[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k general, /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 473
Thread images: 59

File: 1464488691029.png (1MB, 1014x761px) Image search: [Google]
1464488691029.png
1MB, 1014x761px
>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
So is anyone going to use those new AOS dwarf models for an admech army?
>>
First for the mechanicus, and the Omnissiah

Ave Deus Mechanicus
>>
File: OrkDrinkin.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
OrkDrinkin.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>52185703
>I2

No furious c
>>
>>52185716
Not-squats
>>
>>52185721
>Power Fists are a Melee Weapon
>I1
>>
>>52185703
You linked to the shitty list builder.
>>
File: image.jpg (273KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273KB, 1000x1000px
>>52185716
These guys at least, plus a character or two.
>>
>>52185734

PFs aren't melee weapons, they're tank weapons.
>>
>>52185716

No but I want that one guy's anchor shaped power axe and those harpoons for my chapter.
>>
>>52185769
>aha GW you thought you got rid of us you fools!
>>
>>52185801
You use your Power Fists in the shooting phase?
>>
>>52185703
>Those veteran gamers out there will be keen to learn that much of the ruleset is based off of the classic Necromunda game, including some in-between game advancements and earning experience that can see your small recon-force grow to become an elite unit of honed killers.

So, yeah, Shadow War is Necromunda 2.0
>>
How to fix basic marines:

>remove free transports
>possibly remove BDC/Gladius entirely
>replace with 30k style FOC modification
>buff all the chapter tactics a little bit and revise the old FW ones

>bring grav-cannons down to Salvo 2/4, 18" range, remove grav amp, drop 5 points
>bring grav-guns down to Salvo 1/2", 18" range

>plasma guns don't Get Hot if you only fire one shot (should be a universal change)
>plasma cannons should be small blast, no Gets Hot, and have alternate profile: Large Blast, gets hot on 1 or 2 (basically, bake in the bonus from haemotrope reactors and make those fortifications reroll Gets Hot).
>power weapons dropped to 5 ppm, 10 for ICs. Fists are 15 ppm. Also universal changes.
>pistols go to 10 ppm, 5 for elites (universal)

>combine all veteran infantry units into one profile that can take all the upgrades on a per-model basis, all still elite slots
>vets start as normal marines but are required to buy 1-2 of the following: BS 5, A2, I5, Special Issue Ammo (2 ppm all around)
>Special Issue Ammo works on storm bolters and sternguard heavy bolters
>Veteran sergeants in tactical squads get their 2 upgrades included in their point cost
>tac squads can drop bolters for CCW or buy CCW for 2 ppm

>nerf bikes (universal change)

>apothecary HQ
>scout HQ
>>
>>52185868

I use them in the movement phase. FIST SHOCK
>>
>>52185931

Congratulations, you did nothing to gravstar builds and killed every other build including the casual ones.
>>
>>52185949
Gravstar? Like gravcents?

People still use those?

And by nerf bikes I mean bring them down to the level of jump infantry.
>>
>>52185993
>People still use those?

No, but they will after those changes.

>And by nerf bikes I mean bring them down to the level of jump infantry.

You mean the trash units that nobody takes except as part of broken ass formations where they have first turn guaranteed deep strike and charge?

I'm fine with nerfing OP shit but you're going to turn marines into orks.
>>
Make grav not affect vehicles
>>
>>52186009
The only nerfs are

>nerf bikes
>dump free transports
>reduce grav shots by 1

Literally everything else is a buff. They even keep ATSKNF and with Rites of War and such, they could still contend as objective-scoring monsters.
>>
OH GOD GUYS

SQUATS ARE BACK

SQUATS ARE FUCKING BACK
>>
>>52185931
"Get's Hot" is no where near are bad as you seem to think it is, especially for SM.

Also, why would pistols be so expensive? They are currently 1pt for most armies.
>>
>>52186048
>removed decurion
>removed objsec formation
>removed auxiliaries
>did stupid shit like dick around with useless wargear like plasma pistols when what you need to win games is mass melta or lascannons
>dicking around with useless fucking elite units
>buffing veteran sergeants on fucking useless tactical squads that no longer have any reason to be taken due to no gladius and will have to be double-paid in 5 man MSU

Maybe you should learn to play the game competitively before trying to balance.
>>
>>52186048
The fuck do you have against bikes?
>>
>>52186076

He's just a moron and doesn't realize non-RW/WS/Eldar/Nurgle bikes are complete trash.

Jump packs need to be buffed to +1T or something. They'd still be worse than bikes.
>>
>>52186084
Jump packs shouldn't have +1T, but they should be able to be used in both movement and assault phase.
>>
>>52185931
Doesn't fix the issue of MEQ not being worth their 13-15 points and you just removed all the things that helped make them playable.

Why wouldn't people just play Scout spam like late 6E with those changes. How do the marines beat Riptides and WKs?
>>
The new dwarf boat looks like a noisemarine gun.
>>
>>52186104
>How do the marines beat Riptides and WKs?
>Remove WK
>Remove RT
>>
>>52186097

Sure, take away the other half of the Raven Guard special rules after they already lost their strongest one while White Scars get to keep it without it even being a Chapter Tactic.
>>
>>52186104
What else beats Riptides and WKs besides other Riptides and WKs?
>>
>>52186118
>Raven Guard
literally who?
>>
>>52186112
>Remove Stormsurge
>Remove Flyrant
>Remove Imperial Knight
>Remove Magnus
>Remove Guilliman
>Remove Gargantuan Creatures
>Remove grav

Deal.
>>
>>52186062
Not bolt pistols dummy, the ones they have to buy. Grav, plas, inferno.

On that note, let at least Salamanders have inferno pistols, hand flamers and heavy flamers.

>>52186068
Yeah, now you have to actually try when you play marines, you can't just swamp the board with everything obsec and win.

I should have mentioned this too, but I thought it would go without saying: no faction edit should be done in a vacuum, because that's how power creep happens. So Tzeentch Daemons, CWE (and now Ynaari), Death Guard, potentially R&H would all need nerfs too.

>>52186112
This. Well, maybe not remove, but push their points costs up by a lot (at least 2.5x for Wraithknight) take them out of all the formations they're in. CAD or you can't use them.

GC as a unit class could use changes as well.
>>
>>52186144
>Yeah, now you have to actually try when you play marines

Too bad uncheesy marines are literally shit. "Try".
>>
File: overcoming_by_lynxc-d4phpk3.jpg (145KB, 1100x726px) Image search: [Google]
overcoming_by_lynxc-d4phpk3.jpg
145KB, 1100x726px
>>52186134

>Remove Guilliman

how about you remove yourself
>>
>>52186144
>implying Battle Company isn't "slowly get tabled" the army

You're fucking bad.
>>
>>52186144
>Not bolt pistols dummy

Then don't leave information out of your post like a dipshit next time.
>>
>>52186169
Guilliman the Chaos Deleter
>>
>>52186084
Marine bikes in general are good. IH Command Squad bikers are fucking dumb, DW bikers are annoying harassment units that can catch people in melee. Even without chapter tactics, current gravbike spam is good.

Hell, World Eater, NL, Cyclopia Cabal bikers, all good, or at least playable and slightly beneficial.

And the only other factions you didn't mention (who use bikes) were Orks and... I guess Necrons and Tzeentch have "jetbikes."
>>
>>52185931

Dark Angels literally replaced C:SM as top army. Vanilla didn't even top 8 LVO 2017. Top armies are currently

1st: Eldar
2nd: Tzeentch Daemons
3rd: Tau
4th: Dark Angels
5th: Codex: Space Marines
>>
>>52186134
You could avoid most of this by just making "No LoW choices" a game type.
>>
>>52186193
>all these bikes that have all these extra bonuses are good

And the other 20 chapters who don't get bike bonuses? How are those? We see so many Executioners and Black Templars bikes dominating right?

Think.
>>
>>52186182
Don't be a fucking retard. Why the fuck would he be talking about bolt pistols?
>>
File: 99800101050_GabrielSethNEW_01.jpg (37KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99800101050_GabrielSethNEW_01.jpg
37KB, 600x620px
>>52186201

Because Gabriel Seth and Dante are so OP?
>>
>>52186193
>And the only other factions you didn't mention
>Deldar
>Harliquin
>Scout bikes
>Squats
>>
>>52186217
>not wanting to play an army of 24 point gunslingers
>>
>>52186211
No one plays those chapters at the high-tier competitive level anyways. But if the average BT player used gravbikes in the average competitive LGS meta, it wouldn't be a waste of points (unless their whole meta was armorless daemons or some such).
>>
Squats are fucking back

now where is the fucking army supplement
>>
>>52186235
I assumed Deldar and Harlequins were part of Eldar.

Both of their jetbike units are extremely fast, and are now broken thanks to Soulburst.
>>
>>52186217
>he said as if that would have been less retarded than the rest of his post
>>
>>52186240
>These armies are already uncompetitive so let's nerf them the hardest

You should work at GW.

>But if the average BT player used gravbikes in the average competitive LGS meta, it wouldn't be a waste of points (unless their whole meta was armorless daemons or some such).

Why the fuck would BT pay that many points for NERFED bikes shooting NERFED grav guns you fucking dipshit?
>>
>>52186223
Apparently, why else did GW put them in that slot?
>>
>>52186264
Even though they were now Lords of War, they knew in their hearts they could never be Marneus Calgar.
>>
>>52186248
>all dark eldar are now Yneed

fuck off
>>
>>52186277
You mean Adarki Aeldari
>>
>>52186253
hey man, listen, I've played like 5 games now in my Tau only meta, so I think I know what I am talking, stop arguing with my objectively correct re-balances to the game.
>>
>>52186253
I was talking about the present, un-nerfed state of the game.

You may have missed the part where I said "buff most of the chapter tactics." That would include Black Templars, and basically all of them except IH, UM and WS.

You may also have missed the part where they get Rites of War.

You might have further missed the part where their vets get a cost reduction.

You may also have forgotten the bit where they could get IC apothecaries to join their blobs (though in BT's particular case that might be better solved if Grimaldus could join units with his Cenobytes, and if their chapter tactics or RoW let them get close-up).
>>
>>52186285
I did not
>>
>>52186300
Ok guys, so here is how you fix space marines:

remove all non-space marines
>>
>>52186277
tell that to GW
>>
>>52186311
>buffing chapter tactics instead of properly balancing the units

Should probably just remove CT and go back to 5E style

Back then Whirlwinds actually saw play.

>You might have further missed the part where their vets get a cost reduction.

Because making marines more hordey is the solution. Since when has points reduction EVER been the proper move? Fucking never, that's when.
>>
>>52185769
>GW squats fantasy so hard the squat themselves materialise in it
>>
File: inquisitorcostanza.jpg (8KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
inquisitorcostanza.jpg
8KB, 241x209px
>>52186339
>changing points costs on overcosted units?
>NEVER!
>>
>>52186320
>have only one codex (Space Marines)
>Only difference between 'factions' is chapter tactics and special characters

Balanced!
>>
>we will give you Squats but the price is the Old World.
>>
>>52186333
>implying there has ever been a 40k general without at least one person telling GW to fuck off.
>>
>>52186333
I thought I just did
>>
So played my first game against a friends orks allied with skitarii as my tau. I got absolutely bodied. Had fun but holy Shit did I overestimate my own shooting and underestimate his ability to haul ass.

