[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 48

File: Scenery.jpg (418KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Scenery.jpg
418KB, 1920x1200px
>New Unearthed Arcana: Mystics
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAMystic3.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b:
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools:
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/:
>>52186757

DMs, did you rip-off a video game/film/tv/manga/etc. storyline/NPC/monster and incorporated it to your campaign? How did it go? Did your players catch on assuming they knew of the material?
>>
File: wiz.pdf (515KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
wiz.pdf
515KB, 1x1px
Rate my homebrew wizard.

> planning to remove sorcs from campaign
> planning to apply same spell slot system to clerics and bards
>>
>>52191428
>>52191428
>>52191428
New thread already exists
>>
SHwoop
>>
>>52191921
Am I the only one who thinks removing the armor proficiency from Immortal and giving unarmored was retarded because it essentially just makes them a 100x better monk? I mean you can stack lethal strike which is much better than Flurry of Blows, and as a reaction you can increase your AC by 4 at level one...
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12536012

No surprise that Stone's in the lead.
>>
>>52191995
it's 3.5e Treankmonklvl20 tier "muh GOD WIZURD"
stop posting in every thread the reaction will be the same
>>
>>52191921
>DMs, did you rip-off a video game/film/tv/manga/etc. storyline/NPC/monster and incorporated it to your campaign?

I can say with absolute certainty that my campaigns are 100% slapdashed from other works of fiction, that somehow coalesce into it's own thing after about a month of fine-tuning and working out story details.
>>
Why do magical stat boosting items make the stat 19? Thats both literally and figuratively an odd number.
>>
File: 1481222000379.jpg (286KB, 1920x889px) Image search: [Google]
1481222000379.jpg
286KB, 1920x889px
>>52196767
>>52196776
i think i do but i don't think most anons agree with me so idk. oh well at least my group is cool with going along with my dumb ideas.
i'll post later but i don't want to post after posting about complaining that no1 likes me that just seems too sad.
>>
>>52191995
so it can just use meta magic for free, but obviously it only has at max 5 spell slots a day?
i kind of like it honestly.
>>
>>52196830
Because the developers didnt figured yet that the game would be better if the score range was 0-10 with 10 being +5.
>>
>>52196592
I'm aware I'm >>52194441 (You) making the Minotaur hexblade. Are you saying that using Curse Bringer isnt worth it?
>>
>>52196888
not that anon, but it just means you can't use charisma for your attacks if you use curse bringer.
i don't think that makes curse bringer bad, just something to keep in mind.
>>
>>52191921
>DMs, did you rip-off a video game/film/tv/manga/etc. storyline/NPC/monster and incorporated it to your campaign? How did it go? Did your players catch on assuming they knew of the material?

Yes, been pulling elements from a couple book series I like. Try to stay away from videogame ripping because it's how me and my friends met so it'd be blatantly obvious. Only possible one, so far, is Foulspawn=Darkspawn from DAO since they are underground being led by mindflayers against the dwarven kingdom.

Other than not subtle influences to maybe give a character personality.

So far no one has, then again I don't know if many of them have read the books I'm pulling from.
>>
Is there any monster that deals thunder damage?
>>
Why are yakfolk such pieces of shit?
>>
Making a level 7 Abjuration Wizard. Currently have Fire Shield and Greater Invisibility. Should I get another 4th level spell or a lower level spell like rope trick or mirror image?
>>
>>52197041
literally who?
>>
>>52197029
Bronze Dragon's thunderclap as a lair action.
Djinni's scimitar attack.
Creatures with the Thunderwave spell. These include the Djinni, Lich and NPC Druid.
>>
Alright I got permission to make a Mystic. Should I be a Halfling Soul Knife or a Human Avatar?
>>
>>52197149
Make a super AC Avatar, and punish your DM for being cool.
>>
>>52197149
Tongue-in-cheek *teleports behind you* nomad elf (for longsword prof)
>>
>>52197089
They feature in SKT.
>>
>>52197163
>super ac avatar
Explain
>>
>>52197168
>>52197163
I'm either going Halfling Soul Knife that was a Noble's Daughter's bodyguard or a Human Ardent based of a small paragraph of flavor from the 4e Psionic Power book.
>>
>>52191921
>DMs, did you rip-off a video game/film/tv/manga/etc. storyline/NPC/monster and incorporated it to your campaign?
If I do its completely unintentional and just through cultural osmosis. I put Arthas (when he was a goodly young noble) into a game by accident
>>
>>52197215
To be fair Arthas is a pretty unoriginal character.
>>
>>52197215
Arthas is basically a less sympathetic Elric.
>>
File: fighter vs wizard.jpg (814KB, 1280x900px) Image search: [Google]
fighter vs wizard.jpg
814KB, 1280x900px
>>52197179
Avatar for shield prof. [AC = 10+Dex+2]
Level 1 Discipline: Mastery of Force, Inertial Armor (2 psi points for 8 hrs of 14+Dex AC) [AC = 14+Dex+2]
Level 3 Discipline: Bestial Form, Iron Hide (2 psi points for 1 hr of +2 AC) [AC = 14+Dex+2+2]
Level 5 Discipline: Iron Durability, Psychic Focus (+1 AC) [AC = 14+Dex+2+2+1]
Also level 5 Iron Durability, Iron Hide (1-7 psi points reaction, 1-7 AC until end of next turn)

That totals to 24 AC with 20 dex, and 31 on reaction.
>>
>>52197236
Yeah, he's just a subversion of Arthurian tales where instead of gaining a whole bunch of good friends then a magical sword that unites the land he loses all his friends then his sword steals his soul.
>>
>>52196900
It could work tho right? Since I'm rolling Minotaur I get up to 2+ to my strength. So couldn't I go for a more frontline str hexblade build that uses warlock spells for ranged attacks and utility?
>>
>>52197352
Don't bother going Hexblade unless you're using the smite, AKA going Strength. Going Strength isn't a noob side build, it's the main build.
>>
what kind of a loot would the players get after defeating a sea hag in an underwater tomb?
>>
>>52197352
yeah definitely
>>
Pathfinder player joining a 5e campaign for the first time soon, flipping through the trove and a few resources online and I have a few questions:

1: The rules are short and if I read that section of the core book I should be more-or-less good to go, yeah?
2: In which books do I find the new classes / races / feats / etc. Just a few in each book, or just the unearthed arcana line, or...?
2b: What exactly is unearthed arcana?
>>
>>52197384
So I'd be golden then?
>>
>>52197489
Yes. The only weakness for it, like the weakness of all Warlocks is forcing short rests. One short rest between long rests basically makes it better for damage than Paladin, a comparable Cha secondary stat build/class.
>>
>>52197488
1. For the most part yes
2.Players Handbook
2b. Play testing material out on wizard's site. Check with DM if he is ok with you using something Frome there.
>>
>>52197262
>do this
>trick your DM into adding caster enemies everywhere
>rest of the party reveals they can all cast Silence and Counterspell
>>
>>52197488
>1
Yeah, the PHB is pretty much all you need

>2
SCAG and TOEE Player's Supplement have some options but the bulk is going to be the PHB. 5E isn't super big on splatitis.

>2b: What exactly is unearthed arcana?
Playtest material. Mostly unsuited for multiclassing and some of it is wholly unsuitable for play as published unless it's clear the game is willing to playtest.
>>
>>52197262
Eldritch Knight in full plate and shield with with Blur and/or Haste and Shield on their spell list is already basically that.

As a DM, you deal with it the exact same way, make 'um roll saves more.
>>
>>52197523
From*
>>
Why do players always want to play high level campaigns?
Is a level 1-5 campaign too narrow of a scope for an old school hex crawl kind of campaign? Looking at class abilities it seems level 5 is when spellcasters first get access to 3rd level spells, but it also seems a terrible cutoff point because it's right before a ton of class features which are granted at level 6.
I just like low level campaigns, but it seems when I was recruiting almost all players wanted to play starting level 7+ or at the very leave level 3.

I suppose I can disregard everything and just advertise I'm running a low level hexcrawl. I guess I'm just a different kind of player who enjoys rpgs more of a roguelike type than power fantasy. Or would I just be better off using a different system instead?
>>
>>52197488
There's a few new class archetypes in Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. Volo's guide has race options for monster races.
Unearthed Arcana is playtest material and not ""official"", ask your DM before using it since they may not be balanced. I'm guessing they'll eventually put some of the better UA options in a PHB 2, though I'm only making assumptions.
>>
Megaanon is the hero we need but don't deserve.
>>
>>52197530
There's also Mirror Image if they want to take defence to 200%.

And fighters have the spare ASI to get Save Proficiency and the ability to reroll saves.
>>
>>52197575
verily
>>
>>52197488
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html
>>
>>52197530
>tank shows up with omega AC
>enemies hit literally anyone else
>grapple or disarm tank and play keep-away with his sword
actually i encourage the AC whoring behavior because at least he's doing something besides HUR HUR I'VE GOT A HALBERD / GREATSWORD WITH PAM/GWM
>>
>>52197550
I'm the same as you. I've found as a player I prefer to start at level 1 in a world of other powered characters. So even when I have the ability to fly, throw fireballs and teleport I don't feel that unique. I like most larger towns to have at least one medium leveled spellcaster and one medium leveled martial.

