[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DM problems Player kills Player

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: kxaE4Wp.jpg (248KB, 480x625px) Image search: [Google]
kxaE4Wp.jpg
248KB, 480x625px
I'm running a 5e game and every things going well when in a nutshell the evil cleric kills the barbarian.

it's a little more complex than that as what happen was the evil cleric's player trick me and the other players in a way. The barbarian when to 0 in a lake and had his souls suck out by a magic ring (The ring puts the soul back when a word on the ring is read out loud) and started to sink to the bottom of a lake and so evil cleric swam down to heal him but the evil cleric can read the word due to language so the evil cleric's player says "i know i'll turn the barbarian in to into a zombie and get it to walk out then use a spell to turn back". Somethings happen and the cleric makes the zombie but it turns out they did not have the right spell and if cleric was high enough level to use it would not actually work. The cleric's player assured me that it would work and did this because he thought the Barbarian play was being a dick due to earlier the barbarian got charmed and almost kill evil cleric which the barbarian's player thought was great and was trying his hardest is to kill the cleric.

the next time we play the barbarian's player spends the entire time mopping around playing a low level and NPC wizard it was in their party while I figure out how to get him a new body in the middle of huge forest. Now he doesn't to play the same character anymore he wants to play drow blade-singer but he still seems pretty annoyed about what happened.

cleric's player when questioned about this just said well that's what my character would do because I am evil. I knew how to deal with this so I just had a magic sword possess the cleric which mean I can just write him a new character. This went down really well as I changed the class suited to play better and gave him a back story which was liked. Now he could be an evil character but can't kill the other party members.

Thing is I don't know exactly how to handle the barbarian's player
thoughts anyone?
>>
Killing yourself is probably the best option.
>>
tl;dr
>>
Retake 9th grade English, please. I'm having a hard time understanding retardese.
>>
>>52173812
>That pic
Similar words have been spoken by a GM of mine
We were translating beloved characters to a new untested as fuck homebrewed system without us, players, having much to say
>>
>>52173864
no way
It was too hard
anyone get what i'm saying
>>
>>52173864
>>52174283
Are you foreign? I don't understand at all what you're trying to say in OP
>>
>>52173812
If you've got a player who killed a player, you should be calling the cops not posting on a somalian motorboating simulation forum.
>>
>>52173812
You are bad at English and should feel bad
>>
File: 1483781768055.gif (2MB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1483781768055.gif
2MB, 300x250px
>>52173812

The barbarian is dead. Make the next town have a shady church or some shit that'll offer to resurrect him (body not required) for a blood price. He comes back gearless if the body isn't provided.

>holy items deal double damage to him
>triple damage from holy water and divine spells
>unable to step inside of a real church
>can be infected by disease and/or poison but is completely unaffected by them
>cut a third off his charisma

-and don't just list these things to him when he's brought back. There's no evil brochures for this shit. Just cut his charisma and cross the other bridges when you come to them.
>>
>>52173812
>Now he doesn't to play the same character anymore he wants to play drow blade-singer but he still seems pretty annoyed about what happened.
He doesn't want to play the low-level wizard, or he doesn't want to play the barbarian? If it's the latter, I'm assuming that the issue is merely one of soothing his anger at being screwed by the cleric's player. In that case, I'd suggest that you sit down with him and the cleric (and possibly everybody else, at your discretion) and talk things out. It's really up to you to set the parameters of the game. In some games, what happened to the barbarian would be absolutely fine. In others, the game is more of a team effort, and that kind of thing is either frowned upon or strictly forbidden (in which case, "it's what my character would do" doesn't cut it when it runs counter to the welfare of the group). There's nothing necessarily wrong with an evil character in a party of non-evil people in a game like this--they just need to have party loyalty--but a lot of people play an evil character as Backstabby McGee, and you either need to make it clear that doesn't fly, or just ban evil characters outright. Generally speaking, I don't even allow PCs to try to kill other PCs (like straight up: "No, you can't do that.")
>>
>>52177039
>Somethings happen and the cleric makes the zombie but it turns out they did not have the right spell and if cleric was high enough level to use it would not actually work. The cleric's player assured me that it would work and did this because he thought the Barbarian play was being a dick due to earlier the barbarian got charmed and almost kill evil cleric which the barbarian's player thought was great and was trying his hardest is to kill the cleric.
I don't quite follow the intricacies of what happened here, but if the cleric's player intentionally lied to you, the GM, that's a problem. The only way I see that this could be a useful thing to do is if it isn't the kind of game where you would prevent him from doing disruptive shit (like killing a party member), but it isn't the kind of game of game where you'd go back in time and fix a problem ("let's rewind and say you didn't do that thing several rounds ago"), or change reality to solve the issue ("I'm going to say that you do have the spell to restore the barbarian on a one use scroll. That will fix the immediate problem, and I'll just ask that you don't do something like this again.") You could always have the cleric find a one-use scroll or magic item now that would solve the problem. It's maybe a little clunky to do so, but that might be better than having discontent within the party, and even if it's contrived, it's not as intrusive as saying he had the scroll all along. Other than that, there are plenty of other ways you could contrive to have the barbarian restored; you just have to weigh them against your sense of the integrity of the game, but if you're willing to have a magic sword rewrite the cleric's personality, which is pretty intrusive*, it doesn't seem like you'd have a problem tweaking things so the barbarian comes back.
>>
>>52177315
As far as having the cleric be taken over by a magic sword, if a character's behavior is unsatisfactory, I'd rather talk to the player and have him either willingly curtail the behavior, helping him rationalize the change if necessary (maybe the character is more loyal than original intended, even if he's otherwise evil). Failing that, I'd probably just ask the player to retire the character and make a new one (though if he's happy about a magic sword effectively doing that, and it doesn't strike other people as overly contrived, then I guess that would be okay too, though I would ask the player for permission to do it and not just foist it on him).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.