He drops a skitarii maniple and cad of orks (14 boyz on bikes with pain boy and warboss on bikes) and 3 trukks full of boyz. I deploy closer to my table edge in cover to get as much time to shoot as possible. His bikes move 24 inches and get a 3+ jink (that because orks and twin linked basically has no downside) and moves the trukks up the flanks. He scout moves with the skitarii and gives +3 BS (holy fucking Christ). Dune crawler deletes squad of pathfinders, vanguard pull down my infiltrated stealth suits (-1 cover save and tad rifles are no joke) and his sniper pens my devilfish.

My turn, all my shooting is wasted on horrible rolls, even with marker light support I rolled well below average and he was making save rolls left and right. Ended up exploding a trukk and killing a few boyz.

His turn tied my big units up in assault and that was pretty much the end game, I didn't think he would be in my Shit that quickly and my poor rolls made it so I never stood a chance.

/blog
>>
>>52186359
>lowering point costs on elite units instead of just making the units worth their points

You're retarded and the reason why the game is currently Apocalypse levels at 1850. 1500 points used to buy you 20 marines, 5 terminators, a razorback, and a predator.
>>
>>52186401
- Pathfinders
- Devilfish
- Stealth Suits
+ Riptides

There, he will never beat you again.
>>
>>52186406
What if we made them worth their points... by lowering their point cost so what they did was worthwhile for what you paid?!

Snark aside, what would you change to make current Marine vets worth what they are?
>>
>>52186418
I brought a riptide and ghostkeek both of which killed like 5boyz and a trukk. I failed 4 2+ saves with the riptide.

A supremacy armor would not have saved my poor rolling
>>
>>52186251
The vast majority of bitching is bitching that marines will now get shit on by other degenerate builds like summon spam, suit spam, and scatbike spam, beacuse if a codex isn't degenerate it's not playable.
>>
>>52186438
You don't make them worth their points cost by lowering their points cost, you just change their points cost to reflect their current worth. You never changed their worth relative to their starting point.

Fail logic.
>>
>>52186440
-Get more Riptides.
-Field Riptide Wings.
>>
>>52186448

Name something that's not Orks or Tyranids that doesn't shit on a marine CAD full of power armor without grav or cheese.
>>
>>52185769
> Squats got Squatted
> Warhammer Fantasy itself got squatted
> Age of Sigmar happens, some Dawi show up
> 1 year later..
> Geedubs releases Squats for Age of Sigmar.
> It's literally Dawi in Power Armour

UREM BIZOL UDOZ, NANOTH OKIL OTHIL, GUZIL ZAMAM. NAZ-OKON AROL DELER LAM, AKUR AKIR AKAM.

AKUR AKIR AKAM.
>>
>>52186448
And the vast majority of your changes fail to understand that marines are literally shit, EXCEPT for bikes, grav, and formation. And guess what, that's all you see in the competitive marine lists. You'd think a human being with an IQ above 50 would see the connection.
>>
>>52186477
Imperial Guard without FW, Sisters of Battle, Dark Eldar, Necrons outside Decurion, non top-three CSM Traitor Legions, non-Tzeentch daemons.
>>
>>52186466
...what?

>marine veterans are overpriced relative to their actual value
>therefore their cost needs to be adjusted downwards
>so we're going to lower the point cost and give them an optional, priced buff.

The above is exactly what I did. Marine vets, per model, would cost at minimum 3 points less, at most 1 point less if they take 2 buffs. Furthermore, the cost of upgrading them would be reduced.

I'm unsure what your point is. Just fishing for (you)s?
>>
>>52186491
First off, the guy you replied to wasn't the OP of the changes ('twas I).

Secondly, my whole point is to remove the currently broken shit and allow marines to be competitive by:

1. reducing point costs for vets
2. more options all around
3. "Rite of War"-style FOC mods
4. keep their ATSKNF and include helpful line-holding/scoring stuff in those FOCs
5. Buff chapter tactics that need it
6. nerf the other top tier shit
>>
first for literally every faction is for autists
>>
So did anyone else hear about the breaking news from GW for the US today? For those that didn't, later this year GW is finally going to allow vendors to sell GW products online with a normal shopping cart experience, provided that the vendors have a brick and mortar store and do not sell for more than a 15% discount.

This is huge. GW is going back on a business decision they made in 2003.

I for one am looking forward to be able to order online AND support my FLGS at the same time, but at the same time this could be bad for all the shady ebay vendors who will now have to compete with legit stores.
>>
>>52186361
Well it kinda would be
Or at least all the Marines would be on equal ground innit
I personally think modelling and painting should be what distinguishes chapters from each other with rules so far behind that they haven't even observed Cadia exploding yet
>>
Who do you think the next daemon primarch to be released for 40k will be??
>>
>>52186648
Leman Russ.
>>
>>52186648
Fulgrim.
>>
>>52185769
Squats are fucking back
>>
>>52185931
This is why no one takes anons serious on this general or GW comments section
>>
>>52186608
I suspect this could lead to some very good sales in the beginning. All the new web stores will rush to try to gain market share.
>>
>>52186608

Does this mean that Australians like myself can buy from the US again?
>>
>>52186742
technically you can now, but stores are not allowed to have a shopping cart. Right now you have to call up the store or order through a spread sheet, like if it was the 90s still.
>>
What are the odds of the new Sky Dorfs being written in to the 40K universe?
The fanbase is rabid right now.
>>
>>52186648
Either Fulgrim or Mortarion with their respective cult units, then Angron+cults and fourth either Fulgrim or Mortarion if they weren't chosen for the second release.
>>
>>52186406
I have the 3rd edition rule book, you're fucking mad if you think that army costs anywhere near 1500 points.
>>
>>52186830
Unlikely, but it might get them a skitarii/GSC release if they're lucky enough.

That will definitely rustle the SoB players jimmies
>>
>>52186830
UCAT UDIR UCAT UMOM, OTIN NETAK OTIN NASHON, OR DEB AVUZ, RASH NUMOL LIBASH THOL!

RASH NUMOL LIBASH THOL!

OTIN NETAK OTIN NASHON, UCAT UDIR UCAT UMOM, OR DEB AVUZ, RASH NUMOL LIBASH THOL!

RASH NUMOL LIBASH THOL!

UCAT UDIR UCAT UMOM, ABOD BER, OTIN NETAK OTIN NASHON, ABOOD BER, OR DEB AVUZ RASH NUMOL LIBASH THOL!

RASH NUMOL LIBASH THOL!
>>
>>52186512
silly anon, none of those count!

Only SM, Eldar and Tau count!
>>
Why do snipers and barrage not have pinning anymore?
>>
>>52186636
So you're saying you just want to play 30k?

Obviously 40k would be more balanced if it was only one faction, but the game would be pretty fucking lame if it was just Space Marines only.
>>
>>52186879
I know these announcements are all very stimulating, but you need to rein the autismo in.
>>
>>52186842
no lorgar rip
>>
>>52186866
As an SoB player I don't see why, factions older than mine getting updated is less insulting than the new factions always getting updated over and over again.

Not that it matters, the IA rules are decent enough and the grishnak models are better than what ever GW would have released anyway.
>>
Does anybody know what happened to the black library link?
>>
>>52186943
He was quoted in GS3, not completely ignored.
>>
>>52186830
They got eated by nids.

But the Tau squat knockoffs would be cool to see.
>>
>>52186955
I would love any named characters for my word bearers army is more what im getting at
>>
>>52186911
Geedubs in their infinite wisdom decided that 3 very specific rules were largely useless, and therefore needed to be phased out of the game. These are Pinning, Precision Shots, and Precision Strikes. They wanted them to be vastly rarer so that as soon as the next edition rolled around, they could outright remove them and nobody would care.

To be fair pinning was absolutely shite and too unreliable to ever be considered useful unless it was outright spammed. And it wasn't spammable anyway.
>>
>>52186943
He'll be released as a GC chaos spawn since there aren't undivided daemon princes besides belacuck
>>
>>52186955
what did he say?
>>
>>52186977
pretty sure there is concept art for his demon primarch/prince form
>>
>>52186980
‘EVEN GODS HAVE THEIR LIMITS. MORTAL WEAPONS MAY FAIL TO HARM THEM, THIS IS TRUE. BUT PRIDE, ARROGANCE, AN EXCESS OF DEVOTION TO THEIR MORTAL SERVANTS THESE ARE BARBS WITH WHICH EVEN THE MOST DIVINE OF BEINGS MAY BE BROUGHT LOW.’
- Lorgar Aurelian
>>
>>52186948
Yup, I'm satisfied with IA, FoC and an updated Celestine. Good evidence that we're not getting squatted.

Just keep buying up those Immolators before they vanish again.
>>
>>52187002
I already have 6, but I guess buying more can't hurt.
>>
Triumvirate of Shit

Warboss
Hive Tyrant
Canoness
>>
>>52186118
So give RG something else, dumbass.
>>
>>52186911
Barrage does if you're IG ;^}
>>
>>52186919
No
Well I mean yes I DO want to play 30k but as far as 40k goes, I don't really see why we need more than 1 codex for the space marines. Obviously I'm not saying 40k should be ONLY marines.
>>
>>52187087
>Obviously I'm not saying 40k should be ONLY marines.
Blood Axe orks can be well represented as allying the Space Marine and Astra Militarum books

Hive Fleet Ultra follows the Codex Astartes and thus is best represented with the Space Marine codex

Chaos Space Marine players have been told to use the regular space marine codex for years and for good reason.

Greenwing Dark angels might as well just use the regular book.

If it weren't for Death Company, there would be no reason to use the Blood Angels book over the regular space marine book.
>>
>>52186371
The anon writing to GW customer service about his 'Broken' ork models was pretty funny.
>>
>>52187163
tell me more
>>
>>52186440
He didnt say riptide anon, he pluralized it.

But seriously Tau is at a point right now you could easily build a list that would delete his orks from across the table so hard it might strip the paint.

If you have a good friend playing orks with you as your army grows keep it fun for him too, his boyz need some love to be worth a damn right now.