Not to say they shouldn't be special, just that as a Player I shouldn't be the only person who stands a chance against enemies.
>>
>>52197623
Mystic has a disciplina that you add your psipoints to the roll. on the same discipline, you get using concentration advantages on int/wis/cha.

The EK buffs are way harder to achieve also. Haste as an example, dont last long and it punishes you when it finishes.

Another discipline gives Blur through concentration. Using the lvl 11. you can get blur and advantage on most save throws.
>>
>>52197461

Gadgets and gizmos aplenty
Whooz-its and whatz-its galore

You want thingamabobs?
I got twenty
But who cares?
No big deal
I want moreeeeee
>>
>>52197680
I, too, enjoy encountering cool NPCs with similar or greater powerlevels to be bros or arch-enemies with.
>>
>>52197550
There isn't a lot of variation early on. Later you can differentiate yourself through archetypes, feats, multiclasses, choices within an archetype, spells, and fighting styles. And there's also potential for specialization through gold spent, or magic items acquired.
>>
>>52197513
>the weakness of all Warlocks is forcing short rests.
I hear this a lot, but my players take short rests every couple of fights without fail and we don't have any warlocks. I don't quite get how it's a weakness, since it doesn't seem like a shift in behaviour.
>>
File: 1469723740173.jpg (37KB, 477x354px) Image search: [Google]
1469723740173.jpg
37KB, 477x354px
>>52197692
Good shit.
>>
>>52197692
You cheeky dick waffle
>>
>>52197694
This. It's no fun to be the great chosen one when I've only been an adventurer for half a year. I'd much rather be sent to do a quest because everyone else either doesn't care, or isn't insane enough to be an adventurer.
>>
>>52197732
Believe it or not, but there are campaigns out there where there's basically one fight per session, and a long rest in between.
>>
>>52197523
>>52197527
>>52197555
>>52197641

Thanks anons, very helpful!
>>
>>52197780
I'm trying to fix this. I need to speed up my combat with easier combats and cheat sheets of my player's characters.
>>
>>52197780
I sort of encountered that near the end of Curse of Strahd, when the wizard got Tiny Hut and realised they could long rest in dungeons safely.
I've decided for my next campaign to use the Gritty Realism variant rule for resting to curb this shit.
>>
>>52197819
They'll just spend a literal week in their cabin then. You need to put a clock on the players.
>>
>>52197780
I never got this. To me combat's just as much of the game as anything else. Sometime sure, some sessions have zero combat and others are an entire siege of nothing but combat and skill checks. I will never understand people who camp in dungeons though.
>>
Can we continue the blink/mirror image bit from last thread?

There's a few things working in mirror image's favor as well. First, It's a 2nd level spell compared to 3rd. This means it doesn't have to fight with other great spells like Haste and Fireball. In fact, it has no competition other than most likely Shield and Misty Step.

Second, Mirror image can negate an enemy's turn. Blink doesn't. The enemy just goes and targets someone else. And don't quote me on this, but can't they just use their Ready action and reaction to shoot you when you poof back? And it doesn't seem infallible either. There are some, just some creatures that don't give a shit about you being ethereal or not.

Though for me, I'd take mirror image over blink just because it's a level 2 spell compared to a level 3.
>>
>>52197882
Mirror Image is 100x cooler then spastic shifting as well. Other people might not care about that but I personally love the imaginary copies.
>>
>>52197680
>>52197694
I don't really get that. I actually enjoy low levels in a lot of games where you scrounge out what you can muster against harder opponents, but...

In a game like D&D, if the DM throws out a bunch of high powered enemies or allies or whatever, it kinda comes off as obnoxious.
'No, this character is powerful, you're not allowed to kill them off or use what few powers you have to influence them or whatever, retreat back to your dirt hovels you low level players'

If I'm at a low level, I want NPCs we meet to generally be similarly non-powerful. Sure, a powerful one might show up 'sometimes' or enemies might turn up with a powerful one-use magic scroll we didn't expect, but I don't expect low level players to be meeting kings and queens of the abyss at every corner and being railroaded and buttfucked by said kings and queens whenever they get off the railroad.

I dislike the things like 'Okay, you're a level 1 character just starting out and NPCs are trying to make you feel important, but there's a level 65 stormwind guard over there who could have just breathed on everything you're fighting now to save the village and it'd have just died.'
>>
>>52197819
Realize that while they're spending 8 hours in an extremely visible magical globe, time passes outside.

Tiny hut is also incredibly conspicuous. If they're using it to rest in a hostile dungeon, it's your duty to have an ambush waiting for them.
>>
>>52197882
>And don't quote me on this, but can't they just use their Ready action and reaction to shoot you when you poof back?
If they're ranged yeah, but if they're melee you can come back anywhere in a 10 ft radius
>>
>>52197762
wha- syrup?
>>
>>52197832
I'm lowering the long rests down to a couple of days in the interests of keeping things moving (and also because if they don't beat the villain in a couple months bad stuff will happen).
>>
File: 1328872710270.gif (2MB, 330x186px) Image search: [Google]
1328872710270.gif
2MB, 330x186px
>Players in a spot of bother
>Large scale battle that is not in their favour
>Two of your players get extremely salty every time they take damage
>Whine loudly that they can't make optimal plays every turn
>One of them goes down due to incompetence (but is healed next turn) and walks away from the table
>Your other players decide to have fun and just do what they can, enjoying the experience

The smallest amount of pressure really reveals a persons character.

and I judge them for it
>>
>>52197920
That's why I dislike playing a mercenary, most towns and cities don't need them when there's an army of Lawful Good guards on watch. Being a treasure hunter is where it's at.
>>
>>52197936
Any large creature or creature with 10ft reach can cover that, then.

A large creature standing exactly where you disappeared should be able to reach any point you pop back in at.
>>
Where can I find some good spell effects I can print out? I know there's that Arcknight stuff, but that shit's expensive. Whats with companies selling plastic for gold?
>>
>>52197936
At that rate you've used your action to remove the enemy's multiattack, and their opportunity attack, and that's assuming they know what the fuck you're doing as a Wizard.
>>
>>52198131
I don't know where it says they lose their multiattack.

Multiattack is an action. Extra attack is a feature that applies to the attack action when used on your turn.

So multiattack should still be usable as a reaction.
>>
>>52197920
>if the DM throws out a bunch of high powered enemies or allies or whatever
That's why you get a DM that doesn't do this. You have to make NPCs with high power levels as rare as NPCs with oodles of political power, and the party should be as accordingly wary of fucking with them. Like, the mob will intimidate individual cops, but seldom do they go after the police chief, or lawyers, or judges, and they don't fucking try to murder the DA until they're on their very last resort.

This strong NPC isn't just Tom Bumbledick, Level 14 Wizard who got there by adventuring and now has nothing better to do than run solo around the world not solving problems. He's part of the Queen's Guard or Ye Olde CIA.
>>
File: 14659832.jpg (91KB, 662x660px) Image search: [Google]
14659832.jpg
91KB, 662x660px
>>52198157
>>52197936
A held action in the form of an attack allows you to use multiattack, you're basically holding your normal attack til a later point and using a reaction (one reaction per round).

An AOO which also uses a reaction is limited to one melee attack.
>>
>>52191995
shite
>>
>>52198157
>Extra attack is a feature that applies to the attack action
yes
the attack action
not the ready action
>>
>>52197265
He's Elric but embracing his asshole nature rather then at conflict with it.
Do you not know Elric?
>>
>>52198238
>Do you not know Elric?
He probably knows about as much about Elric as he does about the Arthurian legends.
>>
>>52196717
>Am I the only one who thinks removing the armor proficiency from Immortal and giving unarmored was retarded because it essentially just makes them a 100x better monk?

You're not alone, but you ARE wrong.

>As a bonus action, you imbue a weapon you’re holding or your unarmed strike
with psychic energy. The next time you hit with it before the end of your turn, it
deals an extra 1d10 psychic damage per psi point spent.

Compare that to how an Open Hand monk (the kind that is most relevant for all discussions of "monks punching things" rather than "expensive spell effects") conveys a variety of effects. Unlike the Battlemaster, for 1 of his points he gets to knockback, shut down reactions, or prone people, twice.

There is no more overlap between Immortals and Monks than between Barbarians and Monks or Dragon Sorcerers and Monks.
>>
Tell me about your nomad builds.
Trying to decide if I'd like to use a weapon or just use talents for damage.
>>
>>52198034

What about rural places that don't have a budget for Elite MMO Guards? Or places that can't spare guards to have you deal with a problem. Or wants additional help for something threatening.

I imagine mercenary work wouldn't be bad.
>>
>>52198270
Eh, it's not a matter of I won't do it I guess. Just It's not my favorite type of campaign. Anything's better then Evil ones or Forgotten Realms high level bullshit.
>>
>>52198200
That's not quite it.

You don't make multiple attacks with your reaction because extra attack doesn't apply and you're not taking the attack action.

You don't make multiple attacks with your multiattack because you're not using the multiattack action.

You can make multiple attacks as a reaction if you store an action that has something that applies to it or functions so that you make multiple attacks (i.e. eldritch blast or regular attacks under the hypothetical condition that extra attack did not state that it must be on your turn)

So, as it is, you could store an action to attack and then use your action to attack on your own turn and extra attack will apply.

>>52198222
You ready the attack action.

