[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chaotic stupid friend plays chaotic stupid character. Please advise.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1486406291591.jpg (82KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1486406291591.jpg
82KB, 640x1136px
So, i'm DM'ing a small campaign. In this setting, i'd like to have the player help different races with their problems in order to build an alliance against a demon cult who wants to destroy the world.

One player wants to play an aarokocra druid, sounds neat, right? Wrong.

Turns out, apparently his characters backstory is that his red plummage was "too pretty"? and the other aarokocra kicked him out of the nest/tribe. Now, he's killed everyone in his home nest, and plans genocide against all aarokocra. We agreed his character is considered nuetral evil, if not chaotic evil.

Literally the most important alliance I had planned was with a tribe of aarokocra priests/monks.

How can I convince this vengeful player/character that his characters backstory doesn't fit his race (aarokocra are usually good, right?) nor this setting?
>>
Talk with him. If he continues to be difficult or is just a plain douchebag, kick him out.
>>
>>52191786
Get rewriting anon.
>>
>>52191786
Don't let him play in your campaign if he refuses to buy-in to the basic premise.
>>
>>52191786
Drop a meteor on him and tell him to make a new character that works with your setting
>>
Did he know good aarokocra would be part of the campaign. If not then he hasn't really done anything wrong and you should write them out or change them moving forward. Or just keep then as is and see how it turns out. Could be pretty entertaining.
>>
>>52191838
OK I'm going to play Devils advocate here. Your story isn't set in stone so try to work around the evil characters motivations. Force his character to spare them for a while by dangling something he needs more in front of him. But if he plays like a douche and is edgy in general then he needs to stop it. Having a motivation like that is ok as long as it doesn't just define his character
>>
>>52191950
Whoops meant for op
>>
Make these new ones all have red plumage like him. Say their nest was formed after thier original nest (the one he wiped out) turned on them.
They will know his feels and be quietly happy about what he did.
>>
>>52191838
>Don't let him play in your campaign if he refuses to buy-in to the basic premise.
This. Always.

>>52192077
>Make these new ones all have red plumage like him.
I like that this takes away from his "I'm the prettiest, bestest ever" quality.
>>
>>52191838
>>52192077
OP here. Thanks for the advice. I'll give his character a chance at redemption and family.

If he's "too edgy" to get on the other heroes' side, then he'll have to roll a new character.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.