn?

>clash against a decisive
>second attack instacrashes the opponent
>kill them on your turn
>>
>>52217117

A flawed question; 1W2B only works after a withering attack, all clash charms are decisive. Clashing without a charm counts as your turn.

However, if you respond to an attack with Flashing Edge of Dawn, a uniquely withering counterattack, you can, by RAW, follow up with 1W2B.
>>
>>52210125
Who's the Star Child?
>>
>>52217234
Welp, I'm retarded.

On a semi-related note, what Charms should a Melee Supernal get out of chargen? I'm trying to figure out how deep I should go this early, and how much I should spread to other charmsets.
>>
>>52217287

Excellent Strike, Dipping Swallow Defence, and either 1W2B or fire and Stones Strike. Three of those four are the meat and potatoes of the charmset, that everyone one buying into Melee should get. After that you can branch out into alpha strikes, multi-attacks, counter-attacks, or defending others as you see fit.
>>
>>52217343
Any reason not to take one weapon and fire and stones?
>>
>>52217287

depends on what you want. absolute must-haves would be excellent strike, fire and stones strike, 1 weapon 2 blows and dipping swallow defence. id buy up to fivefold bulwark stance personally. after this, depends what you want. planning on flaring openly a lot? peony blossom is one of melee's best tools - its a free turn. IWA with the upgrade is amazing for wearing someone down and killing them. the counterattack and clash tree let you turn your defence into your offence - though at e1 your best tools for guaranteeing clash wins (RSS and HSP) arent that good, still theres a miracles charm to roll a clash twice and take the better result. other good charms to consider - call the blade to be immune to disarm, war lion stance to protect less competent allies, flashing edge of dawn to eviscerate every enemy present.
>>
>>52217375

No. They both gives you get power with very little buy in and open up large parts of the res of the charm tree. I will say that FSS scales with Strength, so if that's low, buy 1W2B first.
>>
>>52217375

If you're only going in melee for specific things (counterattacks, defend other) and have charms from other abilities that provide you base combat abilities.
>>
>>52217383

Don't forget, Omniscient focus Attack in Miracles lets you use Fervent Blow to clash attacks you're unaware of. Combine this with Summoning the Loyal Steel to reflexively draw your weapon so you can clash with ambushes.
>>
What's the maximum you should take in your supernal in chargen? I want more charms than I can afford as it is.
>>
>>52217432

There's no "maximum" just don't cripple yourself by focusing on just your supernal ability. I personally lean towards 9, leaving me with just a bit more than one third of my starting charms to spread out as I like.
>>
>>52217429

really good charm, though very situational. im mostly suggesting stuff thatll be good all the time. divine executioner stance, for instance, is fucking busted. that charm is straight up too strong and the only reason its acceptable is because to get the full benefit, something must be directly threatening a defining intimacy.
>>
>>52217472

How does that charm work? If I'm reading it right, you can't just use any intimacy that's been opposed. You first need t pay 6m to choose an intimacy to uphold, and only then can you start getting +(Intimacy) dice on everything.
>>
>>52217526

you're reading it right. its a simple that you can only activate in a specific condition - someone is directly threatening an intimacy. 1m for 2 dice isnt that great, but when you're - for instance - fighting a group of abyssals who are directly threatening someone you have a defining tie to, you get to pay 1m for 4 attack dice, 1 damage, 1 automatic level of damage, and (highest opposing intimacy) extra dice of damage. oh, and its uniform, and your decisive attacks become aggravated. it is utterly insane when the conditions are right.
>>
>>52217590

When they say "blighted creature" do they just mean creature of darkness?
>>
>>52217656

who knows? id interpret it that way, weird they wouldnt just say creatures of darkness though.
>>
>>52217668
They seem to be rather inconsistent with the wording, using creature of darkness for some charms but not others, but I don't see what else that could mean.
>>
>>52217668
>>52217685

Going over the core, "Creture of Darkness" is said 5 times but never defined.
>>
>>52217707