It's still the attack action in the end.
>>
>>52198352
>You ready the attack action.
>It's still the attack action in the end.
No, you're making the Ready action. It's a completely different action.
>>
>>52197920
There's a bit of a grey area between "NPCs should be as weak as PCs when they encounter them" and "NPCs cannot be killed off or influenced, level 65 Stormwind guards etc."

If you want a town to have longevity, there's nothing wrong with the PCs being weaker than the troops in that area (in terms of hp anyway; npc warriors compare terribly badly due to nofeats) when they first show up. They'll be drastically more powerful than them soon enough.

I like things along the level of veterans for typical NPC troops (not draftees etc). CR 3 is a nice balancing point; I have most medium sized combative NPC humanoids, friend and foe alike, be in the CR 2-4 range. Just enough so that, in groups, they can deter big fuckin monsters. Orcs, hobgoblins, etc. feel a lot more "right" to me as reasonably hefty (though still inferior) analogs to PCs like the hobgoblin devastators and various orc cleric equivalents, and are still at the bottom 80% or less of the monster hierarchy.
>>
>>52198374
"Then, you choose the action you will take in response to that trigger, or you choose to move up to your speed in response to it."

You're taking an action.

Just because you used action surge doesn't cause the action you got from action surge to be an 'action surge' action.

If you ready the 'dodge' action for some absurd reason, it doesn't stop being the dodge action.
>>
>>52198200
Multiattack is for when a creature can make multiple attacks "on it's turn", which means readying and using it off your turn wouldn't be applicable. There is space to say you could ready, and use it on your own turn since Extra Attack is "whenever you use the Attack action on your turn", which has the timing, and action stipulation.
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/11/18/can-a-creature-ready-the-multiattack-action/
>>
>>52197530
Eldritch Knights can't take blur, haste, or mirror image, as they're illusion, illusion, and transmutation, respectively. Eldritch Knights are limited to Evocation and Abjuration, beyond one of their first-level starting spells.
>>
>>52198379
Yeah. I like having just generally decent human beings in good health at about hte same level as a level 3 player (though you don't have to give them any special abilities that ap layer would get).

It helps strengthen them as a 'Even if players get to level 15 later and can easily take on a few guards, they're still screwed if 100 level 3 guards show up.'

Not bad to have some NPCs above that. There'd definitely be some. But I'd be tentative about throwing level 20-something NPCs around straight away, whereas something like CoS if I'm recalling right just shoves Strahd straight in your face early on.
>>
>>52198400
>is meant to

Whoops. Looks like they fucked that up.
Anyway, it's really not OP to allow them to do so. Since they gave up their action on their turn to hold it for a condition that may never arise. Not allowing it is fucking dumb, in my opinion.

I just joined this conversation btw
>>
>>52198400
This is better.

http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/06/10/ready-extra-attack/

Jeremy seems to say you can't hold extra attack because it can only proc on your turn.
>>
>>52198270
>>52198034
Its legitimately difficult to imagine rural towns doing much surviving in D&D land when the wilderness is inhabited by endless hordes of aliens, mutants, megapredators, etc without fairly competent guardians, although its important to emphasize the guardians are probably not fantasy cops created by "the government" but, depending on the setting, retired adventurers, mercenaries, merchant escorts, noble house guards, martially oriented priesthoods of a god of protection or community who view defending the public as their form of worship, etc.
>>
File: elf monk.png (193KB, 440x810px) Image search: [Google]
elf monk.png
193KB, 440x810px
I have a new player starting soon and they want some advice for character creation.

What's a good race for an Open Hand Monk?
>>
>>52198400
I wouldn't say that the book says that it's for the creature to make multiple attacks 'on its turn', but I can agree, especially with the sage advice that it's intended to only be on the creature's turn.

>>52198447
That's kinda worse because we all already know that extra attack specifically states it won't work outside of your own turn.

However, nothing says that multiattack doesn't work outside your own turn aside from the above sage advice.
>>
>>52198447
Yeah, this is way more clear as multiattack definitely says that it procs only on your turn.
However, I still houserule in my games that they can do it.
>>
>>52197488
Once you have a few games under your belt, be sure to make a comparison of how 5e is compared to PF.
>>
>>52198483
From the MM section on Multiattack:
MULTIATTACK
A creature that can make multiple attacks on its
turn has the Multiattack ability. A creature can't use Multiattack when making an opportunity attack, which must be a single melee attack.

>on its turn
>>
>>52198450
I usually just explain it away as either the town has large defenses such as a major city, or if it's a small town as you mentioned, then often more intelligent monsters leave them alone unless they have something to gain. This is because simply terrorizing a small town for no reason is likely to get them hunted by some up and coming adventurers. Why bring about extra stress to your monster work week?
>>
>>52198483
It put it in quotes because that's exactly what it says, MM 11.
>>
>>52198483
Its semantics between the players extra attack and a monsters multiattack.

But they're all creatures, and as per the sage advice you can only attack more than once on your turn, i.e. not a held action.
>>
>>52198515
Just to play devils advocate, this doesn't really say that you can't use it not on it its turn. Even if that definitely seems like the intention.
>>
>>52198540
It definitely is the intention, seeing as Crawford referenced that page in a tweet about it.
I agree that it could be worded better though.
>>
>>52198429
8th, 14th or 20th
>>
>>52198515
Eh, I suppose.

I was just looking through the monster statblocks and it doesn't say any of that about multiattack.

And as >>52198540 said, it doesn't specify that it must be used on your turn, only that it's an ability for creatures that can make multiple attacks on the turn.

At least the RAI is fairly clear, even if the RAW is fucked.
>>
>>52198536
If you ready an action and attack on your own turn somehow (For example, you might be able to do it with samurai's ability) then you'll get it.
>>
>>52198572
Yeah it isn't in the statblock because that would make the MM a million pages long, it has one definition at the beginning of the book.
It'd be like describing darkvision in every statblock.
>>
>>52198450

Most big creatures will probably leave towns alone if they can put up any sort of fight. Especially if there's easier prey around.
>>
>>52196765
>Phoenix has more votes than Pyromancer.

Literally why?
>>
Why do people on twitter keep screaming that mystic are OP?
>>
>>52198619
Because more people read UA than read Plane Shift
>>
>>52198619
Pyromancer is literally boring.
>>
>>52197901
>Another knock back
Nope, you only have one reaction per turn nomatter how many actions you have per turn.
>>
>>52198619
pyromancer is very dull and boring. phoenix is a bit more interesting and, after a bit of messing around with it, is a bit more powerful than i thought. it's still below the par compared to most other archetypes but it's still viable
>>
>>52198645
Because it is.
>>
>>52198645
You'll realize eventually, it took me years, that the average person is stupid.
>>
File: 1329178030523.jpg (28KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1329178030523.jpg
28KB, 320x320px
>>52198667
>Nope, you only have one reaction per turn nomatter how many actions you have per turn.

Unless you're a tunnel fighter.
>>
>>52198690
>multiclassing with UA material
can you not
>>
>>52198645
Because they're literally autistic. Their handlers don't know they're loose.
>>
>>52198690
You still have one reaction as a Tunnel Fighter, but you don't use it up when AoOing.
>>
>>52198690
You still can't.
>>
>>52198690
Tunnel Fighter doesn't get additional reactions. It just makes it so that its opportunity attacks do not count as reactions and are completely actionless.
>>
>>52198619
Because it's favorite, not most burny.
>>
>>52198690
Literally perfect post, you completely took the role of Janeway, a smug bitch that knows nothing.

Even if you're tunnel fighter, you can't use knock back more than once per turn.
>>
File: 1336363443545.gif (1MB, 212x226px) Image search: [Google]
1336363443545.gif
1MB, 212x226px
>>52198710
>>52198714
>>52198718
>>52198730
>>
>>52198432
I agree with your jist, but I got a minor quibble about CoS.

1. CoS deserves to be applauded for its sandbox nature, which is genuinely crazy rare nowadays. Regardless of how much you enjoy the module itself, CoS deserves applause for how crazy nonlinear it is.

>20-something

2. Strahd is still a 9th level caster after 4 editions. He's there ultimately to be defeated, and he's always been an ultimately pretty close to normal-tier vampire spellcaster. I think Strahd is honestly the near ideal format for a BBEG (complete with him being only like the third most powerful "character" in the area).

And no, I'm not the kind of DM that really likes the idea of a BBEG or is inclined to introduce PCs to higher level foes like that, so CoS is not even close to my normal vision of a campaign.
>>
>>52198645
REEEEEEEE 24 AC
DELETE THIS!!!
Someone post the best nova Mystic's got.
>>
>>52198480
Wood elf is pretty good.
Variant human as well for the feat. I'd probably take mobile or athlete. But tough could also be useful as you'd enjoy the extra HP being that monks only have a d8.
>>
>>52198801
>24 AC
Doesn't need to have like 20 on Dex and shield proficiency? that doesn't come online till 9th level at the earliest
>>
>>52198645
I felt like it was a little too good as well.
But I'm not sure actually, upon further inspection.

