[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DnD Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

>Playing a one shot with a new group of people.
>Playing a CHA based cleric because newfag
>We explore this old castle eventually coming to a guarded room. With lizardmen guards
>They inform us they will let us meet the boss if we can solve three puzzles peacefully
>EasyShitBecauseCharisma.jpg
>We set off
>Dwarf immediately wanders into trap and gets locked in a room alone.
>We spend near an hour trying to get in but it just isnt working
>He tells us to fuck off he will figure it out
>We try to solve other puzzles
>Rogue tricks a kobold into blowing up a storage room
>I charm a Griffin and we become buds
>Dwarf finds an old hermit in the back of the room
>"Answer my riddle and I'll let you out."
>YeahNahMate.png
>He nat 20's on just bashing the hermit over the head with his hammer
>Hermit is dead as shit.
>Dwarf bro gets another nat 20 on perception and hears talking in the next room
>It's the room that the Lizard cukcs were guarding
>Starts using his pickaxe to try and break through wall
>His luck runs out. Critical fail
>Pick breaks and the dwarf contemplates his next move
>Rolls to punch through the wall
>Rolls high enough to punch out an inch of a 2 foot thick wall
>We go on fighting the Griffon who turned on me and is wrecking our shit
>In the middle of combat
>Rolling to punch wall.
>Crit fail, broken hand
>"I switch hands"
>ThisCrazyFuck.gif
>Eventually the dwarf has two broken hands and I've killed the Griffon
>"Can I dropkick the wall?"
>Nat fucking 20
>Finally through to the other side, uses a potion of healing to fix his broken hands.
>Two lizardmen and a smaller than normal cyclops
>He gets to work
>Over our parties long rest he single handedly kills everyone
>He Kills the lozardmen and cyclops and kicks open the door to the guards who we are resting in front of
>Murders the guards
>Wakes us up
>"They left the door open, lets go."

Pic semi related.
>>
>>52174098
This is bait. More subtle than most but still bait.
>>
>>52174210
How so?
>>
What is an unentertaining story that never happened?
>>
>>52174098
>le NATTY 20
xddddddd!!!!
absolutely ebin!!!
add me to the screencap!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1464526274597.jpg (61KB, 636x511px) Image search: [Google]
1464526274597.jpg
61KB, 636x511px
>And then I rolled natural 20 AGAIN!
Start learning from popular greentexts - even if they have crazy shit in them like Henderson, it doesn't rely on "crazy dumb luck" that breaks our suspension of disbelief.
Try reading All Guardsmen Party or Heroes of the Spiderwoods and try to understand why they work. Even though none of it ever happened, we still accept it.
>>
File: 2263.jpg (19KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
2263.jpg
19KB, 500x265px
I just really wanted to read some interesting stuff people did in DnD. This did happen it wasn't retardedly epic as the guy was a higher level than anyone in our group. Just found it entertaining how he got out of the situation and handled it himself while the newfags struggled with some shit puzzles.

RIP me tho
>>
>>52174308
>inb4 flying dwarf
Flying dwarf is not a DnD story, it's a stupid jokes normies tell each other.
>>
What is a nat 20
>>
>>52174430
The best possible roll on a 20 sided die
Happens about 5% of the time
>>
While we're on the subject of nat 20 stories
>be new dm
>playing with some friends who never played d&d
>one is a sorcerer
>plot is simple, go kill some bandits
>the two players get into a minor fight with each other
>the other player, a rogue or Ranger, does something asinine
>rolls nat 20
>sorc player gets a bit pissed when he finds out that nat 20 is auto-success
>"well then, I pee fire on him"
>meant it as a joke, but rolls anyway laughing
>nat 20
>rule that since he's a sort he basically cast burning hands from his dick
>he pisses on himself
>burns to death

Nat 20 isn't always good
>>
>>52174251
Not this anon, but your story definitely hits 2 of /tg/'s myriad pet peeves:
>GM lets players do completely nonsensical shit like punching through walls as long as the dice gods are OK with it
Generally a GM only makes players roll when the thing they want to do is possible according to the laws of the universe. "I jump all the way up to the moon!!" "Oh shit roll for it!!" is already making someone angry, but this:
>He rolled a 20! And then another! And later, at the right moment, another!
No one likes to hear about how shit succeeded because of sheer dumb luck. It's exciting at the table, but we weren't here to share your collective OOOOOOH. "Improbable thing happens because natural 20s" stops being funny after the 30th time, then it starts truly pissing people off.

I'm sure your story happened though. Rolling for impossible shit is dumb but some awful GMs do it and sometimes it's 100% okay because it's a silly one-shot. I'm glad you and your dwarf player buddy had fun, even though the story wasn't really interesting.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.