Another case of Holden assuming everyone knows 2e and the definition of things from previous editions.
>>
Is there any good build for Thrown that doesn't rely on Stealth?
>>
>>52217781

i wouldnt see it that way. a big part of 3e is getting away from the various godawful setting mistakes of 2e, its left vague to leave it up to STs to decide. which i dont overly agree with, but if the alternative is 2e, ill take it.
>>
Would an artifact shield that gave +1 parry on top of the medium weapon bonus be overpowered?
>>
>>52217798

awareness/dodge might have some good stuff? i haven't done thrown enough to know.
>>
>>52217892

Not likely. Crane form does that same for a 8m commitment (also counterattcks). Just make it an Evocation not an attunement bonus so that it counts towards the dice cap.
>>
>>52217284
A being from the 2001, a Space Odyssey novel
>>
>>52211667
>SV is pretty much the only forum you can actually criticize Exalted 3e on without being yelled down by mobs fanboys.
But there have been threads criticizing one aspect of Ex3 or another both on RPGnet and the OPP forum.
>>
>>52218871
And they manage to do it in a manner that's way more civil and a lot less passive aggressive.
>>
anybody feel like helping brainstorm infernal urges for various yozi? (examples like in the book but better and more)
>>
What's the difference between Presence and Performance for speeches?
>>
>>52219396
Presence works one on one, Performance works on large numbers of people
>>
>>52218975
>more civil and a lot less passive aggressive.

this is 4chan, civil and non-passive agressive criticism doesn't count
>>
>>52214476
>Through legalistic chicanery, he slipped in a clause in the citizenship oath obliging the tribe to assist the colonists in their attempts to mine the island, and sanctified the oath with his anima.
Fucking Eclipses man
>>
>>52218713
I thought it was the Mass Effect 3 thing?
>>
>>52219707
No, that was the Catalyst or something
>>
>>52219793
Yeah but I've always heard it called star child, star brat, that fucking shiststain, and the like
>>
>>52219804
Well, 2001 came first!
>>
>>52197688
It's popular (by Exalted standards).
>>
>>52197688

I don't know. Never watched it but I can speculate. It feels weird, cringy and bland.

People that are playing pnprpgs on stream aren't any better than you and your friends. Stories are also very similar to stories you would come up with. That is why I can't watch them.

BUT when you play pnprgs those elements are put into sideline and don't matter as much because you are participating and you aren't a mere observer.
>>
>>52211827
Imagine the protagonist of a generic battle shonen, but as a hot chick.
>>
>>52197688
Waaaaay too many Exalted show up, IMO. Seriously, it's like the ST thinks the only antagonists worth using are Exalts and nobody else even exists.
>>
>>52218975
Not particularly. They just tend to be so passive aggressive that it is actually hard to notice they are being passive aggressive in the first place.
>>
Which exalted type makes for best waifu? Assuming you happen to be a normal mortal?
>>
>>52221333

Sidereals are top tier. Its the same person yet different each time. Then sometimes you forget your married.

Lunars are high tier since they can switch forms into anything to keep things interesting. Hell some 2e powers let them change you into anything to spice things up even more.

Worst are Solars, Abyssals, Infernals, anything using a Solar Exaltation. They are assholes.

Dragonblooded are good I guess if you are into being a sub.

Alchemical robot waifus are nice in ways but too alien in thought and emotions to really be good waifus.
>>
>>52221395

Dragonblooded are also into open relationship and awkward conversations how you both just met a friend you didn't see in a long, long time. And it just happens you decided to have a nice dinner in a fancy restaurant.
>>
>>52221395
>Then sometimes you forget your married.

I would legitimately die laughing if I ever saw this as a NPC in a game.
>>
>>52221543

Fuck I just realized I used the wrong you're.
>>
>>52221543

No you wouldn't. You would also forget he was married.
>>
>>52221628

Maybe you were a Sidereal too.
>>
>>52221395
>Lunars are high tier since they can switch forms into anything to keep things interesting.
>Have a Lunar waifu
>She's a furfag
>>
>>52221927