I mean, I think some of the abilities they have are definitely better than their spell counterparts. Especially some of the control effects. As far as their raw damage is concerned, I don't think it's much of an issue.
>>
>>52198801
You mean the nova that isn't really efficient with thier psi-point economy?
>>
>>52198828
see
>>52197262
>>
>>52198754
>>
>>52198835
8th level then.
>>
File: 2khi1f.jpg (22KB, 300x547px) Image search: [Google]
2khi1f.jpg
22KB, 300x547px
Half orc wizards
Tiefling Monks
Gnome fighters
What is /tg/s opinion on race class combinations that don't synergize? Is it only acceptable for your first character or have you been doing it all along?
>>
File: e27752e17b10cbf6f3949fe0a4178204.jpg (311KB, 831x1379px) Image search: [Google]
e27752e17b10cbf6f3949fe0a4178204.jpg
311KB, 831x1379px
How would you make pic related with the Mystic UA?
>>
>>52198429
Read, nigga, fucking read
>>
>explore Tiamat temple that's apparently being inhabited by a soon-to-be Lich
>find ancient stone plate outside that we can only translate "servants", "Tiamat", and "burn" from
>clear some rooms, get into last one
>contains portal to Plane of Fire
>enter, see fire elementals in the distance
>quickly decide to have our druid talk to them in Ignan
>they respond to us by asking who our master is and why we're here
>tell druid in-character to just tell them it's Tiamat since that plate said so and we need the keystone they are guarding
>inside a Tiamat temple
>where the keystones are shaped like her heads
>druid asks the group
>nobody knows who he could say we serve
>remind him again that he should just lie and say it's Tiamat since we just need the stone and then can leave immediately
>"We serve nobody!"
>facepalm hard, look at DM, he's also just looking deflated and shaking his head
>roll initiative

My fucking god.
>>
>>52198791
Yeah. I don't think Strahd is bad. It's actually perfectly fine to chuck them out there to say 'Okay, this is your target' or for whatever purpose. To give the players some goal.

But it'd be more jerkish if they were a level 20 lich with power word: kill, where the players would be playing real life years before they can do anything about it short of hiring an army or something.

Though a good way to introduce high levelled foes if you intend the players to beat them on first encounter is that there's some disadvantage that foe clearly has such as already having just fought a fight with someone else.
>>
File: 1447325037474.gif (898KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1447325037474.gif
898KB, 500x375px
>>52198841
>>
>>52198607
>Especially if there's easier prey around.

Humans are the easier prey. Towns are filled with incredible helpless morsels called "town guards," if you start a commotion at night, they will start hurling themselves into your open mouth. You don't have to hunt. You can just pop em in your mouth, and leave when satisfied.
>>
>>52198855
Yep. Under point buy it starts off with 19 at level 1, 21 at level 3, 22 at level 4, 23 at level 5, and 24 at level 8.
>>
>>52198867
Only tried it like 3 times with monk, all ended in death in the first or first two sessions, seems AC 14 is not a great idea for a martial.
>>
>>52198834
How bad is their best?
>>
>>52198872
Why are druid players always the fucking worst?
Seriously, the correlation is baffling.

I mean, at least they're not usually the edgelords of the group, though.
>>
>>52198882
>>
>>52198834
It's a three-times-a-day nova that does roughly 120~ damage after a failed Strength save and a successful discipline attack roll and requires all of the available actions in a round.

In short, it's balanced for a build that doesn't multiclass at all.
>>
>>52198516
>for no reason

The delicious morsels.
>>
>>52198480
The picture you posted got me thinking about the concept of an escaped prisoner drow refugee who grew up fighting in the pits of the underdark like a gladiator. I think that could be pretty interesting.
>>
>>52198872
I know that feel. Our Barbarian, ironically enough, is the party face, because she's the dm's girlfriend and wanted to interact with the pixies.
She stopped when the pixies started lifting her off the ground by the ponytail
She stopped completely when she hit the ground again
Pixies do not enjoy being patronised, as it happens.
>>
>>52198922
But in that case they have something to gain.
>>
>>52198801
Someone cast hold creature/person on your enemy.

You decide to go full nova, full retard, no prisoners.

7D10 from animate weapon + 7D10 from Lethal Strike + 7d6 from Knockback.

Congratulations, if you were close from the paralyzed guy, You double all your dices.
You can do this NOVA on lvl 9.
>>
>>52198936
so then it's a deserted town?
>>
File: 1454324938621.gif (1MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
1454324938621.gif
1MB, 294x233px
>>52198919
>>
>>52198949
I can't tell what you're on about.
>>
>>52198936
Good point.
>>
>>52198954
>>
>>52198918
The worst part is that his character even helped translating the runes.
He's usually also the voice of reason in the party, in character and out. I asked him why the fuck he would ever NOT say Tiamat and why the rest of the group didn't chime in. They didn't really have a reason, our Cleric just said he serves Muradin, our Berserker was stubborn and said he'd not even act like he's somebody's servant and our Tiefling Wizard was too horny with all that fire to even think straight. The druid claimed that "he's a good character and thought that lying would be an out-of-character act and too bad".

We're talking about a blob of Fire Elementals surrounded by lava here, not some regular old bandit fart that would be easy to kill. The DM even said that he designed that in a way to be easily skippable, since it's the hardest encounter in the dungeon and he made it extra deadly, since we were able to regularly kill normal "Deadly Encounters" with barely a scratch.
>>
>>52191921
My players are, generally, not well-versed in fantasy. So, I liberally take names from literature, video games, movies, etc., and apply them to characters and locations as a personal homage to works that have inspired my campaign settings. Their first true villain was a necromancer named Arantir.
>>
File: 1455242746031.gif (2MB, 448x352px) Image search: [Google]
1455242746031.gif
2MB, 448x352px
>>52198979
>>
>>52191921
I find using other media as an allegory or a short-hand explanation for something in the game world does wonders. A lot of my newer players played Skyrim heavily, so it was very easy for me to convince them that they needed to be armed once they left the city since they never knew when they would be attacked. This included while they were sleeping at the inn during our second session.

That being said, dungeon layouts are my favorite thing to steal wholesale, but I tend to switch up some of the set pieces.
>>
>>52198918
Druids can't acknowledge their own flaws. They're so all over the place that its no wonder they think they can do everything... Because they're written like they can.

They're also pretty strong early on, but become balanced along with the rest later. I guess that feeds their ego.
>>
>>52198937
>203 average not counting the weapon's die
It should be noted that Knockback requires they be within 70 feet of a wall (which you slam them backwards into),
you may or may not have to be next to the enemy anyhow (Animate Weapon is kind of a ranged attack)
and while Animate Weapon and Lethal Strike both use the same terminology (melee weapon you're holding) and Lethal Strike can be used before you attack (as it's a bonus action) a DM may say "fuck you you're not holding it if it's flying out of your hand".

But it is a nice chunka change.
>>
>>52199059
eh, it's not so bad desu, as long as you can make it work. my group's next campaign has a paladin called Kabr named after a character from Destiny.
>>
>>52198937
Plus weapon damage, plus 1d8/2d8 at 8th/14th level, plus your discipline attack modifier as damage.
>>
File: 1449441423643.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1449441423643.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>52199069
>>
>>52199090
I'm aware of that, but paralyzed as written
"Any attack that hits the creature is a criticai hit if the attacker is within 5 feet of the creature."

Any attack.
>>
Anons, what god/fiend/fey would you like to see fleshed out in a major adventure module?
>>
>>52199101
I like to think I do, they enjoy the sessions and the characters/places that are named after things aren't really like those things, I just borrowed the name. In the last session, they just began the next story arc, a war against the Drow Elves (in my setting, a pirate kingdom). The Drow King and his highest admirals, of course, each have names based off of one of David Bowie's personalities. Only the king will really act like him in any way. His flagship is the Black Star.
>>
>>52199149
Gargauth.
>TOO EVIL FOR HELL
>nothing lists a single evil thing he's ever done
>>
>>52198883

but those town guards also have spears which can kill a lower level beast. why go for the thing that has a chance to kill you when you can go for easier prey?
>>
File: siskopunchingnaughtylizard.gif (827KB, 248x188px) Image search: [Google]
siskopunchingnaughtylizard.gif
827KB, 248x188px
>>52199126
>>
>>52199133
Don't you get disadvantage then because ranged attack at melee?
>>
>>52199188
>>
>>52199202
The animate weapon attack is considered a melee attack with 30ft range.
>>
>>52199202
Technically the weapon is making the attack but it's not exactly occupying its own space and anyway the creature is paralyzed so it grants advantage and the whole thing would cancel out. At worst, you wouldn't GET advantage.
>>
File: 200.gif (722KB, 264x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
722KB, 264x200px
>>52199216
>>
>>52199090
Sorry, got it what you are saying now.

Lethal strike imbue a weapon that you are holding and you get bonus on the next attack.

So... you dont need to attack while you are holding, only to imbue it.
>>
>>52198607
>>52198883

Humans are also legitimately untasty from what I understand. Lots of bones, little meat.
>>
So, what's the best way to handle being charmed by a Succubus? Just let your DM take the wheel of what your character does or act like you character is the absolute horniest he's ever been?

Had the situation a session ago where I was charmed by one inside a mansion. Our female cleric gave her a smack over the head before she was able to suck me dry and I reacted by trying to use the opportunity while she was surprised by the hit to lunge at the succubus' tits since it seemed like the appropriate thing to do when you character really wants to get it on and sees an opening for boobs.
Also actively tried to get her all over me and immediately kissed her when I got the chance.

