[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I was looking to run a high lethality (ala dark heresy or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Cold-war-flag.jpg (56KB, 589x316px) Image search: [Google]
Cold-war-flag.jpg
56KB, 589x316px
If I was looking to run a high lethality (ala dark heresy or WFRP) Cold War game, is there any system that would work well?
>>
>>52182593
Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales. The base game only has weapons statted up to late WWII, but it's pretty easy to stat later weapons (there are already most iconic guns up till the mid 80s statted by fans). It's a d10 dice pool based game with pretty realistic gun combat that can be very lethal if you're not smart and well prepared.
>>
>>52182593

Literally anything. Items, skills, NPC's are all just texture. Shadowrun for example. You're not shadowrunners, you're spies. You don't have blade hands, you have a switchblade. You're not infiltrating corporations, but government buildings.
>>
The Only War 40krpg.
>>
>>52182593
Delta Green, just throw out the supernatural stuff and the sanity mechanics. Or don't.
>>
Honestly, GURPS. Realistic, modern, high-lethality gaming is where GURPS shines, the strengths of its mechanics really stand out, and the weaknesses are easiest to work around.
>>
>>52182593
Delta Green and GURPS come to mind at really excelling at this. You could just use Dark Heresy and reflavor it since you seem to know the system though.
>>
I'd either use shadowrun or fate for this. Maybe brp, savage worlds or hollow earth Expeditions ruleset - the complete setting.
>>
>>52186728
Fate is pretty forgiving though. Not a particularly lethal system.
>>
Deluxe Revised Recon would be perfect for this.
>>
File: twilight-2000_2.gif (14KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
twilight-2000_2.gif
14KB, 320x200px
>>52182593
Twilight 2000 first or second edition would be my choice. It offers a complete and detailed combat system that integrates heavy weapons and vehicles perfectly. That's something other systems often lack. Cyberpunk 2020, for example, has a very good and very lethal combat system, but once you start to introduce vehicles, it's not that great and that realistic anymore, and it models explosives, like grenades and rockets, pretty badly.

Picture is from the old MS-DOS game.
>>
Other advantage of Twilight 2000 is that some autist is constantly adapting modern gear to Twilight 2000 2nd edition stats.
>>
>>52182593
GURPS. For more cinematic campaign, take Action. For more realistic and brutal experience take Tactical Shooting and turn on gritty rules. For both you definitely should use High-Tech.
>>
>>52189550
That man is batshit crazy.
>>
You could adapt Mongoose Traveller.

>contemporary tech level is already statted up
>combat is very quick and deadly unless you use smart tactics
>default characters are skilled experts at the peak of their careers
>fairly light on rules, but enough variety in the skill system to require working together as a group
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.