Many such cases. Sad.
>>
anybody have a homebrew charm for gaining demonic familiars in 2e?
>>
>>52221395
>Sidereals are top tier
what about the wife killer pattern bite?
>>
>>52221395
>Alchemical robot waifus are nice in ways but too alien in thought and emotions to really be good waifus.
Eh, a young, low-Clarity Alchemical should be pretty human. They have human souls, after all, and their basic psychological makeup is human.
>>
>>52219415
I thought you could use presence on multiple people at once
>>
>>52219396
Performance is for rehearsed speeches, Presence is for stuff you make up on the fly
>>
>>52224084
This is pretty much how I've always viewed it. One is about your skill at making Impov or rehearsed and thought out speeches. The other is using your bearings and sear presence to make what you say palatable.
>>
Question, since I'm a complete novice to Exalted: do Abyssals have to drain blood directly from living creatures in order to regain Essence, or can the blood be stored for later usage?
>>
>>52224665
directly
>>
Anybody here ever read a story called "Pact" http://pactwebserial.wordpress.com/ ?

If so would you like to help me change the familiar background so something like Evan would be covered? Or to stat the little bird up in exalted terms?
>>
I'm guessing you'd need to use the ally background to get Evan as a spirit rather than a ghost familiar.

Greeneyes is obviously a lunar wafu, Blake feels most like an Infernal to me.
>>
>>52224884
or possibly fey blood with 'the abyss' as his unshaped progenitor, which bumps everyboy down a notch so greeneyes is a wyld mutant
>>
What's Ligier like in bed?
>>
>>52225686
Penetrating
>>
>>52225686

Illuminating.
>>
>>52221395
>Alchemical robot waifus are nice in ways but too alien in thought and emotions to really be good waifus.

If your Alchemical waifu was a gigantic city, and ten thousand other people were living inside of her, would that be considered NTR?
>>
>>52224665
What the Abyssal is actually doing is stealing life force. The medium is often blood or flesh, but simply eating flesh or drinking blood isn't what restores an Abyssal's Essence. While "eating people to regain Essence" can take the form of blood drinking, it also also take the form of physically devouring flesh or simply sucking our their spiritual energy.

Regardless of what form this feeding takes, the end result of this is that the victim suffers damage and the Abyssal regains health. This is also why an Abyssal can't just store a corpse or some blood and eat/drink it later. Because it's not the blood or flesh itself that provides Essence, but the life force of the individual.
>>
>>52221829
Sidereals all the way down
>>
File: 1461215765717.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461215765717.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>52222838
>what about the wife killer pattern bite?
You mean Bite The Pillow Exhalation? Isn't that an Infernal thing?

>>52224884
What?

>>52226568
>While "eating people to regain Essence" can take the form of blood drinking, it also also take the form of physically devouring flesh or simply sucking our their spiritual energy.
What about eating her out?
>>
>>52227054

No, one of the effects of your Paradox reaching ten is to randomly kill someone you love. If you don't love anyone, it just waits until you do.
>>
>>52217892
Yes.
>>
>>52227054
>What about eating her out?

Sure, if you don't mind killing her. Stealing people's Essence/life energy while having sex is well within the Abyssal's wheelhouse.
>>
File: 7490cd0a5f78001c145b2c5469524bfd.jpg (160KB, 829x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7490cd0a5f78001c145b2c5469524bfd.jpg
160KB, 829x1200px
>>52227343
Literally a succubus
>>
>>52227499
>not thiccubus
pls
>>
>>52227688
Fuck you
>>
File: 1484442093612.png (134KB, 684x498px) Image search: [Google]
1484442093612.png
134KB, 684x498px
>>52227726
>>
>tfw Clutch of Dragons just finished War
>tfw a single guy writes DBs before the Devs could and better to boot
>tfw after this What Fire has Wrought will just be a disappointment.
>>
>>52228319
At least it'll have new fluff.
>>
File: 1482028685818.png (3MB, 986x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1482028685818.png
3MB, 986x1067px
>>52228438
>>
>>52228438
>implying you'll still care about Exalted fluff in 2022 when What Fire has Wrought is finally released.
>>
>>52228319
>and better to boot
I doubt it. Hate the devs all you want for their slow as molasses release stuff, but they write good.
>>
What's the silliest shit you can get up to in Ex3?
>>
>>52228622
To be honest, I probably would care even if it did come out that late.
>>
>>52227054
>What?
Pact. see post immediately above
>>
>>52228728
>but they write good.
~natural language~
>>
>>52230565
Nobody claimed they write perfect, anon.
>>
>>52230565
This>>52230613
And also I really don't see the big to do about it. I understood every single charm one the first read
>>
>>52230656
The problem is that because it's not precise language, the way you understood the charms is not necessarily the way somebody else would understand them.
>>
>>52230685
Problem is thats universal. Even games that try and go out of their way to be as detailed as possible STILL have players getting into fights over what x or y power does, or how it interacts with some other power. It seems better to me to just let it happen and trust that players will work things out since the whole point of playing a ttrpg is that its a human taking the commands so they can be flexible.
>>
>>52227343
rape ghosts. infernals become green solars like 1 and 2e abyssals while abyssals apparently get deathlords inspired charms in a yozi tree style format