Then I got hit by our berserker, the spell broke, and I nailed her to the wall using my harpoon bolts.
>>
How does Underwater Combat apply if only the enemy is underwater? Do the negative apply to the swimming guy, but only the positives (if any) apply to the non-swimmer?
>>
>>52199176
well yeah, the really weak stuff is gonna avoid towns, but I wouldn't be surprised if ancient dragons wouldn't simply starve to death on many continents without townsfolk and their penned herd animals to gobble up

which is kind of a neat idea, most dragons in the olden days may have starved to death when they get too big
>>
File: aura.png (51KB, 330x522px) Image search: [Google]
aura.png
51KB, 330x522px
Ayo, hol up.
Aura of Victory is actually pretty good. You know all those fights with random mooks that last like 2 hours? Just apply some of this.
>>
>>52199253
>not nailing her to the wall with your dick

But to be real, I try to shy away from anything that takes away player agency. If I can trust my player to roleplay as if they were being mind controlled and act appropriately then I might bring some effect like that in. Otherwise you're just asking for conflict if the player can't not metagame.
>>
>>52199253

>Just let your DM take the wheel of what your character does or act like you character is the absolute horniest he's ever been?

I would say a combination of the two. Let the player stay in control, but the DM can override his actions if they stray outside the parameters of the charm.
>>
>>52199160
That's a solid choice.

My first pick would probably be Anarazel
I mean, a demon who only is interested in adventurers?
Why? For what benefit? Does he just like to encourage murderhobos or people exploring for loot and glory, consequences be damned?

Would a temple dedicated to him just be some Tomb of Horrors shit?
>>
File: 1853.gif (717KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1853.gif
717KB, 200x150px
>>52199272
>>
>>52198516
You just gave me an idea for an encounter in the forest that's exactly that: players tracking something that's causing problems in the area, stumble into a bad guy from legend/intelligent evil beast or something like that, then the creature tries to convince the party he dindu nuffin, how it's too much trouble and prone to get you killed, and see how it develops.
>>
File: succubus_by_npye13-d9kvxsn.jpg (1019KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
succubus_by_npye13-d9kvxsn.jpg
1019KB, 1000x1333px
>>52199253

Succubus charm is flat out Dominate Person, telepathic control, they aren't simply overwhelmed by lust. So yeah, NPC mode potentially, unless its something the player would do.

Sexy succubi are too obvious as subtle encounters, I'd have one shapechange into an unassuming, helpess form like a child in town and then hit the PC with waves of charm effects til he's dominated, then escape via etherealness, bam a new servant.

Instead of "make people turn evil and kill them" I like to have succubi try to con people into becoming warlocks and impregnating people with their cambion babies, if the charmed PC agrees to become a warlock or help them find sluts to breed their minions they can avoid mental control, but hitting on PCs directly strikes me as dumb. Almost no player is going to fall for that shit.
>>
>>52199322
>takes away player agency

I brief players on charm effects at the BEGINNING of the campaign. If the players still choose a party that's helpless to charm, then using charm effects on 'em are fair game.
>>
File: 1475363544885.gif (4MB, 531x354px) Image search: [Google]
1475363544885.gif
4MB, 531x354px
>>52199405
>I make my succubus children
>>
>>52199405
Well, the scenario was that I talked to her, sat down next to her, the charm hit and she made me see her like my character's dad wife in her best years.
>>
File: 52fttdgl2uky.png (8MB, 4500x6296px) Image search: [Google]
52fttdgl2uky.png
8MB, 4500x6296px
Hi, I'm new to 5e. I'm playing a fighter with a two-handed weapon, I'm currently level 3, and I just can't help but notice being outclassed by two party members who dual wield.
Is this just my imagination, or is dual wielding better? Does it stay that way?

Also, have this pic.
>>
File: DnD 5e Homebrew Arcantist.pdf (88KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
DnD 5e Homebrew Arcantist.pdf
88KB, 1x1px
I made a class! My first shitty homebrew.

I gave it a unique name in case you'd want to use it alone instead of replacing the sorcerer or wizard like I originally intended.
>>
>>52199435
In front of guards, genius. Even if a PC can tell they are being hit by charm from 120' away by a little kid, its going to cause immense chaos if a PC tries to kill them with witnesses.

>>52199440
Nice.
>>
>>52199441
Dual wielding is bad. For the first few levels if you do it right it can be pretty strong but other fighting styles overtake it rather quickly. Consider taking the feat great weapon master when you reach level 4.
>>
>>52199460
>having your Succubi convince the town that the PCs are Pedophiles

That's fucking clever.
>>
>>52199479
>>52199441
If you car about optimal building that is true, and it seems you do, you two cancerous motherfuckers.
>>
File: 1402803579200.gif (3MB, 353x209px) Image search: [Google]
1402803579200.gif
3MB, 353x209px
>>52199322
>>52199432
>Charm

Guaranteed to cause Player salt and butthurt. Ironically not when they use it.

Especially something like the vampires which can be used multiple times and won't proc an immunity.
>>
>>52199456
>already fucked up in the .pdf name
*pukes*
I won't even open it senpai
>>
>>52199509
care*
>>
>>52199509
>Wanting your character to contribute a fair share is cancer
Wew, lad
>>
>DM spoils us by confirming what we all thought will be the BBEG already
>nobody fucking knows how the hell we are going to ever do that fight ever, even though we know whose help we need to get to defeat the BBEG for us

Confronting a Lich at level 10 is going to be fun.
>>
File: 470x400castro_cigar.jpg (129KB, 470x400px) Image search: [Google]
470x400castro_cigar.jpg
129KB, 470x400px
>>52199460
>>52199460
>one of my players pissed off an extremely powerful crime boss
>warned them several times that shittalking powerful people is a bit suicidal
>considering what assassins to send after him
>mfw anon has convinced me to send a child succubus that forces him to be a pedophile and turn the whole town against him

Beautiful.
>>
>>52199528
not being able to contribute =/= optimal
Are you stupid or do you just unironically think that you must absolutely be optimized to contribute?
>>
>>52199480
Not what I was thinking of (I don't envision succubus mind control as sexual) but that is a good idea too. I was just envisioning them as taking forms like that to engender pity in onlookers.

>>52199511

Yes, which is why I feel its so important to brief players on charm at the beginning of campaigns and what options they have when selecting their PCs.
>>
>>52199549
Oh boy, that's low enough level that someone might actually get power word killed.
>>
>>52191921
Ran a solo mission for one of the characters based on his backstory because it had some planar bullshit it in. It was just various portal levels then a ring fight with a reskinned gorgon (the mechnical bull thing not the snake lady) with pacman physics on the edges of the ring
>>
>>52199570
>>52199528
Sorry, that should be
being able to contribute a fair share =/= being optimal*.
>>
>>52199569
Are you absolutely sure this is a wise decision, anon?
>>
>>52199569
That was this guy's idea, >>52199480 way more brutal than me.
>>
>>52199509
>>52199479
>>52199592
>>52199528
Yeah really. Warning people about how awful dual wielding is isn't beardy munchkinry or anything like that, its just being nice before they ruin their fuckin char.
>>
>>52199577
Yeah, we were unexpectedly thrown into our Necromancer's character quest (which is me).

Almost died already before entering the dungeon because a bunch of ghosts attacked us and I was thrown through them by a Poltergeist, surviving with 2 max HP.

A half-goddess we helped out once already said that she's up for helping us and tried to take care of that shit herself when we told her about finding hundreds of spectres and a sacrificial pit in the middle of the forest but said that she can't enter the ruins for some reason and can't help us unless we manage to somehow clear whatever force is preventing her from getting in. Now we're like 2 rooms away from the boss and have yet to find any indicator how to take that forcefield down.
>>
>>52199592
> Guys, I'm concerned about being outclassed, I think I'm the weak link in the party. Are my concerns justified?
> HOW DARE YOU WANT TO BE ON EQUAL STATUS WITH YOUR PARTY MEMBERS?!
>>
>>52198429
Uhh, you can take any wizard spells at levels 8, 14, 20. Also, 2 levels of Wizard can remedy that.
>>
File: 1332207831413.jpg (23KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
1332207831413.jpg
23KB, 569x428px
>>52199596
Shock tactics anon.

Don't make jokes when the DM is talking, especially when its a powerful NPC not joe bumpkin farmer.
>>
>>52199631
I don't know if it's THAT bad. It's doable.
>>
So how much would an Avatar Mystic really need Intelligence? I'd rather start with 16 Dexterity and 14 Intelligence for character reasons (He was an archer in the city watch) but I don't want to be gimped.
>>
>>52199631
Dual wielding isn't horrible it's just not the best.
>>52199639
Perhaps I shouldn't have included the questioner in the cancerous statement, but why would you be concerned about that at all? There are very few things that are going to put you so far behind other players that you could be called useless or not contributing fairly, in this edition, at least.
>>
>>52199667
True, but before making a char who will never be able to use cool bonus actions, you should know what you're doing.
>>
File: Magical realm.png (40KB, 361x240px) Image search: [Google]
Magical realm.png
40KB, 361x240px
>>52199648
Well, I don't know how your party would react to this, but not every player is going to respond kindly to child rape being session's focus.
I mean, even just raping a female PC is usually considered a poor taste. And you want to involve children - well, a succubus who shapeshifted into a child, big difference.
Are you SURE you want to do that?
>>
>>52199674
I've played low strength warlords and low wisdom shamans in 4e, its workable.
>>
>>52199713
>in 4e
>>
How should I go about learning d&d? I already have a physical book and some character sheets plus the entire internet for resources. Basically I would like to just talk to someone about the topic though. Are teachers a common thing to ask for on /tg/?
>>
>>52199758
5e is piss easy, anon. There's nothing to learn.
>>
>>52199758
READ THE BOOKS, that is all.
>>
>>52199758
Try watching some podcasts about D&D, or read the dungeon master's guide if you have that. Any particular questions?
>>
File: 1335599192020.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
1335599192020.gif
174KB, 299x240px
>>52199695
It won't be rape, just a bit of inappropriate kissing.

