[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how does everyone feel about no new bans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: MTGlogo.jpg (364KB, 1913x610px) Image search: [Google]
MTGlogo.jpg
364KB, 1913x610px
So how does everyone feel about no new bans?
>>
>>52167514
Fuck Copycat, Fuck Mardu Vehicles, Fuck OP bullshit.

They should have just nuked the format clean.

Banned:
Heart of Kiran
Chandra, Torch of Defiance
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
Felidar Guardian
Walking Ballista
>>
>>52167535
Chandra and Gideon are disgusting Walkers, up there with the Mind Sculptor himself in terms of their impact on Standard. Honestly reminds me of Black Luster Sodier-Envoy of the Beginning and Chaos Emperor Dragon-Envoy of the End from the early days of Yu-Gi-oh!

With Saheeli being the Dark Magician of Chaos, of course:)
>>
>>52167535
Banned:
Felidar Guardian
AEtherworks Marvel

Restricted:
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
Chandra, Torch of Defiance
Heart of Kiran
Smuggler's Copter

Semi-Restricted:
Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
Nahiri, the Harbinger
Liliana, the Last Hope
Walking Ballista
Reflector Mage

Unbanned:
Emrakul, the Promised End
>>
>>52167838
what's semi restricted?
>>
>>52167838
>Banned
>Restricted
>Semi-restricted
Should we YGO now?
>>
>>52168175
Semi-Restricted is what would be used for a) to prevent cards that are obviously broken but not currently warping the meta from becoming a problem in the future (Nissa, Liliana, Nahiri) or cards that would be really dumb, game-changing, super-sacky topdecks at 1, but are way too oppressive at 4 (Ballista)
>>
>>52167564
>Chandra and Gideon are disgusting Walkers, up there with the Mind Sculptor himself in terms of their impact on Standard

Wew.

you don't know shit kid.
Gideon is pretty annoying, yeah, but Chandra is a joke if you have access to good permanent removal.
>>
>>52168402
>if you have access to good permanent removal
This
We all know what the problem with Standard is, except Wizards
>>
>>52168499
#reprintdownfall
>>
>create and sell op cards for high prices
>Ban them in competitive

The perfect money machine
>>
File: 1470896977851.gif (181KB, 405x414px) Image search: [Google]
1470896977851.gif
181KB, 405x414px
I support no bans, but at the same time this format fucking sucks right now and I don't know how to possibly fix it other than Amonkhet being an A+ set, and even then we would STILL have fucking BFZ lingering for like 6 more months.
>>
no bans is great

no unbans is bullshit

wotc is way too fuckin banhappy
>>
>>52167514
I haven't played standard since my first rotation.
>>
>>52167514

I don't think bans would fix what's wrong with the game right now, which is:

1.) Price (makes people less likely to experiment with decks/cards)
2.) A design emphasis on powerful, pushed creatures, which means just the best creatures get played and anything that is "sub optimal" is disregarded as limited jank.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.