those preview pdfs were shit ;)
>>
File: 1482149619614.jpg (87KB, 317x700px) Image search: [Google]
1482149619614.jpg
87KB, 317x700px
>>52230454
What do Sidereal have to do with Evan (whatever that is?), or Greeneyes or Blake
>>
File: 1462326695514.png (160KB, 365x264px) Image search: [Google]
1462326695514.png
160KB, 365x264px
>>52230871
Really?
Mother fuck.
>>
>>52228622
>implying we will get the books so early

We are likely looking at closer to a 2030 release at the earliest.
>>
Whats a good plot to run in the West? I let my players decide the direction to start in and of course they pick the one I have nothing for.
>>
>>52231358
Depends on the party and what exalted types they are.
>>
>>52231415
A Super Autist, a true neckbeard, and 3 newbies playing Solars.
>>
So nobody's got any advice on running Exalted with Godbound?
>>
>>52232431
No, I backed godbound but the one lets play podcast I liked of exalted switched to godbound and that pissed me off to no end so I haven't even read the final release.
>>
>>52232590

They went to a system that actually works.

Why would you be upset about that?
>>
>>52233328
Because I was listening to them to help learn the system
>>
>>52233900

>triple doubles

Well good news is you have people here to help you learn the system, especially the people far too much for their own good.

Any area in particular you have questions on?
>>
>>52230939
above the one you asked about
>>
>>52231358
"shit, lets be pirates"
>>
>>52231358
Lintha sorceror pirates doing something terrible
>>
>>52231358

Explore the Skeleton Coast for valuables. An abandoned ship graveyard near the waters of Skullstone that holds the wrecks of ships from all over Creation. The brave can get away with vast sums of creature, new powerful boats from ages past which'll work with a bit of repair, or even legendary articles themselves. The unlucky ones will be torn apart by the vengeful ghosts and captain's who haunt the graveyard itself or the entity only known as the Scavenger, a cloaked humanoid who floats upon the water dragging ships and their crew into the perpetual fog banks that line Skeleton Coast, never to be seen or heard from again.
>>
>>52231455
We just started a game in the West. They're sailing into unknown waters, going all Jason and the Argonauts/Odysseus - each new island has a new challenge on it
>>
What stats would a Chinese Junk have?
>>
File: exalted fans.jpg (29KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
exalted fans.jpg
29KB, 300x275px
>yfw your book finally arrives just in time for the developers to get fired and opp to move on to fourth edition
>>
File: 1477105797496.png (60KB, 275x202px) Image search: [Google]
1477105797496.png
60KB, 275x202px
>>52235421
Oh.

>Wildbow
>>
>>52236239
Small, funny smelling, inferior to american and african junk
>>
File: 1485146733555.jpg (27KB, 140x195px) Image search: [Google]
1485146733555.jpg
27KB, 140x195px
>>52232431
>Godbound
Literally what?
>>
>>52236306
A game, with a lot of thematic similarities to Exalted. It's been talked about a lot in the same places where Exalted is discussed, including here.
>>
>>52233328
>Godbound.
>Working.

Kek.

We already had that discussion anon. You know Godbound doesn't work as intended, is crippled by its very system, and not really interesting to play anyways. There's a reason Godbound isn't popular.

