[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much humor do you like in your games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

How much humor do you like in your games?
>>
>>52185352
As long as it's the appropriate time and place, I don't mind
>>
Games with humourous elements and moments, but not comedy games. Comedy games aren't all that funny, 'cause it gets forced, and grim seriousness all the time is boring.

It's a game after all, you're supposed to have fun in it.
>>
>>52185352
Fallout New Vegas with 1 intelligence level of humor.

>do you support war or peace?
>warm
>pizza
>>
>>52185352
When did that happen in the movie, or is it a delete scene?
>>
>>52185352
>That Hobbit WEBM
I'm gonna go watch the old LoTR movies and cry now.
>>
>>52185379
There are a bunch of deleted scenes.
>>
>>52185399
Gotta admit, that was pretty bad ass.
>>
>>52185414
The worst part is that all the crazy wonder weapon shit in the Silmarilion makes this look tame. What's wrong about it is that the battle wasn't even in the book.
>>
>>52185352
In the game itself, as in the setting and characters? Then I prefer to keep it light.
Out of character, between the players? As much as possible without derailing the session.
>>
>>52185352
a lot of it
sometimes the humor cuts off during certain times, but there is always room for a joke or two, even if its a grim gallows humor
>>
>>52185352

I don't mind some humor. I hate it when people are being retarded. Does that make sense?
>>
>>52185399

Now see the problem I have with this is that the elves only fired one volley. Skilled bowmen can fire a hell of a lot faster than that, and since it's a volley they don't even have to bother aiming. And that's human archers, they're fucking elves. Oughta be putting up a rain of arrows. Fucking dwarf wank.
>>
>>52187024
The rotating bolts probably travel slower than the arrows to the point the dwarfs too can fire a new volley before the last one hit the ground keeping the sky in-between continously covered.

not that the elves couldn't just reposition or something.
>>
A lot. However, I am of the firm belief that it should be unintentional. If I'm the GM, I don't engineer funny or silly situtions, and both as a player and a GM, I prefer serious settings and scenarios.

However, I love it when things turn out hilarious, due to the actions of the players and events, and I think that's how it should be. It (almost) never comes across as forced or awkward that way, even when things become absolutely absurd.

And if someone becomes annoyed at that, they don't really have a place at our table. Take it serious, enjoy when it's not.
>>
>>52187113
But that's not what is shown. It's just one of those scenes that come off as sorta stupid and over-engineered. It doesn't feel serious, or funny, just silly and stupid.
>>
>>52185352
I like humor, but I'm generally more accepting of it than I'd like. I have the dubious honor of getting to regularly play with a lot of newbies, and for some reason they all feel like being retarded comedians makes roleplaying less cringy or something.
>>
I don't try to insert humour into my games, but my players do, and I go along with it. They tend to come up with bizarre character concepts and names, and then I just roll with the shit they pull.

My favourite recent example was a player who chose "a large bag of cocaine" as one of their starting items, and throughout the rest of the game used it as payment or just handed it out to people he thought could use a boost in spirits.

>gets information from a small child
>"I give him a little bit of cocaine as a thank you"
>ok
>later in the game, tries to approach another stranger for help
>"you'll have to roll to run after her though"
>"why?"
>"she's frantically chasing after an extremely hyperactive child"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.