Hopefully they get it soon.
>>
File: 1489557923753.jpg (346KB, 749x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489557923753.jpg
346KB, 749x1200px
>>52185720
>>
File: 1489557923753 (1).jpg (341KB, 749x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489557923753 (1).jpg
341KB, 749x1200px
>>52187191
Alternate meme
>>
>>52187206
The lingua technis is a beautiful thing.
>>
How does someone go about making transfers? I'm building blood ravens and I need some dumb decals.
>>
>>52187281
1) Find decals in appropriate scale
2) Buy decal printing paper appropriate for your printer
3) Apply a gloss coat over the printed decals
4) Bob's your dad's brother
>>
File: 01101100 01101111 01101100.jpg (366KB, 749x1200px) Image search: [Google]
01101100 01101111 01101100.jpg
366KB, 749x1200px
>>52187191
>>52187206
>>
File: Triumvirate of Shit.jpg (111KB, 900x807px) Image search: [Google]
Triumvirate of Shit.jpg
111KB, 900x807px
Any advice for these guys? Just purchased them in the gw store
>>
>>52185931
mixed thoughts on the other suggestions but i do agree with the plasma guns getting hot rule, it is kindof stupid to think that a gun outright has a chance of killing its operator when used normally, but firing it too many quickly and having it overheat makes a lot more sense.

unless plasma weaponry for the imperium is extremely experimental that isnt something im too aware of in space marines fluff.
>>
File: 1464038191356.gif (114KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
1464038191356.gif
114KB, 300x196px
>>52187368
e-pigg mem u shuld snort a pound of crushed gladd 2 b rmoar randum eksdee.
>>
>>52187368
Sick bait. Why not throw one of the Dark Eldar SC's on there to make it less shitposty?
>>
>>52187368
so fahny mark
>>
Still looking for tips on how to improve the list.

Especially unsure about special weapons' choices and CCWs on troops.

One Anon suggested Lascannons on one of the Havocs' squads. Thoughts?
>>
>>52187368

There's a few ways to really maximize their potential. Ghazghkull's "Fearless Leader" special rule makes all members of the Triumverate roll on the Mob Rule table, which can turn the tide of a game. This works well in conjunction with Monstrous Regeneration from the Swarmlord, which grants all Triumverate members within 3" a 6+ FNP save; definitely a noticeable improvement! In case you needed something extra, the Cannoness's March of Faith might stop you from taking Transports in your army, but it comes with a powerful trade-off; all units in her army gain the Slow and Purposeful special rule!
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg (209KB, 900x898px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg
209KB, 900x898px
>>52187419
FUG
>>
>>52185769
This totally fit 40k more than AoS.
They are way beyond just steampunk and basic tech.
They have damn optics!

I'd let someone run them with C:SM rules.
>>
File: GAMA-SWA-Scenery-Content.jpg (844KB, 1000x742px) Image search: [Google]
GAMA-SWA-Scenery-Content.jpg
844KB, 1000x742px
Are we excited about this?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/15/war-returns-to-armageddon/
>>
>>52187447
I wish their guns were more high-tech. I'd totally run them as Space Marines if they had not-bolters instead of flintlocks.
>>
>>52187460
The scenery is great, the models are shit.
>>
>>52187460
Need more info, but yes.
Apparently every faction can be used.
>>
>>52187460
If only it come with actual new kit instead of bobblehead scout.
>>
>>52187477
Here are a few of the units that you will be able to use, in case you wanted to get started building and painting now:

Skitarii Rangers
Chaos Space Marines
Cultists
Dark Eldar Wyches
Dire Avengers
Eldar Guardians
Harlequin Troupe
Grey Knights Strike Squad
Necron Immortals
Necron Warriors
Tau Empire Pathfinder Team
Tyranid Warrior Brood
Neophyte Hybrids
Scouts
Scouts with sniper rifles
Cadian Infantry Squad
Ork Boyz

Oh goody, can't even have a use for Kommandos.
>>
>>52187460
>Blood Angels vs Ork Boyz
>vs Ork Boyz
>Ork Boyz
>>
>>52187497
"Read WD to find out rule about unit not include in our core rule book."
>>
>>52187460
I'll be picking this up for the terrain alone, assuming it's not massively overpriced.
>>
>>52187464
Yeah but the Ad. Mech. guys run around with not-flintlocks and not-muskets, as do inquisitors, so it would work out okay.
>>
>>52187500

Don't worry, we can also throw our Boyz against all of this >>52187497 too.
>>
>>52187460
So are we finally getting new Fallschirmjäger, I mean Steel Legion? It might be something to get excited for.
>>
File: giphy.gif (89KB, 255x134px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
89KB, 255x134px
>>52187507
>>
>>52187500
WE NPC RACE MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
>>52187509
Skitarii guns actually look more like M1 Garands to me.
>>
>>52187514
No, of course not. Did you even read the article?
>>
File: top notch.jpg (66KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
top notch.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
>>52187460
>Dat Skull Spider
bueno
>>
>>52187540
No, spoonfeed me.
>>
File: 1483591028577.png (1MB, 675x970px) Image search: [Google]
1483591028577.png
1MB, 675x970px
>>52185769
Maybe...
>>
File: 14895523512110.jpg (262KB, 800x1007px) Image search: [Google]
14895523512110.jpg
262KB, 800x1007px
Tell me, 40k serfs, how does it feel to get a meagre new army once in two years? How much rage and frustration do you feel when you see AoS getting new armies every couple of months?
>>
>>52187627
Count's as "Chinoork" Warkopta with rattler gun.
>>
>>52187650
Same way I feel as PC gamer when a new derivative of candy crush is launched every month.
>>
>>52187627
Why do the orkz use cuneiform?
>>
>>52187650
But Anon, AoS needs to be fleshed out and most armies are just the old models repackaged

At least AoS can redeem Beastmen and Orks as good armies instead of shit tier npc races
>>
>>52187669
It's can be applied to virtually anything with a axe.
>>
>>52187650
What new armies and why are you posting squats while talking about AoS?
>>
So Squats, are they Xenos or Abhumans ?
>>
We are starting gorka morka game. Any advise on building mob and trukk? Should i go for the biggest car?
>>
>>52187740
Abhumans recognized by Imperium, mentioned in core rulebook since 6th ed.
>>
>>52187754
So i can't either send my Deathwatch after them or ally my Dark Angels with them...
>>
>>52187775

Abhumans are sanctioned by the Imperium, they are not mutants.

I know the Dangels are

1. Functionally retarded
2. Heretics

But are they so fucking stupid they can't tell the difference between a Ratling / squat and a Chaos Spawn?

Are they REALLY that fucking stupid?
>>
>>52187422
The last bit killed me.
>>
>>52187790
Rule wise i coud ally them, it was an old rule in 3rd or 4th.
But fluff wise, since abhumans are basicaly mutants.... KILL THE MUTANT
>>
File: CAD1850.jpg (590KB, 1800x1894px) Image search: [Google]
CAD1850.jpg
590KB, 1800x1894px
How would you go about making this better?
>>
>>52187811
And Watchers in the Dark are xenos/daemons ignored because they're enetirely untouchable.
>>
>>52187425
>raptors as an alternative to bikes
Less fluffy and objectively worse on the table
>>
>>52187849
Earlier he stated it's the only FA unit's he's got.
>>
>>52187425
Death guard bikes are one of the best units in the 'dex right now
use them
>>
>>52187849
They should adjust bikes to be the better mobile fire platform and jump packs to the best gotta-reach-melee-fast option.

But we all know next edition is just gonna be even more of a shitfest than what 40k is now.
>>
>>52187669
Ancient Alienz
>>
File: editmesenpai.png (92KB, 676x2330px) Image search: [Google]
editmesenpai.png
92KB, 676x2330px
I had to cut down my list to 1250, what do y'all think of this?
>>
>>52186121
Grav weapons and poison work well, riptides will die to mass shooting but WKs need dedicated anti-armour shooting to bring down
>>
>>52187460
im gonna just buy it for the scenery. it looks 10/10.

and i could always use more boyz
>>
File: Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg (778KB, 1800x2852px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg
778KB, 1800x2852px
>>52185703
Reposting my list.

1850 Ultramarines, Captain rides with the one Tactical Squad

>>52185931
your ideas are shite mate
>>
>>52186311
>You may have missed the part where I said "buff most of the chapter tactics." That would include Black Templars, and basically all of them except IH, UM and WS.
Great, more special rules bullshittery because you fail to understand what a statline is actually worth. Fun fact: Gladius and shit already give special rules out the vagoo and tacs are still only used to sit on objectives.

>You might have further missed the part where their vets get a cost reduction.
congratulations, they're still useless if they're above 10 ppm because

a) 3+ is worthless and Marines pay for it
b) melee is worthless because getting into melee requires a minimum 250 point transport or formation tax and even then isn't guaranteed
c) Marine infantry has too little damage output to actually work as damage dealer as it stands as all the shots are balanced around ~3rd edition levels of unit resilience and general army size.

Next post will detail how to ACTUALLY fucking fix Marines (and derivatives, honestly most of that shit can be applied to Grey Knights etc)
>>
>>52187497
>Oh goody, can't even have a use for Kommandos

>Here are a few of the units that you will be able to use

Dude its not a complete list of everything thats in, do you really think chaos marines are in but vanilla marines aren't?
>>
>>52188072
>Global Changes
At double the cost of every 1 or 2 shot AP 3 ranged weapon.
Triple the cost of every template AP 3 weapon or AP 3 weapon with 3 or more shots.
Triple the cost of every AP 2 and 1 weapon with 1 shot.
Quadruple the cost of every AP 2 or 1 weapon with 2 or more shots or a template.

Every Jump Pack unit may charge from Reserves and Deep Strike.

Consolidate into melee is allowed again.

Hull Points are removed.

>Marine Changes:
Terminators get T5 and 2W and increased to 50 ppm.

All 3+ Marine units get their cost increased by 3 points.

Every Marine Squad may double fire their Bolters, Bolt Pistols, Storm Bolters and Heavy Bolters, but may not fire them next round. This applies to Specialist Ammo.

Special and Heavy weapons are all 5 points less on Tacs, Devastators pay the same as tacs, missile launchers auto-include flak missiles.

Sternguard Vets get one special or heavy weapon per 5 models for free.

Vanguard Veterans pay 5 points less for specialist melee weapons, and they roll 3 dice for consolidate and and pick the highest.

All dreadnoughts have the enemy roll 2 dice on the damage table and the Dreadnoughts player may select which result he wants to apply.
>>
I can't believe Squats are back.
>>
>>52188144
Slowpoke.jpg

They've been back since 6e.
>>
>>52186134

Found the butthurt scatbikspamming eldar player
>>
>>52188141
>>Global Changes
>At double the cost of every 1 or 2 shot AP 3 ranged weapon.
>Triple the cost of every template AP 3 weapon or AP 3 weapon with 3 or more shots.
>Triple the cost of every AP 2 and 1 weapon with 1 shot.
>Quadruple the cost of every AP 2 or 1 weapon with 2 or more shots or a template.
Yeah I stopped there, you're a complete fucking retard.
>>
>>52188168
You know he meant tabletop, you sillybilly.
>>
>>52188141
>Quadruple the cost of every AP 2 or 1 weapon with 2 or more shots or a template.