>>52232431
If you really want an Exalted D&D (but... why?), buy Pathfinder Mythic. It's like Godbound but slightly less horrible and it is also compatible with Pathfinder.

Don't get me wrong: Pathfinder Mythic is absolutely horrendous. It is also better than Godbound, so while you're here at least do yourself a favor.
>>
>>52237385
Some people just don't like crunch an apparently prefer a relatively simple system over a complex one, even if the simple sytem doesn't work.
>>
>>52203130

Yes. Glorious Solar Plate can be fluffed as Kamen Rider Armor. You can even stunt it as doing the whole Henshin thing.
>>
File: Daiklave.jpg (20KB, 300x609px) Image search: [Google]
Daiklave.jpg
20KB, 300x609px
So Arms of the Chosen is coming out Soonâ„¢ and the devs have stated that it's going to have a expanded/improved Evocations paradigm, but have they actually stated what's new or better about it? It seems like discussing it just a little would generate some much needed hype for the book.
>>
>>52238606
I can see where you're getting at.

Sure, Pathfinder Mythic is very complicated, but you're asking for Exalted D&D, so what did you expect? Pathfinder Mythic works reasonably well within the Pathfinder system, and is less broken overall than Godbound. If you need to chose between both, choose Pathfinder Mythic.

Ideally, you should never even think of approaching 'Exalted' d20 with a ten foot pole. In the realm of infinite bad choices, Pathfinder Mythic is the most decent.
>>
>>52228319
You made my day, but my I made ACoD so I could play Dragon-Bloods again and let others do so, not so I could compete with the canon product.

When WFHW is released I expect to restructure the original Charms of ACoD to be a supplement to that book.
>>
>>52240313
>>52240340
>>52240346
saying it once would have been enough, buddy
>>
>>52237385
>You know Godbound doesn't work as intended, is crippled by its very system, and not really interesting to play anyways.
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>52240346
so I've gotta download them all right now then?
>>
>>52236243
Third Edition is still going to continue, whatever else.
>>
>>52240346
Hey dude, thanks for the Charms! I've been so desperate for dragonblood rules, and I really like how you dealt with elemental affinities to keep each Aspect feeling different.

I just made a SCOURGENPURGE type Fire Caste specialized in firewands to try to hunt down my Athletics-supernal player, and I'm really looking to how it plays.
>>
>>52240472
There's a lot of discussion about its issues in the Godbound threads but in general:

>ranged combat is superior to melee combat in nearly every aspect, you can kite opponents indefinitely
>combat is still attrition style ala Exalted 2E due to cheap perfect effects
>the faction system does not work well
>it's way too easy to game Influence/Dominion
>various words are poorly balanced against one another
>certain miracles trivialize the game entirely, while others are extremely conditional.
>>
File: 1482081418055.jpg (93KB, 560x432px) Image search: [Google]
1482081418055.jpg
93KB, 560x432px
>>52240586
>>
>>52240586
like how they finished their 2.5 fixes after 3 was scheduled? or even published the last few bits they were working on rather than hold them back in case they could fit into 3(leaking what didn't as inkmonkeybones for marketing hype)
>>
>>52240960
As I said before, if there is any truth to the rumors that Morke and Holden are stepping down, then it is also true that rather than start fresh the line will still continue with the 3E core

This being a big if, as you'd think if it were true there'd be a lot more butthurt from the devs on social media
>>
>>52230871
>abyssals apparently get deathlords inspired charms in a yozi tree style format

no they don't lol don't talk shit on a preview you don't even remember you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>52235510
I'm really hoping thats one of their concepts.
>>
Is it true that there is a huge focus on crotches in the 3rd edition Storyteller's screen?
>>
>>52241052
If Holden and Morke step down, I don't know who they would get to become the new developer. The only person I can think of at this point would be Vance.
>>
>>52239053
My only guess is it brings two major things. First is the fuck ton of artifacts and their evocation trees that give a clearer idea of what they are/how they work. Probably more than a few unusual ish artifacts as well to show how flexible stuff can get. The second part is the devs have straight up said there are going to be evocation making rules, so probably stuff on how to consider mechanics and fluff.
>>
File: 1483351226146.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483351226146.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>52242387
I hope it brings back leak evocations
>>
File: Volcano Cutter Evocations.jpg (85KB, 700x1143px) Image search: [Google]
Volcano Cutter Evocations.jpg
85KB, 700x1143px
>>52242387

>the devs have straight up said there are going to be evocation making rules

I could've sworn that they said the opposite. Or was that Exigents?Have they gone back on it and decided to add them?

