[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The One Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Sauron_Mordor.jpg (112KB, 580x780px) Image search: [Google]
Sauron_Mordor.jpg
112KB, 580x780px
One thread to rule them all,
One thread to find them,
One thread to bring them all, and in the darkness stat him instead.
>>
Not
>Ash Nazg Durbatuluk, Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk, Agh Burzum-Ishi Krimpa-stat this motherfucker instead.

That said, he only needs one stat Invincible unless the One Ring is destroyed, if that happens instant death.

Why didn't you just post a discuss Tolkien thread instead?
>>
>>52167931

Slow, lumbering.
Insta kill if you cut one of his hands.

There's a reason he needs an army of orcs to surround him.
>>
>>52169226
That only happened because it was the hand the ring was on and it did not happen that way in the books as I recall.
>>
File: onering5.jpg (73KB, 396x512px) Image search: [Google]
onering5.jpg
73KB, 396x512px
>>52169105
Actually we could use a Tolkien general. Not that there isn't at least one Tolkien thread hanging there usually.

Anyone here playing The One Ring RPG?

I'm running Darkening of Mirkwood currently, and after a heavy failstart due to severe scheduling issues it seems my party is getting crystallized and finally we're going to actually have weekly sessions as intended, and I hope that way within... two years we're going to make through whole thing.
>>
>>52170509
I agree we could use a Tolkien general but I am not playing nor oddly have ever heard of The One Ring RPG. Excuse my ignorance, rather new to TTRPG's, but I do love my LOTR, would you tell me about the system?
>>
File: onering18.jpg (36KB, 393x367px) Image search: [Google]
onering18.jpg
36KB, 393x367px
>>52170533
It's a bit niche RPG by Cubicle 7, released some 5 years ago and slowly expanding.

Default setting is Wilderland after Battle of Five armies but before the War of the Ring, which is an interesting choice because there are many different tribes dwelling there, and there is lot that can happen there without contradicting the estabilished canon - Tolkien didn't describe in detail happenings there in that period, save of few general assumptions. Rohan and Eastern Eriador are currently also covered, next supplement is to be Bree, and presumably western Eriador.

It uses lot of mechanics that are meant to make the feel true to the books, like shadow and hope points, skill list heavily refering to the books (at example Song skill is quite useful thing, and might be used in lieu of most "social" skills in certain situations, there is "riddle" skill that basically covers both bases of riddles themselves, bluff and several other things, etc.), expanded journey rules, and more.

Rules are rather light and based on dice pools, and while it firmly stands in the "conventional" RPG zone it also incorporates several aspects of "story games".

Gaming elements are rather light and fun, way more like boardgame than miniature wargame, they spice up the narrative but mostly don't get in it's way

Darkening of Mirkwood is published campaign sketch (more of a timeline with list of plot hooks and general sketches of one adventure per year), covering roughly the first half of the period of focus.
>>
>>52170653
Sounds okay, if I ever get a chance I may just try it out.
>>
>>52170653

What races/classes are there?
>>
>>52171128
It's classless system
There are "callings" but their only define one special trait, a "shadow weakness" and choice of two of four "favoured" skills (which is quite a minor thing). Besides that you develop your character freely, buying skills and stats directly for experience/advancement points

As for "races" there are "cultures" instead, elves of mirkwood are counted as different culture from high elves of rivendell and so on.
Core cultures are:

>Bardings (People of Dale)
>Beornings
>Woodmen of Mirkwood
>Elves of Woodland Realm
>Hobbits of Shire
>Erebor Dwarves

Supplement cultures are
>Lake-men (More or less subtype of Bardings)
>Dunedain
>High Elves of Rivendell
>Rohirrim
>Dunlendings
>Iron Hills Dwarves
>Grey Mountains Dwarves
>Blue Mountains Dwarves
>Lorien Elves
>Wayward Elves (semi-rebellious subgroup of Mirkwood Elves)
>Wild Hobbits of Gladden Fields
>Bree-men
>Gondorians

There are also lesser "conversion options" to make Bree-hobbit out of Shire ones, and Woodmen of Mountain Hall out of standard Woodmen.
>>
>>52167931
Reminder he used to be a qt twink
>>
>>52171587
No, he was beautiful, not cute, and he is a fallen angel, not a fucking trap. You are gay, and need to keep your gay away from Sauron, he slaughters fags indiscriminately.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.