Then the succubus will scream about all the weird shit anon is into and fade into the ether whilst still keeping charmed control of them for the day.

If you're willing to play in a world with succubi and demons then you accept the consequences.
>>
>>52199758
Read the whole thing cover to back, then find a game. Alternatively you don't do anything, and just find a game, I've played with multiple people that have sat down with 0 knowledge of what a d20 was.
>>
>>52199695

Not him, but the point is obviously that an NPC wants to send an agent to humiliate the PC (using a CR 4 monster, so its not at all unstoppable). No fucking or arousal is required.
>>
>>52199758
Everything works out of the box as well, unlike in other systems.
>>
>>52199674
It's fine as long as you don't need higher DCs and are mostly using Strength or Dexterity based attack roll powers.
>>
>>52199456
>Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d6 (or 4) your Constitution modifier per wizard level after 1
typo

>(a) Potion of Resistance or (b) 3x 1st level Scrolls
how about no?

>However they can command the Inanimagus as a free action.
there's no such thing as a free action. Also, what is the fucking range?

>Whenever your Inanimagus takes damage, you
take the same amount of damage
what, it has infinite hp? change it to something like "when it would take damage, you take it instead. There's some stuff like that on the phb that you can borrow the wording from

>you instantly recover 1 point of exhaustion.
>be at 0 exhaustion
>reach famous spot
>go to 1 exhaustion
wording faggot, wording

>Additionally, all cone and AoE ranged spell effects can be centered on yourself
make it explicit that it's from your casting, or people could redirect dragon breaths with this

lv18 feature is worthless. Just fucking plane shift

>you may add your proficiency bonus to the magic attack rolls
you mean damage rolls?

>14th level feature is just being able to summon the wand back to you, something that the level 1 command inanimagus pretty much accomplishes already

in contrast, lv18 feature is just too strong. Making it impossible to disrupt concentration is very prone to abuse. Maybe change it to allowing you to concentrate on 2 effects and, when you lose concentration, it's in only one at a time?

>1 spell slot to reduce 1-4 damage
this is terrible. Why wouldn't you just cast shield or absorb elements?

> instant action
no such thing

what is the power of ring control?
where are the rest of the features?
why am I such a faggot?
discover friday, at globo reporter
>>
>>52199819
The point is, there are infinite ways of humiliating or removing a PC that don't involve pedophilia.
>>
>>52199806
The succubus could also make him start arguing with NPCs that there is nothing unusual or deviant about (disgusting thing the succubus claims he's into).
>>
>>52199758
Imma throw you a bone here, and teach you everything you need to know about 5e before starting:
Roll a d20, add that shit up, tell your DM the result. You're done.

Congratulations, you've just graduated 5e-101.
>>
I've never understood what people mean about ability score increases locking certain races out of classes. My Wood Elf Barbarian will never see the light of day.
>>
>>52199851
But they aren't nearly as funny as the pedophilia
>>
>>52199851
>>
>>52199875
>funny
You've got the humor of an edgy, overly sheltered teenager
>>
>>52199851
While I don't advocate succubi being used for humiliating PCs (they already combine things that make players rage -- mind control and easy escape), framing someone as a pedophile isn't magical realm.
>>
File: edgear.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
edgear.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>52199875
Wew.
>>
>>52199887
Thanks!
>>
>>52199887
Eh, "people getting misunderstood as pedos" is a pretty standard comedic situation, not even remotely "edgy" or "sheltered."
>>
>>52199920
You might be watching too much chinese cartoons, anon.
>>
>>52199847
>you instantly recover 1 point of exhaustion.
>be at 0 exhaustion
>reach famous spot
>go to 1 exhaustion
>wording faggot, wording

Literally nobody would believe this is what that phrase means.
>>
File: 1377566896181.gif (674KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1377566896181.gif
674KB, 245x180px
>>52199857
Nice.

>H-he had me l-locked in a d-dungeon
>There w-were hundreds of us d-down there
>*succubus fades into ether when no one is looking anon gets locked in prison*
>*cut to prison scene where anon is getting interrogated*
>TELL US WHERE THE DUNGEON IS
>YOU'RE A MONSTER
>YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DO TO GUYS LIKE YOU IN PRISON
>*meanwhile the succubus is laughing in his head and fading in and out of existence every time he's alone*
>*24 hours later the crime boss uses his power to get him released from prison*
>Succubus appears, you pissed off the wrong guy, leave town and never come back
>>
>>52199935
Is "The Office" edgy weeaboo shit?
>>
File: GAMA-KO-Endrinmaster-Content.jpg (612KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GAMA-KO-Endrinmaster-Content.jpg
612KB, 1000x1000px
So, the new Age of Sigmar dwarves finally led me to wanting to play a Dwarven Artifice/Tinkerer/Engineer.

How good is the Artificer and how much of a "dude that builds steampunk shit to fight" character can be made with it? Thinking about a dude similar to the Engineer from Torchlight 2, including 'power armor' and big-ass hammers and shit.
>>
>>52199441
using a two-hander is probably better in the long run. it frees up your bonus action, and works with GWM (and PAM if you're using a pike or glaive etc). Plus Great Weapon Fighting really puts the average damage up. By contrast, dual wielding requires a feat to do more than 2-3d6 damage (meaning without the feat you can outdamage them if you're using a 2d6 weapon) and certain classes, like rogue, can't even add their ability mod to the offhand attack.
>>
>>52199953
Did the office involve "forcing (him) to become a pedophile"? Because context is important, anon.
>>
>>52199950
>has complete control of investigation, prosecution, and judgement
Sounds like a worthy BBEG to go after.
>>
What do you think will be next arcana? They gave us mystic, now what? Are we back to boring stuff like "Creating backgrounds", "Food and provisions" and "Haggling unleashed"?
>>
>>52199981
I think he meant "person treated as a pedophile," anon.
>>
>>52199511
>Guaranteed to cause Player salt and butthurt. Ironically not when they use it.
One of my players is a huge fan of Charm and Hold Person.
It makes me feel way less guilty about throwing those spells and effects at the party.
>>
>>52200003
>Haggling unleashed
This sounds fun as fuck and some real rules for changing the price of items could be cool.
>>
>>52199937
Yeah, but the wording should be clear. That's a simple case, but if he managed to fuck up even that, what other kinds of fuck up would emerge that makes important stuff have multiple interpretations? See the other features in this homebrew. You have to be as clear and precise as possible, or you end up with stuff like the Kensei.
>>
>>52200010
That's funny, cause I'm pretty sure he meant what he actually said.
>>
>>52199998
For sure, I''d roll with it if this turned into an entire plot arc where they take down the Mafia.

At the moment they've entered into a shady deal with them for assistance in fighting the current BBEG.
>>
>>52199998

A single succubus could easily bust him back out.
>>
>>52199900
>Doesn't end on a funny or ironic note

Stuff like this scares me anon. Why are there people like this.
>>
>>52200041
If you like.
>>
>>52199900
I feel kinda ashamed I wear boots like that.
>>
>>52200063
Because it's been a while since we sent children to wars.
>>
File: 1489443176888.gif (335KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489443176888.gif
335KB, 400x400px
>>52199758
Don't even think about multiclassing until you either play through an entire campaign or get to level 9 in a campaign.

If you hear anyone irl talk about "Novas" then you have to realize that they are going to roleplay badly and only ever care about building a strong character.

Bring your fair share of snacks to the session but make sure it's shit that won't ruin a character sheet. If you're going for chips, make it shit like Lays, not fucking Cheetos. If you're going healthy, apples and shit, not pomegranate.

Never metagame, or at least keep it to an absolute minimum. It will hurt your investment in the game and piss off the DM. Metagaming is using out of character knowledge to inform in character decisions. If your DM talks to you about what a great twist the nice NPC betraying you will be, don't start trying to kill him the next time you see him apropos of nothing.

There will always be someone at the table you have gripes with. It may be that someone focuses too much on trying to dick on people, or someone who only interacts with the game when it's their turn in initiative, or someone who will literally never stop joking around, even in serious scenes. If it's a minor gripe, live with it, if it escalates, try and talk it out with them. Letting it stew will only hurt everyone when it eventually bubbles over. And it WILL bubble over.

Finally, try and have fun. If you aren't having fun, you're playing wrong. Act in-character, but if you find the character restrictive, then change him up or even change him out. No DM worth a damn will stop you from switching a character if you explain you aren't enjoying the game.