>>52242402

I hear that they're going to rewrite/expand on one of the artefacts in the core. I'm hoping for Volcano Cutter to be brought back to it's initial greatness (holy shit just LOOK AT IT!), and not being wasted on Waifuklave.
>>
File: 1464022018678.jpg (10KB, 183x276px) Image search: [Google]
1464022018678.jpg
10KB, 183x276px
>>52242431
>I'm hoping for Volcano Cutter to be brought back to it's initial greatness (holy shit just LOOK AT IT!)
>>
>>52242387
It won't be bringing anything because it's never coming out.
>>
>>52242402
It might. It's a a big if, but there's a chance since they have more room/time they get bigger trees. All I'm hoping for is at least one N/A artifact, just to see what the most powerful peaks are.
>>
>>52242431
Yes. At one point they said 'no evocation rules in arms, just use the rules in exigents' but in that one something of the south interview they said they'll be back in.
>>
>>52242457

Hopefully, they'll be tell us the difference between the different dot levels for artefacts, and just what the fuck a first age artefact even is.
>>
>>52242457
Who knows. Arms was originally slated to be 64 pages. But that might not be enough room for everything they want plus an entirely new Evocation paradigm. That's probably why it's been delayed for so long, because the dev's don't even know what they want to put in it.
>>
>>52242527
Presumably they're like regular artifacts but better.
>>
So why is exalted 3e coming out like 1 book every other year? Maybe if Morke and Holden did more writing and less time arguing on the Internet the 3e might actually give 3e a decent amount of support
>>
>>52242553

A bit vague when I want to make a Twilight craftsnerd, to build barely comprehensible, world shaking wonders; whether the first age artefact in question is a warstrider base off of Numidium or a The One Ring from LotR.
>>
>>52242574
Multiple reasons are listed depending on how you feel about the dev team, ranging from they just suck to this kind of job pays like shit so they can't devote all their time to it to personal life issues.
>>
>>52242645
Presumably Irked, Sandact6, Crumblepunch and all the others that have created full charmsets for splats also have jobs.
>>
>>52242645
Lots of developers manage to produce more content without being full-time.

Although honestly if Exalted can't support a full-time developer maybe the line should go into hiatus until a publisher willing to resource it correctly buys the ip or license.
>>
>>52242574
Two three reasons. First Holden and Morke are micromanagers. If you're familiar with Palladium Books, Kevin Siembieda operates the same way. He'll have freelancers write shit, but then he has go over everything with a magnifying class, tweaking and changing it so he can put his mark on it. Holden and Morke do the same thing. Even when a third party writes something for them, they have to spend an agonizing amount of time going over it with a fine toothed comb, to the point that almost no time has been saved by having someone else do the work for them.

Second, Holden and Morke are also perfectionists, so they don't want to release anything unless it's "perfect." What this means is, they'll write something, get ready to publish it, then get a new idea and decide to scrap everything and start over. They'll also often return material to freelancers to be rewritten multiple times until it's "just right." This process continues to repeat itself until Rich steps in and says, "You guys need to get something published."

Plus, Holden and Morke have jobs and school and such, which leaves even less time for them to spend focusing on Exalted.

What this ultimately means is that Holden and Morke spend what little time they have available for focusing on Exalted trying to make everything perfect and effectively trying to do everything by themselves and so nothing ever gets released.
>>
>>52242871
I could understand being somewhat slow if they didn't spend such a huge amount of time on forums arguing over all sorts of shit.
>>
>>52242871
>Two three reasons. First Holden and Morke are micromanagers. If you're familiar with Palladium Books, Kevin Siembieda operates the same way. He'll have freelancers write shit, but then he has go over everything with a magnifying class, tweaking and changing it so he can put his mark on it. Holden and Morke do the same thing. Even when a third party writes something for them, they have to spend an agonizing amount of time going over it with a fine toothed comb, to the point that almost no time has been saved by having someone else do the work for them.
To be fair, letting freelancers write stuff without some degree of micromanagement is likely to caure more problems than this.