Oh great, my Shokk Attack Gun now costs 235 points minimum to field. Thanks for that. Oh, and my Kustom Mega Kannons are 120 points base.
>>
>>52188184
>implying the ork codex is an accurate scale to see if a global change is sensible
>implying the ork codex doesn't need a complete rewrite anyway and having Nobz in Megaarmour be worth a damn again isn't a bigger boon than having some ranged weapons be non-viable
>>
>>52188184
Orks dont belong in 40k
Now fuck off
>>
>>52188172
what army do you play, anon?
>>
>>52188141

>Triple the cost of every AP 2 and 1 weapon with 1 shot.

Yeah because my Multimeltas were SUCH a threat.

>Consolidate into melee is allowed again.

Jesus fuck no. My Sisters of Battle would get ONE shooting phase. Ever.

That does not work at all with 'Short range shooting armies that are not good at melee'
>>
>>52188198
>some ranged weapons be non-viable
Nigger you want a single lascannon to cost 75 fucking points.
>>
>>52188198
It would now cost 360 points to bring 3 plasma calivers in a Skitarii army.
>>
>>52187368
>SoB
>Shit
Pick one. Do you think 1d4 is true or just play broken tier armies.

Leaving the over the top broken armies aside SoB are the best.

Fucking scrubs never playing the game.
>>
>>52188219
Seems appropriate, a Lascannon can pretty easily one shot a ~75 points tank.

>>52188227
Then don't bring 3
>>
>>52188205
Tyranids, Skitarii, Ultramarines, and Guard.

You literally don't have the barest fucking conception of game balance. Like you might be the worst person at this I've ever seen post in these threads.
>>
What we need to do is punish melee more. Double the cost of powerfists, pistols, lightning claws and thunder hammers. Every power weapon gets "always strikes last". Charge range is now a static 3". Overwatch gets +1 to hit because it's so easy to hit retards charging at you and is obviously fired at full BS.
>>
>>52188204
youre right it should only be chaos and space marines. remove everything else
>>
Can abhumans interbreed with normal humans? How common are psykers among them? How devastating would a genestealer infection on an ogryn world be?
>>
>>52188234
Or don't make a weapon that has a 50% chance of killing it's user cost 120 points.
>>
>>52188235
I honestly don't understand why you're so upset. The big problem for Marines is that 3+ doesn't mean shit because low AP or high volume of fire is cheap as fuck to come by.

Another big problem of the game in general is that vehicles suck because High Str Low AP weapons are cheap as fuck to come by and invalidate the supposed defense a vehicle gets through his AV.

Solution: Make that shit more expensive.
So what the fuck is your problem?
>>
>>52188234
>>52188234
>Seems appropriate, a Lascannon can pretty easily one shot a ~75 points tank.
Not really, its hard enough that even at 25 points they're already overcosted and almost never used if another option is available.
>>
>>52188231

As a SOB player I wouldn't say the best but they've always been a solid mid-range army.

It's hard to really make 'Cheap power armour, BS 4 meltaguns and flamers' a BAD choice and the exorcist is consistently good.
>>
>>52188265
Just because other stuff is more spammable or more broken does not make this ok.
>>
>>52188234
>Seems appropriate, a Lascannon can pretty easily one shot a ~75 points tank.
A Guardsmen heavy weapons team firing a lascannon has a 4.16% chance of killing an AV 12 tank in 1 shot.

That's less than one time out of every 20. It will happen once out of every 3 to 4 games.

That's not even factoring if it gets a cover save, or if it's out of line of sight for a turn, or if the squad gets pinned and is making Snap Shots, or can't fire because it's locked in combat.

You are the dumbest faggot ever.
>>
>>52188265
R E M O V E O P T I O N S
>>
>>52188263
Because making shit 4x as expensive is retarded. You may as well just hardcap the number of a certain weapon you can bring depending on what point level you're playing at.

Either way all you'd be doing is making wound spam the meta instead.
>>
>>52188141

So you want my exorcist to cost 405 points? As that's triple cost.
>>
>>52188231
>he wasted a billion fucking money to collect a metal army which is mid tier at best
No, anon. You are the loser.
>>
>>52188253
>Can abhumans interbreed with normal humans?
In principle yes, assuming physical size differences don't get in the way.

How common are psykers among them?
Depends on the type, most are probably around the same rate as humans

How devastating would a genestealer infection on an ogryn world be?
Potentially very, for that planet.
>>
>>52188234
Single shot weapon...

Needing a 3+/4+ to hit, facing AV13/14 needing a 5+/6+ to pen and then a 6 to explode it.

The amount of luck needed for an anti tank weapon to do its job is retarded.

The problem are not weapons blowing up vehicles in one shot, the problem is vehicles are utter shit compared to MC and GMC.

A retard with a meltagun can blow up a tank reliably, a veteran with a meltagun can luckily wound a MC/GMC
>>
>>52186879
YIP YIP YIP!
>>
>>52188270
Well it kinda does, if an option is rarely picked because n its not spammable or broken then it doesn't need fixing. The spammable/broken stuff is what needs a change.
>>
>>52187191
eretex, maybe
>>
>>52188272

Not him but if I wanted to make heavy weapons useful and things a bit less instant kill...honestly, I'd remove the armour value system.

Stat all vehicles like creatures (So a Land Raider might be T8 2+ save for example). So you can more reliably expect a tank to absorb a certain amount of punishment rather than having that chance that it instantly explodes on the first hit hanging over it.

Haywire becomes 'Poison for units with the vehicle keyword'

Combine that with bringing back Multiple Wounds (So meltaguns might get Multiple Wounds d3 at half range and multimeltas d6). Eternal Warrior negates the effects of Multiple wounds for the model.

That would, however, require a staggering amount of reworking for all the codexes.
>>
I feel like with the neglect and outright abuse that Tyranids have copped over the last 8 years, coupled with the recent (post-Merret) love that GScults are getting (complete with mentions of them having made it to Terra), the main line of bugs which is for the most part, older models anyway, will be pushed into the background in favour of Cults being the gribbly monster faction. I know it's a meme to call the bugs NPCs at the moment but does anyone else actually think this is likely? Pic somewhat related.
>>
>>52188204
>orks
>not the first and best xenos race

neck yourself
>>
>>52188141
Rather than globally nerfing everything with a decent AP value, it should be more easy to be outside line of sight. And Ignore Cover has to be removed from everything execpt flame template weapons.

For example, units can no longer shoot through terrain like forests and ruins, and no more shooting through other units if the target unit isn't taller than the unit you're trying to shoot through.

Basically True Line Of Sight should be thrown into the trash and a more abstract and easy to use line of sight system should be used. Because fuck peering over the table for half an hour to determine wether that ork boy can see past the trukk, around that tree, through the unit of meganobz, and over the little bit of rubble.
>>
>>52188204
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAH
>>
>>52188313
>That would, however, require a staggering amount of reworking for all the codexes.
It would, yeah. All sorts of problems crop up with it.

The system could use some overhauls but that's pretty drastic, and it would also mean all those books would need to be overhauled at the same time. Basically unless they Age of Sigmar us with 8th edition, which may or may not be happening, we'll never see a change that big.
>>
>>52188269
On the totally arbitrary power level scale SoB are the top mid.

Ignoring the abortion of mix maxing armies it would be something like this

Eldar tier:
Eldar

Broken tier:
Tau
Some marine formations and list

Gimmick tier:
Turn one GSC assault
War combo
Flyrants

Mid tier
SoB
Necrons
Cult Mechanicus
Skitarii/ IG
DE
Harley
GK/DW

Ally tier:
Inquisition
Scion

Scrub tier:
Orks
Nids

Marines are bundle into one because beside GK and maybe DW they you can just say count as the most broken marine version of the month and be done with it.
>>
>>52188335

Yeah. As I said, staggering.

I just think that right now the armour/creature divide we have is both stupidly arbitrary (If you want it to be good, make it a monsterous creature even if it's metal) and really hurts rules-wise.
>>
>>52188316
The love shown to Genestealer Cults was a sign of good things to come for Nids proper. Don't worry anon, there will be a day of reckoning.
>>
>>52188354
I'd at least like some sort of damage table for creatures. Not necessarily something that lets them die instantly but at least let me blow a weapon off occasionally.
>>
>>52188316
>I know it's a meme to call the bugs NPCs at the moment but does anyone else actually think this is likely?
No, genecults don't really have the gribbly monster thing going, they're all wierd cults and mafia mutants.
A large part of the nid line is also recent releases, they just don't have much of a role in this black crusade/return of the primarchs buisness is all. We kinda got our own proto version of that in the shield of baal stuff.
>>
>>52188368

I'll agree if nids don't have to deal with it
>>
>>52188353

Yeah, the SOB issues have never been one of 'Don't have good units'. They are 'Don't have many units/have a heap of shit ones'.

So they are limited in versatility, even if they have several units that are quite good.
>>
>>52188380
Nah i can get behind my fexs occasionally losing a gun if it means 40ks mechanics will get a much need major overhaul
>>
>>52188354
The real problem is just that they started making things Monstrous Creatures which shouldn't be.

There should only be two or three races in the game with MCs - Chaos and Tyranids, and maybe Orks if they bring back Squiggoths. Every-fucking-thing else should be a Walker. Dreadknights, Tau suits, Wraith Constructs, Kastelan beep boops, all Walkers. It's fucking bullshit that they aren't.
>>
>>52188382
non-WarConvo Admech has the same problems. Our good units are REALLY good, but you never see Electro-priests, Ironstriders, Breachers or Hoplites for a reason. I'm not complaining much, though, since we'll pick up some new toys soon and if we get Ursarax we'll finally have heavy assault Infantry who don't evaporate in a stiff breeze. Sorry, SoB.
>>
>>52188394
Addendum - I forgot about Dark Eldar Haemonculi monsters. So Talos and Cronos Engines, those can stay MCs.

But beyond that they need to top doing this bullshit of making artificial constructs into ""creatures"".
>>
>>52188394
You massive retard, Wraith Constructs have never been vehicles. They are literally monstrous creatures.
And oh do I fucking despise the Eldar but the way to fix them isn't to make Wraith creatures vehicles. They should just be nerfed to the ground.
>>
>>52188394
The main issue is the inconsistency.
Why Dreadnoughts are not MC while Riptides are.
Dread are closer to wraith lords that are MC.
>>
>>52188394

The issue there is that the walker rules are consistently shit and they lose out hard by their nature to monstrous creatures. Damage table vs wounds isn't a good balancing act.

I'd like to see them just scrap walkers and make them all monstrous creature.

>>52188414

Yeah, while SOB are 'Battle Sisters/Dominions/Seraphim/Exorcists' and have basically always been. All of them are good (Battle Sisters are on the upper end of average because bolters are nothing special but they are better troops than basic Space Marines) but no one will ever touch Repentia or Penitent Engines or our non-existent second troop option.
>>
>>52188419
>You massive retard, Wraith Constructs have never been vehicles. They are literally monstrous creatures.
You are wrong, but I forgive you because I used to believe the same thing and was also wrong.

In 2e Wraiths were vehicles.
>>
>>52188428
>The issue there is that the walker rules are consistently shit and they lose out hard by their nature to monstrous creatures.
This would be fine if all of them were Walkers.

