[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10

File: Glaurung.jpg (559KB, 1280x979px) Image search: [Google]
Glaurung.jpg
559KB, 1280x979px
ITT: We post, discuss, and share dragon-related stuff. How do you like your dragons? What defines a dragon? How smart should they be?
>>
Io worshipping is fine too.
>>
>>52170064
It Depends on the setting more than anything and can range from large hulking beasts with little intelligence to wise lords of the sky

as for looks for me they should vary in size shape and basic structure from snake-like to more bird like
>>
I like dragons being completely alien in their logic, a different and cosmic point of view. at least the elder ones, younger ones i like to think of as the violent ones, the chaotic shit wrecking princess thieves, or the rule by fear asshats that happen in every campaign.

To me a dragon is usually a long lived creature with above average intelligence, reptilian in nature, possessing something that puts them (literally) heads and shoulders above most naturally occurring things in a setting. Basically, smart, powerful, and kinda off defines a dragon to me.

A whelp should be able to wreck a villager hands down, maybe a guy or 2 in Armour, but not a group of low level PC's, or even a smart pair of lowlies. only through true luck would one be slain by a single low level dude.

Basically, about as powerful as a group of somewhat smart PC's.
>>
File: 3b65349079f50de0fb00d22c6c776121.jpg (100KB, 736x1228px) Image search: [Google]
3b65349079f50de0fb00d22c6c776121.jpg
100KB, 736x1228px
>>
File: Muraldragon.jpg (243KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Muraldragon.jpg
243KB, 1024x683px
>>52170263
Das rite

Pray, not slay
>>
>>52170064
Raw elemental and magical might in fleshy form
>>
File: 1470654296575.jpg (508KB, 1500x1246px) Image search: [Google]
1470654296575.jpg
508KB, 1500x1246px
i like my dragons about this size and a little bigger in my own setting but i do like myself some large as dragons, i do like it when humans stand a chance at the task
>>
I like dragons being both the embodiment of pitiless nature and really powerful flying reptiles. I also prefer them to not be as compartmentalized as D&D dragons are, though I can work with that if i'm lazy.

Since their origins are ancient they also have a kind of dinosaur theme going on, and with that I have them as like demigods to ancient reptillian-men empires, before the rise of Men. The battles of Dragons and Giants is considered mostly allegory for this, but they also did actually happen in the past. Fucking Ancient Kaiju Battles.

I don't like an overabundance of dragons, and I don't like anything that has Dragons plural behind it. One Dragon is enough for machinations and schemes, the more you get the less their impact is.

The presence and importance of the Dragon is best felt in it's influence. Dynasties of sorcerers, half-dragon mutants, the strange creations that are the Dragonborn.

As for my feelings on individual dragons this pdf sums it up for me quite nicely.
>>
WHAT SETTINGS OR SYSTEMS ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

WHERE ARE THESE EXACT DRAGONS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT FROM? WHERE CAN I PLAY THEM? I MEAN WITH DICE, PEN AND PAPER.

PLEASE TELL ME THAT THIS THREAD IS SOMEWHAT LINKED TO THE HOBBY OF ROLLING DICE AND YOU AREN'T HERE TO USE THIS BOARDS CONNECTION TO FANTASY SETTINGS TO MAKE A THREAD SPECIFICALLY FOR YOUR FETISH

BECAUSE THE LEAST THING WE ACTUALLY NEED ARE PEOPLE ONLY HERE TO MAKE SHIT UP ABOUT FANTASY-STUFF WHO NEVER PLAYED A SINGLE TRADITIONAL GAME
>>
>>52172964
Is this the new pasta?
>>
>>52172964
are you the schizo that posts on /his/ all the time?
>>
>>52173493
Oh for fuck's sake, that idiot better not be coming over here now.
>>
>>52172964
Basically every post so far has started with 'I like my dragons..."

No-ones asserting anything as fact
>>
File: 1488497558739.jpg (688KB, 1247x2910px) Image search: [Google]
1488497558739.jpg
688KB, 1247x2910px
>>52171963
I dig the size here; not fuckhuge but still imposing.
>>
i like my dragons as representations of areligious greed and made to be slayed
>>
File: spoons_original.png (945KB, 1028x761px) Image search: [Google]
spoons_original.png
945KB, 1028x761px
The way I like to portray my dragons is as obsessive hoarders created by excessive magical energy. Anywhere that there's a group of Wizards going a bit too wild with their spells, baby dragons inevitably pop up. After birth, a dragon latches onto some material thing, anything from gold coins to books to even pets or skulls, that determines both their appearance and attitude. A treasure hoarding dragon would gain glittering golden scales and become even more entitled and greedy than usual dragons. A dragon with a disturbing fascination with corpses and skulls would likely bocome corpse-like itself. A dragon that just really likes "collecting" cats would probably begin acting like a stereotypical crazy cat lady and grow fur and whiskers. A dragon that ends up appearing in a wizard's silverware drawer would probably end up like pic related.
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 780x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 780x960px
i like dragons huge and supremely destructive. godzilla like.
>>
File: 1488608372243.jpg (180KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488608372243.jpg
180KB, 768x1024px
I like dragons
>>
>>52174178
Which one?
I prefer the bottom one personally
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.