>Second, Holden and Morke are also perfectionists, so they don't want to release anything unless it's "perfect." What this means is, they'll write something, get ready to publish it, then get a new idea and decide to scrap everything and start over. They'll also often return material to freelancers to be rewritten multiple times until it's "just right." This process continues to repeat itself until Rich steps in and says, "You guys need to get something published."
This, however, is something they should really get over with. I assume they both have a university degree or are getting one, and I kind of woner how they haven't learned to keep their perfectionism in check over the course of their studies. You can't really get a master's thesis done without being able to decide at some point that it's good enough even if it isn't literally perfect.
>>
>>52242944
Letting freelancers run wild gave us shit like DB breeding manses.
>>
>>52242959
Yeah. Some degree of micromanagement is definitely preferable to that. Perfectionism taken too far is a bigger problem as far as 3E devs go.
>>
>>52242317
iirc I'd at least be much happier with Vance doing infernals than Holden, but that gives them about 40 years to step down before then
>>
>>52242959
>DB breeding manses
Tell me more
>>
>>52244319
Freelancer wrote that DBs and elementals were guaranteed to produce DB children. If there was a means to guarantee Exaltation, Dynasts would literally never stop doing it. Someone on the old white wolf forums designed a manse for the breeding of dragonbloods at high speed. The old forums got purged, google "thoth exalted manse" and see if someone saved it.
>>
>>52242574
troll is life
>>
I dreamt I was a young sid, left in Yu-Shan to find the forbidding Manse of Ivy by myself, because my Elder decided it was a good idea since I've never been there before... I ended up fleeing an angry cloud in the shape of an insanely muscular old man on the metal wings of a giant bird...
I... I think I should quit Exalted for a while.
>>
If you were a Sidereal, how would you go about capturing an Abyssal or Infernal, so they could be studied by Lytek?
>>
>>52245113

Bullshit Kungf Fu Magic. More helpful advice; Abyssals could be lured into Creation where they can't respire Essence, and then engaged in a battle of mote attrition. Infernals will be more difficult, as they lack that weakness.
>>
>>52245087
or you could play it *more*?
>>
>>52221395
Blue sid waifu is incarna tier.
>>
>>52245113
sbyssal is easy since most of them don't really want to be abyssals and are on some emo redemption quest anyway.

infernals are harder, (especially if lytek says he can fix abyssals but infernals need to be killed so he can mess with the free exaltation at which point any cooperation vanishes, assuming you were even lucky enough to find a willing one.)
>>
>>52245113
Give him an orichalcum engraved invitation to Yu-Shan saying that he's cordially invited to a big party with lots of hookers, drugs and sex (or whatever he might be interested in), and sign it with Lytek's name.
>>
>>52245231
I'd love to, but I should stop playing sids.
>>
>>52245275
that might actually work on the infernal
>>
>>52245275
But Infernals get to ahve parties with demon hookers and demon drugs whenever they want. Why would they fall for that?
>>
>>52245333
Because they don't get to have Celestial Cocaine and Peaches of Immortality at parties in Malfeas.
>>
>>52245333
P.S. We're serving peaches of immortality
>>
>>52245333
celestial cocaine and a sex goddess desperate for money?
>>
>>52245379
does that even do anything for infernals?
>>
>>52245333
Memory stones of a night with an incarna if you're filthy rich
>>
>>52245436
I wouldn't care if I was an Infernal.
>>
>>52245113
Punch them into a duck and bring the duck to Lytek.
>>
>>52245690
exaltations are human only, to the point they're pretty picky about preferring purebloods. seems like a waste of an exalted duck
>>
>>52245436
Well, Infernals have a much more limited lifespan than other Celestials, so Peaces of Immortality would be pretty handy.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.