Let Tyranids actually fucking have something for once. A Carnifex SHOULD kick the shit out of any non-Superheavy Walker in the game.
>>
>>52188394
It all started with the riptide, which at the time was fine and logical enough as an mc (regular battle suits are infantry so the huge suit is huge infantry)
>>
File: gunpeep.jpg (44KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
gunpeep.jpg
44KB, 403x392px
>>52188367

I don't know, the basic gaunt is what, 16 years old now? I'm honestly not sure if geedubs would rather scrap them entirely or make more detailed, appropriately sized models for them but either one is preferable to the current chunky, ancient models I've been building for what seems like forever.
>>
>>52188455

>Let Tyranids actually fucking have something for once. A Carnifex SHOULD kick the shit out of any non-Superheavy Walker in the game.

Even the 'I have no purpose but melee' ones like the Penitent Engine?
>>
>>52188444
When will I just die away so I can stop embarrassing myself on online forums?
>>
>>52188263

>Marine player refuses to factor in other codices and units
>Advocates global changes that only benefit his top tier book
>Wonders why he's getting called an idiot
>>
>>52188460
It started with the Dreadknight actually, but the Riptide is when they waaay crossed the fucking line.

Nothing about it was logical. It's way too fucking huge to use the same argument as a Crisis suit.
>>
>Orks don't have Klans anymore

feels bad man
>>
File: GAMA-KO-BrokkGrungsson-Content.jpg (409KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GAMA-KO-BrokkGrungsson-Content.jpg
409KB, 1000x1000px
>>52187627
Is that... a steam punk raider?

>>52185769
>They are a proud people and masters of strange alchemical powers. Guided by their Kharardron Code, and long-hidden from the rampaging forces of the Dark Gods, they did not merely survived the Age of Chaos, they thrived.
>With the dominion of Chaos receding, they venture forth once more to seek plunder and riches among the realms.
They're basically dwarven steampunk sky pirates.
They're so over the top and silly I actually really like them, they're the right kind of silly.

I consider picking them up for AoS if only the local playerbase didn't get so upset over shooting rules and make playing games with them so awful.
>>
>>52188141
Or we could just remove AP and go back to guns either adding or subtracting from saves.
And then add some special rules that allow some variety, like some guns being worse or better against power armor or certian saves only being able to be reduced to a certian point, etc.
>>
>>52188474
>Marines
>top tier

lol
>>
>>52188463
Yes absolutely. I know this is 40k and all but let's be just a tiny bit realistic here - the first thing that would happen when a Penitent Engine charged a Carnifex is it would grab those little sawblade arms in its disgustingly powerful crushing claws and turn them into scrap and violently murder the everliving fuck out of the poor bitch strapped to the front with no protection in its jaws like a grizzly bear mauling a toddler.

Penitent Engines should just be really cheap points-wise.
>>
>>52188485
Dear god that looks fucking retarded.
Airship is neat tho.
>>
>>52188491
2D6 back for terminator armor!
>>
>>52188353

I like how only marines are given the excuse of only having some formations and lists be broken despite having more broken builds than both Tau and Eldar. Will marine fags ever admit their shit stinks too?
>>
>>52188500
Ranked second after Eldar.

You obviously don't play this game competitively or you would know this.
>>
>>52188500

>I have never looked at any tournament result: the post

They consistently out perform Tau.
>>
>>52188485
My local gaming group frequently burns people who talk about playing AoS on a stake.
I'm kinda surprised the city lets us use their property anymore.
>>
>>52188501

Alright, then what about expensive melee walkers? Like Furioso dreads? Should they be better than them as a comparably priced walker?
>>
File: 1486478451509.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1486478451509.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
>>52188500
>I dispute facts and common knowledge. I also like to waste my dubs on being a total faggot.

Good for you, anon. Good for you...
>>
File: Imperial Knights - 1750pts.jpg (248KB, 1800x782px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Knights - 1750pts.jpg
248KB, 1800x782px
I know it's a list of knights, but how does this look for 1750?
>>
>>52188537
Depends on the upgrades and the scenario.

Given that Blood Angels are like THE melee chapter, and assuming equal points in upgrades, then the one which gets the charge should probably be favored to win.

But we're talking about a fuckhuge creature specifically designed to eat vehicles in melee in an army that was supposed to be the #1 deadliest in melee combat.
>>
>>52188485
FEAR NOT CITIZENS IT IS I BARON GOLDFAGGOT, SKYGENTLEMAN EXTRAORDINAIRE, LEISURELY BOBBING TOWARD THE FOE WITH THE AID OF MY TRUSTY BLIMPBALL BACKPACK

HE WILL BE NO MATCH FOR MY CHAINFIST AND WRIST-MOUNTED TRI-PISTOL AS MY STRENGTH IS AUGMENTED BY MANNER OF THESE MARBLES ON STICKS YOU SEE BEHIND ME

WHAT'S MORE I WAGER HE HAS NOT COUNTED ON THE CANNON MOUNTED CONVENIENTLY ABOVE MY ARMOURED TOP HAT THAT SHOULD SEND HIM PACKING HAW HAW HAW

WHAT'S MORE IF THE BRUTE SOMEHOW MANAGES TO DAMAGE MY GAUDY WANKER FLIGHT HARNESS I CAN CONTINUE THE PURSUIT ON MY MOST RECENT INVENTION: CATERPILLAR TRACK ROLLER SKATES

UNTIL THEN THIS IS BARON GOLDFAGGOT, SIGNING OFF

SUCK MY GOLD PLATED COCK AND GOBBLE THE BALLS
>>
>>52188444
>Wraith
You mean Eldar Dreadnough. :^)
>>
>>52188501
I mean, that's logical, but making models really cheap in points as a balancing move is a bit dickish. Look at Skitarii Dragoons. I have two, and they're great fun, but they cost far too much for a 45 point walker. For that price, I'd expect two per box. Making Penitents worse and cheaper won't help.
>>
>>52188584

Yeah. Assembling ONE of them nearly did me in. Having to make a dozen of them would be horrible.

Penitent Engines are one of those walkers that would work a lot better as monstrous creatures.

For one, they have plenty of fleshy bits to shoot so 'Can be injured by bolters' makes sense.

On the other hand: They have always had a heap of rules to try and make them act less like vehicles by ignoring the damage table a decent bit. If they just swapped them to a MC they wouldn't need all those extra rules.
>>
>>52188580
>BARON GOLDFAGGOT, SKYGENTLEMAN EXTRAORDINAIRE
Fuck man I'm choking on my sandwich
>>
>>52188584
That's a problem with real life money translating to points values, not a problem with the points values themselves.

I understand the frustration, I also play Skitarii and I would love to be able to afford a whole line of Dragoon cavalry, but I wouldn't rather they just make Dragoons better quality and more points, I LIKE the idea of tons of cheap Walkers when it fits the fluff.
>>
>>52188428
>mfw when I regularly use PE against everyone but Tau, Eldar or marines

But yah Repentias are utter shit. Unless facing Knights, they usually get ignore enough to go full attack on Titan.
>>
>>52188580

>SKYGENTLEMAN EXTRAORDINAIRE

Putting that shit on my business cards.
>>
>>52188353
Wait so are necrons no longer reviled and hated?
Neat.
>>
>>52188613

Repentia suffer from a lack of in-faction synergy. No assault transports and low innate survival means getting to the enemy is unlikely.

If they had access to an assault transport of any sort and their old ability back (The one the werewolves stole. When they die they still get to strike) and they'd be pretty nice. They'd be a trading unit. They'll die in the process but they'll munch up something expensive while they do so.
>>
>>52188639
They can still be quite bad but in the grand scheme of things, now they buffed Eldar again, they're not as bad.
>>
>>52188571
Would not fight/10
>>
>>52188639
When people worked out that they were a one trick pony, they stopped doing so well on the tournament scene.

Still a cool army, though.
>>
>>52188571
It looks like you're the guy with no friends anymore.
>>
>>52188686
I'm assuming that trick was Decurion style toughness?
haven't really kept up with 40k happenings, has there been much change to crons or DA since their last codex?
>>
>>52188639
Necrons are just annoyingly hard to kill to the point of boring. They are good because even a retard can make them work and are very forgiving.

Oh you left a squad of lychguard out on the open? They will likely survive.
Leave a Celestian Command squad in cover they will die anyways.

Unless you have a way to remove the RP bonus on a reliable way killing Necrons is not hard but just chore to do sucking the fun out of the game.

At least on 3rd they where left on the ground and then came back and if some how you manage to kill everyone it was strange to see them return after that.
>>
>>52188353
This list is pretty fucked and completely missing some important info.

SS Tier:
Magnus and Daemons
Ynnari

S Tier:
Eldar
Daemons
Space Marines

A Tier:
Dark Angels
Imperial Knights
Tau
Space Wolves
Genestealer Cults
War Convocation

B Tier:
Necrons
Chaos Space Marines (post Traitor Legions)
Orks WITH Forge World (yes really)
Cult Mechanicus or Skitarii (no WarConvo)

C Tier:
Tyranids WITH Flyrant spam
Imperial Guard
Dark Eldar
Sisters of Battle
Grey Knights
Blood Angels

Don't Bother Tier:
Tyranids without Flyrant spam
Orks without Forge World
>>
File: Raptor Guard.png (34KB, 784x671px) Image search: [Google]
Raptor Guard.png
34KB, 784x671px
Strat is to infiltrate every squad:

If Lias Issodon is part of an army then he will always be the army’s Warlord, regardless of the Leadership value of other HQ choices. He does not roll on the Warlord Traits table, but instead receives the Master of Ambush Warlord trait.

Master of Ambush: Your Warlord and three non-vehicle units of your choice have the Infiltrate special rule.

Thoughts?
>>
>>52188580

>Gaudy Wanker Flight Harness

I want one
>>
File: sternhammer1250.jpg (516KB, 1800x1667px) Image search: [Google]
sternhammer1250.jpg
516KB, 1800x1667px
My LGS plays at 1250 on tuesdays, and I am trying to make an army for that.

I have filled out 1065 points, and would like to know your ideas on how to fill out the rest.

Since IF gets bonuses to bolters I was thinking about adding 5 marines + heavy bolters to two of the tactical squads.

What do y'all think?
>>
File: 1474655327141.jpg (319KB, 600x927px) Image search: [Google]
1474655327141.jpg
319KB, 600x927px
>>52185931
>Play Salamanders religiously
>Don't take grab because cheese and not-flamers, but conflicted since Nocturne has wonky gravity and they might actually sorta fit with fluff
>Never take GladiusDoubleDemi because I'm not fielding a bunch of naked, minimum-sized squads Marines to just die holding points and ineffectively shooting at everything.
>All I want are CCWs on Tacticals and the ability to take Heavy Flamers on Tacs and Devs.

Playing in a fluffy style is fun, but can be frustrating sometimes. I'm not sure if GW can ever truly appease both the competitive and casual crowds at once, but what do I know?
>>
File: 1486402128857.jpg (23KB, 236x338px) Image search: [Google]
1486402128857.jpg
23KB, 236x338px
>>52188584
Ork Artillary is 18 points per piece and they come one a box.