Have fun.
>>
File: pol goes shopping.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
pol goes shopping.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
>>52200082
Could be worse.
>>
>>52200103
"Nova" is a perfectly legitimate term to use.
>>
>>52200103
>If you hear anyone irl talk about "Novas" then you have to realize that they are going to roleplay badly and only ever care about building a strong character.
Hi there, Stormwind Fallacy. Long time no see.
>>
File: Jack.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jack.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>52200046
>bust him back out
You have to go beyond the law, anon.
https://youtu.be/ayO4gjwTXC8?t=59m44s
>>
Is the Weapon Master feat ever worth it if I'm just trying to get Rapier proficiency?
>>
>>52197076
Always get higher level spells. Polymorph, Banishment and Conjure Minor Elementals are your 4th level power plays.
>>
>>52200143
No, it's not. If you don't have rapier proficiency, chances are, you don't actually need it.
>>
>>52200133
I was thinking the much less interesting route of "charm a guard captain/etc into handing him a slip of paper with instructions and letting him out, and her shapechanging to take his place til he's home free."
>>
>>52200129
>>52200130
All I can say is, the only time I've heard someone use Nova as a term in real life was when the guy literally never spoke in character. His entire time in the campaign was contributing nothing but another body in fights and referencing memes whenever someone said something like "frog" or "blade" or "teleport."
>>
Anyone ever found a use for Ritual Caster?

Never saw a reason for any non-caster to learn it and every caster can already cast rituals anyway.
>>
File: 1435538356501.jpg (113KB, 700x634px) Image search: [Google]
1435538356501.jpg
113KB, 700x634px
What attack modifier does Bestial Claws use?
>>
>>52200164
Melee Mystic. Don't wanna multiclass because it'll raise a lot of eyebrows and I don't get Martial Weapons.

I could use a Dagger and not be at that much of a disadvantage but that feels gay as hell.
>>
>>52200178
>blog

Bored now
>>
>>52200189
What archetype are you then?
>>
>>52200189
Drows get rapiers, but then you'd have to play a Drow.
Variant human is your other option to get it at level 1.
1d4 to 1d8 is a sizeable difference, I wouldn't say it's wasted.
>>
>>52200178
Please fuck off back to plebbit.
>>
>>52200189

Go high elf. Short or Long sword.

Worst case scenario attack with longsword using animate weapon to use int.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
>>52200178
>>52200219
>>52200130
>>52200103
>Nova
>>
>>52200216
>>52200217
>>52200231
Avatar. I wanted to play a Human or I'd go High Elf for stats, weapons and BB or GFB.

I could go with a dagger and rely on the 1d8 class buff and 1d10 per PP. Another option's to just grab Heavy Armour master and use a spear.
>>
>>52200246
Heavy armor master is a very questionable feat, anon. You're not going to be fighting kobolds and goblins the entire game.
>>
>>52200179
First, its obvious that if there's any caster who can use rituals, then your PC having ritual casting is largely pointless.

Check out the implications, for example, of Alarm or Commune with Nature. There is no roll for Alarm. Enemies just plain can't sneak past it. Commune with Nature, similarly, scouts a huge area.

Rituals offer very, very powerful effects. They will be mainly useful to something like a fighter or thief in a party without full casters, due to all the extra feats, but they're legitimately off the hook in terms of power.

You can just call up God and ask him a few questions.

Not too useful in all campaigns, but imagine how hard it would be to beat an enemy PC party, who uses all the ritual cast spells on YOU.
>>
http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?3927-Dust-and-Midway-Codenames-for-Upcoming-D-D-Hardcovers#.WMn29TsrKUk

Some leaks about upcoming D&D products. Not necessarily related to the four unnamed listings on Amazon (different ISBNs, prices) but these are legit.

Project Dust is the one that Pendleton Ward of Adventure Time contributed to.

Midway, given its timing (November) is probably some more mechanics-based book. However, they could mix shit up at any time, so who knows.

We also know that Artus Cimber and the Ring of Winter will show up in a 5e product this year (https://twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD/status/799801288242262016, hinted at in Storm King's Thunder, likely another adventure book). So in that case, Project Dust is like another FR adventure.
>>
>>52200264
Heavy Armor Master is surprisingly good. Few games go past level 8, and damage adds up. Its not just an anti mook thing.
>>
>>52191921
It's me again, Garbageman Mchomebrew.

I am taking suggestions, psionic archetypes for other classes preferred currently. I made one for monk already, so those requests are probably discarded automatically.

Shit, with the addition of Chromatic Knight, the entire file became too big for 4chan. Had to split it, so here's the shitty archetypes.
>>
>>52200286
I'm pretty sure those are very old news.
>>
>>52200286
>Midway, given its timing (November) is probably some more mechanics-based book.
I sure hope so. I've been hoping for a PHB2, and I've been holding off on buying SCAG if a new player handbook includes the SCAG archetypes. I have no use for the lore
>>
>>52200179
Only Bard Cleric Wizard Druid and Book Warlocks can cast rituals naturally,

Sorcerers, Paladin, Non-Book Locks and the various half casters and quarter casters can't naturally. Ritual Casting is also an OK choice if you're the designated ritual caster and you need to pick up spells that no one in your party can ritual cast.
>>
>>52200246
You cant.

Avatar dont have heavy armor proficiency.
>>
>>52200188
Intelligence. Psionic Ability states that you use Intelligence for all saving throw DC calculations, and attack rolls for disciplines.
>>
>>52200179
Find Familiar Flyby Owl
>>
>Having to drop 2nd level as an Immortal in Monk in order to be able to use any weapons besides a dagger
Curses, the prices we pay to be thematic. Stupid -2 strength. As if it didn't have enough bonus actions.
>>
>>52200449
Be a man, go Strength Immortal and hit people with a 1d8 quarterstaff
>>
>>52200364

>grab heavy armor master

Reading comprehension is hard.
>>
Has anyone ever run any of the following variant rules? If so, how did it affect your game, if at all?

> Hitting Cover
> Healer's Kit Dependency
> Injuries
> More Difficult Magic Item Identification
https://iourn.wordpress.com/2015/03/08/variant-and-optional-rules-in-5th-edition-dd/
>>
>>52200481
But I can't be a man, the character is a kobold. And already MAD for Int, Dex, and Con.
>>
>>52200482
That would be heavily armored, not heavy armor master.
>>
The real mystic nova is Psychic Grip for paralysis into Bestial Claws or Animate Weapon+Lethal Strike.

28d10 plus weapon damage.
>>
>>52200545
Ya know, I was thinking the Vitality system is a good alternative to the Injuries thing. It would also be a good way to handle MEAT POINTS fixation -- its genuinely cool to be able to have HP as "grit" and Vit as "meat" (saw that idea in an OSR thread).
>>
File: Herbalism & Alchemy.pdf (4MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Herbalism & Alchemy.pdf
4MB, 1x1px
is there any other stuff like this for other skills/proficiencies?
>>
>>52200597
I thought split up HP into the "grit and meat" by a ratio of 9 grit to 1 meat instead of adding another stat, I honestly did not know that OSR had done it too.
>>
>>52200666
It was for an ice age themed OSR RPG, iirc.

>ratio of 9 grit to 1 meat

Surprisingly, almost the same as Vitality uses
>>
>>52191921

>>Once ran an entire artificial game world based on Phantasy Star 3 but with Pirates and a Suikoden level of NPCs
>>Once took the comedy browser game Kingdom of Loathing and ran it as a serious setting with the numbers filed off
>>Ran Star Control 2 for a game in space that worked even better than expected
>>Ran VtM:Bloodlines for a party only moderately exposed to WOD at all
>>Still want to run a setting based on Ragnarok Online only with some sort of point and shit actually happening

Yeah so I snagged a few settings but ive never been caught and the players have always had a fun time
>>
>>52200684
It definitely helps shut up the I slice meat off my enemies faggots, 1/10th of your hp as your health points seems fair, it's why I'm using it.
>>
>>52197882
Point in favor of Blink, though: it also negates AoEs.
>>
>>52200771
I can't wait for the posthuman singularity so Dwarf Fortress can have graphics, I do in fact tend to wind up with high level adventurers that are grotesque hulks of meat that eat off night troll heads and such.
>>
>>52199441
2WF outclasses it at low levels. Zweihanders pick up steam when you get Great Weapon Master and extra attacks.
>>
>watching a LP of Nier
Would you allow a flying, talking book as a familiar?
>>
>>52200959
Yes, and I have used one analogously to a familiar once; demon imprisoned in the form of a book of lore used for imprisoning and combating demons, that bleeds warm ink, staining its masters fingers forever black and having to be chained shut when not in use.
>>
>>52200931
Honestly it wouldn't take Toady too long to fucking make some decent graphics and tie everything to the mouse, it would just ramp up the system requirements a bit, I think he's just lazy.

I want to play it more, but I cannot get past the controls, I want to click on a dwarf and then tell him what to do, or assign him to something, click and drag out my fortress and see what I'm doing in 3d, I know it's hard intentionally but fuck did he just make it overly difficult to learn.
>>
>>52200959
Yes. I'd also accept:
>as your standard grimoire
>as a warlock patron
>as an easter egg who gives you optional powerups
https://youtu.be/qGCIMSsHQPI?t=4m12s
>>
>>52201011
I'm waiting on DFHack to be updated, because I want to have a nice cozy adventurer fort that is just a loving couple, fighting off goblin invasions, exploring the subterranean realm and slowly making a yuge wall to protect civilization.
>>
Can you Baleful Transposition and Step of a Dozen Paces in the same turn?
>>
>>52201049
Haha, I want to build a fort that kills all nobles automatically, and lasts 5000 years, and kills all the demons, gaining population all the while. Then maybe, finally I think I could claim to have won Dwarf fortress.
>>
>>52201054
Don't see why not. If your DM counts teleportation as moving, you'd have to Step first, then Transpose.
>>
>>52201100
Does the Psy Limit effect this though because it does not say Discipline Option?
>>
>>52201087
Now that you'll be able to send out armies in the next version, I'm a little more optimistic about high population forts. I'd expect something like a 120 dwarf town to be frustrating, but if I can just send em out on quests, that doesn't sound too bad.