You gits shut up.
>>
>>52188781
Oh no, no option for the 18 point guns, only the four big 30 pointers.

the 18 pointers are 30$ mono-build resin
>>
>>52188696
What why? I just built them because I thought they looked cool.
>>
>>52188715
Flyrant spam is out of season, so it's the same tier - no, even lower tier than - codices which have never won a tournament, ever?
>>
Never played 7th edition DA. I'm looking to make Lion's blade strike force. I see i need to take both Company Master and Chaplain. What do you usualy do with these ?
>>
>>52186062
I don't bring Plasma anymore because after 7 games I had a 100% suicide rate with any Marine holding one. That's just me though, my Tau friend never overheats with his Gets Hot stuff.
>>
File: inq.jpg (85KB, 811x593px) Image search: [Google]
inq.jpg
85KB, 811x593px
I'm not too versed on my Inquisition. What unit/branch is this guy supposed to even be? Doesn't look like a Witch Hunter or Deathwatch.

Order Xenos?
>>
>>52188781
You're an Ork player, why the hell are you buying stationary guns? Just buy a few loose wheels and strap them to some suitable guns along with some armour and a Grot or two. I do that for my DarkMech, get a guy in a robe and a bag of random Mechanicus and Dark Eldar parts and bam, instant Magos.
>>
>>52188863
Inquisitorial Stormtrooper.
>>
>>52188884
Stop reminding me of better days.
>>
>>52188870
so where do we get the parts
>>
>>52188884
Didn't even know that was a thing. Thanks! Doing my homework now.
>>
>>52188863
I don't think inquisitorial storm troopers have an ordo as such. They're either Scions drafted into service of an inquisitor or the inquisition at large alternatively they're acolytes that have been sent to the scholar progenium for training an given snazzy equipment
>>
Would it make sense to bring a couple of allied Scout Marine squads with bolters along with ym DW army?

I figure infiltrating with Raptors tactics, bolters and camo cloaks make for cost effective objective sitters.

While i'd love to bring telion, sadly he's a smurf but maybe Lias Issodon as HQ.
>>
>>52188929
Yeah, scions given mental conditioning to harden them in the face of terror and to make reconditioning and selective mind-wipes farm more effective.

It really suck having finally gotten competent people andt hen having to "retire" them after accidentally looking up the ass-crack of a GuO.
>>
File: Raptorwatch.png (30KB, 672x491px) Image search: [Google]
Raptorwatch.png
30KB, 672x491px
>>52188938
Been working on a reversed one but still a noob so might suck

Infiltrate Kill-Teams with IC's attached, sit Scouts on obj etc etc
>>
>>52188990
Sergeants can't take frag cannons, vanilla vets only.
Also why mix infernus and frag?

Frag can threaten armour, infernus can't so the unit'll be wasting firepower.
>>
>>52187627
No moar dworf runes but cuneiform?
>>
>>52188901
Buy a trukk kit as a base and then pick up spare IG tank cannons, wither by begging local players or buying them online from bitz sellers.

I made three gunz out of one trukk.
>>
>>52188901
One Trukk gives all the wheels and armour plate for three of them and a bunch of other extras, then just grab whatever guns you have spare. Guard mortars/missile launchers, whatever spare tank guns your local Guard players have, and Fantasy cannons, whatever. You're Orks, use your imagination.
>>
why are nids and orks so fucking shit
>>
>>52188353
r u a wizord?
>>
>>52188841
According to the most recently collated ITC data, yes. And that was before other stuff came out like Traitor Legions which gave other Factions a boost. Flyrant spam was never good, it stomps bad players and then loses hard in any true competitive environment that has counters to flyers.
>>
File: Raptorwatch.png (30KB, 672x472px) Image search: [Google]
Raptorwatch.png
30KB, 672x472px
>>52189037
Fair points and easy to fix. Would bring 4x Infernus etc but you only get one per spruce. Changed to show a more ideal variant

How's the rest? Stupid idea?
>>
>>52189095
Because Robin Cruddace somehow wasn't fired after fucking nids up the first time.
>>
>>52189144
It's decent, Personally I don't dig celesitne, raptordread or centurioons outisde IF, but that's taste.

Just realised your Aquila teams are illegal though, they need a terminator, biker, vanguard, librarian or 5 man vet squad attached.
>>
>>52187460
>Armageddon
Ork triumvirate on the way?
Crossing fingers for a new plastic Ghazzy/Megaboss. And maybe MAYBE (Forlorn hope) MAYBE an Orkurion with some power
>>
>>52189130
>According to the most recently collated ITC data, yes.
CSM wins because they take renegades up the ass and Traitor Legions hasn't changed that. Orks - even with FW - win nothing. 100% of victorious Mechanicus lists are War Convocation. And they NEVER HAVE. Read the fucking ITC lists you're claiming to base your data off.
>>
>>52189239
>Ork triumvirate on the way?

HAH! No. It's not-Necromunda, the default setting is BA Scouts and Orks fighting in Armageddon's hives.
>>
>>52187849
>>52187905

>>52187869
Pretty much this. I wouldn't mind buying some bikes, if only the models weren't so ugly...
>>
File: Jontron_gif.gif (1MB, 533x295px) Image search: [Google]
Jontron_gif.gif
1MB, 533x295px
How quickly would someone with alternative views in the Imperium be executed?
>>
>>52189224
Check again, they all include five vets and a vanguard

But yeah, I see your point. Just been trying to 'plug the holes' by adding something tanky and something with good fire support, ie Cele and a Dread/Cent. Any better recommendations? Just tacs in rhinos?
>>
>>52189266
I build my bikes from a mix of daemon bodies, ork and sm bikes.

But building is my fund so i can see how some my pass it by.
>>
>>52189280
How quickly does someone with a disease die?
>>
>>52189283
pics
>>
>>52189283
pics plz
>>
>>52189261
Taking first place is also not the only indicator of success. If you average out the points won in games, Tyranids come out far below every Faction you listed, regardless if they happened to have had a single first place finish in the last year. Overall they perform worse.
>>
>>52189281
Oh right , just saw Veteran, sergeant, 4x veteran
>>
Is it worth anything having only 3 Marine bikes? My local store has had one old-looking box of them sitting forgotten behind every other box for a while now and I'm wondering if I should buy it.
Also I just discovered I have a built Land Speeder Storm, does anyone use those?
>>52189239
Why does everyone think Armageddon is somehow relevant again?
>>
File: 1467596147210.jpg (334KB, 1000x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1467596147210.jpg
334KB, 1000x1296px
>>52189307
Well here's the lord's bike.
>>
>>52189280
>not wanting your country to be overrun by people who want to destroy it is alternate views now
the states are going the way of england, we should have learned but didnt
>>
>>52189318
>Why does everyone think Armageddon is somehow relevant again?
Because they just announced a game set on Armageddon and it's brought up in Rise of the Primarch AND it was important in the recent black library series??
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (926KB, 1143x1497px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
926KB, 1143x1497px
How are the Salamanders without Vulkan and his melta buff ? Focus on flamers and use TH/SS termies and lascannon devs to blow up vehicles.
>>
>>52188776
>>CCWs on tacticals
Should've been Chaos or Chacarodons Astra.
>>
>>52189318
LSS are good for transporting assault scouts or used as a gunboat for bolter scouts.
>>
I just want more Eldar codices.
>>
File: 1464650672053.jpg (112KB, 1200x356px) Image search: [Google]
1464650672053.jpg
112KB, 1200x356px
>>52189328 (You)
>>52189307
And here's the rest of the horsemen, though all are still WIP.
>>
File: IMG_3130.jpg (259KB, 768x628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3130.jpg
259KB, 768x628px
>>52189438
>>
>>52189438
Eldar get more than enough attention.

However, the only Eldar Codices left for them to do would be Exodites or Corsairs, both of which might actually be cool and really different. So if they did that I'd be down.

Or maybe even Chaos Eldar finally.

But GW really needs to fix their weak and outdated armies before they introduce another fucking faction.
>>
>Order (IoM, Aeldari, Tau)
>Necrons (Necrons)
>Destruction (Orks and Nids)
>Chaos

Choose.
>>
File: IMG_3240.jpg (257KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3240.jpg
257KB, 1024x1365px
>>52189530
Chaos
>>
>>52189530
I choose not shitty idea repeated every thread.
>>
>>52189495
Too bad. Introducing new factions makes more money
>>
>>52189280
depends on the view, how public they are about it, how draconian/liberal the world they're on is, what's the social status of the dissenter, there's a lot of variables.

Mutant/Xeno/Chaos cults wouldn't exist if all world draconian and omniscient, but equally people tend not to dissent unless they feel repressed (or feel the need to repress others)
>>
>>52189308
>If you average out the points won in games, Tyranids come out far below every Faction you listed,
That's because retards bring retard Tyranid lists. We're not here to compare drooling retards; we're here to compare the best lists, and none of the things you listed as "B Tier" other than Necrons never made a showing worth jack fucking shit.
>>
>>52189490
>>
>>52189473
>horsesemen
>>
File: Space Marines - 1500pts (1).jpg (480KB, 1800x1387px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 1500pts (1).jpg
480KB, 1800x1387px
How do I make a usable black templar's list that is still fluffy?
>>
>>52189280
I want /pol/ to go and pls stay go
Jon did nothing wrong
>>
>>52189328
>>52189473
Pretty cool. I assume 3 sm bikes + 3 ork bikes = 6 converted bikes? Or do some parts go to waste?
>>
>>52189361
They say in lore that they all carry knives. It wouldn't make Tacticals beat dedicated melee units, and they would still beat the things they already beat.

And for fucks sake, make the WS chart go from 2-6, not 3-5.
>>
>>52189530
More like:
>Good boys (Imperium)
>Big bad (Chaos)
>Broken Xenos (Aeldari, Tau)
>NPC factions (Necrons, Nids, Orks)
>>
>>52189342
Good against horde armies, okay vs T3 4+, shit against Marines. Terminators don't do the work they need to most of the time, so your reliance on a S4 AP5 weapon, even if it is a template and shred, hurts a lot versus anything with decent toughness and good armor.

The Flameblade strike force (I always forget the name) has good bonuses, but totally anti-fluff formation options, half of them have fliers or skimmers. Relics are fun, if not the most optimized meta choices, Str D Thunder Hammer is very fun to pulp foes with.
>>
>>52189579
Yeah y'know the 4

>>52189608
Well i used 3 ork bikes and two SM bikes to make the 4, i do have a front wheel form and ork and the main hull of a marine bike lying around but i only needed the 4, might do a sorcerer bike later if i feel inspired
>>
File: a7b.png (295KB, 986x1356px) Image search: [Google]
a7b.png
295KB, 986x1356px
>>52189595
Mr. /pol/ himself here, and I'm not going anywhere
>>
File: 1437448366007.jpg (38KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1437448366007.jpg
38KB, 400x388px
>checking the gw website
>three new ork codices
>codex snakebites
>codex evil sunz
>codex goffs
>even a data supplement for gretchin army

>even the nids have two more codices centered around Lictors and "Swarmbreeders"

>finally happy in my entire life for seeing such cool releases
>wake up
>>
>>52189572
Yes you're right. Only Nid players exclusively bring bad lists, no other Faction has its average dropped by bad players of those other races bringing bad lists, what was I thinking.

You're retarded.
>>
File: MaxMini-Power-Claw-Concepts.jpg (51KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
MaxMini-Power-Claw-Concepts.jpg
51KB, 960x480px
I have problem /tg/. I don't know whether I should kit my bike captain out with a storm shield and burning blade, or lightning claw and power fist. While the bb isn't bad, I really like the idea of lc/pf combo, although I'm not sure if you're allowed to split the attacks or just one a turn or how that is resolved. If you could give me some insight I would heavily appreciate it. Thanks!
>>
File: gscbreeder.png (554KB, 480x678px) Image search: [Google]
gscbreeder.png
554KB, 480x678px
>>52189761
>and "Swarmbreeders"
>tfw you will never be held down by strong alien tendrils and bred relentlessly until your womb is bloated with their spawn
>>
>>52188485
>tfw it's the retarded flying lawnchair in a fantasy setting that gets a more practical chainsword
>pointed tip for stabbing, chainsaw for slashing and eviscerating foes after the blade goes in and chewing through bones the blade might get lodged in otherwise

Also I'd like to take a moment to appreciate that THQ recognized the limitations of a weaponized chainsaw and animated their Space Marines only making big sweeping slashes with them.
>>
>>52189796
LC and Powerfist gives you the extra attack for 2 weapons, but you only strike with one each turn. So it'll be X claw attacks or X fist attacks.

I use a similar setup on my Khorne Lord, and he does some pretty hefty damage. Double fist weapons might look somewhat silly on a bike though
>>
File: IMG_1360.jpg (81KB, 1000x878px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1360.jpg
81KB, 1000x878px
>>52189813
You can use picture related and get pretty close.

DawnWillow (or something like that shows how they are use)
>>
>>52189813
>tfw you will never breed a sister of battle
>>
>>52189772
>Yes you're right. Only Nid players exclusively bring bad lists
It doesn't matter who brings more bad lists when adjudicating the strength of a codex. It matters who wins. Nid players do, in fact, drag down their average by bringing MORE bad lists because everything that isn't maximum Flyrants is shit tier whereas armies from most codexes which aren't optimized up the ass are just mediocre rather than total garbage.

>You're retarded.
Anything that involves comparing the strength of a codex in a tournament by comparing anything other than the best lists is retarded. You did not even read the ITC lists you're claiming to judge.
>>
File: vomit pepe.png (190KB, 516x491px) Image search: [Google]
vomit pepe.png
190KB, 516x491px
>>52189864
>>
>>52189864
Dammit anon, I'm at work.
Now I have to awkwardly sit at my desk with an erection I can't get rid of.
>>
>>52189864
Fucking nice.

>>52189898
>tfw you will never have a Sister of Battle step on you and slowly crush your skull under her power armoured boot while you gush xenos juices and orgasm uncontrollably from the larvae squirming around in your cunt

>>52189958
Fuck off frogposter
>>
>>52189993
>tfw a Sister of Battle will never purge your heresy with her foot long cock
>>
>>52189993
What?
>>
>>52189993
Fuck off degenerate
>>
I remember seeing a pic of a space marine on bike squashing a xenos' face with the front tire while doing a wheelie.
Anyone has it?
>>
>>52190127
That sounds cool as fuck so I'm bumping this
>>
>>52190051
What?
>>
>>52190127
>>52190145
Alright I think it was this one. Even better since he's wrecking a crisis
>>
>>52190205
>tfw revenge art
>because someone modelled a tau suit kicking a space marine
>>
File: Dark Angels - 1500pts.jpg (555KB, 1800x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Angels - 1500pts.jpg
555KB, 1800x1490px
Quality over quantity, agree/disagree ?
>>
Well, I'm an idiot; I play Emperor's Children, and wanted ot bring a squad of Fallen and Cypher in their formation, so I split a Tri of the Primarch box with a friend and started collecting the bits I needed for the Fallen.

And i just now realized, rules as written, I cannot bring Cypher in my army unless I drop to vanilla CSM rules, because the only special character Emperor's Children are allows is Lucius.

What's the dumbest you've ever been, /tg/?
>>
>>52190246
Seriously? kek
>>
>>52190251
I always thought 40k was the definition of NEEDING to have quantity over quality.
>>
>>52190251
>land speeder
>quality
>>
>>52190266
Not dumb enough to realize you can take Cypher outside of the force org chart and that Fallen aren't CSM, they're a subfaction, and you can take them as allies.
>>
>>52190266
I bought a bunch of Tzeentch models when they released the new model line. Got some Dark Angels kits to have robed sorcerer marines, picked up Tzaangors and Blue/Brimstone horrors.

Then I remembered I don't even like Tzeentch that much. I ended up making one sorcerer and nothing else.
>>
>>52190251
I agree with quality over quantity for personal fluff preferences but unfortuntely it's not that easy.
But yes I stick to my preferences...
>>
>>52190285
If that was the case Orks, nids and Ig would be the top dogs.
>>
>>52190304

Can I bring a seperate detachment just for Cypher? I'm new back to 40k (last played in 5th); I know cypher doesn't take up a force org slot, but for exmaple Battle Scribe won't let me take him in an Emperor's Children list, and it's rules have been working ofr me so far at least as far as listbuilding goes, using it to check and make sure my list is legal.
>>
Can I start the game with everything in reserves?
>>
>>52190389
List builders ane't replacement for codexes, they all have shottcomings and errors.
>>
>>52188816
who the fuck wants to play a game against 4 knights? for starters, half of most people's armies can't even glance them.
>>
>>52190401
If you don't have a miniature on the table at the end of turn 1, you automaticaly lose.
You can start with everything in reserve.
>>
>>52190401
You can, but you lose if you don't have something on the board by the end up the first player turn.

If you have a Drop pod and go first, you're fine. If you go second, the only thing that would save you is your oppone t having drop pods and you bringing deathmarks.
>>
>>52190401
Yes, but if you end your turn with no models on the table you lose.
>>
>>52190389
If you're using his formation with the fallen then you can take him separate.
>>
>>52190421
>>52190419
>>52190424
Thanks

>>52190421
What happens with deathmarks?
>>
>>52190440

Okay; but I don't have any Fallen yet unless I counts-as. So I guess he's just a dead model in my collection for now, until I can put a Fallen squad together?
>>
>>52190453
They can teleport in and shoot enemies that deep strike.
>>
File: Warp Spider 1.jpg (114KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Warp Spider 1.jpg
114KB, 1200x1200px
What are the chances of GW ever updating the Aspect Warriors into multi part plastic kits?
I mean, the fucking warp spiders are over 20 years old.
Why can't gw fucking update them into something like picture related?
They wouldn't need to change the aesthetics, just fucking update the kits.
>>
>>52190489
Got it, thanks again.
Bummer that starting with no reserves is this risky...
>>
>>52190502
#ASKGW

>>52190534
>starting with no reserves
Not risky at all.
>>
>>52190559
Wait, can you actually ask GW about this shit?
What are the chances of them giving a proper answer instead of just some meme reply?
>>
>>52190489
This makes me want to do necrons and spam Deathmarks against daemon summoners.
>>
>>52190588
They rarely give meme replies unless you ask meme question, they may be noncommital but that's the worst.

Their community contact has improved a lot.

>>52190611
Just too bad expensive snipers don't do well vs cheap units with 5++
>>
>>52188584
>the I bought 6 of them
Thank god for 20% discount at my flgs on orders.
>>
>>52190502
I I were some fancy GW manager I'd pay to acquire the rights for those Russian miniatures, adapt where needed for mold injection processes, so you could release them along with the next codex.

Hell, I'd contract the guy that did the warpspiders and swooping hawks to redo all the phoenix lords like he did Jain zar.
>>
>>52190636
Not really they still block, delete and ban you. If you ask them things that question their greedy and out right stupid business practices
>>
>>52190588
GWs customer service loves their jobs, unless you're shitposting at them they'll do their best to give you good info
>>
File: Imperial Agents - 1500pts.jpg (633KB, 1800x2360px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Agents - 1500pts.jpg
633KB, 1800x2360px
>friend has an awesome looking Land Raider conversion he's willing to sell me
>it's decked out to look like an SoB/Inquisition LR
I'm thinking about running this list with them.
>>
>tfw no arbites army
>armoured vans
>riot shields, mace, net guns, shaped noise weapons
>handcuffs that can reduce an enemy model to 0 attacks
>a handcuffed character can get stuffed in a van and has to break out as you drive him off
>>
>>52190760
Use the Heralds of Ruin rules?
>>
>>52190748
I wish a nigga would.
That russian bastard makes amazing miniatures, and I doubt GW could be able to update the aspect warrior kits into looking as good as the ones made by that ruskie.
>>
>>52190752
Why the mystic? Also why use a LR when a LRC with psybolt is way better.
>>
File: 1489549442453.png (696KB, 1024x714px) Image search: [Google]
1489549442453.png
696KB, 1024x714px
GORK >>> MORK
>>
>>52190892
Meant to reply to this>>52190698
>>
File: 1474124482137.png (882KB, 525x719px) Image search: [Google]
1474124482137.png
882KB, 525x719px
>>52190906
Wot da zog, Mork iz betta den Gork ya git!
>>
File: 1461335438710.jpg (111KB, 600x577px) Image search: [Google]
1461335438710.jpg
111KB, 600x577px
>>52190698
>like he did Jain zar.
>No ass, no tits, no hips
>>
I wish CSM could bring Redeemer or Crusader land raiders. Why don't CSM get nice things?
>>
>>52190894
LR because that's just what the LR I got is, and mystic because I thought "why not?" since I've got to take a squad of acolytes anyway.
>>
>>52191010
We all do Anon...
>>
>>52191010
That probably stems from their lack of assault cannons. Shame they don't even get a Reaper autocannon substitute though. Also doesn't help that Reaper autocannon are so overdoses on basically everything. No way is a twin-linked autocannon more expensive than 2 autocannons.
>>
>>52191010
>Why don't CSM get nice
>CSM
>nice

That's your problem. Well one problem. The other is you're a bitch that wants the sloppy seconds of the loyalists.

Instead of saying "Why can't I just be loyalists with spikes" say "Where are my Chaos unique Land Raider patterns." Use your imagination.