Depends on how quick and easy it is to send out your dudes, though.
>>
>>52201135
Currently, the psi limit refers to how many points you can spend on a single power, though many think it should be changed to a per-round limit. I think you'd still have enough to do it, though.
>>
>>52200959
Considering I use my dead sister's skeletal hand as my familiar I'd definitely allow a simple talking book.
>>
>>52200307
Notthatshitty/10

I like them in general, but haven't thought that hard about balance.
>>
>>52201142
well if anybody could actually figure out a way to make it so that you can control everything with a mouse, and easily you might be able to do it quick and easy even if you couldn't normally.
How is the magic in-game, I heard that was added a little while ago?
I really should build a computer specifically to play DF though, it takes hours to build a world to my liking on my laptop.
>>
>>52201158
Does that mean a flying character can't spend 6 points to teleport 120 ft. in the air then 5 points to Baleful Transpose someone into the air and take fall damage?
>>
>>52201209
That actually has nothing to do with the psi point limit and more to do with the fact that most DMs would rule you can't manifest baleful transposition while falling.

That said, as far as psi points are concerned, you're within the limits since you aren't spending more than 7 on a single power.
>>
>>52201227
Are you considered falling when you are using Baleful Transposition as you can fly?
>>
>>52201227
Oh right your speed is reduced to 0 so you would start falling, never mind.
>>
>>52201172
Calling them shitty is defense. People who would otherwise just come and say "It's shit" can't say that without feeling like a dumbass.

Ergo, the best way to present anything in 4chan is to acknowledge it's shit before anyone can claim that you would imply anything else.

This shit theory was provided by Garbageman McHomebrew.

I'm also quite fond of self-deprecating humor.

But yeah, did you have any requests or suggestions? I can homebrew anything.

Psionic Fighters? Rogues? Wizards?!(please no)!
>>
>>52201196
There isn't really magic, or much magic, per se. There's necromancers and animating biomes etc., and there are okayish mods for wizards of various sorts, but they tend to work with DFHack, which is lagging behind.

The next two updates will be about 1) artifacts and 2) myths, and due to the latter especially Toady is currently working on magic to a limited extent, but work on both is underway. The next update after that will probably put magic into a more conventional form.

64bit makes it run easier, but I still find its preferable to make a slim world, due to the time it takes to advance time.
>>
>>52201346
Oh I thought he had added magic in full, you know for dwarves, at least thats what people expected when I last checked.

Thats cool so he's adding generation for fleshing out the worlds you make, and then finally dwarven wizards enchanted demon slaying colossus fucking forgotten beats cucking weaponry, i hope.

I use the 64 bit version, but I can't resist having a big world, so my shit computer struggles and struggles and eventually suceeds and the game plays at at most 5 FPS, so it's slow going.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12540480

Posting this one a little early, since the sorcerer one's done well enough.

Shocked that Wild Magic's coming first, to be honest.
>>
>>52201498
Why are you shocked?
>>
>>52201513
Everyone always talks about how shit it is.
>>
>>52201513
It's one of the most banned archetypes across the community, due to its extremely random nature.
>>
>>52201438
What the fuck is this game? Some kind of DnD-based sim?
>>
So I am very new and following a tutorial on how to make a character and its talking about ability score. Video says to roll 4 dice and just subtract the lowest one. Is this the usual approach for making characters? How will people online know if I just give my characters super stats?
>>
>>52201558
When playing online, people often use random number generators instead of actual dice.

So usually your DM will either roll your dice for you, let you use a random number generator when he's around to confirm the rolls or blindly trust you.
>>
>>52201558
You're going to want to read the book. Start with the prologue and chapter 1.
Generating stats by randomly rolling is one method, but is considered a variant in 5e. Normally you either use the set Standard Array arranged as you see fit, or Point Buy, both explained in that first chapter. Rolling for stats is a hotly contested method due to people who argue for or against having equal power levels, so you're going to want to see how your DM does things. It's a safe call that most allow standard array.
>>
>>52201558
Because no one gets super stats based on random dice. The odds of getting even one 17 or 18 are incredibly low, let alone three or four.

That's one way of doing it, but the other is Point Buy. Where you get a certain amount of points (usually 25) to use to buy stats. An 8 stat would cost 0 points, whereas a 15 would cost 9 points, with differing amounts in between.
>>
>>52201540
It is dwarf fucking fortress, and No because you can't have Fun in D&D because in d&d you can actually win against the Fun, you must be really new if you don't know exactly what it is.

The premise is you build/run/manage a Fortress populated by Dwarves, they love Fun, they seek Fun, they will teach you to love Fun too, go learn and have Fun.
>>
>>52201594
You're mistaken. Rolling or array are the standard options, point buy is the variant.
>>
>>52201601
>>52201594
>>52201584
Thank you for the help!
>>
>>52201604
You can "win" DF to the same degree you can "win" D&D. I like DF but I wouldn't say its that hard to create a stable system, you can probably sit down, figure out the controls, and make a safe, stable fortress in one day.

Much more difficult is maximizing the amount of features at one embark site, imo.
>>
>>52201631
I was memeing the newbie, I know it's possible to make a stable fort, but even if you're naturally predisposed to the complex controls, you will still be having lots of Fun. no matter what you do, Fun will find you, and it will get you.
>>
So, did you guys submot a Phylactery for their silly little Phylactery contest yet?

What was it?
>>
Alright, I'm going to DM for the first time
Does anyone have any specific tips?
>>
>>52201527
Favorite isn't necessarily best.
>>
>>52201675
I must be autistic because as much as I absolutely loved DF when I played it for a few years, my Fun always came from building a stable fort and loving my dorfs until my shitty PC ran the game too slowly for me to fully enjoy anymore.

I get stupidly attached to little NPCs, I always try to save dudes in first person shooter campaigns and not let people die in campaigns for games like StarCraft, so I got a little sad when really bad things happened to my dorfs, even though it's a huge part (arguably the point) of the game. I mean, I played a lot, they got kidnapped, killed, there were accidents, general Fun, and I felt a little bad but not like, "fuck me I can't play this." It was all part of the game, but I cared for the little dudes too much to go out of my way to seek Fun for them.

It only gets worse as the mastermind Toady codes more complex dorfs with more complex bodies allowing more complex wounds and pain and sadnesses and Fun and I mean I'm still going to play the fuck out of it again after I upgrade my computer, I never felt THAT bad.
>>
>>52201862
Why the fuck are you talking like that, you fucking autist?
>>
New thread this way >>52201923
>>
>>52201841
Don't play favorites.
Don't railroad too hard.
If the party doesn't get anything moving, push them in the right direction if you notice them also no longer having fun with that thing.
It's generally better to just let the party try the stuff they want to do instead of saying straight no. Just set the DC for it very high if you really don't want it to happen but still let them roll.
>>
>>52201862
I never said I felt bad, I learned how much Fun could be had watching things spiral out of control, I admit I do much the same as you do, but I won't lie and say I haven't done some depraved shit on purpose, like the whole dwarven child-rearing thing? done that, still do it occasionally, because it's hilarious that it works so well.
>>52201901
Because it's Fun Newfag, go look up and perhaps play Dwarf Fortress and you will understand also LURK MOAR!
>>
>>52201841
You're going to have to improvise.

The best ideas always, without fail, come once you've already gotten the players invested in a different plot hook, so be ready to deal with that.

Throw them against a low level horde of 5 or six enemies to test out their fighting styles, see how they synergize. Gobs, Kobs, something of that level.

If you're running homebrew, don't get too intricate in your world at first. Build a continent, map out the kingdom borders and capital locations, but don't get into small towns or anything.

Have fun.
>>
>>52201527
It kinda sucks because of how much it leans on DM fiat, but it's cool thematically.

>>52201558
Standard Arrays with some light point buy adjustment. Allows for a more balanced array while preventing stuff like 15/15/15/8/8/8 shittery.

I don't like rolling dice for stats because inevitably someone gets bad luck and doesn't like how their character is just bad, and someone gets really good luck and overshadows the plebs. Deterministic stat generation is better in 5e because stats matter much more than AD&D and I think 3.5. I mostly run games.
>>
>>52202578
Nein
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 220x174px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 220x174px
>play same campaign for 4 years
>little to no main plot progression despite excessive railroading
>whole story and everything revolves around one of the edgelord characters in our group
>whole mundane aspects of interaction with shopkeepers takes forever trying to talk in character while no actual adventuring happens
>all get fed up and politely ask DM to start a new campaign so we can be new characters
>they agree
>arrive at next session with deeply written backstories and plans for our characters
>'Edgelord drifts off to sleep, he hears voices and awakens to seeing strange new people around him'
>'He feels like he is dreaming, but he feels like he wants to adventure with these people'
>new campaign is literally just a dream the edgelord is having
>edgelord is the same character, everyone else is new people
>new campaign is now even more all about edgelord
>mfw our rich characters and backstories mean nothing because we are just in some faggots dreams
>mfw our actions have no consequences so we become even more aimless and murder hobo
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.