Land Raider Bale
>Twin-linked Havoc Autocannon turrent with Baleflamer Sponsons

Land Raider Ectoplasma
>Twin-linked Ectoplasma Cannon turrent with Ectoplasma Cannon Sponsons
>>
>>52191142

Tbh I just want Sonic Predators back
>>
File: melee race.png (185KB, 405x532px) Image search: [Google]
melee race.png
185KB, 405x532px
orks really should be bs3 desu. Or s5 base. given that even fucking tyranids get bs3 despite being literal space bugs
>>
>>52191180
S4 base and 'ded 'ard: either FNP or Repentia/Wulfen style hits even if killed.
>>
>>52191142
Can we get a Predator tank with the guns exchanged for transport capacity and an assault ramp?
>>
>>52191208
So an assault rhino.
>>
>>52188901
Buy a bunch of 1/35 howitzers on Ebay for cheap and Ork them up.
>>
>>52191226
Yes, but also with better armor
>>
>>52191180
>given that even fucking tyranids get bs3 despite being literal space bugs
They're not space bugs you memeing idiot, they're space whatever-the-fuck-they-want. Tyranids are intelligently engineered killing machines made from genetics from galaxies worth of life. Even just on earth we have animals that can perform amazing physical feats of accuracy.
>>
File: 1489478277771.png (280KB, 450x375px) Image search: [Google]
1489478277771.png
280KB, 450x375px
>>52191284
and orks are genetically engineered killing machines made from the power of those who created the fucking webway and the eldar among other things. They know how to make machines at an instinctual level. They were engineered to fight crons when they were at full fucking strength.
>>
>>52191208
>>52191167
Hell ya. Sonic Land Raiders too.

That's the right attitude. Make Chaos unique.
>>
>>52191280
So a land raider
>>
>>52191365
But smaller. An in between if you will. More armour than an Assault Rhino, but smaller and less armoured than a Land Raider.
>>
>>52186134
Flyrant is the biggest meme out there, it's not a strong unit unless the other guy is incompetent.
>>
>>52191318
And then they degraded and became stagnant over time, because unlike Tyranids they don't continue to evolve. They were a fire and forget weapon and just one part of the coalition. They're like feral Tyranid gaunts left on a planet without the ability to continue to adapt, and without the synapse or the Norns. Tyranids are like the Eldar, the Orks, and the Old Ones all still working together.
>>
>>52191389
Ah, a stormraven.
>>
>>52191431
Yes, but on the ground
>>
>>52191417
gaunts that get left on a planet still have bs3, muppet
>>
>>52191434
Yeanope.
>>
>>52191167
>>52191361

Yeah, I'd love ot have more sonic weapon options. I already plan to model my vindicators with boom boxes instead of demolisher cannons; but I really want some honest to corpse-emperor sonic weaponry in the list. At least let me take goddamn sonic blasters (or sonic pistols or something) and doom sirens on my lords and sorcerers if they have the mark of slaanesh, come on!

(Also blastermaster havocs.)
>>
>>52191361
Where do I sign to get a Noise Vindicator?
>>
>>52191417
So Old Ones will return. And with Old One synapse the Eldar and Orks join them.

New Factions will be:
>Imperium
>Old Ones
>Chaos
>C'tan (Necron, Tau, and Tyranids)

>Silent King gets off'd and C'tans take over the reigns, just like what Nagash did to Tomb Kings.
>>
>>52191442
I belive those are called the Dubcannons of Slaanesh
>They have two volumes: Loud and Twelve
>>
>>52191458

i'd rather jump off a cliff than ally myself with a gaggle of sparkly gitz - whether the old brain boyz told me too or not.
>>
>>52191417
How have the orks become stagnant? they literally shrivel up and die if they stop fighting for too long.
>>
>>52191417
>And then they degraded and became stagnant over time, because unlike Tyranids they don't continue to evolve.
>Orks constantly building new shit and getting bigger with every fight
>stagnant
You do realize Orks are the only thing keeping Hive Fleet Leviathan from going 'OM NOM NOM NOM!!' to Terra, and they're currently winning that particular war?

>>52191318
>They know how to make machines at an instinctual level.
And boy do the Mekboyz know how to build some crazy shit. Let's all be thankful none of the Ork tek that showed up in The Beast Arises series especially the Ork Deff Stars isn't part of the current fluff.
[spoiler[And that's coming from an Orkfag. That gravity dakka was crazy OP. If the boyz over in Octarius got their hands on those kinda gunz, the 'nids could kiss their fleet goodbye. Along with entire planet of Octarius because this is the Orks we're talking about.
>>
>>52191521
actually, that beast arises tek (sort of) IS in the current fluff. In one case, a big mek turned a space hulk into a giant shokk attack gun and sucked up a planet with it, destroying the hulk and the planet in the process. And the time that the orks strapped enough engines to a moon that they were able to crash it into its planet and harvest the remains. The orks definitely have the capability to perform pseudo-exterminatus.
>>
>>52191560
The issue is that Orkimedes is said to have invented the Tellyporta, but Orks have it 10.000 years ago.
>>
>>52191417
Achsually even base rippers have the generic information required to build an entirely new Hive fleet on their lonesome
>>
>>52191580

Somehow 'Orkimedes fucked up and went back in time at one point' wouldn't remotely surprise me.
>>
>>52191580
orkimedes is a very mysterious character. who's to say he didn't invent it? He could be millennia old
>>
>>52191580
it's not like time travel isn't possible in 40k, even for orks. In at least one incident, a group of freebootas did it by accident while travelling and attacked their past selves because the boss reasoned he could get another copy of his favourite gun
>>
>>52191142

Butcher Pattern Predator when? It's a predator with twin-linked butcher cannons and autocannon sponsons.

If we're only allowed to have ACs as our defining weapon from loyalists, then let us have that shit.

>>52191208
An assault razorback would be sweet

>>52191439
Butthurt loyalist detected
>>
>>52191629
No.
>>
>>52191629
If you want affordable assault transports, play Orks or Deldar.

Fucking casuals.
>>
>>52191580
He re-invented what was lost when Da Beast jobbed the fight against Vulkan on Ullanor.

Obviously.

I'm just waiting for the moment the Orks figure out how to travel through 'not-Slipspace'/'subspace' again and start WAAAGH!in' around in giant Attack Moons. As if the Imperium didn't have enough problems the Armless Wonder's Crusade and Hungry-Hungry-Space-Bugs.

>>52191606
>orkimedes is a very mysterious character.
>And in a surprise twist, it turns out Orkimedes is actually the Beast 8,000 years later.
I wouldn't put it past GW to pull something like this.
>>
>>52191663
Or play Genestealer Cults like a Patrician and assault out after going cruising speed.
>>
>>52191663
It doesn't need to be dirt cheap. Just an option between 35 points and 200 points would be nice.

Think around 100 with front armor 13.
>>
Anons how do I do an all Scout army?
>>
>>52191672
>>orkimedes is a very mysterious character.
>>And in a surprise twist, it turns out Orkimedes is actually the Beast 8,000 years later.
Why would he then help out Ghazzy instead of forming his own WAAAGH!!!?
>>
>stayed up till 4 am painting miniatures

i'm not sure if i've lost control of my life or finally got good
>>
>>52191745
You take all scouts
>>
>>52191745
CAD of HQ+Scouts then formations or Allied? Not sure if you can get 100% Scouts+HQ but an army of only Infiltrators etc is doable
>>
>>52191672
>the Beast
Which one?
>>
>>52191745
Or just unbound all Scouts
>>
>>52191745
Make sure to include land speeder storms and scout bikers. You need the extra mobility and firepower they offer.
>>
>>52191759
because he shrunk down after 8000 years of not fighting?
>>
>>52191771
>finally got good

post your models and we'll tell you
>>
>>52191803
Why don't LSS sprues come with Multi-meltas or Assault Cannons?
>>
>>52191759
>Why would he then help out Ghazzy instead of forming his own WAAAGH!!!?

Ghazzy is is fall Ork. Everyone KNOWS you need to kill the Warboss to stop the Waagh!, so if Ghazzy loses, Beastimedes Tellyports away. Finds a new Warboss to support and tries again.
>>
>>52191808
Why would an Ork of the beasts size stop fighting though? Or any Ork, for that matter, even if it's some Big Mek obsessed with his gubbinz, he'll occasionally have to get out and loot some new things.
>>
>>52191745
Sergeant Telion for HQ. then a bunch of scouts.
>>
>>52191813
idk about that, it's decent enough for tabletop but i'm not in the mood to be torn asunder over models because i didn't edgehighlight or missed a few mold lines
>>
>>52191866
maybe it's like the equivalent of an eldar path? The beast is probably a krork, not an ork. He stopped being a warboss and became a mek? Who's to say he couldn't have been looting the whole time.
>>
>>52191745
>>52191803
Maybe a Speartip Strike and burn the rest of the points on Stormbringer Squadrons kek

> Infiltrate Scouts, Land Speeder Storms, Scout Bikes
> Deep Strike Land Speeders on locator beacon

At least go through the Angels of Death supplement and consider Raven Guard or smth
>>
Stupid question here. In the Traitor Legions Supplement it says that Night Lords can't take Marks of Chaos or units with Marks. Does that mean that they can't take Daemon Princes anymore?
>>
>>52191745
10th Company Support formation
>3-5 units of Scouts or Scout Bikes

Take as many 10th Company Supports as you need.
>>
>>52191983

DPs don't have Marks of chaos, they are Daemosn of [god]. Different rules entirely.
>>
>>52191983
daemon of =/= mark of
>>
>>52191759
>Why would he then help out Ghazzy instead of forming his own WAAAGH!!!?
Zog if I know. Although a theory just popped into my head. Goes a little something like this:
>The Beast somehow survives the battle with Vulkan
>Being an alarmingly smart Ork, he knows that if he makes his presence known again, the entire Imperium's going to hunt him down before he can another proppa WAAAGH! going
>Decides to do something 'un-Orky' (or 'Blood Axe'-y) and lays low for several thousand years
>encounters Ghazzy
>makes Ghazzy his favorite Nob and the 'face' of his new WAAAGH!, while he sits back and gives Thraka directions from wherever he's hiding
Kinda makes sense, considering he seems the kinda Boss that lead from afar and not the front.

The other possibility is Ghazzy's secretly one of those 'Mini-Beast'/'Ork Primarchs' that showed up in the Beast Arises. Retcon the living hell out of his old lore, but I wouldn't put it past GeeDubs to do something like this.

I doubt/hope neither of these will turn out to be true though.

>>52191911
>The beast is probably a krork
If he was a Krork, why the zog didn't he turn up during the first Beast of Ullanor's WAAAGH!! and give the Emprah a right and proppa' stompin'? The Beast was an Ork who just grew up and terrorized the fuck out of the post-Heresy Imperium.
>>
File: hqdefault(5).jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(5).jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>52192043

Everyone, get in here!

>>52192043
>>52192043

Fresh thread!
>>
Quick (Maybe stupid) question about the Traitor Legion supplement. The World Eater's "Blood Mad" only works on non-vehicle units, and this includes transports with units inside of them, right? Is this rule that important, because I feel like you should still put your units in a rhino to at least keep them safe as they go up the field.
>>
>>52188580
You forgot to mention the beard cannon.
Thread posts: 473
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.